[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 105
File: GETTINGTHEPOINTACROSS.png (16 KB, 1063x553) Image search: [Google]
GETTINGTHEPOINTACROSS.png
16 KB, 1063x553
Getting the point across edition Edition.

Elder Thread: >>147451712

>Official news

Dark Brotherhood DLC is out!
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/darkbrotherhood
https://youtu.be/xrIdDh7_TBw [Embed]

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

First DLC dungeon pack coming soon™:
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

>Latest patch notes
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
http://www.dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
http://www.kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder+scrolls+online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Online lore portal and map
http://www.imperial-library.info/
http://uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
http://esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
http://esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
http://teso-rp.com/
http://esoacademy.com/
http://www.the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/
http://eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
https://discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
http://www.strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes
>>
File: Screenshot_20160707_225616.png (3 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160707_225616.png
3 MB, 1680x1050
>>
/v/ culture will never die
>>
>>147787483
Are you somehow implying it's not already dead? :p
>>
So... how are those tabards coming along
>>
File: Psychicguard.jpg (68 KB, 407x378) Image search: [Google]
Psychicguard.jpg
68 KB, 407x378
>blade of woe kill someone to get unobstructed access to a lockbox
>someone with their back turned toward the crime halfway across a large room currently beating up a sparring dummy witnesses the crime and reports it for a 700g bounty.

You'd think the distance and fact that she's distracted and has her back toward me would prevent her from witnessing...
>>
I need someone to bite me, there any werewolves here willing to lend me a hand?
>>
>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?

Can I REALLY? Like, at what point does this actually stop being a thing
>>
>>147792350
probably never will, casual retards everywhere
>>
>>147792206
Platform/server/alliance?
>>
>>147792350
So far it's only in one dungeon and we don't know if it can't be done, it's just that all guilds running the veteran Maw of Lorkhaj do it competetively and as such min-max, meaning you'll be getting a DK tank and Templar healer.
>>
>>147793915
Correct that, it's a 12-man raid. But yea the same shit applies.
>>
>>147793818
pc/shouldn'tmatter/Delicious Flat Chest
>>
>>147794395
How do you think the server doesn't matter? not everyone here is either trumparican nor eurofag.
>>
>>147794395
If you're going to be that obtuse why bother answering?

Go ask a guild you're a member of they should bite you for free.
>>
>>147794548
Ah my bad, I thought they had a system setup where there was one big server and it transferred you between gateways as needed, but if they have them set up regionally that makes sense.

Murica.
>>
>>147794754
Haha yeah... guilds ;-;
>>
>get the exact same crime spree quest 4x in a row

Boy this gets boring. But without putting points into pickpocketing it's just not worth it to deal with the RNG bounties
>>
>>147795774
Just bloody join the TESOG ones. So far the faggotry is low to non-existing. And I've yet to see someone spouting meme's.
>>
> Streak gets a nerf
> Streak gets nefed once again
> Streak now gets you banned
Thank you Zenimax
>>
>>147796428
you're clearly not online when the squad is
>>
>>147796040
Abandon the quest if you don't like it.
>>
>>147798316

Need to raise my thief guild rank. Crime spree is the only one that doesn't involve pickpocketing. I was just hoping to get different locations but it's been giving me the same locations every time.
>>
>>147798375
Abandon the one you got and take another one.
>>
File: ffs.jpg (32 KB, 252x307) Image search: [Google]
ffs.jpg
32 KB, 252x307
>it's a the writ uses rubedo leather episode
>>
>>147798504

I have been. and I keep getting the same one. Greenshade->Malabal Tor->Reaper's March

I hardly ever get any for DC or EP areas.
>>
>>147798595

why even do T10 writs? I thought only T9 writs gave craglorn surveys for crux.
>>
>>147798768
Because I wanted that guy to make gear. Still makes money even if there's an expensive mat tho
>>
Volatile armor or hardened armor tesog?
>>
>>147799017

... if you're already on tier 10 aren't you done leveling up the craft?
>>
>>147799173

Hardened. The shield is actually really good for pulls, prevents your healer from taking aggro before you can taunt.
>>
>>147799415
Yes.
>>
>>147799601

so.. clarify for me why you're doing writs? I mean T9 I'd understand for crux, maybe glass motifs. But do T10's even give crux and glass motifs?
>>
>>147799747
Doing them for gold and the gold tempers. No to crux on the surveys, yes to the other stuff. The reason why this guy isn't doing the craglorn level writs is because I still make stuff with him.
>>
>no option to hunt down players who are degenerate vampires/werewolves
>>
so question...

Initially I had leveled up an Argonian Tank DK, and this was a character from launch so at the time, for dps DK's were all magicka, fire damage, there was no poison damage and stam was shit. So basically I leveled all in heavy armor, sword and board, with an inferno staff for solo questing. Yes it was slow and miserable. I only started using 1 piece of medium and 1 piece of light when undaunted passives hit when I was already VR12 and had done all the Silver/Gold content, so leveling those armor types has been slow. Now I have done all the content except the last little bit of the DB questline, so quests are all dried up almost, just dailies I can do left, so switching to stam DK not really an option.

