[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://blog.dota2.com/2016/03/suppo rting-custom-game-develo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 192.png (2 MB, 680x629) Image search: [Google]
192.png
2 MB, 680x629
http://blog.dota2.com/2016/03/supporting-custom-game-developers/

PAID MODS ARE BACK BOYS
>>
>>330894870
It was only a matter of time.
>>
>>330894870

FATLORD GABEN DOES IT AGAIN.

Cant wait for the Valve defence force like last time

>Its a g...good idea guys because people get money from it!
>>
>Introducing the Custom Game Pass, a new system for supporting and rewarding custom game developers who are committed to building vibrant and lasting communities around their games.

Custom Games Passes will be limited to a small number of high-quality games that have established themselves in the community. Purchasing a pass directly supports the creators of the custom game as well as granting you extra features for that game. All custom games will remain free to download and play.

The first Custom Game Pass will be available for Roshpit Champions at a price of $1 for a 30-day duration. While everyone can play Roshpit Champions for free, the Custom Game Pass will enable additional stash and character slots, and offer multiple perks for the duration of the pass.

Read more in our interview with PC Gamer and some Frequently Asked Questions.
>>
>>330894870
This is nothing like paid mods you retard.

Its going to literally be "Buy this pointless extra to get some custom skin in this game mode".

Who fucking cares.
>>
>>330895008
So basically cheap ass expansion packs
>>
> All custom games will remain free to download and play.
>>
File: 1429858353580.jpg (260 KB, 1698x640) Image search: [Google]
1429858353580.jpg
260 KB, 1698x640
>>
>>330895142
It's a pay-to-have-a-slight-advantage subscription for custom games.
>>
>>330895123
> the Custom Game Pass will enable additional stash and character slots, and offer multiple perks for the duration of the pass.

Very first month starts with extra inventory space in a coop rpg type game. Expect full blown pay to win in the future.
>>
>>330895008
>a custom map from a paid game became a free game with custom maps that have pay 2 unlock features
How deep this rabbit hole goes?
>>
>>330895123
>it's only Horse Armor!
>muh slippery slope
We danced to this song before.
>>
>>330894870
>All custom games will remain free to download and play.
>paid mods
>>
>>330896398
You can buy the horse, you just don't get the armor.
>>
Not again you fat fuck. When will he learn?
>>
If to understand something you need to read more than two lines of text, and it can't be summarized in a meme of 5 words or less 4chan will not understand it.
>>
>>330898210
I'm waiting for the release of the tl;dr version, because I'm doing more important shit than reading news about F2P vidya.
>>
>>330898392
In the meanwhile, while you haven't fully figured out the situation, be sure to comment as much and as harshly as possible to fit in.
>>
>>330898590
>I'm waiting
Seems you can't read. I'll keep waiting then.
>>
>>330898392
But apparently not more important than posting about it.
>>
Looks more like pay-to-win for alternate game modes.

Which is kind of stupid but it's not "paid mods" stupid.
>>
File: 5t0rn1w9.jpg (12 KB, 240x224) Image search: [Google]
5t0rn1w9.jpg
12 KB, 240x224
>>
File: 1454375666734.jpg (251 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454375666734.jpg
251 KB, 1280x720
aaand finally uninstalled it. final fucking straw.

good riddance.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.