[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There will be a new Pikmin game. Let's talk about it. >ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 30
There will be a new Pikmin game. Let's talk about it.
>ideas
>theories
>hopes
>fears
>>
>>342892920
Pikmin n shit
>>
>>342892920
New one should take place on olimar's home planet.
>>
>>342892920
Treasure Hunting returns, but with actually good Level Design.
>>
>>342892920
I hope 4 is what Pikmin 2 was to Pikmin 1.
>>
>>342892920
Nintendo hasn't made a good game since Galaxy (Splatoon came out with less content than an average cawadoody game and was still sold at full price in the US so shut up) so there's zero hopes here.
>>
>>342893949
Splatoon has tons of content nowadays, not to mention all the other games you just ignored, so end yourself, you mindless hater.
>>
>>342894234
I can't think of any good games Nintendo has made after 2007. Galaxy 2 was literally a full priced level pack and ALBW is a painfully easier version of LTTP with extremely linear dungeons, those 2 are the closest to a good game I can think of.
>>
WAL
>>
>>342894434
You either have some really specific taste or you just ignored Nintendo altogether for whatever reason and missed out on dozens of great games. And I'm sure it's the latter option.
>>
File: 1453747341951.jpg (51 KB, 411x529) Image search: [Google]
1453747341951.jpg
51 KB, 411x529
>play Pikmin 1
>expect comfy exploration around nature
>get a fucking anxiety simulator
>>
>>342894692
Should have played Pikmin 2
>>
>>342894692
Play Pikmin 2 for comfy exploration and anxiety only caused by yourself.
>>
>>342894434
Planet Robobot & Tropical Freeze?
>>
I've seen the idea floated before that there could be an antagonist that also uses Pikmin. Could be cool to have a rival I guess.
>>
>>342893510
I really want caves back, even if a few of them made no sense.
>Jump into hole in the ground
>End up in a child's room full of building blocks
>>
>>342892920
Hope it's not another rehash.
>>
>>342894850
A lot of ideas were tossed around before Pikmin 3 that there could be an antagonist that enslaved the Pikmin planet. I'd be into that, you'd be going into more man-made structures and fighting very different enemies from other Pikmin games.
>>
Will Plasm Wraith return?
>>
File: file.png (50 KB, 176x195) Image search: [Google]
file.png
50 KB, 176x195
>>342894781
>>342894808
>>
>>342894692
just wait for the Submerged Castle in Pikmin 2
>>
>>342894692
Welcome to RTS, motherfucker.
>>
Those logs at the end of the day in Pikmin 1 were great and heartfelt moments. Wish they would bring those back, but I can't see how unless it is by being trapped on a planet again.
>>
>>342893949
Pikmin 3?
>>
More RTS elements is all I want. It's also about time to make nights fully playable.
>>
>>342895157
> enter cave
>Looking for treasure
>Generally peaceful ambience
>BOOM
>Oh fuck.jpg
>>
I'd like the next game to take longer than 15 hours to beat. Also ditch the multiple captain gimmick and make that only needed in certain areas. Bring back caves. Let the player stay out at night for nightmarish all-piks-must-die hard mode.
>>
>>342895273
losing the pikmin wasn't even the bad part, it was just the overarching time limit of 30 days that made me anxious
>>
>>342895391
>Let the player stay out at night
Hell yes
>>
>>342895410
2 ditches that entirely if you didn't know. 3 balances it
>>
File: lesser flower.png (631 B, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
lesser flower.png
631 B, 400x400
>>342895371
>submerged castle
>peaceful ambience
>>
>>342895391
I agree with the last part of being out at night but caves were shit.
>>
>>342895561
I meant it for the first time I went in. Afterwards it was the anxiety simulator 5000
>>
>>342895371
>Generally peaceful ambience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ikt9RJCNk
>>
>>342895391
Sign this man to the dev team.
>>
>>342895157
Pikmin 2 is pretty comfy until you get really curious and enter the harder caves unknowingly.
Then you become a nervous wreck.
>>
Make the player feel lost and isolated like in Pikmin 1 for fucks sake.
>>
>>342895680
Shit. I guess I confused it with another cave. Whoops.
>>
>>342895701
Mr. Resetti would have been screaming at me if he saw how I dealt with the caves as a kid.
>>
>>342894640
What good games has Nintendo made since then? I mean they pretty much have shat on all their series (that weren't already dead beforehand like F-zero).

Mario (3D Land, NSMB 1-4)
Metroid (Other M)
Zelda (SS, TH)
Paper Mario (SS)
M&L (DT, PJ)
Fire Emblem (13, 14)
Star Fox (SF0)
Their newly adquired Fatal Frame (5)
Mario Tennis (Open, Ultra Smash)
Golden Sun (Dark Dawn)
Pokemon (X/Y, ORAS)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (GtI, Super)
Smash (Brawl, 4)

Not to mention censoring their games more than before to the point of rewriting the whole plot for the sake of family friendliness even in M-rated games. As well as charging more dlc than even Activision and with scummier tactics than EA (amiibo, physical dlc for day 1 disk-locked content which has gotten to the point where you need it to unlock characters or game modes whole). Reducing game prices only MAYBE years later. Claiming copyright strikes on youtube videos. Deleting tons and tons of Mario Maker levels, sometimes hours after coming out, which could have taken days whole for the players to make.

