[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nexus Mods Goes Full Shill/Damage Control for Bethesda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: nexuslogo.jpg (116 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
nexuslogo.jpg
116 KB, 640x360
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12815/?

>If the very thought of mods on consoles upsets you. Stop reading. Infact, just leave the site. You’re very likely to be a douche and an endemic problem within the PC gaming community. There is nothing wrong with the concept of mods being available on consoles.

>If your issue is with mods being on consoles at all out of some bigoted view of PCs being better than consoles, then piss off. Seriously, just go. There’s no place for you in this community.

>There is no reason consoles should not be allowed to have mods ... If you disagree then you’re a part of some extreme-right side of the “PC Master Race” (see: teenie bopper) shite and need to grow the hell up.
>>
>>341777864
they aren't wrong though
>>
>bigot
>right wing
>being used in this situation
Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>341778674
This.

Don't stop making advanced mods that consoles can't handle
But consoles totally deserves mods.
>>
>>341777864
No, the nexus needs drm for mods. To think console babies need to steal mods I offer to get them lol, they are no better than niggers.
>>
They're in the right though. If people are bitching about mods being on consoles than they're probably 8-9 years old and still think that "console wars" is still the hot shit. They need to fuck off
>>
>>341777864
>extreme-right side
what did he mean by this
>>
That sounds fair.

There are points to be made about opening up mods to the masses because of the clear negative reaction due to the masses not understanding how mods work, nobody would deny that. But this is saying that if you're just gonna be a platform warring cunt then fuck off.
>>
>Throwing a bunch political jargon in for no reason.

What's up with this guy.
>>
>>341777864

I am not reading that 5100 word article of his. Considering just how agressively any comment/criticism/difference of opinion is reacted upon... I dont want to read it. If there is a brave soul who is willing to TL;DR it, please do.
>>
>>341777864
/r/pcmasterrace shit is annoying, but consolefriends are the ones being petulant little shits in this situation
>>
File: 1465721008065.gif (341 KB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
1465721008065.gif
341 KB, 360x202
>>341777864
I honestly don't give a shit. I doubt consoles will ever have their own horsecock mods.
>>
They're right.

PC gamers act like total fucking assholes when they have something "exclusive" but as soon as someone else does or it becomes multiplat they'll go "oh it wasn't good anyways"
>>
i don't even think people are openly against the idea of mods on consoles. the problem is who is overseeing the addition and management of these mods. bethesda will find a way to fuck up, i can guarantee it.
>>
>>341780294
And console gamers are acting like crybaby shitheads now, demanding modders port their script extender mods to consoles despite being impossible. They're too fucking stupid to understand that some mods simply won't work on console.
>>
File: limp_gmo_carrot_face.png (57 KB, 172x175) Image search: [Google]
limp_gmo_carrot_face.png
57 KB, 172x175
>>341777864
There's nothing wrong with mods on consoles and there's very few who actually have the mentality that consoles should never have them. It's just the consistent whining and threats for mods that cannot work consoles that is making people not want their mods on consoles because of how toxic and ignorant the community on consoles can be
>>
File: 1459173048181.jpg (103 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1459173048181.jpg
103 KB, 540x540
>>341777864
>and need to grow the hell up
>being told to grow up by someone whose username is literally Dark0ne
>>
Why do they haff to be so mad? That's not how you respond to communities at all. It's like their PR person just got up and left the duties to the janitor.

Nobody likes to be demonized, you'll just end up pushing their attitude in the direction you don't want.
>>
>>341780161
tl;dr

>Fucking Right Wing PC fags, go the fuck away!

