[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/nosg/ - Nostalrius General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 197
File: Conga.jpg (510 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Conga.jpg
510 KB, 1920x1080
Game in deathbed edition

If you dont know already, the server will be shut down in a few days
More info here: https://en.nostalrius.org/

There is no reason for the older threads have been deleted, as the game STILL ALIVE (for now)

One of the paragraphs of the announcement is:

>Today is also the day where Nostalrius will start being community-driven in the truest sense of the word, as we will be releasing the source code, and anonymized players data (encrypting personal account data), so the community as a whole will decide the form of the future of Nostalrius. We will still be there in the background if you want us to, but will no longer take the lead.

So there are a strong possibility of someone with balls picking the data up and hosting Nostarius 2.0 for us. Lets discuss mostly this specific information and enjoy the last few days of game.
Old but possibly useful info for the furute:

/nosg/ Guild Info (PvP Server):
Horde: <Salty Dogs>
Alliance: <DRAGON IN FOREST>

Discord: https://discord.gg/0nimRWtlVK2BOYM3
Dubtrack: https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/nosg-nostalrius-general

FAQ: http://pastebin.com/1rUFFgD9
Client Download and Connection Guide: http://pastebin.com/3vpxc0jG (embed)
Alternative Download : https://mega.nz/#F!uREG3Y6L!Jsk3RbBfPHKojOHMhVmbJg

New BiS Lists: http://pastebin.com/6Mc2bNK8 (embed)
Leveling Specs: http://imgur.com/a/aNm8V
Leveling Guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg
Grinding Spots: http://capnbry.net/wow/gspots.php
>>
The servers are still running, so there is NO REASON for the thread be deleted or reported.

Lets discuss the future of our characters that will be released as code and data by the nost devs.
>>
Bumping this bad boy
>>
JOIN THE STEAM GROUP
>>
Farewell lads, thanks for the good times and all the improptu wpvp.
>>
File: kronos-wow.png (149 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
kronos-wow.png
149 KB, 400x400
ATTENTION
ATTENTION
ATTENTION

After a meeting involving most of the top-level /nosg/ posters we have decided to pick Kronos as our new server.

Please register an account @ kronos-wow.com and update your realmlist to: set realmlist login.kronos-wow.com

ATTENTION
ATTENTION
ATTENTION

/krg/ here
>>137900285
>>137900285
>>137900285
>>
I never even played on nost but I'm sorry to hear your server is getting killed. I can only imagine how much that must hurt.
>>
>>137906124
Related

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nosgeneral
>>
>>137906196
go away moradin
>>
With jews you

l

o

s

e
>>
Is this what it felt like when SWG died?
>>
Thanks for being there Nost.
>>
You know, I wouldn't mind paying for retail if they could offer servers as populated as nostalrius was. If I'm playing an MMO the entire world shouldn't feel dead. I liked competition for quest mobs and items. I liked being able to group with people I'd be able to see walking around in the world. I liked

I keep thinking "Maybe I'll try Legion" and then I just wonder what the point would be.
>>
>>137901350
>But since sending C&D letters is practically free, and they obviously know about all these servers, why not send them all the same shit? There seems to be some serious shit going on that the Nost crew isn't telling us.

makes a good point.

It seems highly unlikely that the server could run how the devs claim, 100% not-for-profit, but still be hit with a copyright claim and/or C&D.

Either that or the gold/account selling operations were getting way too big and thus gave Blizzard more cover to threaten real legal action.
>>
>tell you niggers 1x servers are retarded due to the unstable nature of private servers
>noooo autism
>this happens
well done friends :^)
>>
Made a huge group of friends over the year from all over the world. All gone.

Full T2/+BIS/ with enchants, 65 hours played

No friends because of social anxiety.

GF broke up with me two weeks ago

No reason to live.

Eating Spaghetti with some garlic bread one last time,

.40 cal on my desk.

Good by friends. I love you all.
>>
File: 1457852401595.png (272 KB, 428x440) Image search: [Google]
1457852401595.png
272 KB, 428x440
>finally reach lvl 60 after months of constant grinding
>drop out of college for this semester so I can have time to gear up and raid
>server dies 2 days later
JUST
>>
in all seriousness. what server will the playerbase migrate to?
>>
>>137906417
>Is this what it felt like when SWG died?
Yes, pretty much, except that with SWG there were two deaths, one when they announced the NGE, and another when they actually shut it down. I was only around for the NGE one and it looked just like this.
>>
>>137906579
>putting your life on hold for a video game

That's kind of your fault Anon
>>
>>137906579
That's just fucking stupid.
>>
>>137906490
It's impossible that Nostalrius was running on the same exact files/scripts as other servers of the kind.
>>
Man, is this what it felt like when Warhammer online died?
>>
File: gravity.png (1 MB, 800x960) Image search: [Google]
gravity.png
1 MB, 800x960
Nost really proved that i love MMOs
And that no MMO has topped Vanilla/TBC WoW

I was thinking about joining Legion again after this, but then i realised that Blizzard-Activision don't deserve the money.
That and even the biggest EU servers are empty as fuck
>>
>>137906605

I'm done with WoW and Blizzard in general. The Warcraft movie is the last purchase Blizzard will ever see from me. I hope they crash and burn.
>>
>>137906791
If you really loved them you wouldn't be crying about a shitty WoW private server and would just go play another MMO.
>>
>>137906741
This is what it felt like when I finally quit WoW after 8 years.
>>
>>137906563

>65 hours played

That's some efficiency anon :^)
>>
A couple years ago (during that "obama read your emails" situation), my country created a few very protectionist "internet law", like most internation services must have a local mirror servers, ISP providers need to go through some real fucking bureocracy to even reveal the owner of a server identity (and trust me, my country has year-long bureocracy bullshit).

