[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mgg/ - Metal Gear & Kojima General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 32
File: kojima.jpg (94 KB, 567x586) Image search: [Google]
kojima.jpg
94 KB, 567x586
Spinning Cat Edition

>The Lost Tapes (no password needed)
https://mega.nz/#!nIIHhRYB!7ARV7HCJaYGLgUTd_gBYSRnrygfxMGQo-SFrvHET3PY

>Patch changelog
http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/online/notes.php5

>Offical MGO/FOB Events News
http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/news/index.php5

>Servers Operating Status
http://www.konami.jp/mgs_portal/jp/info/?id=674

>FOB guide
http://pastebin.com/9PkL3JfX
>MGSV Extended Soundtrack
https://mega.nz/#F!1o8FTbAL!-lVNu5ReRDTcksRfHIxBHA

>NEW PLAYER GUIDE
http://i.imgur.com/K9rvfa4.jpg

>ARCHIVED THREADS (RIP ARCHIVE.MOE)
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/mgg/type/op/

>STEAM GROUP
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/metalgeargeneral

>/mgg/ ONEDRIVE FOLDER
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=65254E4C501EDAEF!4116&authkey=!AMDti9C9NNjfhT8&ithint=folder%2cxlsx

>LISTS, GUIDES, DOWNLOADS AND OTHER STUFF
http://pastebin.com/qM3XwMce

>MGS2 SUBSTANCE NOVEL - NEEDS TRANSLATION
https://mega.nz/#!Y08iFCBa!Z3j3Tco4vE14mwwVJTQbch9Zo4SvZRXO1ntjEjn1JRc

>MGSV NOVEL - PARTIALLY TRANSLATED
https://mega.nz/#!U1NFzAII!4nuhjrIo8arMdb2Ref4dWRB-4CZ86Sp9QY1sYDnhVfM

>TIMELINE AND EPILOGUES:
http://pastebin.com/3m93ExcY
>CHAPTER 1:
http://pastebin.com/frkkvef3
>CHAPTER 2:
http://pastebin.com/7YMg9Gia

>KOJIMA'S THOUGHTS ABOUT THE NOVELIZATION
http://pastebin.com/JVZZxW1D

>QTS FARMING

>Weapons and stuff
http://unknown321.github.io/mgsmonsterguns

last thread >>145836969
>>
let it go my son
>>
Finally
>>
>one person single handedly killed /mgg/

kek

KEK

I do admire the dedication
>>
>>146021727
He's too busy shitposting on that /v/ thread right now
>>
File: Metal Gear Patches.jpg (247 KB, 900x755) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear Patches.jpg
247 KB, 900x755
>>146020461
>>
"I've got no particular love for Kojima"

