[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/drg/ DanganRonpa General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 49
File: 37571696_big_p0.png (1 MB, 1563x1000) Image search: [Google]
37571696_big_p0.png
1 MB, 1563x1000
Don't forget them.
Use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!

Last thread >>121713909
reached image limit

>News
Danganronpa Another Episode Ultra Despair Girls released in the West
http://nisamerica.com/games/danganronpa-another-episode/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1BW8B1yeak

Danganronpa 3 Confirmed to be in Early Development
http://nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-3-is-in-development/

DR3 Teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff6L4OJMnNQ
Interviews with Danganronpa Writer and Creator Kazutaka Kodaka
http://nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-interview-with-writer-and-creator-kazutaka-kodaka/
https://archive.today/4MSAe

>FAQ
http://pastebin.com/MUdQJedT

>Downloads/Manga/Novels/Character Charts
http://pastebin.com/jnDM0DhR
>>
File: haijitowa.jpg (104 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
haijitowa.jpg
104 KB, 960x544
First for haiji did nothing wrong
>>
File: Nagisa_Shingetsu_(6).png (207 KB, 336x473) Image search: [Google]
Nagisa_Shingetsu_(6).png
207 KB, 336x473
First for A+ Best Boy
>>
File: pogostick.jpg (248 KB, 700x850) Image search: [Google]
pogostick.jpg
248 KB, 700x850
First for HOPE. Ahahaha
>>
>>122516860
t. alberto barbosa
>>
>>122516860
God dammit my friend and i always talk about a DR fighting game and you make the OP this. I'm going to be tormented until this thread dies
>>
File: 15106453.png (200 KB, 451x640) Image search: [Google]
15106453.png
200 KB, 451x640
>>122517426
Sorry about that. I needed an eye catching image. And I was kinda in a hurry since I have something to do in a bit.

>>122517331
Wait what?
>>
File: togami.png (896 KB, 650x850) Image search: [Google]
togami.png
896 KB, 650x850
Oh, Spike. Fukawa will never tap that.
>>
>>122517073
good taste
>>
File: YOU MUST NOT LOSE HOPE.gif (991 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
YOU MUST NOT LOSE HOPE.gif
991 KB, 400x266
>page 10 already
>>
File: Hope not Lost in Space.png (243 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
Hope not Lost in Space.png
243 KB, 480x280
Goodnight /drg/
See you tomorrow
>>
Byakuya 2 is way way WAY better than Byakuya 1
>>
>>122527467
Here's hoping for an even better Byakuya 3
>>
>>122530225

DR1 Byakuya Slimgami
DR2 Byakuya Fatogami
DR3 Byakuya Buffgami
>>
I don't understand Peko's motivation. If she knows that Monokuma is pretty much omnipresent on the island and could pretty much see through the whole "tool" ruse, wouldn't it be better to just fess up that she's the killer at the beginning? That way Fuyuhiko survives. I thought everything she did was basically for the sake of Fuyuhiko's survival. But by letting the class trial go on she risked a mistake and Fuyuhiko's life
>>
File: 1435954053629.png (107 KB, 950x1150) Image search: [Google]
1435954053629.png
107 KB, 950x1150
>>122531826
I mean if she went up and said she did it, that wouldn't make for a good chapter would it?
I can see where you're going, but from a game's standpoint this would be stupid and the only way they could pull it off is if someone killed her too during chapter 2
>>
>>122531826

Monokuma was betting on Fuyuhiko's desire to life, he wanted to see if he cared more about Peko, or cared more about his own ass.

Kinda like the Sakura trial, due to the fake letter, Asahina wanted to take everyone out with her, it was a matter of liking the other more than being alive.
>>
File: 44158465_p10.jpg (143 KB, 381x381) Image search: [Google]
44158465_p10.jpg
143 KB, 381x381
>>122531826
Because Peko believed that Fuyuhiko wanted Mahiru to die. She never saw herself as a her own person, just someone who Fuyuhiko could use to do his dirty work, so when she saw that he was going for the bat to kill Mahiru, she beat him to the punch and did it herself. Being pinned as a culprit was a high possibility, so in order to save his life she came up with her own plan to use as a decoy to save Fuyuhiko.

The crux of that case was for whether or not Fuyuhiko saw Peko as a tool or not, as Peko didn't really mind that she would die for him. He obviously saw differently right at the end; by acknowledging that Peko wasn't a tool, but someone that he cared for deeply is how he saved everyone in that case.
>>
>>122532408
but it's not really about Fuyuhiko at all. In the Sakura example, Sakura wasn't around to call Hina on her bullshit. The underlying thing is that Peko killed Mahiru, not under Fuyuhiko's orders or anything. Peko was essentially betting Fuyuhiko's (and everyone else's) life that Monokuma just wouldn't care about that. The safer bet for him is to just fess up at the beginning; she accomplished what she wanted to accomplish by preventing him from becoming the blackened. But she didn't do that for, as >>122532365 implies, gameplay purposes.
>>
>>122533364
but Peko wasn't acting as a tool and Fuyuhiko clearly never saw her as a tool. Monokuma even says after the case that the tool business was just an exciting diversion. She wanted to be his tool, but she never actually was, hence with them arguing after Mahiru dies.

