[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/emugen/ - Emulation General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87
File: hyperkin-smart-boy.jpg (39 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
hyperkin-smart-boy.jpg
39 KB, 1200x600
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.
>>
First for DRM'd emulators
>>
>>146067443
Piracy loses out when the effort required is too much. Its why piracy of closed systems is very low or virtually non existent. I don't see a lot of people pirating iOS and PS4 software, do you?
>>
To the cockroach BSD fag in here talking about his 'trade secrets', 'illegal piracy' and all this bullshit:

""Can't keep your trade secrets secret"

Oh you mean those 'trade secrets' you violated in the first place by making this emulator in the first place, with your oh-so-clean-room-reversing?

You are quite the hypocrite.

"can't include closed source DRM to protect your software from illegal piracy."

You do realize the software in this case has as its sole purpose 'illegal piracy', right?

I see another narcissistic piece of shit trying to defend his scumbaggery and thinking that just because Nintendo/Sony hasn't sued his ass yet, that what he is doing is 'legal'.

There are many reasons why emulators should remain non-commercial, one of them is that you don't want to invite the wrath of the powers that be in this industry to invite a closer look at your emulators and how 'legal' it actually is. I will tell you upfront you won't survive a thorough audit/examination at all, companies aren't stupid and they can spot an IDA dump/verilog-to-C dump from a mile away. Stop acting stupid and coy."
>>
>>146067732
>To the cockroach BSD fag in here talking about his 'trade secrets', 'illegal piracy' and all this bullshit:
I'm the BSD fag but I didn't make the post about trade secrets or DRM

>Oh you mean those 'trade secrets' you violated in the first place by making this emulator in the first place, with your oh-so-clean-room-reversing?
Reverse engineering is usually fair game. Please educate yourself.

>You do realize the software in this case has as its sole purpose 'illegal piracy', right?
Haven't companies used emulators to sell games they own the right to? I seem to remember someone using a commercially licensed version of an emulator to sell a game on Steam or something. That seems like a perfectly reasonable use to me.

>you don't want to invite the wrath of the powers that be in this industry to invite a closer look at your emulators and how 'legal' it actually is
Clean room emulators are legal. Creating software to mimic hardware is legal. Using roms you don't own is not in most places. I don't know who you think I am but I've never written an emulator or anything else using 'dirty' information.
>>
>>146067732
Protip: that post was bait
>>
>>146068227
It didn't taste very good and your line broke.
>>
>>146068224
>>You do realize the software in this case has as its sole purpose 'illegal piracy', right?
>Haven't companies used emulators to sell games they own the right to? I seem to remember someone using a commercially licensed version of an emulator to sell a game on Steam or something. That seems like a perfectly reasonable use to me.

Not to mention people creating hardware kits that can run original cartridges, ROMs, etc.
>>
>>146068369

They own the rights to those games, you don't.

You are a pathetic loser in your basement that thinks he is entitled money over intellectual copyright theft, they are a legit company with actual licenses and intellectual property rights.

I know narcissism is all the rage these days, but honestly, humble emudev, it is not working for you. When Paypal can shut your 'donation efforts' down at the drop of a hat and you have no recourse, you really are not all that' legit' yet. Better humble yourself up and stop pretending you have suddenly become an 'entrepreneur' lording over a new viable business model when it ain't. If it were, Apple Store, Blackberry World, Paypal and others would all be 'humoring' you like Google would right now, and they don't.
>>
File: 1462618165941.jpg (73 KB, 800x751) Image search: [Google]
1462618165941.jpg
73 KB, 800x751
>all this posting about FF
>tfw I can ignore it because jrpgs are fucking trash and I would never play them anyway
>>
Bystander fag here, what do I do if I think you're all retarded pieces of shit?
>>
>>146068525
I get the feeling you think I'm someone I'm not.

>They own the rights to those games, you don't
And yet a purely non-commercial GPL-only emulator wouldn't let them use the emulator for selling the game(s) they own. I don't see what the point of your argument here is at all.

>Better humble yourself up and stop pretending you have suddenly become an 'entrepreneur' lording over a new viable business model when it ain't
People who have created emulators and have a platform to sell them are doing pretty well. I don't see anything wrong with the epsxse or drastic devs. At the end of the day, whether or not piracy falls into the equation depends on if the people using the emulator don't own the roms in the first place. I agree no one manually dumps roms but I'm sure a lot of the people who grab an emulator to play some pokemon or something do so mostly because they owned the games when they were younger and want a kick of nostalgia. Nothing wrong with that.

There are also lots of other spaces where people don't get involved because of the GPL and its viral cancer. I'd pay someone like $10-20 for a good RetroArch gui for example. I think RA's internals are great but from a user experience pov its fucking trash.

Way more people would try something like that if RA was BSD or permissively licensed instead and that would add genuine value.
>>
>>146068525
Your arguments are self defeating. If emulators are only used to facilitate piracy they shouldn't exist at all, noncommercial license or not.
>>
>>146069000
>I agree no one manually dumps roms but I'm sure a lot of the people who grab an emulator to play some pokemon or something do so mostly because they owned the games when they were younger and want a kick of nostalgia. Nothing wrong with that.

Yes there is, it's called piracy and the epsxe / drastic dev is profiteering from it.

Look at the terms of service of Paypal/Google/Apple/any service. This is specifically outlawed. Just because you haven't been caught yet does not mean you are currently operating in the right. You definitely are not 'legal', you are employing a loophole.
>>
>>146069102

Nope, mods that are done with no profit motive are usually allowed by game companies.As soon as you try to profit off it, things become different and companies are within their full right to shut you down to protect their IP. It has happened to several mods that thought they were getting too 'smart' for their own shoes.

It has been the same for emulation.

You honestly don't get how things work in the real world and your narcissism and greed prevents you from doing just that.
>>
>>146069169
Haven't court cases on PSX emulation specifically ruled that hardware emulation is not piracy, only distributing the software/games is?
>>
>>146069000
>There are also lots of other spaces where people don't get involved because of the GPL and its viral cancer. I'd pay someone like $10-20 for a good RetroArch gui for example. I think RA's internals are great but from a user experience pov its fucking trash.
>Way more people would try something like that if RA was BSD or permissively licensed instead and that would add genuine value.

And that is exactly why RetroArch will never become 'permissively licensed', they do not want some scumbag taking RA, making some '2kool4school' tripe around it, put it behind a paywall and then sell it and lock up the changes.

