[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wtc/ - Witcher General - (/krw/)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 168
File: Triss1.png (909 KB, 855x699) Image search: [Google]
Triss1.png
909 KB, 855x699
Redemption edition

>New Content:
Hearts of Stone and patch 1.11 is released!
HoS developer stream: http://www.twitch
.tv/gogcom/v/21745298
Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffdxS9R6NTE
Patchnotes: http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/media/THE%20WITCHER%203/Pdf/patch_1_11_changelog_en.pdf

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
http://f.wtcg.pl/

Links:
>slightly newer pastebin, containing Witcher gear locations and TW1+2 info
http://pastebin.com/6pY8GtRE
>Console Commands
http://www.mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>ded Gwent Browser Game
http://gwentonline.club/play-gwent-online/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
http://www.gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
https://youtu.be/YrrzVp2HIMk?list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>Redirect to the current thread
http://wtcg.pl

Previous Thread: >>120905317
>>
>>121066489
>geralt says he loves her because she brings about a peace in him that no one else can, and i think that plays off really well in spite of pity he might feel for her being pathetic.
It's really not very believable at all if you know more about the characters. That's one of those things where I think they just thought it would come across as weird if this wasn't a choice offered to the players even if it's hard to justify in-character.

>
even though i get the impression from these threads that she's a manipulative bitch, actually, and it makes no god damn sense that geralt would ever choose her over yenn or just pure solitude.
Manipulative bitch is a bit harsh. She's manipulative in the way a child is manipulative, not in the way that say, Philippa is manipulative. She's emotional, naive, and weak willed in teh face of her peers so she does stuff like tell totally unsustainable lies just to enjoy the moment with Geralt and puts the inevitable future out of her mind, or is easily convinced to be party to horrible things by people like Philippa who are strong willed and manipulative, all while Triss convinces herself it's really for the best.

Triss is deliberately meant to contrast with Yennefer's strong will and independent attitude.

>>121066512
>So, do you consider Witcher 3 your GOTY /krw/ ?
Easily. GOTY and RPG of the decade.
>>
>>121066920
>oh, i always figured she was the anti-sorceress because she was just more open and heart-on-her-sleeves.
That's part of it, but also the other things you've said.

>did she betray out of dishonesty with herself, or was it more deliberately manipulative?
Both, under considerable peer pressure (which she's extremely vulnerable to) from Philippa Eilhart.
>>
>>121067083
>>121066883
okay, see, i think that adds a load of needed depth to her character in the witcher 3, and i guess the devs just feel like she already had plenty of time in the spotlight in the last game, and thus didn't need to spend any more time with her this one, but I really do think there's a LOT to work with there in terms of a romance that's actually meaningful and makes a lot of sense, but they just DID NOT sell that AT ALL. they got around the problematic aspects of her romantic relationship with geralt in the wild hunt just by completely ignoring problems she presents there. tackling those head-on would have made that romance-arc WAY better than the yennefer one.
>>
>old thread is autosaging, having a ton of discussion
>move to new thread, it instantly dies
What happened? I'd think at least we'd get our usual start of thread shitposts out of the way
>>
>>121067437
The amount of work needed to make that romance arc believable at that point would have dominated considerable parts of the game's plot and taken a ton of time.

> tackling those head-on would have made that romance-arc WAY better than the yennefer one.
I don't think it was ever meant to be better. Geralt and Yennefer have already had their romance arc mostly and their reunion is the focus, not on them suddenly developing new feelings for each other. The writing around Triss was mostly done with the assumption that it's a send off as far as I can tell.
>>
>>121067437
>tackling those head-on would have made that romance-arc WAY better than the yennefer one.
Correct me if I'm wrong but you didn't actually hook Geralt and Yennefer up, did you? It changes a decent amount of their later interactions if you had Geralt re-commit there.
>>
>>121067445
hey man, i'm still here making a fool of myself for criticizing the writing in the witcher 3 despite not having played the other 2.

i should say that i still so thoroughly enjoyed this game that i played it twice to be as comprehensive as possible, and even sailed out to every single one of those damn screaming siren infested, cardboard-beam boat-breaking, inexplicably remote smuggler's caches.
>>
>>121067810
>hey man, i'm still here making a fool of myself for criticizing the writing in the witcher 3 despite not having played the other 2.
there's books to, you know. The games are all sequels to the books.

>and even sailed out to every single one of those damn screaming siren infested, cardboard-beam boat-breaking, inexplicably remote smuggler's caches.
do you hate yourself?
>>
File: 14384702904120.jpg (98 KB, 680x768) Image search: [Google]
14384702904120.jpg
98 KB, 680x768
>>
>>121067616
>The writing around Triss was mostly done with the assumption that it's a send off as far as I can tell.
That's what I got, not to hate on Triss but the game does put the onus on the player to convince her to stay.
>>
>>121067778
i didn't the first time, although i did the second one, and it just seemed par for the course, and triss just seemed to be like "okay, it's not gonna happen, so i'm moving on."

that doesn't make her inconsistent with what i'm hearing. i wouldn't expect her to have acted differently - she definitely wouldn't have tried to break up their relationship or something unless she was guided or goaded to.

>>121067952
i just fucking hate question marks.
>>
File: concerned sadfu.png (446 KB, 540x593) Image search: [Google]
concerned sadfu.png
446 KB, 540x593
>>121067445
TRUE LOVE, LITERALLY PERFECT BEST WAIFU

Is that good enough?
>>
File: 13141.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
13141.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1080
I want that magic chill atmosphere again
>>
>>121066489

Yeah she's just a pathetic individual which acts as a foil to Yen. She's an interesting character it's just she's pathetic.

>went to fight at sodden
>throws up and didn't do any fighting , forgot all her spells besides teleport and was going to flee and leave her friends before getting burnt to a crisp
>falls in love with a man who she seduced with magic for a really fucked up reason
>this man also happens to be her best friend significant other and he never returns those feelings
>goes to kaer morhen and constantly tries to seduce geralt who turns her down left and right
>her diarrhea adventures
>being a puppet to phillipa and the lodge
>betraying Yen (mulitple times), Geralt, and Ciri
>crying when she realized just how pathetic she really was in the 7th book

She did start to redeem herself in the last few pages of the series by coming back to her friend's side after initially running away but then the witcher 1 starts and she loses any progress she made.

>manipulates geralt with amensia into having a relationship even though she knew how he feels
>being a puppet to the lodge again
>being a phil apologist even after all the shit that she did

She doees take a step away from the lodge at the end of the second game so good for her and she's not as pathetic as she was in the books but she still cracks under pressure and overall comes across as pathetic just not as bad as she used to be.

You said you wonder why Geralt would ever choose triss, well the answer is he would never in a trillion years choose Triss over Yen. It's not even a competition between the two.
>>
File: Yennefer smiling.jpg (441 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Yennefer smiling.jpg
441 KB, 1920x1080
>>121068302
It's a start. Where's 4k Anon? Here I'll help

Best womanlet :3
>>
>>121067616
>I don't think it was ever meant to be better. Geralt and Yennefer have already had their romance arc mostly and their reunion is the focus, not on them suddenly developing new feelings for each other. The writing around Triss was mostly done with the assumption that it's a send off as far as I can tell.

I totally get you. I don't think it necessarily SHOULD have been better, actually. I think it's totally reasonable if the writers wanted to tell a story in which Geralt and Yenn are re-united and Triss is a send-off. I think it's completely reasonable to just say both of those relationships have already been addressed in the needed way in previous games, and no need to rehash things.

it IS an RPG, though, and they did provide choices to the player. in a perfect world where they wouldn't have to sacrifice other dev time for it, though, it would have been much better to expand the triss relationship in the way that i describe than the shallow one we have as a formality.
>>
>>121068364
does anyone has geralt and lady relations vidya?

