[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did YOU think of XY? I think while they wasn't the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: pokemon_xy_legendaries.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_xy_legendaries.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
What did YOU think of XY? I think while they wasn't the best Pokemon games, they got quite a bit too much of a bad rap for such petty things. It seems like people expected too much.
>>
Wasn't around for XY spoiler season so I don't know what people's expectations were, but personally what I think XY did best was make it more feasible to legally get into competitive battling due to a combination of factors, like all the factors for streamlined breeding, ORAS DexNav, Battle Spot, legends having 3 perfects guaranteed, etc. That's huge to me as the PvP is the aspect of Pokemon I enjoy the most so I appreciate the games more than I suppose suppose the average poster might. I don't much care about the lack of post game ot even the easy and therefore very quick to finish main campaign since I jumped right into breeding and it'a been a breeze compared to when I tried in BW. It was miserable and the odds were so much more stacked against you. I'd dint even do the Looker Bureau post game qusdt until later I was so engrossed with Team building.
>>
>>26510906
I think people are just mad butthurt that we only got a few new mons, wich lead them to point every other little nitty detail in order to express, justify, and fully inflamate said mad butthurt feelings. XY were excellent games that brought alot of features to the table.
>>
>>26510989
I think people complain about models too much.. They're called boring and I suppose they are in terms of them being idle animations, but because Pokemon don't have to be stuck in an action pose anymore, you can see them in a new way. We didn't really see idle Pokemon before. Some of them look kind of interesting because they're a new perspective. Some Pokemon you never really just stand there. I also don't mind the colors attempting the emulate the official art either, though I really liked HGSS's color palette.
>>
>>26510906
I enjoyed playing through it, but I was very disappointed about the lack of postgame. It's pathetic when the series' generation 2 games on GBC contained so much more to do after the E4.

I enjoyed character customization, something which I think GF is going to severely truncate in SM, which is natural for them to do to good features. But that's besides the point, and it was a fun feature for XY itself.

The abundant variety of available Pokemon was a nice change. However even for Pokemon standards I found the game much too easy: exp. share aside, the gym leaders were pushovers, having no more than 3 Pokemon and not packing counters for their weaknesses; and aside from Lysandre, I don't think any of the team flare members (including the admins) had more than two Pokemon on their teams.

All in all, I enjoyed the feel of the game, but I'm also going to wait for some player reviews before buying S/M. I'll give GF the benefit of the doubt and assume much of XY's shortcomings were due to GF adjusting to an entirely new 3D environment, but I'm expecting much more from S/M now that they've had entire gen to play with 3D.
>>
>>26510906
My only gripes with XY were the rivals and megas being added. They were great otherwise.
>>
>>26510906
I actually wasn't expecting anything and I was still let down. It feels unsatisfying and very rushed, to say nothing of the horrible implementation of Mega Evolutions.
>>
>>26510906
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I liked megas and I loved the new pokemon introduced.

However, I hated X/Y. Absolutely painfully easy, with literally no post-game. I like what it did to change the meta-game, but the game was miserable. I honestly can't imagine ever wanting to go back for another playthrough ever again.
>>
Needed more pokes. That's all.
>>
I as okay with getting a few mons (more than half of them I really enjoy), and for someone like me who replays the game a lot, the in-game variety was FANTASTIC.

Megan's could've been done better, and the story and developed characters took a step back from gen 5, but people don't play it for the story. It was too easy (without exp share the "boss battles" we're ezpz
>>
>>26511016
Same fampai, only model i had a problem with was nidoking, he should have looked slimmer and edgier. The models were great. And even the colors, were fine. Last i remember color has alot to do with game performance, deeper colors would have pushed the game to unplayable levels if my knowledge of game design correlating with hardware is correct.
>>
>>26511240
I don't know anything about the colors affecting the hardware or whatever. I can just appreciate stuff like seeing Blaziken's sideways pose or seeing eevees face directly forward instead of being shown doing a sideways pose to make it easier on perspective, or even stuff like Nidoking or whatever just standing there looking forward since those were new looks for them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.