You seem to think everybody is a sucker.
>>
File: 1466142599054.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466142599054.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
>>146068665
That was a silly argument that would never have existed in the first place had the guy(s) who started it researched the topic for 2 minutes.
>>
>>146069351

Those court cases were a sideshow attraction, they didn't prove shit.

And the end result was still that bleem was bankrupted and VGS was bought by Sony. Get over it by now, you are not going to win this argument because the thing you routinely hold up did not set any precedents.

As ever in a piracy haven composed of mostly thieves, people try to skew the facts to fit their narrative. You say there was a victory for legitimicacy won there, enough people repeat it, that then becomes 'accepted fact', when in fact it isn't.

The same with this argument that 'emulation is completely legal' yet 99% of the emulators out there are two hairs away from incorporating official Nintendo/SGI/some other big conglomerate-copyrighted sourcecode. These 'myths' are about as convincing as 'you can download the game and legally play it if you remove it within 24 hours'.
>>
>>146069351
yes, remember bleem

>>146069426
>they do not want some scumbag taking RA, making some '2kool4school' tripe around it, put it behind a paywall and then sell it and lock up the changes.

Why does this make you a scumbag? It adds utility and improves a piece of software. Why is it wrong to charge for that?
>>
>>146069547
>special case that I didn't know could even exist and that I haven't even noticed before someone told me about it
>improved background of the PSX are the PC ones darkened and blurred
>those two minor difference are somehow the worst thing to ever happen in a port
Anon plz you're still just as full of shit as earlier today, if you want to complain abvout bad FF ports take a good long look at FF5/6.
>>
>>146069620
>>they do not want some scumbag taking RA, making some '2kool4school' tripe around it, put it behind a paywall and then sell it and lock up the changes.
>Why does this make you a scumbag? Why is it wrong to charge for that?

Because you don't contribute source back in the process and you erect a paywall around it.

> It adds utility and improves a piece of software.

That is not enough. Source must be contributed back or else we are back to square one. Others put in most of the hard work, you did some chump change stuff and you think you are entitled to make money off it AND not give anything back. No, it doesn't work that way for GPL-licensed software. Fuck off. If you want that, stick to BSD/MIT/whatever.
>>
>>146070073
>Because you don't contribute source back in the process and you erect a paywall around it.
I (theoretically) don't contribute source back because I want to be paid for my effort, not because I have a problem with making my source available

>you did some chump change stuff
Sure and I want the chump change. Alternatively if you feel its useless, don't pay for it or pirate it

>No, it doesn't work that way for GPL-licensed software. Fuck off. If you want that, stick to BSD/MIT/whatever.
Yeah thats the crux of the argument. The GPL is cancer.
>>
>>146069616
>And the end result was still that bleem was bankrupted and VGS was bought by Sony. Get over it by now, you are not going to win this argument because the thing you routinely hold up did not set any precedents.
Okay, what impact does that have on the legal precedent set by the case?
>>
File: Hold2.jpg (765 KB, 1431x1000) Image search: [Google]
Hold2.jpg
765 KB, 1431x1000
I believe I have found the best way to hold this set up

now if only my hands weren't currently injured and going numb after playing in this position for a while

Also hard to get a picture without a third hand
>>
>>146068770
https://xkcd.com/774/
>>
>>146069968
Not much wrong with those ports other than the mobile UI and botched music loop. The new sprites are subjective. God awful.
>>
>>146071096
>The new sprites are subjective.
Those in 6 I'd agree, the enemy sprites aren't even that bad if you can stand the smoothed look.

The field ones from 5 look worse than something from an RPG maker default tileset.
>>
Trans lives matter

RIP Rachel
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4orhc3/dolphin_adds_usage_statistics_reporting_in_an/d4fdn8h?context=3
>>
>>146067364
Ah yes.

Two action buttons, a dpad, and two auxillary buttons.
What more could you need for elegant gaming?
>>
You fags really knocked the shitposting up quite a few levels for this thread.
>>
>>146071887
>Post title
What's wrong, scared of letting the NSA in?

>Linked comment
Glad to see the defense force is out on patrol.
I personally don't use Dolphin, but I know a black guy, and I can imagine something seemingly obvious (and probably long running) hasn't been fixed yet.

Two sides to the fence though: seemingly entitled end users who only want the best or developer white knights who actually know nothing.
>>
So how is that Wii U emulation coming? Can I play Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles X on my pc yet?
>>
>>146073626
If you donate to his Patreon... maybe.
>>
>>146069616
i'm morally with you anon, but jesus christ you're an autistic retard.
seriously -- shut the fuck up. Leave legal matters to those who've actually studied law.
you do not know what you're talking about.
thanks,
everyone.
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-174818.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-174818.png
1 MB, 1280x960
>>146073315
We need shitfilters to match the shitposting. Post 'em.
>>
What is the best CRT shader?
>>
>>146073728

The legal system is a scam, it's just how lawyers play it.

If you don't understand this you are the actual retard.

The 'law' is about one thing and one thing alone, money. And money can change whatever the law is at every turn.
>>
>>146070431

It's happy cancer then since it keeps useless garbage people like you out that would otherwise want to abuse said software and fork it off and give nothing back in return.

In fact, you just airing these thoughts ensured that RetroArch will never, ever become BSD/MIT. Because if this is the mentality that comes with BSD heads, then fuck you all, I will side willingly with the 'cancer' instead then. At least cancer is viral and contagious and has a way of erasing you.
>>
>>146073943
CRT Geom, Hyllian and Lottes at or below 1080p, Royale above 1080p. Downsampling is placebo and just messes with integer scaling. Don't bother with downsampled Royale.

You can also combine most of them for various effects. For instance, CRT Lottes has the best bloom, and you can use this with any of the other CRT shaders by having Lottes as an earlier shader pass and by setting hardScan to -4 and shadowMask to 0.
>>
>>146070431

"Sure and I want the chump change. Alternatively if you feel its useless, don't pay for it or pirate it"

Except you don't get the right to engage in your scumbaggery ways with the GPL and not contribute anything back, which is why we use it. We know there are always going to be nefarious pieces of shit out there in society that would willingly try to ruin any good idea just to be a contrarian, GPL is a good balance against that kind of scumbaggery.

