[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/esog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 30
File: Screenshot_20150401_024048.jpg (839 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20150401_024048.jpg
839 KB, 1920x1080
This one will probably die before bump limit too Edition.

>News
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/01/12/eso--the-year-ahead

>Online lore portal and map
http://uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
http://esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
http://esoui.com/addons.php

>Other Links
http://teso-rp.com/
http://esoacademy.com/
http://eso-fashion.com/
>>
>>128883543
PC/EU. Don't I need to level up in Alchemy itself to get that?
And yeah, I guess they are easy to miss; I'm used to TES making them easier to spot I suppose.
>>
>>128909546
I we keep making one every time one dies, it will eventually become stable. Not enough people know we're making /esog/ threads. They probably still think they don't exist.
>>
>>128911981
You should be able to see them even with 1 point in keen eye
>>
>>128920660
This. Keep making them OP.
I can't be here 24/7 to keep it alive but I'll bump when I'm near a computer.

I'm only level 11 right now, is the DLC even relevant to me at this level?
>>
Btw for everyone saying that magicka dk is dead in pvp: it's not strong solo, but in a small/big group, it's still godly
>>
>>128921000
Well you can run the dlc at every level, but I recommend to do the dlc after you reach 50, because you'll meet someone at the end of the dlc who will make you hype the shit out of your pants(story wise). No spoilers.
>>
>>128921268
>>128921268
Sounds good thanks for the tip.
How much does Imperial city run in crown points? I know orsinium is like 24 dollars worth of crowns.
>>
>>128921389
Pfoee good questing I really don't know, it's cheaper than orsinium, I can tell you that. But I recommend to buy it if you have a group to play it with, as it's made group content
>>
>>128921389
Same price
>>
>>128909546
Some ongoing sales on the game another anon was kind enough to post last time if you are thinking of picking it up:
http://www.dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/bethesda/
>>
>>128911981
You don't need to complete the writ certification to start progressing the Alchemy skill line. Pick up whatever reagents you spot in the wilderness and combine what you can, successful potion creation will give you experience in Alchemy.

The certification is just so you can pick up orders from various organisations (which you get depends on how many points you have in the first Alchemy passive) to craft potions for them and get paid with gold, Alchemy experience, and extra materials.
>>
>>128920809
Found a guild store with them for a reasonable price, but I'll look into that skill for future use.
>>
I'm new to the game and wondering where the fuck you get recipies from? Also, I make one cup of team and my provisioning goes up a whole levle and a half. I make twenty pairs of trousers and my tailoring goes up by 10% of the way to level 3. wat?
>>
>>128927730
You can find recipes in containers like drawers, bags, and urns. They'll never appear in things like barrels and crates. Abandoned campsites in the wilderness usually have bags that may contain recipes. The level range of the zone you are in determines what kind of recipes you can find.

You can also steal them from these kinds of containers in towns, where they are more plentiful. You don't have to launder a recipe to learn it, so they are easy to steal.

Guild stores are also a good source for recipes, under Crafting -> Provisioning -> Recipes.

Lastly, completing a Provisioning Writ often rewards you with new recipes. The level of the writ determines what recipes you can earn as rewards.

>I make twenty pairs of trousers and my tailoring goes up by 10% of the way to level 3. wat?
Deconstructing light/medium armours you find will get you more experience.
>>
File: echalette.jpg (296 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
echalette.jpg
296 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>128909546
>tfw just started
>expected it to be shitty, since I played back in the beta
After the experience of beta ESO (falling through floors at regular intervals), this game turned out alright.
>>
I've been thinking of picking this up, but I'm not a huge elder scrolls fan. I've only played oblivion and skyrim, don't really know/care about the lore and only enjoyed the gameplay/opennes of it.

Given that, is it worth it to buy this? It's on sale and I've been thinking about it, but I'm afraid of falling into the same trap I always fall into with MMOs (aka it starts getting boring and monotonous). And Ideally I'd try to get some friends to play it as well so it'd be cool of the game made it easy to quest/fight/whatever together.
>>
>>128937036
Wait until you get to the point where you can power through leveling Werewolf or Vampire.

