[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/rlg/ - Rougelike General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 167
File: good ambush.jpg (3 KB, 125x101) Image search: [Google]
good ambush.jpg
3 KB, 125x101
Crawl 0.18 "Beta": http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/0-18-release-tournament
Crawl 0.18 Tournament starts May 6: http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.18/

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: http://pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: http://pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
http://roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
http://pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

Old thread >>140646794
>>
wow i uploaded a thumnail, im retart
>>
>>140888696
rlg/ - Rougelike General - Thumbnail Edition
>>
Great laff m8
>>
>>140889637
>good ambush.jpg (3 KB, 125x101)
now, im giggling
>>
>>140888696
>>140888849
>...of all time.jpg

>>140889724
ghahaha you got me giggling too
>>
File: 144786549366.png (470 KB, 786x512) Image search: [Google]
144786549366.png
470 KB, 786x512
>>140888696
OP's character must have been a klackon
>>
>>140888696
Formicid Edition
Rev up them large shields and 3swords boys.
>>
>>140890313
>Not firing your 3xbow from behind your LARGE SHIELD
TWO GREAT BIG BLOODY HANDFULS FOR THESE BUGGAS
>>
I have a +6 ice dragon armour and just found a pearl one +0 for 1600 gold. Should i buy it?
>>
>be me
>invincible Minotaur Fighter
>Elder of The Shining One
>16 skill in Long Blades
>+3 Flaming Scimitar
>10 skill in Armor, Shield
>Wrapped in plate and tower shield
>Mutated larger horns
>two-shotting hydras in lair
>get to lair 4
>pack of Death Yaks
>might, haste, divine shield
>heh. nothing personnel
>*blinks behind yak*
>mfw
>>
>>140892836
The Ice armour has higher AC but Pearl would be better for you.
>>
>start new character on Cata
>it's sunny out
>go loot what I can from my shelter, and promptly set out for adventure
>starts raining almost as soon as I get out of view of the shelter I just left
EVERY. FUCKING. TIME. Is there any way to influence/adjust the weather patterns? Because I'm so fucking sick of it raining for like half the fucking game. Plus, later on once I get myself set up, the rain is basically free drinking water so I never have to worry about thirst ever again, so it might as well only exist during the beginning part of the game.
>>
best thread
>>
File: TIMETOLEAVETHEMALLBEHIND.jpg (2 MB, 700x1844) Image search: [Google]
TIMETOLEAVETHEMALLBEHIND.jpg
2 MB, 700x1844
>>140892989
>fighting more than 1 dyak at a time
>ever
Around yaks, watch your back.
>>
File: vorpal jabberwock.png (419 KB, 1400x708) Image search: [Google]
vorpal jabberwock.png
419 KB, 1400x708
i was prepared
thanks to vampire convict guy
i knew
>>
File: timetoleavethemallbehind.png (66 KB, 961x582) Image search: [Google]
timetoleavethemallbehind.png
66 KB, 961x582
>>140894649
Wait, that isn't the right one. Why do I have so many MGR filenames?
>>
>>140893648
Rain isn't even that bad. The morale malus wears off really quickly, the free water is immediately accessible, and it really isn't that hard to mitigate whatever penalties rain confers just by wearing a jacket.
>>
File: d1774.gif (1 MB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
d1774.gif
1 MB, 270x270
How do you play as a ring? Whenever I glitter it always attracts some street urchin (with no attacks) so my only option is to suicide into a monster and hope it puts me on but they always notice that I'm cursed and kill me.
>>
File: Dandy.png (248 KB, 1150x580) Image search: [Google]
Dandy.png
248 KB, 1150x580
>>140897263
The worst part about rain is that it ruins molotov spam
>>
>>140899451
I haven't actually use molly's in the longest time. I just set whole buildings on fire to drop them on problematic zombies.
>>
>You have been poisoned
>--more--
>You have been more poisoned.
>--more--
>--more--
>--more--
>--more--
>--more--
I fucking get it.
is there a setting to auto---more--
>>
>>140897263
I went exploring in the rain once on the edge of town. As I approached one of the houses on the outskirt, a corrosive zombie popped out from around the edge of LOS. He was too close to me once I spotted him to run or hide because for whatever reason all the zombies that will kill you if you can't run away are always faster than you if you have slower than 100 move speed, so I had to stand and fight with my freshly crafted molotov cocktails. I attempted to light the molotov, but it was extinguished immediately after. Fuck. Hoping that it was just some percentage chance to extinguish while it's raining, I tried to light it again. Nope. I can light a single piece of thread on fire, in the rain, under a zombie's ass and watch him burn to death to it while tanking his blows but somehow lighting a relatively large rag soaked in a highly flammable substance is extinguished with 100% certainty after a single turn. At this point the piece of shit corrosive zombie started flinging his high damage 100% accuracy bullshit at me through some of his fellow meatshields, and the speed malus from pain started to stack quickly. Only the molotov could have saved me from the moment I spotted the fucker, but there was still hope, if only my character could keep the molotov lit for a single turn. But no. 100 speed turned to 50 speed turned to 25 speed, then gg. So fuck you and fuck your rain. Pools and water tiles in general have infinite free water too and you don't have to craft fucking funnels or wait around forever to access it. Rain is shit tier, and it's not because of the morale penalty
>>
>>140894927
>this newb is going to win after his first run while vampire convict guy has never won after hundreds of attempts
>>
>>140899859
You didn't have any melee? You didn't juke him and sprint away? Why are you moving so slowly? Is your dodge skill 0?
>>
>>140899993
>You didn't juke him and sprint away?
what does this mean, how do you juke
Anyway I know it was my fault because I didn't take a safer approach toward the building so when he popped out from around the corner of the building he was pretty close, and I had some leg encumbrance and residual pain that slowed me down a little, so when I initially tried to run he was gaining on me. It was a ranged character but I hadn't found any guns, only bows which are kinda shit now. I just didn't notice the rain and don't remember the rain extinguishing molotovs
>>
>>140899859
>are always faster than you if you have slower than 100 move speed
Did you forget to actually run and just tried to walk away or did you, for some reason, tried to rush into a zombie-infested area with no stamina?
>>
>>140900573
how do you run
Isn't that in the experimental build only?
>>
>>140900447
You can hit " to sprint away at the cost of stamina.

