[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hldg/ - Hyper Light Drifter General #4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 43
Because all that work on the pastebin and maps can't be for nothing.

>All the info you could ever need, free of storyspoilers.
http://pastebin.com/3Ytxmw5R

>Maps
http://imgur.com/a/ybMHO

>Guide to stone monoliths
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=658027445

>Gear
http://i.imgur.com/GenW43z.png
>>
File: HLD sets.png (64 KB, 574x450) Image search: [Google]
HLD sets.png
64 KB, 574x450
>>
>>137869439
Still cant figure out what the green blue set does.
>>
File: HLD_East_Map_2.0D2.png (542 KB, 1442x1236) Image search: [Google]
HLD_East_Map_2.0D2.png
542 KB, 1442x1236
>>137868139
I'm still working on those maps.

This look readable / understandable to you? I had to separate the underground and overworld since it was getting insanely cluttered.

>>137873158
I was just about to ask if anyone had any new ideas.

Oh well, at least the new beta patch apparently makes Hoarder work, so I'm goin through and making sure I have all the gearbit locations right and seeing if I can't get that achievement. Then I can be satisfied my map autism is complete.
>>
File: tumblr_nnozy428651slr6aoo1_1280.jpg (432 KB, 1160x1512) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnozy428651slr6aoo1_1280.jpg
432 KB, 1160x1512
>>137873343

Noice. It could use a legend though you probably had that planned.
Are the blue/cyan lines the boundaries for where you can actually be?
>>
>>137874937
Yeah, overworld boundaries drawn like the underground ones. It wasn't really planned but the colors I chose are actually just the underground ones inverted.

And yeah I was planning to do a legend, wanted to make sure I had everything located first. Maybe redo how I list some stuff, since the gearbits don't really stand out.
>>
File: hyperlight_by_mr__jack-d6o2fdj.jpg (237 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
hyperlight_by_mr__jack-d6o2fdj.jpg
237 KB, 1280x800
You do good work, I am thankful anyway.

You hould probably move the pink triangle from the fake room with the robot droid boss onto the actual room with the eyeball jars. Last general had a few people asking about that. What most don't get is that you have to enter the room from the east, via a whole different elevator.

HLDG seems to have died hard though.
>>
File: tumblr_nnozwur9aj1slr6aoo3_540.gif (1 MB, 516x353) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnozwur9aj1slr6aoo3_540.gif
1 MB, 516x353
>>137876206
Yeah I'm pretty split on the module placement. On the one hand I'd like to put them where they actually are, on the other it'd be a different kind of confusing for people if I did, since then it would conflict with the in game display, since that is the only thing the game actually marks on your map.

And yeah we're all dead as hell, but that's okay, that's the kind of general that doesn't suck.

This gif is from almost a year ago when the plasma pistol might've been useful. How sad.
>>
File: HLD.png (505 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HLD.png
505 KB, 1920x1080
>>
You guys sure the blue/green cape doesn't increase the chain dash window? Haven't poked around these generals very long but I recall seeing someone in a previous thread say that wasn't it. So far it's the only thing I've seen people say that it is/might be.
>>
>>137880438
Yeah, I mean, feel free to test this stuff out yourself, but the initial chain dash window is .45s to .25s, the 4-5 step, which it stays at for all steps after, is .20s to .30s. This does not change at all when using the green/blue set. I spent a while making damn sure of that.

However, there are a few steam guides that people are probably viewing as proof, so nobody seems to be trying to figure out what the thing actually does. Honestly it's probably a placebo effect from having to git gud at chain dashing just to get the green/blue set that makes people think it makes the window more lenient.
>>
>>137880759
Fair enough. I figured that the testing was being done with something that the timing of the button presses could be set and adjusted.

I'd try to help out, but so far I've only collected the pink and orange sets. Found the white one but don't have the keys to get to it.
>>
LIFE
>>
>>137876558
Jesus Christ, why the hell did they change it? I can't even tell what the hell that gun is supposed to do now.
>>137873343
You're doing the lords work anon.
>>
this game is really freaking good as is. Just finished New game +

imagine if it had the cut content too
>>
>>137885814
I'm hoping that they rework some of what they cut and release it as challenge maps or something, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>137880438
I was thinking the same thing because it seemed like I was able to accelerate my chain dashing (making loops around the center in the test room is fucking hard), but then I tried it without it on and I noticed the same effect... then I thought it might be reducing the follow-through animation time on attacks, dashes, etc, because it felt like I was able to do better last second dodges and attacks, but I'm pretty sure that's also just increased familiarity with the game

also holy fuck ded gen, maybe it's for the best because I don't see people claiming shit like
>EAST BOSS BEST GIRL AND YOU'RE WAIFU A SHIT
>>
>>137880438
Its a secret to everyone
>>
File: 1459440345440.jpg (146 KB, 494x640) Image search: [Google]
1459440345440.jpg
146 KB, 494x640
I'm on the fence about buying this.

On one hand it looks really neat, but on the other it's a 20$ indie game on Steam.