- David Hayter
>>
>>146023178
Cool
>>
File: David_Hayter.jpg (639 KB, 1326x1578) Image search: [Google]
David_Hayter.jpg
639 KB, 1326x1578
HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO THE BEST SNAKE.
>>
>>146024580
Happy Father's Day, David.
>>
She climbed the rock face and stood at the top. There, she could see the earth stretching all the way to the horizon. Aah, is this really how big the world is? The sky is so blue it makes me dizzy, and so very high. Its deep blue hue and height tell me of its connection into outer space. Is there truly no place where I belong, not even in this vast world?
'I'll take you there.' Where could it be, Boss? Can I see it from here?
The heat in Quiet's chest grew too much to bear, and she fell to her knees. Her tears ran down her cheeks and to her neck before dripping to her chest. It was time to close her mouth.
"I am Quiet. I am... the absence of words"
Placing her hand to her chest, she apologized to the newly-born children within. Sorry, but I can't let you out of here. You will disappear with me.
Quiet doused herself with the gas tank, and ignited it with Big Boss's lighter.
>>
>>146024580
Happy father's day Mr. Otsuka.
>>
File: 27G75Jkj.png (114 KB, 291x291) Image search: [Google]
27G75Jkj.png
114 KB, 291x291
Happy Father's Day, Huey!
>>
File: 1466361574508.png (66 KB, 250x196) Image search: [Google]
1466361574508.png
66 KB, 250x196
>Venom abandons Quiet scene
>Venom ignoring Quiet scene
>Venom saying he's going to kill Quiet scene
>Venom saying he's going to kill Quiet scene
>Venom killing Quiet scene
>Venom disgusted by Quiet scene
>Venom looking into the gas pit to see Quiet in pain, and not actually about jump in scene
>Venom leaving the tank for Quiet to take the shot scene
>Venom turning his head as Quiet is about to die from torture scene because zero fucks are given
>Pequod patronizing Quiet are the last words she hears as Venom says nothing and ignores her scene
>Venom unimpressed with Quiet scene
>Venom annoyed by Quiet's wanting to make love scene and says fuck off
>Venom breaking Quiet's heart for the third, no, fourth time scene
No, third time's the charm for her to die.
>Venom ignoring Quiet for the xth time scene
>Venom telling Quiet to kill herself scene that we never got
>Venom's hateful words to Quiet that we never got scene
>Venom ignoring Quiet's in love scene
>Venom never returning to afghanistan because he doesn't have love for Quiet info that we never got
>Venom laughing at Quiet crying scene that we never got
>Quiet dying alone, maybe suicide from unrequited love scene that we never got
>Venom playing Quiet's message across MB as they all laugh scene that we never got
>Venom having a drink with Kaz and Ocelot and Diamond Dogs to celebrate a job well done on not doing anything and getting Quiet to speak and Venom abandons her scene that we'll neverever get.
>All the correctness in all of my posts that will never be proven because Kojima doesn't care to confirm it article that we'll never get.
>>
DECEPTION ISLAND
>>
>>146025435
reminder Huey got cucked to death
>>
The billionth digit of pi is 9
>>
File: PROOFS.gif (21 KB, 899x547) Image search: [Google]
PROOFS.gif
21 KB, 899x547
>>>>>>>>>>>>146028989
>The billionth digit of pi is 9
>>
>>146028667
I fucking love Huey
>>
>>146028667
Just like Quiet did, cucked by the only person she loves and was deserted after being raped, which Snake is the direct cause of because he gave her to the soviets.
>>
File: 1462367476463.jpg (155 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1462367476463.jpg
155 KB, 1680x1050
nth for most relevant part of the series
>>
>>146032189
Based, intelligent, charming and sexy Quiet!
>>
Peace day came when Venom forced Quiet out of MB and handed her to soviets and put a plan together to abandon her and break her heart.
After that Peace Day was on Mother Base permanently.

If Paz and Quiet were in different places, Venom would fugg Paz all the time and wouldn't have forced her out/let her leave abandon her for dead.
Venom would have brought back ANY OTHER chick that wasn't Quiet back with him instead of leading her to her heartbreak and death.
>>
Yeah, Venom saw Paz as his gf because he screams "NO!" as she goes away.
Quiet saw Venom that way but Venom didn't care and ignored the shit out of Quiet.
>>
>>146034220
He screamed "no" because she pulled a ticking bomb out of her stomach.
He also screams "no" when Quiet jumps into a pit of toxic gas because he was afraid he'd lose her forever.
>>
>>146035084
He screams "HIT THE ALARM"

Not "No!" Because he didn't give a rats ass about her well-being.
>>
FAINTLY
>>
>>146036432
Same thing. More words mean more care.
>>
File: Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Demon-Snake.jpg (21 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Demon-Snake.jpg
21 KB, 700x500
MGSV, the story is left open to many interpretations, probably on purpose since the entire paz sequence means you can't trust what you see or hear, even on cassette tapes, and the whole game is filled with subtle symbolism (like the large patches of burned grass in africa suggesting the pmcs there might have liquidated the local populace rather than relocated them)

For example, Venom snake being the real big boss is a pretty valid theory, since it makes sense for big boss to have guilt about the medic the same way he has guilt about paz, because the medic giving his life for the boss in that chopper symbolizes the way the soldiers of the MSF all gave their life for him when motherbase went up in flames. It makes no sense for Venom Snake to suddenly have memories of the real big boss and ocelot having a conversation he didn't witness at the tail end of the game. there are other explanations though

As you play through missions, pictures relating to completed ones appear around the ACC, presumably placed by Venom. The only one there from the beginning is the picture with morpho from the hospital, with the medic folded over.

Now, from big boss's perspective, the last thing he remembers before the coma is the medic throwing himself in front of the explosion. The first thing he's told when he wakes up is that he's full of bone fragments from the medic who threw himself infront of him in the chopper

Boss keeps the photo, but folds over medic so he doesn't have to come to terms with his guilt over mother base. At the end of the game, after getting his revenge, and still feeling that emptiness, he unfolds the photo and you get mission 46: truth

In the end, he can't handle the guilt for mother base, instead replacing his psyche with medic, creating a perfect scenario where the real big boss does literally nothing for eleven years. Reminder that Venom is responsible for ALL the canon big boss activities until 1995, since according to 46 big boss took medic's face.
>>
>>146036926
Not necessarily, he doesn't really scream it either, just loud enough for her to hear it and have her think he cares. He wasn't going to ever jump in.
>>
Every fucking thing in episode 45, no quiet, IS PLANNED TO FUCKING BREAK QUIET'S HEART YOU FUCKING DIMWITS, YOU ALWAYS CONFIRM IT AND CONTINUALLY TRY TO ARGUE AGAINST IT.
>>
>>146037428
>He was going to jump in before Ocelot held him back.
>Looked shocked and in disbelief when Ocelot was consoling him.
>Knocked the kids out of the way when he saw her crawling out.
>Pulled her out and carried her to safety. Cradling her in his arms.
He knew it was too late for Eli and Paz so he just yelled a generic "no".
For Quiet, he wasn't gonna give up. He wanted to do everything in his power to save her.

