[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hbg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
I can't get this shit right edition
Last thread
>>144458607

/hbg/ Wiki: http://homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Plutoo Released Freakyhax more info on his twitter.
https://mobile.twitter.com/qlutoo?lang=en
Get FreakyForms before it gets Cubic Ninja'd
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: http://pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: http://pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: http://pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-New Luma update lads. Get it here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v5.5
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from https://3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for original 3DS only. For details see Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>Vita
Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60.
>>
>>144524251
>>
I have a N3ds with GW both sysnand and emunand on 9.0.0.0-20 E and GW. Been using Nintendo DS profile to get to emunand.

Can I keep playing old games with this method or do I have to upgrade stuff? Think Gateway was on 2.4.3.

Don't wanna go through hax stages because I don't wanna spend hours to set up to it. I just wanna play newer the games and if I can play it on GW I don't mind using it.

Should I just update GW and possibly Emunand?
>>
>>144524251
What exploit do i need to run before i can use Loadiine on my wii u?
>>
Hey guys, can you install DS/GBA games onto a hacked 3DS? I told my friend about how easy 3DS's are to hack and he won't stop asking me for "advice" about it even though I told him I don't know shit about it besides what he can Google himself.
he's the kind of person who thinks that ".zip" is technobabble, should he even try this?
>>
>>144524481
No.
>>
>>144524435
Anon, I'm gonna be as nice as possible.
DITCH THE GATEWAY
The whole hacking process is really not that hard or scary, and in the end you're gonna end up with a KICKASS Nintendo 3DS
>>
Just wondering what to do now.

I have Luma3DS booting from CTR.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Looking at this. But pretty lost desu.

>>144524481
You can install GBA games. The .CIA needs to be installed on both EmuNAND and SysNAND, and the game needs to be launched from EmuNAND.
>>
>>144524435
>yfw even gateway wants you using a9lh now
just do it anon, follow plailect's guide and then do this shit after you've finished part 5: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-three-stage-2.429303/
>>
>>144524619

But I'm a lazy fuck and I don't care about slight improvements of performance or online play.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-05-11-16-47.png (364 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-05-11-16-47.png
364 KB, 480x800
So I was playing SMT4 Final and got to 6/8 Moon and pic related happened. It's just fantastic, I say with a very sarcastic tone.

rubber literally disintegrated when I moved left with my character, it also smells like a 100 year old rubber
>>
>>144524846
then yes, just update gateway and update emunand

non-a9lh gateway can't run gba vc nor retroarch emus though, kek
>>
File: 1463364486547.jpg (310 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463364486547.jpg
310 KB, 1920x1080
/hbg/-chan, daisuki~
>>
STARTING FUCKING PART 4
>>
>>144524846
If you think about it its way better to hace A9LH, you could lose the Gateway and your shit is lost forever. With A9LH you cant lose anything, and if you lose your micro/sd you just have to copy paste a back up to a new memory
>>
>>144524974
gay
>>
>>144524948

a9lh can run gba?
>>
>>144525009
>hace
Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement
>>
>>144524974
Aishite imasu, smug animu girl-chan
>>
>>144525085
Checks out.
>>
>>144525085
My cover has been blown.
>>
File: outdated.png (392 KB, 504x878) Image search: [Google]
outdated.png
392 KB, 504x878
>why should I switch to Luma
>I'm on rxTools 2.6, is it safe to update emuNAND?
>what is a9lh
>it just werks xD
please read
>>
Is the Loadliine guide in the pastebin up to date?

Just making sure before i get started
>>
File: RADICOOL.webm (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
RADICOOL.webm
2 MB, 320x320
>>144525084
even if it didn't, you can use both luma sys and gateway sys

pic related, it's me running JPN sys, ENG emu, and GW JPN sys (X+Y) on boot
>>
>>144524936
use a flat button and glue that fucker in or buy a circle pad pro and replace the sticks OR google if they have the spare part for cheaper on amazon
>>
File: 1462757745523.png (1 MB, 1120x1078) Image search: [Google]
1462757745523.png
1 MB, 1120x1078
>>144525074
>>
>>144525314
two things:
- I meant to say USA emu
- Sorry for the nasty .webm res, too lazy to find out why it's shit and re-render the entire video while keeping it under 3mb for 4chan
>>
>>144525314

Tbh I have no idea what luma sys is.

Do I have to upgrade my Gateway, Emunand before I do the guide?
>>
>>144524628
Pls guys. I wanna be cool like you guys.
>>
>>144525268
You expect meming autist to read this instead of shitposting? Let them be on rxtool so we can see them bitch a moan later on how it suddenly doesn't work anymore on whatever fw they throw
>>
>>144524983
Good luck, it's not that bad.
>>
>>144525268
So how does i switch from rx to luma? I'm not using a9lh by the way, just standard emunand
>>
>>144525747
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/
>>
>>144525561
LumaCFW is a CFW, formerly known as AuReiNand, which is a mod of another CFW called ReiNand. It's a free CFW that is on-par (if not, better) than RxTools, still gets updated, and is one of the most noob-friendly CFWs available today

Sys refers to SysNand and Emu refers to EmuNand. Luma Sys is "Running Luma on SysNand"

Normally, you'd think that's dangerous. However, with A9LH, it hacks the console before the OS even boots up, so you can run shit like Decrypt9 to restore a NAND.bin to sysnand even if you accidentally bricked/updated it.

