[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you memorize the typing interaction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2
File: typechart.png (58 KB, 752x829) Image search: [Google]
typechart.png
58 KB, 752x829
How did you memorize the typing interaction?
>>
>>26438324
repetition
>>
experience
>>
>>26438324
>>People that know how to fight can beat untrained people
>>Water puts out fire
>>Dirt smothers fire
>>Water conducts electricity
>>Plants absorb water
>>Ground doesn't conduct electricity
>>Fire burns plants
>>Winter kills plants
>>Birds/Bugs eat plants
>>Ice melts
>>You can't punch a bird
>>Brains over brawn
>>Water makes dirt/sand soft
>>Plants grow in dirt
>>Water gets into cracks in the ground and freezes
>>Birds are high in the sky and are easier to hit with lightning
>>Two birds one stone
>>People are scared of bugs, ghosts, and the dark
>>Magnifying glass VS ants
>>Birds eat bugs
>>Water erodes rocks
>>Moss grows on rocks
>>Martial artists can punch rocks, etc
>>Dragons die in fairy tales
>>Fighting well is better than fighting dirty
>>Jet fuel can melt steel beams

That's all I got
>>
By not being a retared
>>
By sticking with this franchise since its first release?
It's literally seared into my brain.
I cannot forget.
>>
>>26438324
Logic and playing the fucking game
Gen 4 you niggers hate so much made this even better by having a poketch app which could test type effectivity so you can always remember some type you never use like bug
>>
>>26438438
>Jet fuel can melt steel beams
Nice lies
>>
Graduating the school from Pokemon Stadium 2 with a raichu badge(?) helped quite a bit.
>>
I admit I forget resistances
Today I was like "goes Ground resist Bug?"
>>
>>26438324
I did not. I have that same image on my phone for a reason. And i'm playing pokemon since gen 1 in 1996
>>
>>26438556
Wake up Mareeple
>>
Playing this game since I was 8 as well as some of the internal logic. Some typings are sensical; others are not. Most are understandable to children. Also online and trial and error.
>>
>>26438602
I always think it does too. Probably because rock resists bug and poison and ground resists poison, so I expect it to resist bug as well.
>>
>>26439444
Bugs dig through the ground.
>>
>>26438324
I didn't.
It was easier to learn it for each individual Pokemon.
>>
I don't, I'm a dumb fuck
>>
>>26439444
>rock resists bug
It actually doesn't. Throws me off more often than any other matchup.
>>
>>26440594
what? I just looked at the chart again and you're right.

So they both resist poison but not bug.
>>
>>26438324

I don't know. I just do.
>>
>>26438438
something similar as this
>normal cant do shit, but ghosts pass right through
>fire burns grass, melts ice, grills bugs, melts metal
>fighter is stronger than normal person, can break ice and metal and also likes to beat up niggers
>ground filters poison (like some kind of carbon filter)
>psychic : mind over matter, can heal illness (poison), but is squeamish and hates bugs, cant do black magic or some shit
>bugs like to hide in dark places
>smash bugs with rocks
>dark magic stronger then light magic and ghosts
>electrical grounding
etc.
>>
playing for too long
>>
Sleeping Beauty explained why Fairy beats Dragon, and why Dragon only does half damage to Steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b-Muo-JhXM
>>
I feel like I've always known it for as long as I can remember. It's just second nature at this point.
>>
>>26438324
Most of them make sense
The only thing I'd change is make Normal weak to Poison, but then that would break the Only One Weakness thing that normal has for it, so I'm not even mad
Btw, why is Dark so good against Ghost? Dark is all about rouge tactics and dirty moves, how is that strong against Spookies? Or is it because of the "evil intent", like with Dark vs Psychic?
>>
>>26445083
I always thought of Dark as more like mentally insane. So Psychics are damaged by the crazy incoherent thoughts, and Ghosts just aren't prepared for something to be able to even comprehend the existence of the spectral plane.
>>
>>26445083
dark in japanese is actually demon type. demons exist to torture your spirit after death
>>
Just sort of memorize it after a while
>>
>>26441542
c'mon man psychic is so much easier than that: the minds top three fears are Death Bugs and the dark.
not sure why psychic hurts poison so much though
>>
>>26445231
>not sure why psychic hurts poison so much though
Honestly I think it's because otherwise the Gastly line would have been OP in Gen I, and they never bothered to change it.
>>
>>26445231
I always thought of the psychic poison logic was poisoning a psychic would be impossible because they'd know you poisoned whatever
>>
>>26445231
The way I've justified how psychic is super effective against poison is "Smart people don't drink bleach".
>>
>>26445231
Their psychic waves can neutralize and dissolve poison at a molecular level. Imagine if you were to microwave sludge or something for minutes, except the sludge is a Muk, and you're actually using Psywave.
>>
Playing the game, and also these >>26438438
>>
>>26438324
For Fairies
>Pollution and urbanization kills the magic of the environment
>Dragons are susceptible to mostly magic.

>>26445231
My idea for Psychic over poison is how a lot of people say overcoming sickness takes a lot of willpower and mental strength.
>>
>>26445083
Dark type in jap is "evil" and evil is the best thing for fighting ghosts
For psychics it's pretty obvious - what is better against some faggot using telekinesis and mind reading than foul tactics and deceiving?
>>
>>26445231

I just have this idea where you can't really deal with a glob of poison any other way; can't touch it, can't burn it (it'll just become smog), use water or anything else

Psychic power basically affects it without letting it affect anything else, rendering it useless since that's poison's whole thing

I suppose the ground weakness is basically "fuck off, I'm not dealing with this", opening and crack on the ground and sending it away. With so many poison/grass types it is probably not as bad om the environment.
>>
>>26445421
>what is better against some faggot using telekinesis and mind reading than foul tactics and deceiving?
Trying to trick someone who can read your mind is literally the most retarded strategy possible.
>>
>>26438438
>2 birds 1 stone
never thought of it that way holy shit mane
>>
>>26445947
>he cannot pretend about thinking one thing while secretly doing the other
plebs
>>
I am a literal super genius, I already from the young age of 3 since R/B/Y was out.
>>
>>26438438
>>Water falls into cracks in the ground then freezes
>Not just using permafrost as the example
>>
File: tumblr_moq7y5nUiJ1rg8h5ro1_500.jpg (186 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_moq7y5nUiJ1rg8h5ro1_500.jpg
186 KB, 500x346
>>26438324

Playing against other people
>>
>>26438324
By playing the games since I was little.
>>
>>26438438
>you can't punch a bird

fucking hel i kekd
>>
>>26445231
>>26445261
>>26445294
>>26445327
>>26445360
>>26445397
Keep in mind that psychic doesn't resist poison, it's neutral. So psychic types are just as vulnerable as normal types but can damage poison mons for some reason.
I kind of imagine it being a snake charmer scenario, since Ekans and seviper line. Also most poison types seem to be simple minded blobby things. Otherwise I have no fucking clue.
>>
>>26450603
Poison needed another weakness and psychic needed another strenght. What other options did they have?
>>
I always forget that ghost resists poison and rock is neutral to ice.
>>
>>26450907
Rock being neutral to ice is easy to remember as rock/ground has an ice weakness.
>>
>>26445231
I've justified it as the Psychic manipulates the toxins within the Poison-type to damage the host to a degree
>>
I only play monos.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.