[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
King's Row is the worst map in Overwatch by far. How is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: overwatch-kings-row-1.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-kings-row-1.jpg
218 KB, 1920x1200
King's Row is the worst map in Overwatch by far.

How is it possible to design a map this bad?
>>
>>342108829
Genuinely curious what you think a good map consists of? This one has lots of flanking routes, a lot of verticality and the choke points aren't as extreme as the first one in Anubis for example. What's your favorite map and why, anon?
>>
At least it's not Ilios.
>>
>>342109124
>he plays sniper
Discarded.
>>
I disagree.

The worst maps are Anubis and Hanamura because the last points are fucking retarded.

Defenders spawn far too fast and close to the point so it literally just comes down to saving up every ult you have and blowing them all at once.
>>
>>342109124
>choke points aren't as extreme as the first one in Anubis
The gate leading to the fountain is far worse than anything in Anubis. That shitty first point favors crabs who shoot and cover way too much.
>>
>>342109513
The entire game comes down to ult management in the end, not only those maps. Why are you complaining about that?
>>
>>342108829
Ha ha, no. It's pretty bad by the virtue of being one of the old maps. But how can you say it's the worst with a straight face, when Numbani, Gibraltar, Volskaya and Anubis exist?
>>
>>342109579
You do know there's a flank to the right, right? You can go inside the building to the right and come out behind the gate. Anyone with enough mobility (Genji, 76, D.Va...) can go through it and up the stairs, and then they're behind the enemy team.
>>
>>342109702
also junkrat dva and pharra can just go over the wall and there are several platforms for them to hide in
>>
>>342109702
>You do know there's a flank to the right, right?
You mean where that Roadhog is hiding?
>>
>>342109594

On payloads there is progression where you don't have to blow 6 ults to regain control of the payload, you might just need a couple of key kills.

King of the Hill is a bit more arguable but literally the only way to win capture the point as attackers against even a remotely competant team is to save up every ult and just have 1 good initiation.
>>
>>342108829
all maps are shit outside of kotl
>every payload map is just chokepoint to chokepoint
How can anybody enjoy this shit and even kotl maps are just """""""good""""""
>>
File: 1416026328002.gif (2 MB, 391x220) Image search: [Google]
1416026328002.gif
2 MB, 391x220
>King's Row
>not Anubis
>>
File: 1458258524205.gif (904 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1458258524205.gif
904 KB, 500x532
>tfw attacker on temple of anubis

Its feels like omaha beach all over again
>>
>people complaining about anubis

just rush the left room
with genji you can go up the wall in the health pack room and you're behind their entire team

there's a symmetra there holding the room with 6 turrets? just dash away towards the health pack room and her turrets wont touch you
>>
File: cb.gif (1020 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
cb.gif
1020 KB, 500x373
>>342109997
>>
>>342109997
Even Dustbowl in TF2 was better. Hell, even Egypt was better. Why Blizz is so shit at level design? Actually don't answer that.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 480x480
>>342109997
>Bastion, Torbjorn, Widowmaker and Junkrat all blocking the point with a Roadhog in the room on the right and a Mercy waiting to revive everyone
That shit is a meat grinder
>>
>>342110162

The worse part of anubis isn't even the first hill
It isn't even the bridge leading to the fountain
Its the fucking temple corridor

A torbjorn in the corner alongside a roadhog, a good reaper protecting the flank and a hanzo spamming dragons makes that part hell on earth
>>
i'd say that kings row is one of the best maps
>>
>>342110329
>the part where there's 3 available attack options instead of 2 is the worst one

git gud
>>
>>342109949
Supposidly those maps are getting changes when competitive comes to prevent this. The maps turn into the offense winning two team fights at each point and the game is over.
>>
File: ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg (99 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg
99 KB, 1024x768
>reaper uses ult
>fly in from above as pharah to hit him
>get killed by it
>his ult is not only vertical, its a fucking circle

>playing reaper
>see enemy team down on point
>drop in from above, start ult before I hit the ground
>nobody getting hit and by the time I reach the ground everyone scattered

What the fuck, is his ult a dome or some shit?
>>
>>342108829
kings row and gibraltar are the best maps

route 66 and hollywood are the worst
>>
>>342110329

>implying a halfway competent self destruct won't blow all that out of the water.
>>
>>342110554
yea its a dome. it hits up but not down
>>
>>342110569
>Hollywood
>Worst
It's one of the only God-Tier maps along with Numbani
>>
>>342110569
>hollywood
>bad
Nigger that last little bit has produced some of the best overtime moments so far. Route 66 is boring.
>>
>>342109932
No, I meant that room where Symmetra set up turrets around Junkrat's trap. Silly you.
>>
>>342110569
we have the same taste. i'd add numbani to being a pretty bad one too though
>>
>>342110621

MOLTEN COOREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>342109997
Attack on Anubis is great with a decent team, and has some of its finest moments in the game.

>everyone captures point A together with the enemy team is in a panic
>lucio uses his speed boost for everyone and immediately captures point B before the enemy can do their proper setup
>>
YA YO YEE

AH WAH AH EH
>>
>>342110621
>self-destruct
>hitting anything except turrets

and then torbjorn just presses molten core

lesson learned: never pick d.va
>>
>>342108829
The only shitty part about King's Row is when your team goes in line of sight for the inevitable enemy widow in the upper window. She just picks the off one by one and there is nothing you can do about it.