> Alternatively if you feel its useless, don't pay for it or pirate it

Ah, but previously you alluded you wanted the BSD license so you could add some DRM around it so we could not 'pirate it' anymore, so this is basically as convincing a cop-out argument as 'don't like it? don't watch it'. It doesn't work that way, little boy, sorry that you don't get to steal candy from a store and then you don't get a blank check by the candy owner to sell the candy off as your own with nothing being provided back in return. Back to school like the good little boy you are where you can learn somethign about morals and ethics.
>>
>>146070605

There was no legal precedent set. That was the part where you were talking out of your ass, that was the 'myth'.

Not even the GPL has been successfully defended in court, most of the cases have been settled out of court with huge settlement fees going to the FSF. That does not magically validate your license, and niether was any kind of thing 'won' for emulation in general. You are pulling facts out of your ass.
>>
>>146074452
Why are you constantly talking about Retroarch when the discussion was about payware emulators and nobody was even mentioning that emulator frontend?
>>
File: 1450083325952.jpg (3 MB, 2691x2016) Image search: [Google]
1450083325952.jpg
3 MB, 2691x2016
>>146073943
What is the worst CRT shader?
>>
>>146075179

You're a liar.

>> 146069000

"Way more people would try something like that if RA was BSD or permissively licensed instead and that would add genuine value."
>>
>>146075305
CRT-Royale at sub-4k resolutions
>>
>>146074452
It's happy cancer then since it keeps useless garbage people like you out that would otherwise want to abuse said software and fork it off and give nothing back in return.
First you say its useless then you say you want the contrib back. If its useless, why would you care? It seems like your underlying problem is you don't want people to use RA in any capacity to make money.

>>146074726
>Ah, but previously you alluded you wanted the BSD license so you could add some DRM around it so we could not 'pirate it' anymore, so this is basically as convincing a cop-out argument as 'don't like it?

You're confused. The only thing I alluded to was value adds like a good GUI for RetroArch. I'm not the one advocating for DRM, but if someone wants to add that then so be it. I doubt anyone adding DRM to an open source permissively licensed code base would get very far, unless what they added outside of the DRM had significant value, in which case more power to them.

>It doesn't work that way, little boy, sorry that you don't get to steal candy from a store and then you don't get a blank check by the candy owner to sell the candy off as your own with nothing being provided back in return
Oh okay, so you don't understand the difference between tangible and digital content. Maybe you should go back to school famlee
>>
>>146075587
>It seems like your underlying problem is you don't want people to use RA in any capacity to make money.

Except the GPL would allow somebody the ability to do that. HOWEVER, what it doesn't give you is the right to have your cake and eat it too. When you distribute binaries of your modded RA then, you have to provide your changes back. That is only fair, and anybody who wants to argue against that basic principle, should not be taken seriously and should be laughed out of the room so you know your place again in society (nowhere).

Don't ask me to be a useful sucker for your insincere motives. I have to say, you are being a terrible spokesperson for BSD/MIT right now if by 'permissive' you mean 'being able to package up other people's shit and not give them anything back in return', otherwise you'd have no issue with the GPL as-is. I have the feeling you are a corporate shill that probably is licking every executive's ass in the hopes they will ever make you anything more than a middle manager. Sucks to be you son.
>>
File: Portable emulation smaller.jpg (932 KB, 1920x2203) Image search: [Google]
Portable emulation smaller.jpg
932 KB, 1920x2203
>>146067364
Sup OP. The phone actually has a dead display and I would still be using it if it was ok. Clip + PS3 controller + short USB + spare batteries + smartphone is pretty comfy. It'd be nice if there was a high performance phone with a 1080p display, OnePlus comes to mind. On that note, do recent SoCs fare well with stuff like PPSSPP? I tried running the final boss on Ys Felghana and it slowed down too much with a few enhancements.
>>
>>146076667
Can't fit that into your pocket though
>>
>>146076667
>It'd be nice if there was a high performance phone with a 1080p display,

It's called a laptop.
>>
>>146076667
The Start/Select/PS button look hard to press, but otherwise this seems fine.
>>
>>146076919
Fatty.
>>
>>146076762
Unfortunately. Here's hoping better tactile feedback comes with emerging touch tech.
>>
>>146077061
You'd need fucking toothpicks for fingers.
>>
File: bkub_cool.jpg (10 KB, 200x155) Image search: [Google]
bkub_cool.jpg
10 KB, 200x155
>mfw its front page on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/gadgets/comments/4oxnae/addon_brings_game_boy_cartridges_to_your_android/

hahahaha
>>
>>146078605
Found the reddit user
>>
>>146078673
>Found the reddit sub mod
FTFY
>>
>>146078605
>>146078673
>>146079026
Why can't you fags stay quiet about your shitty site? Fuck off mang
>>
>>146067364
>>146078605
>newsflash: hyperkin is shilling their new piece of shit everywhere

Wow, that's amazing, hyperkin sh...anon, thanks for the update.
>>
>>146067732
>>146068525
>>146069426
>>146074452
Take your meds and go to bed Daniel
>>
File: The Future Of Emulation.png (731 KB, 846x1943) Image search: [Google]
The Future Of Emulation.png
731 KB, 846x1943
>>146069000
> I'd pay someone like $10-20 for a good RetroArch gui for example
>>
>>146080468
>paying 10-20 bucks for fucking WIMP
>Why the fuck doesn't RetroArch just use fucking WIMP why does it have to be fucking stupid and overcomplicated
>>
>>146080776
>Why the fuck doesn't RetroArch just use fucking WIMP

Portability
>>
>>146077343
F A T T Y
A
T
T
Y
>>
>>146067497
>>146067670
GBE 1.0 is out
https://github.com/shonumi/gbe-plus/releases/tag/1.0
>>
>>146078605

And all the feedback is negative.

But then this is a shitty company that doesn't care about having a good reputation anyway.
>>
>>146081441
>this fucking guy
https://github.com/shonumi/gbe-plus/issues/33
Waifu2x absolutely unusable in any realtime scenario, right?
>>
>>146082016
No, it's actually pretty fast.
>>
>>146079994
Who is Daniel?
>>
File: 1466142345572.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466142345572.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
>>146082016
Why would you ever want to use a shitfilter like that?
>>
>>146082782

The Mad Dutchman.