Think of it this way: say Peko's plan works. What happens? Monokuma says nice try, but Peko's actually the killer. Then he executes everybody else, including Fuyuhiko. Surely this is not Peko's desired outcome.
>>
>>122533618
I just realized I'm a little bit off in my second sentence. I believe she didn't bring up the tool stuff until after everybody voted for her. So I guess maybe the "tool" stuff was just a hail mary to guarantee, in her mind, Fuyuhiko's safety. But that doesn't really explain the business of going through the class trial in the first place.
>>
>>122533365

I say its similar because both cases revolve around lovable chararecters being sudden cunts, additionally, its not about the killer, but the person who was the closest to them.

Its kinda like the self sacrifice trial, they dont care much about living, they are more like taking the whole base down, if Asahina or Fuyu got called the blackened, everyone who have been rekt.

I still wish i had to face off Togami and Asahina at the same in a MTB in the first game, Byakuya, not getting human emotions, actually teams up with Asahina "Its me austin moment"
>>
File: 44158465_p11.jpg (147 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
44158465_p11.jpg
147 KB, 380x380
>>122533618
>but Peko wasn't acting as a tool and Fuyuhiko clearly never saw her as a tool.
but she was. That was Peko's entire motivation. She never saw herself as anything other than something Fuyuhiko could use as a means to not dirty his hands. It wasn't until the confrontation after the voting happened did Fuyuhiko realized how much Peko meant to him. Forced with the realization on what she had done is what made them both tear up at the end.

>Think of it this way: say Peko's plan works. What happens? Monokuma says nice try, but Peko's actually the killer. Then he executes everybody else, including Fuyuhiko. Surely this is not Peko's desired outcome.

Well we don't really know Monokuma's really motive about that so I'm just reiterating what he said at that moment. As I mentioned, the entire crux was for whether or not Fuyuhiko saw Peko as a tool or not. If she was, then that means that Fuyuhiko really killed Mahiru and everybody voted Peko as the wrong culprit. If she wasn't, then it was Peko who killed Mahiru, and that meant that everybody's vote was right.
>>
>>122534341

If everybody died and the person leaves the island, then its a graduation ending, Alter Ego Junko gets out of the simulation inside 14 bodies.

It would have been extra bad for Chiaki.
>>
>>122534553
Well, this was something that only Junko knew. Actually letting Fuyuhiko graduating being a bad idea wasn't knowledge Peko, or any of the students would have been aware of.
>>
>>122534835

Well, we know.

And we both how extra bad he would have felt once the realised the truth, even worse if they shoved him back the machine and forcibly made Fuyuhiko back into a UDespair
>>
>>122534341
>but she was. That was Peko's entire motivation.
but she wasn't. She tried to get Fuyuhiko to say she was his tool but he wouldn't say it. He didn't order her to kill Mahiru, and he told her she shouldn't have done it after Mahiru died.
>It wasn't until the confrontation after the voting happened did Fuyuhiko realized how much Peko meant to him.
but this doesn't matter at all. Hajime even asks Monokuma after the voting whether the tool business mattered and Monokuma said he knew she wasn't a tool, he just wanted to watch everybody squirm around. What Fuyuhiko thought about Peko was irrelevant to the overall conclusion and would've changed nothing even if he pretended she was a tool.

I'm not convinced that he only just then realized what she meant to him BTW. It seemed more to me that he had reiterated to her many times that he'd rather she be normal than be a tool.

Honestly the whole Fuyuhiko thing is a slideshow. Peko didn't act under his orders in killing Mahiru, and she knows it's all a ruse. You can tell when she's essentially begging Fuyuhiko to just pretend that she's a tool at the end. My problem with this is she should know that Monokuma would be wise to this and she was essentially gambling with his life that Monokuma wouldn't care.
>>
>>122535241
slideshow? I mean side show, jesus fuckin christ. Wish I could blame autocorrect but yeah..
>>
>>122535241

Not that guy, but i get it, he gets it and even you get it.