With the race changes coming Argonian becomes shit for tank so I'm going to need to buy a race (and name, because I gave my argonian an argonian name..) change. Should I:

1. Make it a Dark Elf Magicka DPS (since I have all the magicka morphs and Destruction staff maxed anyway). I started borrowing my sorcerer's gear so my light armor is at 44 now.
2. Change it to Imperial or Nord and keep it tank, even though I don't have friends to tank for anymore and haven't actually tanked anything since VR14..
3. Just leave it to rot and level up my level 4 Dunmer DK that I was going to play for a dps dk at some point
4. Leave the Argonian to Rot, Delete the Dunmer (really only loss is some gold in expanding inventory space and mount speed), and make a Redguard Stamina DK? I know Khajiit is going to be better in the change but after having played an animal character for so long I don't want to make a furry.
>>
>>147803053
There really should be a lot more, or any at all, PvP in PvE environments. The justice system is a joke. Hopeful they'll revisit it once "One Tamriel" rolls out since everyone will be scaled anyway.

> Duels, proper tournaments where people get invited to a mansion where people can watch or compete, completely controlled and fixed by the mansion owner
> Proper justice system; If you get a bounty, other people should be able to claim it if they beforehand have flagged themselves as bounty hunters; to engage in PvP someone have to have a bounty, and the bounty-hunter can choose to attack or not. If the bounty-hunter doesn't attack nothing happens.

Just imagine gangs of criminals roaming around and trying to taunt and trick fresh bounty-hunters into attacking them, or entire guilds taking up the mantle to stop the criminal scum.
>>
>>147803252
I think you should keep the argonian tank and git gud
>>
>>147803704

there is no reason to keep a tank DK as an argonian once the changes go through.

At launch, Argonian DK tank made sense. Nord's damage reduction didn't factor in because you were softcapped on armor (it was just an armor bonus) anyway, and Imperial health modifiers were also moot because of softcaps to health. So incoming healing was pretty good for tanks, the only thing that was arguably better was red diamond on Imperial because of a bug with caltrops (Imp tanks could heal constantly just by laying caltrops on top of the boss)

But things have changed. Now argonian is going to be no better than like.. Altmer for tank.
>>
>>147803587
Justice system was to be PVP but they dropped it because of carebears
>>
>>147787338
Woah wait.... can you actually play a skeleman in this game?
>>
>>147804640
DLC race
>>
>>147804640
Do not listen to this man >>147804759
You get it from doing a quest in the base game.
>>
>>147786373
>[Embed] [Embed]
Anyway, good to see there's someone else out there!
>>
>>147787483
It literally died with the cucking, you're just feasting on its rotting corpse, like anyone who browses /v/
>>
>>147803587

as long as dueling is not open but quarantined within instanced areas like an arena or mansion as you said. I just don't want the outside of Ironforge in this game.
>>
File: dark souls waifu(male).jpg (289 KB, 964x1020) Image search: [Google]
dark souls waifu(male).jpg
289 KB, 964x1020
Is this game worth playing?
>>
>>147805174
yes
>>
>>147804996
Yea, for all I care it could be forced to either be outside the cities (like the NPC duels) or placed at designated Arenas in each zone. I just want more stuff placed into the hands of the players. The housing is a good step, I just hope they don't fuck it up and actually allows us to have a lot of options to do whatever we want in them.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160706_183017.jpg (732 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160706_183017.jpg
732 KB, 1920x1080
>>147805479

I've seen some NPC's duel in Anvil. I mean I've seen the mage duels in the wild too but there was actually a pair of fist fighting NPC's outside of a tavern in Anvil. They were calling each other ugly and shit to piss each other off too. I think it was an Imperial male and he beat a Nord female.

Then they walked into the Tavern and got drinks together.
>>
File: eso64 2016-07-08 08-18-41-32.jpg (376 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
eso64 2016-07-08 08-18-41-32.jpg
376 KB, 1920x1080
>>147805704
>Upgrading gear from level 16
>Was crafted for me with the Argonian style
>Decide to try Nord
Ehh, not really my style, but it's not bad. I'll live with it until I get to level 40 then I'll just craft a new set again.
>>
>>147795774
The general's guild is actually pretty good. Memeing is at a minimum, and the people are pretty chill.

>>147805174
Most fun MMO I've played in a long time. I'd actually rather play this than get back into WoW or FFXIV even though my friends are playing those. I thought the game was gonna be crap, but it's far surpassed my expectations so far. If you like PvP, then the Imperial City DLC will make you cry tears of joy.
>>
>>147805704
That's sexist!
>>
>>147805913

Equal rights equal fights, I mean he certainly didn't see her as a "weaker sex" and it was a close fist fight and she was taller and bigger than him.

So pretty fair fight.
>>
>>147806020
B-but she lost, so he literally raped her!
I know, I know
>>
>>147806168

Nah the rape came later after they went into the tavern for drinks together.
>>
File: 1442169989723.jpg (104 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1442169989723.jpg
104 KB, 500x333
>>147805704
>>147806020
>>147806369
>>
>watching an ESO stream and some guy is manning 3 trebuchets all by himself
Why have I not thought of this.
>>
Is there any reason to do alchemist writs? What's the best things you can get from them?
>>
>>147807086

>get less xp than just crafting a potion
>no gold temper items or anything like that
>get 3 reagent water and a few mats maybe a survey to some mats

Not really. some people argued it was good for leveling with but it's better to just crank out potions.
>>
>>147807086
Very quick to finish, and the 666 gold + few regs/water make it easily worth it.
>>
>>147807935
>>147807086
I should add, all the writs are worth doing for quick gold in your daily routine. Get lazy writ creator and the potion maker addons and you can knock them out and get your 4k gold in short order. Keep the skill at the second highest level to hand in at craglorn for the chance at nirncrux with the surveys unless you plan to make stuff you want to use. I have two characters I do the writs with - the gold reward is related to character level: 666 gold for max lvl, some lower amount for low level character, doesn't matter if you're handing in the writs to the starter zone, gold can still be 666, but higher level writs do seem to have better chance at the good tempers.
>>
>>147808369
I do all writs except alchemist, but if the only thing alch gets is a chance at nirncrux, I'm not sure it's worth doing.