Also I dont dislike any maps, its more I want a variation and not Numbani 3 times out of 10.
>>
I enjoy all maps.
>>
File: 1464922532854.jpg (134 KB, 1007x827) Image search: [Google]
1464922532854.jpg
134 KB, 1007x827
>Genji: shit team wtf kill winston
>>
>>342110569

>Likes Gibratlar
>Hates hollywood

jesus christ, what kind of cancer are you
>>
>>342110813
actually keked a little
>>
File: todd rage.jpg (30 KB, 540x547) Image search: [Google]
todd rage.jpg
30 KB, 540x547
>>342110793
>defending Hanamura/Anubis/Volskaya
>point A is eventually lost
>immediately call everyone back to B
>half the team runs towards the attacker's spawn to trade with them
>they get killed, attackers overrun B easily

YOU DUMB, FUCKING MORONS! EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU DO THIS SHIT AND EVERY TIME I TELL YOU NOT TO! WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU EXPECT TO HAPPEN?!
>>
>>342110783
>>342110829
Lvl 3 turret only has 800 health with no armor, and self-destruct does 1000 damage.
Not saying that D.va is useful, just stating the facts.
>>
>>342110983
gibraltar is the OBJECTIVE best
>>
>>342111121

But you forget the part where molten core torb puts another level 3 turret in no time afterwards
>>
What kind of person plays and continues to play a Dwarf when his turret gets blown up straight away and continues to get blown up every single time he tries to place it and build it up. Even going so far as to run back from his own spawn in order to build it to level 2 and just hang around miles from his team.

What is wrong with them? Is it for the off chance of an ebin Molten Core?
>>
I feel like a ton of the maps are impossible to break through choke points without a Genji to sneak past and disturb the defending team
>>
File: Shiragami losing faith.png (35 KB, 180x176) Image search: [Google]
Shiragami losing faith.png
35 KB, 180x176
>>342111190
>attacking Gibraltar
>enemy Widowmaker picks us off uncontested
>"People, we need a Winston or D.Va to shut her down"
>"lol stfu, why don't you do it?"
>I play Reinhardt
>I'm the only tank
>gold in eliminations, objective kills and objective time
>>
>>342111216
You can't carry the game alone, as any hero. If your team wasn't pushing during your ult, that means you wouldn't have won anyway.
>>
>>342111317

Or a Reaper or a Tracer or a Winston you mean? Fuck Genji does next to nothing outside of his Ult 3/4 of the time, hes just as useless as Hanzo most of the time.
>>
>>342111359
Rein is an ok counter to widow, as long as you're not stupid and stay behind the shield.
>>
File: 1465121136885.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1465121136885.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>342111062
>Enemy team takes point A during Overtime
>Spam "group up with me"
>Type "fall back to the point" in team chat
>McCree, Reinhardt and Lucio goes Rambo and dies
>Enemy team wins
>mfw
>>
King's Row is one of my favourites

The worst one is easily that one in the desert with the massive chokepoint at point 2
>>
>>342109341
Ilios is the best map in the game
I play a lot of Lucio
>>
>>342111317
It's possible with exceptional lucky streaks. We once nearly got wiped when our healer was sniped and a Zarya grabbed 4 of us with her gravity charge and 2 of them started their ults. Luckily I had my Reinhardt ult ready and through sheer stupidity, the entire enemy time had lined up in front of us. They all got stunned and our Tracer bombed them with her ult. Team kill, objective taken.
>>
Is it normal to lose more games than you win?
>>
>>342111359

When shit like this happens I just change to Winston and focus the shit out of the sniper because if I am being forced to play something I really don't want to then I sure as hell am going to make someone else game shitty at the sametime.
>>
There are no bad maps, only bad teams. The games literally come down to "who's in line to fix their ratio back to 50:50" matchmaking.
>>
File: mfw.png (113 KB, 486x369) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
113 KB, 486x369
>>342111471
>walk slightly ahead of payload to give team room to fire
>see Soldier:76 running past me
>"Tactical visor acitva- ugh!"
>>
>>342111547
Lucio is so much fun on basically any KotH map because of environmental kills.
>>
>>342110964
I had a Widowmaker rage at my team a few days ago because we weren't killing Winston and she got dumpstered by him the entire match.
>>
File: wellriding.webm (3 MB, 840x472) Image search: [Google]
wellriding.webm
3 MB, 840x472
>>342111547
This
>>
>>342111614

The same maps get banned every single comp game. No one wants to play them not because the teams are bad but because both teams agree that the map is bad.
>>
>>342111296
They just want to make sure that nobody enjoys watching the POTG after the match.
>>
>>342109579
You can't believe this, even ignoring the hotel route it's not as bad as the Anubis arch.

>>342109124
The real issue is that Anubis is a control point map so the attackers only need two decisive victories to take the round. A choke-heavy payload is far worse than a choke-heavy control point map for the attackers since they need to keep winning team fights to push. That said, King's Row isn't that choky, just kinda crammed, and even the final phase which is a bit linear and narrow is at least downhill and allows attackers to get a height advantage.
>>
I'd agree with literally any of you on any map if every single complaint in this thread wasn't siding with the defenders.

Attackers are favored on EVERY MAP
>>
>>342111547
Same here, I've never lost a match on Ilios.
>>
>>342111736
>it's a 'Lucio spends the entire webm in speed-mode uselessly grinding along walls and pretending to be a mediocre skirmisher while his team dies around him without healing' episode
>>
>>342109997
All you need is one Mei on the team to make a wall, and then have a few of your teammates go left. It's close quarters combat, but as long as you get through that U-corner, you can pincer whatever defenses are on the small bridge and around it.
>>
>>342111736
man its so frustrating to watch people who cant aim with "projectile" weapons

also wouldve been much cooler if he actually hit with the 2nd knockback and then wallrode back to the top himself
>>
>>342111706
winston really does dumpster widow though, if her hook is off cooldown she's absolutely fucked
>>
>>342111547

i really fucking love illios, it feels like its the most fair.
>>
>>342111982

Judging the distance you need to be in order to get a half decent knockback is wonky as fuck.

I knock off 4 people in Lijang Tower and get POTG one match and then point blank knockback a Roadhog at the first corner of offense Route 66 and nothing happens and I get hooked through a rock.

