[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 110
File: A.png (54 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
A.png
54 KB, 160x160
I don't know what am I doing edition

http://strawpoll.me/6447025/

Previous thread >>128403692 → →

/hbg/ Wiki: http://homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.3 for userland / downgrade, eShop is x.x.x-28 only)
Wii U: 5.5 (Upcoming IOSU exploit)
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Webkit)

N3DS emuNAND can't be updated past 9.5
O3DS emuNAND can update all the way to 10.3

-GUIDES-
3DS: http://pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
DOWNGRADING: http://pastebin.com/ZfA8wtA2 • http://pastebin.com/EBKipkPW • http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji

DS: http://homebrew-general.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_DS

Vita: http://pastebin.com/zwBhCPtd

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-10.4 NOT TODAY
-Browser/Menuhax both work on the latest firmware again. DON'T DELAY in getting Homebrew!
-memchunkhax2 is a kernel11 exploit that allows downgrading to 9.2, and works with every firmware including 10.3.
-Rei and the rxTools team are both developing emuNAND 10.3 for New 3DS
-Smea started working on hax 3.0

>Is downgrading safe?
Safe as it gets for now. Most bricks seem to be people using the wrong firmware. Be sure you understand the process.
-A libkhax variant of mch2 sysUpdater compiled by julian20 implements the safest settings so far.
-Getting the downgrader to even start can require many tries. Opening and closing an FTP app supposedly helps.
-Blank screen can be caused by Menuhax. Try pulling your SD card if you get it. Boot, reinsert, change theme.

>Wii U
-System update 5.5.1 is out.
-Hykem is being weird.

>Vita
-Cobra Black Fin was announced. http://wololo.net/2015/12/07/cobra-black-fin-an-upcoming-dongle-to-play-ps-vita-isos/
-A Vita update got released, you might not want to update since it fixes the email exploit.
>>
FIRST FOR Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP. Y'ALL FUCKED UP.
>>
Did /vg/ just got nuked or is it my internet being wonky?
>>
I was seconds from making a new thread, what the fuck happened normally they are up long before the other dies.

>>128426268
n3ds? yeah, snes gba and a bunch from RetroArch nightlies

o3ds? Well, blargSNES works fine minus mode7 games, and some RetroArch nigghtlies are good ps1 and gba are fucked though
>>
>>128426630
I like DevMenu because it's official nintendo stuff and doesn't deal with the SD/NAND bullshit FBI has

FBI is open-source, though, so we know exactly how it works

But honestly, they're both breddy good. Steven says next version of FBI might have faster installs, so we'll see what happens.
>>
>>128427357
is there any way to insert/paste back vanilla healthsafety app. i need it to inject bbm and it's missing from sysnand
>>
Does anything get deleted if I upgrade emunand using sysupdater? Would it affect installed games on emunand, gamesaves, cia installers, cfw, or anything else?

What games require firmware beyond 9.2 anyways?
>>
>wait five minutes checking if a thread is already made
>ok, so I guess I should make one
>a thread is made while making mine

well, that's why I dont wnat to make new threads

BUT FUCK YEAH, I DID NOT BRICK MY N3DS
>>
>>128426645
I re-did it, and the app doesn't crash anymore... though when i open the app (w/o pressing Y), it still goes to the damn bootmgr

wtf is happening?
>>
What's better for o3DS gbc emulation?

Gambatte or Gameyob?
>>
Reposting

That someone has that 1 beautiful theme that had like some kind of light brown backgroud and a women on the left? A anon use to post that in here while showing off his theme on emunand.

I really want that one.

Also, best way yo install costume thems on a unlinked emunad?
>>
>>128427750
Find it again and repost the image. Maybe we can identify it
>>
>>128427735
I used to use Gameyob and worked pretty good.
>>
I installed emunand like 1.5 years ago. Today i wanted to play some new games but my SD card suddenly passed away. Can i buy new memory card and set new emunand and rxtools? I have no backups of my old card.
>>
>>128427591
just realized. did "Navigate to SysNAND File Options and then Dump Health & Safety" mean producing a fresh h&s app? it's using decrypt9wip btw
>>
>>128427791
Where exactly is the archive? So i can start digging
>>
>>128427656
>refresh catalog
>ctrl + f "hbg"
>none
>wait
>repeat 5 times
>start to make thread
>check again
>make 5 seconds ago

n-nice one OP

>>128427683
and the brew.3dsx is definitely the hb launcher file right? And in the payload you edited it to be brew.3dsx?

That's very strange if that's right, not sure what the problem is.

>>128427735
GameYob has been more than fine for me. Do they have any differing features? I used GameYob on my nds flashcart for ages too.

>>128427750
use CHMM2.cia http://pastebin.com/EBKipkPW now with inbuilt theme downloader, oooo

>>128427812
So you're basically on a clean 3ds right? If so, sure why not.
>>
Still stuck trying to boot rxtools via browser, "failed to load part of this page" shit, last night was working perfect and i did not touch anything.
>>
File: 1448973640746.jpg (1 MB, 2963x4192) Image search: [Google]
1448973640746.jpg
1 MB, 2963x4192
Crossposting:
For anyone with squeaky or creaky spots on their XL:
>Unscrew the screws from the bottom plate
>Apply pressure from near the headphone jack/power button and push it upwards
>Slowly screw in the screws, but make sure to not overscrew
>Congratulations, no more creaky
The main issue is that the front part of the bottom plate likes slipping out and back in when pressure is put in the middle of the plate, but this is easily fixed by forcing the plate a bit more to close out the edge difference.
Make sure you don't screw the screws too weakly though, or it will slip back after a while.

