[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pkmn going down the drain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: navi.png (121 KB, 364x275) Image search: [Google]
navi.png
121 KB, 364x275
Are you ready for the next level casualization of the franchise?
>>
>>26615936
I just hope this doesn't make me throw my DS. That would be bad.
>>
File: somewhere over the rainbow.png (924 KB, 596x595) Image search: [Google]
somewhere over the rainbow.png
924 KB, 596x595
When asked what the next generation of Pokémon games will be like if such a plan exists, Sugimori commented that they will not add more layers of complexity, but rather revert back to simplicity, in part by using elements found in Pokémon Red and Green. Therefore, there is now speculation that Game Freak may opt for this route in developing Generation VII.

As a side note, not only the number of games, but also the number of Pokémon, moves, abilities, items, etc. increase as each new generation is introduced, to such a degree that is difficult to remember all of them. It is impossible to decrease the amount of Pokémon, and such a move is assumed to be uncalled for, but some fans have claimed that it might be better to significantly organize/trim the moves, abilities, items, etc.

Also, Sugimori thought that other than the content of the game, Pokémon designs could probably be simplified, as well. As an extra, he stated in the same magazine that his favorite Pokémon of all times, even now as of the Pokémon XY series, is still Gengar as in the past.
>>
>>26615973
You got a source for all that text, friend?
>>
File: wot.jpg (36 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
36 KB, 300x400
>>26616099
you could just slap it on google lazy ass

original interview:
http://pk-mn.com/n/pokemon-7-sedai-simple/
>>
>>26615936
Who cares?
>>
>people still think Navi was annoying at all

I don't even like OoT.

>>26615973
Sugimori is a fucking retard.
>>
>>26616536
the point isnt that navi is annoying, is that now you're gonna have talking buddy always telling you what to do next, as if the handholding wasnt bad enough already
>>
>>26616596
Fine by me. Recent Level-5 RPG's do the same shit with a Help bar and minimap pointing where to go for the next story event, and MMBN/MMSF back in the day had the L button to talk to your Navi and remind you what you were supposed to do next. Most modern RPG's have a menu that you can consult to check what you're supposed to do next in whatever quest you're on.

Better than the region being designed like a straight line with tons of cutscenes thrown at you solely to tell you where to go only for the people who do need to constantly be reminded forgetting anyways because there's no way to check afterwards.
>>
>>26615936
Navi didn't do quest markers or record sidequests. She just gave tutorials.

Rotomdex is a quest journal.

>>26615946
>throwing your DS because something told you to go to the volcano
>>
its a kids game.
>>
>>26616596
>implying it's not optional handholding and your Pokedex will interrupt you like your rivals did in XY

Gud 1
>>
>>26616596
Source?
>>
Don't say anything bad about new games, you'll make the kids that came here for the EPIC giveaways mad.
>>
>>26616725
Not that guy but here: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/record-your-adventure-in-the-rotom-pokedex/

I really doubt it will be forced
>>
I remember when games were supposed to be fun and nobody complained how easy or hard they were, but judged them instead by their content and the effort to make it enjoyable to a wide audience.
>>
Pre-order cancelled!
>>
>>26616765
This. Even though I like challenge, in Pokemon you simply need to level up your team more and then you beat any NPC. The exp share just makes grinding faster. That is why for me, content is whats the most important and some post-game facility which offers replayability.
>>
It won't be so bad if it winds up being Navi-tier.

What you should all be worried about is the possibility of it being Fi-tier.
>>
>>26615936
>A feature I can ignore is introduced to help younger kids play a game that I grew up with
>these kids are new to a game with hundreds of characters and catering to them improves the chance of them engaging with the game
>This also creates new merchandise opportunities and potential spin-off titles, as well as bolstering Rotom's popularity
>I can skip over this feature entirely and so can you
I wonder... When's the last time sunlight met your pasty skin, OP?
>>
Giving kids a helper might actually allow them to make complex quests or exploration again.

Which would be good for people wanting more difficulty so long as it can be turned off.

But of course this is a meme now so we'll here about this for fucking ever coz vp is full of memeshitlords
>>
the level on fanboyism going on this thread is off the charts
>>
File: 1465140092467.png (444 KB, 1600x660) Image search: [Google]
1465140092467.png
444 KB, 1600x660
I'm ready for Pokai Watch.
>>
>>26616755
Sounds like the calendar thing that existed back in firered
>>
>>26615973
why is that a bad thing. i for one am lookng forward to a move revamp. shit like drowzee not learning dream eater is fucking retarded
>>
>>26620524
It wouldn't mean that, it would mean Dream Eater wouldn't even be a thing. Only Tackle in eighteen different types and Spore and Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave and a new 100ACC Freeze move.

Regardless Sugimori is just a dumbass who doesn't even do the art anymore.
>>
>people still have hope of pokemon being any good after X/Y
lol
>>
Is the Rotom going to count as a party member?

Can you use the Rotom as a backup Pokemon?
>>
>>26623174
no
>>
>>26616536
>I don't even like OoT
How is it even possible to have taste this shit?
>>
>>26623230
Well, they'd better explain in the game how you're allowed a 7th Pokemon without interfering with the standard party.
>>
>>26623406
they can just say it belongs to the professor
>>
I feel vp forgets that pokemon is still ment for children. We all just happen (somewhat) enjoy them as well.
>>
>>26616596
Oh, no, and RPG with a quest log.
How horrible.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.