>>146081456
>>146078605

They're going to make millions at least in the short term. A nice little scam. Profit off of the hard work of game and emu devs.
>>
>>146082175
>No, it's actually pretty fast.
What is actually pretty fast?
Needs to be like 10ms or less per image to be of any use for realtime stuff.
>>
>>146082816
My wife and two kids like it
>>
>>146083180
I don't care what your wife's sons like. It's eye cancer.
>>
Is there a PSP emu that will let me play Patapon3 multiplayer?
I just want to arch all items.
>>
Why is RetroArch Wii so shit?

>still no resolution saving
>controls constantly sticking
>crashes when saving or loading savestates
>arcade cores are basically useless as they can't load anything

And yet it's the only option for 240p emulation on a CRT TV. Or am I missing something?
>>
>>146083663
RA isn't even that good.
>>
>>146083663
Pretty sure all that is fixed now.
>>
>>146084215
Nope. All these issues are on the latest build, 1.34, and they've existed for at least 2 years now.
>>
>>146075305
crt royale
>>
>>146082910

what makes you think some mediocre ugly as fuck game boy shell around an iphone is going to make millions?

god youre so fucking delusional. you have no concept of what actually is popular.
>>
>>146085146
>what makes you think some mediocre ugly as fuck game boy shell around an iphone is going to make millions?

1. Nostalgia
2. Rich millenials with money to blow

Retron made them millions already, remember.
>>
>>146084291
Well fix it yourself then Mr. Opensores
>>
So, is that portalroms site really safe? The place it sends you to to download things seems pretty bad.
>>
>>146085767

"Retron made them millions already, remember."

No it didn't, and you have no evidence to prove it did.

Stop being an annoying little shit, honestly. Nobody cares.
>>
>>146085767
>2. Rich millenials with money to blow

Yeah, rich millennials who surely are stupid enough to want to fork out $60 on some ugly-ass looking contraption that makes their iphone fatter and allows them to play Game Boy games IF they can find the original cartridges for it.

I'm sure it will be a smashing success I am sure.
>>
>>146086084
Oh, and it don't even download the game, it downloads torrents. Why is this on the wiki?
>>
>>146086310
Never underestimate how dumb normies are. Reddit is for paid emulation, so surely Chad and Jessica will shell out $60 because the Game Boy was like sooooooo cool back when we were kids! Remember Pokemon? Who else used to reset the game over and over until Oak offered Charmander as the starter because he was the best????
>>
>>146086659
Oh, dude. You know Chad and Jessica?
>>
>>146086659

If you think people today can be arsed to go scavenger hunting for old dusty bitrotting cartridges, and you think you can turn this into a fashionable trend, I have a bridge I'd want to sell you.
>>
>>146086963
Where is this bridge located, and does it come with a troll toll?
>>
>>146086963
Yeah, the Retro Bubble just inflated by itself. Can't argue with the facts, man.
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-204929.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-204929.png
1 MB, 1280x960
The menu in FF7 is nothing short of art.
>>
>>146070773

Smugly linking to the latest tired horseshit spewed out of Randal Munroe's sad ass went out of stile approximately five years ago, champ. It's no longer considered witty, thought-provoking, or insightful.
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-205605.png (166 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-205605.png
166 KB, 1280x960
>>146087719

Step it up.
>>
>>146088229
This pleases me
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-205742.png (227 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-205742.png
227 KB, 1280x960
>>146088319

I aim to please.
>>
>>146086659

That is not a never has been how choosing starters work. I know this despite not having touched a game since Gen. II.

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>146088506
Cliffy B's wife once tweeted that she used to reset Pokemon until Oak offered her Charmander because it was the best Pokemon. Unironically. She also prides herself as being a gamer :)
>>
>>146088428
>epsxe.png
>>
>>146088428
>>146088229
>>146087719

I want this as an option in frankenbeetle.

Fuck all that other junk. Clearly, THIS is what PSX enhancement was leading up to.
>>
>>146088672

I have no clue who the fuck Cliffy B is. Nor do I care. His wife is equally unknown to me, but might be worth rubbing one out too (I'll have to get a pic first). Thus, her only value to me is the vague chance of sexual gratification.

That's not actually a very high standard of value at all.
>>
>>146089008
Cliffy B was the head of Epic Games when they made Unreal, all the way through Gears of War.
>>
>>146089328

Oh, OK. So long after the FPS genre had become smothered in "the biggest graphics-tech penis" monster that John Carmack set loose with Quake.

...You know what? I prolly just should've said "That was after my time, kid.". That is how deadpan snark works in these halls of the weaboo damned, right?
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-211326.png (135 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-211326.png
135 KB, 1280x960
>>146088751

Be careful what you wish for.
>>
>>146089680
Lara has never been so hot. If I was 12, I would dry hump my monitor.
>>
>>146074718
What do you think of Easymode?
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-211134.png (248 KB, 1275x956) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-211134.png
248 KB, 1275x956
Je suis Orlando
>>
>>146090017
puraystation
>>
>>146070431

>GPL is cancer because I cant rename and sell a fork!

Heres your (You)
>>
>>146083150
If you have powerful enough hardware, then yeah it's that fast.
>>
>>146084291
No, really certain resolution saving was fixed, that's probably a configuration issue on your end

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/a2851ab70b42021c49b24f5cb3215a0c8d08c1fd

Control sticking was only with a certain version of classic controller.

Savestates crashing was a SNES9X issue when compiling with -O3, the savestate functions in that emulator are prone to breaking with compiler optimizations.

Arcade cores are RAM intensive so some games can't load because they're too big to fit in Wii RAM. That's why FBAlpha cores with only Neo Geo and only CPS2/CPS3 exist.
>>
>>146083663
There are old ATI cards that can output 15kHz s-video or something.

You could also just get something with VGA and output to a CRT monitor with black frame insertion or that one shader that fakes 240p output pretty well.
>>
>>146093596
>There are old ATI cards that can output 15kHz s-video or something.
No there aren't

>You could also just get something with VGA and output to a CRT monitor with black frame insertion or that one shader that fakes 240p output pretty well.
Please, at least TRY to sound like you know what you're talking about.
>>
File: WE WUZ LEGO.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ LEGO.png
1 MB, 1280x960
>ayo who you calling a nig
This line will be cut from the remake.
>>
>>146093818
Nice shitpost, my man
>>
>>146093818
Disinfo anon is that you?

There are definitely ATI cards that do 15KHz output, some not even that old (CRT_emudriver supports HD7000 series now).