>>140900638
Only play experimentals. The stable is obnoxiously outdated.
>>
>>140899779
which game
>>
share dcss macros, please
>>
>>140900876
Stone soup, sorry.
I'm just butthurt because I'm bad.
>>
>>140900880
* -> za.
/ -> zb.
- -> o
s -> '
spellcaster o-tabbing with numpad only
weapon swap moved from ' to s
>>
>>140900997
it's not even a --more-- by default, you set that in your rc file

just find the bit with force_more_message += "you are (more )?poisoned and delete it
>>
so apparently you can sprint in version 0.C
which would trivialize a ton of encounters holy shit
>>
>>140900880
tab is a lua script, does that count

>>140901040
>numpad
leave this place and never return
>>
>>140901348
I'm not sure I understand.
What's wrong with using tenkey?
>>
>>140901348
>tab is a LUA script
ok I'm curious
>>
>>140901660
https://github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/master/crawl-ref/source/dat/clua/autofight.lua

originally it wasn't enabled by default and you had to specifically add a line to your config file to load autofight.lua
>>
File: wat.png (20 KB, 355x150) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
20 KB, 355x150
>see this on dcss main page
>looks kinda cool
>decide to roll edgelord gargoyle of yredelemnul
>gargoyles can't even worship yredelemnul
What a load of kobold shit.
>>
>>140902568
>made out of stone
>wants to worship a god that hates all unliving creatures
>>
>>140902568
Worship dith for max edge.
>>
So how did you get into RLs?
What was your first RL?
What do you like about RLs?
What is your favourite RL?
What is your least favourite RL?
What other genres do you like?
>>
>>140903601
Thought Dredmor looked neat.
Dredmor.
The choices required of the player to make short term and long term decisions based on current gear, synergy and making hedges on how to improve your build based on what you could find.
DCSS
I dislike content heavy *bands and I'm not a big fan of *hacks.
CUHRAZY action games, and ARPGS like the souls games. I'm really into fire emblem as well.

What about you, bump anon?
>>
I dreamed that in dank ninja's server you could see the conducts of a dude in the high score
And then, just when I was going to win, I saved and went to bed. The server told me that there were no free spaces left because I had used them all since every single place in the high score was mine
So it deleted my save

It was a horrible dream
I don't want to dream that anymore
I will get a 11 conduct win, I'll ho in the notable nethack players page and I'll finally be happy.
>>
>>140903601
>So how did you get into RLs?
I played Azure Dreams on real Playstation console, several years later googled the wiki page, and found the genre was roguelike.

>What was your first RL?
Azure Dreams

>What do you like about RLs?
Dating sims, anime girls, perma death, replayability.

>What is your favourite RL?
Azure Dreams

>What is your least favourite RL?
Crawl

>What other genres do you like?
Tactics RPG

I'll kill for open source Azure Dreams game. Imagine :
>100+ girls to date
>100+ NPC with tons of quest
>multiple towns
>multiple towers
>tons of new item
>story
>open source
>update
>balanced

Why the fuck no one makes it yet ?
>>
>>140903601
I saw ToME on sale on the steam store in a four pack for like 4 bucks and bought it for me and my friends.
ToME
I like alot about roguelike's but probably the thing i like the most is the uniqueness in runs and characters. i feel like each character is their own different character each run. its a personality depth that i really enjoy. plus the tactical gameplay.
My favorite RL bounces around some depending on what i'm playing at the time but probably ToME or Poschengband. i just love how much content they have.
least favorite that i've played... hmmm... i actually don't know that i've played one i didn't like at least a bit. I guess Sword of Stars: the pit wasn't all that interesting the couple runs i tried on it.
I like lots of genre's of games but things with tactical gameplay, good difficulty, and lots of character variety are typically the ones i go for.
>>
>>140898251
glitter to get some town dork
go stand on a stair tile somewhere for safety purposes
dismount the town dork (and at your option, also unsummon him entirely) using the 'p'ets menu
glitter for something that's not a town monster
>>
>>140898251
oh and imo you really need a lot of charisma, probably even slightly moreso than intelligence, so you can control your ringbearers. Watch out, unique bearers get saving throw chances 10x as frequently as nonuniques.
>>
>>140903601
Memes.
>>
>>140900880
One-handed crawl mostly

M:\{-255}
A:c

M:\{-250}
A:e

M:*
A:5

M:+
A:Y

M:-
A:N

M:/
A:\{9}o
>>
Most underrated roguelike? Or, if you prefer, relatively unknown roguelike you think everyone should try.
>>
File: hostile coaligned unicorn.png (15 KB, 664x465) Image search: [Google]
hostile coaligned unicorn.png
15 KB, 664x465
This unicorn forgot its alignment! But on the bright side, eating spider corpses finally gave me poison resistance, yay!
>>
>>140905759
The roguelike you love.
>>
>>140905759
rogue
>>
>>140904868
>>140904967
A little late to reply since I made some food but thanks for the advice, I've been rolling high int scores instead of cha.
>>
>>140905759
demon
>>
>>140888696
rougelike
>>
Trying to make a macro for crawl that finds the nearest stairs and goes down/up it

M:-
A:X>\{13}>

bugs out and only enters map mode and then goes to a seemingly-random location on the map.

Any ideas to fix this?
>>
I just found an almost entirely functional main battle tank and have decided that that I must make it into my base. The only parts that are broken are the treads. All 20 tiles of them. I need caterpillar treads to fix them and a repair skill of 7, neither of which I have. So I'm thinking I just remove them and replace them with the 20 biggest wheels I can scavenge around the city. Will it work?
>>
File: d1716.png (983 KB, 684x701) Image search: [Google]
d1716.png
983 KB, 684x701
>>140905759
Wayward.
>>
>>140906360
In CDDA, if that wasn't obvious.
>>
>>140903601
Tabletop RPG's led to finding Nethack jokes mixed in with D&D jokes.
>What was your first RL?
Nethack
Replayability. Randomness. Exploration and discovery. Permadeath. How they are free and run on toasters. But mainly replayability. Most games I can't fathom playing more than once.
Demon. It may still be in early development but it's very user friendly while still being brutal. Plus, making a team of mythological hybrids is just fantastic, lore and mechanics wise.
ADoM. Unfriendly UI, a bunch of nonintuitive nonsense like 'food preservation' and 'bridge building' as skills, and even when I wasn't dying to door traps and starvation, I didn't find combat of much tactical interest.

Cataclysm sucks as soon as survival got mastered and the boring wasteland of furry triviality revealed itself.

Also not really a fan of older RLs anymore. They had their time, but frankly the spoileriffic and grindan' elements killed them for me, and the general bad UI buried them.

Shooters can be alright, but I prefer Borderlands and Bioshock to Call of Duty- I'm there for the world and weird powers, not the PvP.

Fighting games are fun but I'm 'buttonmashing noob' tier.

Strategy wargames I like, but not in real-time. Dominions 4, not Starcraft.

Bloodborne was 10/10 for me (hell, Chalice Dungeons were almost a roguelike experience). I guess that's an action/adventure game? Actual RPGs tend to be too much cutscene, not enough game for me- I wanna do gamey things, if I wanted a movie/novel I would consume one.

Be sure to upboat and subscribe to my blog
>>
>>140903601
DCSS from fuck knows what when I was like, damn, twelve or so. I played a ton of gladiators but didn't realize scrolls did shit. There was only ACSII then, and I don't think I really got what everything was or how to examine shit, either. I got my first win at fourteen, a MfSk. Good times.

