[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit you must do or not do when you play in-game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 16
File: 1462280202515.gif (1 MB, 363x186) Image search: [Google]
1462280202515.gif
1 MB, 363x186
I never use HMs on any of my main Pokemons.
>>
File: autism.png (131 KB, 311x458) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
131 KB, 311x458
I do this with every New Generation game

My team must consists of the following:

>A Starter
>Pokemon(s) with low encounter rates(15% and below) or Uncommon Pokemon(s)
>Pokemon(s) which can only be evovled by an Evolution Stone, Trading, Trading with a specific item, Evolving in a specific location or period, Evolving by a special method, etc.
>A Fossil Pokemon
>The Pseudo Legendary of the New Generation

And if there's a lack of the mentioned Pokemons in this New Generation game(Like the lack of the Pokemons in XY), I must pick one more Starter for my team.
>>
>>26540624
I always do monotype runs
>>
i only use female pokemons
>>
>>26540624
only use pokemon that don't have a hindering nature. even something like +def -sp def still kind of triggers me
>>
>>26540930
I do this too :DDDDD
>>
I will always have a Pokémon with Fire Blast, Blizzard and Thunder.
>>
I never use pokemons that don't evolve
>>
>>26540987
Does that include legendaries?
>>
i dont use lucario unless hes proud of his power. i mean, whats the point otherwise? if hes incredibly powerful but doesnt know how to use it the right way he could cause some serious damage
>>
>>26541005
I never use legendaries. Although, I do use pokemons that don't have an evolution but a mega, like Mega Sableye, and Mega Diancie
>>
>>26540624
I always try and grab a Crobat, to perform the Crobat viability assessment

Basically, Crobat is a consistently above-mediocre pokemon for a playthrough in each gen, so the better Crobat is, the shittier wild pokemon distribution is.
>>
I soft reset until I get my starter to have the right nature for the build I want. I also never teach the starter HMs moves.

I box the legendary when I catch them.

I also do this >>26540987
>>
I always catch the regional bird until I can get a better flying type
>>
If I really like a pokemon I catch 2 of the same one. level up the weaker one so that they are both the same level. then keep the one with the better stats and set the other one free.
>>
I always have 3 male and 3 female pokemon, and if i have any genderless mons I need an even number.
>>
>>26540682
This sounds like a fucking ritual or something
>>
>>26540624
Who's this cutie?

I always pick the grass starter every game
>>
>>26540624
-Always use the new gen mons
-Never heal/use items on mons between E4 matches (or in them)

I was gonna say I never use normal type pokemon but my 70+lvl skitty in OR says otherwise...
>>
I never use Rare Candies or Master Balls.

The last time I did was in Gen 2.
>>
>>26540682
This actually sounds fun. I always end up with like 4 pokemons when I reach the pokemon league because most of the pokemons look garbage. This might help me have a full team.
>>
i pick cute and pretty things
>>
>>26540624
Generally:
1. Box starter
2. Good coverage
3. Avoid using legendaries or Pokemon I deem to be Digimon like fucking Palliative or Dialga or Kyurem Jesus Christ
4. Generally avoid mascots and popular Pokemon like Lucario or Zoroark
5. Mostly sweepers since ingame
>>
File: 1447396686402.jpg (14 KB, 299x279) Image search: [Google]
1447396686402.jpg
14 KB, 299x279
>>26540624
I only use native pokemon

I dont want to use HMslaves so I use Hms in my party

I want to have a 50.:50 male-female proportion in my ingame team
>>
>starter
>Gyarados
>Box Legendary
>Three regional mons
>>
File: tumblr_ma0w8lfOX21r5kejco1_500.jpg (16 KB, 500x511) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ma0w8lfOX21r5kejco1_500.jpg
16 KB, 500x511
I carry a Porygon with me on every game
>>
anyone else have the same autistic team building requirements as me?

>Absolutly no type overlap
>good natures, not perfect but no - in a stat thats usefull.
>no legends
> 2 walls, 2 sweepers, last 2 are free spots
>all pokemon must have different color schemes.
>all abilitys must be usefull,(no Chlorophyll without drought/sunnyday)
>if its not a remake then use only new pokemon.
>>
File: Becky-carrot-cake.jpg (60 KB, 570x567) Image search: [Google]
Becky-carrot-cake.jpg
60 KB, 570x567
I always use my starter on playthroughs. Tried not using it once, felt bizarre.