Wait until you are good enough to tank/heal/DPS for a dungeon.

Wait until you max out legerdemain and start robbing whole cities blind.

Wait until you finish the main questline.

Game's great. You'll love it.
>>
>>128940973
It's not as open as a normal TES game, but the quest lines are just as good.

In the mage's guild, you'll fight against a powerful deadric prince in a battle to reclaim the mage's guild home-land that Archmage Shalador created.

In the Fighter's Guild, you'll uncover a plot where someone attempts to collapse the guild upon itself and give power to one of the most powerful evil forces in the whole TES universe.

On top of that, each new area has it's own "Main Quest" where you'll do everything from killing off giant flame atronachs that are being worshiped by cults to actually taking down vampire families.
>>
>>128944603
You forgot to tell him about the Waifus.

>>128940973
There is a "Waifu" in each faction. Basically, a recurring female character that constantly flirts with the player character.

In the Ebonheart Pact, this role is filled by a cute Dunmer assassin/thief secretly working for [Not Going To Spoil It.] She constantly flirts and jokes about sex.

In the Daggerfall Covanant, there are a few diffrent ones. Early-on, you'll either free an Orc from her tribe or make her stay. If you free her, she becomes close friends with you and you meet her through-out the quest line.

There's also a Bretan spy that is capable of illusion magic. You meet her as a plant.

On top of that, there's a High Elf male that's probably got more magic and book smarts then self-preserving instincts. He turns into the broiest bro that ever did bro.

Again in the Daggerfall covanent, you'll meet a Breton Male warrior that kicks so much ass he might as well be considered a player character. He not only follows you through the DaggerFall story, but he's also in the end of the main quest and some cool shit is going to be done with him in the future. (You find a note from him hidden away in the Wrothgar libraries if you look hard enough.)

In the Aldmeri Dominion, you and the Queen pretty much become best friends because the player character is the only one that seems to not treat her like royalty. (Meaning you are pretty much the only person that treats her like an actual person.)

There's also her right-hand-Sex Cat that talks some cool shit and becomes something like a follower for you in most of the AD questline.
>>
>>128949319
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.

Razum-dar is sexing up the queen?
>>
>>128949575
Hell yeah he is.

While the queen went on her adventure, he was pretty much the only friend she kept close. You think that shit won't create some sex? That shit creates some sex.
>>
>>128949681
Queen Ayrenn is a furry....

Shit.
>>
Can someone give me a TL;DR for a new player trying to level?

From what i understand so far...:

-Use resto and destro staff on every class, picking what weapon you actually want to use is saved for endgameish

-Get 1 skill from every tree they'll level at the same time and unlock skills i can use to actually play and enjoy the game later, forget about making waiting for skills, its suboptimal

-Put all attributes in health until later in the game when you have skills and stuff to make up for the missing HP

Anything else? I hate to sound cynical, but im not looking to play the game competitively or RP casually, just something in somewhere in between. Does this game not offer that experience? I've googled for newbie tips but just found that general MMO stuff that doesnt really apply to this game at all. Most of the guides and resources are for veteran players full of jargon and terms i cant yet interpret, telling me to select skills at level 1 i don't even have access to.
>>
>>128951539
It feels if i dont min/max everything it'll take me months to level my character,

but if i min/max everything i find no fun in the playstyle i grow bored and exit the game,

any insight?
>>
>>128951539
>Use resto and destro staff on every class, picking what weapon you actually want to use is saved for endgameish

Hell no. I main-handed a greatsword all the way to that skill line's level 50 and loved it before I ever tried anything else.

Use what weapons YOU like. Fuck min/maxing, and what you describe isn't even part of min/maxing in this game. If you are min/maxing, you'll play to your class' strengths.

Meaning:

>Dunmer Dragonknight because they get bonuses to fire damage
>Breton/Altmer anything if you're going to be playing a mage (All classes can fill any role)
>Orc/Redguard/Kajiit anything that does melee because of the stamina boosts. (All classes can do anything.)

