[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This man has done more for gaming than anyone else in the industry,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: gaben_mile_large_100.gif (668 KB, 2800x2800) Image search: [Google]
gaben_mile_large_100.gif
668 KB, 2800x2800
This man has done more for gaming than anyone else in the industry, Why do some people hate him?
>>
People think they understand the gaming market and cast opinions when they know nothing. You see it in every market.
>>
>>345462423
That greedy fuck has completely ruined the industry by turning into gamling instead of gaming.
>>
He also weighs more than anyone else in the industry.
>>
Valve would be the most anti consumer gaming company ever it wasn't for EA, Ubisoft and Nintendo.
>>
>>345462985
How is gambling a problem? You can make money and buy free games.
>>
People say he is greedy, even though every business owner in history is greedy because money runs everything. Either make money, or the business can't run, that's how it works.
>How dare he want more money for his company!
>You need money to run companies?
Idiots.
>>
>>345462423
>only "games" are repackaged formerly free mods made by fans sold for full price and a cut and paste of a warcraft 3 map
>gouge the fuck out of all pc non-ea and blizzard games by 30%
>have a monopoly on pc gaming stores
>is gamestop 2.0
>pc gaming is shit and all they get are console hand me downs that run like shit and need overpriced pcs just to match consoles
>all pc communities die within a month due to piracy, no mods allowed anymore and rampant cheating
>all pc versions sell about 10% of the console sales of the same title, leading to smaller userbases that die for above reasons that much faster

Valve doesnt even make games and all they are is internet walmart for games.
>>
>Set up a DRM machine that kills off the chance of getting physical copies of games.
>Proceeds to add movies, indie games and pre-released titles to his service with no way of filtering them out

truly he is the hero we needed
>>
>>345463569
>>pc gaming is shit and all they get are console hand me downs that run like shit and need overpriced pcs just to match consoles
Opinion discarded due to ignorance.
>>
>>345463251
>not publicly traded
>allows refunds
>cheaper games / sales

how are they anti-consumer again?
>>
>>345462423
I'd say he's done more 'to' gaming rather than more for gaming. That way you don't imply everything he's done was for the benefit of gaming instead of for his own benefit.
>>
>>345463569
next time, dont make it so obvious you are a butthurt console peasant
>>
File: Gamling.jpg (46 KB, 313x384) Image search: [Google]
Gamling.jpg
46 KB, 313x384
>>345463269
He said gamling, not gambling, stupid
>>
Why do people say that Steam doesn't think for it's costumers when I bought Psychonauts for less than a buck? You can also get triple A games for like 60% of the console price.
>>
File: 1461735328506.jpg (76 KB, 960x836) Image search: [Google]
1461735328506.jpg
76 KB, 960x836
>>345463569
>t. mad sony pony
>>
>>345462423
Because he's planting the seed to gamble in 12 year olds.
>>
>>345464990
Maybe because...
>muh consoles are bettuh and u nid ovapriced PC to play gaemz
Honestly, if you can stand having mid-to-low FPS you should be fine playing even in a toaster.
Or maybe because it gives indie devs the chance to rip off or cuck the players?
>>
>>345462423
HL3
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.