Also Dark Souls 3 is coming out in a week.
>>
>>137896081
Porque no las dos?
>>
>>137896081
just grab a gog copy, buy it if you like it and/or it goes on sale - it's a great game but I understand that position
>>
So I've sunk about 3-4 hours into this game, and had a ton of fun, but I'm not really progressing at all. I search everywhere for secret passages and money and shit but I haven't fought a single boss and every route I take seems to just end with no way of continuing. I feel super lost. Any tips? I love this game already but would like some small guidance on what everything is
>>
>>137904728
pick a direction, there's gonna be a boss in every one - you should be able to proceed with patience and curiosity when going east, north, or west, but south will have to come later

which way do you want to go?
>>
>>137904728
I find bosses usually are at the end of a 3-piece door. That's the case for both the North and East bosses - if you follow their respective 3-piece doors to the end you'll find the boss door.
>>
>>137906093
Went West first, then hit a wall. Now I've traveled North and made my way to the top of the mountain and haven't been able to get the boss doors open
>>
What do I use to upgrade abilities?
>>
>>137908106
The gold chips you find around the world. 4 of them make one.... Coin? I guess that analogy works
>>
>cool, chain dashing looks useful
>whoa, just need to get the hang of the timing
>...
>can't chain-dash when using kb+m
>can't use it when approaching bottomless pits as the change of direction can literally kill me
>can't use it combat because you actually want to be able to stab a nigga and a normal dodge will suffice
>>
How long is the game on average? Pretty short?
>>
>>137907242
I found West to be pretty fun - show us the wall you hit, and have you encountered someone who showed you something on the map?
>>
>>137909185
It's a little finicky, but I did get a lot of use out of it on later bosses with an Xbone controller. The biggest downsides are probably falling off platforms or crashing into something in combat.
>>
>>137909185
>Try to chain dash for screen transition
>Cursor one pixel to the left, so end up doing a 180 dash for the last one
>>
>>137909326
I've heard anywhere from 6 to 12 hours, it really depends how long you spent digging around for secrets.
>>
>>137869439
>>137873158
considering where you get it, could it have something to do with dash i-frames?
>>
>>137868139
Enjoying this game thus far, very souls-like overall and I feel like I can get lost and immersed into the world. Although the colors and fast paced character makes it hard to keep track of my character but I guess I'll git gud eventually.

I've been going in blind thus far and I have hit a wall after my second triangle in the north and east area. Are all triangles accessed by 4 routes from the overworld or do I have to dig deeper underground? I feel like I can get to 2 triangles by going underground via two routes but I don't know if there's a fork road underground that leads me to the other two.
>>
>>137918217
>do I have to dig deeper underground

yes, some are well hidden above and below ground
>>
Does the game end once I've beaten the last boss? Or can I continue hunting down the monoliths and junk even after the boss?
>>
>>137893775
That's an interesting idea that I might be able to test, as post-action dash frames are limited in some ways.

>>137896081
If you're into the sort of game it'd definitely keep you occupied till DS3 came out. Despite my autism and the 79 hours I've put into it already, I'd agree with >>137903512 on it, try it out, buy it if you feel it's worth the money, or wait for a nice sale. I can't say it's universally worth $20 for everyone.

>>137912409
Tested this too, unfortunately not. Or the i-frames it adds are so absurdly tiny I couldn't tell they were there.

>>137918217
Underground is a huge part of the game, the majority of modules are down there.

>>137920504
You can load your file after beating the boss and continue doing whatever.
>>
DEATH
>>
>>137923510
TO
>>
>>137924669
SLOW
>>
File: 20160407045531_1.jpg (133 KB, 1434x804) Image search: [Google]
20160407045531_1.jpg
133 KB, 1434x804
>>137868139
>bones
Are the Companion Sprites organic creatures?
>>
>>137928282
Alt Drifter's sprite just floats by him forever without succumbing to hunger or anything, so I doubt it.
>>
>>137928282
Dunno, the only dead drifter you find with a drone nearby is the Pink Drifter, who you see die. Their drone just hangs out by the body forever. None of the other corpses have a drone nearby that I recall.

There's not really enough pixels to tell much, but it looks like the teal part of your drone just goes colorless, while the bottom red part stays the same. Teal is the default color's sword, so it could just be robot energy or something making that part the color it is.
>>
So, is the opening cinematic an ultimatum established by the Anubis? The Heart Machine locked below is supposedly a sentient AI, created by the mortal races in ancient time to attain the power of the gods, and subsequent immortality to follow. Is it that unless a powerful warrior can end their eternal stalemate, that the Anubis would have to resort to exerting its own powers to destroy the Heart Machine, which would also lead to the destruction of the mortal races? Is that reflected in the closing scene?
>>
>>137928512
Well, Pink Drifter is only recently deceased in the game. In that screenshot, it looks like you've been dead for quite some time.

>>137928630
That works.
>>
>>137928630
The others must have a droid nearby, how else would you get them when you loot their bodies?
>>
>>137896081
>but on the other it's a 20$ indie game
It is within the acceptable parameters
>>
I've tried using a script after trying it natural and only getting to like 100, but around 80 I spin out and the chain resets. Any fix for this? Anyone else have this problem?
>>
File: hld_north_ruins.png (227 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
hld_north_ruins.png
227 KB, 960x540
>>137928647
That's a reasonable explanation, since the ending cutscene shows the same waterscape, but with more hopeful colors and a notable lack of corpse piles, and the blood from the drifter doesn't immediately turn into horror monster. Could be Anubis showing you that you succeeded rather than a real scene your drifter sees, considering your drifter dies slumped against the totem under the city.

