[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so horribly wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14
File: maxresdefault.jpg (361 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
361 KB, 1920x1080
What went so horribly wrong?
>>
>>26427376
GF got lazy, the 3D was shit and poorly implemented, everything got spoiled and the franchise is old as sin.
>>
>>26427376
gen 6 was the worst in the series and if you disagree you are wrong

>brb no postgame aside from recatching legendaries you already have and 30 minute final sidequest
>brb kalos was boring and bland as fuck
>brb retarded story and laughably shitty villain team for x&y
>brb no battle frontier
>brb no online contests
>brb no gym rematches in oras

Fuck these meme games
>>
The scene at Rayquaza's tower where the camera slowly zooms in on the protag's soulless smiling face still chafes me.

Could you really not change their expression or use a different angle GF? It just killed the whole scene.
>>
It happened to be the latest gen, it'll pass like always.
>>
>>26427376
They pussyfied ORAS as much as possible, and X and Y is the easiest pokemon game to date

That being said the Delta episode was the best story in a pokemon game besides bw/bw2, and since ORAS are based off of actually good games it isn't as shit as X and Y.
>>
Are we gonna get this thread every few hours?
>>
>>26427376
You were born?
>>
We have another thread up already. If you keep making it it might trick people into thinking its a meme and they're actually good games someone is trying to drag through the mud.
>>
>>26428722
I know right these games are good
>>
>>26427376
>They dumbed it down like crazy, gym leaders locked at 3 pokes and elite four at 4 each
>4 rivalnand all of them fucking suck
>Serena/Calem has a shitty waifu/furfag-tier team of only 4 pokes
>Always "Ohhhh I guess you're just better than me anon, hahaha" when you beat them
>Exp share wouldn't have been bad if the game wasnt SO FUCKING EASY
>Still no adjustable difficulty setting
>Constantly being gifted Free Pokemon the entire game (Torchic, Kanto starter, Lucario, Lapras)
>Zero Postgame

And in ORAS:
>Worst region
>Dumbed the fuck down
>Convoluted, shitty plot
>Never explains mega evolution or anything, just hands you latias/latios amd a mega ring and goes "welp, fuck it, you know how this works, right?" (It's not a bad thing, it just blows all the importance of mega evolution out of the fucking water)
>Primal formes are retarded
>Worst region
>Copypaste battle Maison
>Still holds your fucking hand
>Worst region
>Worst region
>>
>>26427376
GF learned from their mistakes in Gen 5.
>>
>>26429351
No they didn't. Fuck you.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 399x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 399x464
Megaevolutions
>>
File: 1463778633825.jpg (12 KB, 209x51) Image search: [Google]
1463778633825.jpg
12 KB, 209x51
>>26429673
>>
File: 1458083018443.jpg (32 KB, 428x417) Image search: [Google]
1458083018443.jpg
32 KB, 428x417
>>26429689
He's right, though.
>>
>>26429713
He really isn't
>>
>>26428590
On a board that is dedicated to the topic of Pokemon? Yeah probably.
>>
File: Battle_Frontier.png (11 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Frontier.png
11 KB, 240x160
>>26427376
For competitive players.

The main reason is the Battle Frontier not being included in ORAS.
>>
>>26428551
Correct.
>>
>>26427376
Imo I feel x & y are excusesable for the first step into 3D.
ORAS... I have no idea other than the new features it brought about.
This has now (hopefully) laid the groundwork for Sun and Moon and even from the trailer we can see that it has been improved upon.
The previous iterations were enough to halt me from buying it for a few weeks at release though .
>>
File: Battle_Frontier_(1).png (11 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Frontier_(1).png
11 KB, 240x160
>>26427376
Competitive players hate ORAS because of the Battle Frontier wasn't included.
>>
What didn't go wrong?

>XY framerate drops
>XY feels unfinished in certain areas like Friend Safari and Power Plants
>The climate of Kalos is a mess with all 4 seasons at once
>Worst rivals
>Worst team
>Fairy type overlaps with Normal and Psychic
>No Gym Leader rematches in the whole gen (unless you count that mansion in XY)
>New Exp Share
>ORAS rushed out as a meme game with LESS features than the original Emerald (too many problems to even list here)
>No third version that usually fixes these kinds of problems

I could write a whole essay about what went wrong this gen.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 256x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 256x283
>>26429724
>>26429689
>liking digivolving in your pokemon games
>>
>>26427376
The fact your parents even met
>>
>>26427376