Actually it probably is. Well other than the detour to Belkarth. My other alts are at max because I find getting void mats too hard.
>>
>>147808616
Time spent for the gold and items you get is probably still better than any other quest or activity other than trading and other writs.
>>
>>147809147
On that note I can't wait for One Tamriel so I can use Rawl'Kha as my crating place, so the boards, stations, bank and wayshrine are close to each other.
>>
Does legitimate pve exist in this game? I really like the class system and build variety and shit, but the only draw for me in MMOs is endgame pve shit.
>>
>>147809649
There's trials and vet dungeons to do as far as pve goes. I'd apply for a decent PvE guild for consistent groups/raids.
>>
>>147809313
Rawl'kha is going to be so packed when that patch/exp comes out. I wonder how hard it will be to join one of the trading guilds there.
>>
>>147809774
cool, good to know.
>>
>>147809802
Aren't the main trading guilds at Craglorn atm?
They'll probably start migrating to Rawl'kha, so just join them now.
>>
>>147809802
>tfw my trade guild got kicked out of rawl'kha by another
>tfw I join the trade guild that kicked us out

feelsgoodman
>>
>>147809903
Rawl'kha is the go-to trade hub, along with deshaan, stormhaven.
>>
>>147809903
na pc craglorn is ded
>>
>>147809903
Only nirncrux-related businesses are done there afaik.
>>
Why the fuck did they make T10 crafting cost so much material? Back when T9 (voidstone/shadowhide) was the top tier material it didn't cost that much and you actually got a decent amount of material when you deconstructed shit. Having to grab 700+ in a material to craft a full suit is just frustrating more than anything else.
>>
potential noob here. Did basic research, know basic games systems. is a magica nb vampire lifesteal style tank build viable for pve content? resto staff/fire staff, dunmer.

Refreshing path, swallow soul, invigorating drain (spam spell), inner fire, mutagen, and devouring swarm?

Shadow Barrier passive on refreshing path+Mutagen to handle burst damage. Endless self healing to handle sustained damage or burst periods.
>>
>>147810560
>tank build
>resto staff/fire staff

I know you can figure this out, anon
>>
>>147810646
i know. I'm just wondering how much of a raw requirement a shield is and if i can remove the requirement through superior lifesteal.
>>
>>147810319
The costs aren't so drastic that you can't craft a set or two with the gold you'll have when you hit 160. I guess they wanted the top tier material to sit above the vendor price - keep some value.
>>
>>147810691
>how much of a raw requirement a shield is

pretty raw, seeing as s&b is the only weapon tree with taunt
>>
>>147810691
i tank/heal/dps in runs if we're desperate

i have 17k health
i don't die
i pull 20k+
the group doesn't die because funnel health
i run destro/destro and inner fire
nbs are fun that way
>>
>>147811229
except inner fire is a taunt
>>
>>147798595
>using a reaction pic from dream high
ayy
>>
>>147810560
>is a magica nb vampire lifesteal style tank build viable for pve content?
>I'm just wondering how much of a raw requirement a shield is and if i can remove the requirement through superior lifesteal.

SB is an absolute requirement for proper tanking. There is no way around it, you NEED the block mitigation, and it is the most efficient means for hitting the armour cap. Contrary to what this anon says >>147811229 however, you don't need the taunt. Unless you are a DK (and consequentially have chains), you NEED the ranged undaunted taunt. There is no substitute in spread out fights, you can't afford to be running around taunting things, you need to be able to bring enemies to you.

On the subject of NB tanks, NB tanks are extremely strong (IMO on par with DK, saying that as a magNB tank that has run all trials except vMoL), but they are pretty complex. Their buff rotation is a lot more hectic than a DK's, as their major ward/resolve buff is only 11 seconds duration, and they need to keep 5 different buffs up constantly to be most effective (Refreshing Path, Siphoning Attacks, Mirage, Structured Entropy and Swallow Soul) on top of keeping the taunts up.

If you are new, you want to focus on having decent gear, as this is vital for NB tanks more than most, as your sustain is based on your damage rather than percentages like DK. You want to level your crafting, especially blacksmithing, and get researching traits, as the best armour is high trait stuff (my preferred magNB tank set being Kagrenac's Hope, which is 8 trait). You will also want to save money for Willpower jewelry, which is pretty important, as well as spell damage enchantments to put on them. Beyond armour, it's also super important to have enchanting leveled, or else you will get jewed on your glyphs, as well as provisioning and alchemy, as access to proper food is fantastic from the start, and vital at endgame, as is access to proper potions (don't waste mats on potions under CP160 though).
>>
>Keep getting randomly kicked back to login screen randomly every so often
>No error message
>Not disconnected from the internet
>Only been happening over the last week or so