Only catch Pokemon that look the right gender to me (ie, if I decide to use an Umbreon it should be male, Sylveon female, Arcanine male, Ninetales female etc)

Never use HMs on main party Pokemon besides Surf and Fly. Usually have a HM slave boxed until I need it.

Only use Pokeballs. Probably the thing I'm most autistic about. Goes for legendaries or things I'm only catching to trade too. Since Gen 3.

Box legendaries right away and have only ever used one event pokemon, Victini in B/W because it was a cutie and the event was fun.

Almost always have a Dragonite on my team. Usually post game I'll only have 2 Pokemon with me, Dragonite and some kind of companion type or something new I'm trying out.

>>26541374
Not him but that is Becky Lynch, WWE diva
>>
>>26540682
>>26542128
both of you are autistic
>>
Who's /Balltism/ here?
>>
>not using surf and fly on your mains
>>
File: personal usage list.png (278 KB, 809x948) Image search: [Google]
personal usage list.png
278 KB, 809x948
I always only use Pokémon I've never used before. The rule may be broken if I'm in a later Gen and a Pokémon has an evo/pre-evo that I haven't used.

I really need to play more of later Gens.
>>
I never use pokemons that have the same weaknesses
>>
I capture every pokemon in a route and continuously cycle them out till they can evolve, then I keep them in storage.
>>
I don't nickname my Pokemons
>>
i nuzlocke every pokemon game i buy
>>
File: 1346186154693.jpg (35 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
1346186154693.jpg
35 KB, 300x226
>>26541050
>>
>>26540682
My team in my first runs is something like that
>A starter
>Regional bird
>Electric type
>Two pokemon each with grass, fire or water types (depending on the starter)
>The pseudo
>>
>>26541169
Basically this but i've never used luxury balls desu.. also i allow one poison overlap because all my fave pokes seem to be poison every gen
>>
I try to never have anything in my party with a quadruple weakness.
>>
File: 1464738921647.png (531 KB, 943x650) Image search: [Google]
1464738921647.png
531 KB, 943x650
>>26540624
Never use any ball other than original pokeballs, while my whole team has to consist of pokemon from the generation of the game i'm playing.
>>
>>26541788
>Gyarados

My nigga
>>
>>26540624
I usually have two main Pokemon with one of them 2-4 levels behind the other, although that rule has been broken in gen 6.
>>
File: pokemon-z.jpg (345 KB, 760x695) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-z.jpg
345 KB, 760x695
>>26540624
Never use Legendaries, they are dumb
>>
>>26544697

Are use dumb Legendaries never, they
>>
>>26540624
I always make sure that every pokemon in my team has the same level, avoiding level gaps between them.
>>
File: 220px-Professor_Elm_anime.png (64 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
220px-Professor_Elm_anime.png
64 KB, 220x165
>>26541052
What are the results of your bat study, if I may ask? How does it fair in the various games?
>>
I usually do this for every game:

>Grass, Fire, and Water core (Includes the starter)
>3 other 'mons I like that don't overlap types

>>26544905
I do this, too
>>
I always run nuzlocke rules and additional rules that make the game harder or I get bored.
>>
I usually have no type overlaps, only pokeball/premier/luxury balls, and I make the legendary into an HM slave. Legendaries can usually learn 4 HMs, then my team learns the rest.
>>
>>26541470
I don't use them too
>>
First, try to only use pokemon I've never used in-game before.

Second, minimize weakness overlaps but don't fight it because of rule 4.

Third, the team is ~9 pokemon by E4. There is ALWAYS a shitty pokemon I don't want to abandon and ALWAYS a dope late game 'mon that I find hard to work into the team.

Last, change the rules of that run if it stops being fun.
>>
>>26545494
Oh, and on any playthrough after the first per generation the starter can be replaced as soon as trading is possible but ONLY with a 3 stage pokemon.
>>
>>26540961
Same, it makes Nuzlockes extra annoying, sadly.
>>
>>26542899
Not gonna lie to you, try using Slaking. Despite the ability it's pretty fun to use.
>>
My general rules:
>no using legendary's or pseudos
>no running away from a fight or wild pokemon
>hardly use items (usually save them all for the Elite four)
>hardly buy items (unless they're pokeballs)