I like that they're so anti-spoonfeeding, I loathe just how unstimulating many games are in comparison - a quality roguelike can usually hold my attention for hours, unlike other games. I don't know, I like the community, I like the "try again, better yourself as a player" - mentality, it's very refreshing, very uplifting.

It's a shared spot between Sil, Infra Arcana and UnrealWorld, with UrW being my top favorite and Crawl my most played.

I don't have a least favorite, really - they all have merits. The one I play the least are *bands and *hacks, but that's just from a lack of trying.

I really enjoy strategy games, and roleplaying games. Think Master of Magic, Sunless Sea, Dominions, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 or Rimworld.
>>
I'm playing crawl. XL 21, 2 runes collected, tried first level of vaults and got wrecked, tried first 2 levels of depths and got wrecked. Did I spec so wrong it's the end? I have ~20 in polearms, fighting, armor and dodging, leveled str and dex equally, so I don't really understand why I can't even 1v1 tab fucking emperor scorpions without potions. It also kinda escape me how people get 40+ AC with 30+ EV at this point on screenshots, I only got 25 AC and 15 EV.
>>
>>140906506
Well I would guess yeah since vehicle physics in that game are pretty lenient. I've never really bothered with tanks before so I wouldn't know.
>>
File: moneythief.png (20 KB, 664x465) Image search: [Google]
moneythief.png
20 KB, 664x465
There's the girl that stole all my money! Unfortunately I'd get stomped if I were to fight her now, though.
>>
>>140905759
Demon

I tried it out after ponyposter admitted they were samefagging and shitposting it whenever it came up, and it was really unique. Kinda reminded me of DoomRL i how it takes a non-roguelike concept but then pulls it off.

Though I understand some people dislike the 'squad of customized demons' instead of 'lone unstoppable badass @'
>>
>>140906664
I agree, they made vaults and depths a shitshow to add challenge for already spoiled players, but it just makes it really tough with a sub-optimal build or as a new player. And my defenses always end up shit, or I have to go balls deep in armor/dodging and have ineffectual attacks. Are you playing online? Someone could help give guidance. Post a chardump on pastebin
>>
>>140906726
Well, I'm going to try. I'll report back. Probably won't finish until tomorrow, scouring the city for wheels and getting them back to the tank is a lot of work. Luckily I've cleared most of the z's already, though.
>>
>>140906946
>I tried it out after ponyposter admitted they were samefagging and shitposting it whenever it came up
That's mememore. Get your threadhistory right you cis scum
>>
>>140906360
Sure
Wheel requirements are very easy to meet right now, despite nerfs. You only really need 4 wheels and center of mass between them.
>>
>>140907170
Wha? Only 4? Is there any size requirement?
>>
>>140907252
Nearly unnoticeable. Anything bigger than casters will do.
But it will be unbearably slow if they're too small.
>>
>>140907352
Thanks, good to know.
Now I'm tempted to put scooter wheels on it just for the giggles.
>>
XOM PLS
>>
I've just realized that dynahack has an option: "seduction" that you can turn off to add the celibate conduct! No more imperfect 11-conduct run, I can toggle that to have a perfectly rounded 12 conduct run! Of course it doesn't come out on the deathscreen, but neither does spell-less, which I enforce by sitting on an antimagic trap and not learning a spell except at the start of the game that I can use to confuse myself in case I need it.
Foocubi aren't even that useful when I get the guards rolling. At best they can give me a free level, but I can farm potions of gain level easily!
I can feel it, dream or no dream this run will be the one.
>>
>>140906858
Dumb question but what game is this? Nethack? I looks like dynahack but i don't think it is.
>>
>>140907170
What's determines whether you need 2 or 4 wheels minimum? Motorcycles only need 2 wheels to run.
>>
>>140907957
Slash'em extended.
>>
>>140907071
I'm not playing online, but if you want to read all this shit, here's a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/1myanDir
>>
>>140908024
The minimum is always 2, but center of weight must be between them, meaning it's harder to do with just 2 if your vehicle is wide.
Not sure if diagonal wheels "cover" the line between them or the entire bounding box.
>>
>>140908037
Thanks anon. How's it compare to dynahack? Dynahack's the *hack i've been playing. first one i've tried. i'm liking it so far
>>
>>140908178
You haven't found any ego/artifact auxiliary armors yet? Definitely identify that artifact amulet (you don't need resist mut), and the invis wand. You can use the invis wand to buff yourself before a tough battle; you have 9 recharging scrolls so that wand should last you a while. It might be time to start leveling evocations now to give you some more options and make your wands, rods, and miscellaneous items like the stone of tremors or phial floods more powerful. You should be able to handle vaults I think, just try to lure enemies back to safe areas if you're having trouble.
>>
>>140901348

>not using numpad
>2010+6

I never got the vikeys fanatics, it might make more sense on a enUS keyboard setup
but I'll stay with my glorious numpad as it is
>>
>>140908302
It's a complete trainwreck, but there are a lot of playable roles and races. There's probably no adequate description for it though, so the best way to see the differences would be to try out both and compare.
>>
>>140908682
> You haven't found any ego/artifact auxiliary armors yet?
I haven't found any good armor at all. Out of my 4 other randarts 2 were cursed with big negative stuff and 2 were useless for my build. I haven't even found a single helmet yet, only 3 hats. Wishing for armors on 4 scrolls gave shit all 4 times. Really pissed about that, as well.
> you don't need resist mut
Really? There are lots of ugly and very ugly things and they are radioactive.
> You can use the invis wand to buff yourself before a tough battle
I haven't realized that seeing invisible negates the negative effects of self-invisibility, good call.

Overall I think I will just continue the Vaults until I can get a storm dragon hide, and check my treasure trove as soon as that happens (I have all 3 of uprade scrolls for the hide). This is the first time I've gotten so far and I'm getting a bit nervous.
>>
Actually now that I think about it, I started without a pet, which qualifies me for the petless conduct, also! Which makes me sit at 13 conducts.
Man, I'm ammassing a number of ragtag conducts here.

>>140908302
It's uh
Uuuuuuh
I personally wouldn't recommend it. Too much is just too much. There's a darting butt trap though! That one's fun.
>>
>>140909201
>the sexy butt farts. You're confused!
>>
File: farttrapinaction.png (24 KB, 652x331) Image search: [Google]
farttrapinaction.png
24 KB, 652x331
>>140909314
The player can even use #monster to fart if they're polymorphed into an appropriate monster!
>>
>>140909191
If you wish for a staff and you have some levels in evocations, you'll get a rod which you can use, and trog won't be mad at you.

Ugly things can't mutate you, you only really need resist mutation for slime pits and zot.

Yea if you see invis you won't get that accuracy penalty or whatever for being invisible. If the enemies see invisible, then hitting yourself with invisibility won't help you at all obviously, although if you're fighting a big group of mixed enemies it can take some of the heat off of yourself as you burst down the most dangerous things.