He also implies that the vast majority of mod thieves are Gamergaters.
>>
What is this in response to? Are people actually opposing consoles getting mods? It's not like modders are obligated to make their mods compatible, are they? So who the fuck cares.
>>
File: 1464203909227.jpg (123 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1464203909227.jpg
123 KB, 1252x1252
>>341777864
Yeah I agree, but because they have been opened to a whole other market, people are stealing other peoples mods and benefiting from it, or stealing mods way too complex for consoles (Which isn't hard to do, no offence.) that completely brick it.
>>
To think that just because you think mods shouldn't be on console that that means you're a bigot, is bigoted. There are some reasons to think that mods shouldn't be on consoles that aren't bigoted. I'd say they're wrong, but they're not necessarily bigoted.
>>
>>341780592
>haff
>>
>>341780672

>He also implies that the vast majority of mod thieves are Gamergaters

I dont think he has any evidence or hard facts to back up or substantiate such a claim or implication. At this point, it is his opinion, which has no basis in reality, and thus is a prejudice.
>>
>throw political buzzwords around
>thinking you make an argument

My favorite meme.
>>
>>341780161
is not a console war, it actually discusses of all the problems on all fronts, like how console players straight up stole modder's content, how Bethesda are a bunch of dumbfucks who dont know how to manage a website like the Nexus, who are willing to protect their content but not the users that rely on them.

>Bethesda are like a father who left you at birth with all the tools you need to survive. They weren’t there for you, they haven’t looked after you or protected you when you needed it, but they did leave you to fend for yourself with some pretty good tools. Sure, without them you wouldn’t have ever existed and the tools they provided were invaluable in staying alive, but ultimately it was you, the person with the tools that made you the person you are today.
>>
They aren't wrong but the problem is that mods are being stolen. If someone doesn't want their mod on a platform then it shouldn't be.
>>
>>341777864
Refuse to read all the way, but what are these "thieves" people keep mentioning?
>>
>>341780716
>What is this in response to?
A strawman.
>>
Daily reminder that if you actually spend your time playing Bethesda RPGs after Oblivion you should immediately euthanize yourself.
>>
File: 1465935399227.png (3 MB, 1416x849) Image search: [Google]
1465935399227.png
3 MB, 1416x849
WHY DON'T YOU JUST CHECK THE BOX YOU SHITLORD
>>
>>341781075
The article tries to pin GG as the thieves.
>>
>>341781120
And a daily reminder if you play Bethesda games on consoles you should be ashamed of yourself and potentially looking into killing yourself
>>
File: 1461786770104.jpg (379 KB, 800x1011) Image search: [Google]
1461786770104.jpg
379 KB, 800x1011
>>341780294
>PC gamers act like total fucking assholes when they have something "exclusive" but as soon as someone else does or it becomes multiplat they'll go "oh it wasn't good anyways"
>>
>>341777864
He's right.

The only reason a mod shouldn't be on console is if the console can't handle it.
Anything else is just being petty.
>>
>>341781215
But what are they being accused of stealing!?
>>
I don't know if consoles SHOULD have mods, but it would be nice. Though I feel it should really be community driven like PC instead of monetary driven, since most mods tend to build off each other. I have other concerns too, like how the community would be form and how it would regulated since consoles would likely have to go through official channels but mainly I think this can't work at all unless it's community driven.
>>
>>341780161
read a book nigger.
If you scroll down there is even a sort of "FAQ"

Such about MOD ownership, it has some nice answers about stupid questions I read here too.
Also covering the idea that the mod author knows or might not know if a mod will work on a console.

>Bethesda don’t own mods made with the Creation Kit. By using the Creation Kit to create a mod, you grant Bethesda a license to pretty much do anything with your work, but that doesn’t mean they own it. Indeed, the license agreement specifically states “Ownership. As between You and ZeniMax, You are the owner of Your Game Mods and all intellectual property rights therein, subject to the licenses You grant to ZeniMax in this Agreement.”. It doesn’t get any clearer than that. Mod authors own their mods, but Zenimax are granted licenses within the agreement to do a number of things with it. Once again, Zenimax are granted licenses, NOT YOU.

>Lastly, the Creation Kit license agreement only covers content made within the Creation Kit itself. It would not include things made with software outside of the Creation Kit including, but not limited to, models, textures, animations, sound effects and so on and so forth. Zenimax/Bethesda are not granted licenses to that content unless authors specifically upload said content to Bethesda.net.

>What we take from this is that mods are owned by mod authors, irrespective of what they contain. And as a result, the work is automatically copyrighted (as is all unique work you create) and authors can protect their work like anyone else on the internet who has made unique work themselves.

