[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Those moments in Pokemon that always make you feel emotional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: cry.jpg (69 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
69 KB, 1920x1080
Those moments in Pokemon that always make you feel emotional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1miD_iNEGo
>>
File: This is nice.jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
This is nice.jpg
57 KB, 500x500
>That moment of silence until the music softly creeps in as she descends
>That angle shot from above as he stares towards her
>The way how he falls on his knees
>The way he twitches out of shock
>The way how he tries to reach for her, but barely laying a finger on her
>That music
>The final touch with the Fletchling and how well everything synced

It was really quite well done when you consider that it was made for the 3DS at the time, which does have its limitations. At least from character animation alone, it really quite impressed me.

Shed a few tears, don't regret it one bit. His story may have been sudden, but I liked his character because it's not often you meet a 7-foot-tall human in the pokemon world.
>>
File: look at that trainer and laugh.jpg (145 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
look at that trainer and laugh.jpg
145 KB, 1366x768
>>26711437
>The moment when the PC realizes he just found a R A R E F L O E T T E
>The moment when he uses his master ball on Floette and catches her
>The Moment when AZ gets heart broken again
that really keked my cakes
>>
File: ca1.jpg (13 KB, 680x509) Image search: [Google]
ca1.jpg
13 KB, 680x509
>pokemon super mystery dungeon ending
>no spoils but holy shit
>>
>>26711437
Surely one of the most memorable moments in Pokemon series
>>
>>26711437
See I'll agree on a technical level it's pretty well-done, but Pokemon is far from the first RPG to do cutscenes that well, so I don't get why it should get credit for that. I barely knew anything about AZ aside from his backstory so it was hard for me to feel anything. Without that it's just a waste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSPfAIFDenA

This is a cutscene from a PS2 game, and it has some pretty good character facial animations and the like. It's not even the best the PS2 has to offer. I doubt the 3DS wouldn't be able to handle this quality so I think it's a fair comparison...Hell, the 3DS has actual PS2 ports like Tales of the Abyss and MGS3.

By that point in the game you also knew a lot about the characters in said cutscene (it's also only like 15% of the way into the game). Even for a kid's game, it's kind of annoying how little effort GF puts into the story and characters. They have a lot of potential to tap.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.