But it would make it a lot more tragic if Monokuma considered abiding it, especially if you consider this >>122534935

What i said above would be a legit bad ending, kinda like a shitshow on steroids.
>>
>>122535485
I'm not entirely convinced Junko would/could abide it. I mean, we can all agree that Peko wasn't Fuyuhiko's tool right? By killing everybody else she's essentially breaking the rules because Fuyuhiko isn't actually the blackened. It's not like the Mukuro shit in DR1, AI Junko actually had to follow those rules. Plus, isn't Junko's endgame basically despair anyway? I mean yeah leaving with 14 new bodies is pretty sweet, but I imagine she was pretty pleased with Peko's execution
>>
>>122536103

I guess this is why Fuyuhiko's decision mattered, at least it is what i think, he could have acted that he didn cared, and Monokuma could simply say he wasnt the blackened and Peko would have died with heart broken or Monokuma could have killed everyone by using Fuyuhiko's feels, after all, it was pure BS feel power that allowed them to defeat Alter Ego Junko, i can at least accept Alter Ego Chihiro downloading Chiaki at last moment so could reppear at the end, but ending was bullshit.

Well, Junko could atleast tried to follow the rules, or interpret it in a different manner, thats purely dependent of the writer, but i got no answer with canon, only speculation.

But at least could have reused the starvation scenario to force a death match among the students if she was feeling in a hurry.
>>
File: 5332cda0A8gYHVZe_av.png (130 KB, 290x350) Image search: [Google]
5332cda0A8gYHVZe_av.png
130 KB, 290x350
>>122535241
Hey, once again i'm just reiterating how the story played out.

-Fuyuhiko and Mahiru got into a fight
-Peko say that Fuyuhiko was going for the bat to kill her
-To prevent Fuyuhiko from becoming a culprit, and getting executed, Peko killed Mahiru before he could instead
-Peko's plan proved to be successful, as everybody voted for her
-Peko then mentioned about how she was a tool to Fuyuhiko and not the true culprit, how she would gladly throw herself to save his life
-Monokuma wasn't sure about this new predicament, as he wanted everybody to die considering the rules and how they voted wrongly as such, so he then came up with the ultimatum for Fuyuhiko on whether or not Peko was a tool to him, or a person who carried out her own deeds
-Fuyuhiko wasn't sure at first, but then confessed that he saw her as a person, not a tool, which then lead to her execution.

Not really sure where you're getting at here, but it seemed to matter to Junko on what Fuyuhiko thought in the end.

If you have a problem with that, blame the writing, as Monokuma's motivation, as well as keeping up with his own rules does fluctuate a lot in the second game.
>>
File: 1442984147182.jpg (36 KB, 599x349) Image search: [Google]
1442984147182.jpg
36 KB, 599x349
I thought it was that Peko thought she had found a loophole. She thought that if she was considered to be a tool, she would technically not be the blackened. I don't even think Monokuma knew that that's what she was going for, which is why he was so entertained by the idea. So in Peko's mind, the plan works and Fuyuhiko is the sole survivor, or it doesn't work but since she's still the blackened, she did Fuyuhiko's bidding(killing Mahiru) and he still lives.
>>
Like to clarify what I meant, I don't think Fuyuhiko's decision to consider Peko a tool or not mattered at all. Because of the conversation that happened after the fact, Monokuma, while entertained by the idea, could not consider Fuyuhiko to be the true blackened.
>>
>>122536824

As this guy said >>122536789

The game is flawed, Komaeda even mindmolested Monokuma with his question towards multiple blackned, if Monokuma was aware and left that as a open space to force a deadlock so you vote on a single blackened, and leave other alive, therefore failing to point out the other one.

Like Komaeda hypotesis, 2 separate murders, 2 separate blackned, only one vote, you are fucked either way, i thing Monokuma designed the game like this so he could fuck everyone faster if they tried that way, but Komaeda speed blocked his plan.

>>122537105

Well, belive that Monokuma could have everyone killed, and he just pretended he couldn after all just to fuck with Fuyuhiko even futher.
>>
>>122537105
Well, it did matter to Monokuma, as he believed that Peko's argument about being a tool was sound. So he had to ask Fuyuhiko whether she was one or not.
>>
>>122537430
Well that was Chiaki who mentioned it. And yes Monokuma admitted there was essentially a flaw if there were simultaneous murders. That's why he said he would take steps to ensure that never happened. In the very unlikely event that there were 2 independent murders, Monokuma would just stop that from happening.
>>
>>122538081
Well, you got a point, but my thought is that Monokuma just placed intentional flaws and expected some of the charaters not to notice.

So basically what i am saying is
>Implying Monokuma wasnt just lying and actually wanted something like that to happen but it didn.
>>
>>122537430
>>122537479
I still don't think that's correct. I still think it didn't matter whether or not Fuyukuhio considered Peko a tool. He was entertained by the idea, and did give it some credit, but because Peko took the initiative on her own, it didn't count. Fuyuhiko never ordered Peko to do it. Fuyuhiko never said "Peko go kill Mahiru." Even if Fuyuhiko changed his mind after and decided to consider her a tool, because of the conversation that occurred after the fact, it was clear to Monokuma that at the time of the murder, Fuyuhiko did not consider her a tool, and did not expressly order her to do it.