I don't know how can anyone respect them or like them anymore.
>>
I'm fascinated by ants so I'd love to see pikmin colony management that has similarities to an anthill in terms of resources and whatnot
>>
>>342895157
>>
>>342895294
That was a huge disappointment, people expected a 100 hour game and instead got a 9 hour game without any of the charm of the previous games since you can't collect real life items anymore.
>>
>>342894846
Oh yeah Donkey Kong, I'll give you that one. Kirby not so much, the franchise keeps treading on rehashing mediocrity after Superstar, 64 changed things a bit but they never tried again with the mainline series.
>>
>>342896206
nah it's a nice game that perfected the mechanics of both the previous games
>>
>>342896308
Then again R and TF were made by Retro so it's not the kind of quality that you can expect on every Nintendo game, much less Pikmin.
>>
>>342896081
>3D World
>NSMB 1 & U
>Super Mystery Dungeon
>Sm4sh

I'll give you most of those others but that stuff is completely stupid to say are bad.
>>
>>342896081
Yes some of those games aren't good (Other M being a prime example), but they're not all bad either. A middle ground exists which you don't seem to acknowledge. 3D World is also way better then 3D Land and NSMB1-4. Paper Jam fixed the problems of Dream Team. I'm not saying Nintendo are flawless, but not everything is black and white.

>>342896308
Kirby has stayed very consistently strong though. I mean what's worse? Changing for the worse or staying the same? And Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot all have their own take on the series with the new current director, who has tried to add new things both to the gameplay, aesthetics, and even the lore. HAL are very competent devs.
>>
>>342896615
Good luck convincing anyone that 3 is better than the first two.
>>
>>342892920
Fix the maps.
Yeah for an RTS Pikmin 3 had alright maps but they generally consisted of hallways, I might sound weird when I say this but the areas in Pikmin 3 felt like labyrinths, you go through one narrow path to enter another narrow path etc.
The areas in Pikmin 1 & 2 felt alot more open and spacey, despite the areas being smaller.
>>
>>342896797
thanks.
>>
>>342896081
>Other M
It's time to move on, gramps.
Other than that, the rest go from ok to good. I'd tell you more about it, but then I saw you're one of those retards that jumped on the censorship retardation bandwagon, so it's not worth it. Go check the recommended games wiki, you'll find all the great games you ignored there. Or keep on hating, see if I care.
>>
>>342896737
Triple Deluxe is RtD 1.5 with atrocious level design and bar none the worse gimmick in the series (hypernova).

Haven't played Robobot but good god they butchered the soundtrack, Galacta Knight's theme sounds like a joke now.
>>
>>342896908
>Triple Deluxe has atrocious level design

nah dude, that design was fun as fuck
>>
>>342896908
>Galacta Knight's theme
Who the fuck cares about that faggot? The OST is fantastic, so go play it now.
>>
>>342896715
>NSMB1 and U
Yes, even from the first game they were the most bland, generic Mario platformers you could think of. Reusing Bowser Jr 8 times, not to mention all the actual bosses are garbage. The levels had less secrets and design variety than Mario World.
>Sm4sh
The game with somehow worse single player content than 64? The game that removed any interesting modes including adventure mode and ruined things like Break the Targets? The game whose online is so shitty everyone in a room starts lagging even if 1 player has a bad connection?
>>
I actually managed to track down a gamecube copy of Pikmin 2 at a local game store.

I think the game's a little too reliant on the underground caves. Does it let up on the caves, or at least do they get better? They're kinda bare-bones. Hell, one was just a completely empty floor with no enemies OR items.
>>
>>342892920
I want them to keep making those big extensive bestiaries and I want collectibles with extensive funny analysis by Olimar again, even if they aren't the focus like in 2 anymore.

Other than that, I'd be good for just about whatever they throw.
>>
>>342892920
leave the nature setting and go to someplace urban. Seriously, I think the biggest flaw in Pikmin 3 (Aside from its length and lack of difficulty) was its lack of environments.
>>
>>342896908
Triple Deluxe is not a perfect game, but it is still very well made. Hypernova which was it's biggest weakness was fixed with the Mech which is much faster paced and varied in comparison in Robobot. They did try to add something and keep the core Kirby gameplay.

>>342897294
I feel NSMB's problem is that there are four of them. If NMSBU was the only one, people be less critical.

Smash 4 did fix some of Brawl's issues though. Random tripping is gone, balance had been made a bigger priority, and an attempt had been made to somewhat try to be more competitive. It's not a perfect game, but it definitely made and shown effort more in certain respects over Brawl. I do miss SSE though.
>>
>>342897294
>The game whose online is so shitty everyone in a room starts lagging even if 1 player has a bad connection?
As opposed to not having one in Melee or having complete ass ones in Brawl?