Usually I try to do a mono type like grass, bug, rock etc. But I've been playing through XY and keep switching between types trying to figure out my favourite pokemon and type.
>>
File: Dream_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png (4 KB, 90x90) Image search: [Google]
Dream_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
4 KB, 90x90
>>26542788
EVERYTHING GOES IN ONE OF THESE
>>
>sell all healing items / X-Attacks, etc. and never use them in battle
>only raise 4-5 Pokemon to have room for slaves REEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING GF REMOVE HMSs
>Must have at least 1 move of each type (besides Normal/Dark/Steel/Poison/Dragon because they're redundant)
>one of my main guys must learn Fly
>one of my main guys must learn Surf or Waterfall
>>
>>26546108
No Steel or Poison moves? But how do you wreck Fairies then?
>>
All of my main 6 MUST be dual type. NO duplicate typings.

It's such a fucking nightmare sometimes and I honestly don't know why I do it to myself.
>>
File: 565carracosta1920x1200[1].jpg (196 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
565carracosta1920x1200[1].jpg
196 KB, 1920x1200
>>26542899
Have replayed BW so many times with new teams every time.

Sawsbuck, Caracosta and Golurk were great sleeper hits I underestimated at first.

Bisharp is fucking great too but it's not exactly unpopular or overlooked.

Got a shiny Heatmor on Victory Road so went ahead and trained it up. It's shit.
>>
>>26545676
Do you think it could hold its own in Star Sapphire (definitely playing Star and not Meme just because I like vanilla Pokémon stats instead of rebalanced ones)? That's the next Hoenn game I plan on playing.
>>
File: 1436131618937.gif (661 KB, 200x117) Image search: [Google]
1436131618937.gif
661 KB, 200x117
>>26540624
>Becky Lynch on my /vp/
Aw yes.

>No legendaries
>Must have a cool Metal type
>Must have a cool Fighting type
>Never bother to minmax on my first run
>>
>>26546304
Slaking is ridiculously OP ingame
>>
>>26546195
same
>>
On my first play through of a gen, I always use pokemon exclusive to that generation.
I always make sure my team can take all HMs, but will forget them for the elite four or other big battles.

I used to play through with all 3 starters, regional bird, HM slave and a regional electric type. Pretty much pokemon yellow.
>>
>>26541735
>I only use native pokemon
>I dont want to use HMslaves so I use Hms in my party

Same. I'll never understand people who get a new game and do a run with imported old mons. That's fucking boring. I always go with a 100% Regional dex team with emphasis on new pokemon. And I'm always going to have at least one Surfer, Flyer and Strength in my party.

Another thing I do that I'm trying to stop is using the exact same team in every run. I always have a go to team and now I'm doing more Nuzlockes so I can learn to appreciate more pokemon.
>>
>>26540624
Since R/S, never deposit my starter, at least until I've beaten the elite 4. (similar to original mystery dungeon's partner who must stay with you until you stop the comet). Also, never use X items.

Since HG/SS, uniquely name anything I catch, and can only catch one per evolutionary line (the second rule mostly so I don't have to stop to think of good, unused names as often). So no duplicate species, and if I want to log the evolved form in the pokedex, I have to evolve up for it. Also, no legendaries. Boxed immediately and never touched.

Since ORAS, EXP Share off, no supertraining, ev training, or vitamins, and cannot megaevolve until max affection has been reached, and only if the opponent also clearly has a mega.

If I ever do a Yellow run, I may add "main party can only contain pokemon given to me as gifts" to it.

Something I've been doing since Pearl is that I also tend to make sure I have at least one, often two or three SE responses to any given type. The reason for redundancy is to get around dual typing immunities and resistances.
This also tends to lend itself to no type overlapping. This isn't really a rule though so much as just my method of teambuilding. Made sinnoh an absolute pain, trying to find a fire type.

I also try to avoid using bad HMs on the main party. This too is just basic strategy and not an official rule.
>>
>>26546864
also, since HG/SS, it's very rare for me to swap out mon in my main party. It's either caught explicitly just for the dex, or meant for the party. Downgrading someone just feels sort of weird, even if a better option is presenting itself. It's not a hard and fast rule, and I've actually done it twice in the last two games. But typically my party will consist of things caught within the first 4 gyms or so that I deemed worthy of training.
>>
>>26540682
Are you me? I also use the Pokemons that is not available in that said new gen game
>>
>>26540624
I breed 0 IVs Pokemons with shit natures and trade them to the game to make it more challenging
>>
Always pick the Water type Starter
>>
Name every pokemon i catch/breed, always, witout exceptions
>>
I used to never use any TMs except those that you could get duplicates of. Thank fuck for gen 5.
>>
>>26540624
Except surf
>>
i use showderp memes
>>
>>26548826
snibs
>>
>>26540624
Surf and waterfall are actually good moves though.