I recall that the banter that they shared was playfully done
>>
File: best.png (2 MB, 1098x871) Image search: [Google]
best.png
2 MB, 1098x871
>>121068501
BLOOD AND WINE
>>
>>121068152
>i just fucking hate question marks.
How long did it take? I wanted to do it, but I just gave up after doing a handful.

>>121068501
I'm really curious where 4k anon is from based off his posting times, but I can't figure it out. this is probably a little stalkerish of me...
>>
>>121068437
>She did start to redeem herself in the last few pages of the series by coming back to her friend's side after initially running away but then the witcher 1 starts and she loses any progress she made.
I disagree. She still has many of her book flaws, but one thing you can't call her in the games is a coward, whereas she was one in the books.

>>121068538
Yeah I get you. If they're gonna give you a choice they might as well put in a decent effort.

>>121068560
Lady of the Lake's banter was great.

>Geralt tries all this corny shit
>Lady keeps turning him down with pithy sayings
>Finally just says "Your ass is beyond compare"
>She likes it and they fuck
kek'd
>>
File: 21414141.jpg (263 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
21414141.jpg
263 KB, 1920x1080
>>121068560
I have only screenshots of the Lady from lake
>>
>>121068561
blood = obvious reference to spyfuo line of work but also reference to period

wine = european symbol of joy, fertility

in another words Blood and Wine will be about Geralt impregnating Cantarella ending up with a child and how Geralt's family reacts to this setting
>>
>>121068692
I think he's a Pole as he posts more in Euro prime time than American time, I guess he could be a Brit or German but someone said he used polish style language or something one time and I believe that
>>
File: 1433368209131.png (107 KB, 221x286) Image search: [Google]
1433368209131.png
107 KB, 221x286
How do you like the way the game handled the last wish story in the last wish quest ? It doesn't make much sense to me as Geralt's love for Yennefer isn't a result of Djinn's spell, but the other way around. If he didn't love her, he wouldn't wish their fates to be bound in the first place. This of course implies that the spell Djinn casts does nothing but to make them meet occasionally, like their paths always cross. If that is so, removing the spell shouldn't have any effect on Geralt's feelings about Yennefer.

Maybe Geralt just wished their fates to be bound because he simply wanted to save Yennefer at that moment and he couldn't think of a better way to do it. And somehow the spell contains love between the two. Or CDPR just wanted to make Geralt & Triss relationship possible, without really breaking the lore and the magic was gone.

We don't really know too much about the Djinn's spell, do we ?
>>
>>121068858
I would play the shit out of that desu
>>
File: 231414.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
231414.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>121068716
>but one thing you can't call her in the games is a coward
this, in TW1 she is a major player in the anti-Salamandra thing and Geralt has to trick her to stop her from joining him at the final fight, in Tw2 she's trying to act against the lodge on her own and then in the end has the potential to speak out against the lodge which is a fairly uncowardly thing to do and in TW3 she stays to save the mages of Novigrad despite acknowledging she could flee on her own.
>>
>>121068692
too fucking long. like 5 hours. no joke. why can't those boats go faster? it was so tedious, and i only did it because i was a completionist. the whole time i was thinking to myself, why am i doing this work? i would never choose to play a game that was just this shit. this is not even compelling. i should stop, but i've already started, and i already got rid of the question marks int he other zones so I HAVE TO. I FUCKING HATE MYSELF.

>>121068437
see, like, i'm glad you told me all of this, even as a person who liked triss more than yen, and i'm actually just kind of disgusted that they put in a choice to be with triss AT ALL in light of that. i guess i can see why i'm the only one in these threads i get the impression that chose triss over yen in my first play-through. it just doesn't make any sense in terms of the story that's been told far.
>>
File: 314141512.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
314141512.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>121068982
I liked it. While what you said was true, Yennefer doesn't know that. It's clearly important to her peace of mind to demonstrate that the feelings are genuine, and when she does it turns out well.

If you go the noncanon route, Yennefer's feelings STILL aren't changed, and it feels like Geralt is using the Djinn as an excuse.
>>
>>121069483
Play the games and read the books yourself before forming strong opinions on Triss. Despite her shortcomings she does redeem herself and change over the series and there are plenty of people who still like Triss despite everything she did because of her development arc.
>>
>>121069262
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiHNB67ZF5U

the best thing about that part was the OST
>>
>>121068982
I think it works because people change. I got the impression it was put in there to explain away Geralts super-intense quest to reunite with Yenn at the start of the game despite keeping a possibility that his relationship with Triss can be truly committed. I figure it can easily be explained by the fact that people change, and the Djinn's spell basically forced upon him a contradiction that kept him going after Yenn in spite of his love moving over to someone else.
>>
>>121068858
Can't wait for there to be no Cantarella at all in Blood and Wine and for the waifufags to whine a bunch on /wtc/

>>121069262
>her sex card looks nothing like her
I'm still mad

>>121069435
I get the impression she wanted to meet with Philippa to try to convince her to stop or be convinced that what was happening wasn't the way Triss thought it was. Seems like she was still giving them the benefit of the doubt until she was compressed. Otherwise she would have said something to Geralt beforehand.
>>
File: 1214141.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1214141.jpg
154 KB, 1920x1080
I want put finger there
>>
>>121069750
This, and yes I fucked up by saying she lost progress. She's not a coward anymore but she's still pretty pathetic.
>>
>>121069921
>waifufags
You mean that one guy who says she's best girl and posts the same 3 pictures?
>>
>>121069483
>see, like, i'm glad you told me all of this, even as a person who liked triss more than yen, and i'm actually just kind of disgusted that they put in a choice to be with triss AT ALL in light of that. i guess i can see why i'm the only one in these threads i get the impression that chose triss over yen in my first play-through. it just doesn't make any sense in terms of the story that's been told far.
You might be now but it didn't used to be the case. It's just the game has been out quite awhile so the thread is mostly die hard fans that have played all the games and mostly have read at least some of the books. Used to be Trissfans all over the place and horrible waifuwars in the first couple months after release.

>>121069750
Mostly just people that started with TW3 and retained their waifufaggotry when going back tbqh. I mean I like her as a character but not as a person at all, and I say this as someone that used to be a Trissfag.
>>
>>121068982
It really didn't make much sense as the Djinn wish was never about love and removing it would have no effect but eh whatever it was a well done quest and was one of the better ones in the games.
>>
File: witcher3_2015_06_11_21_37_19_334.jpg (452 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2015_06_11_21_37_19_334.jpg
452 KB, 1920x1080
>>121070072
she reminds me of myself and i can relate with her character. Which is why i like Triss i suppose

>tfw the girl i love is getting married
>invited to her wedding
>>
>>121070174
i think you're implying that people that hold on to liking triss do so for shallow reasons, but from what i hear there are ample reasons why the romance can be compelling, the writers just didn't SHOW any of it, and i guess you just have to headcanon it in in the intermissions and the epilogue.
>>
does CDPR have something against thick women? all the attractive women are slim with moderately large breasts, and average hip width, with skinny legs and almost no ass.
>>
>>121070829
I romance her because I'm a filthy self-insertfag when it comes to game romances and I dislike the idea of romancing Yen more than the idea of Triss. I don't particuarly like either of the romances desu but I find Triss' the most relateable

>>121070809
>tfw the girl i love is getting married
Thats when you admit that you sort of had a thing for her and realise that she tried to come on to you but you turned her down.
>>
>>121070809
I think that might be why I like Triss as well, she does sort of remind me of myself, more than Yen would at least.
>>
>>121071060
>>121070809
as the anon who has only played tw3, and just hearing all this stuff, i think i would still choose triss over yen because i appreciate the unconventional and the problematic in terms of relationships over the logical. i just feel like the writers completely left out all the aspects that would make their relationship strong and believable.
>>
File: witcher3_2015_06_25_15_01_48_553.jpg (253 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2015_06_25_15_01_48_553.jpg
253 KB, 1920x1080
>>121071060
>you turned her down
lol
>>
>>121071325
>all the aspects that would

actually, i should say all the development, not the aspects.
>>
>>121071334
You read all sorts of horror stories and I've done it myself where men haven't noticed someone they really like has been trying to flirt and stuff with them and the woman/girls just moved on. Unless by love you mean you admired from afar and played the stereotypical nice guy angle.