HOWEVER! I play a Nord Templar Tank. I'm a werewolf, and I use a bow in my off-hand.

Anything is viable.

No one (And I mean NO ONE) in this game is going to get mad at you for playing what you want.

Want to be a Sorcerer Tank? They're fucking neat-o.

Want to play a Nord Mage? I did for a while when I got tired of tanking. Did some sweet Healing/DPS.

Want to play anything? Fucking do it.

It's just like a normal TES game. Play what you want. Min/Maxing might give you around a 5% Boost above anything else, and even that is evened out when you get enough champ points.

>Get 1 skill from every tree they'll level at the same time and unlock skills i can use to actually play and enjoy the game later, forget about making waiting for skills, its suboptimal

Nah. Use what you like. This isn't a normal MMO where you try to max out every skill. You'll actually gimp yourself in the long run.

Find out what you like.

Want some flashy skills with lots of AoE? Go mage and use all the AoE skills you want.

Want to charge into fights and use a giant weapon? Pick two-handed and get your charging skill and pick up Rally when you can.

Want to charge into fights and not use a giant weapon? Duel-wielding is perfect for that.

Play what you want to play at all times.

>Cont...
>>
>>128951539
>>128955950

Cont...

>Put all attributes in health until later in the game when you have skills and stuff to make up for the missing HP

Hell no.

Damage with melee anything is based off of your base weapon damage + your stamina pool's max. So, putting no points into stamina is going to gimp your damage like mad. Not even tanks put all of their points into health. (Hell, some have absolutely NO points in health and just utilize a lot of damage mitigation.)

>It feels if i dont min/max everything it'll take me months to level my character,

It'll take months to level anything. The game is funking huge, man.

This is a game about questlines and story. You can PvP at any level you want. You can run max-level dungeons at any level you want. (Just use the group finder to join dungeons and it auto-levels you to max.)

Play the game to develop you character's skills and gear. Enjoy your time with the game. It's going to take a real fucking long time to hit max anything. (Because that's not the point of the game. There's always something new to max out.)

>but if i min/max everything i find no fun in the playstyle i grow bored and exit the game

This is another reason you don't min/max in this game. It takes so fucking long to reach max anything that you'll hit your min/max goal and then grow bored because you can't do anything else.

I leveled my Light Armor, Destruction Staff, and Restoration staff while I was leveling even though I knew I'd probably be playing tank more than anything.

Why?

Because being a mage is fucking cool. I wanted to have that option open.

>any insight?
A shit ton.
>>
>>128956419
I should also point out that damage with magika anything (Staff attacks, spells, any skill that doesn't use stamina) is based of your Magika pool's max.

Putting all of your points into Health will gimp you no matter what role you're playing.
>>
>>128955950
>>128956419
>>128956574
so you're telling me, to do anything that i want?

and to just follow the quest and the story?

so why is this game "online" and advertised like it's a multiplayer game of some sorts?

i mean even if i go into PvP or a dungeon at say level 20, even if it levels me to max, i wont be able to use any of the higher tiered skills for my class unlocked
>>
>>128957064
>so you're telling me, to do anything that i want?

Yep

>and to just follow the quest and the story?
If that's what you want to do. You can just put it off for a while and explore the map. Farm mobs to level/Go into delves to level/Do dungeons to level/PvP to level/Fight world bosses to level.

>so why is this game "online" and advertised like it's a multiplayer game of some sorts?

Because you can have a group run through the story with you/Go into delves with you/Farm mobs with you/Do dungeons with you/PvP with you/Talk shit with you

>i mean even if i go into PvP or a dungeon at say level 20, even if it levels me to max, i won't be able to use any of the higher tiered skills for my class unlocked

You won't have the good tanking skills at level 20, but I'd say a Templar at level 20 could probably be good enough at healer. It'd be rough, but you should have enough magicka in your pool to put out some good heals and keep the tank alive.

Anyone can DPS.
>>
>>128957468
I should also point out that my Nord Templar made a damn good tank at level 40.
>>
>>128957468
so basically run resto/destro staff until end game where i'll actually have enough money and skill points to do what i want, sounds good
>>
>>128957664
Good luck
>>
>>128957664
The guy just gave you all the information you needed to have fun with the game and you take that and wipe your ass with it?