Anyway I'd definitely focus on getting evocation set up, and using your rod (whatever it is) or attack wands to help hurt your enemies before engaging.
>>
>>140909201
You could also do a winless conduct
>>
File: nimloth gloves.png (21 KB, 664x465) Image search: [Google]
nimloth gloves.png
21 KB, 664x465
Nimloth just decided to be a pair of gloves now. They also cannot be taken off even if they are uncursed.
>>
>>140909648
I'm already doing that! I've never won a *hack before, so that also qualifies as winless, or "YAFAP"! Isn't this exciting? Aren't you excited because I'm so excited I've never been so excited except that time I got that +8 cloak of displacement and invisibility and clarvoyance and I was like "WOOOOOOOOOOOAH"
But I mean Really, who could top that?
>>
Anyone know where I can find a complete level feeling listing for poschengband?
>>
>>140909982
Well you better win before the 0.18 tournament because we're gonna be playing MUMO MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>140909579
> Ugly things can't mutate you
Weird, what does "glowing with mutagenic radiation" means then? Something already mutated me once (-MP so don't care but still) before dungeon:15 where I bought the resist mutation amulet.
> identify that artifact amulet
I didn't even realize it was artifact, lol. Turned out to be ward +3 str +dex rN+ -3 int, thank you for advice. Guess I have to swap for a sustainAb ring to not die of stupidity now.
>>
>find a glaive of gondolin
>well Ill take polearm mastery
>+1,2d6 mithril longsword of gondolin with perfect weight in the next room
RNG please
>>
>>140910074
OOOH MuMo is a lot of fun
I got to zot once holy shit that was tense. I was literally sweating bullets! I wouldn't recommend that kind of stress to anyone. MuMo pre-zot is the greatest amount of fun you'll ever have in dcss, I hope you have fun!
>>
>>140910126
>glowing with mutagenic radiation
Pretty sure this means they're just changing colors. And yea that's a pretty good artifact. For vaults, the most important thing is probably exploring carefully. Don't use autoexplore because you'll just end up deep in unexplored territory and get yourself surrounded. Try to lure packs of enemies back to a safe, explored area if possible. And don't go into vaults:5.
>>
>>140903601
Nethack and Angband in the late 90's, rekindled after ~10 year lull by DCSS 4-5 years ago

>What was your first RL?
NetHack

Often requires a lot of planning and strategy and player agency is great.

>What is your favorite RL?
NetHack

>What is your least favorite RL?
Dredmor

cum
>>
>>140907071
>vaults
>shitshow
Anon, Vaults is an experience piñata. It's threat to XP is so poorly balanced in favor of the player that the devteam chose to runelock it instead of doing work rebalancing.

V is far and away the easiest place to level your character that doesn't rhyme with fair.

Maybe you should post what you're having trouble with there so we can help?
>>
> Removed items:
>Amulets of resist mutation, stasis, warding, and corrosion.
>Wands of cold, fire, frost, magic darts, invisibility, draining, and fireball.
>Rods of destruction and of the swarm.
>Ring of invisibility.
>Potions of poison.
>Needles of slowing.
>Lanterns of shadows.

Is there anything else that is going to get removed?
>>
>>140911780
Ability of Fun
>>
File: d1860.png (256 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
d1860.png
256 KB, 500x397
>>140911780
> Removed items:
>Amulets of resist mutation, stasis, warding, and corrosion.
>Wands of cold, fire, frost, magic darts, invisibility, draining, and fireball.
Are they trying to make this game fucking impossible?
>>
>>140911780
Your ability to shitpost. Why don't you tell us what they've added?
>>
>>140912083
nothing of worth
>>
>>140912083

The changelog is public so see for yourself.

https://github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/stone_soup-0.18/crawl-ref/docs/changelog.txt
>>
>>140911780
are we gonna have this post in every thread now?
>>
>>140912253
I actually already know what they've added/removed. I still play, and ONLY trunk. I'm just tired of "They removed X. What else are they going to remove? ONLY REMOVAL."

>>140912187
2pak and stand ghost are worth. Wands of acid are worth.
>>
File: i dont want to die like this.png (78 KB, 1599x847) Image search: [Google]
i dont want to die like this.png
78 KB, 1599x847
Help a poor edain lads
>>
Someone post the entirety of the changelog here pls, I can only access 4chan atm
>>
haha woops
>>140911780
your memeposting hurts awoo, hurts the thread and most of all annoys everyone
>>
>>140912739
just walk down the corridor until he stands on the trap square or the one above it, then pass by
>>
File: phew.png (28 KB, 1080x682) Image search: [Google]
phew.png
28 KB, 1080x682
>>140912852
It didnt work, he wouldnt move an inch. I had to remove all my equipment with light to make it move.
>>
File: Litany againt bait .png (399 KB, 1414x742) Image search: [Google]
Litany againt bait .png
399 KB, 1414x742
One day we'll have a shitpost-free thread. Just like the good old days.
>>
>>140912937
good job lad
>>
>>140912752

It's way too long to post here.
>>
>>140913031
Not really.
>>
>two months without new dick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iyzr4bhj3c
>>
>>140913182
Ill give you a dick ;)
>>
File: comment_too_long.png (107 KB, 1789x543) Image search: [Google]
comment_too_long.png
107 KB, 1789x543
>>140913124
>>
Does the grappling hook have any actual use in DDA?
>>
>>140913310
split it up into multiple posts silly
>>
>>140913369

Stone Soup 0.18 (up to 0.18-a0-1788-g92de1ac)

Highlights
----------
* New god: Pakellas the Inventive.

Branches, Environment
---------------------
* Killing monsters in the Abyss eventually spawns exits and down-stairs.
* Ziggurat portals no longer appear in Pan.
* After clearing multiple ziggurats, enemies found in later ziggurats will be
considerably more dangerous.
* The Orcish Mines are now two levels, and generate fewer plain orcs. Gold
generation is doubled to account for the shorter branch.
* The Elven Halls now contains elementals and dancing weapons (in addition to
the ones normally found in the Hall of Blades).
>>
>>140913328
Can be used to create stairs when going down upstairs that have empty space below them.
>>
>>140913441

Character
---------
* A new mutation: Sturdy Frame, reducing base ER by 2/4/6 and thus making
heavy armour easier to wear. Can be a demonspawn mutation.
* Formicids now have 0 Throwing aptitude (was -2).
* Taking a known shaft now has a 2/3 chance of shafting one floor and 1/3 of
two floors.
* Breath abilities are no longer mutations and are now unique to draconians
and nagas.
* Throwing speed now works like weapons do, making it somewhat slower.
* Weapon types no longer have distinct strength weights. Strength now only
gives a bonus to damage, and dexterity only gives a bonus to accuracy.
* Formicids can no longer dig while in most non-Formicid forms.
* Statue Form now gives somewhat more AC.
* Early-game attribute loss is recovered significantly more quickly.
* rElec now reduces damage by two-thirds, rather than three-quarters.
>>
>>140913514

