[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Dream regions that will never happen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: 1463664110191.jpg (26 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
1463664110191.jpg
26 KB, 500x327
>Region based off prehistoric animals
>Prefessor Ginkgo whom revived all the species from fossils
>Giant fucking island with a few small islands around it.
>Giant island has a glacier on the Northeast region for ice age creatures
>Every native species are based off dinosaurs and other creatures
>Legendaries are based on a giant meteor and a super volcano
>Can't think of a name, but evil team is trying to awaken a legendary to bring about the second extinction of the fossil Pokémon
>Because "Nature didn't intend this, blah blah blah."

What do you think? What is your dream region?
>>
To add a bit:

>Arrive to region by helicopter
>Land by waterfall
>Jurassic park references up the ass
>Ginkgo looks like Hammond

Just needed an evil team name and a region name and that's it.
>>
Russia

>'Evi'l teams are vying for control over the League
>Evil Base is Stalingrad equivalent that's hard to get through and fight
>Other Evil Base is Moscow
>Team KGB and Team GRU equivalents
>Snow areas, Jungle areas, Taiga areas, etc.
>Meteors falling, spooky mountains and abandoned facilities
>Militaristic League and attitude
>Bears, Tiger, Seals, Whales, Antelope, Foxes, Dolphins, etc. for Pokemon
>Box Legendaries Samodiva (Woodland Fairy) and Ved (basically a Giant) and Dola Trio (spirits/fairies to embody human fate)
>>
File: 1459455103732.png (611 KB, 647x1981) Image search: [Google]
1459455103732.png
611 KB, 647x1981
>region based on Russia and Mongolia.
>divided into two parts.
>Russian half: densely populated, urban, majority of gyms are here.
>Mongolian half: rural, more spiritual. Think something like Johto.
>two halves connected by absolutely massive routes.
>biggest routes in the series, trainers are sparse, terrain is mountainous and snowy, with lots of forests
>legends based on Tengri and Slavic folklore.
>E4 is in the far eastern part of the region, deep into siberia.
>post-game area on the eastern coast, connected by another huge route and a train that let's you battle trainers in it like the ferry in Hoenn or the SS.Anne.

Basically I want all the best parts of Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh all in one.

>mfw I will never get this.
>>
>>26423606
>Evil team is a bunch of Communists
>>
>>26423745
Communists mass-producing Victini to dominate the world.
>>
>>26423358
A region with a Just Cause/renegade feel.

>Your character lives on a huge tropical Caribbean/Mediterranean-based island under strict authoritarian control by Evil Team who utilize the Legendary Pokemon to control the fear of the natives
>Legendary Pokemon is said to only be able to be used by the truest of hearts; dictator uses this idea for fear propaganda to justify his cause
>Instead of Gyms, for the first half of the game, player has to sabotage several military bases
>First half of game ends with player defeating the dictator and captures the legendary, now set free from the mind-controlling confines of the Evil Team
>Optional: Second half consists of player now able to beat the gyms and go against Elite Four
>Alternatively, the gyms are still military bases and Pokemon League is the base of the bad guys

>Player gets to use a glider/jet pack to fly over routes and uses a flying type to engage in air battles with Evil Team?
>Player can also go to Kalos region post-game?
>>
File: basedregion.png (53 KB, 499x664) Image search: [Google]
basedregion.png
53 KB, 499x664
>Based on Tohoku
>The chunk of land between Kanto/Johto and Sinnoh
>Canon location of the Sinjoh Ruins
>Cool ecosystem, lots of interesting feudal culture, interesting natural phenomena like Snow Monsters, old castles and shit, rice fields
>Quite similar to Hokkaido, another Sinnoh-esque region would be based as shit
>Plotlines based on the aftermath of the 2011 earthquake
Actually, "will never happen" probably isn't strictly true, I think it's pretty likely we will get this at some point... just not any time soon
>>
Not a region per say, but an idea for the league/Evil orginization

Have a story line of dueling Leagues One league may be trying to become the new standard in the region/ streamline to become like other leagues

depending on which league you have the most badges of by a certain point dictates which other league becomes the "Evil Team" but not necessarily "Evil" just not in the right anymore. So the Champion of the Losing League uses the Box Legendary to try to get back on top.