>tfw I once thought a girl trying to ask me out was a joke because low self confidence
>>
>>121069752
I like your taste and all but River of Life a best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw
>>
>>121071951
COMFY
O
M
F
Y

Murky Waters best section
>>
>>121070829
>i think you're implying that people that hold on to liking triss do so for shallow reasons,
They do.

>but from what i hear there are ample reasons why the romance can be compelling,
Any romance can be compelling if you write the characters completely differently.

>headcanon
Don't do this.
>>
>>121070809
>she reminds me of myself and i can relate with her character. Which is why i like Triss i suppose
I'm so sorry.

>>121071035
There's a "voluptuous" character model in the game that's pretty attractive it's just Triss is the only one that uses it among the more prominent women.

>>121071060
>Thats when you admit that you sort of had a thing for her and realise that she tried to come on to you but you turned her down.
This is getting really sad. Are all Trissfags such sad, forlorn people, or is it just 4chan in general that is a well of wasted opportunities and lost potential?
>>
>>121072113
it's an rpg. you can imagine the motivations and the thoughts for characters, and as a player if you want to romance triss, you're REQUIRED to insert certain things that aren't explicitly described in the game, which have no in-game contradictions.
>>
>>121071226
I definitely relate to Yen a lot more. I suffered from some issues from childhood that made me form a hardened shell and appear cold and detached to alot of people.
>>
>>121071325
>i think i would still choose triss over yen because i appreciate the unconventional and the problematic in terms of relationships over the logical.
Yen and Geralt's relationship has a ton of that, you just missed 2/3rds of it by not reading the books.

> i just feel like the writers completely left out all the aspects that would make their relationship strong and believable.
To make it "strong and believable" they'd have to completely change both characters.

>>121072402
It's an RPG yeah but you're not playing a blank slate character, you'r playing Geralt, who has established personality traits and motivations. CDPR mostly does a good job of leaving wiggle room on big choices where Geralt might believably do either one depending on your take on his character without the underlying character being changed, but they don't always succeed at this and a few of the choices stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>121072113
you really think that people cannot be attracted to triss' personality? have you met REAL people? they're not perfect. human beings do dishonest things constantly. people can fool themselves, they can be manipulated, and they can make mistakes, but that doesn't completely devalue them.
>>
>>121072321
>4chan in general that is a well of wasted opportunities and lost potential
Do you really need to ask that question? Although despite being a trissfag I'm not sad enough to never move on despite someone getting married.
>>
>>121068982
FUCK the boss fight

Literally impossible without quen alt spam
>>
>>121072432
>tfw the characters you relate to the most are Yen and Ciri
help me

>>121072621
>you really think that people cannot be attracted to triss' personality?
If they've read the books? There's always someone, but yeah, I think it's pretty weird since she's consistently portrayed as a pretty weak and pathetic person with little to admire about her.

>>121072658
The Djinn is easy as piss even if you don't throw dimeritium at it, what are you talking about?
>>
>>121071863
Exact same thing has happened to me anon, you're not the only one.
>>
>>121072589
>To make it "strong and believable" they'd have to completely change both characters.
If a relationship is neither strong nor believable its not a very good relationship now is it.
>>
>>121071325
Geralt and Yen's relationship is known across the continent for being filled with many highs and lows and having plenty of issues and to make Triss and Geralt's relationship into something it isn't would require them to completely change the characters.

>>121072432
I just realized how much of an edgy faggot I sounded like an this post.
>>
>>121072621
>have you met REAL people? they're not perfect. human beings do dishonest things constantly. people can fool themselves, they can be manipulated, and they can make mistakes, but that doesn't completely devalue them.
Every character in the series is like this. They're just generally portrayed more favorably than Triss is. And honestly, having known people like Triss in real life just makes me dislike her that much more so not sure what your point is there.

I mean there's a reason there wasn't really a Triss fanbase among Sapkowski until the games came out. Book Triss is a bad person, and not in the kind of way people generally enjoy (Like say, Philippa or Vilgefortz)

>>121073045
>If a relationship is neither strong nor believable its not a very good relationship now is it.
Exactly.
>>
>>121072432
I think Yen is more who I want to be, in a way because she's not afraid of standing up for herself and doing what she wants, even if it is kind of abrasive at times.

>>121072972
Might as well add me to the list too
>>
>>121072589
by HAVING choice, there is expected a large element of the player themselves to be part of Geralt. Geralt's solid attachments to both women don't seem go beyond the things they done together as opposed to just how they work personally as a relationship, and the latter is always crucially important, even if rarely so in broad epic stories.
>>
>>121073107
>I just realized how much of an edgy faggot I sounded like an this post.
the first step is realising you have a problem anon

>>121073165
>>121072972
Thanks anons, at least we're not as pathetic as the average /r9k/ and /v/ poster.
>>
File: no.png (403 KB, 500x815) Image search: [Google]
no.png
403 KB, 500x815
>>121071863
i was going to sleep but might as well explain stuff

we've been good friends for like four years now and few months ago she had started to approach to me a little bit differently. We don't usually go out together but i started to take her out for dinners, then she started calling me for breakfast meetings. When i thought all was going too well, and just before i spilled my beans on now usual sunday breakfasts, she told me she has been seeing someone for over a year now and that they're gonna get engaged. I don't think how i felt at that moment can be explained in any way
>>
>>121073107
>I just realized how much of an edgy faggot I sounded like an this post.
You're on 4chan. Lots of people responding to life's hardships by withdrawing from the world in some way here.

>>121073210
>
by HAVING choice, there is expected a large element of the player themselves to be part of Geralt.
Not really. It's more encouraging people to interpret the existing character. There's a whole huge discussion to have on why, say, Geralt would go with Roche or Iorveth, and all without altering the character by inserting elements of yourself into him. Because it's a believably difficult decision.