Even gens suck, odd gens are good
>>
File: 1463283374037.jpg (18 KB, 428x469) Image search: [Google]
1463283374037.jpg
18 KB, 428x469
>>26429851
>Not playing the Digimon video games
>>
>>26429889
Fuck yourself, the only truly good odd-gen games were FR/LG
>>
>>26427393

I don't even think it's laziness. Game Freak has seriously made nothing but Pokemon and one-off arcade-style games for decades now. I genuinely believe that they just don't know how to do any better. This was their first attempt at a fully 3D adventure, and it shows.
>>
Not enough new Pokémon introduced. No Battle Frontier.
>>
The camera.
>>
>>26429351
Gen 5 has no mistakes.
>>
>>26429911

Look at the original D/P games, their virtually unplayable because Game Freak couldn't make the switch from the GBA to the DS.
>>
>>26429965

Gen 6 came after it
>>
>>26430012
This.
>>
>>26427440
Nah dude the worst gen is 5 and if you disagree you're wrong
>>
>>26427440
No gym rematches was shit. It was the best thing in HGSS, best grinding tool since you had 16 different type to work with, and you're able to rematch them again right after beating them. Only downside was that you had to mess with the DS time clock.
>>
>>26427376

X and Y being too much like Gen 1

ORAS, nothing aside from the exact same few autists shitposting about a dead forced meme
>>
>>26429906

Said no one ever
>>
No postgame. That's literally all that's wrong.

See you tomorrow, anon or anon like you who will make this thread again.
>>
Only bad things i can remember from gen 5 was key and memory link gimmicks, XY were good and oras was poop remake.
>>
>copy pasted viridian forest map for the first area
>kalos was an extremely bland region in general
>too easy, even for a Pokémon game
>too many features stripped from previous gens for no discernable reason
>only ~70 new pokes and most of their designs suck

The only thing gen 6 had going for it was making it easier to breed pokes with good IVs
>>
>>26432232
>and most of their designs suck
Shit taste.
>>
>>26432216
>XY were poop and oras were good remakes.

FTFY
>>
I don't even remember XY that much. It was boring and bland. The Pokemon (not the megas though) were cool at least, but overall gen 6 was a massive disappointment. Also

>One of the most successful game devs ever
>Can't fucking optimize their game at all and have to disable 3D and ship out with framedrops everywhere
How is this acceptable? It should be running full 3D at 60 FPS. No excuse.
>>
XY was likely ruined by poor management of time, it had a long dev cycle, more than any game since Red and Green which is still the longest due to it being in funding hell and GF having no clue how to code an RPG, but more than half of XY's dev cycle was spent on creating assets for all the Pokemon and setting up animations for them and so on, leaving the rest of the game rushed with few optional or post-game areas, wonky pacing after the third gym, and a lot of things not as expanded on as they could be, mostly in writing.

ORAS was ruined pretty much entirely by trying to pander to the mobile generation by trimming down anything potentially "tedious" from the originals and maybe a tiny bit of being rushed, but not as much which can be seen through even simple things like every trainer actually having an overworld model that matches their portrait unlike XY. I also wouldn't be surprised if the new director underestimated the worth of third version content, as many people who play the games do, hence why third versions sell so much less than the originals.

Both are still alright games though, mostly due to improvements or additions to more core mechanics. The trainer AI is also actually better than before even if the actual team building for NPC's is a bit weaker.
>>
>>26427376
After to see how this generation turned out, I have lost my trust towards GF

Wouldn't be surprised that SM gets same handhold treatment
>>
>>26427376
It's a children's game
Stop playing that shit and you won't be disappointed. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>26432262
The models are pretty good for 3DS and the shaders used are actually pretty intensive for the system. The original 3DS is pretty shit hardware-wise, barely better than the PSP. Game Freak aren't the best coders in the first place either.

Speaking of 3D being disabled normally, there's a weird glitch with it in XY where if you enable it when using an HM in a dungeon, the screen from the last time you turned it off in one shows during the cut-in. How that happens, I have no clue.
>>
File: 2583030-triple_deluxe2.jpg (164 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
2583030-triple_deluxe2.jpg
164 KB, 400x240
>>26432343
>The models are pretty good for 3DS and the shaders used are actually pretty intensive for the system
And the game still looks bland. The textures are weak and everything looks faded. The models may look nice but you don't get to enjoy the benefits of a complex model on such a tiny screen. Having such complex models on a tiny resolution screen was a retarded idea. Also the animations are worse then the Stadium ones. Much worse.