>>341780672
Where does he do that?
>>
>>341779894
>purposefully ignoring the "don't" prefacing that statement
Literally click bait mentality
>>
>>341781457
Every mod theft of Beth games ever, apparently.
>>
>>341781181
Jfc link to the source of the pic? I wanna see who else made autistic comments
>>
File: Nope.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Nope.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>You’re a part of some extreme-right side of the “PC Master Race” (see: teenie bopper) shite and need to grow the hell up.
>>
>>341781482
That will never happen though. You'll always stay in a walled garden on a console.
>>
>>341781412
But they we do. Remember the shit storm when Payday 2 said it was coming to consoles and wasn't exclusive? Remember the shitstorm when Mount and Blade was getting ported to consoles? Every time a game is coming to consoles and PCs, PC gamers whine that the game is suddenly going to suck because it's going to be downgraded, dumbed down garbage just because consoles now have access to it.
>>
>>341779942
He's an asshole
>>
>>341781561
I would ask you to explain that further, but the only possible answer is that the author is actually retarded.
>>
If you make mods that I can't play on my Xbox you shouldn't be allowed to make them. Fuck you I have right to mods and you making them too much for my console isn't fair and you're a fucking bigot against console users.
>>
Just updated my mods to require SKSE. Reminder, NMM is garbage. Use Wrye Bash.
>>
>>341781428
>The only reason a mod shouldn't be on console is if the console can't handle it.
Unfortunately that's the case for a lot of mods, but underage console users refuse to aknowledge that and instead blame "muh elitistm"
>>
>>341781181
>but PC gamers are the entitled ones

>>341781561
They have a time machine. They've committed every theft ever and some that didn't happen.
>>
>>341779175
>But consoles totally deserve mods

Why do they deserve them?
>>
>>341777864
>you’re a part of some extreme-right side of the “PC Master Race” (see: teenie bopper)

i don't even know what he's trying to say
>>
>>341781604
Yes, I don't think it will happen either. Was Just saying in relation to the discussion.
>>
I really like this actually. I have so far uploaded two of my mods to the Nexus, one popular, and one fledgling, to see what the pains would be on Bethesda.net, and I do intend to continue porting my mods over. However, the more I watch the PC section of that site, the more I think I may only upload for consoles to Bethesda.net. I have yet to receive a single comment on the PC upload, but many comments on the XB1 uploads.

Console users deserve to be able to get mods, however as an author, I don't think that the times for release on PC and release on consoles will be too close. I already had several problems specific to either consoles or to Bethesda.net, like not being able to confirm all the files got uploaded (which they did not, leading to a major issue in one of my mods). I'm probably going to only upload onto consoles when I know that the mod is stable and won't be changing much.

Bethesda.net doesn't give useful tools like a bug report section, or the ability to upload optional versions of the mod (like compatibility patches between it and other mods). Therefore, anything that gets uploaded onto Bethesda.net has to be encapsulated.
>>
>>341781181
Consoles really do ruin everything
>>
>>341781412
I'm a PC shitter but fuck you dude LittleBigPlanet was a great game.
>>
>>341781619
>Remember the shit storm when Payday 2 said it was coming to consoles and wasn't exclusive

no because it was never gonna be an exclusive, hell the first game was released on PS3 first

>Remember the shitstorm when Mount and Blade was getting ported to consoles

no because its old as fuck and the sequel is being released soon?
>>
File: 1418850888476.jpg (22 KB, 225x255) Image search: [Google]
1418850888476.jpg
22 KB, 225x255
>>341777864
>people won't read the whole thing

He's saying that there's a big issue and that they oppose bethesda.net, not because of some PC Master Race crap, but because people are stealing their mods.
>>
>>341781619
>Mount and Blade

You mean the shitposting from Sony shills with each thread starting with
>Never ever
Why yes, I do remember that.
>>
>>341781428

There's also mod creators who don't feel like dropping a few hundred dollars on a console and a game thy already own on PC, just to tweak their mods for said console and please the crybabbies.
>>
>>341781215
THIS is what it says about who steal the mods
>This is soul crushing for mod authors. To see their hard work being taken, without their permission, often times by people actually openly goading, trolling and mocking the mod authors about the theft and that nothing was being done about it. Despite this activity only being done by a small handful of people (who are seemingly just children)

There is NO mention at all about Gamergate, you lying sack of shit, is users like you who come here just to feast on trolling that ruined this place.
>>
>>341778674

This, but the way they express their views about mods on consoles is pretty much asking for flak. Speaking about extreme right side of the PC community by calling everyone who disagrees a faggot with self righteousness is the opposite of that ''extreme right'' and equally bad.

