[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gigantic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: gig.jpg (445 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gig.jpg
445 KB, 1920x1080
What does /v/ think of this upcoming game? I think it might be quite good
>>
>>338045253
Now that they have announced that they are dropping the whole Windows 10 exclusivity people might care about it.

I've had fun with the game, but there were some real frustrating aspects. The matchmaking was absolutely terrible, a lot of connection issues and people rage quitting with no consequences made many matches very one-sided. Basically as soon as one team got the upper hand you'd see one or two people from the other team immediately drop out.

I'll give the game another try once it's playable for the general public again.
>>
File: tracer_and_tripp.jpg (336 KB, 742x960) Image search: [Google]
tracer_and_tripp.jpg
336 KB, 742x960
Being free might save it from being overshadowed by the competition.
>>
>>338045753
I didn't get the beta key so I don't know what is it like. I am kind of looking forward to it.
>>
Good art direction and character design.
Thats about all I care about.
>>
>>338046235
If they released it a little bit earlier people wouldn't call it Overwatch clone but now I fear that it will be called that way.
>>
>>338046497
The design is unique and beautiful, so yeah.
>>
>>338046431
Every streamer had a literally infinite supply of beta keys. You could have asked anyone for a key. Most people who streamed on twitch even had in their banners that you could ask for keys.
>>
>>338045253
I want to love it. I want it to be okay but I feel like it's just gonna go belly up at any time.
>>
>>338045253
Can't stand the trifle Disney style of Overwatch and Battleborn is out of the question completely but this looks very, very promising, regarding both style and gameplay (my impression is that you have far more options playing your character, regarding both build and base variety of abilities).

What leaves me with a bellyache is everything apart from the game itself. In the beginning, it was Win 10 exclusive what is a ko-criterion for me as well as many others I assume - and now they are going to have win 7/8 support but on the fucking spyware-infested piece-of-shit arc platform under one of the slimiest publishers there is, with a p2w record that leaves me not very optimistic. Would rather drop 40$ than having it f2p (possibly p2w?) if it meant not having to deal with this shit.

tl;dr: The game itself seems great, far mroe interesting than it's competitors but the marketing/publisher choice is terrible.
>>
>>338046574
It doesn't look or play like Overwatch though. It's not even first person. I'd be more accurate to call it a Battleborn clone or vice versa and even that wouldn't be correct. I'm wondering if all these games even compete for the same audience. Gigantic is also really small and not exactly well known. I doubt very many people give a fuck about it.
>>
File: satisfied imp loli.png (160 KB, 274x286) Image search: [Google]
satisfied imp loli.png
160 KB, 274x286
>>338047558

>Gigantic is also really small

The biggest problem I see with the game is that it doesn't know if it wants to be just another LoL clone with cute teenage girl characters or if it wants to be a furfag's wet dream with a bunch of big anthro characters. It needs to pick which audience it actually desires.
>>
>>338047558
>It doesn't look or play like Overwatch though. It's not even first person.

I can only speak to myself but if I am in the mood for an objective shooter I don't care that much if it is first or third person and if there are minions or not.
I checked BB/OW and Gigantic out and if the former didn't partially/completely fail to meet my expectations I would be playing one of those, simply because they are out (soon) and Gigantic isn't.
>>
>>338046574
It's really more of a Battleborn clone than Overwatch. From the way the characters look to how you choose to level up and dual purpose of currency.
Played the alpha way back and the game is decently fun but I wasn't going to upgrade to windows 10 if it meant having trouble with a bunch of older hentai games and stuff. But even now that it's going to be widely available I don't know how much I trust the devs to not be hardcore nickel and diming you. They're really slow at doing anything on their game but super quick to sell out.
>>
SVEN IS TOP TIER

FUCK LITERALLY EVERYBODY ELSE
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.