[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A game that has:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1461715350138.jpg (47 KB, 600x625) Image search: [Google]
1461715350138.jpg
47 KB, 600x625
>2 rivals
>The one that choses the starter with advantage is a cocky jerk who only uses strong-mons and starts tough, but gets progressively stupid and predictable.
>The one that has the disadvantage gets utterly beaten on the first fight, and gets determined to beat you, so they start having better and better strategy, setting hazards, using status, and giving items to their mons.
>big region, with explorable areas where you can find a lot of hidden mons (like how you have to go very deep in a cave to find lapras or Tyrogue in Johto) but for all the pseudos and some other. Think about scyther being very deep in the woods, larvitar in a cave or even a starter, no more 1% chance to appear shit, straight out having to find them with HM puzzles (not just pressing A to cut the tree or some rock).
>HM's are now learnt from getting a gym badge, and does not occupy a slot in the moveset of a pokemon.
>Now you choose your own order of gyms, the level of wild pokemon and the difficulty of a gym depends on the number of badges you have, rather than on the route/gym itself.
>keep the new:old pokemon ratio to 1:3, enough to find new pokemon on every route, but still getting to have a lot of old bros to people who don't like the new designs.

Introduce roughly:
>50 new pokemon
>50 cross-gen evos and prevos (mons like farfetch or chimecho need it without having to waste your mega slot), so literally you don't screw up for chosing a pokemon you like. and also prevos to pokemon that start out too strong (mostly about 10 or so prevos) like a Lapras prevo, or a Torkoal one.
>50 new megas, most to already evolved-weak pokemon, not just on some broken shit like legendaries and lucario-tiers. Give it to Butterfree, Raichu, Roserade, Liligant, etc.)
>a poison mythical (making it the 151th for balance sake)

Cont'd
>>
Also:
>Serious nerfing to the base stats powercreep that are megas and primals, base status overhaul on all mons (it depresses me how useless primeape is literally an inferior version of mienshao).
>Water is now weak to poison and Ice, but inmune to burns.
Grass and ice are now resistant to fairy
Burning now only reduces the atk 1 stage, not 2.
More sound attacks.
More fairy attacks. (not just like 4).
>We get more entry hazards that aren't stealth rock, such as grass, fire, or ice, but now every entry hazard only lasts 3 switch ins.
>knock off goes down to 30 power

How much did I fix/ruin the series ?
>>
>>26528158
>only 50 new mons
>50 evos and pre-evos of old mons
this right here is garbage.
I love new pokemon because i get bored of the old pokemon very fast. BW was a perfect example, having all new pokemon for the first bit was great, it felt new and you could find your bros in post game.
Evos and pre-evos are good but 50 is way too many, maybe have 20 max. Megas im not fussed about.
The HM thing is good but it takes the fun out of the puzzle solving, making it too easy is what ruins the fun of the adventure
Choosing your own order of gyms is also ridiculous, you could literally walk all the way to the end of the game, catch the psuedo at a rediculously low level and fly through the game with it, leave the gym system as it is.
The rival idea is great though
>>
I liked your ideas up until adding cross gen prevos.

What purpose do prevos serve other than "CUTE"?
>>
>>26529503
>Choosing your own order of gyms is also ridiculous
It's a good idea, it's just that the entire game needs to be built with that in mind.

>catch the psuedo at a rediculously low level and fly through the game with it
Exactly, they need to build the game specifically so stuff like this doesn't matter or that wherever you go it's the right way.
Actually, make the gyms and league completely optional. Make Contests better, have online contests, add other stuff to do. You can still play the game the old way, but if you want something different it's there. It's your choice.
>>
>>26528162
>water weak to ice
This meme again.

Buffing ice offensively won't fucking buff the type in the least, you retard, it's already a great offensive type. It just needs more resistances, etc.
>>
>>26529503
Regarding the gym order, use your fucking imagination. There would be strong Pokemon all over the region that would take finesse to get regardless of where you are. Progress would be determined by badges, not how far along you are in a linear path. I sure hope you don't breed, your capacity for abstract thought is like dog tier.
>>
>>26529687
each game has run off the fact that you follow they gyms in order, certain plot points for the game happen when you get to a certain town, to throw that out would throw the story out, it not about abstract thought, its about having order.
Without order to go on the game would be chaos, you'd be running around all over the place
My point on strong pokemon still stands though, you could go and collect the 6 strongest pokemon in the game at ridiculously low levels before you even get the first badge. You all complain the games are too easy and then praise ideas like this that would make the game easy. I prefer the method of earning stronger pokemon as you progress rather than being able to go and get them whenever you want.
The whole point of gym leaders giving you HMs to progress also throws out the whole free order of gyms, you'll need certain HMs to get around such as cut and surf, meaning that you'd still have to do some gyms before others. Think your own points through before you tell others not to breed.
>>
>>26529870
Instead of having the entire place to be blocked if you don't have badges you just need them (or any other type of progress) to unlock a particular place, where stuff like legendaries and whatever could be hidden.
There could be more than a plot you could decide/happen to follow.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.