Whether the mod should be on console should in the end be the creator's choice.
>>
>>341777864
I'm a PC gamer and mods on consoles are fine as long as they aren't stolen.
>>
>>341781506
>you own something but we get to use it however we want

wew
>>
I don't give a shit what they think, I'll use the site as I always did; not giving a fuck and just grabbing shit for my games.
>>
>>341778956
Bigot is appropriate
>>
>>341777864
I'm okay with this as long as they don't outright ban people for being douchebags.
>>
File: 1446330229898.gif (429 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1446330229898.gif
429 KB, 480x270
>>341777864
>comparing a non political opinion to a political ideology
>>
File: 1465813000818.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465813000818.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>341777864
What an unprofessional way of saying "We understand you may not like console modding, but please bear with us and console players. Everyone have different taste and we hope you understand."
>>
I have no idea why anybody would be against mods on consoles and I don't own any consoles, that sounds extremely retarded.
>>
When did they get from
>mods ruin the experience, i want to play the game as the devs intended

to
>gib mods i report u
?
>>
>>341777864
>bigot
>extreme-right
>teenie bopper

What a bunch of faggots, to think you retards actually play bethesda games and mod them
>>
>>341777864
He's not wrong though.

There's no reason consoles can't have mods (Provided they can handle them and the developer handles it better than Bethesda did with FO4).

The problem is that a lot of the Console users (Who look like kids who have never touched a mod in their short life) think that installing and using mods is as easy as pushing one button, when in fact a lot of the good mods for Bethesda games require a script extender (Which is NOT available for consoles), and sometimes the mods can conflict with each other and break the game or add new bugs. Some mods are badly programmed too and result in unnecessary performance loss.

Because these kids don't know how modding works, they think that the modders that don't release their mods on consoles because of the reasons mentioned above are being PCMR elitists and proceed to steal them and upload them for consoles, only for said mod to not work or break the game.
>>
Why is this a problem?

>Pcucks take a game that isn't their property and edit a mod and only release it for PC because they are snobs
>Console users take that openly distributed mod and make it available for consoles
>YOU ARE STEALING FROM ME I HATE CONSOLES
Faggots.
>>
File: Meh.jpg (39 KB, 786x481) Image search: [Google]
Meh.jpg
39 KB, 786x481
>>341781901
Man I remember that april fool's article about people not reading and everyone jumping straight to comments.

This thread makes me lose faith on /v/.
>>
>>341782258
Now they can use mods. Before they couldn't and needed to justify it somehow.
>>
>>341782258
Consoles ruin everything.
>>
>>341782220
>gamers
>being professional
>not being autistic

literally everyone involved in video games past the age of 12 have at least a little autism.
>>
File: 1459700668688.jpg (144 KB, 969x928) Image search: [Google]
1459700668688.jpg
144 KB, 969x928
>>341782229
Its just people not wanting others to have the cool shit they have. Thats pretty much exactly what this boils down to. "i don't want those console players to have these cool and fun mods"
>>
BLOODY RACISTS
>>
File: startrekdatass.jpg (9 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
startrekdatass.jpg
9 KB, 250x188
Who is saying that though? No one.

Consoles are closed platform and limited hardware. They will never be able to have access to the more advanced modding scene that PC's provide. That is just a fact that console users will have to deal with.
>>
>>341777864
>mfw consolefags steal mods and brick their consoles because they're too stupid to understand that the mods have requirements
>>
I read the whole thing.