You're going to do nothing but resto/destro until, what? VR16?

You're going to bored as fuck.
>>
>>128959089
well every other weapon choice does only does a fraction of the damage and it's seriously the recommended build on every single class for "leveling from zero" on every site, and even this guy levels it on every character, even his tank, so...

Every iteration of TES has been always been resto/destro staves as the primary weapons, i just thought maybe with this "online mmoish" aspect we might see some people using swords
>>
>>128960404
>i just thought maybe with this "online mmoish" aspect we might see some people using swords

That was his whole point. That was literally the whole point of everything he just told you.

You can use any weapon and any skill as any race as any class at any level.

Want to level your two-handed weapon tree from level 1? That's exactly what I did. I'm a Nord Dragonknight. I use heavy armor, a battle axe, and I'm a vampire. I do amazing DPS. I have never even touched resto/destro.

Medium armor would give me more DPS, but I like the look of heavy armor better and like the extra armor it gives me. I've never once run into an issue and I'm VR5.
>>
>>128960404
>Every iteration of TES has been always been resto/destro staves as the primary weapons

Fucking what?

>Skyrim
You're the god damned Dragon Born. The last gad damned dragon born. You're a warrior of legend. You're the greatest man in armor that ever lived.

There are no restoration staves in the game.

Destruction staves suck as main-hand weapons.

The other staves suck as any kind of weapon.

>Oblivion
The only time you're going to get the opportunity to make a good staff is when you join the mages guild, and that's more than likely not going to be at max level, so you'll soon out-level said staff.

Never played Morrowind, so I won't comment on that.
>>
>>128934850
what the fuck are those thing, the wrothgarian emissary had one the size of a buffalo
>>
>>128949924
>>128949681
veiled heritence knew exactly what they were doing. also, that school for 'enlightening' the lesser races of the dominion was hilarious
>>
>>128966619
They're baby Echateres. They are native to and usually only found in Wrothgar, although the Undaunted keep one on display in Mournhold.

http://uesp.net/wiki/Online:All_About_Echatere
>>
>>128909546
reminder that you're always welcome in /tesg/
>>
>>128967357
Wait... what?

I'll admit it's been a few months, but back when I tried to talk about EXO in /teg/ I got my verbal ass handed to me on a Skyrim flavored Waifu plater.

When did they change their minds?
>>
>>12896714311
that snow durzog
neat
>>128967357
nice meme, you think we havent tried?
>>
wow how is there an ESO general but not Wildstar? top kek

But seriously, I've been itching for a solo friendly PvE mmo for a while now. I LOVE Morrowind, LOVE Elder Scrolls lore. Should I give this game a try? I don't give a fuck about raiding or PvP.
>>
>>128967649
my wife actually complains that it's too much of a solo experience, you can definitely treat it like a singleplayer game. For lore buffs, you'll love it or hate it. they came a long way in that regard, and aren't afraid to be kirkbride-bold in some respects, which can ruffle feathers. example, the isle of betony is currently conquered by orcs who call it betnikh and have set up longhouses in the courtyard of the stolen breton stronghold.
>>
>>128968136
>my wife

fuck off RHEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>128967649
>I don't give a fuck about raiding or PvP

There's currently only two real raids and PvP is completely optional.

The biggest part of the game is questing. There are probably thousands of different quest lines to do. (Counting sidequests and the different crafting writs.)