The problem is that it would put too much power over the internet in the hands of a corrupt goverment, but that isnt the case.

I think it is pretty hard for an individual be sued here by blizz, much harder than europe, so i think it would be a possible good location for a new server.

There are 2 problems though:

Good servers (enough for 12k players) are fucking expensive here

It is brazil.
>>
Holy shit Bliz fucked up. I would imagine a considerable portion of the people who play on Nost play retail or were considering coming back to retail with legion. They've managed to alienate half a million people in one day on top of everything else they already have done
>>
REMOVE BLIZZARD remove blizzard
you are worst dev. you are the dev idiot you are the dev smell. return to activoision. to our activision cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,cataclysm we will never forgeve you. loktar rascal FUck but fuck asshole dev stink cataclysm sqhipere shqipare..dev genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead dev..ahahahahahCATACLYSM WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget wotlk .northrend we kill the king , northrend return to your precious ulduar….hahahahaha idiot dev and cata smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE BLIZZARD FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. cata+mop+wod+legion=kill wow…you will third war/ bolvar alive in nostalrius, bolvar making album of stormwind . fast kill bolvar stormwind. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of bolvar… you are ppoor stink dev… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

bolvar alive numbr one #1 in stormwind ….fuck the activision ,..FUCKk ashol devs no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur logo and compny. b0lvar aliv and real strong paladin kill all the dev farm aminal with light magic now we the nos rule .ape of the zoo king varian wrynn fukc the great deathwing and lay egg this egg hatch and cataclysm wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. nostalrius greattst servr
>>
>>137906863
>And that no MMO has topped Vanilla/TBC WoW
Did you not read this line?

I've tried hundreds of MMOs, none have the community or progression of Early WoW
>>
>>137906605

Better be pacient, as i said there is a chance that someone will pick up the shards of Nost and remake it.
>>
>>137906863
No current MMOs really capture the magic of old school MMOs they have all been watered down for pay for play and the masses
>>
>>137906791
>And that no MMO has topped Vanilla/TBC WoW

wotlk is better in basically every way
>>
>>137905725
>spent my whole life wishing I'd played vanilla
>finally decided to go for it on this amazing server
>hit 60, made tons of friends, found a solid raiding guild
>Didn't touch BWL much, but fully decked out in MC gear
>It's fucking over

I guess I experienced what I wanted to experience. But god damn this really bums me out. When was this announced?
>>
>>137906563
don't do it anon. remember the good times you had.
>>
>>137907137
>The expac that killed WoW
no
>>
>>137906920
I bet I'd have a better ms connecting to a brazil server than a french server.
>>
File: 1396705716226.png (2 MB, 3500x4194) Image search: [Google]
1396705716226.png
2 MB, 3500x4194
>hit level 60 after 8 days /played
>quit my accounting career so I can dedicate myself to gearing up an raiding
>this happens
>>
>>137907137
WotLk is when WoW started to die. You meant BC right?
>>
>>137906669
But it was. It's stock mangos.
>>
>>137907221
>implying that cata wasn't the expac that castrated wow
?? ? ? ????? ? ? ??
>>
File: 2016-04-07_9506369.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-07_9506369.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
goodbye comrades. I was about to come back but i guess i'll stick to fishing simulator

https://youtu.be/_SoU4qzZlcw
>>
fuck guys
the past 2 months i've been using nost as some escapism time because my life is all fucked atm

i don't want to have to face that

guess i'll go play retail...
>>
>>137907221
honestly I liked both. WoTLK was better than what came after because you could still roam the old world and feel the magic of vanilla.
I will forever remember the questline for veregian's fist. It will always be more legendary than the ashbringer for me.
>>
File: 1440380208865.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1440380208865.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>137906563
>Made a huge group of friends over the year from all over the world. All gone.
>not exchanging Steam or Skype with any of them to keep in touch
>>
>>137907094
i guess ill just play on kronos till something better comes along
>>
>>137907310