Also, he only shouted "no" for Paz because that's what Big Boss said. He doesn't say anything to her that the medic realistically wouldn't have heard Big Boss say.
>>
Quiet was zero shit to Venom and you all fucking know this.
Quiet was delusional as fuck in ever EVER thinking he cared, expecting a divine sex session with him or something that would last for days.
The whole shit was to het her to want him romantically then tell her to fuck off so she would be unrequited and suffer one of the worst pain imaginable.
>>
>>146038250
>Quiet was zero shit
Venom was Zero's shit. Quiet was Skull Face's masterpiece.
>>
>>146037626
>>146038250
I don't know what this missions 45 shit you're going on about even is, the mission list goes 43,44,46,47

also how do you have quiet that far into the game? she dies in mission 11
>>
>>146038439
Quiet was a zero in his life. a nothing that was to get her to be rejected and kill herself, or have Venom, the only person she loves, kill her with heartbreak.
>>
>>146038475
You fucked up.
>>
>>146038475
Every single thing was planned to get Quiet to fall in love with Venom under a delusion and die alone with nobody to care for her because he never ever did in reality.
>>
>>146038475
You didn't have to kill her you know. You missed out on a fairly intense mission honestly.

That, and a pretty useful buddy.

If you want to go loud, she's extremely useful, and can cover your reckless ass very effectively.
>>
>>146038982
>>146039028
>>146039124
you guys are idiots, she was obviously working with skull face, and had already tried to kill you once

Why you would let someone like that like is beyond me. Definitely not something I would ever do, definitely not something big boss would ever do
>>
File: fuck yall.jpg (76 KB, 720x435) Image search: [Google]
fuck yall.jpg
76 KB, 720x435
>>
>>146038982
I think if they ever did get to fuck, not that Venom ever would want to, it would be steamy and hot and sexy and they would do it a couple times in a row.
>>
>>146039227
Big Boss wouldn't have killed her. Skull Face spooked him silly, so he wanted to do everything in his power to prove he's a good guy. He's also a good Christian; he's all about giving people second chances.
>listening to Kaz
kek
>>
>>146039945

They never did though because she is probably the only woman he has set eye on that is physically repulsive, shame there was no real words that we got confirming this.
>>
File: quiet.jpg (224 KB, 1278x678) Image search: [Google]
quiet.jpg
224 KB, 1278x678
The correct choice.
>>
>>146040528
No, that's the wrong choice. It's out of character and leaves a big plot hole.
>>
>>146040528

It's what happens in the end anyways, she dies bleeding from the heart because unequited love and she was deserted while she was watching him take off on pequod laughing. We won't ever get it confirmed though. Ever.
>>
>>146040528
This is also the correct choice.
https://youtu.be/a-0Yz1opFmI
>>
>>146040748
>It's out of character

what character?
>>
File: 1465771598071.jpg (220 KB, 1000x645) Image search: [Google]
1465771598071.jpg
220 KB, 1000x645
>>146041160
Venom's
>>
do people actually kill soldiers and not just fulton them?
>>
>>146041550
Yes.
>>
File: 1465338296730.png (483 KB, 800x1020) Image search: [Google]
1465338296730.png
483 KB, 800x1020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeruT-CUEMw
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Tyrone
>>
>>146041227
Kiefer is a hack.
>>
>>146040929
Indeed.

I've also killed him and it takes two shots to finish him. I've also completely ignored him just because it's what he does with quiet, played this game about 3-4 times.
>>
>>146041550
To begin with, I only fulton them. After 22 there's no point since you can get better soldiers from event fobs. Unless you're trying to get a good score.
>>
>>146041989
No.
Kill the pup to reunite him with his mom in doggo heaven instead of training him to hunt and kill humans.
Save Quiet so she can die a noble death and let her soul to rest in peace.
>>
>>146041550
second playthrough I played no tranq, really lends to the experience for me (tranqs always broke my immersion in metal gear, not because of tech but rather narrative dissonance)

honestly I think it's the better way to play the game. Makes you feel like the real big boss when cqc is the only way to knock out enemies, plus you get much better weapon variety.