Gods
----
* New temple god: Pakellas the Inventive.
- Grants MP on kills and passive wand charge identification. MP gained while
full will eventually be turned into potions of magic.
- Blocks MP regeneration and hates channeling.
- Gifts wands, rods and miscellaneous evokables.
- 1*: Quick Charge: uses a portion of current MP to recharge a wand or rod.
- 3*: Device Surge: spends variable MP to apply power enhancers to your next
use of an evocable item.
- 6* capstone: Supercharge: sets a rod to +10 (18/18), or sets a wand's
capacity to 50% above normal for that wand type.
* Ashenzari now allows followers to curse items with an ability that consumes
a scroll of remove curse, instead of using prayer to create curse scrolls.
* Beogh no longer allows corpse sacrifice.
* New Beogh 6* ability: Resurrection, reviving & converting dead orcs.
* Followers of Elyvilon can pacify insects (again).
* Monsters buffed by Gozag's wrath now remain buffed as long as they live.
* Jiyva altars in Dungeon no longer appear as early.
* Okawaru's abilities now cost less piety, but don't last as long at low
Invocations skill.
* Finesse is no longer blocked by stasis.
* Piety given for a Ru sacrifice is more explicitly stated.
* Sif Muna now grants miscast protection at 2* and amnesia at 4*, rather than
the other way around.
* Xom now chaos brands more weapon gifts, and can chaos brand ranged weapons
again.
* Yredremnul's Enslave Soul can now affect demons & holy beings.
* Abandoning Yredelemnul now destroys your zombie minions.
* Zin's Recite is now only interrupted if the player is silenced or
incapacitated (or goes berserk).
>>
Items
-----
* New items:
- The amulet of dismissal, which may teleport away enemies that damage the
player, but causes a brief combat penalty when equipped.
- The amulet of reflection, which grants a few points of shielding that
act as a shield of reflection.
- The amulet of harm, which increases damage dealt to and by the wearer by
25%.
- The amulet of magic regeneration, which increases MP regeneration after a
warmup period.
- The ring of resist corrosion, replacing the amulet.
- Wands of acid, which cause significant damage and corrosion.
- Wands of iceblast, which cause a partially irresistible explosion of cold.
- A figurine of a ziggurat, which can be evoked to create a ziggurat portal.
Appears on Zig:27 of all ziggurats and in the Tomb:3 loot.
- Unrand: The +8 frozen axe "Frostbite" {freezing cloud, *Noise +Fly rC+}, an
executioner's axe that may create freezing clouds on those it strikes.
- Unrand: The +12 armour of Talos {ponderous, rF+}, a troll/ogre-sized plate
armour.
- Unrand: The +3 Warlock's Mirror {reflection}, a buckler that allows
reflection of piercing effects and enchantments, among other things.
* The Etheric Cage now multiplies gained contam, instead of generating it.
* Sniper can no longer miss, and is now +9 (formerly +15).
* The robe of vines now grants slightly less regeneration.
* The Majin-Bo now speaks occasionally.
* The captain's cutlass now causes bonus damage when disarming.
* The amulet of Cekugob is now an amulet of dismissal.
* The brooch of Shielding is now a +8 amulet of reflection with no AC or EV
bonus.
* Wearing an amulet of regeneration has no effect until the next time you are
at full health.
* A new property can now generate on random artefacts: Fragile, which destroys
the item when it is removed.
* Amulets of faith now grant a 25% bonus to piety, not a 33% bonus.
* Scrolls of enchant armour & enchant weapon no longer remove curses.
>>
>>140913453
Oh okay, that sounds nifty, although I've yet to come across any situation where that would be necessary. Maybe in a cave or something? Also how does it work? Is it automatic if you have the grappling hook on you when you try to go down a stairs that doesn't have an upstairs below it? Or do you have to like, activate it when standing under the spot that leads up or something?
>>
>>140913660

* Potions of ambrosia now bypass clarity.
* The evocable teleport property +Tele is removed. Rings of teleportation now
only have the *Tele teleportitis effect.
* Potions of cure mutation are slightly more common.
* Potions of degeneration now cause 1-3 damage to every stat.
* The Damnation card has been renamed to Exile.
* Poison needles' effects scale with Throwing skill and weapon enchantment.
* Arrows, bolts and sling bullets no longer have brands.
* Removed items:
- Amulets of resist mutation, stasis, warding, and corrosion.
- Wands of cold, fire, frost, magic darts, invisibility, draining, and
fireball.
- Rods of destruction and of the swarm.
- Ring of invisibility.
- Potions of poison.
- Needles of slowing.
- Lanterns of shadows.
>>
>>140913727

Monsters
--------
* New monsters:
- Spark wasps, electric swarming insects appearing in Spider and Depths.
- Iron giants, with the ability to throw you towards their pack of allies.
- Doom hounds, who can howl to create a pack of dangerous creatures.
- Deep elf archers, with skill in archery and hexes.
- Deep elf elementalists, with mastery of elemental magic and the ability to
turn rock into earth elementals to dig out entrenched foes.
- Dart slugs, slow-moving, squishy gastropods with a ranged dart attack.
>>
>>140913695
It asks you if you want to do it, jump down without creating upstairs or not do anything.
>>
>>140913805

* Shadow Fiends are now Tzitzimimeh, made somewhat stronger and given attacks
that surround their targets in a ring of miasma clouds.
* Hellfire has been renamed to Damnation, and no longer melts ice.
* Chaos champions lose Chaotic Mirror and instead gain Call of Chaos, an
ability which applies (usually) positive status effects to nearby allies.
* Mnoleg gains Call of Chaos (as above), Random Bolt, and Dig.
* Gloorx Vloq gains Summon Executioners and Black Mark.
* Liches and Ancient Liches no longer have a long list of random spells,
and return to a new set of fixed spellbooks.
* Salamander stormcallers' chant does not need to be continuous; they now
only need to try to cast Fire Storm at their target three times for it to
trigger.
* Entropy weavers' corrosion is now instant and smite-targeted, but only
applies one level of corrosion.
* Ice devils are now tier 4 demons, and are weakened slightly.
* Hellwings now have the swoop attack formerly possessed by blue devils.
* Shock serpents' discharge now only strikes whatever hit it.
* Salamander mystics lose Localised Ignite Poison.
* Deep elf high priests & sorcerers can no longer cast Summon Demon.
* Natasha, deep elf knights, and salamander stormcallers can no longer cast
Conjure Flame.
* Banishment from powerful monsters can now send you deeper into the Abyss
than Abyss:1.
* Deep elf mages are now stronger and have new spell sets, including spells
previously cast by deep elf conjurers and summoners.
* The Sap Magic effect from demonspawn warmongers now has three fixed levels of
success rate penalty, rather than scaling continuously. Each spell cast while
under the Sap effect has a fixed chance to increase the penalty level.
* Demonspawn corruptors' Corrupt Body spell is now a single-target version of
the same spell used by wretched stars. These spells both now try to apply
multiple levels of a single random temporary mutation instead of giving many
different kinds.
>>
>>140913869