>>144525561
No, you only have to update your DS Profile/Menuhax exploit so you use A9LH instead. You can do that by starting from Part 3 of this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-%28RedNAND%29

Make a backup of your entire SD card (and GW emunand) before you do any of this, though.
>>
>>144525838
>i quoted the same person twice, answering the two parts of their post separately
ok
>>
>>144525838
some other things to note:
- After you get your OTP.bin near the end of part 4, when it tells you to restore your emunand, restore your GW emunand backup instead of emunand_initial. Then, just go ahead and follow part 5 and the other guide anon linked
- Once you do this, you should only ever update sysnand through Sys Luma System Settings, and never through Gateway: Updating through Sys Gateway's System Settings WILL brick AND uninstall A9LH, but is otherwise safe to use on SysNand.
>>
>>144525820
Does it affect anything on my 3ds? Like deleting things, etc?
>>
Dear /hbg/.

How long does the whole procedure from listed 3DS guide usually take, assuming that everything would work as intended and tries in case of unstable elements wont be more often than 5?

What parts have to be absolutely done in one go (aka, sitting in front of your 3DS for whole time, without break to sleep/eat/whatever) in order to avoid bricking?

How faster is just taking steps 1-3?

Thanks for replies, like always.
>>
>>144526435
Nah. You keep your EmuNAND. Just change your CFW.

I did it literally 10 minutes ago. There was no noticable difference for me, and there probably wont be for you.

But having the latest shit is good.
>>
>>144526460
Your 3DS isn't going to explode if you don't do it all in one sitting anon. It usually just takes one shot if you follow the instructions to the letter and aren't a retard. Steps 1-3 isn't much faster than just doing the entire thing.
>>
>>144526460
>How long does the whole procedure from listed 3DS guide usually take, assuming that everything would work as intended and tries in case of unstable elements wont be more often than 5?
3-5 hours for the average user, bit longer for noobs, and like half an hour for the more experienced who skip steps (HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING)

>What parts have to be absolutely done in one go (aka, sitting in front of your 3DS for whole time, without break to sleep/eat/whatever) in order to avoid bricking?
Part 4 in its entirety should be done in a single sitting. Make an entire folder on your computer dedicated to hacking that specific 3DS, and never share that folder with any other 3DS or you could accidentally mix/match files (very bad)

>How faster is just taking steps 1-3?
About an hour or two, I think. Part 4's the thing that takes like 3-4 hours by itself.

If you don't care about your current data on your system, you can format it to (probably) make the downgrade more likely to work.
>>
>>144526290

Then is it smarter to ditch GW after I install Luma and a9lh?

Don't see the point of GW after installing CFW onto n3ds itself
>>
>>144526715
Why would you get rid of GW when you install something that lets you use both?
Going from GW to base CFW is inconvenient as hell.
>>
>>144526586
>But having the latest shit is good.
>not using a9lh
>enjoy being a peasant, menuhaxfag

>>144526715
pretty much, unless you care about their cheats feature and .3ds/.3dz shit... except you can still use gateway with your a9lh setup, so you might as well just use it

otherwise you'll have to re-download all your GW games as .cia, install them, then move your saves over before you can actually sell the damn thing itself. note that .cias will use your system header to play online instead of embedded headers in the .3ds/.3dzs, so do so at your own risk
>>
File: SD.png (51 KB, 1116x431) Image search: [Google]
SD.png
51 KB, 1116x431
This is what my SD card looks like.

What can I delete to tidy shit up without breaking stuff.
>>
time for /dreamhax/
post shit you think could be cool but isn't worked on and propably never will as it's either stupid or impossible

reverse uncart
>allows you to write to cartridges
>3DS can install .nds and other formats
>basically turns any physical game into a flashcart
>>
>>144526586
Can i still use ntr with luma?
>>
>>144526845

I don't play a lot of online because it was impossible for me to do without that header shit.

What good games came out in last 6 months? Wonder if they will work with 9.0.0.0-20 CW Emunand
>>
>>144526845
>pretty much, unless you care about their cheats feature and .3ds/.3dz shit... except you can still use gateway with your a9lh setup, so you might as well just use it
>otherwise you'll have to re-download all your GW games as .cia, install them, then move your saves over before you can actually sell the damn thing itself. note that .cias will use your system header to play online instead of embedded headers in the .3ds/.3dzs, so do so at your own risk
oh and, note that you'd then be using your system's sd card instead of the gw sd to store all your games, so you should take that into consideration if your gw sd is considerably higher than your system sd (after you install a9lh, move emu to sys, then delete emu, you can easily move stuff over by copying all your files over to the other card... make sure it's formatted as FAT32 or the 3ds won't read it)
>>
I'm trying to do a system update for redNAND but I'm getting this error message:

"An error has occurred. Unable to update.

The system will now be restarted."