>The original 3DS is pretty shit hardware-wise, barely better than the PSP
And yet HAL could get it to run Kirby Triple Deluxe in full 3D at 60 FPS, among other developers. And their game looks better too. Screenshot related looks more vibrant and cleaner then anything in X and Y. And Kirby is a 2D fast paced playformer, as opposed to Pokemon which is a slow turn based RPG.

And on top of all this, Game Freak, as confirmed by Nintendo in E3 2010(?) were among the first devs to get access to 3DS tech.

>Game Freak aren't the best coders in the first place either.
Then hire better ones, they aren't strapped for funds here.

>Speaking of 3D being disabled normally, there's a weird glitch with it in XY where if you enable it when using an HM in a dungeon, the screen from the last time you turned it off in one shows during the cut-in. How that happens, I have no clue.
You just said above why it happens.

Again, Game Freak has no excuse for the technical failings of XY/ORAS. And Sun/Moon no doubt.
>>
>>26432340
What are you doing on this board?
>>
>>26432386
Shitposting and saving people from themselves. I'm encouraging growth.
>>
File: dunsparce-tequila-210x226.jpg (15 KB, 210x226) Image search: [Google]
dunsparce-tequila-210x226.jpg
15 KB, 210x226
>>26432401
So just shitposting. I dont know why I expecting anything else.
>>
>>26429334
>>They dumbed it down like crazy, gym leaders locked at 3 pokes and elite four at 4 each
Done by BW first, retard.

>>4 rivalnand all of them fucking suck
You only have 1 rival, retard.

>>Always "Ohhhh I guess you're just better than me anon, hahaha" when you beat them
Still better than "you didn't beat me" Silver.

>>Constantly being gifted Free Pokemon the entire game (Torchic, Kanto starter, Lucario, Lapras)
Less than RBY or GSC. BW2 gives you A FUCKING GENESECT.
>rest of the post

GSC and HGSS are still much easier than any gen 6 game, and the easiest games overall. Platinum, in comparison...

>>26432371
>Also the animations are worse then the Stadium ones. Much worse
ebin
>>
>>26432371
I'm pretty sure Triple Deluxe doesn't run 60fps, it certainly didn't feel it unlike games I know do like Smash. And I haven't checked them side by side, but when I played Robobot it actually had noticable framedrops to sub-30fps on O3DS, and it felt the same as TD did when it wasn't dropping, so I assume both run 30fps. I'm not certain though, this is all gut talking. I also think it looks pretty shitty but I just hate the visual style used in Kirby since RtDL. I'd much rather have a stylized cel-shaded-esque look like Pokemon, even with the washed out colors.

I agree the animations are generally weaker than the Stadium games, though.
>>
>>26432408
No thanks necessary, the satisfaction of helping people move on is reward enough.
>>
File: 1463818362337.gif (4 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1463818362337.gif
4 MB, 320x320
>>26432417

>GSC and HGSS are still much easier than any Gen 6 game

Bullshit dude. I refuse to believe that you actually think this. Pokemon was always easy. In Gen 6 it was literally for babies. You have gimp yourself so hard to have even the slightest bit of resistance. You need to avoid item usage since you get free items every fifty steps it feels like, the levels and pokemon amounts are all lower in ORAS than they were in the original games, and you have to avoid using your Megas, which they practically hand out like candy.

I could really go on and on and on but you're just a shiteating Gen 6 apologist.
>>
>>26429778
>>26429823

I wanted the Battle Frontier because I'm *not* a competitive player.
I hate facing real players with their bullshit teams of Landorus and Garchomp and bad customisation choices.
The Battle Frontier has its gimmicks, but they give players like me - who are experienced but cba to breed and suck Smogon dick - something to return to the games for.
I'm 25 and have played since Yellow, I don't give a fuck about the legendaries or contests, I just wanted a challenge that I could face on my own, with an extra bit of added aesthetics and lore for immersion.

For fuck's sake.
>>
File: 1.png (9 KB, 421x419) Image search: [Google]
1.png
9 KB, 421x419
>>26432488

This. I want Battle Frontier and a fucking Challenge mode selectable from the start.

BW2's challenge mode was awesome but the hoops you have to jump through to get it make absolutely NO fucking sense.

Fuck Game Freak. Shit developer I swear to fucking god they fucking suck dick.
>>
having to model all those pokemon in 3D detracted from X/Y

OR/AS is a beta for S/M
>>
>>26432485
Levels in ORAS are mostly lower until you get Surf, after which they're generally higher. Random NPC trainers are occasionally higher pre-Surf and occasionally lower post-Surf, but mostly lower prior and higher after. The AI's a little better too in choosing moves that are actually super-effective in Gen VI rather than whatever it feels like in my experience, though they can still be retarded with using buffs or debuffs.

