[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/owg/ overwatch general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: holy fuck kill yourself.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
holy fuck kill yourself.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
cancer edition
>>
post you're favorite character and why
>>
File: postem.png (548 KB, 1116x826) Image search: [Google]
postem.png
548 KB, 1116x826
post'em you
>>
File: 1458747469555.jpg (48 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1458747469555.jpg
48 KB, 540x960
>>137155201
>genji mainer
>dozens of games on the negative
>>
>>137155201
>WL instead of KDR
>>
Will I ever get/in/?

Pls blizz

Pls
>>
>no game info or links
>shit image
>no tracer

Awful general
>>
>>137156239
They haven't done any beta waves so I don't think you'll get in until open beta / release
>>
>>137156408
OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwdS5LhQcfI
>>
>>137156408
what fucking links should i include in the OP
>>
>>137156239
>>137156410
Got acces yesterday, I'm on EU.
>>
So what's the general opinion on the balance and game play for those in the beta?
No shit about sjw pandering, just about the actual game.
>>
>>137159009
Well being a blizzard game you can kind of tell how balance is going with the patch notes
Genji and Tracer harass with Zen orbs floods the meta, so they give Zenyatta the people's elbow.
And premades matching with solo queuers is obviously a wipeout but that's easy to fix.
>>
>bought this game after paladins was so disappointing
>can't play until next week

Fucking niggers

Anyone in the beta want to comment on how well the game is compared to paladins/battleborn/gigantic, and i guess TF2?
>>
>>137154821
>131-225
Matchmaking is nonexistent, and this is what happens when you don't stack every single game
>>
>>137160060
Tf2 is better by miles. Overwatch's problems could be solved by custom servers and a scramble teams vote, but since blizz refuses to add them, they refuse to let Overwatch be good
>>
>>137160060
It has nothing to do with these games. It's more like first person Monday Night Combat without lanes with creeps.
>>
>>137160113
it also happens when you main fucking widowmaker and suck ass playing her

like sure, most people that only solo queue are a bit below 50% winrate but not that hard
>>
>>137159009

>Winston is pretty bad right now because of a cheese strat involving teamwork
>Genji is worse than tracer in most respects
>Zenyatta is now bad in pubs because of a cheese strat involving teamwork
>Tracer is extremely fookin stronk just most players are garbage with her
>Bastion by nature of his design will never be balanced outside of gimmick shit
>You don't gain Ult from taking or blocking damage anymore, which means that characters that do damage generally get ults much faster
>Although they added universal ult passive charge which results in some characters having their ult constantly while some characters take forever to get ult even if you're doing really well.
>Tobjorn is in a really weird spot where his turret is generally worthless without ulting but his shotgun is one of the strongest things in the game
>Symmetra exists for her ultimate in a way that no other character in the game really does
>Playing pudge is a huge detriment to your team because you're so fat and can't mitigate damage so you just feed the enemy team ultimate by existing
>Mei, while not necessarily imbalanced, is only good now because she's proto-Mccree and no one actually picks her for her utility
>Widowmaker can kill some classes with a single bodyshot from full health and that's bullshit
>Edgelord can the frag vast majority of the roster with two good meatshots yet he has 8 fucking shots for some reason

Off the top of my head.
>>
>>137159009
I'm going to try to put a tierlist together off the top of my head. Im probably off by a lot, but here we gooooooo:

(Each sections starts with the best hero and ends with the worst hero)

Offense:
Soldier 76 - Just solid in every respect
Pharah - Again, solid, though can't quite stick to the point like 76 can.
McCree - Serious tank buster, but good at picking of the squishies too
Reaper - Extreme tankbuster, but loses all value at medium ranges and up, really good at KotH
Genji - Mediocre, ult is lacking, reflect requires people to be stupid
Tracer - Really only good at flanking and killing little things, but a top notch Tracer can still destroy.

Defense:
Mei - Self heal, enemy ult denial, great ult of her own, great damage, she's got it all.
Junkrat - The defense's Pharah, just again, solid, good dps, great extra abilities, and a play of the game kind of ult
Bation - Easy setup, a self heal, tons of damage, ult builds fast too
Torbjorn - Kind of like bastion, just, takes longer to setup, ult is lacking, points for giving the team armor
Hanzo - Mediocre, kind of in the same league as genji, can be good if people know what their doing, good ult for clearing an area
Widowmaker - Still devastating in the hands of someone who's good, but can't contribute much to the objective. A game loser on offense

Tank:
Reinhardt - Just gets shit done, great at defending the team and provides good crowd control
Winston - A weaker Reinhardt but provides (mostly) the same benefits. A good distraction if anything.
D.VA - Great at disrupting the backline, and amazing at clearing an area with ult, but can't really protect the team as effectively.
Zarya - Ult is good, but her shields only being 2 seconds long makes her really mediocre, only good in little scuffles, can't really force a push like other tanks can.
Roadhog - Insanely fun, but has 0 ways to defend the team, and just helps the enemy build ult faster.

Support:
Lucio
Mercy
Zenyatta
Symettra
post reached text limit
>>
>>137160060
Those game are only slightly related, kind of like comparing dota to demigod I guess.

That being said overwatch has 9001x the budget of those games and will at the very least be way more polished. I have high hopes for this game, it's blizzard breaking into a genre that isn't yet over saturated, and isn't trying to make a casual shitfest like HotS.
>>
>>137161129
Support:
Lucio - Like all the others at the top, just solid, great heal over time, can get to the objective with the team faster, sound barrier allows for great pushes
Mercy - Only in this spot because of the res ability, which by itself is really strong. Damage boost is pretty good too.
Zenyatta - Really lacking with the new changes to his orbs, but the ult is still great. Only in 3rd spot because he actually heals.
Symettra - Teleporter is good but sentries die if you sneeze at them, piss poor damage herself, and the 50 shields per person is good, but, an actual heal ability would be much better.
>>
>>137161486
Even if they arent directly related they are in competition with each other. They are all technically arena style shooters with moba elements.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.