Sm4sh is a fantastic for couch play with friends since you can have 8 PEOPLE and the mechanics are solid, a good middle ground between Brawl and Melee
>>
>>342896090
Sounds like an idea for one of their mobile apps.
>>
>>342896892
>It's time to move on, gramps.
Well it's the latest entry of the Metroid series, can't exactly move on from that.
> but then I saw you're one of those retards that jumped on the censorship retardation bandwagon
What? You're telling me that their censorship is acceptable when they go as far as rewriting the whole plot and making a mess? Dude I defended them when their censorship was something as petty as a few extra pixels on Bravely Default's skimpy costumes but you cannot defend them on what they've done to FF5, Fates and #FE.
>the rest go from ok to good
I posted nothing but mediocrity from them. Especially with cases like SF0 which are shit in every single possible aspect.

You seem like a drone.
>>
File: Pikmin Jar.webm (109 KB, 362x260) Image search: [Google]
Pikmin Jar.webm
109 KB, 362x260
Keep the fruit mechanic. Make more areas. The only one in 3 that was as comfy as 1 was the place with the orange leaves. Everything else was just grassy and bland.
>>
>>342895930
Only if you payed him to exist.
>>
>>342898094
Fuck the fruit mechanic.
I'd end up wasting a fruit just to get another fruit the next day.
It was fucking horrible.
I just wanna collect parts and fight shit.

Plus my mind doesn't have 3 brains so it's hard for me to navigate three people.
>>
File: heh.jpg (38 KB, 416x400) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
38 KB, 416x400
>>342896081
Goddamn, you're a cynical tightwad even by /v/ standards.
>>
>>342898094
Nah man, the forest one was maximum comfy when the rainy days showed up.
>>
>>342897639
>I feel NSMB's problem is that there are four of them
Obviously their image has been tarnished by that fact, however that doesn't change the fact that even from the beginning, NSMB was extremely mediocre. Makes sense when you find out that it was Nintendo letting students make a Mario game, then called them back again once NSMB sold planets whole of copies.
>Random tripping is gone, balance had been made a bigger priority, and an attempt had been made to somewhat try to be more competitive
Things which only really affect local play, doesn't excuse or make up for shitting on every single other aspect.
>>
>>342898352
>I'd end up wasting a fruit just to get another fruit the next day.
Then you're just bad. I'd get several fruits a day. Much better than the 30 day limit, but still keeps you active and searching.
>>
File: nigga wuh.gif (1 MB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
nigga wuh.gif
1 MB, 300x223
>>342898352
>my mind doesn't have 3 brains so it's hard for me to navigate three people
>>
File: tmp_3364-35463233_p01986618484.jpg (70 KB, 1102x370) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3364-35463233_p01986618484.jpg
70 KB, 1102x370
Repostan
>massive interconnected world to freely explore, you can choose various places to land your ship and onions each morning
>100 Pikmin limit bumped up to 1000 (but it's a bad idea to take out more than you need. You regulate what is enough, the game doesnt do it for you)
>pikmin 3's control scheme, moves, and AI with Pikmin 1's logic, physics, and swarming
>seperate onions, but you can access all at once like how they work in Pikmin 3
>weather effects that effect gameplay
>treasure hunting, treasures do things
>manually leave in your ship, you don't lose any time for doing so
>countdown to sunset remains, but you still have to manually leave in your ship to sleep until morning. Of you're not at your ship you'll have to deal with the hellstorm of nocturnal beasts in the blackness of night.
>more scientific thought put into enemies. Life stages, non-Pikmin hunting, and their social behavior are given depth
>tougher common enemies
>onions start off small like Pink's, the more pikmin are in an onion the more bloated it looks, max is 1000
>capture enemies and keep them as research subjects to get piklopedia entries, you can do this with bosses if you find their hatchling forms and can keep them alive to maturity
>raising larval animals in the breadbug family can be kept as docile pets

Some ideas for a plot
>aged Olimar takes his now grown children, who have gone into scientific fields, on vacation to PNF-404. His wife can come too.
>Pikmin 1 again with a new character
>Louie is stranded alone on the planet, just try to survive and make it your home while you try to build a rocket ship out of ancient junk you collect
>Olimar's son is lost after going to PNF-404, Olimar and a new team have to go find him before he perishes
>>
>>342895140
Hopefully, it was the cause of too muchh shit in Pikmin 3 to not return in some way. Could be a reoccurring side cillain instead of the final boss though, to makr for something new as the boss.
>>
>>342898450
nigga NSMB was great at first because we hadn't had a 2D mario in forever. It was a nice return to basics and all the settings from the first game, jungle with purple water, mountainous area, etc were all new at the time. Sure it's not the most amazing sequel to World or 3, but it holds its own. NSMBU was on par with those other two though, maybe a bit lower, but it's a very high quality game.
>>
>>342892920
2 Player Co-Op story mode. Cave exploration and treasure hunting with a buddy to split the captain duties with would be fun.
>>
>>342897818
>As opposed to not having one in Melee
Are you so desperate that you're going to use a 2001 Gamecube game not having online in this argument?
> or having complete ass ones in Brawl?
Doesn't change the fact that 4 still has garbage online, which is especially jarring since after all these years they still haven't learned how to make the most basic of acceptable online modes which tiny indie devs have figured out.
> since you can have 8 PEOPLE
Let me guess, you haven't actually tried it and experienced how disastrous that mode is, it's nothing but a mess,try to guess why no streamer plays that mode anymore a few days after the game came out.
>>
>>342898649
>>raising larval animals in the breadbug family can be kept as docile pets
stop anon, I can only get so comfy
>>
>>342899009
>Let me guess, you haven't actually tried it and experienced how disastrous that mode is, it's nothing but a mess,try to guess why no streamer plays that mode anymore a few days after the game came out.
Fuck you man, I host parties every so often and everyone is ecstatic that I bring smash and enough controllers. It's fun and chaotic if you're not a cynical twat.
>>
>>342898450
NSMB level design is a bit uninspired, but I argue NSMBU is a big improvement since then in comparison.