Don't let that creakyness break your soul, anons.
>>
>>128427857
>Where exactly is the archive? So i can start digging
OP always links previous threads and from what I can tell, 4chan archives like the past 10 threads or something
>>
>>128427910
>and the brew.3dsx is definitely the hb launcher file right? And in the payload you edited it to be brew.3dsx?
so to make sure i redownloaded the boot.3dsx from the retard guide (back when its needed to reinstall menuhax) and it turns out that the brew.3dsx was somehow boot manager? It doesnt make sense because from bootmanager i could load up brew.3dsx and HBC would pop up
>>
>>128427819
I have same problem. H&S app just isnt here. RXtools cant see it, decrypt tool cant see it, im going to cry
>>
so many games to play. havent started any of them. fuk
>>
>>128427914
It does that sometimes. You should get ctrbootmanager asap, honestly.
>>
>>128427962
Note that previous OP fucked up and replied with the actually-previous thread

>>128428015
decrypt9wip is best method. also you won't see it on OFW sysnand because it's unsigned, so you'll have to boot a CFW like rxtools pasta mode or straight up pastacfw, which boots into sysnand

Don't forget to hold your homemenuhax trigger button so you actually get in
>>
>>128427914
>boot rxtools via browser

why? I've never had to do this.

>>128427950
>gba micro's A button is fucked
>I think opening and cleaning will make it 90% better
>opening the GBA micro is fucking stupid ammount of screws and sliding shit

damn it

>>128428013
But it works now right? Sweet. I might re-do that guide soon and shove everything in a single download, clearly labelled. It's not retard proof enough it seems.
>>
On cakes with 9.5 Emunand on a Japanese 3DS. Everything I have downloaded EXCEPT Majora's Mask 3D has been fine, any reason for this? I downloaded the region free program (forgot the name) and it has let me play US region games just fine. When I boot MM3DS though it gives me and error and kicks me to SYSNAND. Is MM3DS not functioning?
>>
Does it matter if i install an EU titled CIA on a US 2DS? will it launch fine?
>>
>>128427962
This will take me forever. Should have saved that pic. I saw that like...12 threads ago or more if these things are going volt
>>
Which is less effort for changing my SD card in my original 3ds, emunand tool or USB partitioner?
>>
>>128428101
NTR CFW? if it's fucking up then resort to rxtools omega

>>128428103
RxTools is region free natively. otherwise use NTR CFW

>>128428109
Good luck anon

>>128428116
O3DS to O3DS/N3DS to N3DS, or are you moving from O3DS to N3DS?
>>
>>128427910
I thought, using the CHMM2 linked your nands
>>
>>128427950
h-holy shit thanks anon
>>
>>128428208
O3ds to O3ds. Sorry for the ambiguity, my card didn't arrive until yesterday so I had to use my 4 gig to install everything instead.
>>
>>128426489
Alright, I'll update it to 10.3 and at section 3 I will use the decrypt9 method instead, got it.

I should be okay following that guide after that, right?
>>
>>128428073
How do i run decrypt9wip tool? Explain me step by step because im retard.
>>
>>128428093
>But it works now right? Sweet
haha yeah it's working now. with the guide, i came across these issues:

1. followed your instructions and somehow menuhax ended up installed on both sysnand and emunand. could this have happened because menuhax was on sysnand when emumand was made? i've no idea

2. had the db issue with FBI. i don't think you mention creating the dbs folder and files when you inject FBI. was difficult trying to determine which folder was emunand. my sd card was fresh.

3. and lastly, that shit with the HBC app. somehow brew.3dsx ended up being a copy of boot manger, when boot manager was already working fine and was loading brew.3dsx into HBC
>>
>>128428208
>RxTools is region free natively. otherwise use NTR CFW
nice, thanks. yeah my emunand is at 10.3, using rxtools
>>
>>128428279
No problem friendo, I can understand this happening to people because having the SD card slot there isn't the brightest idea.
>>
>>128428072
Can i install this wihotut booting rxtools?

My only method right now is browser hax
>>
>>128427910
Anon. I dont see any ChMm2 .cia even on the rar file
>>
Does anything get deleted if I upgrade emunand using sysupdater? Would it affect installed games on emunand, gamesaves, cia installers, cfw, or anything else?

What games require firmware beyond 9.2 anyways?
>>
>>128428109
Keep opening old threads for a while in new tabs
Find a program that downloads all the images from the site, I'm sure there is one
Scroll through images in your pc folder looking for it

Most efficient way I can think. Do you remember any more details about the girl?

>>128428270
>I thought, using the CHMM2 linked your nands
nope

>>128428381
>could this have happened because menuhax was on sysnand when emumand was made? i've no idea
Someone else said that, I'm sure mine didn't have it though when I did it myself, I'll make a note of it.

>2
I'll figure out exactly where to add this and stick it in

>>128428613
rinnegatamante.it/CHMM_25.rar

Are you winding me up? It's literally inside the only fodler in the .rar
>>
what is the best emulator I should look into for each of these systems?
Gameboy
Sega Master System/Game Gear
Turbo Grafix
NeoGeo Pocket Color
Maybe GBA...