240p does indeed work on PC CRTs at 120Hz, though the output is more like a pro monitor than a standard TV.
>>
Shit, when will ps3 only titles be emulatable?
>>
>>146096250
>ps3 only titles

Such a thing exists?
>>
When was the last time the citra compatibility list was updated? Just wondering since I'm reading it now.
>>
<mudlord> should i unblock mooch or am i doing the same disservice as unblocking 4ch if i do

Opinions?
>>
>>146096725
This joke doesn't work. The PS3 had a massive library of exclusives. Mostly obscure JRPGs, but a shit load of them.
>>
>>146094332

CRT Shaders have what looks like issues of nearest neighbor upscaling with 3D. Cloud looks so weird in the background there. I swear this wasn't an issue with real CRTs. Was I just not able to see it? Are the shaders just not able to replicate the native res look?
>>
>>146097002
Thanks for backing me up, Anon.
>>
>>146096887
Everyone should block mooch
>>
>>146096250
>ps3 only titles

Wouldn't they emulate exactly the same as multi-platform titles? I don't understand why you would make the distinction.
>>
>>146094961
>>146095121
In no particular order:

VGA to a CRT TV with black frame insertion doesn't do a goddamn thing that's beneficial. BFI is used on 120hz monitors to get CRT like motion. If you tried to use it on a CRT TV that outputs 60hz, your game is going to run at half the speed while the screen turns completely black every second frame.

>240p does indeed work on PC CRTs at 120Hz, though the output is more like a pro monitor than a standard TV.
Cool, doesn't stop the fact that the anon was asking about CRT TVs where BFI doesn't matter

S-Video ports on old ATI cards (and every card ever) output 800 x 600 compressed to a 480i signal. If you are okay with this, you might actually be blind, because it will look worse than real hardware in every single situation. The SNES doesn't render 800 x 600 compressed to 480i. It renders 512x224 output to 240p. The NES doesn't render 800 x 600 compressed to 480i. It renders 512x240 output to 240p

That "one shader that fakes 240p output" fakes 240p for VGA CRT PC monitors. You know, the CRTs that display a 31khz signal? Is that the one you meant? The one that's not beneficial to someone specifically requesting help with a CRT TV?

Now, I'll admit I mis-read "There are old ATI cards that can output 15kHz s-video or something" thinking that you wrote "There are old ATI cards that can output 240p s-video or something.", but that doesn't change the fact that the S-Video port is worthless to anybody who has eyeballs. It's a major downgrade from a Wii that natively does 240p.

If you want to output 240p from a PC to a CRT TV, you need extra hardware that'll convert a 31khz VGA signal to a usable 15khz signal. There is no way around this.

Come here for more details about connecting a PC to a CRT TV and why that S-Video port on old ATI cards doesn't matter:

https://filthypants.blogspot.com/2014/03/tvs-and-retro-gaming-emulation.html

Or is this just more disinfo????
>>
>>146097303
I'm not much into emulation community, so I don't actually know how it works.
But given the fact that some PS2 games simply can't be emulated, I think that the efforts should be focused on ps3 exclusives rather than the multi-plataform ones.
>>
>>146097223
It looks like that because there's 2 composite passes as well as 2x native res affecting the model. Vanilla Hyllian should have the look you're thinking of.
>>
>>146083367
ehh. It's decent.
>>
>>146097265
fuck you man

- mooch
>>
>>146040571
bump
>>
>>146098039
Do you have DX9 installed?
>>
Anyone know how to get dolphin working with 4 gameboy advances to play 4swords?
I followed the guide on the dolphin wiki for using VBA-M but it didn't work. Anyone got any confirmed set ups?
>>
How are people testing things with citra if it can't use .cia files but there aren't anything else? Or at least anything else I can find.
>>
>>146098323
.cia is an installable archive for the 3DS like .pkg for PS3 or .apk for Android.

.3ds is a straight ROM dump.

If you didn't already know this, you really, really need wait a few years before even trying to touch Citra
>>
>>146098074
Oh, I assumed all the versions were backwards compatible. Guess I'll try that. Thanks.
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-211002.png (286 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-211002.png
286 KB, 1280x960
>>
what's a decent pc emulator for the playstation 1?
>>
>>146100665
Lemme get this straight. You want an emulator that runs on the PS1 and emulates PC software??? Because that's what you said.
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-231945.png (184 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-231945.png
184 KB, 1280x960
>>146100665

Mednafen of course.
>>
>>146100845
yes.
>>
>>146101030
It doesn't exist, because the PS1 is too fucking slow for that. It's too slow to even emulate THE ORIGINAL IBM PC 5150. pls just emulate the pc on the pc with pcem.
>>
>>146101143
then why does the psx run Tomb Raider just fine?
>>
>>146101030

Oh I didn't understand that. Well I don't think there's one, you could probably write one for very old computer (you'll be severely limited by the amount of RAM though). Good be good enough to emulate Zork.
>>
>>146097372
>If you tried to use it on a CRT TV that outputs 60hz
How do you think you get 240p on a 30kHz monitor, retard?
>Cool, doesn't stop the fact that the anon was asking about CRT TVs where BFI doesn't matter
You are literally retarded

>S-Video ports on old ATI cards (and every card ever) output 800 x 600 compressed to a 480i signal.
Yeah, unless you use a custom driver, like the one everyone uses all the time for this
http://mame.3feetunder.com/windows-ati-crt-emudriver/

>everything else
You should really try actually reading >>146093596 before losing your shit over it dude.

I honestly believe you're not even spreading disinfo on purpose, you're just actually a dumbass.
>>
>>146101315
because tomb raider was originally developed for the PS1, and it's not emulating anything at all? Keep in mind, you're talking about using a 33 MHz processor to emulate an extremely complex 4.77 MHz system. You have less than 7 cycles to emulate one cycle of the guest machine. That's fucking impossible on something like the PS1..
>>
>>146101597
>because tomb raider was originally developed for the PS1,
Saturn
>>
>>146104117
Holy shit you're right, wtf
>>
>>146070697
Oh my god anon that looks painful...
Still, kinda cool.
>>
>>146104650
I have a case coming that will make it much easier

It'd be fine if my hands weren't currently fucked up as it is
>>
>>146080468
I'm poor and understand that sometimes you're just willing to pay for something.
You're all being gay as fuck about devs making money, and I fully understand the consequences and ramifications of the concept of paid emulators.
It's like those that flat out refuse to use/discuss Cemu because it's closed source and accepts donations, while ignoring that we get the same build one week later.
Plus Cemu is clearly closed source for a reason.
>>
>>146105056
>Plus Cemu is clearly closed source for a reason.