it was heavily modified mangos actually kiddo
>>
>>137907052
>none have the community or progression of Early WoW
>What is EverQuest
>What is Guild Wars
>What is FFXIV
>>
>be prime minister of european country
>play tons of Nost when not prepping the bull
>create a scandal which justified me ctepping down from my position to play more Nost
>this happens
JUST
>>
File: 1459451016984.png (266 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459451016984.png
266 KB, 400x400
>be playing with my mythic guild
>am one of the officers, recruit lots of people, a handful even stood long term and became core
>be there since wotlk, slowly progressed to becoming one of the pillars
>a guy that just got here a month ago, hasn't even got raider rank whispers me saying he has something of worth to ask me
>he says he's actually the officer of a heroic raiding guild and seeing how I perform I could give him some suggestion
>think to myself I'm gonna play along and pretend I'm interested in his pitiful guild
>say sure, give him the link to a post I made after editing it and fucking up rotation and gliphs
>the day after I log on
>he immediately whispers me screaming how he got kicked from the raid for doing sub par dps all because of my post
>tough luck kiddo
>whisper the GM of his guild, tell him how he's trying to jump ship to get into mine because he thinks you're lame
>he shits himself seeing my guild's name (top 5 worldwide)
>one minute later dumbo has been kicked out of his guild
>tell this in trade chat too adding some more details here and there to make sure no decent guild will ever add him again
>GM of his old guild even gives me his house address at my request
>tell this to Adam (GM of my guild) on Vent and we laugh it off
>he asks the retard to come on vent one day and invites him to our channel
>he's basically crying at this point asking me why I put all that effort into hurting him
>reveal to him that us elite mythic raiders are hardcore about everything we do
>proceed to swat him and his family 4 fun, dog got killed
>>
>>137907259

The ping from south brazil to US east is around 180ms. I suppose the return should be the same.
>>
>>137907348
>LK introduced LFR
>Loads of content cut due to "Time"
>Subs stagnated
>>
>>137907383
Not heavily modified enough to fix the default class bugs.
>>
>>>137906729
>>
>>137907454
>LK introduced LFR
0/10 see me after class. Even if it had introduced LFR there is literally nothing wrong with that
>>
File: 1317702560810.jpg (85 KB, 403x278) Image search: [Google]
1317702560810.jpg
85 KB, 403x278
So what is wrong with Kronos exactly?
>>
>>137907447
Oh weird. Im in Virginia and I got a consistent 150ms on nostalrius. Seems like brazil would be better but I guess not.
>>
>>137907221

There is a difference between "crippling desease" and killed.

Later wotlk was a desease. Cata was a growing cancer, WoD is full blown cancer + super aids.

We wait to see what legion will be, now...
>>
>>137907556
>LFR there is literally nothing wrong with that
kill yourself
>>
>>137906563
>Full T2/+BIS/ with enchants, 65 hours played
jej
>>
>>137906605
A fraction will actually buy Legion because they're dumb. Most will flock to other private servers. People like me are done with WoW and private servers.

I can only see myself playing Vanilla again when Blizzard launches official legacy servers 8 years from now.
>>
You guys are fags
>>
>>137907401
>Guild Wars
top kek
>>
>>137907221
>Had the highest number of players, more varied raid encounters, better pvp balance (and spec viability), good questlines and good soundtrack

the only downsides to wotlk are downsides from tbc as well: catchup meme dungeons to let casuals gear up later in the expac, no real pvp community outside of dedicated forums because of xrealm BGs, flying mounts ruining the open world pvp and excessive dailies

WoTLK made WoW better than it ever had been and introduced lots of good features, the talent trees were still good, added new and great skills, unlike TBC where many classes got garbage even as end point talents or skills that should have been baseline (and later were made so)

wotlk also cleared up most of the shit abilities from TBC and made them good
>>
>>137907686
>doesnt know what LFR really is

please, tell me. You're probably going to tell me that you get the best gear from LFR and that's all you need to do in this game
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-07+at+12.34.26).jpg (453 KB, 1919x1078) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-07+at+12.34.26).jpg
453 KB, 1919x1078
;_;
>>
>>137907875
player pop peaked at 11 mill at cata launch senpai
i agree that wrath was best tho
>>
File: 1395794534072.png (836 KB, 1950x1453) Image search: [Google]
1395794534072.png
836 KB, 1950x1453
Some of you guys are alright.

Don't go to Blizzcon this November.
>>
This is the most depressed I've been in a long time. All that invested time. All those lvl 30-50 alts.

Like tears in the rain
>>
>>137907686
>players experiencing content they paid for is a bad thing
Literally kill yourself if you think LFR is a replacement for actual raiding.
>>
STEAM GROUP

>>
>>137907686
You're an idiot. Sub numbers were peak at the end of WotLK and the start of Cata. Logically, Cata was the beginning of WoW's end. Vanilla was okay. BC was better. WotLK was when WoW peaked.

The gear looked better.
The raids were better.
Leveling was better.
Death Knights were great.

I literally have 0 problems with WotLK. Vanilla and BC were a bit grindy, however.
>>
>>137907996
Peaked at the end of Wotlk actually and fell down quickly after Cata release.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040616_172950.jpg (558 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040616_172950.jpg
558 KB, 1920x1080
In the server's last moments, I got gud.

There's no guarantee that servers with the account/character data will ever be up again. I enjoyed lurking this general and wasting my time on Nost for 10 fucking months. I've met a couple of guys off here and they were always the less spergy ones. Now I've got a lot of video to edit.
>>
I went out and got something to eat with a friend but I came back and remembered what's happening and now I'm upset again.