Anyone else experiencing this? Getting really fucking frustrating. I'm on the EU server.
>>
>>147814465
happens to me too sporadically

started happening a week or two ago as well. na pc
>>
>>147814465
That and 1000ms ping out of nowhere.
>>
Are stampler viable in lategame? Friends and I started playing the game again and everyone made a new char. Because I already have a NB and had some fun with a templar healer (leveled him from lvl1 to V5 some time ago) I created a Templar and wanted to make a Jack of all trades kinda dude and now I wanted to ask you if you think that that kinda thing is even viable.
>>
>>147814465
It may not be the only reason, but for me that happened because the game can't tolerate more than two seconds or so of the connection being broken. Also, it may not look like the internet goes down, because it only has to stop briefly anywhere between you and the game, other bits of the internet can be fine.
>>
>>147815461
Stamplars are very good late/endgame. You'd be best going for only one role, reason being for maximum effectiveness. Don't get me wrong, you can be a tanky DPS with decent self heals, but it would be detrimental to spread your role across the whole board as a jack of all trades, Pve or PvP scenario included.
>>
>>147810691
The only class I know off that can tank without a shield are sorcerers who stack barriers but that is NOT something I recommend for beginners.

Such a tank relies on Overload to restore magicka that he later transform into stamina and health trough Dark deal. Such a tank generally don't need a healer but he's fucked once he runs out of juice.
>>
>>147817183
Not sure what it's like for Stamplar but being slightly more jack-of-all-trades is a pretty good route for a Magplar in PvP. In fact, most classes in PvP require you to sacrifice something to increase your survivability (the minimum for a stam builds focused on damage is obviously running Vigor).
>>
File: Bazrag.jpg (239 KB, 750x350) Image search: [Google]
Bazrag.jpg
239 KB, 750x350
Is Orsinium still part of the Daggerfall Covenant after the crowning of Bazrag?
>>
File: PressF.jpg (309 KB, 750x350) Image search: [Google]
PressF.jpg
309 KB, 750x350
>>147818052

F
>>
>>147818264
>Press F to pay respects
That's a tusking /v/ tier.
Leave.
>>
>>147818052
Yes, as there's still a war to win! However, as part of the war-treaty no armies of the covenant, Whether breton or redguard are allowed in orsinium. Due to both previous races numerous sackings and destruction of previous orsiniums.
>>
>>147819082
>MUH /V/

Fuck off cuck.
>>
File: disgust.png (409 KB, 600x895) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
409 KB, 600x895
>>147819346
>Fuck off cuck.
You're a disgrace to /tesog/.
>>
>>147819585
>disgust.png

Don't get too triggered there fag.
>>
Does anyone have a good video of elder scrolls online of what it's about now in 2016, Every video I find isn't really good, and I'm kinda interested.
>>
>>147819346
>anyone still browsing /v/ calling someone else cuck
>>>/gawker/
>>
>>147821345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjP5S5hip6s
>>
File: 3252.jpg (236 KB, 960x658) Image search: [Google]
3252.jpg
236 KB, 960x658
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UNjMTuQuB8
Aged male is the best.
ZOS should record beast race bards too.
>>
>>147821345
DLC DLC DLC LSD LCD DLC DLC LCD DLC DLC DLC DLC
>>
If I wanna use a 2H sword is there a class that's best at it?
>>
>>147823878
Literally anything that uses stamina
>>
>>147824149
You know what I'm asking, What's the difference between a Dragon knight a Templar a sorcerer and a nightblade using a 2H
>>
>>147824272
no difference
>>
>>147824272
No difference really. Just the way the class is played is different.
>>
>>147824443
Then type out the difference, are they all viable in min/maxing.
>>
>>147824492
are you retarded? there is no difference. if you want to use a 2h on a stamina nightblade, go ahead, it will work great. you want to use a 2h on a stamina dragonknight? go ahead, it will work great. you want to use a 2h on a stamina sorcerer? go ahead, it will work great. stamina templar? yes 2h works great. what don't you get? there is no difference.
>>
>>147824492
Yes but it would take too long to explain.

Actually currently the top stam dps builds all run the same skills except for one or two class specific ones so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>147824492
It's difficult since every build/playstyle varies. DK/templar i would reckon mirror eachother and differ in minor roles, that stamplar is a little better with self healing while being tanky.
Stam sorc i have yet to play, gotta watch Fengrush for that, he's a good SS. Stamblade would revolve around high-burst, stealthing if they can't kill the target. These are all PvP-centric scenarios, PvE wouldn't differ too much, maybe a different lineup of abilities. Attack weaving/animation cancelling should remain the same.
>>
>>147824694
>>147824718
>>147824815
Thank you, sorry just a newfag trying to get my head around it.
>>147824815
I do like a paladin, are there any "cool" abilities that Dragon knights have?
>>
>>147825471
I'd go for a templar if you wanna be more like a paladin. DK's can breathe fire, strike with a claw of fire, do a dragon leap, flex scales, and have a neat fire whip. There's many more.
>>
>>147825841
And do Templar get cool abilities like that?
>>
>>147826073
You can chuck spears of light, stab with a javelin, and charge with a spear. Ultimate is calling down this blob of sunlight or a sweep of spears i think.
>>
>>147824718
>except for one or two class specific ones so it doesn't really matter.

