[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SONY DOES IT AGAIN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Psp.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2180) Image search: [Google]
Psp.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2180
Hey guys

Sony just released their PS1 Mini and it has over 30 games

You can play all PS1 games on it, not only that, it can play games from other systems.
>>
>>345010807
I kek'd.
>>
Sad
>>
>>345010807
I bought some grapes but they are really sour
>>
I'd buy a rerelease of a PS1 or 2. I don't like buying used consoles. Especially since I had 6 PS2s as a kid.
>>
>>345010807
JUST
>>
>>345010807
YOU CAN NOW PLAY THOSE GAMES THROUGH HDMI!!!
>>
>>345010807

It'll still sell more than the vita.
>>
It's exactly like that except:
>PSP costs 4x as much
>PSP didn't originally include PS1 support, initial support was spotty at best and basically required a modded PSP(POPSloader).
I'm not even sure if the PSP supports all PS1 games properly even *now.*
>PSP had absolute shit ergonomics("the claw")
>Homebrew originally required old firmware which was usually incompatible with new retail games so you sometimes had to choose between one or the other
>>
>>345013672
Just try FFIX on the PSP. It's... a painful experience.
>>
>>345015435
The game plays poorly or the controls are physically painful?
>>
>>345013672
How can the psp play all PS1 games? Do you have to buy digital copies?
>>
>>345015772
It's a bad mix between loading times of the original release plus graphical slowdowns not present in the original.

So it's even slower. Not kidding here.
>>
>>345015917
You can directly convert them.

The PSP has the proper hardware to run PS1 games natively, only there's a few issues here and there.
>>
>tfw my psp has more NES games than the mini
nintendo blown the fuck out.
>>
>>345015917
Sony made a pretty good PS1 emulator for it
The official way is to buy the games from the online store, but someone made a program that will convert basically any PS1 game into the emulator format
You need a "hacked" psp for this, but that's really easy to do now
>>
>>345015917
The PSP has a built in PS1 loader thing that has a memory card manager and a way to configure the controls somewhat so you can remap the non-existent second joystick to something else. Sony sells some PS1 games through the store but the more popular method was to take a PS1 ISO and convert it to a PSP EBOOT. They show up in the memory card menu under the games.
>>
>>345016192
Wrong, they just made a good emulator
>>
>>345016310
>They show up in the memory card menu under the games.
They show up under the games menu in the memory card rather. I think I got the order wrong.
>>
>can't play Pokemon Go on it
trash
>>
>>345012309
But you still bought the grapes :o)
>>
>more console war shit

How poor is the average /v/ goer that they don't own multiple platforms?
>>
who wants to play old games. Literally kill yourself. Remaster station goy.
>>
>>345010807
>No L2/R2 buttons
>no original controller, the only stick you have is pure trash
>I don't even know if it can do multiplayer
>modding a Wii gives you more than all that anyway, and if you only take into account legitimate purchases the argument falls apart
Sodomynation
>>
>>345015976
Did you make your own version or was it the PSN version?

When I played my own converted version in like 2009 I don't remember there being any issues like that.
>>
>Sony fags have resorted to this

I bet you're extra mad the 4th exclusive Monster Hunter is out on 3DS tomorrow too
>>
>>345012569
just get the last released version, that shit was so mass produced you can find ones that have barely been used at all. I have a Psone that sat unused so long it doesn't even have yellowed foot pads.
>>
>>345010807
The NES mini isn't a good thing retard.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.