[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This studios "games" are pure shit. Why does /v/ defend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Telltale_Games_logo.png (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Telltale_Games_logo.png
22 KB, 400x400
This studios "games" are pure shit. Why does /v/ defend them?
>>
three of their games were good
>>
>>335977830

No they weren't
>>
I don't think anybody here defends them at this point.

Keep in mind they got some serious credibility doing Walking Dead. That means everyone can look at them and say, "Yeah, they treated that property well" and use them to shoehorn their property into their model that's been driven into the fucking ground.

And people love this shit; people who don't think about their video games and don't realize they're doing the same bullshit each game. I know lots of people who love everything Telltale has made thinking it's deep and complex. The casual audience has always been there, it's just way larger now; large enough that you can make a lot of money whereas smaller studios before struggled to survive off shovelware like this.
>>
>>335977676

They make games for well known, well advertised series. Almost everyone recognizes the games are shit. But will still go out and buy their Back to the Future, Lego, Borderlands, Game of Thrones tie in games.

This is why TellTale doesn't even try to make a good game. They sell based on the marketing tie in, not the gameplay.
>>
>>335977676
>Why does /v/ defend them?

i haven't seen a thread doing that since wolf among us and that lasted about 5 minutes after episode 2 came out.
>>
Adventure games are dead. And TellTale is the reason.
>>
>>335977676
Telltale games are modern adventure games. I'm ok with this.
>>
>>335980715
you could literally make an adventure game right now
>>
>>335977878
Sam and Max were great.
>>
>>335980715
>>335980871
There's new adventure games coming out all the time though. Not saying they're all great but no genre of video games has 10/10 games always being pumped out.
http://www.adventuregamers.com/newreleases
>>
File: 1461815388333.png (5 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1461815388333.png
5 KB, 100x100
>>335977676
>/v/ is one person
>even just the majority of /v/ defending this dev, ever

Their first game was interesting and sort of unique at the time, but they used the same engine to make the exact same game with roughly the exact same story and story beats so many times now they've retroactively tainted their earlier games because now whenever I see their engine in action I'm reminded their games are 99% copypaste for cash grabbery.
>>
>>335980871

Anyone can write a book. But it takes some knowledge of coding and a good artist to make an adventure 'game'.

>TellTale

Nevermind. Guess it doesn't take those things after all.
>>
File: tftb intro.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
tftb intro.png
1 MB, 1366x768
A good modern Telltale game uses the source material as a springboard for new ideas, so the first season of the Walking Dead, and Tales from the Borderlands are more interesting than what inspired them.

Some of their other stuff, like Game of Thrones and the second season of the Walking Dead, are more about awkward combat sections and fanservice, so they're actually hindered by what they're trying to build off of.
>>
File: 1398018789569.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1880) Image search: [Google]
1398018789569.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1880
POKER NIGHT 3 WHEN
>>
>>335980715
Plenty on Steam.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.