So why did Monokuma want to know what Fuyuhiko thought? Because he' Monokuma, he's curious and he'd do anything to fuck with everyone and to make it more interesting.
>>
>>122538343
I doubt it was an intentional flaw. The flaw existed in the first game as well. I think it was more of just an unavoidable consequence, but given the low probability of simultaneous independent murders and the fact that there is constant surveillance to interfere with that, it was something that could be easily avoided.
>>
>>122539019

Well, Junko from DR1 one said Kirigiri that was planning to the truth to come out, so i guess she could be both expecting someone to notice the flaw, while hoping someone perform it.

I guess we have agree to disagree.
>>
>>122539248

I fucked up here, i meant Junko said to Kirigiri, that she was planning to the truth to come out, and students know of the tragedy bullshit.
>>
File: mukurosexy.png (864 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
mukurosexy.png
864 KB, 1920x1200
>>
>>122539918

Voided balls, Junko posted a image of her sister and suddenly everyone is gone to fap.
>>
File: ishimaru_see a man.png (154 KB, 296x352) Image search: [Google]
ishimaru_see a man.png
154 KB, 296x352
>>122543381
but nakky girls are gross
>>
>>122539758
Well she was planning for the truth to come out so they would give into despair. The whole point was to build up their hope of returning to a "normal" life after everything they'd endured, only to realize that the world was ruined and their determination had been for naught. To show them giving into despair was the plan because it was being broadcasted to the rest of the world that had hope still even after the events of the tragedy.
>>
File: 41380639_p1_master1200.jpg (68 KB, 642x573) Image search: [Google]
41380639_p1_master1200.jpg
68 KB, 642x573
>>122543620
But Mukuro is an Angel! One we must worship! Sieg Mukuro! Sieg Mukuro! Sieg Mukuro!
>>
>>122543641

Dicks are cocks and cocks are dicks.

I admit defeat, for i can no longer handle the banter.

>>122545843

Dont get near him, or else you will get the gays and lust after other women, dont wanna see you lifting Chihiro's skirt.
>>
>>122536789
>-To prevent Fuyuhiko from becoming a culprit, and getting executed, Peko killed Mahiru before he could instead
>-Peko's plan proved to be successful, as everybody voted for her
in-between these two points is the crux of my point. Basically, Peko would've been working more in Fuyuhiko's best interest if she fessed up immediately and there was no class trial.
>-Monokuma wasn't sure about this new predicament, as he wanted everybody to die considering the rules and how they voted wrongly as such, so he then came up with the ultimatum for Fuyuhiko on whether or not Peko was a tool to him, or a person who carried out her own deeds
No. There was 0% chance of anybody but Peko getting executed after the vote was done, regardless of what Fuyuhiko said. Monokuma says as much.
>>
>>122546170

Oh well, she could at least died as a sparkling justice, would liked to see Peko trying to speak spanish.

>Yo soy la Justicia Brillante!
>>
anybody ever realize the murder weapon for Hiyoko was never found
>>
>>122549732

Because nobody cared.
>>
>>122539918
Misleading filename
>>
File: Bully-kun gets cucked.png (125 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
Bully-kun gets cucked.png
125 KB, 480x280
My OTP right here.
>>
despair
>>
>>122551531
An abusive relationship of the likes have never been seen before.
>>
File: Luna_in_game.jpg (87 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Luna_in_game.jpg
87 KB, 960x544
For best AI!
>>
>>122565240
Chihiro, unlike Mikan, would just avoid her, don’t think it would get too far.
>>
/vg/ sure is fast this morning.
>>
can anybody post the similarities to the cases in 1 and 2 again? I've got

>1
a supposedly special person is killed at the very beginning
>2
?
>3
Two people are killed
>4
?
>5
Stupid bullshit happens and the case is conventionally unsolvable
>6
Final showdown with Junko
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 768x1024
>people claiming AE was a spinoff
>>
>>122582265
>1
Cant think of anything else besides what you said

>2
Serial killer possibility

>3
The who was killed first being important...kinda

>4
Suicide was brought up in Nekomaru's case

>5
Eh, I guess the trial being rigged could be this one

>6
Worst case in the games
>>
>>122582265
>>122584992
Both Case 4's revolved around rooms and how somebody could get inside a supposedly sealed off room.
>>
>>122584992
worst case in DR1 is 3 because Ultimate Fanfic Guy's motivation is shit to the point of him being fucking retarded.
>>
>>122582265
Case 1 had both victims stabbed in the stomach with a sharp object.