This is going to happen for a few days I fear.
>>
>>137908150
how the fuck are you guys so misinformed? You do realize you actually have to form groups for raiding, right? Is there some propaganda school you privateserver fags go to where you learn this shit?

fuck idiot
>>
>>137908242
>137908242
The fuck you on about?
>>
File: 1395794219722.gif (1 MB, 305x239) Image search: [Google]
1395794219722.gif
1 MB, 305x239
So where are you faggots going to leave your toon when the server bites it?
I'm gonna watch it all end from the tent next to Nessingway so I can camp Stranglethorn one last time.
>>
>>137908168
The entire world apart from Dalaran and the Argent Tournament was completely dead in Wotlk.
>>
>>137907709

>8 years
>HotS was the blunder of the Mobas
>HS profit is slowing down cause all the cards released for over 1,5 years were shit.
>Diablo3 is an abandoned child starving
>SC2 wasnt the RTS breakthough they expected. (i mean, mobas killed the genre, and refer to my HotS point)
>Everyone on Overwatch beta opnion can be resumed as "the game is not bad, but i think i rather go back to TF2 and my hundreds of hats and guns than doing it all again)
>After the massive blunder that was WoD, unless Legion is the second coming of MMORPGs, WoW is dead for sure.

Blizz will get desperate much sooner.

If Legion is as much as a failure like WoD (which we should know by the end of this year), they will create legacy servers mid 2017.

Also, there is the implication that they might be hunting nost down to create their own server already.
>>
Some of you guys are alright, don't go to Blizzcon this year.
>>
>>137908323
>LFR = real raiding

you nostalcuck cunts are absolutely retarded if you think LFR in retail comes anywhere close to normal/heroic/mythic
>>
>>137908335
In the starting tomb in Deathknell. It ends where it all started
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040616_214913.jpg (499 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040616_214913.jpg
499 KB, 1920x1080
I had fun, farewell.
>>
File: 12345632621.gif (495 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
12345632621.gif
495 KB, 500x223
>>137908116

TEARS

IN

RAIN
>>
>>137908335

Taking my gnome to the dwarven starting area's building. That's where it began, that's where it will end.
>>
>>137908072
it would be fucking hilarious if someone actually massacred a bunch of nerds at blizzcon because they shut down Nost

10/10 would fund
>>
>>137908459
I agree! I sure love welfare gear!
>>
File: 1450539421321.jpg (45 KB, 584x622) Image search: [Google]
1450539421321.jpg
45 KB, 584x622
>>137907014
What the fuck did I just read?
>>
>>137908407
Your deluded perception != facts
>>
>>137908459
Thats literally what he said
>Literally kill yourself if you think LFR is a replacement for actual raiding.
>>
>>137908483
You were a good guy Lndi. thank you for kicking plumptrap
>>
>>137908335
Human warrior in Theramore. Defending it to the last.
>>
>>137908450

>implying i would go if blizz sent me a golden coated invitation.
>>
File: 6515414.gif (2 MB, 356x257) Image search: [Google]
6515414.gif
2 MB, 356x257
>>137908335
ERPing in Goldshire Inn
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_090815_175445.jpg (448 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_090815_175445.jpg
448 KB, 1920x1080
>>137908483
Goodbye Friends
>>
>>137908592
sorry, i've been up all night
>>
>>137908335

Partying it up with my fellow Trolls in Sen'jin Village.
>>
File: 1457210665802.png (11 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1457210665802.png
11 KB, 420x420
>yfw blizzcon is the site of the next big ISIS attack
>>
>>137908573
Honestly I would not be surprised if some cuck who invested all their time in Nost like FinalNoDad went berserk and killed some people.
>>
>>137907709
>>137908407
>nostalcucks being this much in denial

holy shit this is sad. It's time for you guys to quit wow entirely or go retail already
>>
>>137908465
you hit me hard..farewell
>>
>>137908843
>blizzard shills have finally arrived to triage the damage done
>>
>>137908756

Vanilla Akbar! Death to the retail!
>>
File: 1387148766199.jpg (24 KB, 384x340) Image search: [Google]
1387148766199.jpg
24 KB, 384x340
>>137908335
Wherever the GM's are honestly
Some of them are straight up cucks but I'm gonna thank them for the good times regardless.
>>
File: 1435051344543.png (85 KB, 273x252) Image search: [Google]
1435051344543.png
85 KB, 273x252
Just what you faggots deserve
>>
>a bootleg copy of a 10 year old game has more players than most f2p MMOs
>>
>>137908983
Never forget that a GM leaked the announcement early on /nosg/.