The Nexus guy is entirely in the right, though I'd prefer if console players could never get mods just to enjoy their butthurt tears.
>>
>>341782298
>creating mods is stealing

how's that ps4 treating you, friend?
>>
>>341782298
>Don't release mod on consoles because it requires a script extender or the mod takes too many resources to be playable on them
>Kids don't understand
>Proceed to steal mods and get money and credit off them
>>
File: 1462785146691.jpg (31 KB, 604x376) Image search: [Google]
1462785146691.jpg
31 KB, 604x376
>extreme right

You know what? Videogames deserve to be a battleground for politics. Let's just get it over with.

If you like JRPGs you're a fucking TRUMP SUPPORTER!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>341777864
Restricting personal freedoms is a tool of the left though.
>>
>>341777864
The guy rambles on a bit and sidetrack too much, especially with the dumb politics bullshit, but he has a good point, about the mod things at least.

Also, he won't say it outright, but it's pretty clear Bethesda is actively ignoring the issue, at least for now, probably to let the library at their site growing

Dunno how the tags are gonna stop thieving console cunts though.
>>
>>341780820
its a mean you dip
>>
File: 1419438625861.gif (449 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1419438625861.gif
449 KB, 300x168
>>341781901
I read the whole thing and I agree with what he's saying but he uses some really stupid wording comparing his opposition to the "far-right" and "bigoted".
>>
File: 1463727854881.png (296 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
1463727854881.png
296 KB, 400x543
>Console users ask for mods that cant be ported due to hardware/script llimitation
>Modders explain it cant be done
>Kids go crazy and start stealing mods
>Somehow is wrong the modders are angry about this.
The soon they realize their supercharged consoles are shit for heavy modding, the soon they will realize why pcs are different than consoles. Fucking hell cant only they activate 2gb of mods when most of us use around 10gb+
>>
>>341782575
>implying weebs aren't berncucks
>>
File: 1441138861405.jpg (76 KB, 349x356) Image search: [Google]
1441138861405.jpg
76 KB, 349x356
>>341777864
>Damage Control

More like whiney bitch control

Shut the fuck you whiney bitch
>>
>>341782543
>creating mods is stealing
Where did I say that?

>>341782568
>fix something that doesn't work and releasing it to make people happy
What is the problem here?
>>
>TFW YOUR A CONSOLE NOOB AND DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT MODS
>>
NOT LIKING CONSOLES IS BIGOTED

STOP OPPRESSING ME
>>
>>341782886
berncucks more than likely think anime is "sexist and gross" or some shit.
>>
Here's the thing about the xbone mods, the disable achievements and you can't make a backup save for your non mod run. They're pretty pointless unless you want to play through the game again, and God knows why you'd want to do that.
>>
>>341782298

>Write a book with a pen and paper you didn't invent and produce yoursels
>Someone steals your manuscript and sells it

But you can't be mad at this point, after all your work never mattered since it was only possible due to the work of someone else.
>>
Where was the shill and or damage control you stupid fucking nigger?
>>
>acts like 5000 words is a lot
>i wrote 11,000 words of fapshit tonight in one boner
Jesus, what a fucking whiner.
>>
File: 1432429996836.png (32 KB, 494x266) Image search: [Google]
1432429996836.png
32 KB, 494x266
>>341782575
>>
HE WAS A GOOD XBOT
HE DINSTEAL NUFFIN
>>
File: 1466199647430.jpg (60 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1466199647430.jpg
60 KB, 700x500
>extreme-right

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
File: 1462486947180.jpg (190 KB, 680x592) Image search: [Google]
1462486947180.jpg
190 KB, 680x592
>>341782410
>>
>>341781773
Why don't they? Why does PC deserve them?
>>
>>341782993
>Write a book with a pen and paper you didn't invent and produce yoursels in one language
>Someone translates your manuscript and distributes it freely
Fixed.
>>
File: 1455129701482.jpg (32 KB, 326x329) Image search: [Google]
1455129701482.jpg
32 KB, 326x329
>If your issue is with mods being on consoles at all out of some bigoted view of PCs being better than consoles, then piss off.
But PC is objectively better than the consoles. There's no fucking point in arguing whatsoever, PCs are better, they have better framerates, graphics and performance, they have better tools, they can inject shit the consoles cannot, PCs are more open for development while consoles are not. They are also easier to debug mods on.

