[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Arthas portrayed as the dick here? He's totally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 30
File: wc3.jpg (430 KB, 1272x1002) Image search: [Google]
wc3.jpg
430 KB, 1272x1002
Why is Arthas portrayed as the dick here?

He's totally in the right. All those people are about to become undead, why wouldn't he slay them and put them out of their misery?
>>
File: quarantine.jpg (234 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
quarantine.jpg
234 KB, 1920x1080
>it's ok when Big Boss does it!
>>
>>343168237
killing is bad, m'kay?
>>
>>343168460

>tfw this is the only inside mission in the entire game
>>
File: 1461779504181.webm (372 KB, 369x595) Image search: [Google]
1461779504181.webm
372 KB, 369x595
>>343168237
Glad you could bake it, Uther.

Watch your tone with me, boy. You may be the waiter, but I'm still your superior as a chef.

As if I could forgetti. Listen, Uther, there's something about the plaguette you should knead. Oh no... It's too late. These peopleroni have all been infectedanana. They may look al dente now, but its a matter of thyme before they turn into the unedible.

What?!

This entire citrella must be peeled.

How can you even cook that? There's got to be some other whey.

Damn it, Umami. As your future chef, I order you to broil this city!

You are not my chef yet, boyardee. Nor would I obey that command if you were!

Then I must consider this an act of seasoning.

Seasoning? Have you sauced your mince, Arthas?!

Have I? Lord Umami, by my right of succession and the sovereignty of my crown of roast pork, I hereby rehydrate you from your commandard and suspenderoni your pepperoni from service.

Arthas, you just can't...

*Ding* It's done! Those of you who have the will to taste this flan, follow me. The rest of you? Get out of my kitchen.

You've just tossed a terrible salad, Arthas.

Jaina?

I'm sorry, Arthas. I can't watch you cook this.
>>
>>343168237
Because they're still technically human and it would still be akin to slaughtering your own citizens, regardless of what they're about to become.

If I was in the same position, I would do the same thing. But it still wouldn't make me sleep easier at night.
>>
Why is this game so fucking hard? The campaign is completely kicking my ass.
>>
>>343168880

It pains me to see how they destoryed Arthas in order to make him another Anakin
>>
File: brklsprnt.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
brklsprnt.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
>>343168684
I am appreciating this quite a bit.
>>
>>343168956
I'm terrible at rts and i still beat wc3 and FT. You can do it anon.
>>
>>343168237
>Why is Arthas portrayed as the dick here?
because he completely sperged out and started freaking out at Uther instead of breaking down what the problem was
>>
>>343168237
>He never waged war against powerful necromancers, Uther did
>Surprisingly killing people doesn't stop someone from raising them again
>We can see stratholme in the game, Arthas was wrong
Quarantine and forcing them to fight against each other to reduce undead numbers was the only right choice
Burning city and hoping that no stray necromancer will came across in the next 100 years was retarded
>>
>>343170524
>quarantine
Pretty sure Mal'Ganish teleported them all out once they turned to zombies
>>
>>343170524
>We can see stratholme in the game, Arthas was wrong
Straholme in game became this way after Arthas came back and conquered the nation. His "burn down everyone" plan actually worked.
And yes, destroying the bodies and burning them does actually prevent necromancers from raising them again.
Also Uther has never before fought necromancers, get your lore right.
>>
>>343169826

This

>UTHER WE MUST KILL FUCKING EVERYONE TO SAVE THEM
>Thats a pretty insane plan Arthas, are you fucking crazy?
>NO WE MUST IF YOU DONT FOLLOW ME YOU ARE DISMISSED
>>
File: hopkinggreenfrog.jpg (54 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
hopkinggreenfrog.jpg
54 KB, 499x499
>>343168460
>big boss
>>
>>343169826
This.
>>
>we have to kill these people to save them

sounds like a dick move to me
>>
>>343170680
Arthas actually directly explains the whole Tainted Grain>People become zombies thing.
Uther just went into full denial because his moralfaggotry was more important to him than actually saving people, if Arthas hadn't purged Stratholme all the people that hadn't been infected and were still saveable would have been murdered by the zombies.
>>
>>343170617
Not a big problem, city is still intact
>>343170669
>And yes, destroying the bodies and burning them does actually prevent necromancers from raising them again.
Nope, it doesn't
Zombie->skeleton->spirit
Without powerful paladins and priests to bless land any necromancer can always find shit to raise
>Also Uther has never before fought necromancers, get your lore right.
Death knights in the warcraft 2, Uther personally dealt with them and shit they raised
>Straholme in game became this way after Arthas came back and conquered the nation. His "burn down everyone" plan actually worked.
Half of his first army came from there, when he only started "conquering the nation".
Fucking insane arthasfags
>>
>>343169826
>>343170680

All three people were at fault, Arthas the least - he did say they'll turn into the undead - and Uther the most.