Not that I am that awful anon showing off in the webm anyway.
>>
>>342110554
I experienced this exact thing, yeah its a fucking dome
>>
>>342111881
He's alone contesting the point while the team is running back, open your eyes.
>>
does anyone else feel mercy's ult is too important in fights?
If you don't have a mercy ult ready and you commit to a fight you're pretty much fucked
>>
File: speed win.jpg (28 KB, 471x94) Image search: [Google]
speed win.jpg
28 KB, 471x94
>>342109997
>tfw attacker on temple of anubis
feels good man
>>
>>342111817
This. Devs said so and some of the competitive level players say so like Seagull. People saying stuff like Anubis or Volskaya have no idea why the second point is so hard to take because all the attackers need to win on double CP is one mediocre push and one good push. You can win every fight that comes your way as defender but you lose one and its game over.

You will start to win every game as attacker once you rise in mmr. The only ones you won't are koth which is why its played the most in competitive now.
>>
>>342112061

Thing is that if the Widow is aware or in a place where you have to go around to get to her she can still inflict a large amount of damage to a Winston. Its a foregone conclusion that the Widow is going to fucking die but fuck me can she come close to shaving off 3/4 of your health through lucky scoped shots and Machine gun bullshit.
>>
>>342112165
I've found his knockback distance to be very inconsistent unless I'm missing something that changes how far it knocks someone away.
>>
>>342111458
Reaper is slow and obvious as fuck, but Tracer is okay. Genji is a really good character in the right hands, but shitters give him a bad name.
>>
File: CiXxwstWgAEOtVC.png (147 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
CiXxwstWgAEOtVC.png
147 KB, 600x560
>>342112249
>TFW the enemy team pushes off the point they are defending and you back cap it before they notice
>>
A lot of the points feel poorly designed in that they have a lot of areas that will see very little, if any, combat.
On Hanamura for instance, there is no reason for the defending team to be in that little urban area right in front of the spawn gates. You just hang back and wait for the enemy to come to you at the choke.
>>
>>342112301
yep, I find you have to be really smart about using your forcefield as winston, he's just way too big of a target and dies so quickly without it
>>
>>342110813
The YA YO YEE always gets me
>>
>>342111556
See, it's either a good disruptor allowing your team to get through chokeholds or it's a wipe using an ult or two. I love Overwatch, but I dislike ults and how they seem to matter more than player skill, and how the game is basically balanced around them.
>>
Overwatch doesn't have a single good map, prove me wrong.

Protip: you can't
>>
>>342112356

You just described everyone in the game though, sure Genji is insane when you get to the highest level but until you get there you would be far more effective playing any other harasser apart from D.va.

Genji really does attract the twitchy 12 year olds and they all just do fucking nothing then Ult kill 3 people then go back to doing nothing. It does not help that the ninja star noise is irritating as fuck after awhile.
>>
>>342110196
Dustbowl was amazing when TF2 first came out. It became kind of shit because it was by far the most played map for a very long time and then was eventually replaced with goldrush and badwater.
I think badwater is a lesson in how to do it right since no class feels too handicapped on that map or too powerful because of their ability to chokepoint spam.

I only like route 66 and Hollywood in Overwatch. Virtually every other map is a giant chokepoint littered with bottomless pits. If you're going to make environmental deaths so god damned prominent then throw in some open woodchippers and electric fences so at least it's fucking fun.
>>
Numbani is the worst fucking map in the game.
It's so god damn linear with maybe only 1 fucking alternate path that takes you around back on the final point.
>>
>>342111458
Genji is a ninja. He's supposed to go behind enemy lines to ambush reinforcing squishies, harass people from behind (Reinhardt especially), destroy teleporters and sentries, cap the point to pull the front line back, and so forth.

If you can get two or more enemy players to chase you or return to defend point, you're doing good.

How are you supposed to counter reaper though? The only one that comes to mind is Mei, or Roadhog. Now that McCree is nerfed, he won't kill reaper that well.
>>
>>342112419
it does serve a purpose to increase the time between waves of attackers, although the same thing could be accomplished with a hallway.

It is blizzard's first attempt at making FPS maps, do we know if they took any good talent from other companies?
>>
>>342111982
It's not easy leading projectiles while jumping and grinding the well.
>>
>>342108829
Volskaya is worst map.
>>
>>342112602
Numbani is great. It's linear sure but there is enough side rooms and around-the-map kind of jumps that facilitate action
>>
>>342112602
Not a fan either, but thorbjorn and snipers seem to favor it.

Nepal is best map.
>>
>>342112569
all of the control maps
>>
>>342112419
You have to be imaginative. I've often hidden in that urban area and then sprung up behind to kill a support that doesn't expect it. Tanks like D.Va and Winston are good for this since they can escape back to their teammates easily.
>>
>>342112614

Mei, a McCree that can aim left clicks, a Pharah, Widow, Genji. Reaper has lots of counters but Roadhog is not one of them, sure if you get hooked and the Hog pulls off the flowchart then your fucked but its pretty easy to face fuck them and avoid any damage because Roadhogs can't aim, its why they play Roadhog.

Oh and of course Tracer is a pain in the tits as Reaper because she can chase when you try to spooky ghost the fuck away from her.
>>
>>342109997
>Start out as defenders
>Have Symmetra to slow and teleport us, a Torb + Bastion to mow them down, a widow and Hanzo to pick the off if they get past us, and a Roadhog to pull them in so Bastion can put holes in them
>They don't even get through the gate
>On attack
>They go with the same setup, except two bastions
>We stomp the shit out of them and win in 4 mins
>The entire enemy team leaves
I felt so sorry for them, but shit was funny as fuck.
>>
>>342112534
It's how you use them or counter them that matters. You can't just waltz in, press Q and the point is yours.
>>
>>342108829
That's not every single shit tier KotH map or the egyption map.