>There is no reason consoles should not be allowed to have mods
Except all the reasons above.
>If you disagree then you’re a part of some extreme-right side of the “PC Master Race” (see: teenie bopper) shite and need to grow the hell up.
Yes, stating obvious facts about PC and consoles makes you part of some extreme "biggoted" right-wing PC-master-race KKK. Heil Hitler, Allahu Akbar and all that shit. Fuck off.
>>
PC = Capitalism
Consoles = Communism
>>
File: 1462769736894.png (77 KB, 412x482) Image search: [Google]
1462769736894.png
77 KB, 412x482
this PCautist salty thread
>>
What exactly is the argument about?

Are there seriously PC gamers who are mad about the idea that mods will appear on consoles?

As a person who has always used the PC as his primary platform ever since the days of P2 266mhz... why?

What are they mad about?

Fucking Gabe Newell fanboyism and cult-worship is irritating.
>>
>>341783171
And this is illegal. I wonder why.
>>
>>341780820

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

>being new
>>
What is the 'Brexit' of videogames?
>>
>>341782229
Updating and keeping shit running requires more work I guess.

I've seen plenty of comments on the page saying people having trouble with their mods on console that they didn't want for PC.

And since most of the time, they have to update their mods every single time an update from Bethesda comes out, I can see why they'd prefer to do less work.

The fox and grapes people definitely still exist though. I just like to think they're the minority.
>>
>>341783449
Emulation
>>
>>341783289
>Are there seriously PC gamers who are mad about the idea that mods will appear on consoles?
No
>>
>>341783449
EA only releasing on Origin?
>>
>>341783317
Now you are getting off topic. If a person edits game files and distributes it only for group A, there is nothing wrong if someone edit that file for group B. Neither side owns that intellectual property.
>>
File: 1465933326286.jpg (49 KB, 767x251) Image search: [Google]
1465933326286.jpg
49 KB, 767x251
>>341782860
That's already a thing.
>>
What the fuck is mod theft?
>>
>>341783590
When you illegally download a mod
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 260x195
>>341777864

Consoles are gonna fuck mods just liek they did with dlc some time ago.
>>
>>341783556
Your analogy was stupid.
>>
>>341783620

But they're free, why does it matter
>>
>>341783289
>What are they mad about?
That their mods are being stolen. That the console kids are downvoting their mods to irrelevance unless they support consoles. Which they often cannot do no matter what due to the required libraries and tools being unavailable on consoles.

Basically mods are getting gimped as fuck because console kids will destroy your mod the moment it releases and will throw shit at you once you say you cannot support it. So to mitigate this, you release a shitty version instead to please the console users.
>>
>Trying to turn it into a politics/pseudo-racial situation

Ah yes, this road can only lead to one destination
And that place is called Shitpostistan
>>
File: Chocovania.jpg (495 KB, 582x900) Image search: [Google]
Chocovania.jpg
495 KB, 582x900
>>341777864
I'm not reading all this shit in that link, just tell me if they're saying it's okay for kids to steal mods or not
>>
>>341783675
Are you mad I modded your analogy?
>>
File: 1449140787879.png (13 KB, 217x102) Image search: [Google]
1449140787879.png
13 KB, 217x102
>>341783695
License and registration please.
>>
>>341783780
Now you're just shitposting.
>>
>>341783620
>illegally
>>
>>341783226
The ONE thing consoles have over PC is that as a dev you only have to support one hardware configuration
>>
>>341783726
>Skyrim Remaster comes out
>All the mods that require SKSE get bombarded with this bullshit because people are too stupid to realise how it all works.
>>
>>341777864
dark0ne is a faggot that supported paid mods, what else is new
>>
>>341783767
They basically say they can't hinder it and say "too bad for you, you should have made it for consoles too".
>>
>>341782907
It doesn't get "fixed" by checking a box.

Most Bethesda mods require a Script Extender or else you won't get more than a few texture or model swaps.