>Makes sense when you find out that it was Nintendo letting students make a Mario game, then called them back again once NSMB sold planets whole of copies.

The lack of single player is unfortunate I won't deny that. I'm not saying Smash 4 is without it's problems but it's not some game they didn't put effort into either, when they clearly took their time with it.

>>342899009
>Let me guess, you haven't actually tried it and experienced how disastrous that mode is, it's nothing but a mess,try to guess why no streamer plays that mode anymore a few days after the game came out.

Not him but the experience can vary. It can be really fun with with a tight group of knit friends, who aren't into the game as much.
>>
>>342898368
Cynical for pointing out how mediocre their games have been since?
>by /v/ standards
Except all of those games have been thrashed in this board too multiple times, especially SF0.
>>
File: image.jpg (360 KB, 1719x1111) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
360 KB, 1719x1111
Tfw playing pikmin 2 gives me ideas for new pikmin areas
Like dis (pic related), which would be perfect for the entrance of a cave (what dungeons are actually called in pikmin 2), And then it would lead up into a house/building through the pipes leading to the gutters, where you would probably get onto the roof (probably by a pile of leaves that clogged it up), where you would then enter the house through a hole in the roof and slowly work your way down, until the cave is complete. (If you can't tell I really want an area in a pikmin game to take place in a house).

I also had another idea for a cave while I was replacing one of my sprinkler heads in my yard. Like, I had to dig a hole around the sprinkler to be able to get to it, then I twisted the head off (which was a little over half a foot long, so the hole was pretty deep) exposing the pipe. I thought it looked like a cool entrance to a cave, maybe even one like "The Submerged Kingdom" (the cave in Pikmin 2 that only allows you to take blue pikmin with you), or the "Shower Room" (also a pikmin 2 cave), due to it being a water pump.

The cave could have some creature (presumably one looking for water) that's digging a hole where the sprinkler was outside a house (possibly even the same house I mentioned before) with the actual sprinkler sitting somewhere near it, where the creature pulled it off, then it triggers a cutscene where the creature sees you. After that you battle and kill it, and then you can enter the cave. :^)

I've never wanted to be a game designer, but I sure as fuck want to make a Pikmin game.
>>
i believe NSMB 3DS is the only actually bad New Mario Game, unless you count Yoshi's New Island
>>
>>342899359
>Except all of those games have been thrashed in this board too multiple times, especially SF0.

Kirby has still been praised very highly. A Link Between Worlds gets a lot of praise in general. 3D World is at least seen above it's prequel and the NSMB games. Not every game gets "thrashed,"
>>
>>342898893
>NSMB was great at first because we hadn't had a 2D mario in forever.
That doesn't make it good at all. In fact you just explained why it's so overrated, because people were starving for a 2D Mario that the first turd they could find would be hailed as godly.

I told you that the level design is less varied than even smw and they reuse Bowser JR EIGHT TIMES, not to mention the actual bosses are garbage too. High quality my ass.
>>
>>342899419
I just want pikmin to be able to stand on top of other pikmin to make a little ladder or bridge
>>
>>342899190
Sorry I like to actually see what's happening on the screen.
>>

LEVEL

EDITOR
>>
File: Punch Out Wii.png (194 KB, 400x338) Image search: [Google]
Punch Out Wii.png
194 KB, 400x338
>>342896081
Punch Out Wii came out in 2009. It is very agreed upon to be a good game, and for many, the best Punch Out.
>>
>>342899626
just pretend that bowser takes the place of Boom Boom from 3
>>
>>342899419
All good ideas, caves would be a lot better if they each had their own natural transition from the overworld, and each had their own theme and sense of progression instead of cycling from a few different themes sublevel by sublevel.
>>
>>342899626
The later NSMB games did improve on the original and were better in comparison with better level design, and features.
>>
>>342899202
>when they clearly took their time with it.
Clearly not enough when even 64 looks good by comparison in terms of (good) content. I haven't even talked about the biggest abortion in the entire series: Mario Party Smash.
>>
>>342899868
Meh, would be better suited to it's own game than a part of Pikmin 4.
>>
>>342898649
I sort of wish there was less menu fluffing about between days tho, you have to go like 7 menus in the last pikmin 3