* Ancient champions and death knights no longer have the Haunt spell.
* Swamp worms are now amphibious and generate submerged, emerging to attack the
player and never resubmerging.
* Deep elf high priests now have an Aura of Brilliance spell that affects all
allies in their view, making them cast spells more frequently and with more
spell power.
* Hell hogs now have Fireball, replacing Sticky Flame.
* Giant eyeballs are now normal speed, but must stare thrice to paralyze.
* Maurice can now steal from the floor as well as your inventory.
* Natasha no longer becomes weaker upon revival.
* Death cobs now drain speed, rather than causing hunger.
* Monsters that drain speed can now do so even to creatures with rN.
* Corroding monsters now reduces their AC by 8, rather than halving it.
* Needles no longer strike unaware monsters more powerfully.
* Removed monsters:
- Octopode crushers.
- (Plain) spiders.
- Salamander firebrands.
- Blue devils.
- Brain worms.
- Deep elf fighters, conjurers, priests, and summoners.
- Trapdoor spiders.
- Fire drakes.
>>
>>140913938

Spells
------
* New spell: Yara's Violent Unravelling (L5 Hexes/Transumations). Dispels
all cancellable effects on the target and, if any were dispelled, causes
a damaging explosion of mutagenic energy around the victim.
* Hydra Form now has a fixed number of heads.
* The Infusion spell has a lower power cap, scaling more quickly to the same
damage bonus as before.
* Song of Slaying now increases its slaying bonus with every kill, but caps at
+9 total.
* Tukima's Dance's power multiplier has been reduced.
* Spectral Weapon now bases the strength of the summoned weapon on spell power
instead of weapon skill.
* Alistair's Intoxication is now level 5 and gives Vertigo status instead of
confusing the player or draining Int, and can sometimes affect rPois
monsters.
* Monstrous Menagerie is now level 7 (was 6).
* Shadow creatures is now level 6 (was 5).
* Passwall is now level 2 (was 3).
* Ozocubu's Armour now slows movement slightly while active.
* Removed spells: Stoneskin, Condensation Shield, Mass Confusion, and
Phase Shift.
>>
>>140913996

Interface
---------
* Earth elementalists now have their stones start on b.
* Characters starting with a primary ranged weapon now have their melee weapon
on b by default.
* New autofight_warning option, to combat accidentally holding down tab.
* An option is added to the butchering prompt to allow butchering only
(e)dible corpses.
* Auto-eat now triggers for ghouls if they are rotted.
* The religion screen now shows all god powers, with currently accessible
powers (per level of piety) being highlighted.
* Many previously hardcoded forced mores are now optional and present in the
default init.txt.
* New character dump option: skill_gains, which shows when skills were gained.
* A s(T)atus effect lookup has been added to ?/.
>>
File: anguirel.png (83 KB, 1599x847) Image search: [Google]
anguirel.png
83 KB, 1599x847
Oooh sharpness nice, I think I can try to kill Morgoth with this sword. I found it in Smaug treasures.
>>
File: anglachel.png (80 KB, 1599x842) Image search: [Google]
anglachel.png
80 KB, 1599x842
>>140914425
Please tell me I can dual wield bastard swords
>>
>>140914621
I think you could pre 1.2 but it was removed.
>>
>>140914767
Well this sucks, Ill get rapid attack then. I reached 950 so Im gonna stop there for today.
>>
>>140903601
got Dredmor during sale
Dredmor
Speed
Infra Arcana/DoomRL
ADoM
Fighting games, arena FPS, racing
>>
>>140903601
Chocobo Dungeon through PSP (I don't count Pokémon Mystery Dungeon), then after getting Dredmore on sale I stumbled across crawl, which addressed most of the issues I had with Dredmore

>What was your first RL?
Chocobo Dungeon

Permadeath combined with the turn based movement

Crawl

Crawl, Dredmore, ToME4

FPS
>>
>>140903601
I honestly can't remember. I know it really started once I started visiting /rlg/ regularly, but I can't remember if I dabbled before them.

>What was your first RL?
DCSS was the first one I took "seriously," but I think I won Tome 4 before I won DCSS.

I like "beating" games. Not necessarily just in the literal sense, but whenever I play a game I just want to understand how to just dominate it, mechanically (sometimes I will just stop playing games before beating it if I reach that point before then). Roguelikes offer a bunch of replayability, even for those who really understand the mecanics (alternative forms of play, self-imposed challenges, e-peen etc.)

Elona is probably the roguelike I had the most fun playing. Incursion is a game I really do love, and I *want* to like it more, but development hiatus etc.

Dredmor/Sword of the Stars. The former is just... a silly game, and I really dislike how the latter encourages really tedious and unintuitive gameplay.
>>
File: 1445508032992.jpg (35 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
1445508032992.jpg
35 KB, 500x414
So how bad of an idea is Vampire of Gozag?
>>
>>140917843
he has blood banks iirc
>>
>>140917843
I think you'll run out of blood very fast, so very bad even with necromancy vamp.
>>
File: tired frog.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
tired frog.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>140918760
Yeah, couldn't find his fucking altar so went with Chei to make myself think I'm having fun.
>>
>>140918986
take it easy
>>
File: c corpse.png (21 KB, 664x465) Image search: [Google]
c corpse.png
21 KB, 664x465
Delicious!
>>
>>140920669
That's a novel way to #quit, I'll give you that.
>>
Standing here
I realize
You are just like me
posting in /rlg/
But I can judge
The shit you post
When postcount's down
I think we’ll both agree

Shitpost breeds shitpost
and at page 10 the memes are going insane
I post my own wins
You post just memes
But there's a chance we might just be the same

The thread has turned
And so many have burned
But who's to blame

Yet staring across this barren wasted land
I feel new wins will be born
Beneath the shit stained posts
Beneath the shit stained posts
>>
File: d1280.gif (1012 KB, 400x321) Image search: [Google]
d1280.gif
1012 KB, 400x321
>>140921586
10/10
>>
>>140903601
Can't remember.
>What was your first RL?
I think it was ToME.
The first thing that drawed me in is the fact that roguelikes are basically RPGs that you can finish in a day. I'm a sucker for sense of progression. Diversity and tactical combat helps too. Funny sentence from someone who plays a lot of DCSS.
>>
>>140921586
I'd replace the second "Beneath the shit stained posts" with "And all the ascii porn" so it rhymes.
>>
>>140923148
but the actual rhyme is land-sand. Hmm.
How about

Yet as I stare across this wasteland of ghosts
I feel new wins will be born
beneath the shit stained posts
>>
File: oh boy.png (1 KB, 810x70) Image search: [Google]
oh boy.png
1 KB, 810x70
Well, answer the the question /rlg/. Game's Dynahack.
I've heard that Vorpal Jabberwocks are a good target, but I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume I'll make it far enough to worry about that when I'm rarely good enough to reach that point.