What do?
>>
>>144526961
Yes. You'll need to update it tho.
>>
>>144526857

Look at the very end of the guide, doofus.
>>
>>144527106
inject redNAND backup
are you using Reinand?
>>
>>144527106
try updating rednand with profi200's sysupdater (google) using an 11.0 update pack for your model/region

alt. check if you have tubehax enabled, internet connection's good... but sometimes that can happen too (i forgot why, but there was a reason for it...)

>>144527096
headers are really easy to manage honestly, it's just the fact you have to steal them from offline-based games you buy yourself so they're "private"-ly yours.

but nobody really gives a shit about using their system header, so you can just play online with .cias anyway: nintendo hasn't done anything about this in the past 3 years or so

>>144527234
i don't think they bricked, i think they just can't update. i've had that issue before, but i can't remember why it happens. iirc waiting for like a day before updating fixed it, but i'm sure there's a much better solution out there
>>
>>144527096

Anyone for the second part of this question?
>>
>>144527442
too lazy to check if they work on 9.2 gw emu but:

- 7th dragon
- Bravely Second
- Triforce Heroes
- ... actually, that's all I've been playing. RPGs are long and TFH has a really high replay value (to me, at least)
- Soon: Zero Escape 3 (ZTD)

.. of course, i have no idea what your gaming tastes are
>>
>>144527402
>i think they just can't update
when I was on Reinand I remember that not writing to firm actually gave me an error when I tried updating with cakes on the frankenfirmware
it's propably not needed but injecting the clean emuNAND and trying again seems smoother to me
but you're still right, might just be a fucked internet connection or some shit like that
>>
>>144527597

What happened to Mario Sunshine getting released for n3ds?
>>
File: Cumshroom.jpg (346 KB, 1507x818) Image search: [Google]
Cumshroom.jpg
346 KB, 1507x818
Walküre no Bōken: Toki no Kagi Densetsu dump when?
>>
>>144527758
What? I've never heard about that (and I was just listing those games off the top of my head. There's probably more but I'd have to check. Ask /v/ or /nintyg/ or something)
>>
>>144526660

So basically better to reserve whole day for this procedure? Thanks.

>Make an entire folder on your computer dedicated to hacking that specific 3DS

I only have one anyway, so I dont think it would matter...

>If you don't care about your current data on your system, you can format it to (probably) make the downgrade more likely to work.

I actually do. I have saves for two games and Nintendo ID. Could those be transfered to CFW running console after whole thing?
>>
>>144527106
I'm also getting this error. I'm at the end of part 3 of Plailect's. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>144528118
>I actually do. I have saves for two games and Nintendo ID. Could those be transfered to CFW running console after whole thing?
Just attempt the downgrade on that system: A softbrick forces you to update to latest firm to fix it. A system transfer forces you to update to latest firm too.

If you DID softbrick and wanted a hacked console with your data, buy another 3ds, hack it, system transfer OFW 11.0 to hacked CFW 11.0 on the other 3ds, then sell your initial 3ds and continue with your data on the hacked one.
>>
>Launch the Health and Safety Application (which is now FBI)
>Navigate to SD then PlaiSysUpdater.cia and press A to install

I must do this on RedNAND or on SysNAND?
>>
>>144528265

>buy another 3ds

Costly solution.
>>
>>144528265
Also no, you can't hardbrick

>>144528358
Read again. They have nothing to lose attempting to downgrade their current console, only being forced to update to latest firm if it fails. No hardbricks.
>>
http://pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD

Is this everything i need to enjoy dank wii u piracy?
>>
>>144527402
Thanks for the reply, but I can't find the 11.0 update.

mega:///#F!IApGwLJL!kYHL5jMlDfd0rmn6a8DaFw

This is outdated. Any help?
>>
>>144528339
Did you inject the .app to sysNAND or redNAND?
You can do it bro, which H&S is still H&S and which one is FBI?
>>
>>144528545
maybe you could try getting the most recent update from there, update to whatever it is, then attempt updating with system settings again? Just make sure you get the proper n3ds-o3ds-region pack or you may brick
>>
File: Untitled.png (10 KB, 309x172) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10 KB, 309x172
Im using one of those cheap, possibly fake R4 cards, I've never had any problems with this before, but I'm trying to change the default skin, but the background image appears skewed when the top screen should appear like the attached picture.
Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be? Maybe to do with the file type?
>>
File: Akane.gif (36 KB, 249x319) Image search: [Google]
Akane.gif
36 KB, 249x319
I've broken down and I'm going to buy an R4I SDHC for that forwarding power. Where did you guys buy your R4i? I want to make certain I get the right one and not a ripoff.
>>
>All variations of sysUpdater, not just PlaiSysUpdater, has a very small chance of causing a "soft brick" once the downgrade is complete and the device reboots. This will cause the system to boot directly to the Nintendo error screen instructing users to power off the device.

>The reason for this is unknown, but can be prevented by performing a system format before downgrading. It seems to happen very often on systems with ambassador status or who have DSiWare installed.