Can each of these systems be emulated well on an O3DS?
>>
>>128428613
Nvm. Checked the wrong folder on my laptop
>>
>>128428796
>Gameboy
penis
>Sega Master System/Game Gear
penis
>Turbo Grafix
penis
>NeoGeo Pocket Color
penis
>Maybe GBA...
penis
>>
>>128428565
homebrew launcher
>>
>>128428378
put decrypt9wip folder in SD:/3ds/ and run from HBL. follow the steps here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/
>>
>>128428565
>Can i install this wihotut booting rxtools?
You'll need menuhax
>>
>>128428758
>>128427597
No.
>>
>>128428796
GBA is pretty shit. all (if not most) of those can be injected into VC, though, and that's pretty much perfect emulation

GBA requires patching a modified AGB_FIRM to SysNAND NAND though, so google how to do that if you want to do that (Also, no savestates or .sav management for GBA VC injection)
>>
>>128428889
Do these emus just not exist on the 3DS yet or something?
>>
>>128429038
Absolutely nothing gets deleted? So I can install anything I want while in 9.2 and update later?
>>
>>128428796
GB/C - GameYob
SNES - blargSNES
All others - RetroArch Nightlies

GBA doesn't work well at all on o3ds for me, apparently installing through modified Virtual Console is fine though.
>>
>>128428796
For gba in o3ds you'll need injected .cia.
Gameboy is as good as it can get. Use gameyob.
Not sure about the rest.
>>
>>128429067
Just aquestion

Gba games need to be ibstalled jn both sysnand and emunand ,what about nes ,gb and gbc?
>>
>>128429067
yeah no .sav management is a dealbreaker for me, so I'd rather just play other systems, that and needing to install each game both to sysnand and emunand... very cumbersom.

Do the other systems have emulation on the 3DS yet? I should know this but I just got into this system.
>>
1. is it safe to delete CIA's that have already been installed?

2. where can i get the new monster hunter game, and can i play it on an o3ds (2ds w/ 10.3 emunand)

3. should i turn on tubehax on sysnand at least? will this help at all?
>>
>>128429161
only time you need firm patching is AGB_FIRM for GBA and TWL_FIRM for DSi

everything else is fine on emunand

>>128429178
dunno, retroarch nightlies have a shitton that i have yet to try out myself. give them a shot i guess and see what i said to other anon in this post

also heard that N3DS emulates stuff better than O3DS. blargSNES and pocketSNES are the best emus for SNES
>>
>>128428932
>>128429009

Thank you both , i'll work on this
>>
http://3dbrew.org/w/index.php?curid=95&diff=15281&oldid=15186

And this is how the SALT guys got the 9.6 keys.
>>
>>128429317
So only gba and dsi games need to be installed on both nands

Thanks anon
>>
>>128429280
1. yes
2. huehuebr site or 3dsiso. huehuebr archive pass is the website URL itself
3. yes, absolutely. make sure menuhax and emunand are already set up though
>>
>>128429001
question. if i run my root hs.app with go.bat without any cia, can i get vanilla hs.app back? will it be signed (and show up on sysnand)? and will it cause anything to my emunand h&s app which already injected with bbm (like causing it to go vanilla again?)? then again i already got bbm.cia there so it probaly won't cause any problem right?
>>
>>128429413
no idea, just keep a backup of your original hs.app for both nands (i don't even know if they're interchangeable and i'm too lazy to test that anyway)

i think you can re-install the .cia from a update pack (proper firmware for the NAND you want it on) though, but i don't know which file is which. check 3dsbrew if you accidentally deleted it somehow
>>
>>128429405
>yes
thanks
>huehuebr site or 3dsiso. huehuebr archive pass is the website URL itself
so i imagine it's cool with 10.3 emunand/o3ds? no issues with regions?
>yes, absolutely. make sure menuhax and emunand are already set up though
wanted to do this to at least protect sysnand from going over 9.2 with nintendon'ts shens
>>
>>128429517
>so i imagine it's cool with 10.3 emunand/o3ds? no issues with regions?
i know people got it to run, but i don't know how easy it is: that game and smash are special-case games iirc, and i don't play either of them so i don't really know for sure what to tell you. try googling if you come across any problems, but it's definitely possible to play, and even transfer saves over (with svdt, not SaveDataFiler. SDF is great for everything else though imo)
>>
so now with 10.3 updated emunand on my 2ds, can i access the store without any issues? can i play online (on smash, for example) with a pirated cia without any extra steps to take?

something else i noticed was that my pokeymans cartridge has an update available. is this safe to install on emunand?
>>
>>128429946
yes until 10.4

install your updates as .cia using FBI/DevMenu. If FBI, press L to change install destination to "SD"
>>
>>128428786
My mistake. I had it confuse from my old chmm
>>
File: 1359970312272.jpg (12 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
1359970312272.jpg
12 KB, 264x320
Lets say I wanted to get rid of my CFW to sell my 3DS. Do I just need to gut the SD card and its alright, or do I need to do something else?
>>
>>128429413
>>128429504
somehow got it work. redoing hs cia inject step didn't give me hs app back in sysnand but it give me bbm.cia that can only be used in rxmode sysnand. success? can i use it to set up menuhax and autobooting rxtools?
>>
>>128430123
system format and remove your sd card
>>
File: HNI_0013.jpg (97 KB, 432x528) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0013.jpg
97 KB, 432x528
W-what should I play guys?
>>
Cant install my costume theme with chmm .cia. says installed but as soon as i reboot tk check it on emunand, is not there
>>
>>128430280
EVERY
THING
>>
>>128430126
wait, what? menuhax/rxtools are completely different: BMM is just a .cia installer for PIRATING

format emunand with EMUNAND9 if you haven't yet (back up important files first, like the Nintendo 3DS folder), then format sysnand with system settings. back up emunand with emunand tool, format emunand in system settings, then restore emunand to restore your NNID

unless you already did all of that. Then just rename boot.3dsx on root to boot_hb.3dsx, download CTRBootManager.zip and put its boot.3dsx/boot.cfg on root

assuming you are using rxtools omega, you should not have to do anything else
>>
>>128430280
dota 2
>>
>>128428116
Any input? I've read something about emunand tool being broken for the time being, but I don't know if that holds true for the o3ds or indeed holds true at all.
>>
>arrogant retarded fucks on gbatemp telling devs their shit is broken when it's clearly on their own side

I need to stop reading anything but their OP posts.