Never forget.
>>
>>137909241
It was probably just someone from IsVV, i doubt any real GMs were from nosg
>>
>>137909204
god thats sad. mmos really are dead, arent they?
>>
>>137909337
EVE and FFXIV are still going strong.
>>
>>137908918
not really, I really dont get why you cling to vanilla so much and it pisses me off when you try to spread lies about blizzard. Just try legion when it comes, anon. It looks good
>>
>>137909337
Its cyclical. They will come back soon enough
>>
>>137909337
ASSFAGGOTS took over.
>>
>>137909204
>a bottleg copy of a 10 year old game has more player than most bootleg copies of a 10 year old game

FTFY

>>137909337
Yes thanks to america business culture

>Lets hire experts from fields that are not related to video games who also have never touched a video game to tells us how we should make video games
>>
>>137909337
Blizzard killed them. They added features that are anethema to good MMO, but they are so convenient people wont live without it

>>137909386
>eve
>going strong

its dying hard m8.
>>
>>137909481
It does kind of seem like "hardcore" games are making a bit of a comeback recently. Maybe we'll get some ultima type shit soon, that'd be cool.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaa.jpg (23 KB, 271x325) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaa.jpg
23 KB, 271x325
>>137908335
we should agree on somewhere lads
>>
>>137909337

People are investing all of their time into MOBAs now. MMOs ruled the 00s, but the 10s belong to the MOBAs.
>>
File: 1390428024574.gif (2 MB, 229x206) Image search: [Google]
1390428024574.gif
2 MB, 229x206
>>137909425
>it looks good
So did wod you dumbass shill
>>
>>137909603
>eve
>dying

still has an incredibly strong niche playerbase
>>
>>137908168
then play with /wpsg/ on ToD if you like wrath so much
>>
File: 4444444444.jpg (20 KB, 320x233) Image search: [Google]
4444444444.jpg
20 KB, 320x233
Where's everyone migrating too?
>>
>>137905725
Was nost even making any money? I thought they didn't accept donations.
>>
>>137909675
>still has an incredibly strong niche moneylaunderers
>>
>>137909635
Wod on release was cool though. But hitting 100 and play for a week made you realize the game didn't have much to do. And patches after that didn't give a lot either.
>>
Where are the remembering videos? i expect people to be making videos about this. with friends and shit doing something for the end days.
>>
File: 1404867209297.png (44 KB, 126x171) Image search: [Google]
1404867209297.png
44 KB, 126x171
>>137909609
Everyone is just going to be where the GMs are raising hell.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got to fight C'thun because they'll be spawning it in the capitals or something.
>>
>>137909746
People are probably going to wait to see if anyone picks up the ashes. Been some talk of playTBC
>>
>>137909481
How the fuck would you know it's cyclical when we had at best just one cycle?
>>
>>137909746
praying that playtbh will be good
>>
>>137909746
I'm probably going to either play with /wpsg/ on that wrath server or find a decent TBC server.
>>
File: 1439615017812.jpg (57 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1439615017812.jpg
57 KB, 454x453
>mfw I was banned today for some reason
>can't see the end
well fine then ;-:
>>
reminder that playTBC administration are talking about moving their servers out of france
>>
>>137909386
eve is a chinese grindfest and ffxiv is for fucking weebs
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_123015_154328.jpg (494 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_123015_154328.jpg
494 KB, 1920x1080
Officially throwback Thursday #RIPNostalrius
>>
>>137886252
Starting a ~50 v 50 battle in Hillsbrad foothills by slaughtering all alliance in the yeti cave as a young level 35 warlock with friends two months after the server came up. Honorary mention to first full classic-style BRD clear since 2007, 8 hours of tanking and a hell of a nostalgia trip.

Blackwald/Mordrith here, it was fun guys. I've been gone for months due to life for the few of you who remember me, I literally came here to redownload the client when I saw the news.
>>
>>137909830
Because like >>137909608 said hardcore games are making a comeback
>>
File: 1458219998023.gif (896 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
1458219998023.gif
896 KB, 700x600
Tune in here for a live response from blizzard on twitch via user

YouThinkYouDoButYouDont
>>
File: 2016-04-03 13-27-01.jpg (44 KB, 326x198) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-03 13-27-01.jpg
44 KB, 326x198
i was planning to play nost til dark souls 3 comes out

what will i do now?
>>
>>137909917
no one cares frogposter

kill yourself
>>
File: 1438389394129.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1438389394129.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>137906579
okay that can't be true.
>>
>>137909746
Hell.
>>
File: 1373476019170.jpg (34 KB, 329x196) Image search: [Google]
1373476019170.jpg
34 KB, 329x196
>>137909786
Same shit will happen with Legion.
You'll level your new demon hunter in less than a day and get bored because it'll be as homogenized as every other class past "WOAH DOUBLE JUMPING ISN'T THIS CLASS UNIQUE"
Class Halls are LITERALLY just garrisons with other players in them.
You'll still be forced to play Ashran for pvp gear.
There will still only be one Raid on release.
Every rep grind will be done through killing the same mobs over and over.
Blizzard will take another hot shit in your mouth, and you'll have coughed up 50 bucks for the pleasure.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeve.png (36 KB, 1007x397) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeve.png
36 KB, 1007x397
>>137909675
yes, but so does wow. eve is undoubtedly going down
>>
File: peep.jpg (24 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
peep.jpg
24 KB, 499x499
>>137910030
woooowww so edgy!
>>
>>137906862
why dont you just pirate the movie, it's gonna suck anyway
>>
>>137910052
>You'll level your new demon hunter in less than a day and get bored because it'll be as homogenized as every other class past "WOAH DOUBLE JUMPING ISN'T THIS CLASS UNIQUE"
Same could be said about a lot of games, so WoW isn't a special case of having retards playing the game.
>>
>>137910052
I'm not poor so it's not a problem. You make it seem like 60 bucks is a lifesaving
>>
>>137910227
I'm glad you admit to being willing to pay 60 dollars to have someone take a shit in your mouth.
>>
>>137909746
i'm going back to my steam library