I'm curious about the underground of the regions. The West has an underground that you never really get to explore that looks like a green version of the central underground city. Whereas the North only has what looks like some basic ruins under it - and I don't think the East has anything but the labs you traverse.

I can't recall immediately if the South has the underground city below it.

>>137928909
That's actually why I have the screenshots of the corpses I found the color sets on in >>137869439 - their sprites don't change when you loot them, with the exception of the pink drifter. The only one who looks like they have something resembling a drone is the white, which doesn't match the drone you acquire from them.
>>
>>137928996
Try changing the clicks per second.
>>
>>137928996
The standard AHK script that was posted around kept doing this for me so I lowered the delay between keypresses. This worked perfect for me:

;Open HLD, set it to Windowed mode, set the controls to keyboard/mouse then run this script
;Focus on the HLD window, position the mouse so it's over one of the stamina pads in the dash challenge room, then press WinKey+Shift+X to start
;It will send Space 3000 times with the exact delay between each of them to keep up the proper dash
;To stop the script, you have to right-click it in the system tray and Exit from there, otherwise it'll keep sending Space

#+X::
SetKeyDelay, 125, 140
Send {SPACE 3000}
Return
>>
>>137929069
From what I gather, the Southern Area's underground is nothing but the Heart Machine's labs. The translated monolith texts read

>OVERWHELMING WONDERS AND POWER
>DESPERATE HUNGER FOR PROGRESS
>DISTORTION OF LIFE, DEVOURING BODY
>THE FIRST VICTIM OF THE INVASION

So I gather that a lot of the scientific advancements happened here. When the war started, they were the easiest target on account of the fact that they were in the closest proximity to the Heart Machine at the time. What you see underground is more than likely what these people called civilization, the lizard people just being squatters that set up shop on the overworld after all the shit was fully flung off of the fan
>>
>>137929431
Yeah most of the underground in the South is scaffolding, or construction looking stuff.

Also due to the skeletons on display there, and the abundance of test tubes, I think they may have created most of the animal species, or at least cloned them.

What interests me most about the West is that their underground is the only one that very closely resembles the Central underground where the Cell is. They just have green instead of black and purple.
>>
>>137929738
Maybe they had a direct hand in the creation of the central underground? The central area is supposed to be a melting pot for all of the mortal races, and they all supposedly had a hand in creating the Heart Machine. It could be that the tanuki built the place central underground.
>>
>>137930110
Yeah, maybe some sort of science-techno-mysticism from the north (the pink energy source itself comes to mind since the birds are the only ones who can seemingly conjure the shit), biological engineering from the east, straight architecture from the West, and the South was just a building ground for all their technology shit?
>>
>>137930634
I was thinking that the pink energy source came from the east. I noticed more volatile containers and pink in general from the east than any other area in the game, but I could just be remembering things wrong.
>>
>>137930791
Oh absolutely, they have a ton of it sitting around, all their light sources seem to use it, the frogs throw containers of it at you, etc etc.

I just think the bird folk actually understood the stuff much better, there isn't a bunch of spare containers of it uselessly sitting around, the birdmen themselves seem to be able to channel it, and they have shitloads of literature, and they have more of a written history than the other areas.
>>
>>137930932
Maybe they conceived the idea to harness it in the first place, and the ferrets were the ones to actually do it? The toads take over the process when they take over the east, being that they see destructive potential in using it.
>>
>>137931565
Like, the bird men have shown to be the most religious of the mortal races. You have a church in the east, but nothing to really speak of in any other region of the game. Maybe they worshiped the Anubis, and conceived a way to draw upon its power (being the pink energy source itself)? Pure speculation there.
>>
File: hld_underground_south.png (140 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
hld_underground_south.png
140 KB, 960x540
>>137930932
To expand on this, I don't think the otters or the frogs are particularly well versed in the usage of the pink stuff, which I'm just gonna go along with the most convincing lore explanation I found and call it Hyper Light. Looking around the east, they seem to primarily be a pretty simplistic religious temple city above water, and some fairly rudimentary labs under the surface, with old machinery that doesn't function with Hyper Light installed. Where Hyper Light *is* used in the East is for extremely rudimentary purposes, almost like coal. Light sources, fuel sources, throwing at people. If the otters were well versed with its use like the North people, would they have been so easily wrecked by the frogs? I mean, the only reasonable explanation is that their religion was purely pacifistic, as the only otters we see ready for combat are either Drifters, or reside in the Central town (combat coach). There's no sign of them even fighting back against the frogs, the only frog corpses we see (outside of our own doing) is clearly done by other Drifters.

Also posting that image I forgot with >>137930634 showing the scaffolding.