I'm completely solo unless I want to do a quick dungeon, and then that's just joining the group finder, getting teleported into the dungeon, doing my tank thing, and then getting it done.
>>
File: 2016-01-18_00001.jpg (707 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-18_00001.jpg
707 KB, 1920x1080
>>128874650
>>128873727
>wanted to post
>had to patch first
>fucking thread died
I like to be both as silly and lore appropriate as possible.
>>
>>128957664
Holy shit nig you are a turbo fag. You came asking if you should play like a retard cause you heard somewhere once that it was "min-maxing" and when someone gave you a bunch of advice you basically tell him to fuck off.
kill yourself
>>
>Tfw have an Emperor
Get rekt elves and shit
>>
>>128909546
why is this game so boring
i really want to get into it but goddamn the combat is awful and the quests seem pointless because they dont affect anything in the world
how do i get into this game?
>>
>>128971872
I enjoy the combat

I hate the typical fantasy accents but otherwise the quests are fine. I've noticed changes caused by my different choices from my beta run
>>
>>128971872
try playing anything but a boring 2hand nord slapfest character ?
>>
>>128972054
the combat feels kinda delayed dont u think?
and the spells have awful feel they dont feel powerful at all (speaking of sorcerer)
>>
File: more ESO combat.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
more ESO combat.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>128972127
sorc is what i like, but in all classes i prefer a liberal use of weapon skills (destro staff in that case) with only a couple class spells. I dont even have the summons on my bars, for example.
>>
>>128972127
Delayed how?
>>
>>128969439
Me too.
>>128874650
>mfw complete noob
>>
>>128977260
>them eyes
>jotunn sjensumshiit
>>
>>128977359
Haha, I know, right. I'm not amazing at character creation. You should've seen my attempts at recreating myself in FO4...
>>128972126
I'm beginning to find this, actually. I got the werewolf skills for a bit of variety, and because my favourite Skyrim playthrough was a Nord Companion, I figured I'd carry the loose outline of that character onwards.
I quite fancy making a rogue-style character next. Never really been one for mages in the ES universe.
>>
>>128977628
Also if anyone's also quite new and plays EP on PC EU, I'd love to group up for a bit. Playing solo gets lonely fast.
>>
>>128977628
mages arent crippled like the core series, but they also lack the fun practical applications of magic. of course so did skyrim, and no doubt tes6 will too.
>>
Does this game seem a bit to antisocial for an MMO?

>Start quest line
>If you want to listen to the dialog, you can't be in any kind of voice chat
>Most (All for some people) of the game is questing
>Zone chats are normally dead
>No in-game voice chat (Console fags need not apply)
>No real reason to group when questing unless you just have a friend and want to quest together.
>>
File: 1389496683224.jpg (56 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1389496683224.jpg
56 KB, 600x480
>goodbye bedroll.
>>
>>128980873
It seems like it was designed to be as much of a single player experience an an mmo. I'm unguilded and have played most of the content by myself so far.

I think a few of the problems are that the group finder tools are pretty bad so people don't bother to do much of the group content. The only time I found myself grouping with others was in Cyrodill for the obvious zerg train. Party finder would make grouping so much easier. Finding a guild seems like a pain in the arse too, they need a guild finder. I know it's trying to be authentic Elder Scrolls but I don't really like the fact that the UI is so bare. To me there's mmo standards that every mmo should have (minimap, damage numbers, item icons in a grid layout, the ability to easily see if something is an upgrade/downgrade etc...) but eso kind of just ignores them and leaves it up to the modders.
>>
Is there any advantage to using a lower damage greatsword to a higher damage battleaxe? They both seem to be the highest possible damage for the same level. Does the sword hit faster or something?
>>
>>128983652
Do you have skill points in the passive skill (Two-handed tree) that gives different weapons effects? Battle axes add damage over time through a bleed while Greatswords get a straight 5% damage boost.
>>
>>128984128
Ah, right, I forgot about that. I don't have it yet, no.
>>
>>128984554
Then take the weapon with higher base damage. Until you have that passive, weapon choice changes nothing.
>>
>>128980873
MMORPGs are shit. I'm here to touch everything, walk everywhere and lick Ayem's ear while she tells me she isn't usually a vengeful god.
>>
I got this game yesterday, been fucking around solo so far, did some dungeon thing called crow wood or something then went a helped an old wizard ghost remember how to seal some brother of strife or something fuck knows.

I've also been spending time trying to make shit, clothing and food I decided on. Can't find food recipes anywhere though, is this a profession only for theives so that you can steal the recipes from NPCs?