I'm a vampire wizard, if that matters.
>>
>>140924676
Why not Liches?
>>
>>140924885
Vanilla, Demi, or Arch? Reason I mentioned the variant is because Dynahack restricts uncursed ?genocide to killing all of that monster on the level, and blessed to functioning as uncursed ?genocide does in other variants.
>>
>>140925069
Oh.
Then those pesky Vorpal Jabberwocks sound like a good option.
>>
File: see you later.png (78 KB, 1599x852) Image search: [Google]
see you later.png
78 KB, 1599x852
It's time to walk away. Its hard for a hoarder like me to do this and abandon sweet loot.
>>
I think roguelikes just aren't for me.

I die but I don't feel like it's fair, maybe I should play something other than nethack, maybe I'm just a casual.

Everytime I start doing well I die, maybe I should just look at the spoilers since this isn't fun at all.
>>
>gloves of speed and search and dexterity
>low boots of power
>>
>>140917843
You will usually be bloodless, so you want a way to murderize things without taking damage. Stabbing probably, especially with a dagger of vamp for the hp recovery.

>>140917993
Yes but blood potions rot outside of the shop. So if you're low HP and need to regenerate you have to backtrack to the shop and drink 1-3 potions of blood. Or go invis and vampirestab a pack of chumps.
>>
How am I supposed to get vitamin C and A in winter in DDA?

goddamn this nutrition update is kinda silly
>>
>>140929320
Just ignore it, it only scares you with messages, it doesn't cause penalties
>>
>>140929320
Just take your vitamins.
>>
>>140929320
Livers.
>>
>master mind flayer in first level of mines

Is this normal?
>>
>>140928270
>every time I start doing well I die
hubris is the worst enemy
>>
>>140929773
Yes.
But a little improbable.
Like a Gnome with a wand of desu.
>>
>>140929907
Well, how do I defeat it?
>>
>>140929969
Scroll of Genocide.
>>
>>140930173
I don't have one.

I do have a bow though.
>>
>>140929969
you beat it really hard with your ball.
>>
>>140930220
But I'm a samurai.
>>
>>140930294
Well then you beat it really hard with your katana.
>>
I've been playing princessrl, and it's made me realize the importance of carefully tweaking the level-generator. The dungeons in this game are AWFUL! Horrible twisty spaghetti that's a nightmare to navigate through, large chunks of the map sectioned off behind single diagonal passages that are impossible to see without going down every goddamn path, irregular levels that sometimes have huge potions of the screen empty and sometimes take up the whole thing, etc...

It's fine for the combat, and it doesn't make the game unplayable, it's just tedious and annoying. Speaking of tedious and annoying, the only reason to play this game is the combat skills and you can't get all of them until near the end of the game!
>>
>>140930294
Try beating on it then.
You've got Excalibur at least right?
What about MR and Reflection?
>>
>>140930338
But isn't it better to generally avoid melee combat with a master mind flayer at level 3?
>>
How is one meant to skill a melee character in DCSS? I seem to do well until about D:11 when it all falls apart because I didn't have enough defense or offense.
>>
>>140930421
pssh
are you a man or what
>>
>>140930407
No excalibur, I only have the starting gear.

I'll just go back to the dungeon, I'll try later.
>>
>>140930451
put all points in STR.
>>
File: 1445542936186.png (92 KB, 665x598) Image search: [Google]
1445542936186.png
92 KB, 665x598
>>140930692
>>
>>140930791
>>140930692
And don't forget to use the heaviest armor you can find.
>>
>>140930692
What about weapon, fighting, armor?
I've been pumping my weapon of choice to 1.0 delay but after that I'm lost. Also, isn't at least a small amount of Dex necessary for to-hit and armor bonuses?
>>140930846
oic, giving good advice under the guise of bad advice.
>>
>>140930451
o
Tab.
Pump dex.
Use other hand to pump dick.
>>
>>140930451
Double exp in weapon skill, normal exp in fighting, armour, dodge. But don't tell /rlg/, since it's not optimal way of levelling skills.
>>
>>140930948
I guess what I'm really asking is what kind of milestones for fighting, armor, and dodge I should be reaching.
>>
>>140930935
wait, using the heaviest armor possible is good advice? I thought the only good armor in the entire game was the ring mail
>>
>>140931075
I don't know what's real anymore
>>
>>140931062
There isn't really a milestone for armour and dodge.
Level weapon skill until min delay->Level weapon skill more if you find a better weapon that needs more weapon skill for min delay.
Find a spell worth using -> Level its spell schools until you can cast it -> Go back to weapon, fighting, armour and dodge.
Another note: you can stop levelling weapon skill for sometime, if your weapon delay is 1.0 and you're using something heavy like bardiche/triple sword/executioner's axe.
Finer points are harder to explain, IMO it's less important and comes down to preference.
>>
>>140931352
You know what, I'll stick to 0.16

In that version using heavy armor was a valid strategy.
>>
File: shumaded.png (4 KB, 416x90) Image search: [Google]
shumaded.png
4 KB, 416x90
Shuma-Ded.
Now time to try to kill Shub-Niggurath.
>>
File: easypeasy.png (26 KB, 872x454) Image search: [Google]
easypeasy.png
26 KB, 872x454
>>140932017
...That was quicker and easier than I thought.
>>
>>140932649
>Shub-Niggurath
>Goat
>she

More like I'd-Shag-Thatturath am I right or am I right?
>>
File: elona2.png (386 KB, 421x570) Image search: [Google]
elona2.png
386 KB, 421x570
what the fuck is this game
>>
>>140933231
its the only roguelike where you can triplewield (or even potentially hexawield) shields
>>
>>140933231
It's got all you need for all your anime girlfriend fantasies.
>>
>>140933298
SIX SHIELDS
INFINITE PROTECTION
>>
File: shubnig.jpg (67 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
shubnig.jpg
67 KB, 400x550
>>140932971
Go for it, champ.
>>
File: shubnig.png (599 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
shubnig.png
599 KB, 400x550
>>140933695
found the entrance lads
>>
File: localmaninvinc.jpg (47 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
localmaninvinc.jpg
47 KB, 700x520
>>140933298
>>
File: 1445091234179.jpg (7 KB, 160x218) Image search: [Google]
1445091234179.jpg
7 KB, 160x218
>>140933849
>>
>>140933882
>>140933672
its one of my favorite builds to run, tentacle fortress

you usually just grab like the heaviest armor and shields to the point where you can barely do jack shit and then you get a ton of pets and learn magic and just spray that shit all around while things attempt to harm your walls
>>
>Find Cloak of Jack of Shadows
>Find out that I also accidentally have thrown away a good amulet with Reflection.