never again will i be rused by a private server
>>
>blizzard shills in FULL damage control
>>
>>137910341
that's just your hyperbole again, anon. Admit retail is good
>>
>>137910024
Im in the same boat waiting for dork souls.
>>
>>137910341
Your point is? Not the guy, but everyone doesn't have your taste in games. Someone probably would ask you the same thing why you pay money for shit game.
>>
>>137910227
>lol poor!

Jesus christ dude, stop with the strawmanning. I'm not unsubbed from wow because its not worth my money, I'm unsubbed from wow because playing it isnt worth my time. WoD is absolute dog shit, and legion is taking some of the worst aspects of WOD (pruning, garrisons, 2 raid tierslol). Why would anyone want to spend time playing that?
>>
>>137910341

i am thats why i play videogames in general
>>
>>137910460
stop asking retarded questions. Why would anyone still play vanilla?

I can do this too and make up a lot more shit about vanilla than you can with retail
>>
>>137907616
I has low pop and is generally crap. Worst server US/EU/rus/world
Dont come here
I mean, dont go there! Please!
>>
>>137910460
>garrisons
Garrisons won't be in legion other than in WoD as far as I know.
>>
>>137910447
>Your point is? Not the guy, but everyone doesn't have your taste in games. Someone probably would ask you the same thing why you pay money for shit game.
except it wouldnt be the same as he has arguments like the game being too short, incomplete and shitty as classes are homogenized
>>
>>137910009
Where? All new games I've played have hand holding, teleporting and all that shit out the ass.
>>
>>137910591
No we'll have class halls instead, lmao
>>
>>137910591

class halls are non-instanced garrisons
>>
File: time well spent.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
time well spent.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2160
How much time did you sink into Nostalrius?
>>
>>137910591
Class Halls will function as Garrisons.
It's literally the same shit but other players will be there so Blizzard can say they 'fixed' it.
>>
>>137910591
>doesnt realize class halls are just garrisons 2.0

loling @ you

>>137910560
>why would anyone play vanilla
Because it is still an actual social MMO, and that makes it better than retail despite all the actual gameplay improvements retail has made in the last 9 years
>>
>>137909746
probably another game

i never actually put that much time into the game
my highest lvl character was a lvl 28 shaman and a whole lot of alts

most of the time was probably spent on leveling my fishing and cooking
>>
File: 1453169888726.png (57 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
1453169888726.png
57 KB, 600x434
>it's all over
>>
>>137910670
>Because it is still an actual social MMO

buzzword
>>
>>137910663
i want to go to hyjal ;_;
>>
>>137910460
What is pruning?
>>
>>137910435
>admit
no thanks im not a liar
>>
File: 23492428492342234.jpg (756 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
23492428492342234.jpg
756 KB, 1920x1080
pics from the sodium canines
>>
>>137908168
WoTLK was good for sure, but it still did some things worse than its predecessors. The further you get from vanilla the less world pvp and the more class homogeneity, two things that were very important to me
>>
>class halls are garrisons meme
yeah, like acherus is a garrison
>>
>>137910785
Are you still salty?
>>
>>137910716
nice argument anon
>>
>>137910665
So Ironforge in vanilla wow was a garrison too? That sounds more just like a meeting hub. But I'm probably wrong.
>>
Remember goyim to buy Legion releasing in Q4 2016. No content drought this time :^)
>>
File: orderhallresources.png (6 KB, 350x110) Image search: [Google]
orderhallresources.png
6 KB, 350x110
>>137910716
Thats not a buzzword at all you actual retard

>>137910591
:^)

>>137910775
Removal of abilities. Many classes in Legion have less abilities than classes had in vanilla. Many classes have periods of ~40 levels where they dont learn a single new ability or talent.
>>
>>137910716
>buzzword
buzzword
>>
>>137910775
Classes having skills taken away because they're 'anti-fun.'
It's why every class feels the fucking same in retail now.
I've never been as angry as I was when they removed Symbiosis pre-WoD.
>>
>>137910835
Well no

my whole goal on being on nostalrius was to relive the memories i had when i was playing wow and I did that. I am really happy i got to enjoy it with those guys and they were pretty cool imop familia
>>
>>137910881
yeah, as if vanilla isn't just a contentless game. What the fuck else do you do but raiding? Everyone who played vanilla already played it. Dont tell me you fags are wrathbabbies turned hipsters and think vanilla is oh so great?
>>
i rarely post on here but i just wanted to say that i REALLY loved lurking in here and seeing all of the memes / drama you guys would create. God bless you all, i'm going to wait until another server comes out and hopefully we will all meet there again. Good crafting, my friends.