Uther could've actually oppose Arthas, but instead he just thrown a fit about it.
A paladin that walked away with the knowledge that Stratholme will be culled - holy my ass.
Jaina the useless cunt, she understood the importance of it but bitched out in the crucial moment where Arthas required someone to lean back on and ran away abandoning him to carry that weight alone and go insane under it.
And Arthas just for being too rash with his words there.
>>
>>343170767

But this was a "we have to kill these people to save others". Which makes sense.
>>
>>343169826
That's actually a good point. He never really explained to Uther what he was doing. Arthas just wanted to exert control over Uther. It was the same thing with Frostmourne, where he just wanted power regardless of the consequences.
>>
>>343170767
They were basically already dead, he saved them from the fate of being undead
bretty good for me 2bh
>>
>>343170851
>Nope, it doesn't
>Zombie->skeleton->spirit
Can't raise a "spirit" from a destroyed skeleton, a spirit is the enslaved soul which is already gone by the skeleton stage, its like you have literally never played this game.

>>343170851
>Death knights in the warcraft 2,
Are not necromancers, they are warlocks they have absolutely nothing to do with necromancy.

>>343170851
>Half of his first army came from there, when he only started "conquering the nation".
Have you never actually played the campaign or something? The very first Undead mission is Arthas having to sneak into the city to find graveyards to raise from, he didn't have a army when he started.
At least play the fucking game you're talking about.
>>
>>343168684
>*ding* It's done!
Lost it hard
>>
>it's a 'anons side with villain who was clearly in the wrong' thread

he ain't no adachi friend
>>
>>343170961
>He never really explained to Uther what he was doing.
Actually he did directly explain his plan to him and why he needed to do it, Uther didn't even reject his plan because it didn't work, he rejected it because he preferred sitting it out.
>>
>>343170995
>Can't raise a "spirit" from a destroyed skeleton
lol
>Are not necromancers, they are warlocks they have absolutely nothing to do with necromancy.
It's no use to argue with delusional arthasfag
>>
>>343171043
He was right until he decided to follow Mal'ganis
>>
>>343168237

Because he snapped at everyone for having reservations about slaughtering the city. Honestly though he's only big mistake is the Northrend expedition, beginning to end was him being an idiot.
>>
I like how this game is 14 years old and people are still arguing if sudden autism attack that Arthas had was a good thing.
>>
>>343170961
>>343171054

Indeed, there is no possible way to see Uther's actions as anything but the moves of a total bitch.

>hurr im too holy for this
>im gonna leave you here to kill these people undisturbed but when I tell your dad about this I'm sure he'll spank you

I'm just glad we get to swarm down the holy bitch later, and then piss in his ashes later in WoW
>>
Yes, yes. Letting them being turned into slaves of the undead would have been so much nicer.

You guys are fucking retarded.
>>
>>343171191
>lol
Go ahead and play the game and try to have your necroamncer units raise something from destroyed skeleton units. I wait for you to come back.
>>
>>343168560
the mission where you have to capture the robot arm developer features interiors
>>
>>343171302
Necromancers couldn't raise shit from on the map graveyards too, retard:)
>>
>>343168956

On hard mode this game gets brutal.

I've been replaying this and I'm not looking forward to trying to beat the Hyjal mission, that final undead mission where you summon Archimonde was bullshit enough.
>>
>>343168560
The very first mission is inside
>>
>>343171286
They are undead slaves
Check stratholme in the wow, half of the bosses are original citizens
Arthas never dealt with necromancers in his live and his plan(lol let's destroy city it will work 100%) was retarded, almost as retarded as arthasfags
>>
The only time when Arthas was wrong/insane was when he ordered to burn down his ships n kill mercs.
>>
>>343171391
Except thats a thing we actually see happen in the game, but your "raising 'spirits' from skeletons" only happens in your delusional mind.
>>
>>343171460

So why the plague when they can just raise anyone then anon?
>>
>>343171460
>Arthas never dealt with necromancers in his live
>who is Kel'thuzad
>>
>>343171496
Because plague both increases your forces and decreases the enemy's
>>
>>343171460
>half of the bosses are original citizens
They're not? Certainly not people that died during the purge.
You do realise quite a lot of people survived in stratholme, right? You literally see them in the sequence right after the mission, the city only really falls during Athars conquest with the Scourge.

>>343171460
>Arthas never dealt with necromancers in his live
>"What is basically the entire first half of the human campaign"
>>
>>343168237
>Why is Arthas portrayed as the dick here?
>He's totally in the right.
He might have been but he was too shit of a leader to convince Uther/Jania he was and chasing after Mal'Ganis showed that he wasn't bothered after how the people of Lorderon were doing at that point, he just cared about how Mal'Ganis was stealing "his" people.
>>
File: Glad you could bake it, Uther.jpg (9 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
Glad you could bake it, Uther.jpg
9 KB, 205x205
>>343168684
>>
>>343171496
because mass raising is easier
By the way after you got plague no matter what you do(even if you burn yourself) you still will be raised, this is why it was so terrifying
>>343171482
No, we don't
Only in scripted events
>>343171558
Guy who won against him because everything worked as he planned?
>>
>>343171694
>No, we don't
>Only in scripted events
>No we don't, except when we do.
Genius argumentation 10/10.
>>
>>343168237
What does the Paladin code dictate?
>>
>>343171694
>Guy who won against him because everything worked as he planned?
Doesn't mean he didn't deal with necromancers. If Uther wasn't a faggot over Stratholme Kel'thuzad would still be rotting in a grave.
>>
>>343171610
>They're not? Certainly not people that died during the purge.
> Barthilas was among those innocents purged by Arthas and his forces during the Culling of Stratholme. The Lich King eventually raised the former magistrate from the grave and commanded the hulking undead monstrosity to guard his ruined home.
Another example how Arthasfags never care about facts, only about their feelings
But you won, I'm leaving
>>
>>343168237
if you read the arthas book there is more dialogue.. basically they couldn't tell who was infected and who wasn't so he was going to kill everything assuming everyone was infected