>>342899871
Does that really count when the game is just Punch Out and Super Punch Out: The Best of
>>
>>342900076
A pikmin level editor can't carry a fuckin' game.
>>
>>342900076
Nah, a level editor would be fine for a Challenge Mode kind of thing.
>>
File: 1447901633017.gif (451 KB, 392x410) Image search: [Google]
1447901633017.gif
451 KB, 392x410
>Pikmin thread once in a blue moon
>Nintendo doomsayers shit up the thread
You faggots couldn't just go into one of the daily Zelda threads, no, ya'll had to barge into a thread about a game no-one ever gets to talk about and ruin it.
Thanks a lot faggots
>>
>>342900035
Conceptually, Smash Tour was just flawed from the beginning for Smash Tour or at the least, the final version we got for that particular aspect. Do you think that is something that could be made better with even more time then the game got? It's not out of purposeful malevolence of what we got. Smash Run would have been better to have on both versions in all honesty.
>>
>>342899605
>Kirby has still been praised very highly
Actually as of TD did I start noticing people shitting on Kirby, the game was that bad. Epic Yarn doesn't exactly get good grades here either.
>A Link Between Worlds gets a lot of praise in general
Maybe at the time it came out, since then people have noticed that it's just lttp with extremely linear dungeons. You could see that in Zelda U threads during E3 when people were discussing the latest entries.

The last Zelda that has had an actual overwhelming positive reception in here is Minish Cap.
>>
>>342900007
Thanks man, glad to finally have a thread to spill these ideas. But yeah, them not being randomly generated and having more of an asthetic will definitely build on the themes that Pikmin 2's caves had (water for submerged castle and shower room, bird house themed for the snagret hole, etc).
>>
Bring back c-sticking please.

It sucked playing Pikmin 3 without that.
>>
>>342900267
E-shop game, m8.
>>
I WANT MORE BRITTANY

SHE'S SO FUCKING CUTE.
>>
>>342896206
Why should expectations matter in an evaluation of a game? How does product placement make up the entirety of the series' charm?
>>
File: pikmin.jpg (152 KB, 647x861) Image search: [Google]
pikmin.jpg
152 KB, 647x861
>>342892920
1. No more DLC
2. More cute characters like Brittany
3. Make it more open ended
4. Add a free mode
>>
>>342900703
>mario maker with a shit budget

no
>>
>>342900492
Every game is going to get both praised and criticized. I don't know what you expect.

Epic Yarn is a spinoff, and it wasn't even meant to be a Kirby game, but alright. Yes TD got shitted on, but for a good majority it was still seen as good. Even not taking it into account, is Planet Robobot not being highly praised right now? The game that fixes issues people had with Triple Deluxe? Most people agree Robobot is a very solid title.

As for ALBW, people still hold it in high regard, even if people point out its flaws. It's still a stronger and consistent game then both DS Zeldas and Skyward Sword, is it not?

>>342900492
>The last Zelda that has had an actual overwhelming positive reception in here is Minish Cap.

And I'm sure even that game has people who disliked it, back then, and even today.
>>
ACTUAL STORY CO-OP OPTION.
>>
>>342900789
>>342898649
A massive open world sounds cool, but wouldn't really work for a pikmin game. Every game so far had taken place all around the world, and for it to just be one big open world eould actually be a huge downgrade, not only in scope, but also in the types of areas you can go to.
>>
>>342900834
>shit budget
So, mario maker then?
>>
>Pikmin 4
>one captain
>forced zoom so you can only see direct surroundings
>scenery and nature based
>comfy weather conditions and hd sounds of nature
>no music, just field recordings
>collect every type of insect and small animal you can find, over 1000 kinds
>no day limit
>night time soft glowing Pikmin stages

Anyone want a pure exploration based Pikmin?
>>
>>342897498
the first caves are calm and easy, just to give you a first approach. But then you get to things like Submerged Castle or Hole of Heroes and things get real.
Also no way, for what I recall(and I 100%ed the game 7 times) every cave should have at least 1 item, did you look hard enough?
>>
Why the fuck are people still replying to that nintendoom poster? He is obviously here to stir up shit. Talk Pikmin retards
>>
>>342900459
OP asked for hopes, I said I had none because I didn't like Nintendo's latest games, people started arguing why. Sorry I ruined your circlejerk.
>>
>>342900490
>Do you think that is something that could be made better with even more time then the game got?
I think it would have been better if it was never developed in the first place and instead spent the time wasted on it on other things, like good single player modes.
>>
>>342902006
The thing is you could say you had none and went away with it

But even when people pointed out good games Nintendo has made/published you started moving goalposts and even fucking used /v/'s opinions as a basis of criticism.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 251x188) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 251x188
>7th grade
>doing book projects
>read a book, talk about the plot to the class
>kid with autism can't do it
>teacher lets him do a project on anything he wants
>still has to present it to class though
>this faggot
>"makes up" insects and animals and claims them as his creations
>nigga has a cool as fuck hand made pokedex type thing with every single Pikmin enemy drawn with colored pencils and a page of description about each of them and what they taste like
>he didn't even change their names
>mfw I couldn't say anything without looking like a nerd
>mfw he got a 100 and I didnt
>>
>>342902182
I didn't move any goalposts, I've argued why each game I pointed out is bad, nor did I use /v/'s opinions as basis for criticism, I only used /v/ when someone said I was cynical even for /v/ or talking about the general reception of the games.