Also many people don't realize it's very easy to go loud and not get spotted as long as you're careful of line of sight. I play no markers or reflex and if I ever get spotted even without reflex there's enough time to pull out the shotgun and lay him out before he calls contact. much more satisfying than the tranquilizer pistol
>>
>>146042493

Yes.

Quiet's soul was never at peace after Venom made her love unrequited because of that exact fact, look at the little mermaid, goes unrecognized by the man she loves after confessing, not only because of that but because of what she did, and how she looks and who she is.
She probably commited suicide the Ariel
>>
>>146042813
most likely comitted suicide like Ariel*
>>
>>146042776
>shotgun
the ultimate stealth weapon
>>
>>146042969
I'm big fucking boss and I play by my own rules. I could use that tactic in the middle of the nova braga airport without triggering an alert
>>
>17 posters

oh no...
>>
>>146042969
>>146043358
and even then what do I care if they see me? I know I'm the only one leaving that encounter alive, other than the ones I choose to abduct for my private army
>>
>>146043460
I count 17 post from the one autist alone.
>>
File: kpe_nenga.jpg (94 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
kpe_nenga.jpg
94 KB, 600x397
>>146043460
Here's something that will spark some life in /mgg/.
>>
File: 1451032407122.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451032407122.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
I miss pre-TPP /mgg/ so much.

Was anyone here for when he had huge fucking theoryposting sessions about Big Boss's involvement in FRELIMO, RENAMO, and a bunch of other resistance movements in Southern Africa? God, it went on for fucking threads at a time. We'd pick apart the Konami-made trailer, and saw that there was a guy with his face bloodied to non-recognition, and we all freaked out thinking it was Frank.

Even when it wasn't speculation, we talked about the moral guidelines of Big Boss. We compared him to Castro, Che, and others. There was that BB/Kaz doujin. I'm pretty sure there was a thread full of sharing fan-made wallpapers and discussing music from the game. This place was so fucking alive, holy shit.

It's so sad having been here for so long and seeing it as it is now.

>inb4 "just leave faggot"

holy fuck i miss niles
>>
File: 1466399863815.jpg (173 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1466399863815.jpg
173 KB, 800x600
>>146043772
>>
>>146043556
Bad score, might kill the target, they might kill prisoners, snake looks like shit covered in blood. It's too easy to just kill everyone.
>>
>>146022158
>Shitposting

Factposting about facts is not asinine, it's fact that Venom never touched Quiet. it's fact that Quiet wanted Venom to do all sorts of dirty things to her in the sheets. It's fact Quiet's love was unrequited and she died from suicide/heartbreak/Venom called a bomb down on her, we wont ever know.
>>
>>146043843

i always thought after the snake eater revelation that the big boss decided not to kill soldiers because of how that mission left him
>>
File: 1466400083670.jpg (164 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1466400083670.jpg
164 KB, 800x600
>>146043907
>>
Venom always held his head up high whenever he sees he broke Quiet's heart, about 3 times. He really got a kick out of it by shutting her down all the time and cucking her with all of the female recruits above her cell.

He then forces her out of Motherbase and hands her to the soviets who take her virginity and he goes to kill her with heartbreak and so on and so forth
>>
>>146044050
Ocelot is so cute.
>>
File: 1466400145325.jpg (158 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1466400145325.jpg
158 KB, 800x600
>>146044050
>>
Whatever happened to Quiet will never be known because nobody cared to look after her or for her.
>>
Whether Quiet was happy with Venom or not, Venom didn't care and gave her the dirtiest looks possible to break her heart.
then had her thrown on a chopper with her photos and sinful butterfly,
she was crying the whole time,
and they handed to Quiet to the soviets.
Yada yada
She will always love him even though he abandoned her.
and dies.
Whether from shooting her brains out or parasites, other soviets?
we won't know because nobody cared about her well being.
>>
>>146043916
the score from no reflex/alerts is enough to s-rank any mission alone, and regardless score means very, very little to me on my second playthrough.

Additionally, it's just as easy to get away with throwing tranquilizers everywhere. If anything the game is now harder since building motherbase requires much more effort. EVEN THEN difficulty means nothing, it's about the experience, and in my opinion the legend of big boss is much more satisfying with a hearty dose of battlefield guilt
>>
Thay guy truly hated the female superhuman sniper with every fiber in his being, a sad plot of unrequited love.
>>
>>146044312
the point about quiet is that no matter what you do her story ends in sorrow, whether you kill her at the ruins or she dies at the end of mission 45

so in a sense yes, no matter what happens, you, venom snake, are responsible for quiets death, either by pulling the trigger in mission eleven or continuing to use her despite having heard rumors about her leaving.