What would that reason be?
>>
>>146080468
Is this satire? Why do autismal people hate devs that profit from their work? Payware has never stopped the open source "community" from working hard.

>>146105056
It's closed source so you can't compile it yourself, if that's what you're thinking.

>>146105587
Probably contains stolen code, but my guess is as above, just so that you can't compile it without donating, since he has them release to the public on a week's delay.
>>
>>146105587
Built from leaked documentation.
>>
>>146105717
Cum leaked from your mothers vagina
>>
>>146105949
And then you slurped it up like the little faggot you are.
>>
>>146105717
>Built from leaked documentation.
prove it
>>
>>146106557
While nobody can prove anything, just know that cemu is advancing faster than UltraHLE did.
>>
>>146105680

You know I understand that there's a difference in point of view here but I'm really annoyed at this "why don't you want devs making" strawman.

You make a videogame, office app or whatever and you want to keep it closed source and sell it? Go on, why would I stop you.

Now you create an emulator a videogame console that's still being produced, very likely using other people's work to create it (and possibly illegally obtained docs) and then you decide to turn a profit from this. That's just scummy behaviour. That's like selling video game cracks or day0 vulnerabilities. Sure they require significant work to make, doesn't mean it's ethical to profit from them. If I write a bootleg Spotify client that removes the add and sell subscriptions to it for $1 a month I'm just being scummy. There's no difference here.

Now you can say that you don't care, I'm sure plenty of people don't care about that, but please stop saying that there's nothing ethically bad about it.

Personally I care because I write emulators and I don't really want to be put in the same bag as this cunt (and all the other cunts who do this).
>>
>>146106943

remove the ads*
>>
>>146106943
Nah I understand, entirely, I also disagree with selling software created with stolen docs. Not so much on a moral level, but of course I understand it's low.
However, if Cemu wasn't using leaked documentation, it'd still be emulating an existing product (are you a mame dev? just kidding), is that still an issue?

As for other developers such as yourself, I think everyone that matters can see the difference between a freelance emudev and a dev that charges 5 bucks on an app store.
>>
>>146106776
>While nobody can prove anything
That's only true if no one else has access to these "docs". If one person outside of the CEMU team has the docs, then it's possible to analyze CEMU's code and verify. It sounds silly to claim that CEMU dev used stolen docs, if there's no proof that these docs even exist.

>just know that cemu is advancing faster than UltraHLE did.
top kek

>>146106943
>Personally I care because I write emulators and I don't really want to be put in the same bag as this cunt (and all the other cunts who do this).
That's a silly reason to care.

>Now you create an emulator a videogame console that's still being produced, very likely using other people's work to create it (and possibly illegally obtained docs) and then you decide to turn a profit from this. That's just scummy behaviour.
Going by that logic, then it's scummy to release an emulator at all, for a console that's still being produced. Tbh senpai, I think making money off of donations is not the same as selling a product.
>>
>>146107871
>I think making money off of donations is not the same as selling a product.
I know legally speaking it's quite similar, but I agree, except that cemu restricts downloads to donors, which is essentially using the donation system as a method of payment for a product.
>>
>>146107374

>it'd still be emulating an existing product (are you a mame dev? just kidding), is that still an issue?

Yeah, IMO it is. You're clearly profiting from piracy and harming the original vendor. It's basically counterfeiting.

It's not proper competition either because Nintendo actually has to produce and market the console and games while you just leech onto that.

At least if you're doing it open source you can show that you're not doing anything illegal and that you're not directly profiting from it (like Citra does for instance). That's still a bit borderline but it doesn't bother me too much, especially since the 3DS already has got a long life and made Nintendo plenty of dough and Citra is not really close to be a general purpose 3DS emulator.

>>146107871

>Tbh senpai, I think making money off of donations is not the same as selling a product.

It shouldn't be, but the fact that they give early builds to donators sounds a lot like buying a subscription to a product instead of donating money for the sake of it. I wouldn't have any issue with the guy for receiving money for reverse-engineering the console and publishing his results (either as docs or source code). But that's not what is happening here. Didn't he even add some kind of DRM to those builds?

He's probably clever to do that too, when your main audience is people pirating games it must be hard to sell an emulator, donationware might be a better way to monetize it. People might not be ready to pay $20 for an emulator but they might be willing to setup a $1/month "donation" to get the builds early.
>>
File: Slidin' the Slopes.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Slidin' the Slopes.webm
3 MB, 640x480
Why is the e World so good?
>>
>>146108243
>except that cemu restricts downloads to donors, which is essentially using the donation system as a method of payment for a product.
Isn't it just that donors get builds 1 week early? Not saying I agree with it, but rather that it doesn't bother me that much. The only part that bothers me is the fact the he apparently uses DRM.

>>146108553
>Didn't he even add some kind of DRM to those builds?
Apparently so, which is basically the one thing I really have against them at this point. Ezcap did offer to give advice to the decaf devs, which I think is at least something nice.

>I wouldn't have any issue with the guy for receiving money for reverse-engineering the console and publishing his results (either as docs or source code).
I agree with your view. While I personally don't care too much about source code, I think the person should at least share something in return (other than the binary). Maybe someone should ask the CEMU dev(s) if they plan on releasing any documentation.
>>
>>146109341
>Why is the e World so good?
Because what other company digs up ancient source code for SNES games, enhances them tenfold, THEN adds in bonus content? It's all about minimizing the effort from devs now.
>>
>>146109623

Eh, yeah, we're in the era of "HD remasters", where people re-release their games 3 years later with slightly increased resolution and sell them almost at full price.

People seem to love that shit too.
>>
How much will I suffer if I try to play Skyward Sword with a keyboard/mouse?
>>
>>146109954
Don't even try. Use a Wiimote + Nunchuck.
>>
>>146109951
That rarely happens. There were just a few all at once because of late releases on the previous console generation, and lots of new people starting on the current generation.
>>
>>146109954
People didn't even enjoy it with the proper controls, what hope do you think you have?
>>
>>146110472

I think it's mainly because it's so easy to do these days. If you wanted to port a game from the PS1 to the PS2 (or N64 to GameCube or whatever) that required some actual work to do.