>tfw little jimmy didn't eat the bread that day but oh well hes gonna die cause they don't know how the plague works
>>
>>343171841
>Adult and reasonable approach is now being a faggot
Sorry, I will always side with guy who actually waged war against necromancers than with some retarded prince who thinks that killing people will stop necromancers from raising them
>>
>>343171928
>one guy is half the bosses
Utherfags are as delusional as the loser they worship.
>>
>>343172062
> The Culling of Stratholme claimed the lives of innumerable people whose only crime was being in the doomed city. A traveling singer and piccolo player named Forresten was one such victim. He continues to wander the city in death, unable to accept his tragic fate.
:)
>>
>>343172037
>>Adult and reasonable approach is now being a faggot
He literally pussied out. The adult and reasonable approach would have been telling Arthas why his plan doesn't work (of course he couldn't because factually Arthas plan did work, there were no necromancers to raise people in stratholm besides Mal'ganis), Uther instead just went "Y-You c-can't do that you mean boy" and pissed off like a 12 year old.
>>
>>343171694
>Only in scripted events
So basically, in the game? Fucking retards, I swear.
>>
>>343172118
I guess I can't expect a Utherfag to have the concentration to actually play a run through Stratholm to realise how many bosses there are actually in it.
>>
>>343172178
>because factually Arthas plan did work
see>>343172118
>>
>>343168978
>It pains me to see how they destoryed Arthas in order to make him another Anakin
>Warcraft 3 is older than episode 3
>>
>>343172298
How does the fact that Arthas came back months later and raised a bunch of people negate that his plan worked at that point in time?
>>
>>343172298
How exactly is that proof it didn't work? Arthas getting corrupted in Northrend and undoing all the work he did doesn't mean that he never did any good to begin with. Action and inaction both lead to death, but the culling lead to less death and was the one Arthas chose.
>>
>>343172298
Considering that Arthas has actually fought necromancers several times by that point and knows how raising undeads works, and even Uther not even arguing about if Arthas plan works, I take the word of the two characters in the story that actually know how this shit works over your headcanon thanks.
>>
>making more corpses will surely stop necromancers
arthasfans
>>
File: fixpls.jpg (17 KB, 291x285) Image search: [Google]
fixpls.jpg
17 KB, 291x285
>>343172118
>tfw making people dance in IF with the flute
>>
>>343172640
>tfw people still get mad in 2016 when you do it in the auction house
>>
File: 1450721116085.jpg (29 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
1450721116085.jpg
29 KB, 300x240
>>343172610
>>
>>343172298
But Arthas came back later with a powered up Scourge to raise all that. It doesn't prove that he did anything wrong when he was still living.
>>
>>343170995
>>Death knights in the warcraft 2,
>Are not necromancers, they are warlocks they have absolutely nothing to do with necromancy.
they literally cast raise dead you absolute retard
>>
>>343171460
>>343171694
>>343172118
>>343172298
Are you guys kinda conveniently neglecting that Uther was there in the aftermath of the Culling?
If there was something Arthas didn't know to do but Uther did to prevent rising, Uther could have easily done it.
>>
>>343172662
?>>343170669
>And yes, destroying the bodies and burning them does actually prevent necromancers from raising them again.
>>
>>343172735
>If there was something Arthas didn't know to do but Uther did to prevent rising, Uther could have easily done it.
Like what? Bless fucking entire city?
>>
>>343172747
Where did I move any goalposts? The entire argument was about Arthas doing the right thing and preventing further spread of the plague and preventing the zombies from eating the not-infected.
Which is exactly what happened and burning bodies does prevent raising them from undeat.
>>
>>343172118
>using wowshit as a legitimate argument of Warcraft 3 lore