Either way her death is completely the player's responisbility
>>
He really hated her, planned every single move against her, she was in love and he was absolutely put off by it, Kojima sure knows how to make a unrequited love story by making the person you love hate you with evrything he is.
>>
>>146044390
Killing sentries is like actively dialing the difficulty back. Using tranquilizers with no stopping power on top of not dropping them instantly is more difficult.
If you put them to sleep, they'll wake up eventually. If you knock them out, they'll wake up even sooner. If you hold them up, not triggering an alert becomes more crucial. Fulton them and you risk alerting everyone.
Kill them and they're gone forever. Only four dudes will so up as reinforcements.
>>
>>146037308
>big boss took medics face
what?
>>
What has less of mean and is a bigger waste of time, reporting cheaters in pc phantom pain or reporting the Quiet spammer on here? Because nobody is doing shit about either of them.
>>
>>146044625
The point is she either dies by your hands, wanting to get revenge, or she lets it go and dies of her own accord.
>>
Quiet was basically pulled straight from tragedy theatre, made to be absolutely despised by the person she loves, hated by everyone and driven away from the only man she has deep positive feelings for and wants to make babies and live a wonderful life with him feelings, but as was just said he despises her, abhors her, tells her to fuck off and die.
>>
>>146045054
She's forced to die of her own accrod because he deserts her.
>>
>>146044171
is there any more?
>>
>>146044862
how many times will I have to explain to you it's nothing to do with difficulty? do you just stop reading past 3 words?

Its simply more compelling gameplay than
>tranq
>fulton
>tranq
>fulton
>tranq
>tranq
>fulton
>fulton
ad infinitum
>>
>>146045316
I got this picture of the actual cabinet.
>>
>>146044939
here

https://youtu.be/edQvG6Gdxqc?t=6m40s
>>
>>146045560
oh shit nice
where is that?
>>
>>146045582
6:40 to answer
>>146044939
>>
The guide itself literally states she dies alone, it's literally implyimg Venom thought she was 'you'll die alone' kind of ugly because he cared nada about her while Venom was all she has and all she knew and he deserts her.
>>
File: 002.jpg (38 KB, 480x584) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
38 KB, 480x584
>>146045597
They had it showcased in some KPE exhibition at Roppongi Midtown.
>>
>>146045361
>line up head shot
>tranq
>check if coast is clear
>pick up guard
>pull them far off to the side where no one can see
>fulton
It's all about being ill fit for combat. It's more interesting to avoid it all coast than being confident that you can kill them all no sweat.
>>
Venom was her light in the darkness, her fire, her hope and dreams of a future, but Venom didn't see any type of lifestyle or future that involved her in it.
>>
>>146045680
What guide? She probably did die just like everyone else.
>>
>>146045749
d-did you get to play it, anon?

also, do you have any more shots of that exhibition book? with the HD renders of the mgs3 cast?
>>
File: 001.jpg (23 KB, 640x371) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
23 KB, 640x371
>>146045889
I wasn't actually there. I just took these images online
>>
>>146045871
He literally was ready to propose to her once he rescued her from the soviets. He had the R&D unit develop the most beautiful engagement ring for her.
>>
>>146046102
where'd you get them?
>>
>>146045887
Venom probably died alone also, either solid snake killed him on the spot, or left him alone to die from the explosion.
>>
>>146046308
Solid left him mortally wounded. Quiet arrived to save him from the explosion and he died in her arms after confessing his love for her.
>>
>>146046181

Highly doubtful just like her at the end of her theme since he planned to kill her by heartbreak since the very beginning and she was horrendous.
>>
File: o0398068413662271926.png (479 KB, 398x684) Image search: [Google]
o0398068413662271926.png
479 KB, 398x684
>>146046245
http://pachinkopachisro.com/archives/47820625.html
https://pachist.jp/article/116160/
There's more if you search for パチスロ メタルギアソリッド
>>
>>146043772
>>146043772
Gonna translate what I can of these.