Said script extender is not available for consoles, M$ and Sony wouldn't allow it either because

1. It's not even made by Bethesda
2. It could bring security issues by installing unidentified Third-Party software
>>
What is the Hillary Clinton of videogames?
>>
>>341783893
Don't be so thinned skinned. In the end you couldn't make argument why one person tampering with files and releasing it is okay but not someone else.
>>
Mods used to be the only reason people gave for buying a PC version of a game over a console version. Now that reason is negated and their $2000 ENB rig is worthless.
>>
>>341783289
No, there aren't any that i know of. That's merely a meme created by the console shitters to explain why modders don't want to upload their high quality texture mods to the Xbox one.

The wording for this news could've been so much better.
>>
>>341783162
Because it's the PC community that made them, consoles provide absolutely nothing to the community, not even ad renue
>>
>>341783289
>P2 266mhz

I had 66mhz IBM in the 90's. Shit was so cash. Star Wars chess bitches.
>>
Consoles can have mods, there's nothing wrong with that, although there needs to be a strict vetting process from Bethesda, or at least authorised community members. That's how I thought it would work, but the floodgates seem to be open to a complete shitstream.

Either way it's just Bethesda trash. Whatever happens with Skyrim, Fallout 4 and whatever tripe they release in the future doesn't really doesn't bother me.
>>
>>341781181

I fucking hate people who comment like this

>Better be coming to PS4...

No it's not fuck off
>>
>>341784163
Most mods don't even run on consoles.

>$2000

You mean $10,000
>>
>consoles totally deserve mods!
>all 5 of them at a time
>that'll fuck up your save if you ever change them around
Maybe they should accept that current implementation just fucking sucks and no one wants to work around them?
>>
>>341784131
Todd Howard.

You know I would vote for him if he ran for president.
>>
>>341777864
He's precisely telling console mod beggars to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>341777864
>Nexus Mods Goes Full Shill/Damage Control for Bethesda

Did you even read it OP?

He antagonizes Bethesda halfway through. Saying they're treating them like shit.
>>
>>341783862
AM I BEING DETAINED?
>>
>>341784163
When does summer end anyway?
>>
>>341783590
When you take a mod someone else made and reupload it as your own.
>>
File: 1462043165136.gif (3 MB, 304x332) Image search: [Google]
1462043165136.gif
3 MB, 304x332
>>341783992
>mfw quest or mods in a single file that are more than 2gb
No, but for real, did they said anything about modding Skyrim special edition in consoles?
>>
>>341780262
?
>>
>>341777864
They are not wrong.
>>
>>341784370
It doesn't begin until the 22nd.
>>
>>341777864
>2 GB limit on xbone
>first beta on PS4 has a 900 MB limit, no sound mods because the PS4 is a special snowflake
>>
>>341784409
It will work the same way as FO4.
>>
>no quality control by bathesda
>this will somehow won't turn out badly for console keks

I'm for it. Let that shit brick their poor people computers.
>>
>all the triggered alt-right fags ITT

toplel
>>
>>341784135
You don't understand how mods work you fucking imbecile. You don't just edit some files to makw more complex mods. There is more to it than that.
>>
>>341784460
He's saying he doesn't like PC elitism but also doesn't like morons on consoles.
>>
>>341784397

And why didn't this happen in the Nexus years?

Just do whatever Nexus did
>>
Is there anything more toxic than this console war/pc master race meme?
>>
>>341784545
Interesting, could you, theoretically of course, release a mod which bricks a console? Purposely or otherwise?
>>
If they released the mods aailable to console people wouldn't be """"""stealing """""""" them
>>
>>341784595
>I don't like anyone!
So why'd he even write it? he knows his shitty community falls into one of two categories
>>
>>341781287
I Play Bethesda game on both platforms, and I don't see why you are so against the idea of playing in consoles . Unless you want to turn the game into a sex simulator (in which case you are better off buying a sex simulator) even with mods the game is essentially the same.