:)
>>
>>343168460
>no option to salute your men back
god damn you kojima
>>
>>343172795
>Like what? Bless fucking entire city?
Well, what was his genius plan otherwise that would have been so much better than what Arthas did in your mind? Just let them turn all of Straholme into zombies and shrug with the shoulders?
>>
>>343172658
>alt tab
>hear the music
>>
>>343171474
>The only time when Arthas was wrong/insane was when he ordered to burn down his ships n kill mercs.
It's like you don't even read history, Cortez proved with the conquest of the Aztecs that removing your path of retreat is a dangerous gamble but it can pay off massively, Arthas had the scourge on the ropes and was determined to finish them before they had a chance to regroup, but his father tried to take the army back out of ignorance. Drastic measures were necessary to keep momentum going and shifting the blame to some mercenaries was a stroke of evil genius, nothing binds people together more than a common enemy and Arthas couldn't trust his people to stick with him after learning that he'd destroyed their path home so he went full Machiavelli and removed an obstacle whilst remaining blameless.
It was also a good way of showing how desperate he had become on his personal vendetta.
>>
>>343172870
Having city intact and someone who didn't turn into zombies fight against them would be better than "lol let's make new giant graveyard, if you don't make giant graveyards necromancers win"
>>343172819
Really?
>>And yes, destroying the bodies and burning them does actually prevent necromancers from raising them again.
But now it didn't and you just ignore it
Typical arthas fag
>>
>>343172906
This. Had he been actually supported on his crusade to Northrend, he would have destroyed the Lich King and probably would never have needed to pick up Frostmourne. Uther was a fool that lacked the strength to do what must be done. In fact, I find it ridiculous that they made him some sort of a saint, when being a paladin is all about doing the right thing, even if the right thing is a difficult thing to do. On that day in Stratholme he failed as a paladin, not Arthas, he fell much later, mostly thanks to the weak moral fiber of his companions that deserted him.
>>
Uther has always been the wrong one

>doesn't help Arthas defeat the orc cultists, resulting in numerous human sacrifices
>refuses to help Arthas purge Stratholme
>when Arthas finally goes evil and Uther is finally obviously justified in doing something, he instead has his paladins go against Arthas one at a time, until he is the only one left

All of Warcraft 3 could have been prevented if Uther wasn't a complete dumbfuck.
>>
He is portrayed as a dick because he acted like a dick, despite being right. How can this fly over people's head?
>>
>>343173037
>Having city intact and someone who didn't turn into zombies fight against them
Except no such person would have still been alive if they had waited, that was the fucking problem.

>>343173037
>"lol let's make new giant graveyard,
They burned the corpses, there was no "graveyard" and there weren't any Necromancers left anyway.

>>343173037
>But now it didn't and you just ignore it
But it did? WTF are you talking about?
>HUR they didn't get literally every single body in the wake of this mass slaughter that proves undead are literally utterly invincible and nothing can be done to prevent raising despite the fact literally everyone knows it works that way and even uther was there to oversee it.
>>
File: 1268165889097.jpg (42 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
1268165889097.jpg
42 KB, 600x404
>>343168684
>suspenderoni your pepperoni
>>
>>343173224
It's pointless to argue with Utherfags, they're as delusional and stubborn as their patron saint.
>>
>>343173081
Uther has the best quate in warcraft 3 though.
Uther: "The urn holds your father's *ashes*, Arthas! What, were you hoping to piss on them one last time before you left his kingdom to rot?"
>>
>>343168237
Honestly in a real world situation Arthas was the best choice and course of action.

Uther nor Jiana nor anyone else knew who the hell was infected all they knew was that there was a significant amount of the population that was going to turn undead within the next day if not at that very night.

Furthermore, as a Paladin Uther should have been the one to take more initiative to preserve peace anyway. Don't Paladins have connections with priests and other holy figures by nature? That would have worked as well.

Ultimately it came down to the fact that Uther was fucking stupid because his only solution in his mind was to literally let the city consume itself inside out and hope people come running out and those people aren't also infected.

Jiana was downright fucking stupid and useless throughout this whole scene.

Arthas, while admittedly his decision was extremely brash and bold was the only readily available option that would have had the least amount of impact to the nation.