> Geralt's solid attachments to both women don't seem go beyond the things they done together as opposed to just how they work personally as a relationship, and the latter is always crucially important, even if rarely so in broad epic stories.
Geralt and Yen do both parts so I don't see what you mean there.
>>
>>121073318
>she told me she has been seeing someone for over a year now
Ouch, I really feel for you anon. Oh well, I'm sure you'll find someone else.
>>
>>121073318
As long as you realize you fucked up hard and learn from it.
>>
>>121073243
Nah I am actually fine I just worded that terribly and made myself seem like an edgy faggot when I ain't one.
>>
Who wants to watch geralt fuck ciri
it's me
>>
>>121071325
Read the books and play the other games. I think you'll really enjoy them, and you're kind of ruining it for yourself by getting involved in depth in these discussions about stuff you know little about and getting tainted pre-emptively by other people's perspectives. Triss a shit tho
>>
>>121069921
As the main spyfufag I assure you, if she's not in it I'll hide for a while to avoid the I told you so posts.
>>
File: triss____by_virdaseitr-d8x0nnk.jpg (196 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
triss____by_virdaseitr-d8x0nnk.jpg
196 KB, 1024x819
>>121073635
where did i fuck up anon ? I thought someone was approaching me and i didn't pussy out and decided to go for it
>>
>>121073998
I'm tracking your IP and when it comes out I will find you to say I told you so and rub a giant print-out of Fringilla Vigo in your face while ooking

>>121074010
You fucked up by waiting FOUR FUCKING YEARS
>>
>>121073475
>Not really. It's more encouraging people to interpret the existing character.
I completely understand this point of view, and absolutely concede every single argument you've made.

We're standing on two sides of flaw in the witcher 3. Clearly the way that shoved in a romantic story with Triss was a formality and the way it was done was hugely unsatisfying, uncharacteristic, and unjustified. You may say perfectly reasonably that this should have simply been removed or done in such a way that reveals a fault in Geralt's character that leads him back to Yenn, or I might say that it's completely possible in a 100+ hour game to have justified the Triss romantic arc partly in spite of and partly in benefit of all of her shortcomings.

I think this is a digression, though. I think the original argument was that you were saying people like Triss is entirely shallow, and to that I would just say that people can like her apart from interpreting her as Geralt.
>>
Where is 4k Anon? Is he ok? Did he get called into the office for some important Blood and Wine expansion development?
>>
>>121074010
Should've been more direct, not waited 4 years and moved faster once you started trying to be romantic with her, even if you just confirmed what was happened.
>>
>>121073998
>tfw no spyfu but we get monkey fringilla

>>121074112
This, if you don't make a move within a few months of meeting each other you will usually always just be friends. 4 years is way too fucking long.
>>
>>121074217
>or I might say that it's completely possible in a 100+ hour game to have justified the Triss romantic arc partly in spite of and partly in benefit of all of her shortcomings.
I won't disagree with you there, but I think it would take so much time and effort to do believably as to seriously negatively impact the rest of the story, to the extent that the game would cease to be about Geralt and Ciri and become about Geralt and Triss.

>I think the original argument was that you were saying people like Triss is entirely shallow, and to that I would just say that people can like her apart from interpreting her as Geralt.
Read the books and come back to me on that if you still feel that way.
>>
File: 1361111664941.jpg (498 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1361111664941.jpg
498 KB, 1920x1080
>>121074112
>>121074303
i developed feelings for her quite recently, not four years ago anon. As i said, she was just a friend and nothing more
>>
>>121074291
he is kill
>>
>>121074217
Not him, but Trissfags are usually shallow cunts who wouldn't even appreciate a well done romance if they had one, so it's alright. It's sort of like people that chose anyone but Liara in mass effect.
>>
>>121074291
I fucking knew it that or he is leading the let's shit on fallout in /v/. Marcin doesn't do much but post on 4chan.
>>
>>121074508
>As i said, she was just a friend and nothing more
I doubt she felt that way. Can't expect her to wait forever.

>>121074613
>argue about shallow romances
>uses Mass Effect as an example
>uses fucking LIARA as an example
10/10 bait
>>
File: spyfu1.png (1018 KB, 904x847) Image search: [Google]
spyfu1.png
1018 KB, 904x847
>>121074112
B-but Spyfu>Fringilla

>>121074450
Would be pretty bad desu I wouldn't mind if Cantarella wasn't in B&W as long as it was a mostly all new cast of characters
>>
File: a literal monkey.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
a literal monkey.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>121074968
Are you gonna be mad if Cantarella isn't in it at all but Fringilla is prominent?
>>
File: mad spyfu.png (195 KB, 348x338) Image search: [Google]
mad spyfu.png
195 KB, 348x338
>>121075195
I would be super mad
>>
>>121074613
yeah there to be entirely honest, i chose tali for ENTIRELY shallow reasons. i didn't find any of the characters in that game nearly as well written or compelling as in this one, though.

>>121074491
yeah, this is a completely flawed via limitation and ignorance perspective. i think there were times where in just a few short lines and one simple action here and there, like with the BB, the writers were able to really able to sell some seriously drastic character actions, motivations, relationships, etc, and I would have at the very least wanted something like this to be put in for the Triss relationship if they just HAD to put it in the game, even though I recognize in light of the massive story from the games and books, such a thing is pretty much a drop in the ocean for justifying it. would have been more gratifying in a way, though. Honestly, I think it could have been intertwined enough that nearly all her screentime COULD have simultaneously accomplished this.
>>
>>121075367
All Cantarella is good for is sucking dick. She should be on her knees thanking Fringilla for giving her work after Assire died.
>>
>>121075490
>i chose tali for ENTIRELY shallow reasons
Mass Effect is a CaC RPG so its fine to pick shallow romances, Tali is also cute when you romance her.
>>
>>121075490
>yeah there to be entirely honest, i chose tali for ENTIRELY shallow reasons. i didn't find any of the characters in that game nearly as well written or compelling as in this one, though.
All the Mass Effect characters except for maybe Mordin are shallow as fuck, so don't worry about it. Even the love interests that could have potentially been interesting are instantly sabotaged to not be for the sake of power fantasy.

Also you're a cool dude even if I don't agree with you just for admitting you have flaws on 4chan rather than just mindless sticking to your guns and calling me a faggot even if you're right and I'm wrong, you're a cool
>>
>>121075737
A lot of them have a decent amount of depth in ME2 because its entirely focused on them, Garrus is actually a pretty good character in his mission but then they ruined it by dumbing them down in ME3
>>
prove me wrong

>>121075974
Nah, they're all shallow archetypes there with little more going for them too. More content isn't the same as depth. Garrus is still just alien batman rogue cop doing one of the most common rogue cop stories ever portrayed with just as predictable and shallow an outcome
>>
captcha, please fucking learn what a named street sign is, because a mailbox is not one of them, and a street address are not one of them.

>>121075737
i like to keep an open mind, and it will never do a person any good to be ignorantly wrong, even if it sucks to admit as much. i really appreciate the conversation you gave me, even though i don't think you got much out of it, and in the end it was probably entirely pointless!

i expect i'll read the books, but i'm not so keen on playing tw1&2, because the story interests me way more, and the gameplay is already pretty tedious in tw3 to put up with the inevitably more tedious and needlessly complex pc-rpg-style gameplay that i'll see in the first two.

no, i'm not a consolebabby. i play all games on pc. i detest when pc versions of multiplat games are simplified for controllers, but i also dislike needlessly complex or tedious game elements like the crafting systems and shit in most games.
>>
>>121075613
>Tali dat accent, dem thighs
>Liara dat exotic blue, dat demure
>Miranda dat tsundere, dat ass
>Jack dat badgirl
>Garrus dat voice, dat bro
>Ashley dem lips, dat tuff girl
>Jacob dat big black cock
>Kaiden dat...something

There, that's the only reason to get involved with any of the Mass Effect characters. No reason to be ashamed about liking shallow characters for shallow reasons.
>>
>>121076214
dammit, i did this, but i don't even like redheads or freckles. why is choosing triss inevitably also choosing tali? i'm actually stumped. pls explain.
>>
>>121076502
>even though i don't think you got much out of it, and in the end it was probably entirely pointless!
It was a thorough demonstration that people that start the series with TW3 aren't drooling idiot "casual normies REEEE" as they're so often caricatured as in this thread, which is refreshing.