>>128430280
TAIKO NO TATSUJIN!
>>
>>128430280
danganronpa and its sequel on your hacked vita

>>128430431
use an older version of emunand tool
>>
>>128430069
>install your updates as .cia using FBI/DevMenu. If FBI, press L to change install destination to "SD"
im not sure i understand. i can install updates via FBI for a legit game? how?
>>
>>128430468
literally download the .cia, put it on your card, run FBI channel in the NAND you intend to install to (sys/emu), and install to SD

if you do not have FBI, inject it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/
>>
File: 1427507800610.png (688 KB, 1148x1381) Image search: [Google]
1427507800610.png
688 KB, 1148x1381
>>128430280
COME ON AND SLAM
I have this theme too, fucking amazing.
I'm playing Yo-Kai Watch atm, pretty fun time waster, writing is corny as shit but in a good way.
Dank memes included.
Combat is different ..but I've done P3 so NPCs doing their own thing I'm used too. Bosses are fun as fuck though.
>>
Anyone have any idea why Project Mirai DX would be hanging at the splash screen? I'm on N3DS at 9.5 with Cakes.
>>
>>128430682
correct region?
>>
>>128430556
>literally download the .cia, put it on your card, run FBI channel in the NAND you intend to install to (sys/emu), and install to SD
oh so you mean download the update for a legit cart separately as a cia and inject it... i thought just running the game connected to the internet would be fine
>>
>>128430682
It's because you guzzled too much cock faggot.
>>
>>128430294
Send help
>>
Anyone have a link to a Rhythym heaven cia file? Can only find 3ds files.
>>
>>128430726
It's a legit install from the eShop.
>>
Should I wait until 10.3 emuNAND released for N3DS or update it to 9.5? I can wait a few days and I just have it downgraded at 9.2.
>>
figured out the easiest / laziest way to watch videos on 3ds via wifi streaming.
software needed: freemake video converter, hfs.
convert a video to 240p mp4 (works with sbs, the other 3d formats too i recon)
create a htm file, put

<div style="position: relative; width: 420px;">
<video id=0 controls width=420 height=236>
<source src="VIDEONAME.mp4" type='video/mp4'>
</video>
</div>
drag BOTH files into hfs. input the ip of your pc into 3ds browser, prefaced by http:// or it wont be recognized as a link.

not sure if this works with o3ds, i think the whole rantom inet video thing is n3ds exclusive.
>>
>>128430809
I'm also interested on this
>>
File: 1426386823559.jpg (358 KB, 1065x902) Image search: [Google]
1426386823559.jpg
358 KB, 1065x902
So, can I go to the store and buy a n3ds and still fully hack it? Only heard about this yesterday.
>>
>>128430735
Like any official game, you cannot play online unless you update first.

You can do that through either eShop or .cia, but I personally recommend .cia because you might not always have access to eShop, and you do the download from your computer.
>>
>>128430809
Convert it, lazy fuck.
>>
>>128430947
Yes, but be fast: Nintendo could put up 10.4 and patch the exploit at any moment now. It could be today. It could be this week. Nobody really knows.

If you're too late, you can no longer use browserhax, and must buy yourself a flashcart/OoT/Cubic Ninja to do it.
>>
Guys, i went to install a theme with CHMM2 on emunand and wen is done and click home menu, nothing happens. I tried without a theme on and with a color theme on and still nothing. HELP
>>
What games require upgrading beyond 9.2 to play? Is there a list?
>>
>>128430947
Yeah but you best hurry up.
>>
I have a 32gb sdcard now. I want to go to 128 gb because the PNY card on amazon is only $35, but I don't know what to put on it.
>>
>>128431027
>If you're too late, you can no longer use browserhax, and must buy yourself a flashcart/OoT/Cubic Ninja to do it.
Forgot to mention, by the way: Downgrading can cause a softbrick and force you to update. If 10.4 is already out and you softbrick, you're fucked anyway.
>>
>tfw you ordered a 128gb microSD for your 10.3 emuNAND o3DSXL to go with your 9.2 emuNAND 128gb n3DS

Oh yeah! Can't wait to be the King of Games no matter what happens.

Oh fucking yeah.
>>
>>128431252
>128GB
overkill beyond overkills, god bless anon
>>
>set Wii U to block updates from Nintendo
>see 5.5.1 got released
>whatever, no big deal
>check to make sure the DNS was right
>System software: 5.5.1

...well, fuck. Oh well, most I was going to do was edit my Xeno X save file to reduce grinding.
>>
>>128430947
Yes, is what I did a few hours ago. Couldn't wait one week to buy and get a second handed N3DS for 20€ less, but luckily, if I sell my other consoles I would not lose any money
>>
Do I have to do anything to regain eshop access on 10.3 emunand?
I've already unlinked them by formatting the sysnand without the SD inserted

Games already working though
Eshop only gives me an error then tells me to restart, never actually loads
>>
SD or microSD for an o3DSXL?
>>
>>128431357
what's the error code
>>
>>128431372
microSD with adapter preferably for future proofing, or SD
>>
>>128431357
do you have tubedns set up on emunand
>>
>>128431046
Fucking hell, anons. Help me out here
>>
>Can you play USA region CIA on a EU O3DS?
>Do you need to do anything before going online?
>Can I just install the .cia for this ttp://4dsdev.org/thread.php?id=5 to emulate SNES games?
>Can I update .cia's via eshop?