I mean, people actually treat NSMB as a good game in here, even when I explained why it's not.
>>
>>342901253
I disagree, I think it would be better to have more variety and creativity in the actual layouts and structures in the game world without having to go to little parts of different biomes. Weather effects like rain and snow that transform the environments and maybe even passing seasons (real time like Animal Crossing, or more like Pokemon Black&White, either would be fine) could give you that variety of nature and more, while having a big open intricute world
>>
>>342901827
>forced zoom
You lost me there. Nothing should be stripped away.
>>
>>342902854
No u
>>
>>342900740
>Why should expectations matter in an evaluation of a game?
Of course they should, a new entry will be held up to the standards of its predecessors, that's common sense. Pikmin 3 failed in that aspect.
>How does product placement make up the entirety of the series' charm?
I didn't say that, I said collecting real life things. In this case ''product placement'' works in the game's favour since it makes it seem like you are exploring a post-apocalyptic Earth. More importantly, they are a far more interesting list of things to collect than fruits.
>>
>>342902006
Stop replying.
>>
>>342901045
>Every game is going to get both praised and criticized. I don't know what you expect.
Actually prior to TD Kirby had nothing but overwhelming positive reception, besides Epic Yarn but that was more of a spinoff.
>And I'm sure even that game has people who disliked it, back then, and even today.
Clearly not here.
>>
>>342901928
>nintendoom
Is this the new term for anyone that doesn't blindly praise Nintendo?

If it eases your little fanboy brain, I'm excited a lot about the new Zelda and think it looks good, but I'm still very cautious about it until I play it myself.
>>
>>342901841
>>342897498
Empty floors are called Nirvana Floors. Meant to be a floor to take a break from the other floors and a chance to get more pikmin/purple or white pikmin and nectar.
>>
>>342903681
>nirvana floors

Get rid of them. it's called Pikmin not Easymin
>>
>>342902758
But a big open world for olimar and the pikmin wouldn't actually be that big. Due to how small they are, an area "as big as japan itself!" to them would be less than half of california. This would mean there wouldn't be much land variety beyond forestation.
>>
>>342904405
Nigger that game wasn't easy. You need all your pikmin or else you wont be able to kill some bosses or pick up certain treasure.
>>
You guys fucking suck at ideas. Let me tell you how pikmin 2 was the worst game in the series.

>No time limit: Nothing is pressuring you to get shit done, whats worse is that time stops completely in caves
>Caves fucking suck design wise, theres like 4 different environments and then its all randomly generated
>Little to no strategy involved even though its supposed to be an RTS you can basically steamroll through everything with purple pikmin
>Piss easy, made the final boss of the previous game a fuckjng joke
>Even if you do lose pikmin, the fuck does it matter? You have all the time in the world to replenish them.
The only things this does better than 3 is the piklopedia and cool treasures. Other than that its srill an ok game, but the weakest in the series.
>>
>>342904682
>you guys fucking suck at ideas
Which ones, specifically? Post better ideas then.
>>
>>342904415
Forest, plains, rocky area, beach, urban area can all concievably fit and each offer plenty of variety and gimmicks, with plenty to explore.
Or Olimar takes the Pikmin to a smaller world full of giant monsters, but that might be too much change.
>>
>>342904604
I want it to be harder anon. Harder.
>>
File: 1444134957668.gif (4 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
1444134957668.gif
4 MB, 427x240
>>342904682
>people stopped replying to my bait so here's more
>>
>>342904810
This open world shit and taking away multiple captains. Its a strategy game, what could it possibly have to gain from becoming more open ended? The games should be puzzle orientated, not focused on exploration.
>>
>>342905362
It can become more explorations based and become more puzzle based at the same time, they're not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>342904887
A smaller world with giant monsters would entirely kill the reason pikmin was made in the first place.
>>
File: tmp_3364-47095012_p101107631610.png (844 KB, 840x530) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3364-47095012_p101107631610.png
844 KB, 840x530
>>342905885
I don't disagree actually, just a musing. Might be cool to have a section at Hocotate at some point though, as a bonus or something.
>>
More Louie, make him antagonist
>>
>>342906443
He already was in his debut appearance, I'd rathet have something new. More Louie would be cool though.
>>
>>342906860
I mean, he was secretly the antagonist in Pikmin 2 and was the final boss, and in Pikmin 3 he was more of a nuisance than a true antagonist.

I just like Louie a lot, favorite Nintendo character.
>>
File: The Eternal Struggle.png (745 KB, 522x795) Image search: [Google]
The Eternal Struggle.png
745 KB, 522x795
Just keep making good levels is all I want really, to me the joy in Pikmin comes from skillful efficiency.

My favorite part of Pikmin 3 was when I managed to get 10 pieces of fruit the day after you get Blues. I ended up taking back Louie the day after, but that feeling of completely turning the situation the game put me in around was immensely satisfying.

I never liked Pikmin 2's caves because they took away the pressure of the time limit and the openness of the levels.
>>
I hope it has no caves i hated the caves in pikmin 2 i still like the game though
>>
File: tmp_3364-31263696_p0-1977520514.jpg (183 KB, 690x690) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3364-31263696_p0-1977520514.jpg
183 KB, 690x690
>>342907150
Agreef, he's quite an interesting, and well-rounded character, though I prefer Olimar for being more complex and lovable.
>>
File: tumblr_nqmi95ZZ1i1tkhl12o1_1280.gif (325 KB, 628x426) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqmi95ZZ1i1tkhl12o1_1280.gif
325 KB, 628x426
More underground stuff.
>>
Pikmin 4 will be on the nx so it will be using a new controller gimmick, I will be right, just watch.
>>
>>342892920
Get rid of the fucking day limit. Pikmin 2 was great because you could take as much time as you needed.