I made an imperial syphondude who wears medium armour and uses one-handed + shield. I think that's probably a pretty retarded combo but I like the look of it.
>>
>>128989634
>crow wood

That's a public dungeon. (Anyone can just pop in and out, no real difficulty.) It's not one of the actual dungeons.

They're fun, but it's so easy to solo them they're pretty much just mini quest zones.

>Can't find food recipes anywhere though
You'll find them as loot from most man or mer mobs. Also check every crate/barrel/sack/bag for them.

>I think that's probably a pretty retarded combo but I like the look of it.
That's the point. Have fun.
>>
>>128989634
>Can't find food recipes anywhere though, is this a profession only for theives so that you can steal the recipes from NPCs?
Recipes only appear in certain kinds of containers, like bags, drawers, or urns. Those happen to be more common as owned containers, so stealing is definitely faster than finding them in the wild.

However, guild stores usually have plenty of them to buy from other players.

You can also get them as rewards for completing Provisioning writs, especially blue or purple ones.
>>
How gimped are you if you play this game for free? Are there alot of annoying pop ups and ads to subscribe or use some sort of cash shop?
>>
>>128991758
It's Buy 2 Play. You buy the game once, and then that's it. You only need to pay the sub fee if you really want the boosts that come with it. (Read: You level slightly faster. That's it.)

You can buy all of the DLC through the cash-shop and every other thing in the cash shop (Currently) is cosmetic.
>>
>>128992769
I thought the PC version went f2p?
>>
>>128993086
No, they just dropped the subscription on PC, and the other versions never had one since they released after that.
>>
Coming back to this game from a good year or more break.

I see Muh Lore is dead, do we have any Guilds on PC that are still active or am I gonna have to throw my lot in with the ERP'ing Germans ?

EU btw
>>
ded
>>
>>128994873
I got invited to two okay guilds on EU Ebonheart Pact while just standing around at the bank
also I witnessed some german roleplayers enacting something which I mistook for "Dance of the Three Legged Guar" and I watched them for 20 minutes until realizing it's just some incest RP or something
>>
anyone want to do the pledges for today?
im v3

PC too
>>
What does fishing actually do?

Seems odd to have a whole mechanic like that just to harvest mats for cooking.
>>
>>128994873
Muh Lore? was that a guild? I was heavily involved in one on the official forums called Marukhati that had Kirkbride's stamp of approval, I lost touch before the beta though
>>
>>129000078
Muh Lore was the one I joined on release, was a good band of anons. Plenty of mats and crafted gear in Guild Bank, no one took the piss and took more then they needed.

Maybe if this game was a GW2 payment model on release, it might have not lost so many people.
>>
>>129000378
I see. the Marukhati were a bunch of hardcore lore freaks who had plans to steal the elder scrolls and protect them from the war in a fort turned monastery and shit like that; they raised hell about any lore issues that cropped up in each official release and I'm convinced the group was responsible for a lot of the changes for the better; the Imgakin pet for beta participants (the Imga was the group's symbol and mascot) seems to support that.
>>
>>128999432
When you cut the fish up there's a chance you'll find Perfect Roe, which is needed for Legendary recipes.

There's dyes you can get by catching rare fish in each area.

And of course, you can also sell the fish for a little bit of gold to use up bait you get from harvesting plants.
>>
this game is gaining people so fast

one of my guilds was just talking about this, there are so many people coming back and joining.

again, anyone want to do the vet and reg pledge today?
>>
>>129001562
>taking worms and bugs from plants
>not leaving them so the node remains to frustrate and disappoint future herbalists
#WasteThatOnesTime2E583
>>
Is there any strategy to get runes for enchanting? Or do I just roll around the world looking?
>>
>>129005773
ANON

ME TOO.

im v3 and have been stuck for so long at the same enchanting rank

my advice is just go to every guild trader and buy runes
>>
>>129007849
I buy glyphs from enchanters and then deconstruct them, seem deconstruction give most xp for all skills.
>>
>>129009073
doing this to fill writs killed my wallet, I can't even afford a horse
>>
if youre on PC ill give you monies for a horse
>>
>>129009980
Yeah you can pick up some v rank glyph from guild traders for same price as one in shops like some shitty v3 glyph that nobody want.
>>
>>129010441
it's coo, I've got my shriveled heart set on a guar anyway
>>
>>129013545
alright, then.