Strength and fly are good in game as well.

Also, I would luck every nook and cranny of Becky's body
>>
>>26540624
>Name all my pokemon, no exception.
>No type repetition
>No Legendaries
>First run, only new pokemon of the generation
>Further runs, a predetermined list of pokemon I know I can get and want to try
>Surf and Fly: only HMs I accept on my main team. All the rest go to HM slaves
>As of lately, I try to get half males, half females.
That's it. I'm not very picky.
>>
>>26540624
I only catch my mons with Pokéballs
>>
>>26542899
This is something I've been doing from Generation IV onwards. Though there are a few favourites that keep making their way back onto teams in games they appear in (I've had at least three Ampharos as a part of my team at some point or another.)

Generally speaking I just try to have an even type distribution otherwise. Party mons get nicknames, Legendary mons are never nicknamed. There's also a good chance I'll add a Ground-type to my team if available.
>>
>>26540946
This
>>
>>26540624
I don't fully evolve my pokemons to their last stage. This makes the game more challenging.
>>
I never sell the Nuggets and Pearls
>>
>>26540946
-def is fucking awful ingame. Death by tackle comes so much quicker
>>
I have to have an even split between male and female
At least 5 must be pokemon from that generation counting the starter
They all must be the same levels before i challenge a gym/e4.
No overlaping types
>>
>>26540624
Becky is cute, cute!
>>
I use 6 mon teams always.
>>
>>26546036
Oh, I forgot. I also nickname all my pokemon.
>>
>>26548826
specs weedle

>>26540624
Not much but I try to use pokémon I haven't used very much before, unless it's one I really don't like (like Jynx or Conkeldurr)
I almost never use HM Slaves unless it's for a one-time use or I have nothing in my team that can use a HM
>>
>>26540624
>Becky Lynch
How is she so beautiful?
>>
>>26540987
Me too.
Having your mons evolve is something to be excited and hyped about along with the satisfaction feelings, the chance to watch the new power and the feeling of progress.
>>
I usually do a run for each starter in every gen, and I always try use different pokemon in each run. After that I do a final run with the pokemon that I enjoyed using the most out of all the ones I caught.
>>
>>26540624
I always keep an empty slot for the box legendary until I catch it
>>
My starter MUST have 20/20 or 22/22 HP when I pick it.
My ID number can never end with 1,4 or 7 unless the other numbers makes it aestheticaly better..(but end with 1 is inexcusable).
I always catch the least common poke in the route/area. Except if the pokemon is ugly or has shitty stats
Previous to GenV, I release all pokemon whose back art is shit (Grovyle looks like a Jelly with leaves)
I organize moves by STAB or utility.
My starter must be 2 levels above the other pokemon in my party and 4 above the strongest pokemon on GYM leader party.
I have ASD
>>
>>26552806
Holy shit, I thought >>26540682 was autistic, but you've exceeded him
>>
File: 1433228719031.jpg (257 KB, 1440x812) Image search: [Google]
1433228719031.jpg
257 KB, 1440x812
>>26540624
I always keep my Starter with me the entire game and to the Elite Four.
I always nickname, with my HM Slave getting the same name each time.
I autistically soft-reset for a Trainer ID I like. Luckily with PKHeX in this gen, it's a non-issue.
I soft-reset for a female Starter most of the time. When I first played X, I took it too far and went for a Timid female Fenniken. I eventually got her. I also soft-reset gift Pokemon, even if I'll never use them.
I try not to have types overlap.
If I catch a wild Pokemon with an absolutely awful Nature (For example a Relaxed Gible) I'll reset and catch another.
I arrange my Pokemon's moves by STAB. Hydreigron is a Dark-Dragon Type, so it knows Dark Pulse then Draco Meteor and then the other two moves.
I only use regular Pokeballs.
I only use native Pokemon in a playthrough.
>tfw aspergers
>>
>>26540624
>reset starter to get a "not terrible" nature
>if woopers in the game it's always on the team
>never use repels
>spend all my money on pokeballs in case of shiny in addition to porting over an emergency master ball
>never use master ball because i have multiple attempts for legendaries anyways
>never pick totodile
>>
>>26542788
Even on a shiny legendary I balltism. If it's worth going for, it's worth doing right.
>>
>>26545494
I had a play through of Platinum once where I had ~9 in my team. Couldn't choose who to take into the Elite 4 with me.

