[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biggest blunder of 2016? And if it's not please explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: latest[1].png (449 KB, 1000x783) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
449 KB, 1000x783
Biggest blunder of 2016? And if it's not please explain why without using
>muh FGC
>muh Evo records
>muh attendance numbers
Because even DmC and RE6 had blind retards eating the shit up, doesn't mean it didn't fail on a majority level.
>>
It's fun.
>>
>>333925614
>Not scrapping Xbone for PC
>>
>Easiest Street Fighter to pick up but has insanely deep mechanics and high ceiling.
>Nobody in the cast just stands clearly as the best, so variety from the getgo in a series that has never really had that
>THREE. FRAME. LINKS.
>No FADC
>NO FADC
>Trials are actually useful for fucking once
>If you account for them, the waifufags are having a blast with the female cast.
>I guess I mean I guess also hot Ryu. Fucking look at those pecs, you can shred cheese on them.
>Its fucking FUN.
>>
>>333925614
>Easiest Street Fighter to pick up but has insanely deep mechanics and high ceiling.

pretty much this
>>
What do you define as blunder? Because to me, the game is fun. I love the mechanics. The only problem is that the game was clearly rush for the Capcom pro tour. Hopefully they'll fix the problems with a patch later down the line.
>>
>>333928484

Probably a financial blunder. The game is selling like shit.
>>
>>333928572
something something DLC
>>
>>333925614
Super Street Fighter V is going to sell more copies because everyone is avoiding vanilla.
>>
>>333928572
Did Sony fund most of it? And I'd imagine the sales would pick up around EVO time once most of the DLC characters are out
>>
>>333928368
>Hot Ryu
>Not Vega

Plebs, the lot of you.
>>
>>333928368
Easiest to pick up? Probably.
Deep mechanics? In comparison to 4 or 3s i'd kind of disagree. It's definitely interesting though.
High skill ceiling? Not really, atleast not that i've seen yet.

>Nobody in the cast just stands clearly as the best, so variety from the getgo in a series that has never really had that
I can agree for the most part, but R.Mika is a thing if you don't know how to deal with 50/50s and not getting knocked down.

>THREE. FRAME. LINKS.
Just means combos are more accessible to new players, and there's no reason to go for the "easy" combo over one that's optimized.

>NO FADC
FADC and Focus attacks weren't a bad thing. Although i wasn't a fan favorite of the who FA system in footsies, it was nice as a combo extension tool.

>Trials are actually useful for fucking once
Useful? yes. Optimized? not even.

>If you account for them, the waifufags are having a blast with the female cast.
Laura is bae. Laura is life.

>I guess I mean I guess also hot Ryu. Fucking look at those pecs, you can shred cheese on them.
Indeed

>Its fucking FUN.
Definitely having more fun with it than sf4 when it came out, even if it is way more straight forward and about as bland.
>>
Why would I ever waste 60 on this game when I could buy KI for less?
>>
>>333929906
because you don't need win10 to run it and you can get it for waaay less than 60 now.
>>
File: street-fighter-5-karin-reveal.jpg (143 KB, 1080x600) Image search: [Google]
street-fighter-5-karin-reveal.jpg
143 KB, 1080x600
>>333929906
Because KI doesn't have OHOHOHOHO
>>
>>333929906
KI is a better game overall but SFV is a far better fighter.
>>
File: you.jpg (9 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
9 KB, 224x225
>>333925614
>>
>>333930216
wat
>>
People who actually play fighting games seem to like it.
>>
>>333929906
Don't. Just enjoy KI.
>>
>KI world tournament had every character in the roster make top 32
>there were characters at Final Round that didn't even make top 50 in SFV
>sfv is now devolving into Nash and Mika as ken and bison mains are dropping them like a hot mic
>people still don't know how to use chun, yet keep insisting that she's the best character in the game. We have yet to see this bitch take a local
>gief is now Tager/Potemkin tier
>karin is too reliant on meter/v-trigger
>bison loses to blocking low because he has no overhead and his cross-up is shit. Also folds under pressure like a beach chair
>cammy's hooligan flatout loses to any shoryuken, but japan thinks she's the only good character in the game because loldivekick
>ditto for ken regarding the divekicks
>ryu's parry has lag, so no hype whatsoever

And above all, this game is boring as all hell to watch. This game is the definition of artificial hype.
>>
>>333929491
Alex Valle still fucks up Ruy's jump-in roundhouse into mp, hp, shoruyken and then CA.