Honestly it's hard not to blame that whole situation on Uther being a fucking retard.
>>
>>343168560
I knew from GZ that TPP would have almost no interiors like previous MGS games.
>>
>>343173380
DK Arthas is best Arthas. Excellent sense of humor and all that bravado. It always surprised me, just how memorable and charismatic the supposedly mindless undead was in Warcraft 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytZJwPW2m1g
>>
>>343168880
Kings don't get to sleep easy, it's up to them to make the hard decisions. Arthas was a good king.
>>
We can always assume that army burned only plebs of this town. If its true then corpses of soldiers who died in purge were buried.
Hell there were even survivors that burned those corpses
>>
>>343168237
because undead come back whether the original person is dead or alive. hes just killing people for no reason.
>>
>>343173707
>because undead come back whether the original person is dead or alive
Thats why he killed the zombies you dumbfuck.
>>
>>343173707
Anon, arthasfags are retarded
They think that Arthas somehow know who was infected and who aren't and killed only infected ones
>>
>>343173081
It makes me a little mad that someone as impotent as Uther is being regarded as some holy super saint. At least Jaina is finally showing what a bitch she really is.
>>
>>343173707
Except that they don't "come back" on their own. There needs to be a necromancer to raise them back from the dead. Stratholme had no such thing, at least as far as we were informed. There was only Mal'Ganis that intended to harvest the freshly turned by the plague citizens into an army he could to use launch assaults with against the forces of Lordaeron. By committing this slaughter, Arthas deprived him of this strategic asset and sent him fleeing. Had he not done that, there'd be an entire city's worth of undead knocking on Lordaeron's gate the next day, led by a fucking dreadlord of all things.
>>
i was so glad you got to kill Uther useless ass with undead Arthas. that felt good.
>>
>>343173081
Uther is the Ned Stark of Azeroth. Good intentions but too much 'honor' that fucks him up.
>>
>>343173824
>They think that Arthas somehow know who was infected and who aren't and killed only infected ones
The fact that he didn't know that was literally the entire point of that mission, no one denies he didn't know that, thats the entire reason why he went full "kill them all", because back then the plague only raise those that died from it.
But of course you'd need to actually know shit about the warcraft lore to know there had been several iterations of the undead plague.
>>
>>343173742
>>343173902
except the entire city become an undead horde anyways
>>
>>343173824
No, we know that there was no wya of telling who wa sinfected, and therefore the entire city had to be purged. Have you even played the game?
>>
>>343174064
Except that it didn't and when Arthas returned from Northrend, they were celebrating his return, before the betrayal as a vanquishing champion. Piss off with your WoW 5mandungeon garbage.
>>
>>343173824
>They think that Arthas somehow know who was infected and who aren't and killed only infected ones
The whole point of killing the entire town was that he didn't know.
>>
>>343174064
Because Arthas came later back with a bunch of necromancers. That is completly unrelated to the culling.
>>
>>343168684
Warcraft 3:The Frozen Scone.
>>
My favorite part about the scene is that there still is no clear answer of whether it was necessary or not. It's an actually good scene for a Paladin's fall it's not some bland "save the orphanage or chase the bad guy :3"
>>
>>343174504
>there still is no clear answer of whether it was necessary or not
Otherwise everyone would have turned into a undead army under command of a dreadlord, by what understanding could preventing this not be necessary?
>>
>>343170851
>Not a big problem, city is still intact
>Zombies running around fucking shit up
>Not a big problem
Kel'Thuzad pls go
>>
>>343173536
It's scary how self-aware Arthas was when he turned into a death knight but didn't care anymore
>>
File: wrath.jpg (71 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
wrath.jpg
71 KB, 1920x816
>>343168237

>we need to purge the city before the undead get out of hand

The right choice.

>and afterwards, we need to sail to a frozen hellhole at the top of the world for no good reason

The wrong choice. Arthas could have chilled in Lordaeron and let Mal'ganis' dumb ass freeze to death.

Honestly though, you can blame Jaina or Uther for that. If they had stuck around, even if they refused to kill infected people, then they would have been on hand to say "No Arthas going to Northrend is a terrible idea, sit the fuck down."

Oh well.
>>
>>343171424
I thought the night elf mision where archimonde rushes he world tree is the hardest
>>
File: 1356516932758.jpg (6 KB, 294x200) Image search: [Google]
1356516932758.jpg
6 KB, 294x200
>>343168684
>matter of thyme
>>
>>343174504
Well, seeing how the villagers literally turned into Ghouls right before he was about to kill them, i see no idea what was the Uthers reasoning behind his morality. I mean, if Arthas just waited 1 hour, all non infected villagers would have been ripped apart by ghouls who used to be infected villagers. And then it woudl spread to other cities.
>>
File: 1454072389107.gif (2 MB, 421x338) Image search: [Google]
1454072389107.gif
2 MB, 421x338
>>343173536
>talking about Athas
>linking the quotes made by Kel'Thuzad
>>
OFFICIAL LIST OF CHARACTERS WHO DID NOTHING WRONG:*

Arthas
Illidan
Kael
Jaina
Maiev

*THE LIQUID SHIT THAT IS WoW LORE IS NOT TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT
>>
>>343170812
And we all know how well that turned out for everyone involved.
>>
>>343176000
>warcraft 3 baby detected
just end yourself
>>
>>343176000
>Jaina
>Helped kill his father who had the right idea
>Did nothing wrong
>>
>>343176068
Yep, Arthas came back after being turned into a death knight and completely fucked over the city he had saved.
>>
>>343176000
>Illidan

Being eternally beta was his biggest crime.

I mean how fucking pathetic do you have to be to pine for your brothers girlfriend for TEN THOUSAND YEARS.
>>
>>343176234
What makes it worse is Tyrande herself isn't that good of a prize, the only thing she has is a nice ass.
>>
>>343176000
But the first person and the last person most definitely did some things wrong, and wouldn't Maiev being on that list exclude Illidan and vice versa?
>>
File: photo.jpg (130 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
130 KB, 900x900
>>343176000
>Arthas
>Illidan
>Kael
>Jaina

litterally all fuck ups, and you didnt even mention pic related or old admiral Proudmore
>>
File: utherp.jpg (30 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
utherp.jpg
30 KB, 210x240
Uther: Glad I could make it, Arthas.

Arthas: I watch my tone with you, old man. I may be the prince, but you're still my superior as a paladin.

Uther: As if you could forget. Yes Arthas, there's something about the plague I should know. ...Oh no, it's already begun. These people may look fine now, but it's only a matter of time before they turn into the Undead!

Arthas: What?!

Uther: This entire city must be purged.

Arthas: How can I even consider that? There's got to be some other way.