God what a piece of shit that one is.
>>
>>342113108
But that's still how 99% of matches are won. Enemy team has all their ults saved up, and pop them to instawin on the last push. Lucio's is especially annoying since you can't effectively counter the ones using offensive ults.
>>
File: low morning.png (323 KB, 540x459) Image search: [Google]
low morning.png
323 KB, 540x459
Lijang Tower is easily the best KOTH map, followed by Nepal.
>>
>>342113234
Had something like that happen earlier today. I saw the entire team running in to Anubis B, ready to ult, so I tried a desperate charge into their ranks. Knocked them aside and managed to pin their Lucio before he could ult.
Their Reinhardt had already charged in and gotten himself killed, Phara ults and gets killed, etc. Their entire attack was broken.
>>
>>342113057
It sounds like you're playing at scrub tier. Why the fuck would they think it was smart to have two bastions on attack ever and not to mention they had a torb and/or symmetra,
>>
>>342113234

Its exactly what bothers me the most, as defense you put up this amazing fight and get the timer all the way down to the end but realise the enemy team has all of their Ults stored up and its a parade of fucking Qs one after another and you lose the game in Overtime.
>>
>>342113427
For some reason I really hate Control Center and Garden. They always feel annoying as hell to play on.
>>
>>342108829
And you think it's the worst map - because.... ???
>>
File: seal.jpg (36 KB, 620x397) Image search: [Google]
seal.jpg
36 KB, 620x397
>>342113446

You might want to read it again.
>>
File: 1430880680516.png (39 KB, 396x367) Image search: [Google]
1430880680516.png
39 KB, 396x367
>>342112370
>enemy team is spawn camping us
>I go tracer and run back even further in the map and hope they assume one of their teammates got me and forget about me
>sneak around and get half the point captured before the enemy team makes it back and in the scramble my team actually manages to get a team kill
>we win despite being destroyed the entire time and have no commendation cards at the end
>Enemy team starts shit talking each other in chat over who should have stopped me and how all their teammates are bad even though the only mistake they made was being over confident and spawn camping us
>>
>>342109997
We once started a joke attack on Anubis with 5 Pharahs and 1 Lucio.

It was the fastest round ever, we won at 1:36. They had no time to do anything. All dem rockets...
>>
>>342112326
At first I though it might have something to do with "weight", since i had a a game with a Roadhog that just didn't move when I used it on him, but then I had a game the other day where he flew across the fucking map, so I just don't know.
>>
>>342113432
This is also why I think a Genji on defense is one of the most useful heroes, he can deflect a few of the ults and run behind enemy lines before a push to kill off the healer as often as possible.
>>
>>342112597
As a scout main I'm not a fan of payload to put it mildly.
Badlands is objectively the best map.
>>
>>342113616

Theres nothing better than wiping out players or teams who are stupidly over confident. It feels amazing, like shooting a Lucio in the face after he wall rides out of a pit. Or shutting down a Genji flipping all over the fucking place by punching him in the face while he deflects.
>>
>>342112232
You don't contest the point unless you're at the very top of the well.
>>
>>342113575
Okay you're saying you switched to attack. Still two builders on a team usually ends poorly. Those classes need teammates to hold the line to be effective and just act as an anti flanking class usually while not being very effective if they have the brunt of the enemy team pushing against them. If the enemy team was at all competent and took a sniper, phara, reinhardt, and maybe reaper then they could've won easily.
>>
>>342111817
attackers arent favored on any map, the maps are intentionally slanted against attacking because of the game mechanics inherently favoring offensive pushes since EVERY character has an uber so picking the med doesnt always kill the push
really asymmetric gamemodes are straight garbage in general, theres a reason 6s in tf2 is pretty much 100% 5cp/koth
>>
>>342113781
I know exactly where you're coming from. I would usually play scout, but I also liked payload so badwater was a great map to me. CP maps were definitely better in general since it was harder to setup sentries and they were far more open.
>>
>>342114123
They had snipers. The only thing they changed form our setup was that Torbjörn was changed to a Bastion.
>>
I just went from 58% winrate to 50 in one session. Not a single decent fucking team, best I've had was one teammate who tried to help me with the objective and the rest chasing butterflies around the map. If I get one more fucking game with 4 flankers I'm going to cry
>>
>>342114317
winrates for attackers are 60% across the board
>>
All the payload maps are pretty good

The KOTH maps are fucking trash, but especially Nepal
>>
>>342115101
>koth map, 5 people have picked chars and we have no support
>6th guy picks HANZO
>ask someone to go lucio
>HANZO tells me to do it
>I'm the only tank on the team
>later HANZO complains about my not being on point
>I have gold objective time
Always nice to have these people on your team.
>>
File: 1465578652686s.jpg (4 KB, 109x125) Image search: [Google]
1465578652686s.jpg
4 KB, 109x125
>>342111686

>not using the payload as secondary cover for when your shield eventually breaks.
>>
>>342115356
>Your team mates picks snipers
>On KotH maps
>But only on the ones that take place in small enclosed rooms that you can't really shoot into, like Lijiang Tower: Garden
Every fucking time.
>>
>>342110652
I think that everyone can agree that Temple of anubis is the worst but for some reason I really hate numbani

What am I doing wrong?
>>
Why is my queue times so long?
>>
>>342108829
Try using a Tracer you fucking retarded faggot
>>
>>342116062
Numbani can be bad depending on what type of play style you prefer. I personally like it since I generally go Junkrat on it since has a shit load of ways to get around it without using the the straight, open roads where snipers can easily pick you off. What do you usually play on it?
>>
>>342115864

It makes sense to exploit the shit out of Hanzo's medium range hitbox but taking Widow into a Koth is retarded and it always makes me laugh going out of my way to fuck with them. Especially on Ilios Ruins where they think they are safe standing on a building just outside of spawn.

>>342115101

Friend and I go Rein and Mercy. Stand on the point for pretty much the whole game surviving wave after wave after wave of enemy team. Everyone else are miles away from the payload, constantly complaining about not getting healed.