>>137931680
This was my take on it, they have the only real 'spiritual' link to the Hyper Light, but are so profoundly religious that they don't use it for anything else, and the other races took the discovery and advanced it technologically.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-07_14.27_41.jpg (385 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-07_14.27_41.jpg
385 KB, 960x540
Is there anything on that small ledge to the left, or does it exist just to confuse me?
>>
>>137932698
There's a gearbit over there, go north a bit and detect a hidden bridge to the left.
>>
>>137932738
Found it, thanks.
>>
>>137932698
>Get item sets that make the game play easier
>Don't use them because their companion sprites look ugly as shit
Did anyone else do this?
>>
>>137932995
You don't need to equip everything. One item gives the same bonus as the whole set.
>>
>>137932995
You know you only have to use one piece from a color set to get its effect right?
>>
File: TheDawnIsYourEnemy_1600x1200.jpg (488 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
TheDawnIsYourEnemy_1600x1200.jpg
488 KB, 1600x1200
>>137933037
>>137933052
I am a fool
>>
File: hld_south_skeletons2.png (226 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
hld_south_skeletons2.png
226 KB, 960x540
So, I definitely have the feeling the South was the origin of the blue people, who became the most well versed with the use of Hyper Light. Most of the skeletons of what look like workers/researchers are humanoid, and the blue people are the only straight up humanoid race. Also interesting is that they seem to experiment on each other as seen here, with multiple tables to strap down humanoids and do shit to them.

There's also a bird corpse strapped down later, maybe figuring out how they use Hyper Light the way they do.
>>
File: HLD_South_Goblins.png (136 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
HLD_South_Goblins.png
136 KB, 960x540
>>137933771
Then there are these tubes, which show that the goblins we run into all over the place are probably just blue men experimented on with Hyper Light. The large troll guys or big orks are probably just continuations down that path.
>>
>>137933914
Dirks (the goblin people) are probably degenerated versions of the blue people, designed with stronger bodies for combat-oriented roles while being a bit weaker in the head, so to speak. The full game doesn't really let them shine like they did in the demo, where you could also encounter Dirk Commanders with lesser Dirks to bolster their ranks. In the current version of the game, you can only fight them in challenge areas -- and they are quite challenging to deal with.
>>
File: HLD_West_Underground.png (104 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
HLD_West_Underground.png
104 KB, 960x540
>>137934221
Yeah Dirk Commanders with their damn miniguns are an actual challenge. Kinda wish they would've been in those main areas.

Also finally got around to grabbing a screenshot of the West underground to show what I meant with the comparison to the Central. It seems like the raccoons in the West were definitely the most advanced of the non-Blue races, they have guns, a method of energy/destruction that isn't Hyper Light, and managed to directly fight off a blue man + Titan invasion by themselves, even if it ended up accidentally crystallizing the whole area.

Which I guess begs the question of how the East managed. The Titan in the East appears to have had its heart blown out by something.
>>
>>137934547
Considering how the ferret/otter people are fucking stupid? They probably just made a huge bomb out of the pink stuff and threw it at the Titan.
>>
>>137934734
Yeah it probably just tripped into a lake and a bunch of otters jihad'd it. I did mention earlier the possibility that the otters' religion is pacifist. Maybe it's a true religion of peace
>>
File: ShofixtiComm.png (16 KB, 243x107) Image search: [Google]
ShofixtiComm.png
16 KB, 243x107
>>137934869
Hey, the vietrats proved that explosions end wars.
>>
filthy piratefag reporting in, has the latest patch hit GOG yet?
>>
>>137934547
the dirk speak versions of menu operation are pretty silly as well
>>
>>137934221
>>137934547

The big guy dirks are in the main areas.
They show up behind the 8 triangle door in South, you have to fight them to get the better railgun.
>>
File: HLD_Central_Corpses.png (164 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
HLD_Central_Corpses.png
164 KB, 960x540
>>137936231
Honestly anything that's not really necessary to finish I don't consider part of the 'main game' as it were. They only show up if you're being a completionist, essentially.

Also I'm having trouble identifying all the skeletons in this image. I can see what I think is a humanoid in the middle on the left, and definitely a raccoon on the top right, but the other three are eluding me.
>>
>>137868139

When's the fucking Vita release?
>>
>>137873158
If the wikia is to be believed then it makes it easier to perform chain dashes, so it probably reduces the frames of "cooldown" of dashes
>>
>>137937835
And this shit is why nobody is looking for what it actually does.
>>
File: airdashing.gif (1 MB, 280x147) Image search: [Google]
airdashing.gif
1 MB, 280x147
>>137937923
If it returns chaindashing to the same level as it was in the demo, it might be possible to execute mid-air chaindashes. It's something I've been wanting to test.
>>
>>137938057
It doesn't is the thing, a few days and a couple threads ago I tested this pretty thoroughly. The initial chain dash step has a input window of .25s to .45s. The max speed you reach (after 4 dashes) has an input buffer of .2s to .3s, this does not change with green/blue equipped.

The things I've been meaning to test that I haven't gotten around to yet (busy with maps) are:
post-action dash windows
activation range of projectile shield
throw range of bomb
>>
File: ForReal.webm (505 KB, 586x326) Image search: [Google]
ForReal.webm
505 KB, 586x326
>>137938057
>it might be possible to execute mid-air chaindashes

Much more possible than you know.
>>
>>137938316
This apparently still works post-patch, according to the patch notes. The dash-sit bugs with ledges and crystals apparently got fixed though. I don't know if they mentioned the barriers pushing you into walls bug.
>>
>>137938231
Maybe it doesn't effect the drifter's abilities at all and does something superfluous.