Stupid question but can I just delete any DSiWare/ambassador stuff to avoid this?
>>
>>144528983
no
>>
File: WP_20160605_17_26_48_Pro.jpg (301 KB, 1171x804) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160605_17_26_48_Pro.jpg
301 KB, 1171x804
>>144528768
Here's what it looks like on the actual system.
>>
>>144528637
I don't know, I just follow the guide...
I'm about to downgrade to 2.1, I'm scared
>>
>>144526586
I switch to luma but when i try to booted it up from hbl it says luma3ds.dat is missing, does i need to copy the .dat file too? As gbatemp doesn't told anything about copying the .dat file
>>
>>144528227
Anyone?
>>
>>144529173
.3dsx boot needs dat
a9lh needs arm9loaderhax.bin

>>144529153
The downgrade isn't scary. It's still on emuNAND. you're safe
the scary part is the rest of part 4 :^)
godspeed my child
>>
>>144529331
already has been answered
>shitty internet connection
>tubehax dns
>CFW blocks firm updates
>>
>>144529535
Internet connections stable, no tubehax, Plailect's says otherwise.
>>
>>144529361
I set everythings up but it's only show me a blackscreen when launching luma, does it need several tries or i did something wrong?
>>
>>144529050
I tried changing the image size but it just appeared more skewed as it got larger and still skewed but in a different way when smaller, maybe there's a jackpot perfect size?
>>
>>144529720
Are you using Luma?
Are you downloading files?
I once couldn't update as my PS4 was downloading GBs of gamepatches.

>>144529813
The first time launching it is kinda shitty as the menu doesn't like to boot
try holding select while booting and you should be able to get into the luma config
apply your patches and press start
>>
>>144530008
Yeah, luma, the most recent version. Nothing else is utilizing my home network, i've checked everything relevant from my router's end, and i've tried using both auto DNS settings and googles public DNS on my 3ds before updating.

Occasionally the progress bar moves a little bit at the start of the update before erroring out a minute or two later.
>>
I donwloaded Rayman Legends for loadiine but I noticed that it doesn´t have a meta folder (only code and content folders), is this a problem?
>>
>>144530008
Okay i use menuhax to boot luma instead and it works but ntr is bust, which ntr should i use anyway? I use shadow ntr anyway while using rxtools
>>
>>144530192
That shouldn't be the case.
How many times have you tried so far?
But I don't think it's because of the emuNAND itself.
>>
File: popup_02.jpg (817 KB, 900x1595) Image search: [Google]
popup_02.jpg
817 KB, 900x1595
???th for crushed dreams
>>
Soo, what can I do now with my 3ds after a sucessfull install of arm9loaderhax?
>>
>>144530981
20ish times. The homebrew irc suggested I try reinstalling my rednand from the backup, and that didnt have any success.

Is it possible the downgrade failed in some way?
>>
>>144530980
https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
just realized I'm using 3.4 for both n3DS and o3DS
will try switching to 3.2 on o3DS
you just need the firmware.bin from part 3 in your /luma/ folder

>>144531260
usually when downgrades fail you can't even create an emuNAND/run unsigned CIAs so I don't think that's it
have you tried using PlaySysUpdater?
>>
>>144532028
I have not.

Could someone point me to the most recent u n3ds update pack?
>>
>>144532028
Thank you anon, it works again. At last i can escape completely from rxtools grasp.
>>
>>144528983
>>144529015
Okay, so I'm at the step where I try to use svdt to back up my save games before doing a system format. But certain games will just give me a yellow screen and not back up anything. Is there any way to fix this?
>>
Z T D W H E N
>>
>>144532868
>Z T D
June 28
>>
Give it to me straight /hbg/

When Generations hits the US will I be able to transfer my save over from MHX? If so, how? With a hex editor, or will it be harder? Will it be easier?

What's the consensus.
>>
>>144533226
Nobody can know if someone with the skills will make a transfer tool. It was done by hand with 4G, but that was somewhat ahead of the explosion of popularity of 3DS CFW.
>>
>>144533226
I think this time they actually changed some shit and didn't just translate it.
Also someone has to make the tool.
>>
>>144533226
Impossible to say for sure. We know that Generations will be missing a few things from MHX though, it's very much possible that it'll be a long manual process that ends up losing a few things regardless... so I wouldn't hold your breath for a practical solution.
>>
Am I supposed to use BigBlueMenu to install DLC on 3DS?
>>
>>144533635
Just use the latest FBI2, it has all of the magic that DevMenu and its clones have.
>>
>>144533536
What basis would you have for even speculating that? Capcom has forever been to lazy to do a thing like that.
>>
>>144533706
Is FBI2 in the pastebin?
>>
>>144533797
In the OP, I missed a space. It's FBI 2, not some kind of special fork or anything.
>>
https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/739507480313499649

if you're not already using tubehax dns you better do so now
>>
>>144533706
>>144533797
Oh wait nvm. I tried using FBI to install but the DLC wasn't showing up.
>>
What is the title ID for Pokemon Omega Ruby? The 3dsdb says 11c4, but I only have 11c5 on my 3DS.
>>
>>144533729
There were some pictures on the MonHun General
something about making it more appealing for the targeted age group
like giving tips where to hit the monster and stuff like that
so doesn't seem to only be a translation patch with just a whole bunch of shit removed from the game
>>
>>144533419
>>144533536
>>144533565

Christ, maybe I should ask around on GBA temp if a conversion tool is in the works. Probably won't come out until Generations comes out though I'm sure.