Also I'd love more stuff like the mirage tower in RSE and the Desert Resort in BW, old civilization kind of stuff
>>
Southeastern US, especially Florida

>Everglades, ride round on an airboat before you get Surf
>North of that you get shitloads of farms and swampland up to Georgia, which is mostly savannahs and is surprisingly tropical looking since you get palm trees there too
>Westward goes through Alabama (deep forests and fields) and Mississippi (farmland and some long routes) all the way to New Orleans.
>In the north you get Appalachian Mountain (huge, green, deeply forested) and Smoky Mountains (Doesn't have any volcanoes IRL but this is pokemon, so the Smokies are volcanic now)
>Elite 4 lives in Orlando, FL in a massive theme park.
>Local team is the KKK, except they wear red and black instead of all white. Specialize in Dark, Grass and Fire types, but they use Ghosts too.
>Enemy trainers unique to this region could be fat guys on rascal scooters, anachronistic black sharecroppers, and Hillbillies. Ruin Maniacs wear coonskin caps and want to find either Civil War battlefields or pioneer trails.

You get a wide array of landscapes to travel, meet interesting people, and catch some cool monsters. Would be a great region.
>>
>>26423958
So, just Florida. The Southeastern United States is a lot more than just Florida. Want to see a region centered around the based Carolinas.
>>
>>26423946
Also it could be an easy way to give a difficulty setting without actually having you press something at the beginning of the game.

One league is 5 levels higher than the other, and uses more pokemon. If you have more of their badges by the fourth gyms your game will automatically adjust to the harder difficulty like BW challenge mode

And if you take the easier gyms your game will be like XYORAS

and if you take on both challenges equally your game will adjust to be about as difficult as RSE or DPPt
>>
>>26423975
>Trainer Customization
>Make your trainer a tomboy/girl and/or not white
>Aren't allowed to compete in Pokemon Battles or the League

It'd get a good laugh out of me.
>>
>>26423358
Some of my friends and I brainstormed what some other interesting ancient Pokemon would be, I can share some of the pics if you'd like. Unfortunately don't have any for the starters but I can at least say what they would have been.

Fire:
Searophis (Coelophysis) -> Diloflare (J. Park Dilo, gains poison type, frill is smoke) -> Salvosaur (J. Park Spinosaurus, entire sail is black volcanic smoke)

Grass
Never came up with a good name for the stage 1 grass -> Prassiclat (Plateosaurus) -> Braquoia (Brachiosaur, gains rock type, covered in thick bark)

Water
Never came up with a good name for the stage 1 water -> Rhomaquas (Rhomaleosaurus) -> Plurodox (Liopleurodon ferox, not sure if it would gain another type)
>>
>Region based off the British isles
>Unpredictable weather - raining heavily, then sunny, then snowy
>Rugged, hilly, rural, sparesely populated Scotland to the north filled with myths and folklore
>Densely populated, industrial England to the south
>Another island of Ireland full of mists and Fairy mons based on Celtic legends
>Stonehenge area with glowing rocks and ghost mons
>Sandy Dorset Coast area
>Steampunk London-based city with Buckingham Palace and Big Ben

If only...
>>
>>26423975
Aside from the first and last point it isn't that different from SC.
t. SC
Would love a full blown marshland part of the region.
>>
>>26424074
>Not a fire T. Rex starter

>"But we have a T. Rex Pokemon"

We have several cat and dog Pokémon. So why not one more T. Rex?

Aside from that your starter ideas are flawless.

Also, please share your pics, it sounds really awesome
>>
File: IMAG0030.jpg (925 KB, 3264x1952) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0030.jpg
925 KB, 3264x1952
>>26424172
I wanted the spinosaurus because of the volcanic ash shtick. Gotta get ready for work soon but I can post some of them.

First up is Nogire, the ghost type. Noggin + ire, in case you didn't get it.
>>
File: IMAG0031.jpg (989 KB, 3264x1952) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0031.jpg
989 KB, 3264x1952
>>26424172
>>26424524
Forgot to mention one of the legendaries was going to be a Rex, Tyranova.