If that guy can't do that shit consistently in SFV after playing Ryu for over 20 years then I'm pretty damn sure some random shmuck on /v/ would have the same problem with execution as well.
>>
>>333925614
Quantum Break on PC. Just like Arkham Knight, it can't be fixed.
>>
>>333931067
>KI world tournament had every character in the roster make top 32
ok
>there were characters at Final Round that didn't even make top 50 in SFV
flat out wrong
>sfv is now devolving into Nash and Mika as ken and bison mains are dropping them like a hot mic
true, those two are disgusting
>people still don't know how to use chun, yet keep insisting that she's the best character in the game. We have yet to see this bitch take a local
ok?
>gief is now Tager/Potemkin tier
he is
>karin is too reliant on meter/v-trigger
meter yeah, but her v-trigger is shit, a 10% combo extension?
>bison loses to blocking low because he has no overhead and his cross-up is shit. Also folds under pressure like a beach chair
he has to have a flaw. his pressure is out of this world, his anti crossup game is okay, just needs meter, like karin
>cammy's hooligan flatout loses to any shoryuken, but japan thinks she's the only good character in the game because loldivekick
what? japan is dickriding ryu and chun hard
>ditto for ken regarding the divekicks
?
>ryu's parry has lag, so no hype whatsoever
wut
>>
>>333931067
>ryu's parry has lag
everything has massive input lag lmaoooooooooooooooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYCW0Dfixv4
>>
>>333931371
At least it has an offline mode.
>>
>>333931384
>flatout wrong
1 bison in top 100. 0 in top 50. Also Snake Eyez lost early as fuck, and he was favored to make top 8 along with Fchamp
>ok?
Theorymon is never good reasoning. Otherwise vanilla gief would be considered bad.
>he needs to have a flaw...he just needs meter
Aka outclassed by Nash considering he has a better pressure game with so many other advantages.
>japan is dickriding ryu and chun
Literally divekick the country. Why do ya think Kaz picked up cammy?
>wut
Ryu's parry is easily punished. Tokido ate a few combos due to its lag
>>
File: 1389005044089.gif (888 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1389005044089.gif
888 KB, 220x220
>still no solution to ragequitting 2 months after release
>still no fix for the horrible netcode 2 months after release
>>
>>333931871
Nash is better than everyone in this game, they need to tone him down. Besides that the balance is pretty much perfect, they just need to remove Mika.

Kazunoko plays cammy because she fits his retarded lolsorandom playstyle

I think people just need to learn the timing on parry, besides this game has severe input lag on EVERYTHING, they need to fix this. Turning vsync off helps but the game starts tearing up so much it's unplayable.
>>
>>333928964

They did. The problem is no one will buy it at $60 even after Evo. And they never will. Game's a fucking trash fire being chugged along on artificial hype and a buttmad community who thinks there's collusion because an MK main player can place top 8 in a tournament as the trickiest character suits his playstyle.

Out of the around 600K sales. 2,000 of them were the people who would pay $600-1000 to fly to Las Vegas every tear anyway. That's still a blunder of the century.
>>
>>333930516
I actually play fighting games. I think its overly simplistic and boring. Gold rank btw.
>>
>>333932131
M8, Nash isn't the best character in the game because he's so good. He's the best because most of the roster is so bad.

You can't say a game is balanced when you have Gigantic Gieftemkin and Alex, the grappler who slams at the force of a single feather. Bison and Karin are flawed as fuck while Ryu is only good because his normals hit twice as hard as akuma's, but still only has a third of the combo length.

Parry is utter shit 90% of the time. Vsync? Nobody that matters plays on PC. It'll always be on in tournaments because you can bet your ass sony has a deal with capcom regarding tournament play. Enjoy your input lag btw
>>
>>333925614
Capcom soured the casual crowd in the last console generation immensely in terms of fighting games.

Street fighter IV:
>Street Fighter II casual nostalgics buy the game in droves,
>Street Fighter has made it into the HD generation.
>Capcom releases a highly complex fighting game without a tutorial
>Casuals don't know how to git gud.
>The only way to do so is to watch tutorials on You Tube

Marvel vs Capcom 3:
>Casuals hyped as fuck to see Ryu punch Wolverine in the face.
>Early interviews and cinematics make it look as though it's going to have a story mode.
>No story
>No tutorial
>Casuals lose interest
>Ultimate releases a few months later

Street Fighter X Tekken:
>Casuals hyped to see Ryu punch Kazuya in the face
>Looks as though the story will involve Jin wanting Ryu for some reason.
>No story
>DLC shenanigans
>Gem BS
>Casuals lose interest

Let's parallel this with Mortal Kombat X:
>Deep tutorial
>Good story mode
>Loads of single player content
>A lot to unlock (in later games Capcom stopped gallery mode)

So now in this generation casuals have learnt their lesson and want nothing to do with Capcom's fighting games. They'd all rather play Mortal Kombat X and Tekken 7.
>>
>>333932604
Meant to say:
>Let's parallel this with Mortal Kombat IX
>>
File: 8719213.jpg (66 KB, 956x631) Image search: [Google]
8719213.jpg
66 KB, 956x631
>>333932497
>>
>I can only enjoy games if they sell well
>>
>>333932604

capcom should know by now that they'll actually get people interested in the game if they put some single player content into the game

MKX's story was silly but I still thought it was pretty well done in the end, especially for fighting game standards. Capcom can't expect to cater to casuals when they don't even release an arcade mode and the story mode is a complete joke
>>
>>333932604
>deep tutorials

I just took a look at KI's tutorial. I shit you not, there's entire sections dedicated to frame data and hitboxes. I'm fairly impressed.
>>
>>333932604
Nail on head. There's a reason SFV is struggling for sales whilst MKX sits on 8 million sales (before XL's release.)

Capcom are left with a much smaller, hardcore playerbase which isn't driving sales and wont make up for the lost casuals. What's worse is how people think that Capcom can survive on their cash shop when the only people left playing are the ones that'll earn enough Fight Money to buy everything for free. The cash shop was there to rake in casual dollars, but casuals stayed the fuck away.
>>
>>333931290
Every week the commentators mock Valle for dropping that shit too, because in a game of easy shit Ryu's is the easiest. You can't mention "The Valle Combos" without clarifying this. Valle will also land a jump in, link two strongs and then fucking jump back.
>>
Game is fun as hell, the most fun in fighting games I've ever had and with the best controls except for maybe KOF13. Each character brings different mechanics from fighting games of the past, which makes them unique and interesting. The game also looks really good if you ever played with action figures as a child.

But it really might end up being a blunder, the playerbase seems so small right now and there are so many people that can't into mindgames who are salty they can't phone it in past Bronze. EVO better be hype as fuck if this game is going to stay alive.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.