I'm fine with playing MHX until it does though.
>>
>>144527758
Speculation over what became Paper Jam.
>>
>>144526586
>Nah. You keep your EmuNAND. Just change your CFW.
Does the same apply for switching from Gateway emuNAND to A9LH? I have a good number of games on my GW EN.
>>
File: dwight_question.jpg (11 KB, 400x139) Image search: [Google]
dwight_question.jpg
11 KB, 400x139
I have a few questions.
I'm an rxtools babby. Is there any reason to switch to Luma3ds? I'm content with where I'm at right now, does it provide any large benefits?
On an O3DS, is there any way to get a jap keyboard? I need it for a game password which requires moonrunes.
Is freeshop legit and is there a guide for it?
>>
Do you get banned if you post a loadiine game on the Smash Bros miiverse? I'm tempted, but also a pussy.
>>
>>144534152
Never mind, I figured it out. I do have another question. Is deleting broken user data a good idea?
>>
>>144533883
So does this mean IOSU soon?
>>
>>144534578
back up your emunand and once you have a9lh installed write that gw backup to sysnand with hourglass9
>>
What do you use to dump Wii U games? My Internet is so ass that it would be faster to borrow my friend's copy of Bayonetta and dump it.
>>
>Have to wait a week for FreakyForms to get here
>Constantly afraid that Nintendo will do something to make it autoupdate or not allow me to play it
Who else /paranoid/ here
>>
I installed a 3DS theme cia and all my old themes are gone. Uhh
>>
>>144535557
>overwriting sysNAND with a GW NAND backup
That doesn't seem safe.
>>
>>144535709
3DS can't autoupdate
>>
>>144535709
>Nintendo will do something to make it autoupdate or not
They can't. The most that will happen is that your device will detect an available update and prompt you to update.
>>
>>144535815
GW NAND is actually no different from your normal NAND. Hell, you could have a Luma3DS nand and use GW to boot into it. It is completely safe, I did it myself
>>
>>144535815
it is on a9lh tho
true mastereace

>>144535995
>Luma3DS NAND
what even
emuNANDs are all the same
there is only GW emu
only redNAND is different
>>
>>144536095
>emuNANDs are all the same
that is what I am saying. You can use any CFW to boot into any emunand since they are the same. RedNAND is just a slightly different implementation
>>
>>144535376
In time for chrismas, Hykem promised
>>
Could someone point me to the most recent n3ds u update pack. I'm having no luck updating my rednand in luma through system settings
>>
PS2 question please hep a guy out here. I have a modded PS2 and everything that I use to play burned discs on but I am trying to play shadow hearts and it has 2 discs. I heard you need dual layer discs but how does that work? Do I need to burn it to 2 separate discs or can I burn them both to the same one? HELP.
>>
So I just finished homebrewing one of my N3DSes and I have an ass of files/folders in the 3DS folder. Can anyone let me know what files I need to keep for it to run properly? I followed the github guide in the first post so it's pretty much directly after going through all 5 steps of that.
>>
>>144536341
Literally the last part of the fucking guide
>>
>>144536341
Scroll down you retard
>>
>>144536340
I would imagine you could burn two different discs. It's worth a shot, I guess. The game is 2 separate discs. I'm not sure how that works with disc burning.

>>144536095
>>144535995
Alright, I'll look into that at a later time, then. Thanks.
>>
>>144536579
>>144536710

It only shows outside of the 3DS folder, it doesn't mention anything about inside the 3DS folder, which is what I was asking about.
>>
Im using this guie to set up loadiine
http://pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD

Is it really just this easy or do i need more shit?
>>
File: 1463472396523.jpg (34 KB, 960x498) Image search: [Google]
1463472396523.jpg
34 KB, 960x498
yo when the fuck is someone gonna patch Freakyhax for the non-deluxe version
>>
>>144525649
what's confusing? just start from part 4
>>
Are you not able to go to friends list after the proccess?
>>
>>144537508
why the fuck did you buy the non deluxe version
>>
>>144535786
Okay now all my themes are gone. What did I do?
>>
File: 1455134244699.jpg (25 KB, 470x599) Image search: [Google]
1455134244699.jpg
25 KB, 470x599
>>144537686
I didn't.
I still have it installed from when I first got it in 2012.
I also can't find a copy of Deluxe in my local stores/online for a reasonable price (i.e. not £25).
I've seen it on gamestop for $5, it's not that unreasonable.
>>
>>144537790
I was slightly confused by your post, I read
>Okay now all my memes are gone. What did I do?
>>
>>144537508
why the fuck are you on 11.0 sysnand without a9lh?
>>
File: 1454795978843.jpg (54 KB, 336x470) Image search: [Google]
1454795978843.jpg
54 KB, 336x470
>>144537928
Because I'm a dumb fuck who just wanted to download Sm4sh DLC without going through all the hastle to set up a custom firmware thing.
>>
Let me rephrase my sentence, am I not able to access my friends list while on a9lh?