I mean, we already know one of the set just has the effect of always causing enemies to die with their 2nd death animations
>>
File: 1460034607529.jpg (45 KB, 387x356) Image search: [Google]
1460034607529.jpg
45 KB, 387x356
>>137938316
>damage boosting
god damn it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei8pxy8x-N0
>>
File: DamageBoosting.gif (1 MB, 322x241) Image search: [Google]
DamageBoosting.gif
1 MB, 322x241
>>137938598
Come on, who doesn't love damage boosting?
>>
>>137938594
I haven't noticed anything like that running around with the green sword for quite a while, I spotted the purple black change pretty quick. Obviously can't rule it out, it might be something so insanely minor like characters in town walking up to you more often or some stupid shit. Or your character goes into idle sit animation faster or slower. The dumbshit possibilities are truly endless.
>>
File: hld corner room.jpg (114 KB, 1866x1050) Image search: [Google]
hld corner room.jpg
114 KB, 1866x1050
what was in this corner? a key? I'm wondering if I got an outfit here already and it bugged, but I don't think so
>>
>>137938970
which room is that on the map? If that's the 8 key door room I think it should be a key? I don't quite recognize it.
>>
File: hld found it.jpg (230 KB, 1866x1050) Image search: [Google]
hld found it.jpg
230 KB, 1866x1050
I found what I was looking for, but I believe it was a key (southeast corner of this room) and there was an 8 key door on the left side

man that map in the OP is useful, but I'm trying not to rely on it too hard as I sweep through looking for whatever I missed
>>
>>137939330
Yeah that's a key room, if you already have it you can break the skeleton that was holding it though, and I'm not sure what causes them to come back.
>>
>>137939467
>and I'm not sure what causes them to come back.

Nothing.

There's a few breakable objects in game that stay broken forever.
All the gearbit boxes, all the skeletons that you get items from, as well as the mirror in the house.
>>
>>137939713
>the mirror in the house
first thing I did when I got in there was start breaking shit to see if I could find anything useful, so of course mine is cracked... I'm not sure if I'm annoyed that it stays broken, or endeared because I have to live with the consequences of my actions
>>
>>137939813
I put on the alt drifter's red sword (which I got early from the bug were you die in a room where you meet him) and tested it out right after getting it, not knowing the mirror would brake.

The result was perfect.
>>
how the hell do you get over to the western side of the mountain? I see all sorts of shit over there on my map, but... no clue how to reach what looks like a very long stairway I'd have to take down
>>
>>137940396
Go west then south from the boss pillar
You should see a pit with trees on either side
Walk around the pit then through the trees
>>
>>137940604
damn, I literally explored that place like three or four times, and somehow missed that you can just got south when in that pit after the deer... thing... runs away
>>
>>137940604
>>137940783
oh, and that leads... I see, very cool
thanks
>>
>>137869439
Okay so what are the best three pieces to wear?

I'm thinking orange/blue/violet. Half stamina usage is really good for dashing around and slash dashing. Faster bomb cooldown means you could potentially throw a grenade every encounter. Shortened post combo recovery time just lets you be more aggressive and safely evade with your dash.

I figure faster pickup and activation doesn't really help much, and the stamina recharge cooldown isn't at all inhibitive. Max health +1 isn't that great, 50% increased ammo isn't that great when you can animation cancel pistol shots with slashes and never run out of ammo anyway. Bloodier kill animations are pointless, and faster movement speed probably doesn't help after you get chain dash.

I am of course assuming that wearing three different pieces confers three different bonuses. I can't test as I only have violet at the moment.
>>
>>137942928
Yes you do get three bonuses.

I run around with Violet/Blue/Yellow myself, though I consider switching Blue out for Orange or White. Activation time is surprisingly useful just because you do open doors and hit switches fairly often. Yellow is just nice for those times when you're making steps too small for a dash, like mid combat positioning.

Blue I find the least useful of the ones I use because I don't really finish my sword combos that often, or if I do it's being cancelled immediately into heavy slash to finish off a big monster anyways.
>>
>>137942928
>animation cancel pistol shots with slashes and never run out of ammo anyway

The increases ammo one is really good for pairing with the 2nd shotgun.
It's rate of fire is fast so you can burn through all 4 of your shots quickly and be on empty.
The bonus generation really helps you get back to full in no time.

1 extra health. Would be really good if it gave you an extra hit verse 2 damage attacks.

I personally got hit out of my heal animation enough times that I use White, but I don't think it's the best.
>>
File: I4MpKgX[1].png (327 KB, 948x534) Image search: [Google]
I4MpKgX[1].png
327 KB, 948x534
Fucking finally
West boss is going to be even worse ;_;
>>
Is there a more detailed guide to the keys? I can't find the one the map says is in the third room behind the 8-triangle door in the north.
>>
File: HLD_North_Map_2.0D2.png (388 KB, 1463x1011) Image search: [Google]
HLD_North_Map_2.0D2.png
388 KB, 1463x1011
>>137948642
Before the door to the room with the tablet, there are invisible platforms to the right - hit the switch after you grab the key for another secret.