Class passives also factor into things but I'd say they're generally a lot closer now than they have been for a while. I'm still pretty jealous of NB passives though, the main thing they're missing is access to a form of Mending.
>>
>>147826256
Thanks mate!, Makes it hard to choose between them
>>
>>147826407

I'd argue that Stam DKs are stronger than Stamplars overall if you're interested in mix-maxing.
>>
>>147826512
I'm not really I just thought if I mentioned it people will give more in depth answers than anything can do anything.
>>
>>147826512
What's so good about stam DKs? Their ults look better, but their abilities don't look great.
>>
Sell or use Argonian Crafting Motif?
>>
>>147830081
If you're crafting equipment, use it. If not, sell it.
>>
>>147830081
use all the blue motifs, they're common as fuck
>>
So if I buy a new horse, will all my stats from my imperial mount move over to that one, or will it be a fresh horse?
>>
>>147830081
Since all the basic motifs are worth 100g, learn them and sell the rest. Or give it away.
>>
>>147830691
stats are tied to your character rather than the mount, so yeah they'll move over.
>>
>>147830691
Stats apply to the rider, not the mount so new mounts will perform as well as the old one.
>>
File: baffled frog.jpg (54 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
baffled frog.jpg
54 KB, 499x499
>men playing female chars
>>
>>147831167
>transexuals exist Kappa
>>
What mundus stone should I use while leveling a stamina dk or nb?
>>
>>147831167
>not wanting to be a girl
heh w-what are you, gay?
>>
Is there some addon which everyone must use?
>>
>>147830207
>>147830249
>>147830728
similar question, I'm assuming all of these blue provisioning recipes I'm finding aren't worth anything either right?
>>
>>147831167
Idk man I'd rather stare at a curvy, good looking, big ass\titted woman than some man.

Looks like you're the gay here, champ. Good job shooting yourself in the foot there.
>>
>>147832005
>teso
>good looking woman
>>
>>147831920
check minion's most downloaded ones, most are self explanatory
>>
>>147832005
So you dress as a woman as well irl? you know, to see some feminine clothes and all that.
>>
>>147832005
>massively multiplayer online ROLE-PLAYING-GAME
It's fine if you want to be a woman. Just admit it to yourself.
>>
>>147832285
why wouldn't you want to dress like a hot chick? what are you gay?
>>
>>147831167
I'd rather play barbie with a cute scaley girl than a guy.

That said, I try to keep a fairly even spread.
Humans are male, non-Humans are female, sorted!
>>
>>147832831
>I want to take a dick up my arse. T-thats not gay. YOU ARE GAY.
>>
>>147832005
You should probably start HRT and you should also have a plastic surgery. When you take a look in the mirror, you'd rather stare at a curvy, good looking, big ass\titted woman than some ugly man.
>>
>>147833084
Even having a dick to look at is gay! only lesbians are not gay!
>>
>>147832285
Would you rather watch two near naked men fight and run around or two near naked women do the same?

Fucking faggot I bet you're a fag in denial.
>>
>>147833202
>watching a female do stuff is more gay than watching a man do stuff in a vidya game

It's almost like you want people to know you're retarded
>>
>>147833446
looking in the mirror is gay af tbqh
>>
File: 140694797908.jpg (70 KB, 810x780) Image search: [Google]
140694797908.jpg
70 KB, 810x780
>>147833084
It's not gay if balls aren't touching.
>>
>>147831167
word
it's only okay when the canon character is female
like the sorc in d3 and the high elf in eso
>>
>>147831973
Blue provisioning recipes are worth a few hundred gold (PC EU). Green recipes are sold for less than 50g. You should learn them yourself before selling. Provisioning is easy to level and you want to make your own food. You can find all levels of green recipes for really cheap and ingredients are cheap too and not hard to gather either.
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 128x120) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 128x120
>>147822423
> Spamming wrecking blow
> Nightblade
> Don't know any mechanics
> Shittalking nerds
It's a perfect representation of pug groups, I love it
>>
>>147834005
>> Don't know any mechanics
You are not supposed to know 'em for the first time.
>>
>>147833945
>Blue provisioning recipes are worth a few hundred gold (PC EU
Really??
>>
>>147834396
Why is that surprising?
>>
>>147834568
Because I've found so many of them I thought they were worthless
>>
>>147834568
I just figured no one would give two shits about food buffs at level 20
>>
>>147831167

>not having a mix of both male and female characters in an RPG

You're roleplaying a character, not self inserting.
>>
>>147835146

Oh, dude, I made hundreds of thousands of gold off selling tier 2 and 3 provisioning recipes back in the day. They were selling for 3k (blue) and 1500-2k (green). This was before the justice system even so it was really easy to farm. You just needed characters at the right levels.
>>
>>147835251
I know, I just kinda don't want to roleplay a woman.
>>
>>147831167
I was gonna have some stupid green text response about wanting to be a grill, but >>147831490 beat me to it.
>>
>>147836224

I like having different things. It'd be boring if I made all my characters imperial males that look like me.
>>
File: 558632.gif (2 MB, 350x266) Image search: [Google]
558632.gif
2 MB, 350x266
>>147834162
Oh I wasn't shitting on him or on pugs, just pointing out that it's fairly common to encounter someone who haven't done whatever veteran dungeon you're doing and in this case it's fairly obvious why no one knew the mechanics.
>>
>>147831167
My main is male, but I also got 3 other characters.

Orc male sorcerer because I ain't no Warchiefs bitch, high elf female templar because it's a known fact that all male altmer are gay and dark elf female dragonknight because they are the BDSM race. Every time my DK cracks that molten whip my dick twitches just a little

There are countless forum threads across all MMOs where someone asks why would a male play a female character, and every one of those threads is exactly the same.

The best answer that I think applies to this is >>147835251

My reasoning for picking character genders is actually a lot more complex than what I wrote above and I put way more thought into it than I should, because autism, but essentially it all comes down to what animations the game has for each gender, what armors, what class it will be, what race is it. Basically, aesthetics.