Everytime I click on the app it just freezes, also is it safe for me to access the nin store and sign to my nintendo account ?

I just finished doing this last night, please excuse my newness.
>>
File: 1465005577480.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1465005577480.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>Decide that today is the day that I upgrade to a9lh
>Open the guide
>Those walls of text

Is it really worth all this shit?
>>
>>144538074
>not getting cfw and getting all the dlc for free wihtou ever needing to update the actual firmware
L
E
L
>>
Has anyone successfully used smashhax to downgrade? I can get to the homebrew menu but PlaiSysUpdater always gets stuck at Hax Init...
>>
>>144536850
>/3ds/
all homebrew you want to keep?
>/Nintendo 3DS/
the biggest folder has all your previous games. feel free to delete any other folder but private if you have one

>>144538181
Let your 3DS sit for 10min after opening friendlist
Not even joking

>>144538204
Ye
>>
How do I get GBA working on a9h? I followed the tutorial to cfw my 3DS and everything went well. I don't have a emmunand anymore because of the tutorial btw
>>
>>144538204
>can't read a couple screen of instructions
>anime poster
It's definitely not for you
>>
File: 1456344458376.jpg (45 KB, 640x624) Image search: [Google]
1456344458376.jpg
45 KB, 640x624
>>144538269
>getting all the dlc for free
Shit, that sounds useful.
And I don't really play online, so that's even better.
>>
>>144538327
I guess that's what I wasn't sure about. So nothing in that /3DS folder is needed to boot or anything right? Like I still have OTPHelper and stuff in the folder but I don't see myself using that kinda stuff again since I'm already good to go

Thanks for the actual reply by the way, much appreciated
>>
>>144538327
>>144538394
I honestly don't mind doing all this since I'm pretty max autist and always try to improve everything to the best it can be, the only thing that's bugging me is that I've heard it involves you putting your 3ds at risk again and with the N3DS being unstable as shit with the original downgrade I'm having second thoughts.
>>
>>144524251
Now was that so fucking hard OP?

But really, better late than never.
>>
>>144538468
Deleted most of the shit too.
As almost everything has an alternative CIA version you don't really need hbl anymore
Unless there's some comfy homebrew you plan to keep you neither need the payload, boot.3dsx nor the /3ds / folder

>>144538724
All the files are being checked by the tools
no more 90% brick chance - writing firm before everything else - kinda things
there's still RNG but that will always be the case
>>
Has anyone here tried out that new 7th Dragon for 3ds?
>>
>>144537418
Anyone?
>>
File: 1452022784955.jpg (122 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1452022784955.jpg
122 KB, 640x480
How long until a9lh gets updated for 11.0?
Currently, the only option is to hardmode the system and downgrade.
>>
>>144538295
After some googling it seems like I need to downgrade from 10.7 to 10.5 before downgrading to 9.2 or else it won't work. Do links for 10.5 exist? I can't for the life of me find one.
>>
Trying to install Fates DLC keeps giving me errors. What do?
>>
is bravely default and bravely second really 3 gb?
>>
File: 1448372997411.jpg (164 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
1448372997411.jpg
164 KB, 650x488
>>144534707
pls resond
>>
>>144538926
Sounds good, gonna charge the DS and get rid of that. I really don't like my list of homebrew being so crowded with shit I'm never gonna use.

Much thanks for the help
>>
>>144538959
I have it, not half bad
>>
>>144538959
Its pretty good but its not for everyone. If you like dungeon crawlers then give it a go. Difficulty is moderate.
>>
>>144539168
A9LH works just fine on 11.0 ;)
>>
Is there a good video guide out for setting up oot3dhax on a n3ds?
>>
File: 1453782684534.png (4 KB, 164x202) Image search: [Google]
1453782684534.png
4 KB, 164x202
>>144539438
I'm talking about installing it on 11.0, not updating from a pre-existing install on a earlier firmware.
>>
>>144539168
Never
>>
Do emulators count as homebrew (i.e. Citra)?
>>
What's a good Pokemon romhack?

There's so many of them, are they even worth playing?
>>
>>144539307
So does it play like Etrian Odyssey?
>>
>>144539592
When you go out and find a kernel exploit on 11.0.

We're all waiting.
>>
>>144537418
ANYONE?
>>
File: 1452075542062.jpg (465 KB, 892x456) Image search: [Google]
1452075542062.jpg
465 KB, 892x456
>>144539791
Well shit.
Any idea on how long until we find a easy way to downgrade then?
>>
>>144539860
I like the Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series (especially 1 Reign of Legends and 3 Life of guardians) a lot, but they're only GBA hacks. Still good ones and worth checking out imo
>>
>>144539860
Meme sapphire.
>>
File: Damage Control.gif (1 MB, 450x333) Image search: [Google]
Damage Control.gif
1 MB, 450x333
>>144539987
Don't be so smart alec, anon.
>>
Okay so every time I install a new theme using FBI, it deletes all my old ones. Is it supposed to do that?
>>
>>144539229
Luma is actually still getting updates. Might as well change now, who knows what a new system update will bring.
>>
>>144540186
>Don't be so smart alec
nice grammar
>>
File: 1458705028825.jpg (69 KB, 500x678) Image search: [Google]
1458705028825.jpg
69 KB, 500x678
>>144540325
It's spelt that way when you google it.
Did you want it with a K at the end?
>>
>>144538356
Anyone?
>>
>cakes hasn't had a new nightly in a month
>hasn't had a new stable in 3