We lost that round funnily enough. All we needed was a Soldier or a McCree to just back us up on the payload. Just that and all the Tracers and Genjis and Reapers in the World can fuck off to where the fuck they like.
>>
>>342112102
the digup stage of ilios is a pain.
>>
Gibraltar is the worst map because of the plane hangar. If you don't steam roll it, it becomes such a fucking grind. Any half decent defensive team can stone wall in there easy.
>>
File: deflect.webm (3 MB, 1728x1080) Image search: [Google]
deflect.webm
3 MB, 1728x1080
>>
>>342116568
Pharahs and especially Widows have a field day on that stage. You literally can't be out in the open because some Widow will shoot you down.
>>
>>342116640
I did that while airborne yesterday, that felt amazing. Shutting down widowmakers is the best feeling.
>>
File: 1441241442199.jpg (11 KB, 164x243) Image search: [Google]
1441241442199.jpg
11 KB, 164x243
mfw as Mei, I infuriate the pub enemy teams into blowing their ults on me and seeing it all go to waste as I just freeze myself through em
>>
>>342116640

Solier Ults when he see the Genji has just used his Deflect for the ebin relected kill.

What the fuck else was that Widow meant to do? It was fairly obvious that the Genji was just baiting like a shit but what if the deflect was already on cooldown, you have no way of knowing.

Fucking Genji is such fucking aids. At least most of them don't know about Right Click yet.
>>
>>342116735
that, and the fact that for some reason our team never can have a presence in the pit.

>>342116640
Fucking hate it that it can reflect other people their shit too. Last time I got genji to 40 hp. then suddenly our reinhard uses his fireball and that gets reflected in my face
>>
>>342117003
>At least most of them don't know about Right Click yet.
right click is rarely better than left click if you can aim for half a shit
>>
>>342116640
I still don't get why they do this. There's a specific animation on Genji when he's in reflect mode, and when he just looks at you after he's taken a few shots at you, you fucking know what he's up to. Mcree at least has the excuse that he can't see him that well when he's using High Noon from afar.
>>
>>342108829

No way, Hanamura is easily the worst.

>First point has exactly one alternate entry point and it's right next to the main entrance in full view.
>Second point can be flawlessly defended two feet from the spawn.
>>
>>342115864
I have about 20 hours on Hanzo and playing him on close range maps works best for me. His scatter shot is really OP for taking down almost everyone close range and if you can hit flick headshots from close range he can 2 hit almost everyone too (except tanks). A good Hanzo on KOTH maps is really good.
>>
>>342117178

None of them can though. Its the Genji flowchart, jump about farting left clicks at thin air, land in front of someone, they fire you, you deflect they stop firing you dash through them and run away.

Rinse repeat until you have Ult then you kill three people and get POTG.
>>
>>342117178
I think he means close range right click. You can right-click -> melee -> dash to almost kill anyone with 200 HP or less.

>>342117502
>i dont know how to play genji, the post
>>
>>342117209
worst part about B is that the east side of the building (connecting to the balcony) also has a walkway above it you can only get to with special abilities like grappeling hook. That spot covers the west side entrance and front entrance. Only winston and DVA can touch you and hooking away from that spot is childs play.

Two competent widows covering eachother on the top of the building is basically impossible to win from
>>
>>342112569
Gibraltar is amazing
>>
>>342115223

The shrine or whatever in Nepal where the point is elevated

This shit is impossible to breach when your team is shit.
>>
>>342117556

This is not me I'm talking about this is 9/10 Genjis in every single game that gets locked in right at the start.

People bitch and moan about Hanzo endlessly but the insta locked Genjis are just as bad. They nearly always bitch and passive aggressively moan in chat as well. Like they are the first ones to knee jerk react to someone calling the team shit.

None of them play the objective, which is fine its part of the class but when you have a Reaper killing more and a Tracer doing a far better job of disrupting the backlines why are you still playing Genji you fucking piece of shit. You don't even target Mercys.
>>
>>342117630

>Gibraltar attack with a disorganized team

If they actually are able to round the corner and break out of the hangar, then we end up losing because all the enemy team has to do to contest the point is walk ten feet.
>>
>>342108829
Thats not Mumbani

OYAYE
>>
>>342117870
>>>any attack with a disorganized team
its just hell.
>>
File: Volskaya_011[1].jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Volskaya_011[1].jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Am I the only one here who loves Volskaya?

>awesome backdoor for A
>moving platforms shenanigans with toblerone and bastion on B
>comfy as fuck
>>
The worst thing when you start a game of KOTH is to come out and be met by a meme team created only for hurr muh environmental kills.

Roadhog, Pharah, Lucio and Zarya.

Well Roadhog is in every game anyway but still.
>>
File: 1466347986596.png (249 KB, 368x425) Image search: [Google]
1466347986596.png
249 KB, 368x425
Pharah salt is amazing.

When they lose, They unleash a salt-mine in the chat.

>King's Row on attack
>Playing as 76
>My team is actually very good and synchronized
>Didn't die a single time because our Mercy was doing her job right
>Take down one of the two Pharahs one the opposing teams every chance I get
>Manage to unleash my ult twice and get a quad kill twice
>JUSTICE RAINS FROM AB-ARGH
>Get potg
>The Pharah in the chat is just going off at his team and leaves

Sometimes a match goes so well, even people playing top tier characters can't handle it.
>>
>>342118016

That whole entire right side of the attackers spawn, theres a whole building interior in there for no reason whatsoever.

Did they think that people were going to attempt a defense right outside the enemy spawn doors? or even beyond the choke point bridge?
>>
>>342118064
Just pick someone who can't get environmentally killed, like D.Va. She trashes on Roadhog and Pharah
>>
>>342118064
lucio is a must in any KOTH team. the speed boost to get into position is insanely important, as is the passive healing on everyone holding the point. him being able to blast people is just secondary.
>>
>>342118131
If I'm playing Pharah I change the moment I notice a good 76, McCree or Widow on the other team. No point playing her if I'm going die every time I fly up.
>>
>>342118131

Top Tier Pharah?

What.
>>
File: lucio~2.png (25 KB, 119x151) Image search: [Google]
lucio~2.png
25 KB, 119x151
>>342116735
>once spent an entire match alone in the pit bouncing back 76s and Reapers (even killing two Widows) while my team was out dicking about
>mfw we won
>>
>>342118016
It was the first map I played so maybe its natural affinity but I really like it a lot.

Straight forward and easy to understand design.