But if you feel insecure playing with a female character, I might have some bad news for you it's ok tho, transsexuals are becoming more and more accepted
>>
>>147836530
Yeah I actually don't try to make my chars look like me (even though I like my looks lol), I prefer them to be sort of independent entities guided by my will.

Guys, how to get back on track with crafting levels? Leveling CP has been super fast after hitting level 50 due to enlightenment and now the gear I can craft is going to be 2 whole tiers below what at-level mobs can drop in a moment.
>>
>>147836994
>[Deleted]
We do not forget, we do not f.. something something, archives.

Steal shit and launder it, then deconstruct for tailor, blacksmith, woodworking. Alchemy and cooking are super easy, and enchanting is hard, GL.
>>
>>147837973
I actually only don't have problems with enchanting since I have a shitload of banked runes to make glyphs from. I also bought lots of jejotas from guild stores since they're cheap and always level it making green glyphs, it's faster
>>
>Check the ESO site
>Notice the Breton Hero costume is coming out
>Only ever bought 2 costumes with my Crowns
>Tempted to buy the Hero costume
>Remember how many Crown shekels the other ones cost

Tempted to be a huge goy and buy it still. I want to make my Magicka NB look as edgey as possible.
>>
>>147821345
Here's some promotional stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU8CPK2pGW0
>>
>>147834787
There's collectors who want every recipe so any recipe will sell eventually if your selling price is right. Though I wouldn't bother with greens since they sell for so little.
>>
Anything worthwhile I can do with the 500 crowns you start with?
>>
>>147844631
no
>>
>>147844631
there's nothing at all on the store for 500 crowns that would be worth getting. most worthwhile thing you can do is save them
>>
File: 1467754115367.png (814 KB, 781x630) Image search: [Google]
1467754115367.png
814 KB, 781x630
ESO LIVE UP IN 5 MINS
GET READY FOR NEW CROWN STORE BULLSHIT AND "WE'RE WORKING ON THE PVP" LIPSERVICE

www DOT twitch DOT tv SLASH zenimaxonlinestudios
>>
>>147844631
I've recently asked the hairdresser to recommend some hair products to turn my jewfro into normal human hair, so take anything I say with a grain of salt, but with the eso+ crowns from next month you could get a horse. With the eso+ crowns from subsequent months, some of the DLCs would be a good bet - wrothgar first, then IC, then maybe save up for a big pvp DLC if it happens, or another story DLC. There's not a lot you truly need. You can knock over the other DLCs easily in an eso+ month on your main and your magicka sorc crafting alt, so you prob don't need to buy them, and the little critter pets are only there if you're into cutesy shit. Some of the expensive vanity mounts can be worth it tho if you are entertained by triggering people that get mad about that shit. Like that blue glowing cat mount. 10/10, would trigger rawlkha again.
>>
>>147831312
Anyone?
>>
>>147847609
tower
>>
do items that were previously available in the crown store rotate? like, will they be available again at some point?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (130 KB, 1271x650) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
130 KB, 1271x650
as if we needed more proof that ZOS are turbojews
>>
>>147848282

Gina's actually pretty cool for a community mod.
>>
>>147848081
Sometimes, but there's no guarantees.
>>
Which is more fun, stam NB or stam DK?
>>
I keep reading people saying that it's definitely possible to regret your race decision later on, but is it really that bad if you fuck up? These bonuses are literally like 5% boosts, it can't be that bad unless you are some top level pvp autist or something right?
>>
>>147849886
Actually those bonuses help/hurt more in pve, since if you're good you can just out play them.

You can definitely get shit on dps wise if you aren't optimal race end game. The racial bonuses in this game are pretty relevant compared to most mmos.
>>
dueling confirmed
>>
>>147848867
I'd say the german one is the most based. He's the most forward one of them.
>>
>>147849886
They matter.
I wish every single day that I had made every character I have a breton instead.
>>
Duelling and Battlegrounds confirmed as "competetive" pvp.
>>
>>147848282
I have always thought that Gina and Matt look jewish but are they really?
>>
>>147852084
>>147851686
>>147846826
>>147848282

everyone got real pissed about one of the answers, but I missed it. what were they talking about?
>>
>>147852348
Duelling and Arenas not coming until next year. People are retarded for not understanding we get 4 dlc + updates per year. So there's only one left after Shadow of the Hist, the One Tamriel one.
>>
Hey OP, http://www.the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/ is kill, please remove next thread.
>>
>>147852598

>people actually want a cluster of 50 niggers dueling inside the bank in Elden Root and Daggerfall
>>
>>147847763
Is extra stamina that important while lvling?
>>
> "That's a fair point. Can't argue with that"
> Leaves it at that
Goddamit
>>
>>147853905
>I didn't think of it, oh well, who gives a shit
>>
>>147853905
>>147853992
For anyone wondering it was why Bretons got the AP bonus instead of Imperials, that actual fight in their own homeland.
>>
I heard that Redguards are getting fucked with again, new racials when?
>>
>>147853554
>inside the bank

what kind of retard would want to duel in such a closed space
>>
>>147854656
aoe spamming cucks
>>
Someone please help me with Error 210 Patch manifest error.