>i expect i'll read the books, but i'm not so keen on playing tw1&2, because the story interests me way more, and the gameplay is already pretty tedious in tw3 to put up with the inevitably more tedious and needlessly complex pc-rpg-style gameplay that i'll see in the first two.
Can always just put it on easy and blaze through for the story. TW1 is skippable, I suppose, if you absolutely have to, but TW2's plot is great.
>>
>>121076706
>dammit, i did this, but i don't even like redheads or freckles. why is choosing triss inevitably also choosing tali? i'm actually stumped. pls explain.
On a shallow level their personality and demeanor is similar, the kind of first blush gut reaction that is the basis for initial attraction. They're not similar on a deeper level, but Tali is too shallow to relate to anything on a deeper level.
>>
File: flat.png (1 MB, 853x843) Image search: [Google]
flat.png
1 MB, 853x843
>>121075570
On a more serious note, she's been up in Novigrad successfully spying for a while, she's rumbled by an organised crime group and not Redania or the Temple Guard and from what we saw she seemed to have learned a fair bit about the important people in Novigrad which was probably her goal.

Also theres nothing wrong with spyfu being able to use her 'talents' to spy
>>
>>121076706
>>121076945
Also they're both perky and have high voices, as well as a slightly shy attraction towards the player character.
>>
>>121077165
I'm just memeing tbqhwyf. To be fair she does land in a lot of trouble and needs help to get out, though.
>>
>>121076673
>Jacob dat big black cock
>Kaiden dat...something
Its alright, no one actually romanced Jacob or Kaiden by choice. But yes you're right, theres nothing wrong with romancing them for shallow reasons.

Also Tali's thighs and accents make her objectively best ME girl and Bioware made her look exactly like a human model so theres no "eww aliens" to it.
>>
File: best elf.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
best elf.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
I didn't understand Spyfufag's admiration and like for a minor sidequest character until I met Eveline in Hearts of Stone

>tfw she coos like a dove then kicks the guard's ass

>>121077469
>Also Tali's thighs and accents make her objectively best ME girl and Bioware made her look exactly like a human model so theres no "eww aliens" to it.
That disappointed me. I wanted something a bit more...exotic, in the shallow alien waifu
>>
>>121077469
but STOCK PHOTO

also quarians are mostly biologically akin to garrusians, so why the FUCK DO THEY LOOK LIKE APES
>>
>>121077949
>also quarians are mostly biologically akin to garrusians, so why the FUCK DO THEY LOOK LIKE APES
There's no relationship between them evolutionarily at all. Them both coincidentally using dextro amino acids says nothing about their likely morphology. I gotta wonder how Tali takes care of all that salon quality below-shoulder length hair in the helmet though.
>>
>>121077376
>I'm just memeing tbqhwyf
I know, hence the serious note She already knew she'd been rumbled by someone, she just didn't realise it was some obscure halfling who was actually a minor crime boss. Wasn't her main reason to wanting Geralt's help because she knew he was the kind of guy to help damsels in distress and she wanted to get back to Nilfgaard as fast as possible. I've actually got the screenshot where she states Geralt never turns down a damsel in distress
>>
Fall Out 4 actually has better graphics that TW3. Where were you when CDPR got btfo
>>
>>121078186
>Wasn't her main reason to wanting Geralt's help because she knew he was the kind of guy to help damsels in distress and she wanted to get back to Nilfgaard as fast as possible.
That's what Fringilla told her, yeah.
>>
>>121078152
they could have made them like a bird or a lizard person or SOMETHING, but just regular human alien... i just.... STOCK PHOTO
>>
File: what happened fam.jpg (340 KB, 1019x1195) Image search: [Google]
what happened fam.jpg
340 KB, 1019x1195
What happened
>>
>>121078354
I expected scales myself.
>>
>>121077949
They just have the same amino acid chirality so they can eat the same food. Other than that they're not similar at all.

>>121077768
I really wish she was more exotic as well, I just like to think that picture isn't canon and Andromeda (Mass Effect is a guilty pleasure of mine) will retcon Quarian appearance.

>>121078419
>>121078316
Goldenface please, its like you're not even trying anymore, I used to love your bait images.
>>
>>121078419
mod community. duh.
>>
>tfw you realize you've never seen Goldenface and 4k Anon at the same time
There's some kind of weird Jekyll and Hyde relationship going on there I bet.

>>121078643
>seriously responding to Goldenface
Anon...
>>
>>121078606

I dunno, some dude was spamming that image over on /v/ and Witcherfags were losing their shit. It was pretty funny desu senpai
>>
>>121078419
Withcer 3 has nothing to sustain gameplay over long periods of time, and CDPR will not be releasing real modding tools. Bethesda releases full modding tools that lets people create all new content for their games which gives those games a long life.
TLDR: Mods
>>
>>121078606
>I really wish she was more exotic as well, I just like to think that picture isn't canon and Andromeda (Mass Effect is a guilty pleasure of mine) will retcon Quarian appearance.

>buying another Mass Effect game
you're why we can't have nice things

>>121078781
trolling /v/ is even easier than trolling /wtc/, we're all used to him here and can spot him immediately.

>>121078870
I take it back, it still works here for some reason. Go figure.
>>
>>121078781
its the same guy, he's spammed bait and "trolled" for months here, I think he moved to /v/ because most of us learned to stop responding and anyone who did respond to him just gets told to stop so it stopped working for him, his style is too recognisable.
>>
>>121078916
>buying another Mass Effect game
I'll do what I did for the other games and buy them in a sale or from a key reseller for next to nothing once the DLC is all out that I can pirate, I'm not going to fork over anything above £20 for it.
>>
>>121079216
Well...ok, Anon. I guess you get a pass.
>>
File: spyfu_.png (1 MB, 891x855) Image search: [Google]
spyfu_.png
1 MB, 891x855
>>121077768
sidequestfu's are best desu, theres no real romance content for them so it keeps you from devolving into proper waifufaggotry as well

>>121078318
I love how theres all the little hints like her slight accent twang, namedropping Fringilla and her abilities/knowledge to hint that she's a spy from Nilfgaard. She really is best girl.
>>
File: euro-truck-simulator-2.jpg (60 KB, 616x346) Image search: [Google]
euro-truck-simulator-2.jpg
60 KB, 616x346
>Pic related has more players and a higher meta score than TW3
>>
>>121079767
>theres no real romance content for them so it keeps you from devolving into proper waifufaggotry as well
You're fooling yourself.
>>
>>121079893
m80 eurotruck simulator is game of all time, its the ultimate comfy game and spreads glorious yuropean culture to filthy americlaps. Theres nothing better than coming in, putting a podcast on and playing eurotruck while eating my tea

I don't even care that you're baiting desu, eurotrick sim2>all
>>
>>121079893
hey goldenface, you hanging in there?
>>
>>121080264
this anon knows what's up

>>121080265
>hey goldenface, you hanging in there?
This kind of reply? Still taking the bait.
>>
what do i do after i beat the entire game + the expansion on NG+
>>
>>121080157
I don't think I've waifued spyfu despite the name, I've never posted anything about wanting to hug/kiss/impregnate/comfort/fuck/marry/whatever her. I just think she's best girl. If you think I do something waifufaggy feel free to call me out and I'll try to nip it in the bud.
>>
>>121080359
>d-dont talk to him
you are about the same tier as goldenfriend desu
>>
>>121080557
Read the books if you haven't
Play the other games if you haven't'
Shitpost on /wtc/ if you haven't