Uther: Damn it, Arthas! As my future king, order me to purge this city!

Arthas: I am not your king yet, old man. Nor should you obey that command even if I were.

Uther: Then you must consider this an act of treason.

Arthas: Treason?! Have I lost my mind, Uther?

Uther: Have you? Prince Arthas, by right of succession and the sovereignty of your crown, you must hereby relieve me of my command, and suspend my paladins from service.

Jaina: Uther! He can't just--

Uther: It's done! Those of you who have the will to save this land, follow him. The rest of you... get out of his sight.

Arthas: I've just crossed a terrible threshold, Uther.

Jaina: ...Arthas?

Arthas: I'm sorry, Jaina. You can't watch me do this.
>>
>>343176335
>Siding with undead
Nope, he fucked up.
>>
>>343176208
If she didn't helped Horde would just level the city
It's one city against orcs, orges, taurens, trolls and goblins
>>
>>343176502
>siding

do you remember the pervious mission where she totaly destroyed his forces? It was either work with her in hope she would give them the capital or get killed.
>>
>>343168237
>Undead base next to the city
>Undead presence in the city
>If Uther stayed for merely a couple minutes he would be able to see a Dread fucking Lord turning people into zombies
>>
>>343176596
>it's okay to help undead because otherwise you will be killed
>>
>>343176156
played all RTS games, WOW does not matter you nigger

>>343176208
Jaina was placed in a bad spot, she couldn't win against the green jesus because metzen masturbates to pictures of thrall every night, so she could either join her father and get killed, or let them fight it out and save her people

>>343176234
>Being eternally beta was his biggest crime.
he fucked up with the well, but after that almost everything he did he did for the good of the elves, if he didnt become a demon then who would fuck up Archimonde, or whatever his name was? he also almost succeeded in fucking up Arthas

>>343176335
>pic related
Ayo, I hate loyal elves with a passion even though they are my only competent force and will execute their prince! BUT I totally trust a FUCKING UNDEAD ELF. He is a tard anon

>and wouldn't Maiev being on that list exclude Illidan and vice versa?
Her obsession is misguided, but she is fulfilling her duty, in the conflict between her and Tyrande the latter is at fault
>>
>>343173742
>he didn't kill the citizens before they turned
>>
File: best chef.jpg (362 KB, 2000x1250) Image search: [Google]
best chef.jpg
362 KB, 2000x1250
>>343176000
>list of dindunuffins
>no best chef
>>
>>343176681
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dhV4u5Y1hE&index=46&list=LLJ57oQI2ksNEskHbuWMEEPQ

>implying this isnt the canon ending
>>
>>343176735
Tichondrius
>>
>>343176327
No, because Maiev is just doing her job. Her job is "Keep Illidan in that fucking cage FOREVER, or kill him if he escapes and resists beyond the point of feasible capture."

Maiev ALSO did nothing wrong by slaughtering those magi in Dalaran, as arcane magic is literally the reason for the Burning Legion constantly fucking Azertoh and such, and was the main contributor to Illidan doing shit, Night Elves having their big war, etc.

Maiev did ABSO-FUCKIN-LUTELY NOTHING WRONG.

Tyrande did everything wrong.
>>
>>343176791
he mentions WoW isn't taken into account
>>
>>343176735
Garithos never trusted her, he had no choice nor any reinforcments like when kael trusted the naga

Maive did what was right because Illidan would have probably destroyed the world using the eye of sergaras considering he works for Kil'Jaden
>>
File: Arthaspaladin.jpg (21 KB, 257x333) Image search: [Google]
Arthaspaladin.jpg
21 KB, 257x333
Arthas: Glad you could make it, Arthas.
Arthas: Watch your Arthas with me, Arthas. You may be the Arthas, but I'm still your superior as an Arthas.
Arthas: As if I could forget. Listen, Arthas, there's something about the Arthas you should know. Oh no. It's too late. These Arthas have all been infected. They may look fine now, but it's a matter of Arthas before they turn into the Arthas.
Arthas: What?
Arthas: This entire Arthas must be purged.
Arthas: How can you even consider that? There's got to be some other Arthas.
Arthas: Damn it, Arthas. As your future Arthas, I order you to purge this Arthas.
Arthas: You are not my Arthas yet, Arthas. Nor would I obey that Arthas if you were!
Arthas: Then I must consider this an Arthas of Arthas.
Arthas: Arthas? Have you lost your Arthas, Arthas?
Arthas: Have I? Lord Arthas, by my Arthas of Arthas and Arthas of my Arthas, I hereby relieve you from your Arthas and suspend your Arthas from Arthas.
Arthas: Arthas, you can't just...
Arthas: It's done! Those of you who have the Arthas to save this Arthas, follow me. The rest of you... get out of my Arthas.
Arthas: You've just crossed a terrible Arthas, Arthas.
Arthas: Arthas?
Arthas: I'm sorry, Arthas. I can't watch you do this.
>>
File: ZsvVJtt.webm (458 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
ZsvVJtt.webm
458 KB, 720x404
>>343168237
>tfw metzen will get his grubby sausage fingers on arthas' story in a possible sequel and warp his story, changing him into a dindu or worse
i am almost fucking sure this will happen if we ever do get a sequel
>>
File: 1429771343131.jpg (361 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1429771343131.jpg
361 KB, 1440x900
>>343176791