Now Nogire's 1st evolution, Choldaver. Choler + Cadaver.
>>
>>26424524
Awesome
>>
File: IMAG0032.jpg (1 MB, 1952x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0032.jpg
1 MB, 1952x3264
>>26424535
And Nogire's final evo, Vitrossil. Vitriol + Fossil. These were done before gen 6, so replace the standard rex skull with a Tyrantrum, the triceratops with a Bastiodon. The pterosaur is fine as the early game 'bird' was going to be a pterosaur. Ability would have been something like Aegislash's, depending on which head was 'dominant' stats would shift a little.
>>
>>26424082
>Start at bottom of British isles
>League is at the peak of a mountain in Scotland
>Loch Ness monster pseudo
>North Ireland is visited half-way through the game, but Republic Of Ireland is a post-game area
>Wales is full of Mareep
I could dig it
>>
File: IMAG0037.jpg (887 KB, 3264x1952) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0037.jpg
887 KB, 3264x1952
>>26424559
I'll do one more. Middle is 1st stage, Acreft (Water). Left is 2nd stage, Ardenewt (Water/Fire). Right is 3rd stage, Aquamander (Water/Fire)
>>
File: IMAG0041.jpg (868 KB, 1952x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0041.jpg
868 KB, 1952x3264
>>26424572
Neglected to mention the Nogire line is ghost/rock with levitate. And one actual last one. Ungabunga, rock/fighting. Females have lipstick and a fur-kini but otherwise look the same.
>>
>>26424707
Dude.

I would totally train Ungabunga
>>
>>26424707
>>26424559
>>26424535
>>26424524
>>26424572
~Hey guise look at my Pokeman ideas!~

You draw like a fucking fourteen year old who scribbles in notebooks. Fuck off. Learn to draw before you present your cringy drawing to people, you fucking under aged sperg.
>>
>>26424707
>>26424572
>>26424559
>>26424524
this why we cant have good fossilmon threads
>>
>>26425030
>>26425151
I didn't draw them, a friend did. I know I can't draw. They're rough sketches. If you don't like them, I don't really care, but you could actually give criticism other than 'hurr durr bad drawings'.
>>
>>26424082
I want a bagpipe pokemon!!
>>
>>26425422
>but you could actually give criticism other than 'hurr durr bad drawings'.
git gud
>>
>>26423975
yaaaaass carolinas

nc esp. has everything really. mountains in the est, beaches to the east, foothills and plains in the middle. there's plenty of wooded areas and a shitton of swampland around where i live just not everglades-y more squatch-y. other than that we have the big central cities that would fit in with the newer games.

nc honestly has everything the southeast guy wants except the everglades and disneyland, hicks included
>>
>>26425422
>not me a friend

how do you even have friends with that shit excuse
>>
>>26423358
Before ORAS came out I was expecting a mini region that would have been the Hoenn equivalent to the Sevii Islands. In case you're wondering where that retarded idea came from it was the strange souvenir in XY.
>>
I'd love a Germany/Netherlands/Austria region
>>
>>26423358
>region based off greece
>classical greece not turk greece
>gym leaders are based off mythic figures
>>
File: Pokemon Flesh-Metal.png (214 KB, 1400x1507) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Flesh-Metal.png
214 KB, 1400x1507
>>26423358
Me and possibly one or two anons brainstormed this idea in the middle of an unrelated thread.

Region based on Technology and Biology.
>>
>>26423358
you just described fossil fighters without the alien waifu
>>
>>26423358
>Whole region is the theme park version of Africa
>Shauna cameo battle in the northern part, post-game.
>>
>>26429913
>Africa
No thanks.
>>
>manmade resort region
>instead of cities/towns/gyms you go to "stations" which are essentially winding dungeons with a boss in the end
>from the get go, you have three stations to explore
>beat two stations and you unlock a tournament
>every tournament you beat unlocks X+1 more stations; you need to only beat two new stations to unlock the next tournament, but you'll have a hell of a lot of options
>this continues until you've beaten 8 tournaments
>E4 is a single linear dungeon because go fuck yourself
>E4 teams are centered around an abstract concept instead of a type; something not completely arbitrary, but not something you could steamroll with one mon
>post game is a couple of dungeons dedicated to battling/catching legendaries