anyone want to do the pledges? im v3

PC
>>
File: 1440893855251s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1440893855251s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>
File: Screenshot_20160115_184921.png (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160115_184921.png
1 MB, 960x540
>>
File: Screenshot_20160117_200537.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160117_200537.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
k
>>
Just a fellow ESO player.
Does anyone have any tips or advice to help me become a more beneficial tank for group dungeons? Like, what kind of skills, attributes ,etc., should i focus on that can help me. I'm currently a Argonian Sorcerer v3. I do enjoy experimenting with many builds, but I feel like i could be doing much better.
>>
File: fire_forrest.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fire_forrest.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Post screenshots.
>>
File: twomoons1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
twomoons1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>129018243
/2
>>
File: twomoons2.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
twomoons2.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>129018606
/3

>I couldn't get rid of the quest character waypoint
>>
File: reapers_march.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
reapers_march.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>129018851
/4

Is there an actual reliable way to boost graphics even higher? I think I tried to get SweetFX or something else to work but couldn't. So far had to rely on UserSetting.txt trickery.

If it doesn't just over-saturate shit I might try again assuming it wont keep crashing my game.
>>
File: mora1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mora1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>129019779
/5

last one for now
>>
Thinking about buying non steam version DVD with giftbux on amazon.
How's the game?
>>
File: stealtharcher.png (1 MB, 800x3176) Image search: [Google]
stealtharcher.png
1 MB, 800x3176
Stopping by to help try to keep the thread alive, I really would like to keep an ESO culture on 4chan and show those /tesg/ fuckheads what's up.

Going skyshard hunting tonight.
>>
>>129020781
It's a good buy even if you don't like MMORPG staples like dungeons and trials because the story content is fantastic. And there's a LOT of it.
50+ hours for each faction I'd say if you're a lore fag that takes your time.
>>
>>129022029
I should really get back on ESO and go skyshard hunting.

I ended up finding a good grind spot to farm Champ Points and EXP with EXP scrolls, but I was a retard and over leveled, now it feels worthless doing the quests in my zone because I'm V6 in a V1 zone and I get hit on the EXP gains hard.

I should just do it for muh lore/story/comfy or whatever while I still hunt for shards.

Being a glass cannon high elf vamp sorc is too easy. What I want to know is whether I'll get BTFO in Cyrodiil. I've leveled all my shields and even leveled that shield in heavy armor that stops you being stunned iirc. I also have the invis bat swarm too. Since I have a shit ton of magicka and insane regen, I wonder if I could combine the swarm with streak and bolt out if things get hairy.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6579371
>>
>>129024080
>http://strawpoll.me/6579371
>Anything but the Breton master race
>>
File: legigglingbananaman.jpg (36 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
legigglingbananaman.jpg
36 KB, 256x352
>>129025205
>Bretons
>Master race
>>
File: 1422069278502.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1422069278502.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>129025901
>Piss elves
>Master anything

Get lost
>>
File: Empurrer.jpg-large.jpg (170 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Empurrer.jpg-large.jpg
170 KB, 1024x576
hey, ESO got it's own general!
I stopped playing for awhile due to lack of interest, has anything changed since they implemented the imperial city dlc?
Also play on console
>>
What's this about a sword called TrueFlame being fishable in stonefalls?

Is it a ruse? There's almost no info about it
>>
>>129023838
My characters have been sort-of glass canons. I think you'll be fine in pvp. Streak has worked to escape some situations, but it can take some getting used to accounting for lag and abilities that can grab you past the distance a single streak will take you.

>>129033265
On NA? I recognise some names from other things, but never seen them in ESO, maybe because I mainly play on EU.
>>
File: ESO.jpg (1 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
ESO.jpg
1 MB, 3072x1728
>>129033265
We're trying to sustain it as best we can.
Couldn't tell you about changes, I played a lot at launch and then took a hiatus until last week.

