[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I remade the typechart with a focus on balancing, consolidation,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: newbattlechart3.png (19 KB, 482x316) Image search: [Google]
newbattlechart3.png
19 KB, 482x316
I remade the typechart with a focus on balancing, consolidation, and themes. Anybody wanna critique it? Post your own? Discuss types/balance/themes?
>>
I'm just a lazy fuck who didn't read it
someone will
>>
>>26484503
kek, thanks for the pity bump anon.

Basics:
>Plant(Grass) resists most elements, is a defensive type
>Fire is offensive an offensive, all-or-nothing type
>Water is malleable and balanced
>Air(Flying) doesn't give a fuck
>Normal is an actual useful coverage type only resisted by Metal(Steel)
>Normal's Ghost immunity is replaced by a useful Magic(Fairy+Psychic) immunity
>>
>>26484696
so to you, the move bite is more similar to shadow ball than super fang

ok
>>
>>26484386
>merge Ground & Rock
>don't merge Water & Ice
why
>>
>>26484386
>shadow = ghost + dark
end yourself you idiot.
>>
>>26485225
this, what the fuck is that for? I get some of the others but ghost and dark are very different both conceptually, in terms of themes and moveset/mon selection.
>>
>>26485248
shut the fuck up you fucking faggot, i'll shit in your open mouth and on your chest
>>
>>26484386
>Earth
>Air
>Metal
>Plant
>Magic
>Shadow
Never post on my fucking board ever again.
>>
>>26485143
As it stands the move Bite is more similar to Dark Pulse than Super Fang, so yeah I guess.

>>26485225
>>26485248
What I thought of most was the Pokemon that would be getting retyped. I felt a "Shadow" type could soundly apply to most Ghost/Dark types that currently exist, as "shadow" can refer to both "things that go bump in the night" and "nefarious monsters". I can't deny that something is lost in combining them, but that's the case in consolidating any of these types. The biggest loss would be the intangibility aspect of Ghosts, but I feel that could be remedied with a move that gives immunity to Fighting and/or Normal, given to former Ghost types.

>>26485205
Ice and Water could be combined conceptually, but I just can't see many existing Ice types being retyped to Water. Ice also fills thematic roles with Earth and Steel/Metal as "mineral types", and with Electric as "extra Elements".

>>26485976
>being this mad over a random little challenge I made for myself

>>26485324
>>>/b/
>>
>>26484386
Bug does seem better. So an A okay by me
>>
>>26484386
>Electric still has only 1 weakness.
>>
File: 1432646391230.jpg (285 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1432646391230.jpg
285 KB, 700x700
>>26487121
>Electric only resists Steel and itself
>>
>>26484386
Shameless self bump; it's one of a kind
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.