Man, I really want to switch to Jack of Shadows so I can also switch to a better helmet, but I really like reflection.
>>
File: why.png (382 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
why.png
382 KB, 1366x768
Yulf, collector of Maces
>>
File: puppy_putdown_center.png (15 KB, 642x310) Image search: [Google]
puppy_putdown_center.png
15 KB, 642x310
>Go around 555 wilderness
>Find special kennels with Carcharoth

Thanks friendly Ipsissimus.
>>
>>140936728
because hammers were bloat :^)
>>
>>140933298
You can infiniwield shields in df adventure mode. The only limit is how many shields you can find and how slowly you're willing to walk.
>>
>early morning
>rain
>innawoods
>chance upon a bunch of bandits
>some cunt is firing an M1911 at me
>unload a burst of .308 at her
>get the fuck outta there

aww shit like this is what I love about DDA

they should make extremely rare parties of NPCS generate randomly when you're exploring terrain, I think these had a hideout inna woods
>>
>>140939754
I don't mean to be rude, but is Cataclysm at this point even a roguelike?

wheres muh fucking +3 wood stick of gas and zombies with special effects such as boomers that explode into a fireball after death instead of regular old gas
>>
>>140929639
what about when the vitamins run out?
>>
>>140930398
Interesting, thanks for the heads up.
>>
File: EAAT_SHIIIT.png (29 KB, 867x533) Image search: [Google]
EAAT_SHIIIT.png
29 KB, 867x533
I am become The World, death of Destroyers.
>>
>>140940514
you get a debuff that does
(like most things in DCSS)
!!FUCKING NOTHING!!
>>
>>140903601
Dorf Fortress
Dorf Fortress adventure mod
The aesthetic, the combat, watching numbers go up, also some of stimulate my imagination
no idea, desu
Nethack. played it too much and it basically frustrates me
I have no genre preference in particular
>>
File: 1460964995150.png (311 KB, 1021x607) Image search: [Google]
1460964995150.png
311 KB, 1021x607
>>140940685
>I am become The World
>>
>>140938523
this shit makes me so sad. they keep cutting the fun shit outa crawl.
>>
>>140940731
wait fuck I meant C:DDA god damnit /rlg/ stop corrupting me
>>
>>140940685
What race are you?
>>
>>140941194
vampire convict
>>
File: I_am_a_ship.png (20 KB, 868x528) Image search: [Google]
I_am_a_ship.png
20 KB, 868x528
>>140940685
Finally I understand how ships feel.
>>
>>140941194
Lucky tonberry ninja.
>>
>>140939754
Do you remember where their hideout is? You should wait for a clear night and come back with a bag full of molotovs.
>>
>>140938523
How were hammers NOT bloat?
>>
>>140903601
Someone dared me.
>What was your first RL?
Crawl
The sense that the progression is happening on my end, not the games.
Still Crawl, despite everything
Hack,Slash,Loot fuck that game
Strategy games.
>>
>>140941016
How hard would it be to hack together a bunch of old code with the new in a fork?
I want to bring back Death Knight, Healer, and a few other things.
inb4 >just play old ver
I also like some of the newer changes
>>
>>140936728
Absolute madman
>>
>>140939754
DDA has human NPCs now?
>>
>>140944226
why was hammers being bloat bad?
what's wrong with weapon variety?
>>
>>140942037

I have an automatic grenade launcher on my RV along with a bunch of 40mm frags but that feels cheezy
>>
>>140945171
Hammers served no point though

Maces are there for the early game until you find a Morningstar, eventually being traded for an Eveningstar for endgame.

Alternatively Whips and Demon Whips offer an alternate FAST

Hammers did what exactly? Be the same as a mace except worse?
>>
File: Cataclysm.jpg (216 KB, 1296x806) Image search: [Google]
Cataclysm.jpg
216 KB, 1296x806
Finally
>>
File: rest_in_piss_nodens.png (11 KB, 602x140) Image search: [Google]
rest_in_piss_nodens.png
11 KB, 602x140
Rest in piss Nodens, you massive asshole. Summoning fucking Master Tonberry, Uriel and Huan at same time is an asshole-move.

At least he's out of the pool now.
I just saw Loki, probed him and found out he's an unique summoner too. Jesus, I thought it was supposed to be Serpent's trump card.
>>
Why does crawl remove content? It feels like it's been headed in the direction of streamers/speedrunners

inb4 muh balans
>>
>>140946339
kek
>>
File: 1459892446474.jpg (21 KB, 240x311) Image search: [Google]
1459892446474.jpg
21 KB, 240x311
>>140946520
>Summoning fucking Master Tonberry, Uriel and Huan at same time
>>
>>140946014
FR delete clubs, they're maces but worse :^(
>>
File: OHSHITITISTIME.png (7 KB, 400x166) Image search: [Google]
OHSHITITISTIME.png
7 KB, 400x166
>>140946986
Oh fuck it is time
>>
>>140944414
not that hard i think? I believe they did it before with Mountin dwarfs as a april fools thing? i never touched code before in my life so i wouldn't know details.
>>
>>140947303
just delete maces/flails entirely, they're swords but worse.
>>
File: no_need_for_trilogy.png (88 KB, 1680x969) Image search: [Google]
no_need_for_trilogy.png
88 KB, 1680x969
>>140947457
Oops, accidentally destructed it away.
At least I found Sauron.
>>
>>140947932
I looked through the source and the races and jobs themselves would be very easy to re-implement.Spells and items would be extremely tedious, however.

It really helps that it's all on github, there's revision history, and all the builds are timestamped
>>
>>140948835
well then, what are you waiting for sir?
>>
>>140949667
to finish this delicious curry
>>
File: spear_of_destiny.png (6 KB, 673x54) Image search: [Google]
spear_of_destiny.png
6 KB, 673x54
I need some tip on reforging, since I haven't done it this end-game.
Does only score matter, or are there some internal things I should be aware of? Are there particularly good items to use for reforging?
>>
>>140947303
shit forgot about clubs when I wrote that
>>
File: korbo.jpg (224 KB, 897x647) Image search: [Google]
korbo.jpg
224 KB, 897x647
Remember to splat your best today!
>>
>>140952731
I actually advanced a bit further in IA today, so it's all good
>>
>>140948095
Actually, Maces&Flails or Long Blades is an interesting decision. Maces&Flails offers lots of almost-guaranteed enchanted weapons(in the form of Edmund and Yiuf) and their top-tier weapon (greatmace) is very common, requires less skill than Long Blades, and isn't too shabby, damagewise. Maces&Flails also don't chop hydra heads off.

All in all, Maces&Flails offers an easier earlygame in exchange for a weaker mid-lategame.

In comparison, Long Blades is weaker early on, and only gets better by D13-15/Depths.
>>
>>140950401
Only score. Lights and jewelry targets get reduced power, since they used to be too good. The total power level of the result will fall in a range that is something like 50-150% the destroyed item power (I don't think those are the exact %s). This also means that more powerful reforging targets gain less strength from the reforge since they started with more power before trying to reach the approximarion of the meltdown item power.
>>
>>140950401
You could also save your money for gambling on potions for the final fight instead of on reforge disappointment likelihood
>>
>>140950278
this is more confusing than I thought it would be, a lot more files to be changed than initially thought and referenced with old code.

I almost feel like it would be easier to just take some liberties, reference the badwiki, and recreate the races / classes

gonna sleep on it.
I might just be too lazy
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 167

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.