Rip my main, along with 20k+ worth of gold / items.

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/PlayerOverview.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Kuroyu
>>
>>137910929
In and of itself I don't think pruning is some great evil. Hunters in MoP in particular suffered from ability bloat. The key problem is they remove iconic and fun abilities like overpower and replace them with fucking nothing.
>>
I ran into this group of people suicide walking to Thunder Bluff and some ally joined in. Good way to end for us. You guys doing anything to remember the good times? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf7K-rEh758
>>
>>137910879
You are.
Class Halls will have followers, follower missions, and resources just like Garrisons,.
The only difference is that there will be other (5-10) players around now instead of souless NPC guards.
Whoop de fucking do.
>>
>>137911015
>guys the 12k players you've seen on Nostalrius daily weren't actually there!
At least wait a month before starting your misinformation campaign
>>
>>137911080
It's at least an improvement. Garrison in WoD made the game really fucking lonely.
>>
File: 1416357624246.jpg (27 KB, 462x353) Image search: [Google]
1416357624246.jpg
27 KB, 462x353
Since it's now official that blizzardcucks will actively close private servers, I'm afraid to invest time on any of them...

FUCK YOU
FUCK
FU
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK
>>
>>137911058

So long and thanks for all the fish.

What I want to know is why nobody can make another MMO like classic Wow with either A. Going full F2P Jew to win, or B. turn it into modern wow themepark shit.

Take for example Archeage. There was potential but then trion went full Jew.
>>
>>137911138
>12k players

am I supposed to be impressed?
>>
>>137910929

I remember what was I think their first big ability prune, when Hunters lost Eyes of the Beast.

Such a simple ability, didn't give any real advantage or anything, just fun to fuck around with and run around as your pet instead for a change.

Removed. Because classes were becoming too "bloated" with abilities. This was also around the time that a Fury warrior rotation could be done with 4 buttons, literally playable on a console if they wanted to take it that direction.

I just can't believe that there are people still working at ATVI who think they're still putting out a quality product.
>>
>>137911015
You didn't blow threw vanilla content in a couple of months and leveling a new character was actually fun and not seen as a chore that should be dealt with as quickly as possible
>>
>>137911157
No it isn't.
They removed the invasions that were at least interesting, and would have been even better with ACTUAL PLAYERS.
They should have scrapped the fucking thing entirely, but it's a Facebook-game style skinnerbox that keeps players logging in for rewards.
>>
>>137911180
Interesting enough the only MMO i've had fun playing that wasn't WoW was a Trion game but wasn't Archeage
>>
>>137911230
>content in a couple of months

only because it was a new game

>actually fun and not seen as a chore

lel.

Btw, I played vanilla. I raided everything except naxx. Rank 10 in pvp. I think I know what I'm talking about

It's time to move on
>>
>>137911275
I know that the game has problem. I still enjoy it though, even if it's considered shit taste.
>>
>>137911335

Was that Rift before Trion went full Jew?
>>
>>137911180
Because dev companies are generally run by people who don't give a shit, but see what other games can get away with ($30 armor) and try it themselves.
>>
File: 11.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
11.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Rest in peace you beautiful bastards. Lots of good times were had.
>>
>>137911339
You do realize Nost was a progression server and was going to be in TBC sometime in 2017?
Kill yourself.
>>
>>137911218
>4 buttons

you are now aware thats the standard for non cooldowns on every class.

you are now aware that DPS demon hunters have a literal 3 button rotation, with a talent option to reduce it down to 2 (one of which has a 45 second CD)

You are now aware that DPS demon hunters have less than 20 buttons to press total, if they opt for every active talent
>>
File: 1381411548929.jpg (155 KB, 354x316) Image search: [Google]
1381411548929.jpg
155 KB, 354x316
>>137910024
>>137910440
>Start playing Nostalrius as a way to kill time until Dark Souls 3 is released
>End up having so much fun with nost that I was ready to pass on buying DS3
>This happens
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040716_072528.jpg (394 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040716_072528.jpg
394 KB, 1280x1024
Oh shit I'm feeling it
>>
>>137911339

My man, you need to literally, and I mean this with no memes or jokes intended, literally kill yourself.
>>
>>137911445
so it would inevitably be a shit game according to you guys. lel, just lel. Thanks for telling me
>>
>>137911417
Good on you.
Most of us have nothing again retail or it's players- we recognize it's a different game and it's no longer for us.
Now if only Blizzard could let us enjoy the game we love instead of trying to pigeonhole us into playing what it is now.
>>
>>137911470
I miss you Pulsar
t. Asscobra
>>
File: ghostcrawler-crab-smaller.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
ghostcrawler-crab-smaller.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>137911446

pls stop ;_;
>>
>>137911559
Can't play it with this computer though. So I have to wait until I move home. Nostalrius was the only mmo private server I could play.
>>
File: vidyaackbar.png (11 KB, 259x294) Image search: [Google]
vidyaackbar.png
11 KB, 259x294
>>137911559
>most of us have nothing against retail or its players

speak for your fucking self. Every single person still playing retail is supporting and encouraging the kind of design decisions that not only ruined a great game, but an entire genre.
>>
>>137911449
See you in game, friend. Now that I think about it, because of the weird release schedule of das3 theres gonna be a shit ton of twinks ready to go once it launches in NA, it'll be a bit like leveling on the pvp server. So that might be fun.
>>
>>137911418
Yes, it had a shitload of potential but they fucked up bad somehow
>>
>>137911576