Pink text: Happy New Year
Bottom text: Together with the popular entertainment manufacturer, this year we're more aimed at "new challenges" and "creating new value", and will continue to challenge with full force. (That's all I could read of it, it's too small I would need a better scan to read the very last part better)
>>
>>146045787
you're simply wrong, the equivalent to hiding behind the tranq gun in mgs3. CQC is how you should be recruiting soldiers. You can throw as many tranqs as you want at the soviets in your savefile but we all know the kind of man big boss really is, what blood he has on his hands. The most important part of big boss's saga is the tension of knowing the monster he's going to turn into, by denying yourself the opportunity to witness/embody the transformation yourself
>>
>>146046474
Venom left Quiet internally wounded after he abandoned her after confessing her love and she died from firebombing ordered by Venom or suicide or parasites because nobody cared about her
>>
>>146046590
*by denying yourself the opportunity to witness/embody the transformation you only harm yourself

and for the last time, the only thing I have to say regarding difficulty is that it doesn't matter at all outside of the fact that reflex, x-ray and marking are off at all times
>>
>>146046590
It makes more sense that he'd be more careful after what happened to him. The dialogue from him illustrates that he wants to be a good boy but is forced in some circumstances to kill people and feel bad about it. His reluctant.
The game even penalizes you for killing people.
And after having to wade through the souls of the people he killed in Snake Eater, I think he'd be a bit skittish about it.
>>
>>146047118
He's reluctant*
Sorry, I threw that in at the last minute.
>>
>>146046689
Internally as in heart and soul broken.
Soviets left her broken in other ways thanks to Snake handing her over to them.
>>
>>146046554
It's an announce of KPE's newest projects from early this year.
>>
>Quiet and Venom enjoy a moment watching some cuckoos in a nest they found on Motherbase
>the raven flies overhead towards infinity
>They hold hands and discuss nothing in particular, ignoring the politics of the day
>Huey gets a new video called T.AVI and takes stock of what it means
>The patriots have returned.
>>
>>146043907
Gold text: Open the door to the next generation
Red text: One of pachi-entertainment
Text in front of BIGBOSS: Next-Generation experience engrossing a lot of players

Yeah so far this stuff is useless fluff. All the other stuff on this page is too small for me to personally read, if I had a bigger scan I could do it or maybe someone else could.
>>
>>146044050
>>146044171
Anyone want a translation of any of this info?
>>
He was either going to execute her IF he brought her back to MB, or light her on fire on front of everyone
>>
PEANUT BUTTER
>>
https://mega.nz/#!l4N3kDYT!NGDNAKyXASMPNj9TFZvzJ18GK8JG9nkXar0eOVWrYlU

Here's the "0" album in case anyone wants it. Listen to it for ambient hype for DeStr.
>>
or. OR, he was going to throw her in the ocean IF he EVER thought of bringing her back. Heartbreak was sufficient.
>>
He was either going to make love to her WHEN he brought her back to MB, or propose to her in front of everyone
>>
>>146047650
It's mostly just fluff.
>Based on one of Japan's biggest selling game franchise, with over 49.2 million copies sold.
>A next generation battle system pulls the player into the Metal Gear universe.
>The dramatic storyline that moved the whole world has been reimagined in high-quality next generation cinematics.
>An industry first!! The new "Big Boss" cabinet features a 32-inch full HD screen and 124 gigabytes of memory.
>>
>>146047934
>not lossless
>>
>>146048248
Yeah that's what it looked like, what garbage.
>>
or. OR, he was going to throw her a welcome home party WHEN he FINALLY brought her back. Leaving her was heartbreaking for him.
>>
Sad that he didn't even listen to her tape, just stopped it after the first two sentences, while she watched and went out of there with pequod because he is the real hero, not that he was really poisoned since the snakes were defanged and he knew it.
>>
>>146048464
>>146048519
Shut up! Shut up! SHUUUUUT UP! Shut the fuck up! Stop posting! No one gives a shit! Shut the fuck up about Quiet! No one cares about this or you! Stop it! Stop trying to ruin this fuckin thread you asshole! For fucks sake don't post here anymore! Go do something better with your life!

SHUT
UP
>>
File: 1466207604717.jpg (300 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466207604717.jpg
300 KB, 1280x720
It's me again.

Post the download link for this mod.

Stop being a filthy hoarder.
>>
The tank was left on purpose, he used her feelings for him to pull her in and push him out of the way to take the tank shot, called in the sandstorm at that very moment and said something to give her hope that he needed her.
>>
>>146048382
They have been hyping up the game's cabinet in all their promotional material. I'm not enough of a pachislot expert to know what makes the cabinet special other than it has a big screen.
>>
When he really did need her in, a way, because he planned to pretend to pass out and get pequod to pretend not to be able to reach code talker and alot more facts I have yet to hear from Kojima because I'm talking to him right now and he is saying everything is spot on, it's all canon what I am saying because it is coming from his mouth.
>>
>>146044171
I'm looking forward to seeing that HD Eva strip scene
>>
>>146044171
lmao I wonder if Raikov will just be mgs4 raiden
>>
>never turned on by Quiet
He always made her wet, lel poor girl, only wishes she made his benis solid.
>>
>>146048685
I could have sworn someone already posted the link.
nexusmods com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/228/?
>>
>>146048873
And BLAST PROCESSING. I can't believe anyone cares about this. Even if it's some cultural difference I don't get how people could be excited about information-less promotional material for an animated slot machine. Or for animated slot machines in general.