Thank you. If there's anything I can do for you I don't mind.
>>
>>128431372
Use your fucking eyes mate
>>
>>128431436
dunno but i like using Howling Theme Tool for my theme management

there's like a 100 theme limit but idc personally
>>
Where can I get BigBlueMenu? There's no thread on Gbatemp and I don't know where's safe to download.
>>
>>128431467
They're both compatible, fucktard.
>>
>>128431419
Gimme a min I'm installing some games

>>128431432
No tubedns, never even touched that
>>
File: 1432430956256.png (130 KB, 377x337) Image search: [Google]
1432430956256.png
130 KB, 377x337
>>128431437
Also, I downloaded Mario Kart 7 and it says it has not been spoofed for CFW. Can I not play it? I'm on rxTools and I used the guide for retards. I am a retard.
>>
>>128431663
Are you on n3ds 9.5?
>>
>>128431529
This works without problems?
>>
>>128431725
No anon, I'm just an insecure faggot who likes to comprehend everything before moving forward. I'm on O3DSXL and I've played a few games already but they were EU .cia. I'm just curious.
>>
>>128431746
For me in rxtools emunand, yes. Turning on shuffle, it also works in all my other CFWs (cakes, gateway, haven't tried reinand though)
>>
>>128431825
Firmware spoofing is only for n3ds
Don't know much about out of region cias though, sorry
I think you can run them out of region with a tool from the HBL
>>
>>128431825
>>128431663
Yes

>>128431437
>Can you play USA region CIA on a EU O3DS?
yes. natively for rxtools but you need a seperate app called NTR for cakes
>Do you need to do anything before going online?
no
>Can I just install the .cia for this ttp://4dsdev.org/thread.php?id=5 to emulate SNES games?
yes
>Can I update .cia's via eshop?
yes but I prefer to find the update.cia
>>
>>128430958
i just used the shop. might as well, since i'm on 10.3 emunand. one of the benefits
>>
I'm so fucking lucky 10.4 will probably come before I receive my SD card and SD card reader.
>>
>>128431934
>I think you can run them out of region with a tool from the HBL
I've noticed that option on HBL. Do I boot hbl on emunand, choose the region free thingy and then play? I'm very illiterate.

>>128431938
>natively for rxtools
Just install cia and play or run it through hbl first?
>I prefer to find the update.cia
Yeah, I suppose so.

Can I download my digital games through eShop tho?

Thank you both, you're the best.
>>
File: IMG_20160113_112735866_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160113_112735866_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>128431419
Haven't checked the pastebins yet though
I'm on my phone
>>
>>128431973
Borrow one from a friend and downgrade at least.
>>
File: 1450493540001.jpg (27 KB, 478x352) Image search: [Google]
1450493540001.jpg
27 KB, 478x352
10.4 will drop next Monday.

Screencap this post.
>>
>>128432132
>implying I have friends
I'll get them on Friday, I hope it will work out just fine. Fuck.
>>
>>128432117
>Haven't checked the pastebins yet though

Why ask now then? It's in the retard guide.

>>128432157
done, you'll eat your words bitch
>>
>>128432117
http://pastebin.com/SjFXhB5a guide is for N3DS but whatever. CTRL+F for your error code for fix
>>
>>128432084
>Just install cia and play or run it through hbl first?
the former

>Can I download my digital games through eShop tho?
if they're games you've legitimately purchased then yeah
>>
File: Win7Background.jpg (628 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Win7Background.jpg
628 KB, 1920x1200
>>128431357
No joke, and you're not going to like it, this is the only way to fix it due to you using that meathod as opposed to TinyFormat.CIA.

1) Update to 10.3 sysNAND (this will delete all your hacks)
2) Connect your Nintendo Network ID to your sysNAND
3) Once again, use 10.3 browserhax to downgrade to 9.2
4) Because your emuNAND is already installed and already separated from your sysNAND, you should just have to boot into whatever CFW you use.