I just couldn't enjoy wotlk, it was all new to me, and going from 12k to 200 pop wasn't something I could handle. Maybe on corecraft family, if we refuse to grow up by then
>>
>>137911645
I feel you, my raid group had to go make coffee whenever we did SoO because it took my toaster so long to load in.
I'm upgrading now that I've got the dosh, but no way in Hell I'm going back to retail. My raid guild disbanded and came to Nost with me, don't know where we're going now.
>>
>>137911070
fuck man. all this time wasted. is it wasted though if i had fun on the journey?
>>
>>137911443
>ereka quits guild to raid bwl again
>misses out on the last week of DiF
>misses out of DiF's last 3 raids, Ony, MC, ZG
Do you regret it?
>>
File: 1400968168594.png (155 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1400968168594.png
155 KB, 800x800
>mfw all those chinks with no idea what's happening suddenly can't login
>>
>>137911758

I tell you what happened. Trion took the Free to Play Route but instead of learning from what other companies were doing at the time. They just went full retard and then took away everything that made rift fun so people would pay.

Honestly it's basically gone the way of Perfect World Entertainment and that's a damn shame.
>>
>>137911802
How the fuck can I trust Corecraft at this point. If it gets too big or popular it will incur the wrath of blizzard all the same.

I know Sweden != France but still, what's to stop them from threatening a couple Swedes with a lawsuit?
>>
All right all right, you guys are obviously stubborn. But let me ask you this, what would it take for you to return to retail?
>>
>>137911758

RIFT was a lot of fun. Easily the most fun I've had in an MMO since WoW, especially the PvP that wasn't the absolute slugfest 10minute 1v1 that WoW PvP had become by that same point in time.

Really, at least when it was first implemented, I didn't feel like the ingame store was that harmful. You still needed to work for the best stuff, though I haven't been on it in well over a year so not sure how it is these days.
>>
>>137910663
Top has nice UI, you ally scum
>>
>>137911917
Didn't Trion fuck up Aion Online too?

Those motherfuckers.
>>
>>137911969
Legacy servers
>>
>>137911861
can they get revenge on blizzard?
>>
>>137911969
Legacy servers.
>>
>>137911969

Legacy servers for every expansion.
>>
>>137911802
You should try Playtbc then. Pretty sure most of the boyz are gonna roll just to check it out and we'd love to have our favorite Serb around again.
>>
>>137911969

Legacy servers.
>>
I think there's a GM in TB right now
>>
Anyone got a side account they don't use that I can login with for the end days?

The server won't recognize my account because I haven't been on since November, and the only way to fix it is by password reset, but the site services are down (permanently I guess). I would like to revisit the world one last time and witness the reckoning with my fellow champions.
>>
>>137911969
legacy servers with absolutely no "quality of life" improvements like level 60 boosts.

That's my biggest fear of an official vanilla server, the bullshit blizzard will do to it to squeeze more money out
>>
>>137912094
https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/4d0uss/reviewing_the_playtbc_beta_experience/
Playtbc looks like shit.
>>
>>137911975
The class system was incredibly fun and actually unique as were the Rifts
>>
>>137911969
legacy servers
>>
>>137912107
>>137912083
>>137912065
>>137912060
>>137912165

except that
>>
>>137911969
Legacy servers, no bullshit.
>>
>>137912206
nothing. only legacy server
>>
>>137911969
Legacy servers for all expansions and they ability to transfer a character forward (so that guilds can move progressively through Vanilla -> BC -> WOTLK, etc).
>>
>>137912206
make levelling not shit again
so
legacy servers
>>
it was fun guys. i'll miss you
>>
So we're all going to project 1999 right?

please say yes
>>
>>137912206
an expansion that has more than two patches and an active community
>>
>>137912206
nothing else
>>
Please convince me not to play on playtbc next week

I dont think i can stop myself
>>
>>137912206
Every single Blizzard employee to commit ritual suicide at Blizzcon this year and hand development over to people who actually play video games and don't bend over backwards for SJW crocodile tears.
They'll probably implement legacy servers because it's the smart thing to do.
>>
>>137912331

Excalibur is still alive
>>
>everquest next cancelled
>nost shut down
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR20QH5UHoM

>>
File: stands alot.png (2 MB, 985x775) Image search: [Google]
stands alot.png
2 MB, 985x775
>>137909746
Gonna stop playing all togheter
Nost shutting down couldn't have come at a better time in my life
I'm glad for my own sake but sad for everyone else.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 197

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.