If you've done all those things, get the helium tank ready.
>>
File: 1441915496134.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1441915496134.jpg
297 KB, 1920x1080
Goodnight /wtc/
I love you
>>
>>121080732
>I just think she's best girl.
This is what /wtc/ calls waifufagging.
>>
File: Last Wish.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Last Wish.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>121081049
>>
>>121081221
Depends on what part of the waifu cycle we're on tbqh
>>
>>121081926
People on /wtc/ pretty frequently consider being a waifufag being nothing more than "My favorite character happens to be female". It gets used pretty loosely here sometimes.
>>
/wtc/ more like /tfwnogf/
>>
>>121082023
I mostly agree that /wtc/ thinks that but I still don't class myself as an actual waifufag, especially considering we have actual waifu/daughterufags on here.
>>
>>121082121
But I have a gf

>>121082380
I call myself a Yenkek but smhtbqhf if you don't think that's ironic. But /wtc/ has trouble with irony sometimes
>>
>>121078720
>>121078606
whats up with this guy anyway? does he just do this for fun? is he some sort of anti shill in his mind?
>>
File: wtc.png (796 KB, 1086x727) Image search: [Google]
wtc.png
796 KB, 1086x727
>>121082715
>tfw filter ruined name for yenfriends
Nothing wrong with ironically calling yourself a somethingfag/Cl_lck for your favourite character.

Pic related about the irony thing.

>>121083074
He's just a high effort yet obvious troll, ignore him.
>>
>>121083350
Why can't we have a Bartin type troll here -_-, he's far more interesting than Goldenface
>>
File: quote.png (531 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
quote.png
531 KB, 800x400
Philippa Eilhart did nothing wrong
>>
who's the most based and intricate character in the entire game and why is it olgierd von everec
>>
>>121085157
Olgierd is pretty great desu, you start off hating him and slowly start to like and sympathise with him.
>>
>>121085303
i honestly cannot believe there are people here that did not help olgierd at the end and sided with Evil Incarnate instead

unfathomable to me
>>
>>121085550
Yeah, one of the main points of the DLC was to make you realise that Olgierd wasn't an evil man and didn't deserve to have his soul stolen by a satan analogue.

It seems to me that people who let Gaunter win didn't pay enough attentions or skipped the university visit.
>>
>>121084564
Neither did Emhyr
>>
ded thread
ded ciri
ded Vesemir
ded Radovid
ded thaler
ded roche
ded ves
ded Dijkstra
ded foltest
ded serrit
ded auckes
ded milva
ded cahir
ded geralt
ded saskia
>>
File: 1445852285659.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445852285659.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
goin to get that witcher d
>>
>>121089260
Looks more like she's running off those rocks to drown herself after Geralt rejected her
>>
>>121083074
>whats up with this guy anyway?
Mentally ill NEET is my guess.
>>
File: Radovid's fantasy.jpg (67 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
Radovid's fantasy.jpg
67 KB, 894x894
>>121084564
Reminder that both Philippa and Radovid did nothing wrong despite having mutually exclusive goals.

>>121085157
Going just by this game it's the Bloody Baron or Olgierd, for sure.

>>121085303
He evoked that same weird combo of like/pity/hate in me that Philip Strenger did to the extent that I can't even really say what I felt about him.

>>121085550
>>121085854
It's easy to justify actually. It's Geralt taking a TREMENDOUS risk for a man that he knows is, while not pure evil, is not a good person by any measure and brought about a lot of this himself. Geralt has no idea that he's a videogame character and that his victory over a demi-god is inevitable, and he has other obligations that being dragged into Hell would make impossible to fulfill, like, you know, saving his daughter and the world from the Wild Hunt.
>>
>>121090810
>Mentally ill NEET
Anon, you are not really refining the selection very much here
>>
>>121091164
Geralt knows Gaunter can be beaten, he knows how he was beaten in the past and he was given a hint on how to defeat Gaunter by the two demons. Knowing Gaunter is a "monster" that can be defeated is enough for Geralt to justify stepping in.
>>
File: 1444385379715.jpg (794 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1444385379715.jpg
794 KB, 3840x2160
>>121091164
>pic
:3
>>
>>121092295
Is it just me or does Phillipa's face look like a high school student's face, theres something about the chubbiness, hair and structure that makes her look like that.
>>
>>121092687
In TW2 she looks a lot more like her age, I guess the eyes play a big part, she also has a thinner facial structure and more bleak complexion. Less qt but more hot
>>
File: 1446405880547.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1446405880547.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>only one Ciri pic
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>121078419
>What happened
brand awareness happened

nobody knew what a witcher is until E3 2013
>>
>>121093508
We have barely any pics this thread tbqh
>>
>>121078419
also over half of witcher 3 PC audience owns it on GoG, including myself, cause it was sold for $43 to those who own witcher 1&2

and it's probably safe to say literally nobody plays skyrim on consoles anymore, while witcher sold a hefty ammount on those things cause it's only competition is bloodborne
>>
>>121095816
>>121094910
You know he's just baiting you right?
>>
>>121092026
It's a hell of a long shot though. In all those centuries, only beaten once? And word games are hardly Geralt's specialty.
>>
>>121095912
well eurobros are all asleep, so might as well take some bait in a ded thread

anything you want to discuss besides meaningless statistics, fampai?
>>
File: 6osp-51q phil.jpg (904 KB, 1294x941) Image search: [Google]
6osp-51q phil.jpg
904 KB, 1294x941
>>121092687
Covered eyes + pigtails. Honestly something about her eyes made her seem a lot older in TW2.

>>121095480
We all got caught up talking and 4k Anon is kill.

>>121096157
Iorveth and Roche are both examples of underlings inspired to undying loyalty through callous manipulation as per Stennis's dialogue with Geralt.

Alternatively: Renfri is Ciri in another life.

Discuss
>>
>>121096359
Thats subverted, Ioverth ends up acting against Phillipa and ends up more than an underling in Vergen and Roche ends up potentially betraying Temeria to Redania and again becomes a more important player in TW3 and is key in making Temeria a Nilfgaardian vassal effectively no longer making him an underling devoted to Temeria
>>
>>121096706
>Ioverth ends up acting against Phillipa
I was talking about Saskia. Iorveth is utterly devoted to her, to the point of falling in love with her. But Saskia makes her feelings clear to Geralt that she simply views him as a terrorist.

>and Roche ends up potentially betraying Temeria to Redania
This development is completely undone by TW3.

> and is key in making Temeria a Nilfgaardian vassal effectively no longer making him an underling devoted to Temeria
He does it out of blind loyalty to Temeria that derives from Foltest feeding him enough scraps to see him as his surrogate father. Stennis would approve.
>>
>>121096359
well roche is a patriot and takes pride in serving his king, probably imagines foltest as his adopted father, so when his king gets murdered under his nose it's oughta make an already driven man focus on nothing but finding his killer

I'd say he isn't an underling at that point anymore, but rather temerian batman

and iorveth gets played like a fiddle in TW2, but he's his own man, especially after he realizes he's been coaxed into a snafu as it were

his character ark is really rather nice actually

>Alternatively: Renfri is Ciri in another life.
pretty much, except no actual superpowers and no plot armor
>>
>>121097042
>This development is completely undone by TW3.
Nah, he sells out to Redania because he believes the continued existence of Temeria and its people is more important than complete sovereignty, while the fact he actually sells out to Redania is retconned he does the exact same thing with Nilfgaard, trading complete sovereignty for the continued existence of a national identity and limited self governance.

Although its a tough one for Ioverth, its more undying love for the ideals and literal love for Saskia than being an underling like Roche.