Also here's a draft of the north map. Still haven't made a legend.
>>
>>137948861
Thanks, bro!
>>
Bampe
>>
File: HLD2.jpg (240 KB, 1920x650) Image search: [Google]
HLD2.jpg
240 KB, 1920x650
I had been thinking Violet Blue Yellow aswell, seems sick. Still missing blue and yellow though.
>>
File: tUBxZbO.jpg (137 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
tUBxZbO.jpg
137 KB, 1366x768
So we're still on the 31/3/2016 patch on GoG right? I watched my buddy stream and he has the steam version which said 1/4/2016?
Are patches really released differently depending on DD platform?

Also, Bunnyhop review is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWFYccSCk0Y
>>
Did they fix the horrible input lag? I wanna start a NG+, most of the bosses were easy as fuck.
>>
How to get into the other half of the room behind the three-module door in the East?
>>
>>137960615
the door literally right across the stairway from the 3-module door.
>>
>>137960765
Whaaaaat
I thought that went somewhere completely different, jeez, I must be turned around. Thanks, though.
>>
>>137960765
>>137960992
Oh wait, maybe this is a confusion: I meant the *second* room after the three-module door, not the small first one. You get into a secret room with a gold chip and from there you can see another part to the room.
>>
>>137961203
You reach the upper part later in the normal course of reaching the boss.
>>
>>137962021
Weird, I was just replaying it now to get to the secret stuff and didn't get there, I guess I'll just have to go through it again then.
>>
>>
File: scrn.jpg (86 KB, 1912x1072) Image search: [Google]
scrn.jpg
86 KB, 1912x1072
>>137868139
holy shit
>>
File: gondola.png (251 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gondola.png
251 KB, 1920x1080
any point in NG+ anons?
>>
>>137969461
The challenge, I guess.
>>
File: what do these do.png (309 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
what do these do.png
309 KB, 1920x1080
>>137969529
I didn't get to open all the doors and what not on first playthrough, is there anything worth finding? I only ever got like 2 keys and there were doors that needed a shit ton, also there were these slabs in which this weird slender looking bird man? would come up and show runes on them and they seemingly did nothing, what are they for?
>>
>>137969819

There are 12 or 16 keys, can't remember which.
The slabs are called monoliths and unlocking all of them gives you that slender figure's cape. It adds +1 to max hp. Read the pastebin in the OP for more info.
>>
>>137969819
Pretty much all of the optional stuff like keys or monoliths is gonna get you are color sets, which have very minor gameplay effects, as seen in >>137869439

The monoliths also have lore shit written on them in silly nonsense language.

Wrote this like 20 minutes ago and forgot to hit submit, sorry.

>>137972663
16 keys total, only 1 door requires 16 and has the Fuschia cape.
>>
>>137969819
This is the only criticism I have of the game t bh, I had much the same experience. It just feels really badly paced in that sense, it's almost impossible to get the gear sets when you might've had some use for them.
>>
>>137928975
whats this picture from?
>>
>>137980183
This has got to be a joke. Tell me you're joking.
>>
Where is the 20 key door located? I just collected every single one.
>>
>>137980183
It's from the secret of monkey island
>>
>>137983586
i'm leaning towards escape from monkey island but i know its not actually that, it just makes me think that
i'm 24 before you go thinking i'm some teen who just plays the hot new games
>>
>>137984294
It's genuinely from the very first Monkey Island game, back when it came on multiple disks.
>>
>>137984187
>>137984776
ah ok thanks
what was the context of the line?
>>
>>137985180
To never pay more than $20 for a computer game. It's pretty straightforward, anon.
>>
>>137983860
Nevermind. It was in the south. What a shit reward.
>>
>>137958190
>game is locked at 30fps

Well that sucks, is that even possible to work around in gamemaker?
>>
>>137976883
The framerate isn't a problem for you?
>>
>>137987206
..No? 30 FPS is like close to the human eye's perception speed, I don't think it's physically possible for it to matter at higher speeds. You get fully smooth animated motion at 24fps, so I don't see how a higher framerate could possibly make a difference.
>>
>>137987713
The human eye can perceive much higher framerates than 30fps.

Visuals aside, inputs are handled by the game loop, and logic in game maker's engine is tied to the framerate. Lower framerates in game maker means that it's possible to drop inputs every now and again. It happens once every so often during combat for me.
>>
>>137987713
From what I've seen, mostly on /cgg/, is that 60fps would be better for a game like HLD because combat requires twitch reaction speeds at times and thirty fps can hinder that.