I'm sorry Flareon, but you've just got no fucking moves m8.
>>
>>26546219
>Carracosta

Fuck me I've never been happier with a fossil pokemon. His design is absolutely amazing and with Shell Smash he's a freight train
>>
I always carry an HM Slave, and he is always the one I use to take hits to get heals in. He almost never gets actual battle time and is always under leveled.

I never use Legends.

I never catch things that are common or that many trainers use, and I will go out of my way to pick rarer stuff up. Doesn't have to be good, just rare.

I don't use the basic birds (except Pidgeot), and instead opt to wait for fliers later on, or, if there aren't any that I like, I will get a Crobat, because I love his design.

If I am replaying a game, I always do some sort of challenge because I have a hard time finishing games after I've beat them once, even if I really want to replay them. Not just Pokemon
>>
File: 1418658072076.jpg (33 KB, 400x309) Image search: [Google]
1418658072076.jpg
33 KB, 400x309
Ive done this for every first play through
>every Pokemon gifted to you ie: castform, lucario, ect.
>use the regional bird, bug, and rodent as long as I can
>use the box legendary as soon as I get it
>>
>>26553256

So like me
I am >>26552806
>>
>>26540624
>Starter
>regional bird
>psuedo legendary
>3 regional only pokemon
>No type overlap
My list ain't that autistic right?
>>
Box caught pokemon by type, each box's wallpaper must relate to the type
Sorted by primary type except for normal/flying
>>
>>26541014
nice meme
>>
>>26554358
>by type
>not by dex number

oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
My team has to be able to learn all the HMs which are usable reasonably often. Don't like carrying around HM slaves and having to go to the PC every time I need to use them.

It's nice to use your team to explore the region, but it's too bad that almost all HM moves are awful.
>>
>>26553053
This
>>
>>26540624
... Surf and / or Waterfall *may* end up on one of my mains. Strength almost always ends up on a alternate / secondary, but rock smash, cut, and flash / defog are fucking useless and get put on a HM slave who only emerges from the box when needed.
>>
>>26540624
>No Surf
>No Fly
>No Waterfall
>>
>>26541470
No master balls, no full restores, amulet coin on whatever pokemon is in the #1 slot.
>>
>>26542625
>>26553053
>>26554875

Why are you calling >>26540682 him autistic? To each his style of playing, and besides, he's not doing something extreme like >>26552806
Hell, he's just very specific at the mons he chooses, like most of the fanbase.
>>
>>26540624
Who's this semen demon?
>>
>>26554013
I'm no doctor, but I think you might be 12
>>
I only catch Kaiju mons
>>
>>26540624

How do you carry around a full team of 6 then?

I teach them all 1 minimum. Makes the first runthrough feel more authentic. My full team is helping me smash rocks, cross rivers, and fly around and shit.

Also helps encourage some team diversity, since I need to find bros that can learn necessary HMs.
>>
>>26540624
Having an Eeveelution is a MUST in my team
>>
File: D35Uuou.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
D35Uuou.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>>26555797
Becky Lynch
>>
I have a tendency of buying three copies of the same game
>first copy is monotype runs that turn into an eventual living dex(AS living dex completion at 712/722, would be 713 but DS broke during mew distribution)
>second copy is nuzlocke
>third copy is to experiment with all the new pokes

monotype runs always go in alphabetical order
monos must box or release starter, if already obtained, no execptions
nuzlockes must never use hold items, pokemon centers only if all party pokemon are in the red
experiment copy must always level everything caught to 40 at min. regardless of tier
>>
>>26542394
They're not divas anymore they're women now!!
>>
>>26540624
I don't really have a thing for redheads or armpits, but I swer, Becky makes me reconsider every time I see her

Surf, waterfall, strength, rock climb and fly are all good in game moves, or at least usable in battle and not a waste of a moveslot
>>
>>26554561
>dex number
No thanks
>>
>starter
>regional bird
>a steel pokemon from the generation of the game i'm playing
>an eeveelution

the rest of the team are pokemons which i find their design cool
>>
>>26562188
This.
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.