I want to play, but dont know how.
>>
>tfw helped Lamias in that Coldharbour quest because that friendly snek was cute and wood elves are cucks anyway
>>
How do you guys decide on a name? Are you an autistic role player, hilarious funny meme lord, or do you just use your general online nickname (which can still be either of the former)?
>>
>>147854884
http:// bfy .tw /6esz
>>
File: Capture.png (806 KB, 959x571) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
806 KB, 959x571
After ditching the Steam version and downloading it from the official site I got this error. I repair and nothing happens. Thanks a lot /tesog/, Steam version was fine.

Do not fall for the meme like I did.
>>
>>147855007
Following lore regulations and make something fun out of it. An Imperial named "Rebellium Gallus", meaning "Uprising cock". A Khajiit named Ja'mal. Argonian names pretty much write themselves.
>>
>>147855965
chances are you did a piss poor job of "ditching the Steam version" and left a bunch of files and temp files on your disk which have cluttered and confused the proper patching system because you are an idiot that buys things on Steam

You didn't get memed on, you memed yourself.
>>
File: mfw Im Marvin The Martian.jpg (385 KB, 846x1023) Image search: [Google]
mfw Im Marvin The Martian.jpg
385 KB, 846x1023
>running my Templar through Ebonheart stuff
>going to (back) to Skyrim (from a player standpoint)
>It's fucking Windhelm and Riften
>Not glorious Solitude or Markarth
>Expectations low
>Arrive and Windhelm honestly looks fucking beautiful compared to in Skyrim proper
>Also feels bigger and more like a legit city
>mfw

Why the hell did a single player game fail at making one of the capitals of Skyrim feel like a city while an MMO succeeded?
>>
>>147856840
because the developers put their focus into Windhelm as a capital city, one of essentially two; whereas Bethesda was busy trying to spread content between 9 holds
>>
>>147855007
I can usually think of a lore friendly name pretty easily, but if I'm stuck I just look at the list of names on the UESP and make my own from there.
>>
Buying.

Selling.

Trading.

Right here!
>>
>>147857095
Makes me wonder how mournhold in TESO compares to Mournhold in the Morrowind DLC?
>>
>>147857553
Your face could curdle milk. Keep walking.
>>
which class has the best buffs for team support?
>>
File: 1458271151189.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1458271151189.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>no hand to hand skill tree
>>
>>147858539
all_out_of_shouldercookies.jpg
>>
>>147858935
they matter more than argonian lives
>>
>>147856840
The guild trades adds a lot, they make the cities feel more alive. Once housing arrives I'm expecting guilds to hold parties in the houses that spreads to the streets.
>>
damn that Ayleid king fuck is so badass
he's fucking perfect :3
tfw no Ayleid armour
>>
>>147859219
You think they are going to have housing be in the physical world? Do you think it will limit who can have housing or just accept people has having different instances of the same house?

>holding parties in houses
I was so fucking annoyed I couldn't do this in Skyrim with my homes.

I'm a thane of nine holds, Harbinger of the Companions, Headmaster of Winterhold College, The fucking Dragonborn...

And I couldn't invite my friends over for a party to my new homestead in Falkreath.

>>147858935
Do you mean "Black" like Redguard or "black" like actually black like Dunmer?

>>147858539
>not even special 'knuckles/cestus' skins for dual wielding

I know that feel, bro.

>>147855007
I usually try sticking with lore, possibly squeeze in a funny reference somewhere like my Redguard DK is "Rassid Alhazred", his surname being a reference to the proported author of the Necronomicon and a punny pseudonym Lovecraft used.
>>
>>147859462
Why don't Ayleid have mer in their name
>>
Is one hand + sheild just pointless? I feel like I don't even see tanks using it over two handers or something.
>>
File: tes3 mournhold.jpg (620 KB, 1317x1558) Image search: [Google]
tes3 mournhold.jpg
620 KB, 1317x1558
>>147857787

the cities look nothing alike. TESO's dev team never played Morrowind and it shows.

They made Skyrim areas and Cyrodiil fairly faithful to the single player games as far as town layouts go, but Mournhold looks nothing like what it was in TES3. People can excuse it as "well this takes place 1000 years before Skyrim!" okay so 750 years before Morrowind.. so why are wooden buildings in Skyrim the same 1000 years ago and villages in Cyrodiil are the same in Oblivion despite being in a war, but stone buildings in Mournhold are completely rearranged?
>>
>>147859462

There is, Ancient Elf motif
>>
>>147860814
it looks just like it wtf are yo on about
>>
>>147848867
>pretty cool for a community mod.
That's not exactly high praise, Anon.
>>
File: Mournhold_Map.png (1 MB, 752x754) Image search: [Google]
Mournhold_Map.png
1 MB, 752x754
>>147861072

oh yeah, sure does.

The temple isn't on top of a hill in TES3, and where's the palace, the walls, Godsreach, the fountain with Amalexia fighting Mehrunes Dagon?
>>
>>147860426
ayleids had different names for all elves. high elves were not called "altmer" in their language, dark elves weren't called "dunmer", etc., but something else, don't remember what exactly. point is, it's all about their language
>>
>>147861271
Worst part probably is the lack of proper walls.
>>
>>147860814
>>147861271
fucking hell, that is pretty damn drastic. I hope they do just a bit better with Vvardenfell.

Though, at least with ESO, the one thing I can say is that compared to the TES3 Mournhold, the ESO one just looks 'incomplete', like the city is still growing.

Though that doesn't make much more sense since Mournhold's been around since the first era. Still, it does at least look like ESO Mournhold can and will one day grow into the circular city.
>>
File: ready up.jpg (81 KB, 487x672) Image search: [Google]
ready up.jpg
81 KB, 487x672
>>147861165

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. I hate most community mods. LotRO's especially.