All I had to do at this point was boot rxTools via the web launcher, and I was solid. If you follow my advice, you should probably do it now, while 10.3 is still available.
>>
>>128432272
Aww man, no homo but I wanna kiss you right now. Thanks for quickly dispelling all my doubts. Anything I can help with?
Thanks again.
>>
>>128432117
1) Turn on your 3DS into Homebrew Launcher (hold L, select Homebrew Launcher)
2) Run EMUNAND9
3) Select EmuNAND Manager Options > Backup EmuNAND to EmuNAND.bin
4) Once finished, turn off the 3DS and put the SD card into your PC
5) Copy the emunand.bin onto your PC. Keep it safe.
6) Open the Nintendo 3DS folder on the root of the sd card
7) Inside you should see some folders names something like "45kj6h4kjgh6kj4gk6"
8) Determine which folder represents your emuNAND (I recommend looking for the oldest backup you have. It should contain the Nintendo 3DS folder however one of the folders inside it will be missing. The missing folder is your emuNAND folder)
9) Cut/Paste the folder to your PC
10) Put the SD card into your 3DS and turn on itno emuNand (hold L, select rxTools)
11) Go to System Settings
12) Make sure you are still in emuNAND (It should say RX-E 10.3-28E or something similar)
13) Go to Other Settings > Page 4 > System Format
14) Let it do it's thing
15) Once you are formatted and back in the main menu, go back into the System Settings
16) Log into your NNID (top button). Make sure you log into your old ID, don't make a new one.
17) Once you are logged in, go back to the main menu
18) Open eShop and once you get to the store page, close it
19) Turn off the 3DS and put the SD card in your PC
20) Put the emunand.bin back onto the SD card's root, and place the emuNAND folder (names something like "984356h6kjghkjgliglyg") back into the Nintendo 3DS folder
21) Put the SD card in the 3DS and turn on into Homebrew Laucher (hold L and select Homebrew Laucnher)
22) Open EMUNAND9
23) Select EmuNAND Manager Options > Copy EmuNAND.bin to EmuNAND
24) Once finished, turn off the console
25) That's it! When you go back into emuNand, the eShop should work fine
>>
>>128432352
nah I'm good, go have fun with sum free vidya familia
>>
>>128430389
hahahahaha finished all that shit in just fucking 3 days hahaha now i can sleep well and fuck wife
or not, i am starting new here so i got no nintendo id linked to both emu/sysnand. can i just waltz in eshop with latest emunand and sign?
>>
File: 1434645299206.jpg (76 KB, 610x660) Image search: [Google]
1434645299206.jpg
76 KB, 610x660
>>128432485
Oh I will. Just after making lunch, it's 2.30pm and I've been at it since yesterday.
>>
>>128432358
I forgot I need to do this too, not that anon but I'm wondering if you would be able to use tinyformat from emunand to skip having to move over files?

Either way going with what you have here, im just wondering if that would be possible.
>>
Alright you niggers I'll downgrade my 3DS when I wake up later because I don't want to spend 100 bucks for Fire Emblem DLCs
How long will the whole process take from scratch?
Read through the pasta once already and shit was literally longer than a college essay
>>
File: WinVistaStartButton.png (14 KB, 54x162) Image search: [Google]
WinVistaStartButton.png
14 KB, 54x162
>>128432350
Oh, shit, I should mention, just in case, do the first part (updating) with a different SD card, just in case.
>>
>>128432676
Took me 8 hours following the retards guide.
>>
>>128431293
If you're going to pirate. Pirate in style.
Go all in. I have a 128gb PSP, and a WiiU with a 1tb vWii HDD full of games, and a 128gbSD card full of GameCube games.
>>
>>128432676
I spent around 3/4 hours and I didn't know what I was doing.
>>
>>128432730
Is that the only guide you followed?
>>
>>128432676
no more than a hour if you're not stupid

shit no joke took me like an 50 minutes to do everything
>>
>>128431973
use a smartphone for that shit
>>
>>128432804
yes from top to bottom.
Works like a charm now though.
>>
>>128432117

READ THIS:
>>128432350
>>
>>128432979
The guide in
>>128432358

works better though and is less work.
Tried it myself.
>>
So I'm completely new to any sort of homebrewing and I just ordered a jap copy of One Piece Super Grand Battle X for only $16 on amazon. What method do I use to play a Japanese cartridge on an American N3dS or 3DS
>>
Downgraded to 9.2 successfully, but having problems getting menuhax to work again. Did the browser qr exploit, it gives me several options on a purple screen, I choose HomeBrewMenu and I get black screen for top and red screen for bottom. Any tips?
>>
>>128432535
just checked eshop with 10.3 emunand and it's going in no problem. it even automaticly to my previous nintendo id even though it's brand new sd card. question: is it okay to redownload my purchase to the emunand? will it count as downloading to different machine or it count as restoring to the old system?
>>
File: tomoko2.jpg (68 KB, 1024x571) Image search: [Google]
tomoko2.jpg
68 KB, 1024x571
>>128433190
You could just have installed a CFW and gotten the Game for free.
>>
>>128432567
No, just cut/paste the emunand folder from the Nintendo 3ds folder into the SD root if you don't want to copy your files to the pc (you should, though, just in case).
>>
>>128432117
Anon, I used this one
>>128432358
worked like a charm, you don't have to update SYSNAND.
>>
So we get the homebrew shit on the SD card and THEN we downgrade, that's right yeah?
>>
Is the "PACK JUEGOS COLOMBIANOS AY AY AY" Mega links has US .cia too? there are some cia that has no region indication, I want to make sure especially FIFA 15
>>
>>128433539
ye
>>
quick question, if i install a cross-region .cia file (e.g. a E-region legit file on my U-region o3ds), would hans let me play it or would i need to boot into cfw? i haven't installed cfw yet, i'm going to do it this weekend, but installing legit cias is easy so i was just curious.
>>
What are the cons of doing this? Assuming there are any.
>>
File: AIDaAPI[1].png (68 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
AIDaAPI[1].png
68 KB, 480x280
>>128430462
>danganronpa and its sequel on your hacked vita

>mfw no vita
>mfw sequel on PSP never ever
>>
so as for update games if i cant find a .CIA patch im pretty much out of luck then or can i update my game the legit way? and for games like monster hunter can i play online without any probs or do i need to do something specific?
everything so far has gone smoothly and i dont want to fuck it up after getting it hacked and the games to run.
>>
>>128433708
Hans would let you, even without cfw

except Animal Crossing HHD
>>
im using rxtools and im trying to find out what the deal with emulation is

do i just install this
- AGB_FIRM-PatchedV2-0004013800000202.cia (with GBA BIOS boot screen)

and pre-converted rom cias?
>>
>>128433835
nice, thanks man. much appreciated.
>>
I already have some cias installed on sysNAND and I haven't done the unlink process yet because I'm retarded and forgot about it. When I format sysNAND, are all the cias going to be deleted or will taking my SD card out prevent that?
>>
>>128433731
it requires work
if you're retarded, you might brick your device
you might lose your saves/games/files if you don't follow the right preparation for those cases
>>
>>128433731
Have to wait for system and game updates.
>>
>>128433921
>if you're retarded
Fuck.
>>
>>128433805
updating* my bad
>>
>>128433856
yes, on both nands

