[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/'s take on Kingdoms of Alamur?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
What's /v/'s take on Kingdoms of Alamur?
>>
>>330679518
>every weapon essentially the same mashing shit
>the blandest kind of fantasy world
>map is just very tiny circular areas connected with each other through narrow corridors
>repetitive
>shit main questline and even shittier sidequests
>literally an offline MMO
>ugly as fuck UI
>ugly as fuck artstyle

garbage
>>
The definition of average.
>>
Really average game, very nice OST.

Grant Kirkhope was wasted on this. It's a shame.
>>
>>330679768
This
>>
>>330679768
/thread at first post
>>
>>330679518

A shitty mmorpg you can only play alone.
>>
I've finished it recently. At first seems like really good, but then you stop to care and just go for main quest to end it already.
>>
>>330679518
It's fun, the combt carries the game, but the DLC is honestly where all the elements of the game start to come together.
Faction quests and the main plot were the best part.
>>
decent action RPG and the closest thing we have to an actual sequel to Fable 1.
>>
Single player MMO
>>
>>330680425
Kinda feel like this.
Anyway, Kingdoms of Amalur is a better game than vanilla Skyrim.
>>
It's very pretty and has an interesting premise. I love fae as a concept and wish more games would implement more English and Scottish creatures and legends. The lore is well done, and kind of stands out in the rest of the game.

The reason I say that is because everything else is terrible mediocre. The story, the characters (of which only two I can remember, and I can't remember their names, either) the music, just about everything. The combat is good, but in a serviceable kind of way: it's not the main draw of the game, even though you spend most of your time running around or fighting creatures.
>>
>>330680469
Fable 1 wasnt this boring.
>>
File: shiling.jpg (33 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
shiling.jpg
33 KB, 600x450
>>330679518
Curt Schilling's epic Rhode Island ruse cruise
>>
>>330680590
This right here. It's got all of the grind native to an MMO, but no multiplayer, none of the stuff that makes grind bearable and worthwhile.
>>
>>330680720
Which isn't saying much.
>>
Did this game have free mouse aim or was it classic mmo click-and-drag?
Because I fucking hate click and drag.
>>
>buy an xbone controller for PC
>think I'll try it out on this game since I never played it yet
>controller worked for first few minutes, then slowly fucked up more and more
>eventually became unresponsive
>look up the problem
>Kingdoms of Amalur bugs out with xbone controllers specifically
Well fuck me, my luck can't get any worst then that
>>
spent an hour on the character creation. spent 30 minutes in the game. dropped it.
>>
It has incredibly shallow gameplay for something with massive skilltrees.
I fucking love wonky rpgs but it just doesn't have enough depth and/or fun for me to really enjoy it past 6 hours or so

Every time I'd get about that far, do a slightly boring quest and just never gonna play it again.

Then I'd redownload and get the same experience, probably gonna do that again now actually
>>330680815
>It's very pretty and has an interesting premise. I love fae as a concept and wish more games would implement more English and Scottish creatures and legends. The lore is well done, and kind of stands out in the rest of the game.
Yeah this

There's some cool concepts for lore there but the game is so fucking bland that they aren't worth it.

And all the lore is just notes or audiotapes (stones)
>>
average but quite fun

don't expect much variety though

although some of the boss fights (all 3 of them) are decent
>>
>>330681156
The FOV was shit so I just used a controller.
Combat is basically Dark Souls lite
>>
worth a playthrough as a hybrid class
>>
I liked it. It's like what the Fable series should have worked towards playing like instead of what we got. I'll agree that it's too MMO-ish, though I understand why.
>>
File: 1287583628726.jpg (75 KB, 640x475) Image search: [Google]
1287583628726.jpg
75 KB, 640x475
What is the best class?
>>
>>330679518
5/10 if ratings were accurate
>>
>>330681841
too easy for it to matter

but faeblades were incredibly broken
>>
>>330682057
Sounds like a rouge.
>>
>>330679518
This game is the textbook example of bigger isn't always better.
>>
>>330681381
>>
>>330681841
play a hybrid for maximum funsies
>>
>>330680425
this

its one of those games that set up the foundation for a really good sequel, but rip that
>>
>>330679768
/thread
>>
>>330679518
Tried it when I came out and dropped it after an hour. I thought it was incredibly average in every single aspect. Maybe the game picks up later but I didn't care enough to find out
>>
>>330679768
I could forgive all of that if the level scaling didn't make the game so boring.
>>
i liked it , it was fun
>>
>>330679518
if you can handle the bland, then its a long ass bland
>>
The biggest problem is that it's a single player MMO. Every other complain people have is derivative.
If the game had multiplayer then we could talk about how maybe the combat needs some tweaks or how the writing needs to be improved or whatever.
Would anyone play WoW if it was a single player game?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.