Now you basically change the target in your IDE and hit the build button. Super cheap to make I'm sure.
>>
>>146109954
I don't think you can do that anymore.
>>
>>146110582
>People didn't even enjoy it with the proper controls, what hope do you think you have?
I played it on a real Wii and thought the controls were fine. I saw the complains, I could relate to some, but most of the complaints I read were just outright wrong, or nitpicking for the sake of having more bad things to say because it's Zelda, and people love to shit on Zelda.

Then, I saw the Game Grumps play the Zelda game in Nintendoland. All Jon and Arin did was scream about "WHY COULDN'T SKYWARD SWORD CONTROL LIKE THIS???" and "IF SKYWARD SWORD PLAYED LIKE THIS, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE PERFECT ZELDA GAME".

Skyward Sword and the Nintendoland Zelda game control exactly the same when it comes to sword play.

I'm absolutely convinced at this point that the only people who claim that they didn't like Skyward Sword because of the controls played it for a grand total of five minutes, and that's IF they played it at all. There's like a million reasons to hate Skyward Sword. The controls wasn't one of them.
>>
>>146109341
Is that the Wii-U version that has all of the e-reader levels preloaded?
>>
Interesting. Write up about the different sync techs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/4p0q7a/lets_talk_about_vsync_freesync_gsync_adaptivesync/
>>
>>146110582
I actually went out and found a rare-ish non-TR(because -TR just did not work then) wiimotion+ wiimote when Squidward Sword launched and played it pirated with Dolphin (even though I have a softmodded Wii), and it was pretty good.
>>
>>146110991
I wasn't shitting on the controls, I'm saying actual Wii owners just say it's a bad game even if controls aren't an issue - then after that consideration, MAKING the controls an additional issue in emulation wouldn't do it any favors.
>>
>>146110991
>I'm absolutely convinced at this point that the only people who claim that they didn't like Skyward Sword because of the controls played it for a grand total of five minutes
That's literally how long I played so you're pretty spot on, but the motion plus had me pissed before even starting because apparently I held the controller wrong boot and couldn't even navigate the menus before rebooting the system.

On the other hand I don't generally go around hating on SS online when I've barely even touched it, there are better ways to spend an evening.
>>
>>146111247
Someone not too long ago uploaded a patch to restore the Wii U eShop content to the commercial rom, so I applied that as well as the no-voices patch.
>>
http://board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1025&start=20#p26884

>
Oh don't get me started on video. There was an ongoing redit thread about the 2nd stage in NES Castlevania, where some palettes have slightly purple bricks (like my finalized custom palette) and other palettes have straight red bricks. There were people on there swearing the bricks are supposed to be red because that's what their CRTs showed. I had to clue everyone in that some palettes are based on what CRTs show, and some are based on what's ACTUALLY coming out of the NES. In the latter's case, the bricks are supposed to be slightly purple.
>>
>>146112185

>I had to clue everyone in
>>
>>146112185

He's referring to this thread by the way

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4ko3s0/comparison_of_famicom_palettes_in_castlevania/

The great debate has spilled over onto other communities.
>>
>>146112345
I wonder if he got clued in on this

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4ko3s0/comparison_of_famicom_palettes_in_castlevania/d468318?context=3

>My PVM-20L5 with SMPTE C phosphors shows orange. Capture cards show orange. My PVM-1944Q shows orange. My consumer set (toshiba 27A42) shows orange. My Panasonic BT-H1390YN broadcast monitor shows orange. Unsaturated-V5 is wrong. I'm calibrated.
>>
File: AUtesTG.jpg (536 KB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
AUtesTG.jpg
536 KB, 3008x2000
>>146112645

I'm not sure what this guy is talking about, the two images in his photo look pretty different to me.

The big blocks in particular, they look orange on the left and red on the right.
>>
File: RetroArch-0619-212356.png (1 MB, 1317x1080) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0619-212356.png
1 MB, 1317x1080
>>
File: RetroArch-0619-213855.png (1 MB, 1317x1080) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0619-213855.png
1 MB, 1317x1080
>>
>>146113214
These look really dark.
>>
>>146113384
Shader and settings?
>>
File: RetroArch-0621-020341.png (14 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0621-020341.png
14 KB, 960x720
>>
>>146115581

simias?
>>
>>146116095

David?
>>
>>146116174

No. Just someone who wanted to ask you something. if you were simias.
>>
>>146116286

I'm sorry, I'll only answer to David.
>>
File: 1466455631876-vr.png (37 KB, 820x1392) Image search: [Google]
1466455631876-vr.png
37 KB, 820x1392
I asked /vr/, but I'll ask again here. I'm very new to NES ROM hacking and have a question. Why does fceux name table viewer show the same screen on top and bottom but give different addresses for the same location? Here is a picture to clarify what I'm talking about.
>>
>>146113970
http://hastebin.com/ehesiloyuj.cgp
>>
>>146116408

Oh. Then I apologize.
>>
>>146116727
http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/Mirroring
>>
>>146117015
ty
>>
>>146117041

Don't ask to ask anon, if you have a question go for it. I lurk this general almost daily anyway. Alternatively you can find me on IRC. <3
>>
>>146117051
OK, I'll definitely read into this more. Thanks anon.
>>
Love it or hate it, looks like Android TV will soon be a thing for small media center PCs and emulation boxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhhlwWp_kok
>>
Why is PCSX2 so fucking trash? There were only a handful of games I want to play on PS2 again. Of those only God of War works perfectly without bugs. Jak series has bad graphical glitches, Ratchet and Clank and Guitar Hero 1/2 runs like shit on my pretty good gaming PC.
>>
Got a question,

Humble bundle has neogeo games on it again, i passed them up the first time because i figured emulation was better, just want some confirmation so i can have peace of mind or spend the 10$ to get them all.
>>
File: 1464497701651.jpg (12 KB, 318x241) Image search: [Google]
1464497701651.jpg
12 KB, 318x241
>>146120561
Have you tried every combination and permutation of arbitrary slider settings and skipdraw values?
>>
>>146120561
It's not perfect but it's the best we got
>>
>>146098323
Decrypted games are on KAT and a Tor site.
>>
>>146117457

I was wondering, are you familiar enough with the frankenbeetle codebase?
>>
>>146120561
Play! will save us.
R-right?
>>
>>146123012
If more people got off their asses and helped, yes.
>>
http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5428&page=10&p=41376&viewfull=1#post41376

More proof that polling inputs later means less lag.
>>
>>146123637
More proof that settings are in dire need of documentation. I had no idea what the hell that setting was about.
>>
>>146124324
But they are documented

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/blob/master/retroarch.cfg#L367

But this is not talking about the poll type setting, this is about the main loop of the emulator itself polling inputs later instead of earlier.
>>
>>146119978
Just like Android has become "a thing" on laptops thanks to the Android-x86 project? Some Indian's broken port isn't exactly going to be a serious contender on HTPCs anytime soon.