FIRM to NAND, game to SD. L to change destination (assuming you are using FBI)
>>
>>128433382
Alright, thank you for the help, anon.
>>
Just realized I lost my digital games save data. I did went into save data backup so they might still be in on of my backups from yesterday. Is there a way to get it back?
>>
it's done, i am gone, fuck you all
>>
File: triste.jpg (17 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
triste.jpg
17 KB, 245x184
So from what I gathered I can't play nds roms on my n3ds CFW?
>>
>>128433794
both danganronpas are on PSP you retard
>>
>>128434239
sore wa chigau yo

2 never translated to english on non-vita PSP
>>
>>128434210
No you can't. Just buy a cheap flash cart for ~$10.
>>
>>128434239
>>128434329
https://danganronpa.wordpress.com/2014/02/13/announcement-super-danganronpa-2-canceled/
>>
How many of you successfully only used the retard guide?
>>
>>128434210
>>128434415
DS flashcards don't work on 3DS, hacked or not.
>>
>>128434612
it worked fine for me ran into a little hitch on booting CTR but a quick fix did that fine
>>
File: 2016-01-13 11.06.13.jpg (899 KB, 956x1308) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-13 11.06.13.jpg
899 KB, 956x1308
Found the theme i was looking for. Took forever but worth it. For those who didn't help, i hope you get kissed by a girl!

Also fuck CHMM2. I installed it as a .cia
>>
>>128434612
I didn't but I sent it to my friend and he got it going 100%
>>
>>128434612
Me.
>>
>>128434612
I did. It's pretty good id you can actually read.Some parts might require light thinking on your part though.
>>
File: Nanami.Chiaki.full.1358410.jpg (571 KB, 600x668) Image search: [Google]
Nanami.Chiaki.full.1358410.jpg
571 KB, 600x668
>>128433794
Aoi best danganronpa 1
Chiaki best danganronpa 2
>>
Just set up RxTools emuNAND 9.2.0-20U O3DS.
Whenever I try to update the emuNAND via RX-E System Settings, it crashes.

Pls help
>>
>>128434709
>i hope you get kissed by a girl!
that's lewd

also your waifu is a slut
>>
>>128434612
I had menuhax installed already before, but after that 100% success with retards guide.
>>
>>128434841
Have you unlinked them?
>>
>>128434709
>i hope you get kissed by a girl!

YOU FUCKING MONSTER!
glad you found it, enjoy your new theme
>>
>>128434709
What's the second game from the left?
>>
>>128433335
Couldn't find one anywhere and it was only $16. Wouldn't have bought it at full price
>>
>>128434709
Link where?
>>
>>128434896
Yes, folders in emuNAND do not show on sys.
>>
>>128434859
My waifu? What do you mean? I don't even know where is she from or if shes fanart. Just found the theme gorgeous and fancy for some reason.
>>
>>128433190
HANS via HBL
>>
File: drca15_zpsa98875f4[1].jpg (187 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
drca15_zpsa98875f4[1].jpg
187 KB, 512x448
>>128434803
Asahina's curves make me feel funny in my pants every time I see them.

brb
>>
>>128434920
The brown icon? Fire Emblem Fates v3.0 patch
>>128434994
Go to 3dsthem.es and the themes name is Beatrice-First Letter. Page 25 as of now.
>>
>>128435224
>Go to 3dsthem.es and the themes name is Beatrice-First Letter. Page 25 as of now.
Thank you!
>>
>>128434702
>>128434723
>>128434781
>>128434789
>>128434875
Thank you, anons. I think I'm going to do this then, you convinced me that I could do this too.
>>
File: TheFuckingBestTits.jpg (578 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
TheFuckingBestTits.jpg
578 KB, 1280x1920
>>128435219
>>
>>128435414
Any time. Enjoy that theme. Its great imho
>>
If I format my SD card, remove my emuNAND and update my system, will anything bad happen? I'm probably going to buy an N3DS tomorrow and I want to use the save data transfer to transfer my legit games+DLC to the new one and try hacking my old one so I don't have to rebuy smash DLC if I screw up
>>
Sorry sorry, but, if I followed the retards guide and have CHMM2 in my hbl launcher menu, do I still have to instal the .cia or can I just pass themes onto the themes folder on my sdroot and open them up from there? Do I need to instal hbl on emunand via .cia? Am I just booting hbl in sysNAND now?
>>
>>128434019
well fbi refuses to install the agb_firm so i give up on emulation
>>
>>128435615
Yeah, too bad 99.9% of themes are absolute rubbish. And I'm too lazy to make one myself.
>>
>>128435639
Fuck it, I'll just do it and see what happens
>>
>>128435049
> dpesnt realize that his waifu is one of the most fucked up char from anything ever.....look up euphoria vn friend
>>
>>128435569
Dude don't do that to me, I'm gonna get burns.
>>
>>128435108
Thanks anon!
>>
>>128435971
Nigga what...
>>
>>128433805
>>128434012
can some1 give me some help on this? im fine with playing offline but it would be nice to play monster hunter and such with some people.
>>
Any news out for 5.4.0 firmware?
>>
Can i format micro sd with old emunand and start installing new emunand?
>>
>>128435803
Use fbi to install devmenu and install it from there
>>
>>128436309
man i have fbi and bigbluemenu and now i need a 3rd cia installer?
>>
If I install the Europe Paper Jam cia on my US 3DS, will it brick?
>>
>>128434697
what the fuck do you even r4i?
>>
Is there any way to use FBI/NASA with ftp? I want to install MH4U in a 4GB SD card of a friend, but it has just the space to install it, I can't install then delete the .cia.
>>
File: Too_much_video_games.jpg (83 KB, 430x327) Image search: [Google]
Too_much_video_games.jpg
83 KB, 430x327
I'm searching for Mario & Luigi Dream Team, preferably EUR. Anyone?
>>
My 2DS has been downgraded since the first sys Updater release, but I'm still terrified to downgrade my N3DSXL. I don't even know which version of the sysupdater to use and I can't brick this shit because I can't justify spending 200 bucks on a fuck up.
>>
>>128436672
tell him to pull out his phone sd card