Case 2's victims were both hit in the head with a blunt object.
>>
>>122582265
>1
A potential main character is stabbed to death in an unexpected place
>2
a serial killer is blamed for a murder they didn't commit
>3
a double murder for a stupid motive
>4
room mystery
>5
the culprit is set up and the case is entirely bullshit
>6
EXPOSITION IT WAS JUNKO ALL ALONG
>>
File: 53543757_p0.png (643 KB, 900x842) Image search: [Google]
53543757_p0.png
643 KB, 900x842
>Danganronpa AE soundtrack is on Spotify
It's about time
>>
File: 44812512_p17.png (507 KB, 600x840) Image search: [Google]
44812512_p17.png
507 KB, 600x840
>>122589024
>He thinks love is a stupid motive
You sound like a loveless loser
>>
>>122593304
love for Junko is a stupid motive
>>
>>122589024
You can't just say "room mystery"
That's like saying "murder mystery" for the similarity, be more specific you twat.
Are you talking about final dead room? Where the murder took place? There was no final dead room ecquivalent in 1 and it wasn't a closed room murder in 2 because half the cast could go inside.
I bealive the similarity in the fourth chapter between the two games is" cornered' as a motivation; Ogami knew if she didn't kill herself another killing would begin in vain, same with Nidai and Tanaka. We've been over this..
>>
>>122595042
I thought it was sacrifice

Sakura kills herself so others won't have to die

Nidai and Gundham both knew what would happen if they were to kill each other, yet they still went through with it
>>
>>122597292
Thanks for rephrasing what I said.
>>
File: 1406403716078.jpg (30 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1406403716078.jpg
30 KB, 680x383
Reminder that this hot bitch almost got everyone killed and straight up confessed that it was her intention.
>>
File: 79lVAyO.png (220 KB, 352x330) Image search: [Google]
79lVAyO.png
220 KB, 352x330
>>122517630
>>
File: B5TPjHv.png (328 KB, 472x748) Image search: [Google]
B5TPjHv.png
328 KB, 472x748
>>122517630
>>122600661
What did they do, /drg/?

captcha gave me a picture of a whip
>>
File: ;).gif (227 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
;).gif
227 KB, 500x277
>>122601358
>>
>>122599949
>there are people that think she's best girl
>>
>>122599949
Also reminder she's the reason the plot went to shit since her everything after Sakuras death is silly.
>>
If you could wish anybody in danganronpa back with the dragonballs who would it be
>>
File: upside down.png (68 KB, 348x331) Image search: [Google]
upside down.png
68 KB, 348x331
>>122614219
The answer is always Ibuki.
But if you're talking about the first game, then I'd gladily choose Celestia Basedberg
>>
>>122614342
I dunno man. I haven't played in a while but I watched the first DR2 class trial on youtube a couple days ago and Ibuki was annoying as fuck. Which is weird because I generally have positive memories of her
>>
File: 1.png (2 MB, 1932x1088) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2 MB, 1932x1088
>>122614667
Was she speaking in runes or English? If it's the latter, then it's understandable
>>
>>122614771
e-english
>>
File: 300full-ami-koshimizu.png (183 KB, 300x333) Image search: [Google]
300full-ami-koshimizu.png
183 KB, 300x333
>>122614972
Yikes, Anon, so that's the reason you find her annoying, Ami Koshimizu did a fine job voicing Ibuki, she's the same woman that did Rosa from Umineko and Ryuko from Kill la Kill

https://youtu.be/bvkwHMvthD4?t=17s
>>
>>122615259
>>Ami Koshimizu

She's also Yang
>>
DR2 characters ranked by intelligence, from most capable to least capable.

>Hajime
>Nagito
>Chiaki
>"Byakuya"
>Mahiru
>Sonia
>Gundham
>Fuyuhiko
>Teruteru
>Peko
>Nekomaru
>Kaz
>Akane

this seem about right? Open to constructive criticism
>>
>>122618897
Oh I forgot Hiyoko and Ibuki. I'd say Hiyoko would probably go above Peko but below Teruteru, while Ibuki would be above Kaz but below Nekomaru
>>
File: 30448174_p5_master1200.jpg (204 KB, 500x558) Image search: [Google]
30448174_p5_master1200.jpg
204 KB, 500x558
I love Mukuro!
>>
File: coolzumi_by_juuzous-d89n16t.png (30 KB, 100x201) Image search: [Google]
coolzumi_by_juuzous-d89n16t.png
30 KB, 100x201
>>122618897
You're also forgetting Mikan. Also I'm kind of confused about what you mean by capable? How is that comparable to intelligence? Like if it's just intelligence Kazuichi and Sonia should be at the top, but you say capable which is like a different criteria. By capable do you mean like common sense and logic?
>>
>>122622389
Deduction capability. Helpfulness in an investigation. Kaz can fix stuff but he's almost always the Hiro of the class trial.