is it dead?
>>
>>144538356
you just install the GBA Inject?
>>
>>144538959
>>144539275
>>144539307
>>144539953
>tfw nobody will ever post the qr code for you
;_;
>>
>>144540463
it's actually "Don't be a smart alec," but yeah
>>
>>144540509
it works automatically when you run Luma
>>
>>144540581
I just installed the .cia
>>144540690
I get a black freeze screen upon booting any gba games
>>
>>144540558
Something that was dead to begin with cannot die.
>>
>>144540558
Nope
>>
>>144539991
forever
11.0 never ever
>>
Do you still have to install the patched AGB these days or does Luma sort that shit out for you?
>>
File: 1462156806563.png (249 KB, 340x314) Image search: [Google]
1462156806563.png
249 KB, 340x314
>>144540929
>never ever
>>
>>144540929
Wait, shit! I was just taking about upgrading to a9lh but it can't be done if your emuNAND is on 11.0?
>>
>>144541145
no, you should be able to do it just fine. just start at part 4: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-%28Getting-the-OTP%29
>>
Can >cakes bypass the extra online check that these Luma fags keep asking about?

I used to use ctr-httpwn but it stopped working recently, is there a similar work around for a 10.7 hbl only ds?
>>
>>144540647
just download the cia it's already been posted by a few people
>>
>>144541323
yes but i'm too dumb not to use the qr code
>>
>>144541028
luma does it for you automatically
>>
>use this guide: http://pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD
>launch site and try to boot HBL
>get SD mount failed every time, while i followed the instructions to a T

What am i doing wrong?
>>
>>144541468
you'd have to be the most retarded person to ever live to not be able to install the cia. Literally just drag and drop into your folder and install
>>
>>144541595
>you'd have to be the most retarded person to ever live
Yep, I pretty much am
>>
>>144541265
There's no extra online check, just the usual friends list version check. The only reason you couldn't go online with Luma 5.4 is because Luma had a patch for that that always (unconditionally) patched the version to 10.7 levels and Nintendo started requiring 11.0. The fixed patch now only patches the version up, not down.

ctr-httpwn should still work.
>>
>>144541245
Why 4? Shouldn't I do part 3?

I did my cfw back when the exploit first came out so I've never touched any of this rednand stuff
>>
>>144541591
Did you remember to actually put the SD card back in your Wii U? Try taking it out and putting it back in anyway, some cards sometimes fail to make contact.
>>
>>144541809
read the preface of part 4 about emunand and rednand
>>
>>144541726
How much did you pay to get CFW on your 3DS?
>>
>>144541809
Oh right, changing the name get's really confusing sometimes.

Should've just stuck with calling it emuNAND, thanks anyway.
>>
>>144541809
from the guide
>If you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4. Note that anywhere "RedNAND" is mentioned, you can pretend it says "EmuNAND" instead as they are very similar and the instructions will be the same other than that.
>>
>>144539521
Check youtube. No, I'm not kidding.
>>
Just got a PSTV for free off a friend that didn't use it. It has 3.20 so I decided I'd try hacking it. I installed TN-V using the mail exploit and some random PSP demo I put on it through my PSP, but I don't really get how I'm supposed transfer homebrew to it. Anyone know how to transfer files to the PSP/GAME part of the internal storage? I don't have a memory card.
>>
>>144541879
It is in the wii u

Could it be because its a Micro SD using a adapter?
>>
>>144541728
Hm, I'll try again but I've been getting the "an update is required" message.

Would it be because of an o3ds running smash/mhx in extended memory mode? I.e. rebooting and wiping the bypass made by ctr-httpwn?
>>
>>144542021
through my PS3*
>>
>>144541998
they didn't change it, rednand really is different. it functions the same on the outside, it's just a bit more optimized in terms of speed/space

but yeah, just follow all the steps as if "rednand" said "emunand" and you should be good (it says that in the preface of part 4)
>>
>>144542073
Yeah, that'd do it. I don't think there's a way to play those games with httpwn on O3DS.

You should probably just get around to downgrading and using CFW.
>>
>>144541962
NOTHING I DID IT MYSELF WITHOUT FOLLOWING THE GUIDE
EVERYTHING WENT PERFECTLY
>>
>>144542195
I have done on my o3ds, just not updated to 11.0.

I ask about hbl bc my friend used to go through ctr-httpwn to play smash. He's a latefag and won't let me load cfw yet. Idk why.