Hell, if the fruit in 3 respawned that'd be okay as well.
>>
>>342894692
Yeah, and it was fucking amazing
>>
>>342898649
>>Louie is stranded alone on the planet, just try to survive and make it your home while you try to build a rocket ship out of ancient junk you collect
I like this one, especially as an end to the series. It's a nice twist on Pikmin 1.
>>
>>342894692
>remember someone mentioning Pikmin is comfy
>remember my PTSD of time management, loss of fallen Pikmin, the bosses, and trying to make it back before the day has ended

It's a fun game, but it's not fucking comfy.
Well Pikmin 3 to me is stressful.
>>
>>342908131
Chilling with Mamuta in the landing site after getting all but the last area out of the way is pretty comfy. But I'd agree that Pikmin isn't comfy in general.
>>
Not sure how well this would work out but my friend used to tell me all the rumors for a new pikmin game where you go inside a house and kill things like rats and stuff. One of the bosses would have been a kitten and the final boss was a human baby. Now that I think about it nintendo would never let this idea pass but it still would be pretty cool
>>
>>342892920
I was just disapointed they didn't announce any thing of it during E even though a couple of years ago Miyamoto basically called it near completion.
>>
I've played 1 and almost 100%ed 2. I feel like they were both really good, but I liked 1 more aside only from the updated controls and dungeons.
>>
>>342910448
Meant to ask,
Did they ever fix how OP purple Pikmin are in 3? Because I could do anything with 20 purples at my side.
>>
>>342910736
Yeah they fixed them by not putting them in the main story.
>>
>>342909315
Kek. I kind of want to see an actual animal be a boss some how or another. Maybe a full grow cat with a bulbmin parasite sprout on top of it.
>>
So does Louie deserve all the shit he gets? I just think he's a kid that needed a job. Should have gone to culinary school or something.
>>
>>342895157
That motherfucker has the highest body count out of every enemy.

Fuck him
>>
File: 1450138745945.png (245 KB, 840x708) Image search: [Google]
1450138745945.png
245 KB, 840x708
>>342898520
Several fruit a day master race right here
>>342898352
this guy, you see
>>342898352
fucking sucks
>>
File: 1466983447849.jpg (22 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1466983447849.jpg
22 KB, 320x240
shit game = waist of time / $$$
>>
I want more of Olimar's wife
>>
Pikmin 3's gameplay was already great

But it needs more content

I don't want it to be like 2 where caves were the entire focus though

Make something different as post game

The challenge mode was okay, but the DLC maps were even better, game should have unique settings like that by default
>>
>>342911862
What do you mean? He doesn't get any shit.
>>
>>342912868
The pre and ship both think he's a lazy good for nothing, and Olimar accidentally forgot him returning home.
>>
>>342912097
Fuck you timed bullshit are shit mechanics.
Pikmin 2 did it right.
Fuck Pikmin 3 for bringing back a mechanic that's timed.
>>
>>342913224

>Fuck Pikmin 3 for being a Pikmin game

>Pikmin 2 did it right by locking you into caves with nothing to worry about
>>
>>342894953
I have a pretty crazy theory that explains this:
>post apocalyptic Earth
>major geographical changes occur
>people are forced to live underground
Sound familiar? Pikmin takes place after Splatoon.
>>
File: PikminTres.png (200 KB, 465x454) Image search: [Google]
PikminTres.png
200 KB, 465x454
This is the least "chill" Pikmin thread ever.

I would like to see some online battles in the fourth one. I've only had a handful of chances to play the VS modes on 2 and 3, and it was always with people who had very little experience with the game. Local multiplayer gets tougher when your friend group becomes more spread out.
>>
I JUST WANT ONLINE BINGO BATTLE.
>>
>ideas

bring back dungeons but make them mountains instead, going between caves and outside the mountains

>theories

some bullshit with the wraiths

>hopes

please bring back the piklopedia, longer length than 3, more difficulty than 3

>fears
too easy, not enough enemies
>>
Dungeons from pikmin 2 should come back but only as a side thing and post game

The design of Pikmin 3, where replaying levels resets the progression was an interesting idea, keep that

>>342913727

This, holy shit that would be great
>>
>>342913529
>even deepest caves anon has abandoned ship
>>
>>342913157
The ship is sassy and rude to everyone but it's not like Olimar and Sacho are dicks to him or anything, but come on he's a weird, enigmatic, and selfish guy, those kinds of people aren't easy to get along with, let alone respect. They also treat him as any inexperienced newby would be treated. It must have really hurt to be left behind like that, yeah, but at least Olimar went back for him.
>>
>>342895680
reminds me of lavender town
>>
>>Louie gets saved in 3 and left in the ship with oxygen so he can wake up