>the hub gets bigger as you beat more stations
>you can only catch pokemon from a station you've already beat
>you don't gain experience in tournament battles
>you'll have the typical grassy/desert/beach type areas, but you'll also have artificial caves, landfills, buildings under construction, etc allowing for varied mon selection without seeming contrived for the sake of variety
>sidequests would consist of re-exploring past stations; under a handicap, to beat/catch a specific pokemon, etc
>there are recurring antagonists and an underlying big bad, but the story doesn't have a literal "evil team"

>Legend A is a sleek "New God" mon
>Legend B is a primitive "Old God" mon
>Legend C is a twisted "Fallen God" mon
>the Old God favors pokemon over humans, giving them raw power to harm man easily
>the Old God has five Disciple mons; one befriends humankind; becomes the New God and gives humans the charisma to command pokemon
>OG's other Disciple tries to assassinate NG for his betrayal
>the disciple is banished as OG respects NG despite his different beliefs
>Banished Disciple manipulates humans & pokemon alike to get revenge; eventually becoming a Fallen God
>the remaining disciples join a side; OG gets two Disciples and NG gets one
>>
>>26423358
Long thought this would be great, though with time portals that bring mons from different eras to certain routes
>ice age warp for mammals and ice types
>cambrian warp for invertebrates
>of course a dinosaur region
>current fossil mons running around in their original forms without rock type and are considered distinct pokemon
>ancestors of modern pokemon
>>
>>26423358
Did you just describe Jurassic Park?
>>
>Straya region
>start where Albany is
>first gym in Perth
>small towns dot the routes on the long trek between gym towns
>3 Evil teams: Aboriginals, Tony Abbot, and Emus
>Emu team is not taken seriously, and is just a minor annoyance
>Legendaries are on Ayers Rock or in Lake Disappointment
>E4 in Tasmania
>Post Game in New Zealand
>Great Barrier reef has a HUGE amount of new fish, shark, octopus, sawshark, etc pokemon
List of Pokemon that I've currently thought of
>Dark/Bug Sydney Funnel Web Spider
>Water/Poison Blue Ringed Octopus
>Water Cuttlefish
>Water/Poison Platypus Starter
>Grass/Fighting Kangaroo Starter
>Fire Dingo Starter
>Fighting/Flying Wedge Tail Eagle
>Normal Rabbit that is basically the regions Zubat, but it's everywhere
>Poison Cane Toad
>Ground/Water Wobbegong Shark
>new Prevo for Doduo that has one head available in postgame
>Trio Master (?)( it could just be a fossil mon, i guess) Rock/Dragon Tuatara
>Rock/??? Tasmanian Tiger fossil mon, with Boomerangs
>Fighting/Flying Cassowarie
>Normal/Flying Emu, high BST, butwith an ability like Truant, but instead it picks a random attack every other turn
>Flying/Dark Magpie
>Poison Taipan
>Normal/Dark Drop Bear
>Water/Steel Sea Turtle
>Water/Dark Eel
>Water Goliath Grouper
>Normal Echidna
>Water/Dragon Saltwater Crocodile Pseudolegend
>Flying/??? Kookaburra
>Fighting/Dark Tasmanian Devil
May add to this later
>>
> Region based on Africa
> Gym leaders be challenged in any order
> all of their pokemons are set to be the same level as your second strongest pokemon
> 4 new types: Crystal (think Crystal Onix), Sound (think Exploud or Pyroar), Cosmic (Clefairy/Lunatune) and Chemical (New pokemons)
> Pokemon can learn up to 16 moves
> 3 really competitive rivals each of which have one of each starter and teams based on different strategies
> only 3 HMs Surf, Rock Smash and Fly
> trees can be cut by slashing moves or moves like vine whip, air cutter, etc
>>
Pokemon dam and mills
>Netherlands
>8 gyms represent the culture of the city
Leeuwarden: ice gym
Limburg: Rock gym
Assen: Grass gym
Rotterdam: Water gym
Schiermonnikoog: Fire gym (cuz island)
Amsterdam: Dark gym
Groningen: Psychic gym
Twente: Poison gym
>Pokemon are based on Dutch culture
>League is in Amsterdam Arena
>Champion is a DJ
>>
>>26423358
Holy fuck
GF needs to see this
>>
>>26431920
>Pokemon Africa
>Get kidnapped by Kony
>>
>>26428942
Replace Disneyland with Myrtle Beach, just move the Everglades to South Carolina.
>>
A region based on the Amazon river basin. Just imagine all that variety.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.