And not him, but I feel while the Gen VI games give you way more tools to break it over your knee usually through getting overleveled as fuck, it's still up to you whether you want to use those tools or not. Even with Megas, otherwise play like you would the past games, and they're about as easy.
>>
>>26432528
What were the hoops? I never got it.
Something like go online and do this bullshit thing after beating the elite 4?
>>
>>26432545

>it's still up to you whether to use those tools or not

Normally I'd agree with you, but with BW2 we saw that they half-give a shit with providing a challenge. They gave us a mode for it and then took it a away.

Game Freak can fuck themselves. Gen 6 is shit.
>>
File: symbole-episode-delta-pokemon.png (56 KB, 613x366) Image search: [Google]
symbole-episode-delta-pokemon.png
56 KB, 613x366
>>26429334
But the delta mission alone was sick as fuck
>>
>>26432545
>Exp share
I just don't get why they changed gen 5's system. It was perfect. It was near impossible to be overlevelled. I'm replaying BW2 now and Clay and Elesa shat on me several times.
>>
>>26432565
It was good a standalone quest, sure.
I think the problem is that it was GF's attempt at providing post-game content to excuse removal of other content and also to retcon the whole series with "WOOPS! GUESS WE'RE JUST IN A DIFFERENT UNIVERSE NOW XD" utter shit.
>>
>>26432545

Still doesn't justify it. They literally had one job. Copy/Paste Ruby and Sapphire, give us the content from Emerald, and give us more shit on top of that.

Where is the Challenge mode?
Why can't pokemon follow behind us?
Where the fuck is the Battle Tower?
Why the fuck do they give us all these megas and then no NPCs use them? What is the fucking point?

The list goes on and on and on. Gen 6 is awful and you're all just deluding yourselves into thinking it wasn't.

I can't believe I'm saying this but if Sun and Moon disappoint, I'm finally going to be dropping Pokemon for good. And im ok with that because there are plenty of other games I missed out on because I was being a sperg and spending thousands of hours playing Pokemon.

>>26432560

The hoops were beat elite 4, get key, trade with someone that has opposite key from opposite version, etc.
>>
>>26432563
Well, we'll have to disagree. I think it sucks they didn't bring Challenge Mode and whatever they called the easy one back and make them regular hotswappable options instead of locking them behind Level-5 style connecting versions, but I can live with it.

>>26432565
Delta Episode is the worst part of ORAS. The only good parts of it are you fight Wallace with his Emerald Champion team, and actually going into space with Mega Rayquaza and fighting Deoxys was some radical shit, but they spoiled that before release.

Otherwise the plot was fucktarded, the character it revolved around is literally the worst in the series, introduced even the mere idea of retarded multiverse shit, actual progression was fetch quest tier, and Sky Pillar was neutered, though to be fair Emerald did the same the first time you visit it so that you wouldn't be forced to swap bikes to progress with the plot.

>>26432575
I agree, I really liked that system, since it usually ensured that you're up to the current level and not overleveled. The one problem was it was a pain in the ass for post-game when you wanna get certain moves a Pokemon learns really late when everything gives you miniscule EXP at an eventual point. I dream Gen VII will bring back Gen VI's EXP Share but further flesh it out with more options, like individually selecting which Pokemon in your party EXP is distributed to or not by it, or allowing for scaling or non-scaling EXP.
>>
>>26432636

>but I can live with it

And you're part of why Game Freak gets away with this shit. GJ.

The shit eating masses and kids don't give a shit. I do and it sucks to see one of my favorite series get worse.
>>
>>26432657
Alrighty. I don't care about difficulty in Pokemon myself, but it's sad to hear people are dissatisfied with it. I hope that they'll be able to please everyone someday.
>>
>>26428551
>Delta episode
>good

go here,here,here,here,here,here,here,and here. Also here's a Mega Fug.
>>
>>26432718
Still better than visiting empty kanto where aside from beating the gym leaders there's nothing to do and the wild pokemon are 5-10 level.
>>
I think it mainly had two issues mainly, for what has been seen of SM it appears that Gen 6 were somewhat of transitional games, also they had the misfortune of coming after Gen 5, which set the bar higher.

>>26427440
The worst still is Gen 3.
>>
>>26432739
>nothing to do
>except for this massive thing to do
>>
>>26432763
massive thing? beating few more leaders that arent even challenging anymore?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.