[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the MST3K of videogames?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: MSTK3K.jpg (24 KB, 430x285) Image search: [Google]
MSTK3K.jpg
24 KB, 430x285
What is the MST3K of videogames?
>>
>e-celebs
>>
Time splitters 2 and 3
>>
>>343754060
Classic game room. Especially the ORIGINAL run from 2000. Very similar vibe
>>
>>343754060
There's lots of people that talk over video games, but I suppose there isn't as many that specifically choose bad games to play and make fun of.

Gaming Garbage by Lowtax is an obvious choice cause he actually had a Mike Nelson in a few episodes. However, I doubt many people here like Lowtax and his co-host was extremely annoying until he left.

Charliewinsmore (formerly Charliezzz) also plays some bad games just to make fun of them, and although I like him I don't think the Twitch streaming format helps his comedy much.
>>
>>343754060
Idk, but you can go fuck yourself for making me think about MST3K being rebooted with Patton Oswalt and Felicia Day.
>>
>>343754060

Game Grumps or Angry Videogame Nerd?
>>
>>343754503
No fucking way...
>>
>>343755463
If you don't know about it, don't even look it up. Just pretend like it isn't there, like domestic abuse.
>>
old retsupurae
>>
>>343755673

I looked it up expected some sort of cynical scummy network exec crap and instead found Joel Hodgson is behind it.

I don't care what anyone says, I've always thought MST3K got better and better as more and more of the founding people for the show left.
>>
>>343756362
I agree for the most part but Trace was objectively better than Bill as Crown.
>>
>Host consumes shitty old movies for comedic purposes
>Crappy, low-budget skits to frame the featured movie

Replace "movie" with "game" and you have AVGN
>>
Let's Play
>>
>>343757189
They each have their places. I liked the overall dynamic when both Mike and Frank were around best, but I think I like Bill's Crow over Trace's. I'm willing to admit that could well be because I started watching during the Sci-Fi years.

>>343756362
As someone who far prefers the Mike episode style (fully scripted) to the Joel style (rough script with ad-libbing) I'm really afraid of what will come of the new episodes, but I'm willing to give them a chance.
>>
>>343755764
Of course. This too: http://lparchive.org/Sonic-The-Hedgehog-2006/
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.