Roche isn't really an underling by the end of TW2 and most of TW3 either considering he's leading the Temerian resistance in TW3 and makes the decision about what happens to Temeria at the end of TW2.
>>
File: Yen reacting to Geralt's wit.png (616 KB, 671x747) Image search: [Google]
Yen reacting to Geralt's wit.png
616 KB, 671x747
>>121097221
>well roche is a patriot
I think we've had this discussion before but his character in TW2 is much more complex than that. I guess you didn't see my reply last thread.

>so when his king gets murdered under his nose it's oughta make an already driven man focus on nothing but finding his killer
But he does other thing during the game too, also what does that have to do with anything? I can't even tell if you're arguing with me or not.

>I'd say he isn't an underling at that point anymore, but rather temerian batman

>Temerian Batman
>mfw

>and iorveth gets played like a fiddle in TW2, but he's his own man, especially after he realizes he's been coaxed into a snafu as it were
He's Saskia's man.

>pretty much, except no actual superpowers and no plot armor
Renfri had super powers. Prophetic visions and some bizarre magic resistance that made Geralt's signs completely ineffective.
>>
>>121097442
>Nah, he sells out to Redania because he believes the continued existence of Temeria and its people is more important than complete sovereignty, while the fact he actually sells out to Redania is retconned he does the exact same thing with Nilfgaard, trading complete sovereignty for the continued existence of a national identity and limited self governance.
He makes that decision because he learns to value Foltest's blood more than his nation, no longer being confused about the true motives for his patriotism. It's growth. This is all gone in TW3.

>
Roche isn't really an underling by the end of TW2 and most of TW3 either considering he's leading the Temerian resistance in TW3 and makes the decision about what happens to Temeria at the end of TW2.
I'm pretty sure the whole deal is from Dijkstra and Thaler and Roche just does what he's told in that regard after being talked into it by Thaler.

Besides, Foltest doesn't have to be alive for Roche to be devoted to him. You're taking it too literally.
>>
>>121097496
Not him but Temerian batman is a decent term, he uses his father figure and goes on a rampage of revenge to find the killer and also carries out vigilante justice on Dethmold and Henselt.
>>
>>121097496
>He's Saskia's man.
only cause he feels she achieved much more than he ever did and without being forever branded as a murderous whoreson
>>
>>121097686
It sounds more dumb than Broche tbqh. Reminds me of ME2 threads.
>>
File: Stennis.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Stennis.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>121097686
You can turn almost any revenge motivated character into Batman by looking at it that broadly. And that's really the first thing your mind goest o? Read a book, Anon. Besides, Batman does not kill

>>121097751
>and without being forever branded as a murderous whoreson
Exactly. Show them respect, affection, honor, and you'll buy their loyalty more surely than with any amount of gold or titles. Any good ruler knows how to manipulate the rabble in this way.
>>
>>121097863
>Reminds me of ME2 threads
this is a grave insult to this general

pls go and stay go

>>121097496
>Prophetic visions
a shitload of good that did her in the end, eh?

>But he does other thing during the game too, also what does that have to do with anything?
all to further one goal, one desire: avenge his surrogate daddy and ensure temeria survives this crisis
>>
>>121097665
When was the Foltests blood thing established? It was made very clear that Anais was the only hope of Temeria not being split up into smaller states or fully annexed by Redania and Kaedwen, without Roche rescuing Anais and instead going to the Yaruga, Redania and Kaedwen attempt to annex Temeria before the Nilfgaardians push them back across the Pontar (the ending slides make little sense considering TW3 happens tbqh) so it seemed to me that it was more Roche being willing to compromise for the good of the country.

Roche isn't completely happy with the deal but he's still a key player in it, he wasn't just forced into it by Dijkstra and Thaler.
>>
>>121098208
>And that's really the first thing your mind goest o? Read a book, Anon.
well he's not exactly edmont dantes now is he
>>
>>121098208
>Besides, Batman does not kill
Edgy versions of Batman have killed, theres some dobson comic thats just him ranting about how certain authors make Batman gritty and willing to kill people. Even some of the light hearted versions of batman heavily imply he just killed someone.

I'm not the one who called him Temerian Batman, I just said it was decent.
>>
>>121098224
>this is a grave insult to this general
They were all about Garrus being alien Batman tho

>a shitload of good that did her in the end, eh?
>have prophetic visions
>only see your own death
>have no ability to stop it
>you are what you are
jdimsa

>all to further one goal, one desire: avenge his surrogate daddy and ensure temeria survives this crisis
And gets a leg up on its neighbors. Destabilizing Henselt's rule isn't about surviving th current crisis, at least, not directly.
>>
>>121098503
Garrus sort of was alien batman in between ME1 and 2 except he shot more people.
>>
>>121098503
>Destabilizing Henselt's rule isn't about surviving th current crisis, at least, not directly.
actually I've no idea why he tried to do that, do temerians just hate kaedwenis for some reason?
>>
>>121098283
>When was the Foltests blood thing established?
Mostly through subtext.

> It was made very clear that Anais was the only hope of Temeria not being split up into smaller states or fully annexed by Redania and Kaedwen,
If he only cared about Temeria then he'd never do anything but bring her to Natalis. In some TW2 endings he actually has a character arc and learns to value thing besides muh Temeria. Really wish they'd gone with the "Outlaw Roche being dad to Anais" on the run ending because it's pretty much the most appropriate ending to his arc.

>(the ending slides make little sense considering TW3 happens tbqh)
They divide it up then get rapidly overwhelmed by Nilfgaard. No direct contradiction in that regard.
>>
>>121098679
>Garrus sort of was alien batman in between ME1 and 2 except he shot more people.
I know. I like to pretend Roche is a much better character than Garrus though. Don't talk me out of it, please.

>>121098686
>actually I've no idea why he tried to do that
Standing orders and Roche being well established has stubborn and having difficulty switching gears or thinking rationally. Except in TW3 where suddenly Ves is the hothead and Roche is the calm, cool one.

>do temerians just hate kaedwenis for some reason?
Yes. The Northern Realms have fought each other more often and much longer than they ever fought Nilfgaard.
>>
>>121098863
Roche is a much better character than Garrus though. Alien Batman applies far more to Garrus than Temerians Batman does to Roche
>>
>>121098686
>>121098863
Roche had been working on destablising Henselt for a while, it makes sense that he would try to keep the plot running while he's inside Kaedwen.
>>
File: Master Mirror.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Master Mirror.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
Is Gaunter O'Dimm the best RPG antagonist of the past 5 years?
>>
>>121098863
also henselt's death happening anyway AFTER you've dispatched the kingslayers is just an insult to everyone who played TW2, although I guess it's in keeping with witcher theme of everything being fucked no matter what you do, and what can one mutant vagrant do anyway

stennis the menace not getting so much as a mention, too

in the end TW2 might as well be non canon spin off
>>
>>121099324
Plus I guess he's really got nothing else to do because mist and Geralt's handling the whole Kingslayer investigation at that point.

>>121099428
>also henselt's death happening anyway AFTER you've dispatched the kingslayers is just an insult to everyone who played TW2, although I guess it's in keeping with witcher theme of everything being fucked no matter what you do, and what can one mutant vagrant do anyway
It makes perfect sense actually and I laughed when I heard it. Fuck Henselt. It's just smart on Radovid's part too. If you want to win a war with Nilfgaard, you kill Henselt first.

>in the end TW2 might as well be non canon spin off
TW3 wouldn't happen without the events of TW2. TW2 is far more important to TW3 than TW1 was to TW2.
>>
>>121099428
got to keep it accessible to casuals who don't give two shits about the story to make more money.