Pretty sure the human eye perceives the world at, if not higher than 60fps.
>>
How?
>>
File: 2016-04-07_23-19-06.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-07_23-19-06.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
>>137987713
framerate is less about what you see and more about what you feel

higher framerate means tighter windows for inputs, which is beneficial in a game like hld, with it's twitchy combat
>>
>>137989296
Right. Of course.
>>
>>137990030
Always look out for those tiles that lead into walls. The devs were really blunt about hidden paths -- either the game will direct the player towards them via natural progression of the levels, or you'll have obvious shit like that.
>>
>>137990030
If it makes you feel better, this one stumped my ass too. Literally the last shard I got in the whole game.
>>
File: hyper-light-drifter-ps4.jpg (155 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
hyper-light-drifter-ps4.jpg
155 KB, 1500x1000
Yeah just google a video comparison of 30 vs 60 fps. From what I know, the eye does not perceive things in frames, but we can still use FPS as a metric. Some people can probably process visual info way beyond 60 fps aswell.
As Bunnyhop shows, it also has to do with the game's internal mechanics. In Dark Souls 2 there were some funky bugs on PC because the game was made/balanced around 30. Weapon durability would deteriorate much faster on PC because the weapon spent more frames inside the enemies' models or something.

Apparently, most competent western devs tie game logic to the clock these days. I'm guessing it's easier to tie it to frames, and thus From Software and Heart Machine did so.

There are some tricks they can use to mask the stutter induced by a low framerate, like motion blur, which is heavily employed in cinema to make 24 fps palatable. We've been conditioned to that which is why shit like the Hobbit looks jarring in 48 fps (at first anyway). The reason for the 24 fps standard historically is that digital, or as it were, analogue, storagespace was scarce back then. Also limitations to broadcasting.

"Humans can't see beyond 30 fps" has to be a consoleshill invention or ebin troll me-me.
>>
They're the elite four! Only on the N-th playtrough, I just got it.
>>
>>137991783
I much prefer 60, particularly for action games, but I'll put up with 30 if it's the only option. I'd rather play decent games at 30 than not at all.

Not so relevant to this thread but the reason that the Hobbit was jarring for me was because different elements in the background (particularly CG) seem to run at a different framerate from the rest of the movie. Confusing as all hell.
>>
>>137987713
The eye doesn't perceive the world in "frames". I can't believe people still throw this around. 24fps is a cinema standard only because it adds blur to faster-paced scenes, making them seem more intense. It has nothing to do with the eye's perception.

Educate yourself before you tote such ridiculous misinformation.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-07+at+04.23.59).jpg (19 KB, 304x264) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-07+at+04.23.59).jpg
19 KB, 304x264
How do I get these pillars to go down?
>>
Man. Mapguy, I think placing the modules where they actually are is the best idea. I am currently looking for the one in the big area just before the bossroom in East and can't fucking find it.
>>
Nevermind, seems I actually have that one. I can't even read the ingame map.
>>
>>137996730
The underworld map is represented by orange rooms and neon-pink paths between them. I never really understood the purpose of the dark purple lines, but I assume they have something to do with the overworld.

Toggling between the overworld and underworld maps helps with the shard quest a lot, since "hidden" underworld rooms are displayed on the worldmap.
>>
>>137989458
Lets look at that. Its still wrong, because as scripters has found out, the dash window is somewhere between 190ms and 300ms. Which means 3-5Hz.
A key issue is that once you hit the rhythm, if you hit it too early, in frame transition between red and green, you missed the window. If you hit it during the transition from green to red, you hit it, even if thats outside of the window.

These are not issue, but HLD is a game where you get 20 dashes before gear gives you 40 dashes. And the timing to start the dashing is very different from mantaining it.
So you now have 2 failure points:
1. Failing to start chain dashing
2. Missing the window
Window during 60FPS would be a lot easier to hit, because you could most likely mash based on a visual point. Currently you can't actually do that.

>>137988350
That and there is slowdown if there is enough things happening on screen, because gamemaker is gamemaker.
On the flip side, at the leat HLD is running at fixed frametimes. Which means no jitter, unlike what the normal Deltatime will produce
>>
>>137995874
That's actually an exit. I can't remember where the secret room is that houses the other portal, but I just found it the other day. At the end of the hidden area there's a warp tile that takes you to that one and the walls are down, then when you step off of it the walls go back up right away.
>>
>>137995874
Like the other anon said, that's the exit, and the secret area is down and to the left from there IIRC.
>>
>>138001468
>>138001010
Thanks for the help. But now I cant find the secret room.
>>
>>138002476
FOUND it!
>>
File: 627c4ea824[1].jpg (74 KB, 713x596) Image search: [Google]
627c4ea824[1].jpg
74 KB, 713x596
What are these and how do I activate them?

I thought they simply required I step on them But I cant get them all to respond to that.
>>
>>138003414
I always just assumed they were non-interactive tiles since walking on them never did anything. But I guess if I was going to take another stab at seeing if they do anything, I would maybe try tossing a grenade at one. Total guess, though.
>>
>>137991783
>In Dark Souls 2 there were some funky bugs on PC because the game was made/balanced around 30. Weapon durability would deteriorate much faster on PC because the weapon spent more frames inside the enemies' models or something.

i remember this shit was really annoying. having a weapon in a wall or enemy model (including ragdolls) would drain the durability something fierce. DS2 was plagued by a lot of these framerate issues, like taking damage from enemies before they've hit you and i believe the spellcasters in shrine of amana was affected by this in a weird way that gave them almost infinite fucking range once you've got their aggro. hard times.

>>138003414
they dont do anything but mark the path you opened with the green switch
>>
what is the story of this game
also is it dead?
i see like no threads on /v/... seemed like there was no hype at all for it
>>
>>137940008
What happened?
>>
>>137924769
MOTION
>>
Is there a console ver?
If so does it transfer well or do I need it in pic for some arbitrary reason?
>>
>Story of the game
Some of this is speculation, based off of things you can find in the game. Bear with me here.