It's so aggravating as someone who is not japanese to see the market support this instead of video games. The very least they could do is play the more generic pachi-slot in order to show that they don't care about the god damn movie playing in the background of a gambling device.
>>
>>146048616
Anon, are you OK? Calm down. Don't worry, he'll eventually leave.
>>
>>146049494
Yeah, it's really frustrating.
>>
>>146049530
How many damn months is this guy going to ruin this general with constant nonstop posts about the scene his autistic brain drew in his head and won't drop? How many reports about it are the staff of this board going to ignore?
>>
And the little touchy feely stuff before he took her behind the rock was just to get her, yet again, to think he wanted more.

He always ignored her, but she didn't care, and when she wouldn't willingly leave he hogtied her and forced her out.
>>
>>146049494
I'm just surprised that Konami burned down their entire video game division and are only doing sports shit now.
>>
Really makes you wonder how happy he was to set fire to afghanistan, to have her know that literally everything is better to him than her.
>>
>>146037308
The thing I can't square away from the """"CANON"""" is Ishmael's two working eyes and complete lack of resemblance to the "Big Boss" hidden under the bandages.

IMO Ishmael was a Phantom in Big Boss' mind, his inner-soldier working to save his crippled ass.

>You're talking to yourself

I think this Fight Club quote also signifies Ahab and Ishmael's relationship

>Sometimes you're still you—sometimes you imagine yourself watching me
>>
Even a gerbil has more value and worth and importance than Quiet does in Venom's eye.
>>
>>146038982
>GOTTA WATCH MY FIRE

When did Snake ever say this during the Grey Fox scene?
>>
did any of you shoot skullface?
>>
>>146040929
What fucking garbage this general has become. I haven't been here since just after TPP released and we were all having a good time.

I come back and you are glorifying shooting the pupper and 80% of posts are about the ambiguous Quiet/Venom OTP? Fuck off you autists.

Fuck you dickheads and fuck this general.
>>
A flower is 10x more significant to his life than she ever was.
>>
>>146050449
>not a new ip

Okay.
>>
The real answer is that he never had feelings for Quiet other than hatred, he wanted her to continue suffering, how long she survived is unknown, how she died is unknown, he probably bombed the area in all reality but we won't hear it from them or anything because the game ends there.
>>
>>146050449
>80% of posts are about the ambiguous Quiet/Venom OTP

The mods won't ban the dude. I've reported every post he's made for a while and nothing is being done about it. I'll probably get banned for announcing a report before any mod does anything about the spammer.
>>
We all know there was no positive feelings on his side, and there was almost no negative feelings on her side but real love, so for kojima to not to say anything about it is kind of a let down, like how Venom let Quiet down by deserting her.
>>
>>146050131
Not to mention The Man Who Sold The World is about a man with two personalities.
>>
>>
Peace Walker should have ended at Chapter 4.

Everything about Chapter 5 feels forced.

>Literally the same mission 8 times in a row
>Asspull twist
>Lazily tries to shoehorn Zero and the Patriots into the game

Only good thing about that chapter was the ZEKE battle theme.

Having Paz and Chico be kidnapped by Cipher would have been a better way to lead into Ground Zeroes (And their deaths would have made Big Boss descent into villainy more believable).
>>
>>146044171
hate that eva face, they used it on 3ds too
>>
anyone have the scanlon urls?
>>
File: mgs2_174_5a2.jpg (88 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mgs2_174_5a2.jpg
88 KB, 640x480
>>146037308
Interesting.

And when you're going to execute Skull Face, when Kazuhira is finished shooting, it completely flashes back to the past Miller and Big Boss, even if you play as Medic.