but yes fbi can install via lan
>>
>>128434697
Yes they do. You just have to buy a DSi compatible one.
>>
My 3DS freezes on the friends list and the notifications when I'm on CFW, how do I fix this?
>>
>>128436870
Did you make a Mii yet? Also wait on the screen for like 2 minutes
>>
>>128436780
Use Julian20's libkhax one, it literally can't hardbrick unless you're retarded and pick the wrong downgrade files.
>>
>>128436592
>>128436851
Well I never had a DSi, so yeah.
>>
>>128435224
>fates

is it translated?
whered you get the .cia?
>>
>>128436551
No but it will kill you irl.
>>
I keep seeing people talking about uninstalling things via FBI, is there any disadvantage in uninstalling via Data Management as usual?
>>
>>128436942
I hope you're not messing with me, anon. I'm smart enough to pick the right files, and even got the 2DS downgraded first try, but I'm still scared.
>>
File: 1451065796683.png (763 KB, 908x676) Image search: [Google]
1451065796683.png
763 KB, 908x676
>>128437029
Made me laugh.
>>
>>128436780
I did a few hours ago, with my just bought N3DS XL, use the julian20's pack, I did it at second try, then I got a black screen but removed the SD card and it worked.
If you fuck it up you can do the system recovery stuff or if it doesn't work you can try to leave it in sleep mode and it auto-updates.

>>128436825
>but yes fbi can install via lan
I wanted to know how, but
>tell him to pull out his phone sd card
maybe I'll just do that then reinstall on the other SD card, it should work too, right?
>>
>>128436551
do it in emunand, and even if it were sysnand no, as long as you install to SD

the worst that could happen is the game doesn't boot up or shows up as a black channel, which you just uninstall and try different things (including downloading a better .cia dump)
>>
Alright, I'm trying to update my emuNAND, but it keeps saying "An error has occured. Rebooting system" and resetting. What the fuck do I do? I already unlinked my NANDs.
>>
This just in! CakesFW is now also working on emuNAND 9.6+ for N3DS!
>>
>>128437258
wewww post the gbatemp post/whatever i wont use google right now do the job for me
>>
>>128437225
Same problem here.

>>128434841

Wat do
>>
>>128437167
Did you use Menuhax to get to HBL or a different exploit? I currenty have Menuhax and ironhax, and I can redo OoThax if I need to. I know there were different results for each one
>>
File: understand.jpg (59 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
understand.jpg
59 KB, 510x346
>>128436258
Yes, the process is very easy (don't use the guide on the OP)
With Emunand9tool, dump emuNAND.bin.
Put the contents of the card in your new sd.
Put the new card on the 3ds and use menuhax. If it doesn't work then install it through browserhax, you should already know how to do this.
Once in the HBL, use Emunand9tool to format the card.
After formatting, copy everything back in it, and use Emunand9tool again to inject emuNand.bin in your emuNAND.

Now you should have your emuNAND just as it was in your previous sd card.
>>
Sorry, I absolutely don't want someone to spoodfeed me.

But I'm leaving for a flight in 5 hours.

I literally have a n3dsxl 9.0 unopened in a box. It has never connected to the internet.

What guide, or methods should I google to get emunand on it and play cias. The pastebin isn't too clear... Sorry.
>>
File: CYgb4C1WAAA-Tcs.jpg large.jpg (101 KB, 1023x1070) Image search: [Google]
CYgb4C1WAAA-Tcs.jpg large.jpg
101 KB, 1023x1070
Team Rei-nand going strong.
>>
>>128437403
TODAY BRUDDAAAAAA

>>128437349
9.0 no rush
>>
LF> 3ds mega collection mega link mega
>>
>>128437325
Just menuhax, I tried with CN but idk it failed, so I just installed menuhax in a moment and it worked.
Also HBL and stuff like that work even better on N3DS, so you should have no problems. Just don't fuck it up when choosing the firmware.
>>
>>128437403
rxTools will release first, mark my words.
>>
File: 1392940695939.gif (1 MB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
1392940695939.gif
1 MB, 540x300
So is there I way I don't have to hold L everytime I wanna trigger the haxx and load the Ctrlbootmanager ?

I heard something about coldbooting.
Any guide for that?
>>
>>128437471
>9.0 no rush
actually no that's bullshit. update to 10.3 and downgrade while you still can or use an OoT/CN cart instead of browserhax

see OP for downgrade guide

>>128437535
rei says today
>>
>>128437000
3dsiso with the dlc. It has all 3 kingdoms translated but the 3rd one has text errors left and right. Rest if the dlc needs translation too and a few mire support conversation. And MyCastle conversation needs translation
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 110

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.