Mikan would probably have to rank high tier. Her plan wasn't terrible but it was a bit flawed vis a vis the murders. She's also basically the one that discovered Nagito didn't murder Byakuya, and she acts as the coroner for basically two trials. But she'd have to be docked some points for the fact that she almost never speaks, not sure where I'd put her.
>>
>>122618897

>Alter Ego Junko and Chihiro
>Izuru
>Naegi
>Chiaki
>Nagito
>Mikan
>Hajime
>"Byakuya"
>Sonia
>Mahiru
>Kaz
>Gundham
>Peko
>Teruteru
>Fuyuhiko
>Nekomaru
>Saionji
>Akane

Chihiro and Junko's AEs are obviousely the smartests entities on the VR world, Izuru is highest real one because he masterminded all that bullshit, and he is also the original UHope.
Naegi is a close second because he managed to fix the problem, at least very close to the end.
Chiaki despite not being able to everyone the reasons for they being stuck, was aware of the greater picture, good and levelheaded investigator, would solve most cases if Nagito didn placed his dick first to meddle.
Nagito is the better detective, being an outcast makes him the Kirigiri of the team, not blinded by personal relationships.
Mikan is a excelent planner and coroner of the team,.
Hajime is a good detective, but just like Naegi, however just like Naegi, the PC is dragged as hostage into the Togami/Komaeda's bullshit and forced to go along, its extra bad when you figured out who did it before the actual character.
From Byakuya to Peko, they are all roguhly the same, intellectuals on their areas and pretty smart when given the spotlight, but dont do really much on crime solving.
Teruteru,Fuyuhiko and Nekomaru are above average compared to normal person, remember, in order to enroll on the Peak, you must excell at all subjects.
Saionji is smarter than Akane, who is glue eater level.
>>
File: 180.jpg (15 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
180.jpg
15 KB, 180x240
Mukuro is deh smartest!
>>
>>122583346
it was
>>
>>122625421

Until now.
>>
>>122624356
why are you giving AE and Junko so much credit? Just because they can see behind the curtain doesn't mean they're capable. Junko's never really been in the class trial setting without knowing the full picture and Chihiro was nothing special in DR1's first trial (actually, I believe he's the first one in the entire series to get something wrong during a class trial IIRC).
>>
Terasawa Yoshinori, the director for Danganronpa series, had an interview about DR:AE and a little bit about production of NDRV3 at Korea’s game event G-Star.

Q: Is there a reason for changing the game genre in Despair Girls?

A: Actually, I wanted to get Danganronpa 3 out, but Kodaka Kazutaka (who is in charge of scenario) has exhausted himself all out in Danganronpa 2 so he had hard time in thinking up of the next game. So I thought that it might take some time to think up Danganropa 3, so we decided to make a spinoff title.

There might have been many people who thought the spinoff game would come out in same genre, but we didn’t want anything ordinary. The developer staffs wanted to try on an action adventure, so we decided to try.

Q: What’s the keypoint of Depair Girl’s story?

A: I think it’s the story of Fukawa and Komaru growing up and their friendship. We made it with that in mind. Other than this, you can’t miss out the ‘Hope that goes against Despair’ theme, and I think the fact that antagonists in this one are kids will shock the players quite a lot.

Q: Is there a reason why you chose Fukawa Touko as protagonist with Naegi Komaru?

A: We picked Genocider Syo, completely unrelated to the character’s popularity or the players’ requests. Naegi Komaru has to survive in a completely desperate situations, and the most fitting partner that can survive with her was Genocider Syo.
>>
>>122625421
>sets up the entire plot for the third game
>spin off
>>
>>122627280
>>sets up the entire plot for the third game
>the third game
by acknowledging it as not itself the third game you're subconsciously acknowledging it as a spin off
>>
>>122627398
Why call it a spin off when it directs to the main plot, then?
>>
>>122627669
either it's main series or a spin off. You're the one who was saying it wasn't the third game, remember?
>>
>>122625886

Read the post dude, this is about DR2 characters, some DR1 character were included to their apperance in the final hour.

I am speaking AE Chihiro, Also know as the good Alter Ego, DR2 Junko refers herself as Alter Ego Junko, i am referring to Alter Ego bros. as the smartest.

Alter Ego Chihiro contribution was bringing Naegi, who told about the 11037 code, which allowed Hajime to find out it was a fake, from there on they were able to defeat Junko.

Alter Ego Junko was able to pull all those shenanigans, and without Hajime sudden powerup, she would have won, and its was problably Junko who told Izuru what do to, not the opposite.

Chiaki is levelheaded and is a better investigator than Hajime, if Nagito didn fucked around with investigation, she could might had solved the case earlier than it should.