>declare war on azeroth, a planet that has overthrown the burning legion, the lich king and deathwing
>get your ass kicked by immortal unstoppable badass mercenary adventurer types
>escape to draenor
>raise an army of completely normal orcs to invade azeroth
>huge surprise, his army gets killed by the same adventurer types that defeated him in the first place

He had to be the absolute stupidest villain in the entire game.
>>
File: 1430767232845.png (453 KB, 550x361) Image search: [Google]
1430767232845.png
453 KB, 550x361
>>343177026

>read the entire thing in Uther's voice
>>
>>343168237
Same thing would have happened if we purged Africa to get rid of AIDS
>>
File: 1462434789127.gif (49 KB, 69x120) Image search: [Google]
1462434789127.gif
49 KB, 69x120
>>343177026
Uther: Glad I could make it, Arthas.

Arthas: I watch my tone with you, old man. I may be the prince, but you're still my superior as a paladin.

Uther: As if you could forget. Yes Arthas, there's something about the plague I should know. ...Oh no, it's already begun. These people may look fine now, but it's only a matter of time before they turn into the Undead!

Arthas: What?!

Uther: This entire city must be purged.

Arthas: How can I even consider that? There's got to be some other way.

Uther: Damn it, Arthas! As my future king, order me to purge this city!

Arthas: I am not your king yet, old man. Nor should you obey that command even if I were.

Uther: Then you must consider this an act of treason.

Arthas: Treason?! Have I lost my mind, Uther?

Uther: Have you? Prince Arthas, by right of succession and the sovereignty of your crown, you must hereby relieve me of my command, and suspend my paladins from service.

Jaina: Uther! He can't just--

Uther: It's done! Those of you who have the will to save this land, follow him. The rest of you... get out of his sight.

Arthas: I've just crossed a terrible threshold, Uther.

Jaina: ...Arthas?

Arthas: I'm sorry, Jaina. You can't watch me do this.
>>
File: arthasfrozen.jpg (44 KB, 460x341) Image search: [Google]
arthasfrozen.jpg
44 KB, 460x341
Arthas: Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas, Arthas.
Arthas: Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas, Arthas. Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas, Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas.
Arthas: Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas. Arthas, Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas. Arthas Arthas. Arthas Arthas Arthas. Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas. Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas, Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas.
Arthas: Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas.
Arthas: Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas? Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas.
Arthas: Arthas Arthas, Arthas. Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas, Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas.
Arthas: Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas, Arthas. Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas!
Arthas: Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas.
Arthas: Arthas? Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas, Arthas?
Arthas: Arthas Arthas? Arthas Arthas, Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas, Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas.
Arthas: Arthas, Arthas Arthas Arthas...
Arthas: Arthas Arthas! Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas, Arthas Arthas. Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas... Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas.
Arthas: Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas, Arthas.
Arthas: Arthas Arthas, Arthas. Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas Arthas.
>>
File: warden002.jpg (50 KB, 550x668) Image search: [Google]
warden002.jpg
50 KB, 550x668
>Don't get Priestess of Elune position because fuck you.
>Get assigned to guard the Betrayer for eternity.
>Do a damned good job, take it seriously.
>Priestess comes when you're away scouting and kills your Watchers, frees him.
>Doesn't even ask, just fucking slaughters them and does it 'cuz "Fuck you."
>Chase him down
>Oh look he's fucking gonna collapse Azeroth in on itself for Kil'Jaeden.
>He kills the rest of your Watcher and your best friend/lieutenant in a massive cave in.
>Nearly capture him again later
>"Kek no, why are you such a bitch, Maiev?"
>His faggot cuckold brother spares his life and leaves you tangled in vines not far from undead legions.
>Eventually get free and track him down
>Capture him
>Some fucking asshole Elf and sneglady free him
>Get captured because of it
>"Welp that sucks for Maiev lol"
>Held prisoner for years
>Eventually kill him
>"btw we brought all these MAGES in to Dalaran :^)"
>Go balisitc
>"Wow Maiev why are you such a bitch???"

Maiev

Maiev had a hard life.
>>
File: Arthas the Janitor.jpg (340 KB, 1184x2168) Image search: [Google]
Arthas the Janitor.jpg
340 KB, 1184x2168
>>343168237
Actually it was that 1. it was all happening too fast and 2. nobody at this point didn't know that the plague was incurable to the point that if you so much sneeze a little of it then you need to be mercikilled in the most overkill way imaginable.