Aesthetically its pleasing and not too bright like most maps.

And yeah, dat backdoor is the best. Got a quad kill with reaper ult there. And again later in the map room fun shit.
>>
>>342118131
>pharah blasting her ulti while soldier is able to draw a beat on her
>>
>>342118016
Attack on this map would be far more torelable if more people realised how important the flying platforms are. But it's usually people trading shots at the choke entrance for 6 minutes.
>>
File: ScreenShot_16-06-20_01-09-14-000.jpg (393 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_16-06-20_01-09-14-000.jpg
393 KB, 1920x1080
>>342118016
B part is shit
>>
>>342118131
>keep killing a Pharah as Genji
>the player says "let's give this op piece of shit a go" and switches to him
>>
>>342118263

That has nothing to do with anyone choosing to play Lucio on KOTH. You know it, I know it and the Lucio players know it.

My entire time on Lijang becomes about how many people I can knock off the side and healing and speed boosting secondary.
>>
>>342118263
>secondary
Man I generally get silver medal in eliminations when I play Lucio on KOTH maps. He can be really good as a harasser if you play him aggressively, especially if the enemy team has low HP heroes like Mercy, Tracer or Zen
>>
>>342117870
Hangar is definitely the hard part of Gibraltar to attack on, but considering the first two checkpoints are practically free you should have ample time to do so. if your team is shit the best thing you can do to help is go Pharah and control the shuttle roof.
>>
>>342118401
I hate lucio but still pick him on KOTH if no one else picks him and I want to win. Last time we went lucio-free it was just getting buttfucked
>>
>>342118016
It's okay but I hate attacking B, it's impossible without an Ult wipe

Of course, this is true for pretty much any stage...
>>
>>342118489
>go Pharah and control the shuttle roof

>Get shot by either Bastion, Torb turret, or Widow, whichever comes first

And yes, it is often JUST ME who is trying to solve these problems.
>>
>>342110813
who is this supposed to be?
>>
File: 1466351041506.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466351041506.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>attacking Anubis
>its a "3 McCree and 2 Widowmaker that do nothing but whine and wish for competitive mode to be released to stop being paired with shitters" episode
>>342111560
Depends, are you actually bad?
>>
>>342109932
So that Roadhog isn't watching the gate? Shitty Roadhog detected.
>>
>>342108829
I love it, its really enjoyable to defend on it and attacking is fun on the bun, but the lore makes me sad
>>
>>342118420

The sheer amount of work you have to put in to actually kill anyone just makes it no all that worth doing. I still fire on the enemy constantly but I usually do within the confines of my tank or team.

Actually going after a specific enemy is just asking for a long drawn out cluster fuck as you pull every move in your repertoire constantly firing, switiching between healing and speed, dodging like mad and getting fired upon. Then a Winston jumps on you and you have to speed boost away.

Why bother?

I will admit to getting completely sidetracked into killing Widowmakers for most of the game if I notice my team is doing nothing about them.
>>
>>342118837
what's the lore?
>>
Is there a way to watch competitive only from perspective of one player? I'm interested in high-level Mercy play.
>>
Good maps

>Ilios
>Numbani
>Watchpoint Gibraltar

Bad maps:

>the rest
>>
>>342118274
Yep. Unhindered Pharah is possibly the most fun and also most effective thing to play in the game (doubly so with Pharmercy), but she gets shutdown hard by her counters compared to most of the rest of the cast.
>>
>enemy team is getting stomped
>can't get in on the action because someone has to stay on the payload
>>
>>342110569

>Route 66 the worst

This, It is boring and the first point is a fucking ass of a thing to get past.I spent one game where the enemy went bastion, 4 torbjorns and a Reinhardt and my team kept funneling out to either try to hide behind the cart or get close to take out the Sentries that were behind Reinhardts shield.

It was infuriating when I kept calling for someone to go Reinhardt as I went Pharah to snipe them down. Timer was at 30 second by the time we removed the cancer and they built themselves on the cliffs again.

I swear, There needs to be a penelty the more Torbjorns are on a team like Sentries take longer to build per extra Torb
>>
>>342118893

Find a comp team you like, find there Mercy search to see if he has a youtube. I know Greggo has a Twitch and a Youtube but he seems to play Lucio more than anything.
>>
>>342109997
literally all you need to do is get a Tracer by to sit on the point for half a second and the entire defending team scrambles, even d.va can shoot past them and hold it for long enough for everybody to freak out

point B is easy too, just get somebody in that little hallway behind the point and everybody drops their position to slap them
>>
>>342118893
>high-level Mercy play
You mean pocketing a Pharah or flying around healing everyone? Or occasionally retreat behind cover if you know the enemy team has a bunch of ults, wait for them to unleash it and rush back in to undo all of their Q-presses.
>>
>>342118841
>The sheer amount of work you have to put in to actually kill anyone just makes it no all that worth doing.

The way I do it is speed boost into them, shoot them until I hit a few headshots, blast them away and run away somewhere else. Then 10 seconds later do it again. This way you can roam around the map and bully people without ever committing to a single fight, because most of the time, yea, it will take a lot of time to kill someone and it will increases your risk of dying.