Chihiro is indeed the first to fuck up, but pushing that aside, despite being as socially inept as Fukawa, Chihiro is ironically the smartest one in the cast barring Izuru, its even tragic, the fact that his inventions had done more harm than good in series, if had died before going Hope's peak, the tragedy would been a lot softer.
>>
>>122627746
>everything has to black and white
What I'm trying to say is it dosen't necessarilly quallify as a spin off when it has such importance, that's like saying peace walker is a spin off just because it dosen't have a number.
>>
>>122627961
Not that anon but why would anyone care if something is classified as a spin-off or not? Who the fuck cares.16674
>>
File: IMG_0930.jpg (169 KB, 1024x1197) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0930.jpg
169 KB, 1024x1197
>>122628684
Well to me spin-off means unimportance to the main plot and just generally made to pander to a select audience that want to see more about a certain character or aspect of the story.
No matter how much I love Dangan Ronpa Kirigiri I can't deny that isn't a spin off because it's just not necessary to the main plot and the fact that it's a different author.
Basically when I read people saying AE is a spin off, to me they might as well be saying it's not canon.
I'm sorry that spin-off is a strong word in my dictionary.
>>
>>122629304
Sounds like a personal problem.
>>
File: IMG_0921.jpg (339 KB, 1024x1446) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0921.jpg
339 KB, 1024x1446
>>122629574
So you're saying AE is a spin-off?!
I will break you.
>>
>>122626042
>A: We picked Genocider Syo, completely unrelated to the character’s popularity or the players’ requests.
I'm not buying their reason.

>>122627864
>if had died before going Hope's peak, the tragedy would been a lot softer.
Sorry but this doesn't apply, do you blame the scientists that discovered nuclear fusion for the atomic bomb or the attacks done with it? Chihiro's inventions were misused, that's it.
>>
>>122629767

Damnit, you broke my argument about this being Chihiro's fault, i was going to say that if Einstein and gang were all ultimates, it would been at lot worse, but Chihiro, Matsuda and Therapist were ultimate and their shit was influencial on it.

I was also going to mention that the US didn had a Junko to steal their shit, but the Soviet Union just had Junko shit up.
>>
File: hope's peak band.png (251 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
hope's peak band.png
251 KB, 500x427
bump
>>
File: 1442303971553.jpg (21 KB, 385x340) Image search: [Google]
1442303971553.jpg
21 KB, 385x340
Alright so I was styling my hair the other day and I did something. A reverse ahoge. My hair is somewhat short, but If I just let it fall normally it looks like that grown out style that angry teenagers have and if I comb it, well it just looks terrible. For the past few years I've taken to spiking it, where I use just a little bit of paste to make my hair stand up. I don't spike it, so it stands straight up, but just enough to put it upwards that you can my whole forehead. The other day when I was styling I didn't use enough product so a little snippet fell down. It sort of fell in a downward pyramid and I thought it was kind of like an ahoge but down instead of up. I decided to keep it that way for the rest of the day.

I know how much people like their ahoges here on /drg/ so I figured I'd share that with everyone. Not a particularly interesting anecdote, but at least it's better than posting page 10.
>>
>>122635954
Post a pic of it
>>
File: happiness.jpg (496 KB, 1280x933) Image search: [Google]
happiness.jpg
496 KB, 1280x933
I finally finished the last of my exams and am no longer a high-school student.

It is time, /drg/? Time to plat trophy DR, SDR2 and AE?
>>
File: Kom5.png (218 KB, 294x436) Image search: [Google]
Kom5.png
218 KB, 294x436
>>122636408
Honestly it's nothing special. Just imagine spiked that doesn't cover the forehead, except for a little clump that curves. But I like this general and don't really have a reason not too since I'd crop out my face. I'll get back to you tomorrow (or the day after)
>>
>>122637265
In November? Assuming you're American, most final exams for graduation at the high school level are done in the Spring.
>>
>>122582265

>1
People get murdered by a plan gone wrong/seemingly important characters get killed

>2
Both killers revolve around the idea that a "serial killer" did it/Both involve some sort of secret

>3
Two people are killed for dumb motives

>4
Both people "sacrifice" themselves for the good of the group

>5
Trust and Luck are big factors

>6
DUDE JUNKO LMAO
>>
>>122637621

I forgot to mention even the remaining survivors by the end of the game are fairly similar

>MC
Naegi and Hinata

>The cold hearted one
Togami and Kuzuryuu

>The brown girl
Aoi and Owari

>The bumbling oaf
Hagakure and Soda

>The weird one
Fukawa and Sonia
>>
>>122637418
No I'm not American, Anon. I am happy to have months off before I start university though. In between, it will only be ever Danganronpa.
>>
>>122637967
Some of those are a stretch. I wouldn't consider Fuyuhiko cold hearted at all. Not to bring up that discussion again, but he believed he had the opportunity to sacrifice everyone in order to escape during trial 2, but passed it up. So even if it seemed like that on the outside, he never really was cold hearted. And I don't like calling Sonia weird eitheir, she's just culturally different.