>>146120881
Avoid dotemu
>>
>>146120881
It's literally just the roms in a shitty emulator in your browser. Of course just using a proper emu is better.
>>
>>146108553
I bought a Wii U and all all the games I've pirated I have purchased.
>>
So, what is the best N64 emulator?

Is PJ64 still ridden with malware?
>>
>>146128570
Mupen in retroarch for the single fact that it has no input lag.
>>
Madman trying RetroArch on a shitty old 1.33 GHz G4 iBook here. This thing's the fucking pits. My DS3 will not respond to inputs even though RetroArch apparently picks it up (works fine on my Macbook Pro), and it barely does not manage to run the Snes9x core full speed. Snes9x-Next runs better, but it refuses to run at full speed in either exclusive or windowed fullscreen, even though it runs just fine in windowed mode. Might have something to do with the fact that according to RA, the screen apparently runs at 60.234 Hz, which is weird as hell. Nestopia runs well in both fullscreen and windowed, which is nice. I won't even dare touch the Mednafen PSX core.

Overall, PPC hasn't aged well, it seems.
>>
>>146109954
is there actually a way to do this?
>>
>>146130656
Only on a shitty hacky old ass version of Dolphin. You don't want it.
>>
File: 618NL7+71OL._SL1200_[1].jpg (84 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
618NL7+71OL._SL1200_[1].jpg
84 KB, 1200x1000
Is this controller any good?
>>
>>146133137
Isn't that thing like 40 bucks? just buy a PS3 or PS4 controller instead
>>
>>146128773

I have noticed that iBooks are pitifully slow compard to Powerbooks released around the same timeframe.

The DS3 pad works on the PPC Macs I tried, it's thanks to the HID input driver that it even works since an input driver was obviously never written for it on PPC OSX.

Specs-wise, expect for your laptop iBook G4 to be somewhere inbetween a Gamecube and a Wii in terms of performance. Blitting will be much slower than on Gamecube/Wii so that factors into the performance.
>>
Is MAME still working on their internal web server nonsense? What ever happened to that?
>>
>>146123637
why do we need proof for something that obvious?
>>
>>146133137
Avoid anything that's clearly trying way too hard to capitalize on your nostalgia. They have less of an incentive for their actual product to be good if they know they have guaranteed business from that.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4oz1ve/whats_your_favorite_frontend_and_why/

oh god the cancer
>>
>>146133579
Where are they bottlenecked in comparison to Powerbooks, though? There's only a 300MHz difference between this iBook and the most powerful Powerbook released. The best Powerbooks did sport Radeon 9700 graphics, which is very nice, but still, is the difference that big?

That said, OSX Leopard does feel pretty sluggish on this thing. Even basic shitposting on 4chins feels laggy, using TenFourFox. Thinking of downgrading to Tiger.
>>
>>146134653
Fuck off ribbit.
>>
>>146120561
Never tried guitar hero in pcsx2. But ratchet and Jak did used the ps2 in ways most other ps2 games didn't, and pushed it harder than most other games. That and the ps2 is stupidly complex and difficult to emulate.
>>
>>146134653
Why do you CARE. This is not a thread about what other threads think, let alone what other threads on Reddit think.
>>
>>146134653
If you are doing to say dumb crap like this at least give people a reason to take your opinion seriously. I have faith that you can do more than be an obnoxious kid bitching about grammar all the time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4oz1ve/whats_your_favorite_frontend_and_why/d4hkuke
>>
>>146112185
>I had to clue everyone in that some palettes are based on what CRTs show, and some are based on what's ACTUALLY coming out of the NES. In the latter's case, the bricks are supposed to be slightly purple.

I'd love to see this guy travel back in time and go to Konami offices, and explain that they're wrong, the bricks are supposed to be purple even though everyone's tvs show reds.

Who cares what the stupid console outputs? What you actually see is what matters.
>>
>>146135829
I cant think of a better use of a time machine.
>>
>>146136123

Never ending rape. I can despoil bitches from any era of history and no one can stop me.
>>
>>146137429
Except the girls. You flabby nerd.
>>
>>146137696

Tasers are wonderful, aren't they?

I hear the effects don't stop immediately either. Why, you can jerk n' jive for thirty minutes to an hour after, not fully able to control your own muscle movements.

Not able to fight back.
>>
>>146137429
>>146138083
Be careful, you're going to hurt someone with that edge.
>>
>>146138185

>I know, I'll call him 'edgy'!
>That'll sure show him!

Truly, only the most premium of OC right here with this anon.
>>
>>146134265
You've never used an 8bitdo controller. The NES30 and the SFC/SNES30 are great.
That being said, the "Pro" variants like the one that guy showed are not worth it.
>>
>>146134653
>10 year old with a tripcode
>complaining about cancer

The irony hurts.
>>
File: file.png (240 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
file.png
240 KB, 400x366
>>146138083
>>
>>146140067
Please, don't engage with it, filter it.
>>
>>146138453
>I'm going to be edgy and no one can stop me!

lol k
>>
>>146140209
>>146140445

Mmmmmm, moar stale memes. Keep em' coming, sad little urchins.
>>
>>146140919
You sound younger than Moody FYI.
>>
>>146141069

And you sound like a faggot trying to talk around a fat load, what's your point?
>>
>>146140919
Sorry that your GBAtemp account got banned, but you should probably go to /b/ if you want memes.

Glad I could help, kiddo.
>>
>>146140919
Go to bed Minty
>>
>>146128570
>So, what is the best N64 emulator?
PJ64 is the best all-around, but it really depends on what you care about.

>Is PJ64 still ridden with malware?
If you get an outdated version from the website, yes. If you get the latest version from github or emucr, it has no malware.
>>
>>146141573
Why would you trust emucr?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.