Often times though you'll find someone with low HP enough that you can just kill them by yourself. And obviously nothing feels better than bullying Mercys and Widowmakers constantly, like you said.
>>
>>342118647
>Torb turret
>Bastion
For real mate? You're on a roof, just take a step back and you're in cover. Widow I can understand since she can oneshot you but god damn, don't complain if you can't do something as basic as holding a high ground most characters can't reach as Pharah.
>>
>Volskaya defense
>pick Symmetra
>put six turrets op on top of the game
>after 3 deaths people don't even dare to come through the gate

Symmetra is so fucking underrated
>>
>>342119065

Nothing else compares to how fucking long it takes the defending team to get back to the payload on Route 66. I know the distance is more than likely the same in every way but fuck me it feels like it takes fucking forever.
>>
>>342119220
>put six turrets up on top of the gate
Turning autocorrect off now
>>
>>342118972
>bouncing as lucio
>enemy pharah is absolutely fucking everyone up
>even our fucking widow
>switch off to roadhog for bomb ass air grapples
>sit on her for the next 2 minutes
>we lose anyway while dumbasses spam I NEED HEALING

Floaty bitch causes me more headaches than almost anyone else.
>>
>>342119220
>pick Winston
>jump
>kill the turrets without even aiming
>continue on my merry way
>>
>>342119065
66 is literally hell, its boring and that last point is annoying as balls to capture when they have a bastion

Literally the worst team in the world could defend that last point
>>
>>342119342
>implying you won't be dead because of 1. Six turrets 2. Teammates and I blasting you
>>
>>342119065
Is this a console post? Route 66 is pretty much two free checkpoints and then an actually difficult push.
>>
>>342116640
I fucking hate good Genji webm/videos. Not because they are amazing, but because I know a person that goes ape-shit "I watched P.R.O. GENJI GAMEPLAYS now I'm as good as them"
>>
>all those shitters complaining about attack on control point maps
it's literally the easiest thing in the world to do, just synchronize your ults and capture the point after wipe
there's a reason why "professional" overwatch players never pick those maps, in fact they're not even included in the map pool since everyone would ban them anyway and waste time, attacking is too easy
>>
>>342119538
My Genji gameplay improved about 200% person after I watched Seagull play. For characters that don't need a lot of aim (and most of Genjis kit doesn't really rely on super good aim), watching good people actually helps you improve a lot.
>>
>>342119240

There are some where it is more forgiving, Nubani is a favorite of mine for how close the first spawn door is. Route 66 and Anubis feel like Marathons for sure to getting to the point.

Also, Is it a given that most top Torbjorn's I see have no fucking idea where to set up? I see people with Level 96's and such just set up in the middle of the road. No attempt to build their sentry with a height advantage, No attempt to build it somewhere hidden. I am only level 34 and it should be clear as day that the best Sentry spots are shooting down at people.

Then again, I have like 1000 hours on Engie for TF2
>>
>>342119342
>Turrets melt your shield
>Toblerones get free MOLTEN COOOOOOOOOOOOORE
>>
>>342119649
level means dick and they might not have any time as torb.
>>
>>342119649
Why would you want your sentry to be on high ground where anyone will have an easier time seeing and destroying it? The sentry has unlimited range. It's best to put it overlooking a long range but also hidden behind something so that flankers can't hit it easily.
>>
>>342119637
Landing a few shurikens with his LMB requires some aim and is vital to maximize your genji potential
>>
>>342119538

Fucking Seagull fans are the worst on the planet. Now all of them pretend to use the ebin melee right click dash combo and cancelling the Ult animations in pub games.

Its hilarious but also depressing because we have to put up with the cunts playing nothing but Genji in every single situation.
>>
>>342119649
I just ran into a starred torb who would slap his turret in the middle of the payload path on Dorado. Our payload would turn a corner, see him whacking a level 1 turret about 30 feet up and he would get fucking melted.

Almost as bad as when I met a DVa when I was playing Torb on Gibraltar. She'd literally drop everything she was doing, would fly up to my turret and spam to take it out. I ended up killing her upwards of 10 times. Had a card at the end of the game w/ 9 mechs summoned and 12 destroyed.

Like, I know it's annoying, but it's a turret. I can just slap another one down and all it costs me is a cooldown.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>tfw lost 9 games in a row

why even bother solo-queueing if all of my teams are fucking retarded
>>
File: nt0vm22PRG1spsojg.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
nt0vm22PRG1spsojg.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>watching "epic" plays and highlights
>90% of the time it's the enemy team being retarded rather than the player being skilled
>>
>>342108829
I'd say Hanamura or Anubis is the worst

>>342109124
Lijiang, Route 66 and Hollywood are pretty good desu
>>
>>342119920
Yes, but his most important combo requires you to be close to the enemy, his ult doesn't need aim, his dash doesn't either. I'm not saying that you don't need to be good at aiming, just that most of his kit isn't focused heavily on it like a Widow's
>>
>>342118401
I pick Lucio for exactly that reason. That's why I also play him on KotH maps where I can't really push people off the map. Being able to get there first to set up, or at the same time as the enemy team, to prevent them from setting up, is way more important than being able to shoot a few faggot of a cliff or into a hole.
>>
>>342119456

Sadly, Yes. I was wanting the PC version, But I bought console to play online with my cousin. He is going through a rough time since his mom died and he is an only child. He wants to get a gaming PC, but his dad is like the biggest console jerkoff ever. Understandable as he can only bring a console to where he works (Radar outposts in the Northwest Territories), But he is an absolute manchild that thinks he can leave his 15 year old kid at home for 8 weeks to care for himself alone
>>
>>342110793

This is basically the only time that I've ever won Anubis clean. Didn't have a lucio but I was playing tracer and we won before the team could properly set up.
>>
Are any of the Overwatch maps actually good?

>Chokepoints in a FPS
>Wide-open maps for snipers and pharrah
>>
>>342119852

Their are certain locations that are great with a high ground. Dorado and Hollywood suck for high ground (Early game Hollywood actually has a good spot for a hidden level 2 turret where the Widowmakers usually snipe), But Numbani has some god like positions that takes like 3 people to take or a fast enough Tracer that isn't focusing my other team mates. Best spot is near the end where you can hide your sentry in the bushes and no one seems to notice it.
>>
>>342118713
TRAVELING TO NUMBANI
>>
>>342118064
I always pick Lucio for KOTH, he's a pain in the ass on every single map
>Tower, you can hop around the poles in the middle of two points and keep it contested while healing people and most of the time the enemy is too stupid to do anything
>Ilios, people are batshit scared of getting pushed off that they avoid you like the plague
>Nepal, literally Ilios and Tower combined

its pretty great
>>
>>342113108
A completely agree with this. I can't tell you how many times I've used an ult and have made maybe one kill, if that. Sometimes it works great, but more often than not, it's a complete gamble.
>>
>>342115561
he's saying people run past his shield like an idiot and die, not that his shield breaks and he dies. learn to read.
>>
>>342120675
Wait until the last push and it's basically a guaranteed success since everyone's gathered.