In ancient times, the mortal races attempted to attain immortality. In doing so, they discovered a way to tap into the power of an ancient god, and created an artificial intelligence as a means to control that power. Unbeknownst to them, the sentient AI would overstep its bounds, triggering a great war against the mortal races with its army of artificially created warriors.

Meanwhile, the ancient god whose power they've been ganking is fucking pissed. It struggles for control over the well of power, but being that it and the AI are evenly matched, they enter an eternal stalemate. While the Anubis is likely able to end the struggle by simply destroying the well of power, it would likely result in the destruction of the mortal races, as depicted in the opening sequence. Also, it would probably be bad if it destroyed its own well of power. Regardless, it attempts to introduce new factors to the scenario by seeking out suitable warriors to break the AI's stranglehold on his power, so that none of that has to happen.

Drifter is picked out as one such warrior for this cause. The Anubis comes to him in a dream, and presents his ultimatum: defeat the usurper god, or the Anubis himself will destroy the world. As their powers are intertwined, the AI is able to infect Drifter's mind with his malign presence, causing the illness that would eventually claim his life like so many others before him (as well as some of the craziness of the opening sequence). The affliction is not something that can be cured by conventional means, but by killing this asshole that's actively trying to end his life.
>>
>>138011974
Fast forward to the end of the game: You fight the usurper god, and defeat him in combat. However, it's revealed that the killing blow wasn't actually executed on any such entity, but what I'm going to refer to as the Heart Machine itself. The entity manifests differently for different people, since the manifestation of the entity is nothing more than an affliction of the mind (while the degradation of the body is quite real). Having destroyed the Heart Machine, which housed the sentient AI, you return the Anubis' power to him in whole, but nothing can be done about your inevitable death. As a final gift, he shows you a vision of a tranquil ocean of water to parallel the ocean of blood littered with bodies at the beginning of the game.

Then, you drift off to hell. You're fucking dead, The End.
>>
HAIPORRU RAITO DORIFTO
>>
>>138011974
>>138012125
I meant to reply to this asshole ( >>138006354 )
Also,
>i see like no threads on /v/... seemed like there was no hype at all for it

The game has nothing to do with things that you can fuck, and very few waifu. On top of that, it's kinda short, so there's not much discussion that they could have on the matter.

On 8/v/, they do nothing but spout on about how they thanked FemFreq in the credits, and accuse them of being koolaid-infused SJWs that want to bring down the industry. Occasionally when you sift through those threads, you'll find one or two people actually talking about the game.

You don't go to /v/ to discuss videogames
>>
File: Great_dragon_eats_sad_man.png (821 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
Great_dragon_eats_sad_man.png
821 KB, 707x1000
>Play with Gamepad
>Wrong inputs and need to hold R1 to move
>Replace SDLGameControllerPlugin.dll
>No rumble

>Play with Keyboard + Mouse
>Its complete shit with no control over dashing, and too hard to

>Play with Wiimote + Nunchuck
>Everything works
>Stops working in next gameplay session
>>
>>138012125
Oh yeah, one last thing
The reason he'd have to destroy the mortal races to stop the Heart Machine? At the climax of the great war, they had only just barely fended off the four Titans that were let loose by the Heart Machine, and sealed it deep underground to hinder its influence on the outside world. They are unable to outright destroy it themselves, however, as it has grown too powerful for them to handle.

Seeing that the brilliant minds decided to seal it right underneath the center of their civilization -- the beating heart, if you will -- the Anubis would have do destroy them, as well. I don't know what kind of jackass would do such a thing, but hey, I'm not the one writing this shit.
>>
File: Shortcut.webm (943 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Shortcut.webm
943 KB, 1280x720
>>137990030
Meanwhile, I just did this and then ended up going through that section backwards
>>
>>138011974
>>138012125
Thats a shit copy pasta
>>
>>138017365
I typed all of that out on the spot you goddamned nigger.
>>
fucking hell. beat my way through this game for it to constantly go to black screen soon as the credits start rolling. wasnt this fixed?
>>
Dear god, has anyone managed to beat the challange missions on newgame+? Even with shotgun cheesing I'm still getting my shit pushed in.

>>138011974
>>138012125
>>138013363
Pretty much my take on it, although I didn't interpret the dead bodies at the beginning to be an ultimatum from Anubis. Seeing as you see intact cities and working titans, I'm pretty sure its meant to be Anubis telling Drifter what happened in the past/how things got so fucked up as we're so far into the future nobody remembers anything.
>>
>>138020376
Welcome to Gamemaker, enjoy your stay
>>
console or PC?
>>
>>138020968
>intact
everything is in ruins, shit looks like green and purple syria
>>
>>138020968
>>138029174
oh you were talking about the intro, my mistake
>>
>>138025929

pc. i guess it doesnt matter. i can still go to ng+. just wanted to see if there was anything after the credits or if i could continue to collect keys i missed
>>
>>138025929
Console. PC only get rumble on Xbox pads, not PS4 pads
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.