[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I played the demo for Batman Arkham City and I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Batman Arkham City.jpg (26 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
Batman Arkham City.jpg
26 KB, 250x310
So I played the demo for Batman Arkham City and I can't stand the controls. People always praise this game and one of the reasons is the combat system. I can't fucking stand it.

I've never played any of the full Arkham games. Just the demo for Arkham City. Does it get better from here or is that demo a good idea of what's to come?

I REALLY want to like this game. I really do. I just don't understand the hype based off of the demo. Gameplay is really important to me but the physics just feels so sluggish and floaty.
>>
>>337461381

bump
>>
File: 552.jpg (16 KB, 800x698) Image search: [Google]
552.jpg
16 KB, 800x698
First of all, why would you start a series from the second game.
Second, you've tried a demo, you didn't like it. What the hell are we supposed to tell you? The full game is gonna the same.
>>
>>337462410

>why would you start a series from the second game
Because I was trying out the gameplay, not the story. Gameplay is most important to me.

>you've tried a demo, you didn't like it. What the hell are we supposed to tell you? The full game is gonna the same.
Well I was thinking that maybe you would get upgrades or learn new combos instead of just tapping the same 2 buttons. I guess I was expecting something similar to Sleeping Dogs in terms of the combat system.
>>
>>337462620
Minor stuff, it's mostly just nailing the timings. There are more progressively enemies that require you to react in specific ways (like those that can't be countered and must be evaded, those that are immune from the front) so it's more than just spamming the basic attack, but if you didn't like the beginning I'm doubtful the situation will change.
Asylum is much more condensed than City, so if you still want to give it a try you should really start with that one. City introduced full open world elements and gets pretty dispersive.
>>
The combat system is one of the most casual and simplistic pieces of shit I have ever encountered in any videogame. It was copied by Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max.

It really is a piece of crap that only Neogafers could defend (and I have seen it: hurr the adrenaline rush durr u feel like batman xD)
>>
>>337461381
>He doesnt play third person games with a controller
>>
>>337465097

I do though.

except for Max Payne because the controller support didn't work and it was honestly just easier with a keyboard
>>
>>337465097
If there's aiming it's unquestionably better with mouse and keyboard. No argument.
>>
Combat is whatever, I enjoy the predator stuff and scaring the piss out of goons. I prefer Asylum to City especially since city lacks scarecrow. But city definitely has better movement options for batman the grapel booster or line launcher even the gliding is great once you know how to chain all his movement together.
>>
>>337465781
>aiming in a beat em up
>>
The combat is easy. If you just try to complete fights, you'll be bored. Aim for flawless fights using lots of gadgets and different special moves, then it's more fun. The predator stuff is better.
>>
>>337461381
>the controls
what?
the controls are fine. you may dislike gameplay like the combat. but that has nothing to do with controls.
soul series ia an example of bad controls.
>>
>>337462620
>Well I was thinking that maybe you would get upgrades or learn new combos instead of just tapping the same 2 buttons
its not just 2 buttons, its 4 face buttons attack, counter, evade, stun, then 3 different double presses for combo enders, destroy equipment etc, then there are like 6-8 different button combos to use all the gadgets in the combos, which is pro teir to get mega XP and look like a badass doing it.
I really like arkham combat apart from the camera angles and a kind of auto lock that fucks up your intended target.
arkham knight they have perfected it with shit loads of gadgets and combo enders that take guys out, and including environment takedowns.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.