Thank you for your help anon.
>>
>>144541879
Reinserting it helped i guess

Thanks
>>
Obligatory /hbg/ Music Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXoZsgNHquM
>>
>>144542851
I prefer this one, personally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrxX9TBj2zY
>>
>>144543473
Lets make the Pirate theme the Success theme and the Brick theme the failed one
>>
>>144542551
don't do it
something will go wrong and he will blame you for it
your friendship will fade and as he can't play on his 3DS he will spend his time talking to your oneitis
they will fall in love and you won't be invited to their wedding
don't install CFW for him
>>
>>144543473
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES9ehAUOjQk
>>
File: 1464058494000.png (537 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
1464058494000.png
537 KB, 800x480
>>144542851
>>144543473
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkplPbd2f60
>>
>>144539953
from what i've played it's basically Etrian but in a top-down perspective and not having to map the dungeons
>>
Why does everyone use fucking MEGA to upload cia files.

I'm always getting errors downloading from there
>>
>>144543756
Waoh, I'm gonna uninstall OoThax and update his 3ds right away!

You saved me bro.
>>
>>144543936
I've never had issues with MEGA. At least it isn't datafile where every download takes +10hrs to finish
>>
>>144543936
mega and google drive are probably the best places to download them from, never had any problems from there, you can try downloading the game via qr with fbi if you want
>>
>>144543890
Basically, it's a fair bit easier than EO and you only have three man teams, with two back up teams you can swap at any time outside of a fight.

The story is anime nonsense and it's a bit too easy, but what I've been playing of it has still been pretty good. I just wish there was more of a bite to the difficulty, once you find the more overpowered setups you can just roll through anything.

The reason people compare 7th Dragon to EO is because the first game in the series was made by former EO devs, and the music is by the same composer.
>>
>>144543936
I use the mipony download manager when downloading from MEGA.
>>
>>144543936
Use Jdownloader
>>
>>144536340
you could burn it on 2 dvd5, and change the discs when the game requires it, or burn it on a single dvd9
for the 2 dvd5, you should use the version of the game with 2 .iso
for the 1 dvd9 you should use the version of the game with 1 .iso
don't put 2 .iso on a dvd9
>>
Why are yellow screens on menuhax getting more frequent? Shit didn't happen as much as it did now.
>>
>>144545206
>menuhax

Well there's your problem, ololololololol.
>>
>>144543936
it just werks for me
>>
>>144545206
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-improve-menuhax-boot-rate-to-nearly-100.410764/
>>
Is it worth the hassle to get a9lh on your 3ds when you already have emunand
>>
IOSU when?
>>
>>144544349
also the fact that 7th Dragon 1, even with the "easy mode" patch, is hard as balls
>>
File: 1398121717338.jpg (195 KB, 922x882) Image search: [Google]
1398121717338.jpg
195 KB, 922x882
Just finished all 5 parts and currently installing a game I've been wanting to play.

Can I delete the .cia file after FBI installs it or do I need to keep it on the SD card? I only have a 4gb memory stick.
>>
I havent messed with my 3DS since february or whatever and now I need to update my shit.
Should I go with the Luma3DS thing?
Also I read the tutorial and it mentions that there three ways to install it depending on the method I use now: Homebrew Launcher, CTR Boot Manager, or Menuhax, but what I have been using to boot the CFW till now is the browser method where I go to a link and the rxtools screen shows up, booting the emuNand or whatever its called.
Which of the methods that corresponds to?
>>
File: 1375007573487.gif (2 MB, 240x181) Image search: [Google]
1375007573487.gif
2 MB, 240x181
yo guys I'm completely lost here

installed rxTools on a 6.3.0-12E 3ds and used browserhax, now I haven't touched it in months but browserhax doesn't seem to be working anymore and I guess I need to update a lot of shit

what should I update to? Found some guide for upgrading rxTools to Luma but it doesn't mention browserhax and I'm retarded
>>
Is there a way to spoof FW on 5.5 yet?
Seems 5.6 will drop soon™.
>>
>>144545601
Yes
>>
>>144546016
you can delete it afterwards, if you install it with a cia on the sd you need double the space so if a game is 2gb you need 4gb free, if you install by just scanning the qr code you only need the first space
>>
>>144546165
cool thanks!
>>
File: 1361223626009.gif (1 MB, 532x372) Image search: [Google]
1361223626009.gif
1 MB, 532x372
>>144546041
>>144546093
sick dude
>>
File: fd.jpg (85 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
fd.jpg
85 KB, 466x700
who's ready for some triforce heroes? (i have all 3 regions)
>>
ZTD leak when
>>
>>144547046
When>>144531068 gets dumped.
Never ever
>>
>>144546093
>>144546041
Heres what you gotta do

Install smealum Homebrew Launcher on 3ds as well as menu hax(Plenty of guides should be simple drag drop into sd then clear browser and cookies from browser and back out before anything loads on browswer and then restart ds scan qr code for website click the thing on the corner and youll get into it. If it fails to launch and crashes browser just reset cookies and history again and keep trying its fucking random)

Then when you finally get into homebrew launcher install menu hax and if it says change your theme before it can work just restart ds change theme and go back to browser and menu hax. From here just follow the luma guide

I did this with 9.2 whatever so I dont know anything else good luck
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.