[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It all comes together in an all new Pokemon adventure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: coincidenceithinknot.png (88 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
coincidenceithinknot.png
88 KB, 200x183
"Azoth is the essential agent of transformation in alchemy."

The spelling consists of the initial letter of the Latin, Greek and Hebrew alphabets followed by the final letters of the Latin alphabet (Z) [As in Zygarde aka Pokemon "Z"], the Greek alphabet (Omega) [Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire] and the Hebrew alphabet (Tau) [Tau is an island in the Manuʻa Island Group of American Samoa]. I predict that the Alola region will be focused on Hawaii but will have elements of Samoa culture.

In the inferior or material world, it is physical labor. Sulfur, Mercury, and Salt, which, volatized and fixed alternately, compose the Azoth of the sages. Sulfur corresponds to the elementary form of Fire, Mercury to Air and Water, Salt to Earth."

Litten has the alchemic symbol for sulfur on its face, and I predict Rowlet and Popplio will evolve and gain more distinct features showing the alchemic symbols for Salt and Mercury respectively.
>>
"The universe is surrounded by the sphere of light or stars. Beyond that sphere is Schamayim (שמים), the Hebrew word for 'heaven', who is the Divine Fiery Water, the first outflow of the Word of God, the flaming river pouring from the presence of the eternal mind. Schamayim, who is this fiery Androgyne, divides. His Fire becomes Solar fire and his Water becomes Lunar water in our universe."

"Solgaleo's body holds a vast amount of energy, and it shines with light when it's active. It has a flowing mane with a remarkable resemblance to the sun."
Solgaleo = Solar Fire?
"Lunala is constantly absorbing light and converting it into energy. With its wings spread to absorb the surrounding light and glittering like a crescent moon, it resembles a beautiful night sky."
Lunala = Lunar Water?
"As the Universal Life Force, the Azoth is not only the animating energy (spiritus animatus) of the body but is also the inspiration and enthusiasm that moves the mind. In the cosmos and within each of us, the Azoth is the mysterious evolutionary force responsible for the relentless drive towards physical and spiritual perfection. Thus, the concept of the Azoth is analogous to the light of nature or mind of God."
Lillie's name might refer to "Arrondissement of Lille" which is a specific region in France. The website refers to her as someone who "loves reading and has devoured many books." Maybe she is searching for the philosopher's stone which could be the stone seen in the title of the Japanese games and is on the protagonists' arm. She seems to be driven to researching Pokemon and has an important part in the story. Perhaps she's aiming for spiritual perfection which is why she studies under the Professor?

Then there's Hau, which is also the name of a Polynesian wind god. The mythology behind him is basically Hau fighting against his brothers who want to kill his parents. Perhaps the return of 2 teams is back from Ruby & Sapphire and Hau's brothers are the leaders of each team?
>>
File: TheyHaveArisen.png (14 KB, 527x470) Image search: [Google]
TheyHaveArisen.png
14 KB, 527x470
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
>>
>>26602750
Was half expecting some edgy memer to meme on my parade. Alas, this is the choice of Stein's Gate.
>>
will we know more about AZOTH after the movie?
>>
I hate these things because it always implies that the designers of these games are super serious about their convoluted references and not just coming up with shit in a controlled, business meeting setting
>>
>>26603842
Well there's always been super serious references. Pokemon may be for kids but there's dark stuff in the games too. Like Phantump being dead children's spirits.

>>26603814
I'd imagine so. I'm looking forward to the story of Sun and Moon. It has potential.
>>
>>26603894
I'm not saying serious as in weighty or grim, I'm saying serious as in it probably took you a while to figure this out. The designers don't put that much into their shit. They can't because it's decided by committee.
>>
>>26603911
I see what you mean. Although it's more likely how you describe it, I'd like to imagine that they put a lot of thought and development into references and lore.
>>
>>26603911
I thought they had people in charge of such decisions who know a thing or two about cultures, legends etc.?
>>
>>26604071
>>26604120
I don't doubt there's a great deal of thought going into the cultural backgrounds and inspiration of new Pokemon and regions, just not the conspiracy level OP suggests (which is an interesting theory, but just doesn't seem realistic for a couple of Japanese old guys to come up with).

I could be entirely wrong, though. I thought Litten's face markings meaning sulfur or brimstone was a super intentional choice from the moment I saw it.
>>
>>26603245
Just doing my job. Considering this board is shitpost central, I try to get my chuckles in.
>>
Damn OP your post is interesting but I don't have anything to contribute or discuss. Feels bad because this is actually neat
>>
>Litten has the alchemic symbol for sulfur on its face
end this meme
>>
>>26602522
Project AZOTH is just a fancy name for the same plot Team Aqua/magma did in both RSE and ORAS, awakening Groudon or Kyogre and letting their weather abilities reshape the world to their liking. There never was anything deeper to it.
>>
>>26602522
Mercury is the latin equivalent of greek god Hermes, the god of trade with the winged sandals . Rowlet?

Salt literally in the sea . Poplio?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.