Despite fucking up their game, I always did like Arenanet as devs though, say what you want about GW2 but it's kind of cool that they log in visibly and play with other players, you'll randomly fight against them in PVP matches or in a WvW zerg with them or doing map meta events sometimes you'll pug a dungeon and there's an anet dev who just randomly joins the group.

I ran a jumping puzzle with one of their environmental artists and showed her a hole in the world. We went through the hole and found ourselves under the map and ran around confusing the fuck out of people because they could see our /says and occasionally we could do damage to the mobs from under the floor, but they didn't know where we were.

pic related the dev I exploited the game with.
>>
>>147860426
because they're special snowflakes. They were descended from the Aldmer, so maybe they referred to themselves as such.
>>
>>147856840
Budget.
Everything in TESO makes Skyrim look like it was banged out in a few months. I hope future games in the single player series get better budgets than Skyrim did.
>>
>>147860814
If the cities looked alike it would be lore breaking

"In 2E 582, Mournhold was infiltrated by the Maulborn, a secretive Daedric cult posing as a charity organization. Because of this, the city was on high alert and no one could enter without being registered. Part of the Maulborn force managed to enter the Tribunal Temple through the sewers and opened portals to Oblivion inside. They were eventually defeated by the Vestige, who worked with Almalexia to eradicate the Maulborn threat. However, the cult was able to steal the artifact The Judgment of Saint Veloth from the temple. During the Alliance War, it served as the capital of the Ebonheart Pact.

During the Tiber Wars, the city was sacked by the Imperial legions, and was subsequently placed under military rule for a dozen years. Following its conquest by Tiber Septim and General Symmachus, it was gradually returned to civilian government and Queen Barenziah later ruled the Imperial Province of Morrowind from here. Over this time, due to the rise of Septim's empire, Almalexia commissioned an expansion effort and Mournhold was rebuilt. As a whole, the city then became known as Almalexia in her honor."

source:http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mournhold
>>
>>147862073

It's not budget, Skyrim was coming off of the backs of 2 GotY's that sold millions of copies. Skyrim had BGS's largest budget ever at the time I'm sure, they marketed it more than any of their past games, and it did extremely well financially because of that. It's made over a billion dollars easy.

The limitation was not budget, it was the Console hardware, particularly the Xbox 360.

A major issue was space. The 360 could only use regular DVD's, and for an open world game it'd be bad to swap discs, so they were required to make the entire game fit onto less than 7GB.

They did it but they took a lot of shortcuts to do it, especially using smaller textures, particularly for shadows, fewer NPC's, skipped animations on some things, and cut some content from the Civil War storyline.
>>
>>147855965
Did you find a solution, friend?
>>
>>147862640
>xbox
:(
>>
>>147862073
>>147862640
11.11.11 get happened
>>
>>147863042
imagine if they had waited another year and one month to release skyrim.

both more time for development, and it would have meant it was released in the year of the dragon.

>12.12.12
>>
>>147863230
More money today, kid,
>>
>>147863230
like they give a shit. standard bethesda practice is release a broken game and then release a tool for players to fix it

they get all the money with half the development
>>
File: eso anvil map.jpg (245 KB, 807x806) Image search: [Google]
eso anvil map.jpg
245 KB, 807x806
>>147862534

This is Anvil in ESO.
>>
File: Oblivion Anvil map.jpg (410 KB, 1446x1205) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion Anvil map.jpg
410 KB, 1446x1205
>>147863726

this is Anvil, 800 years later. Okay, so there's some growth, and erosion/water levels rising has made the peninsula the lighthouse was on into an island.

Otherwise. Essentially the same.
>>
>>147860426
Because they come from outside of Nirn

N=D
>>
So I'm going stam DK.

I can either go khajit for the crit, or redguard for stam gen, which makes my life a lot easier in general.

Which story is better, AD, or DC?
>>
>>147864272
AD
>>
>>147864272
DC
>>
>>147864272

DC. Be one of the brothas.
>>
File: oblivion_anvil.jpg (205 KB, 930x673) Image search: [Google]
oblivion_anvil.jpg
205 KB, 930x673
>>147864215
Mmm, anon have you ever played Oblivion? That's from better cities mod, this is the real one.
>>
>>147863726
>>147864215
interesting. Sort of what I'm saying with Mounhold, the differences are pretty stark but you could see that, in theory, the city will one day grow into what we see later and it's not so glarely offensive as "the tribunal temple is placed in the south"

Even with bodies of water, the water can erode places or, in some cases, just be built over with cities. (See: Mexico City. The original one.)
>>
>>147864862
>>147864819
!!! for the sake of Sheogorath
>>
>>147864272
DC by far. AD is caves and forests. DC has more variation and some bomb ass looking zones.

I feel like DC honestly has the best story, maybe EP, don't know only played a portion of it.

AD has a cool cat. That is literally it.
>>
>>147864819
looks like they did some dock renovations in those 800 years
>>
>>147864215
>Almalexia commissioned an expansion effort and Mournhold was rebuilt.
>>
>>147865031
>>147864819
>>
File: TES2 Illiac Bay map.jpg (150 KB, 768x457) Image search: [Google]
TES2 Illiac Bay map.jpg
150 KB, 768x457
>>147864819

Oh so it's even closer to the same.

That proves my point even more.

the ZOS developers basically only researched into Oblivion and Skyrim when designing the game, they considered Morrowind and before Irrelevant.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 105

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.