>>121099361
Yes and I hope he is never reused beyond brief cameos and mentions in lorebooks.
>>
>>121099545
>got to keep it accessible to casuals who don't give two shits about the story to make more money.
Gotta play TW2 to properly appreciate the Witcher's particular variant of Batman, filthy casuals won't get it

>Yes and I hope he is never reused beyond brief cameos and mentions in lorebooks.
I'd be fine with a sidequest or two but he should never be a main antagonist again though you're right
>>
>>121099361
>of the past 5 years?
maybe

nothing will ever trump kerghan though
>>
>>121099694
Any sidequest should be limited to "oh look how much Gaunter fucked someone over", turning him into a dalek-esque super unstoppable villain that is always defeated at the end of the quest/episode would suck.
>>
File: dat Ciri.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dat Ciri.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>Loses her parents
>Goes on a rampage of revenge

If you think about it, Ciri is basically Cintran Batman
>>
>>121099912
I'm not gonna disagree. Just saying him turning up and being involved but never actually overcome or the main focus could be interesting. Could even help the player out once or twice for his own ~mysterious~ purposes.
>>
>>121099913
Batman didn't murder for fun and sport tho
>>
File: lambert.jpg (17 KB, 250x345) Image search: [Google]
lambert.jpg
17 KB, 250x345
>Loses his parents

If you think about it, Lambert is basically Kaedweni Batman
>>
>>121099913
more liek gets raped by a lesbian and engages in petty banditry for a lark
>>
File: witcher3 2015-10-13 00-29-49-98.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-10-13 00-29-49-98.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>loses his parent's money
>goes on a rampage of revenge via intermediaries

If you think about it Olgierd is basically Capitalist Batman
>>
File: Emhyr 2.jpg (63 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Emhyr 2.jpg
63 KB, 512x512
>Loses his parents

If you think about it, Emhyr is basically Nilfgaardian Batman
>>
File: 1437169710185.jpg (156 KB, 583x1000) Image search: [Google]
1437169710185.jpg
156 KB, 583x1000
>Loses her parents
>Goes on a rampage of revenge via acquiring money and screwing people over

If you think about it, Yennefer is basically Sorceress Batman
>>
>>121099697
>kerghan
literally who
>>
>>121101230
underage b& desu
>>
>>121101435
When will the word filter leave us alone?
>>
>>121101558
I find it funny

also mootwo actually filtered cyrillic character variations as well, so he's way more competent at his job than christopher "BBC goes where?" poole
>>
>>121101874
But I want to be a Yenc u c k, not a Yenkek
>>
File: bestest girl.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bestest girl.jpg
297 KB, 1920x1080
>>121102797
wonder if you can be a yencucк
>>
File: Happy Yen 3.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Happy Yen 3.jpg
382 KB, 1920x1080
>>121103441
for showing me this, I forgive you your horrible fashion sense.
>>
Why did Gaunter want to know if Geralt was looking for Yennefer out of love? Do I even want to know why?
>>
>>121103620
you're welcome fâm

ćũćǩ
>>
>>121103943
are you a mage?
>>
>>121104128
tbĥ
cůck
cůcǩ
>>
File: Radovid doing what he does best.jpg (701 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Radovid doing what he does best.jpg
701 KB, 1440x900
>>121104219
BURN HIM
>>
File: 2bmCg4b.png (837 KB, 503x754) Image search: [Google]
2bmCg4b.png
837 KB, 503x754
>>121100424
>implying you wouldn't
>>
>>121104602
Get out of here Iris you are dead
>>
File: dindu nuffin.jpg (364 KB, 2265x1403) Image search: [Google]
dindu nuffin.jpg
364 KB, 2265x1403
What did you do?
>>
>>121105047
KILLING.
MONSTERS.
>>
>>121104460
radovid sucks flaccid ᶜᵘᶜᵏ
>>
I'm want to raise Ciri!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcCO5LvPfTg
>>
>>121105118
kek
>>
>>121105479
small caps are filtered as well, very thorough
>>
>>121105327
She's already been raised
>>
>>121105760
I want to raise her CLITORIS with my GLANS PENIS
>>
File: Ciri being a Sad Daughteru.jpg (57 KB, 457x498) Image search: [Google]
Ciri being a Sad Daughteru.jpg
57 KB, 457x498
>>121106579
pls no
>>
I want to INSERT my GLANS PENIS inbetween BTY's MAMMARIES
>>
>>121107296
SHIT TASTE DESU
>>
File: 1446020527426.jpg (924 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1446020527426.jpg
924 KB, 3840x2160
>>121107296
Stop this...delete....
>>
>>121108005
It's all you're good for now and the sooner you learn that the happier you'll be.

>implying anyone will ever care about you as anything but a pair of oversized udders
>>
how did iris die?
>>
>>121110169
her heart rekt itself from extreme emotional trauma, it's thing that happens, usually to old ladies

maybe you should pay attention to the dialogue
>>
>>121110485
I thought she just starved to death and the whole heart burst from sadness was the animals waxing poetic
>>
>>121112716
both
>>
>>121110485
She got the Padme teatement.
>>
4k?
>>
>>121116267
he is kill
>>
>>121112716
>I thought she just starved to death and the whole heart burst from sadness was the animals waxing poetic
This. She lay in bed unmoving until death because she had no will to live. I was pretty surprised talking to her in the painted world and finding she somehow still loved Olgierd.
>>
>>121116267
>>121116436
He is hard at work on Blood and Wine and pre-development on the Ciri game.
>>
>>121113473
>Iris: Olgierd...you're breaking my heart...
>Olgierd: You turned her against me!
>Gaunter: You have done that yourself!
it's like poetry, it rhymes
>>
File: tearing me apart 2.jpg (419 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tearing me apart 2.jpg
419 KB, 1920x1080
>YOU'RE TEARING ME APART IRIS
>>
>>121116779
I thought he was making an sfm porn pardoy of witcher 2

a thrilling story of love between a witcher and a big witcher
>>
>>121117635
I did not hit her! I did not.. oh hai geralt
>>
File: letho3.jpg (265 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
letho3.jpg
265 KB, 1920x1080
>>121117683
>and a big witcher
>>
File: blossom is fucking disgusted.jpg (4 KB, 93x134) Image search: [Google]
blossom is fucking disgusted.jpg
4 KB, 93x134
>>121117798

>watermark
>on a screencap
>>
>>121117798
yes thank you for explaining my clever riff for those in the cheap seats
>>
>>121117907
4k Anon should start doing that
>>
>>121117683
>marcin making sfm porn
>>
>>121117959
>tfw Marcin has actually paid programmers to make in-engine TW3 porn of BTY Yen and Waterhag Ciri
>tfw he made Denise Gough and Jo Wyatt record a bunch of moans and grunts not telling them why
>tfw the files only exist on his PC
>>
>>121117959
marcin is a dirty boy

all that repressed communist upbringing gave him some wierd ideas about human sexuality
>>
>>121105047
KILLED HIM DEAD
>>
Is Hearts of Stone the best Halloween expansion ever?

>>121118054
>all that repressed communist upbringing gave him some wierd ideas about human sexuality
Explains Sapkwoski's motherhood fixation. Although that's really common in guys all over the place
>>
>>121118040
>the files only exist on his PC
I want them
>>
File: rare Marcin.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rare Marcin.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
>>121118704
You can't have them
>>
I bet Denise Gough gives god tier dirty talk. dem theater girls
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 168

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.