Then again, Uther is WoW actually said that he could've been more reasonable with Arthas.
>>
>Arthas: Glad I could make it Uther.
>Uther: Watch your tone with me, boy. It was not by my hand that I am once again given sense. You may be the prince, but I'm still your superior to pay me tribute.
>Arthas: As if I could forget. Listen Uther, there's something about the plague you should know.
>...
>Arthas: Oh no, it's already begun. These people may look fine now, but it's only a matter of time before they turn into the Undead!
>Uther: What?!
>Arthas: Die monsters! This entire city must be purged.
>Uther: How can you even consider that? There's -got- to be some other way.
>Arthas: Other way?! They steal men's souls and make them their slaves! Uther! As your future king, I order you to purge this city!
>Uther: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions... Nor would I obey that command.
>Arthas: Then I must consider this an act of treason.
>Uther: You are -not- my king yet, boy. Nor would I obey that command even if you were.
>Arthas: Then I must consider this an act of treason. Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!
>Uther: What is a treason? Have you lost your mind, Arthas?
>Arthas: Have I? Lord Uther, by my right of succession and the sovereignty of my crown, you don't belong in this world!
>Jaina: Arthas! You can't just--
>Arthas: It's done! Those of you who have the will to save this land, follow me. But enough talk... get out of my sight.
>Uther: You've just crossed a terrible threshold, Arthas.
>Arthas: Jaina?
>Jaina: Have at you, Arthas. I can't watch you do this...
>>
File: 30199.jpg (68 KB, 590x400) Image search: [Google]
30199.jpg
68 KB, 590x400
>Wake up
>Orcs still exist
Will we ever get rid of those green dindus?

Also
Maiev x Illidan OTP
>>
>>343177539
Cataclysm, MoP and WoD ruined the Horde.

WoW in general didn't give the Alliance more spotlight because muh Horde. It's so bad even Horde players have enough of it.

And yeah it would be an awesome crack pairing. Even more so if it happened for real.
>>
>>343176230
When does this exactly happen because Stratholme is never seen again in any of the missions after the culling in RoC or TFT.
>>
>>343176735
you forgot MEDIVH you fucking nigger. Hes the ultimate didnt nothing wrong guy.

fuck you warcraft 3 baby
>>
>>343177539
>they hate each other so they must actually love each other =^_^=
>>
>>343177539
>Not Maiev and Naisha
>>
>>343177753
Except Medivh opened up the dark portal in the first place.
>>
>>343177896
The way she flipped out over her death just proves that it has to be canon.
>>
>>343177914

Medivh dindu nuffin, only held up a Refugees Welcome sign.
>>
>>343178221
Twice technically, once when he opened the dark portal and caused this mess, and then once again when he sent the orcs across the ocean to kalimdor.
>>
File: 1463927075171.png (178 KB, 333x476) Image search: [Google]
1463927075171.png
178 KB, 333x476
Thrall literally ruined the lore.
>>
>>343178924
More like WoW ruined Thrall AND the lore.
>>
File: 1466980119176.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1466980119176.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>343168684

>They may look al dente
>>
>>343179181
He's been shit since his creation.
>>
>>343176951
>muh world
There are no negative consequences to be had by destroying Northrend. Malfurion is terrible at making judgements.
>>
>>343180809
Nope. He was good in WCIII.

The fact that he was a pragmatic character that didn't want any trouble unless the opposite party pushed it too far was what made him likeable, as well that he shaped the Horde into what the Orcs were before the Burning Legion waltzed in and did stuff to them.

Then comes Cataclysm and turns him into Green Jesus for no constructive reasons or reasons at all.
>>
>>343168880
The real problem is that uther as a veteran of both wars against the orcs should be made from sterner stuff and realize that arthas is right, hell, he should even come up with the idea, it is his job to do the difficult stuff, and to protect his king, future or current from being cast in any light of being a slaughterer.
His disagreement is illogical from a logical, story and character standpoint, which is totally blizzard writing since diablo 2.
>>
>>343172341
Psst, just a hint:
we knew that anakin would turn evil before even warcraft 3, there were some niche movies that alluded to that
>>
>>343177041
>The timelines have changed!
>Orc Jesus is the wielder of Frostmourne this time!
>He doesnt succumb to its whims, and destroys the undead AND frees his people
>The humans bow to Orc Jesus as their lord and savior, but Arthas is not pleased that what was to be his throne has been taken from him!
>The humans are now evil bad guys who are racist and fight the Orcs
>But neigh, they crumple like leaves under boot heels of Orc Jesus , each lash the humans strike drips the blood of Orc Jesus, yet the blood he drops is medicinal, and only raises more races to the cause of Orc Jesus, even the humans start joining him!
>Arthas final words are "Is it finally over, Orc Jesus? The rage, the impotent hate!" and Orc Jesus replies "ZUG ZUG"
>There is no war now, and the game is actually now a Facebook farmville knockoff where you trade things with other players
>All thanks to Orc Jesus and the scrip-strength.
I hate that humans only exist in the Warcraft universe to give everything else something to kill, they literally do nothing but fucking die and get fucked up, while everything else gets development and moves forward.
>>
>>343170684
>implying he isn't
>>
File: l-lewd.gif (116 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
l-lewd.gif
116 KB, 275x200
>>343177539
>Maiev wants Illidan back in prison so she can continue doing all those kinks with him that she was allowed to get away.

This gives me an idea...
>>
>>343173081

If Uther had just bothered to step into the city and see fucking Mal'ganis teleporting zombified humans into some other dimension, I'm pretty sure he'd be convinced that shit was about to become beyond real.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.