I don't know, I'm probably just arguing semantics here.
>>
>>122638186
If you have months of time, what you should do is play the Zero Escape games(assuming you haven't). There's always some discussion of VLR or 999 at least every thread.
>>
>>122638563
I have played the ZE series. I'm hyped for the third game, how will Sigma prevent the outbreak of radical-6? What about Akane? I've gotta replay the series even if I thought 999 was better. The animated models looked cheap and weren't as expressive as the sprites in 999 or the CGs. I also preferred 999's horror atmosphere, VLR felt more 'safe' to me but the scope of the plot is getting astronomical now. Now, that's really water-tight world building. You should also play ever17 even if it's a VN and the translation is choppy at parts.
>>
>>122638841
>astronomical
kek
>>
>>122637291
I'm counting on you.
>>
File: clip+(2015-10-18+at+11.16.57).jpg (95 KB, 750x366) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2015-10-18+at+11.16.57).jpg
95 KB, 750x366
>>122639091
>>
>>122638465

But Togami didn warmed up, let alone humbled up, Fuyuhiko was a dick in the beggining, but worked to wash that off, i still have a bit of beef with the whole "I am gonna sell you to a whorehouse" bit he had with Mikan, that shit almost made me side with Saionji.

He got a bit into despair, but even on the end, he was still a unsufferable cunt.

Ishimaru was cool, why Togami couldn be a little more nicer, the only nice thing he did in the game, aside from complementing Toko for it, was siding with siding with Asahina on case 4.
>>
File: 1377184274876.jpg (389 KB, 1504x1077) Image search: [Google]
1377184274876.jpg
389 KB, 1504x1077
>>122641749
This image needs a trigger warning, spoiler isn't enough.
>>
>>122642861

Cant you see how much they love each other?

He was only a dick to Chihiro so that if they both survived, he could muster the courage to kill him.

He only went rough because deep down, he only wanted Chihiro to go rough on him.
>>
File: 38108972.jpg (124 KB, 2480x1748) Image search: [Google]
38108972.jpg
124 KB, 2480x1748
>10
>>
File: Hopelessly soft.png (465 KB, 760x725) Image search: [Google]
Hopelessly soft.png
465 KB, 760x725
>>122642861

Trigger Warning: Truth
>>
FOUND THE VGL3 DRG GAMES, THANKS TO
>>122627126

Also, fuck this "Error, our system thinks your post is spam" bullshit.
>>
File: 84759203.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1314) Image search: [Google]
84759203.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1314
>>
File: 1447248450905.jpg (354 KB, 602x662) Image search: [Google]
1447248450905.jpg
354 KB, 602x662
>>122667560
cute
>>
>>122658302
4chan...cup is a filtered phrase
>>
>>122677650
Wow, really? Why?
>>
>>122677925
it's a bannable offence for advertising. It's against 4chan rule.
>>
File: 1420144311694.png (91 KB, 630x686) Image search: [Google]
1420144311694.png
91 KB, 630x686
>>122678026
No wonder. Well, now I know.
>>
I really like the Mikan case. No matter how hard I try to poke holes in it or try to see if there was any other way Mikan could've pushed the blame on someone else, I can't see one. They covered their bases pretty good, and gave Mikan a good motivation in how she tried to cover up the killings. Of course her actual motivation for doing the killings at all is retarded, but I still kinda like it as one of the few instances we see somebody in their Ultimate Despair form
>>
File: dead thread.png (132 KB, 412x432) Image search: [Google]
dead thread.png
132 KB, 412x432
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hn3gBV-nYc
>>
File: keep hopes up.jpg (40 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
keep hopes up.jpg
40 KB, 500x351
>10
We gotta get a discussion going. Who's worst DR2 girl and why is it Akane?
>>
>>122687404
That's not how you spell Saionji
>>
>>122679153
Hate to break this to you but...

Mikan could have easily pinned the blame on Hajime since he didn't have an alibi, but since Hajime has super protagonist powers he was fine.
>>
At what time will the anniversary stream run?
>>
>>122688763
>Mikan could have easily pinned the blame on Hajime since he didn't have an alibi,
except that's not true! I thought so too at first, but Hajime didn't go to that movie so he'd have no way of paying tribute to the murder in that movie.
>>
File: 2(518).png (76 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
2(518).png
76 KB, 480x280
>>122688219
I disagree with your opinion but I respect it
>>
>>122530665
Byakuya Girlgami soon

screenshot this
>>
File: girlgami when.png (5 KB, 361x116) Image search: [Google]
girlgami when.png
5 KB, 361x116
>>122696024
I'm gonna hold you to this
>>
>>122696174
I expect this.
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.