And Medics horn is less protruding than Big Boss', meaning that Medics face goes over the Big Boss face.
>>
>>146045749
>>146046102
>>146046493
But this is just slot machine and not even pachinko, pachinko is a ball game isn't it?
>>
Can anyone recommend me some good Snake/Otacon doujinshi? I have no idea where to look.
>>
>>146057108
I have no idea either, anon. Let me see if I can find some tomorrow.
>>
File: tumblr_o8fls40BjD1umow21o1_1280.png (2 MB, 1280x1321) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8fls40BjD1umow21o1_1280.png
2 MB, 1280x1321
>>146057452
I guess I'll have to check pixiv but given that the most recent games are prequels where Snake and Otacon don't appear I don't think I'll find much, maybe some BBKaz and BB/Ocelot. I bet all the good things were posted before pixiv appeared and people must have deleted their works by then.
>>
DECEPTION ISLAND
>>
Let it go, brothers
One day we'll meet again, in Outer Heaven
>>
To be forgotten in the sands of time.
>>
AT LAST I SEE.

When Solidus said he wanted to destroy The Patriots secret rule, he was wrong in believing it would return America back to it's true ideals.

The Patriots began to exist exactly when Washington first became President, meaning that The Patriots are literally the embodiment of the American ideals. The Patriots, as they said themselves, ARE America.

The Patriots 'secret' rule is very important:
When America was ruled by the British Empire this was a explicit rule, and what explicitly controls humans are GENES.
When The Patriots fought declared independence from the British Empire (GENE), their secret rule began not on purpose but as a natural result of 'free will' never existing in the first place. What secretly rules human behavior is MEMES.

The American ideals based on liberty, egalitarianism, individualism, republicanism, democracy and laissez-faire for business necessarily require a secret rule instead of an explicit rule.
They cannot exist in a explicit rule nor can they exist in a truly free society. Secret regulation is required for the American ideals to continue otherwise a power vacuum would indeed occur as President Johnson said.

America was born from the British Empire (GENE, undeniable like how you will look being born is determined by GENES)
And when The Patriots took control was America defined into what it was (MEME, not obvious but what determines how you will grow up as a person, what music you like, what films you like is determined by MEMES).
>>
>>146064579

No one cared about Quiet, correct.
>>
When Quiet was about to speak, Snake could absolutely talk just fine and chose not too, the snake was devenomed/defanged and this is fact.

The hate/love relationship of Venom and Quiet is a tragic one of unrequited love and revenge. Nobody could have been happier to revel in her heartbreak because he hated her so.
>>
>>146065292

Sucks we'll never get the info needed to prove it, even though it's true.
>>
>>146065620

Venom partied three days and three nights as Quiet lay in heartbreak wondering, waiting for so long after he left, why he left, where could the person she loves with all of her heart be? For so long she suffered alone knowing he would never ever return.
>>
Fox
>>
File: 1458687901176.jpg (70 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
1458687901176.jpg
70 KB, 530x530
>yfw you realized she was called "The Joy" because she carried her unborn child, her joy, into battle

I've spoken to a lot of people who didn't realize this and it's weird
>>
>>146069021
>she was called "The Joy" because she carried her unborn child
no she wasnt. she was called the joy because of the joy she felt during battle.
>>
>>146069273
Pre-space and pre-pregnancy sure, but afterward she definitely didn't feel any joy about war anymore.
That's what makes me think she kept that name for so long.
>>
>>146069483
>but afterward she definitely didn't feel any joy about war anymore
thats when she changed her name to the boss
>>
>>146069597
Is there an actual timeframe on when that happened? If anything I would think "boss" is just something a lot of people called her because she was uh, their boss, and it caught on after the cobra unit disbanded
>>
>>146069747
>She was the founding leader of the Cobra Unit, in which she was known as "The Joy," however, when they were disbanded at the end of World War II, she was granted the codename of "The Boss."
>>
>>146043843
Yep I miss it too anon.
>>
File: 1427995704118.jpg (37 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
1427995704118.jpg
37 KB, 600x610
http://www.mickymactroy.com/shop/

Did you preorder your Stefanie Joosten's shirt, /mgg/?
>>
>>146072492
Aren't you supposed to be playing your game, Todd?
>>
SUNLIGHT
>>
>>
>>146066345
Are you the same faggot who used to shitpost day in, day out in the Witcher general? Is this your hobby? Ruining generals?
>>
>>146079912
What? What did he shitpost about?
>>
>>146079912
>shitpost

Sorry to ruin the facts for you buddy, but it's what happened.
>>
File: o0800106713669821145.jpg (286 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
o0800106713669821145.jpg
286 KB, 800x1067
>>146055698
It's technically a "pachislot", which is distinct enough for regular slot machines to legally get by Japan's gambling ban. Pachislot machines are distributed to parlors alongside actual pachinko machines, hence the name. They barely have anything in common with real pachinko other than the name.

A lot of gaming news sites and even fansites like The Snake Soup,incorrectly referred to the new Snake Eater machine as a pachinko or don't bother to make the distinction between the two.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slot_machine#Japan
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.