Just don't be a complete retard about it, a Pharah flying obviously in, all alone, and trying to rain justice won't work.
>>
>>342120221
A quick follow up attack on B is the best way to do Anubis. If that doesn't succeed, I find 2 tanks to be almost necessary to make a succesful push there, preferably one of them being Winston. Hate attacking that point but its so satisfying to grab.
>>
>>342119083
Thanks, I hoped to just be able to observe a competitive match with someone.

>>342119158
You are a reason why your team's Mercy dies. I mean Mercy will just take care of herself, right?
>>
>>342118891
the Omnics are forced underground by the government and you're pushing an EMP into their under-city to kill them all
>>
>>342120010
>Hear "FIRE IN THE HOLE!"
>Run in one direction to get away from other people
>Everybody runs after me instead of going in different directions
>Junkrat get a free team kill
>>
>>342121127
I don't get what you're saying, so high level Mercy play involves everyone else fighting for you? I mean of course a team should protect their healer but I don't get why you want to see Mercy play specifically. It's nothing special regardless.
>>
>>342121302
>Hear "FIRE IN THE HOLE!"
>Run in one direction to get away from other people

LOL SHOOT IT DOWN NERD
>>
>>342121385
Its pretty hard to do when your entire team is running away

I only ever shoot at it when my team does as well, its just not worth the risk when its easy to just hide behind a pole while he chases mercy
>>
File: 1458358269207.jpg (23 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1458358269207.jpg
23 KB, 399x388
>>342115356
>Player picks Genji
>NO SNIPER shows up
>he switches to Hanzo

why are they 100% always terrible players
>>
>mfw playing on Ilios with Pharah

fucking amazing map for her desu. My last game there was 51 elims, 40 final blows even though we shit the bed last round and I only got 4-5 elims.
>>
>>342121385
I usually do if I play anyone who can actually destroy it, but I'm often Symmetra on defense. Unless I have all my turrets up, or can do a well placed plasma ball, I need to get the fuck out of there. I destroy it when I'm on most other characters though
>>
File: Its time to stop.jpg (39 KB, 603x679) Image search: [Google]
Its time to stop.jpg
39 KB, 603x679
>>342119538
>Dont even play many offense heroes
>If I do is mostly reaper or 76
>Game does this to me
just why, I end up playing mercy or lucio because I'm that guy who fills the last spot. I used genji but I still cant fucking understand the shurikens hitbox, hell I do insane damage with mercy pistol or other projectile weapons but cant handle the shurikens
>>
>>342117003
the widow could have been not standing still like an idiot
>>
File: 1392355719119.png (3 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
1392355719119.png
3 KB, 186x186
>it's a 2 Hanzos on attack episode
>>
>>342121385
Hooking the tire and blowing it up as Roadhog is one of the better feelings the game has to offer.
>>
>It's become second nature to hook a D.Va once I kill her mech
>end up hooking an ulting mech into my team

I am so sorry.
>>
>>342119451
>implying the 5 other frothing apes behind me are letting you do that

It's fun to pretend your team is the only one capable of organizing a gameplan.
>>
>>342118016
boring to look at
attacking on it is torture
defending b is a bore
>>
>>342119451
>Thinking six turrets means shit to a Winston
Cute.
>>
File: 17298_900[1].jpg (123 KB, 900x562) Image search: [Google]
17298_900[1].jpg
123 KB, 900x562
>>342108829

>King's Row

sigh...
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 236x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 236x312
I want her to take a big steamy, fresh eskimo shit right on my chest. A perfectly formed log, nice and warm from sitting in her large intestine for most of the afternoon. It's slightly odorous but not too overwhelming, indicating she has a healthy fibrous diet.
>>
>>342111736

>I drop the beat to Shield my team
>Sprint head on for a roadhog and mercy combo
>Dodge his chain, slide around them both, and knock back the two of them into the pit
>fall back in line with the rest of the team to give him a heal boost

>the potg is a corner-hiding Reaper running out to use his ultimate
>>
>>342123279
Please stop.
>>
>>342110282
yo if that specific combo ever comes up in a match just play genji, those will be the easiest elims of your life m8y
>>
>bastion + reinhardt at the far back watching the chokepoint

HOW DA FUQ DO YOU KILL THIS
>>
>>342121279
You can't be serious, that's fucked up
>>
>>342123051
>TFW I kill Winston in a few seconds with the beam gun alone
Winston a shit!
>>
>>342124338
Snipe them with Pharah
>>
File: Potghanamura.webm (2 MB, 810x456) Image search: [Google]
Potghanamura.webm
2 MB, 810x456
>>342124338
You get to bring friends.
Fun fact: the bastion got caught in my charge while he started using q, fucking him up.
>>
>>342120149
You're a good dude, hope you have fun with the game and things get better for your cousin.
>>
File: GET A LOAD OF THIS.png (40 KB, 445x399) Image search: [Google]
GET A LOAD OF THIS.png
40 KB, 445x399
>>342109997
>tfw flying over the opposing team and capping the first point as Winston
>>
>King's Row
You pick off anyone on high ground and then use AoE to pop anything camping right behind first wall while flankers go through hotel to circle around.
If left building is full of Symm turrets, one Concussion mine does it, Junkrat is a top-tier pick on the first half of that map.
>>
Give Blizzard a rest, it's the first time they ever make a FPS game, of course they won't get everything right on their first try.
>>
Whats so good about McCree? I mean, how do I play for the objective with him?
>>
File: hollywood-screenshot-001.jpg (651 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hollywood-screenshot-001.jpg
651 KB, 1920x1080
WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD

Best Map
>>
>>342126597
Flank and take out squishies. Save ult for big pushes.
>>
>>342118016
can you stick symetra turrets under the platforms?Do they stay as well?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.