>eats fucking everything

You fucking faggot
>>
>>342915348
he cooks a mean long legs though. one of my favorite parts of pikmin 2 was reading his cooking notes on all the animals
>>
People who want no time limit miss the point of pikmin and should be ignored.
>>
>>342915114
Well you're right about the ship. I'm not saying he gets shit as in people treat him bad so much as he has shit luck. Granted Olimar has experienced getting stranded on that planet himself, but still doesn't change how bad Louie gets it.
Yeah, he's kind of a little pissant, but still. I like to think of him as, as perfect as the comparison is, the Luigi to Olimar's Mario. Just bad luck at times.
>>
>Pikmin 3

>They go back for even more juice

>Britanny goes awol after the teasing in 3 where she wishes she could keep the juice for herself

>Alph and Charlie vs a fatass Britanny
>>
File: 225px-Planet_Express_Logo.svg.png (19 KB, 225x169) Image search: [Google]
225px-Planet_Express_Logo.svg.png
19 KB, 225x169
So is Hocolate Fright Co basically like Planet Express?
>>
Character action game playing as Olimar, the game takes place exclusively at night when the monsters are out and you're fighting until sunrise. Made with Platinum's assistance after the success of Star Fox Zero.
>>
>>342913515
The lore deepends
>>
Pikmin musou where you play as the boss enemies.
>>
Olimar is a hell of a man. Great father and husband, brave adventurer, marvelous biologist and scientist. What can't he do?
>>
File: tmp_3364-51234423_p0239900922.jpg (976 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3364-51234423_p0239900922.jpg
976 KB, 800x800
Is he in control of the creatures that "capture" him?
>>
File: pikmin.png (167 KB, 400x2000) Image search: [Google]
pikmin.png
167 KB, 400x2000
>>
I feel like a bitch for doing this, but when I can I always have Olimar and Louie/Prez fight all enemies in caves themselves to keep the Pikmin safe
>>
File: 1383249590360.png (18 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1383249590360.png
18 KB, 200x200
>>342892920
I want a mobile game where you have manage a bunch of pikmin, designating groups of certain pikmin to do certain tasks, and then when you check on the game next, it'll say like "Your pikmin found ____! Would you like to Collect/Fight/Explore the ____?" And then you can get messages about how many pikmin died that day and how much food they found when you were away

Obviously there would be a lot more to it but you get the idea. Just managing a nest of pikmin.
>>
Pikmin 3 literally let you pause the game, and look at the entire game map to plan out your day efficiently.
I had like, 40 days of fruit by the time I saw Louie.
I need a timed mechanic in 4, something else that adds challenge to a real/time/strategy game.
>>
File: Puffstool(PikminNPC).jpg (58 KB, 577x697) Image search: [Google]
Puffstool(PikminNPC).jpg
58 KB, 577x697
>>
I have high hopes for 4, I enjoyed 3 heaps
>>
>>342918314
Might be a neat little spin-off.
>>
Who's done a deathless run of any game? I got a deathless in the first game, lost just a few towards the end of 2. I haven't tried 3 yet.
>>
>>342920309
A deathless run of Pikmin 3 is by far the easiest of them all, up until you get to the Plasma Wraith

Also, if anyone has the Plasma Wraith copypasta, please post it.
>>
>>342920309
My first playthrough of 2 I'm doing deathless. Did first 3 levels and am now doing Cavern of Chaos in stage 4 as we speak.
>>
>>342917213
I like it
>>
I want personal journal entries again. The logs in 3 felt more formal, since the team was recording all findings with the intention of it being read by a governing body/publisher/whatever, and since they were all trained professionals, they mostly only boringly talked about their fields of study.

Olimar, on the other hand, was a glorified trucker familyman. His journals were more personal and more interesting because he was actually giving his thoughts about this fuckin' nutty situation.
>>
File: what for real.jpg (118 KB, 459x462) Image search: [Google]
what for real.jpg
118 KB, 459x462
>>342922438
>Olimar mentions promising to bring his son on his next trip
>wait 8 years to see it happen in Pikmin 3
>they've made us wait this long for a new games, surely they'll throw us old fans a bone and remember!
>mfw they didn't remember
>>
Best area theme coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k3uHxJ7mrQ
>>
I wanted black Pikmin, with mandibles in place of their leaves/flowers, or leaves/flowers that resemble mandibles or blades. Fairy Pikmin more or less came true with three.
>>
>>342925789
That sounds metal as fuck
>>
>>342913320
>nothing to worry about

Not him but they still dont let you get pikmin once your there until you find a midway geyser, if there even is one.
>>
>>342914730
Deepest caves anon? Who?
>>
>>342915520
True, that being said I like Pikmin 3's time limit the most.
>>
>>342916908
Keep track of louie.
>>
>>342902304
Hahahahahahahahahahah
>>
>>342911862
Ate all the golden pikpik carrots. Shoulda fed him to snagrets.
>>
>>342920638
You many the edgy one where the Plasm Wraith crawls inside your dick, gives you an orgasm, then shreds it from the inside out?
>>
>>342896081
>le everything is shit meme
>>
File: 1418960508137.png (52 KB, 251x200) Image search: [Google]
1418960508137.png
52 KB, 251x200
>>342928292
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.