Don't feel bad though I play on xbox.
>>
File: mr.kitty kitty.jpg (482 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mr.kitty kitty.jpg
482 KB, 1920x1080
>>129034063
Is there a difference between the NA/EU servers?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160119_003752.png (2 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160119_003752.png
2 MB, 1360x768
It started with a band playing in the bank...
>>
>>129034254
Not besides them being two separate servers.

>>129033265
The Orsinium DLC also brought new tweaks to battle leveling. Zones that are battle leveled like Wrothgar and Cyrodiil now spawn material nodes appropriate to your character's related crafting skill. Dungeons are also battle leveled if you use Group Finder, so players of any level can easily do a dungeon together and get loot at their individual levels.

Many more details:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2315889/#Comment_2315889
>>
File: Screenshot_20160119_004534.png (2 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160119_004534.png
2 MB, 1360x768
>>129035213
Then a skeleton joined in outside.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160119_004736.png (2 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160119_004736.png
2 MB, 1360x768
>>129035432
Suddenly, a human centipede turned up.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160119_005428.png (2 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160119_005428.png
2 MB, 1360x768
>>129035618
One thing led to another...
>>
File: Screenshot_20160119_011213.png (2 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160119_011213.png
2 MB, 1360x768
>>129035846
...And more began to join!
>>
File: faggot.png (36 KB, 349x48) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
36 KB, 349x48
Ugh, you're the "ebin memer" that was spamming zone chat about a human centipede and dank memes?

disgusting.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160119_011713.png (2 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160119_011713.png
2 MB, 1360x768
>>129037009
A trend caught on, and animals began to join in.
>>129037439
No, not me.
>>
>>129037439
I'm excited for console text. I might buy one of those controller keyboards for it because I'm too shy and I don't enjoy the voice chat
>>
>>128909546
>esog
deserves to die tbqh senpai
>>
File: 1387817274790.gif (160 KB, 236x285) Image search: [Google]
1387817274790.gif
160 KB, 236x285
>>129039361
Fuck off /tesg/
>>
>>129039603
> thinking I am /tesg/
>you are living in a fantasy world
>and to add insult to your injury it's ESO
>>
These fucking memefags are still shitting up zone chat with constant bullshit. They must have a combined age of 12 and just found 9gag
>>
>>129041051
You don't know how to greentext shitposter, shoo shoo.
>>
File: 1445658465727.jpg (28 KB, 374x279) Image search: [Google]
1445658465727.jpg
28 KB, 374x279
>>129041363
>You don't know how to greentext shitposter, shoo shoo.
>>
>>129041082
>Having zone chat on
>>
Templar or dragonknight?

I really like using two-handed axes in TES games and I almost always play Nord or Orc.
>>
>>129047908
DK
>>
>>129048914
I'm looking at Templar thinking I could just enchant heavy armor with a few extra magicka enchants and have some pretty good self-heals on top of DPS. In the open world, it shouldn't hurt my ability to do anything, and in dungeons it'll allow the healer to focus more on the tank.

Dragon Knight just seems full-on power house.

Am I wrong?
>>
>>129035252
>Zones that are battle leveled like Wrothgar and Cyrodiil now spawn material nodes appropriate to your character's related crafting skill.
god damn I had no idea, on one hand I'm glad to hear that, on another though farming top level mats in Cyrod probably could have been lucrative if I'd gotten around to finding a guild with a trader. Though now, maybe the mats I banked earlier will be worth more.
>>
>>129039187
I'm actually envious of xbone players, I've heard sellers in trade district actually call out on proximity chat like street stall salesmen? that sounds comfy as fuck.
>>
>>129049481
You're not wrong, but if you're in heavy armor and trying to DPS, you're losing damage due to not using medium armor.

It's not a significant loss in the long run due to champion points, but until you have enough, you'll be at a disadvantage.

I'm not saying you shouldn't wear heavy armor if you just want to have heavy armor. That's perfectly fine and you'll still be able to do anything DPS-wise, but you'll be losing DPS if you're trying to min/max.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.