Now my experience primarily comes from playing Oblivion on PC and recently I reinstalled with mods and browsing in the Nexus I have realized that 90% of mods are lorebreaking or look out of place in the game, those that don't are minor gameplay tweaks that in now way make significant changes to the game.
>>
>>341784409
yeah it's got the same beth.net or whatever it is as fallout 4 does, so I can only imagine that if they don't figure it out by then it will be the same shit all over again.
>>
File: 1455226807526.jpg (218 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1455226807526.jpg
218 KB, 900x1200
>No Wrye Bash
>No Script Extender
>No ENB
>2GB limit
>No graphics enhancing mods of any kind
>No TES4Edit or similar tools to remove conflicts
Yes, the PC is in no way superior to the console versions in any way shape or form. You aren't some kind of right-wing bigot are you?
>>
File: 1464034657791.png (2 MB, 2036x1508) Image search: [Google]
1464034657791.png
2 MB, 2036x1508
>PC pride is bigoted and right wing

IT BEGINS
>>
>>341784618
yes
iirc there's an end user agreement on the console modding platform saying you beth is not responsible if you brick or fuck up your saves
>>
>>341781181
>Hiding identities
You took this from reddit, didn't you?
>>
Trump mods when? I want to build walls in the wasteland
>>
>>341784602
It still happened, sort of. It only got big when there was a serious new place to get mods. When they did paid mods on Steam, mod theft was big. Now they have console mods on beth.net, and it's big again.

>>341784695
What about normal people? PC users and console users who don't feel entitled to everything.
>>
>>341784602
By being ban happy and publicly posting it for everyone to see. Granted, some of the banned members are hilarious. Like this guy; https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/395881-lord-slyther-banned/

>Oh and you want an attitude problem? I'LL SHOW YOU A BIG F**KING ATTITUDE PROBLEM!! WHO THE F**K DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!? WHO ARE YOU TO TARGET SOMEONE AND ADMIRABLY PASS JURISDICTION?!? To clarify, you don't own this site. The only individual that owns these family of sites is Dark0ne, and the decisions of judgment are ultimately up to him. I'm not real life friends with him or anything, but I hope one day he'll see your acts of corruption, and f**king strip you of service from the mod team. And when your badge is on the floor, I WILL STOMP ON IT AND SMASH IT!!! I like to express how much I f**king hate you now, and I have my solid reasons for it.

>I hope you're f**king proud of yourself, because one day, the greater justice will hunt you down, and you will answer for your crimes. When you go to heaven one day, and God asks "Why did you do all this?", YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING TO SAY, AND YOU WILL BE SENT TO THE DARK PITS OF HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!
>>
>>341784839 + no quality control from Bethesda

Oh boy. I'm sure someone ia gonna have some fun with this
>>
File: bricked.png (110 KB, 1300x355) Image search: [Google]
bricked.png
110 KB, 1300x355
>>341784618
Some other anon is currently building a mod just for that purpose.
>>
>>341785041
>What about normal people?
normal people wouldn't read that wall of verbal diarrhea. I know I didn't
>>
>>341777864
>If you think PC is a superior platform and act like a baby about it you're a bad person
...ok? Why did they feel the need to make this announcement?
>>
>>341777864
Did anyone actually read the entire post? It was pretty good to be honest.
>>
>>341785135
We're not talking about what OP linked. We're talking about what >>341780262 said.
>>
>>341780294

The diff is we get mods the consoles can't handle.
Let's say a mod comes out to put skills back into the game.
It WILL require Script Extender
Consoles won't get it.
>>
>>341783582
>i stole this mod because i was mad
>he's a garbage person who makes good content
>i altered it to try and fix it
>if it breaks your save file just blame the original author

why does anyone take consolefriends seriously?
>>
>>341784839
So, could you, theoretically of course, have an angry person brick hundreds of consoles out of spite?

Theoretically of course. Please note, by me asking this, I have actually no skills required to do this, but it's still interesting.
>>
>>341785243
tl;dr

honestly this entire issue is only interesting enough to read the shiposts about on /v/, and not much more
>>
>>341784618
If you had a mod popular with console users, why would you suddenly punish them for liking your mod?
If you're just a vindictive asshole you probably don't have enough talent to make a good mod anyway.
>>
>>341777864
How are they wrong? What's bad about consoles being able to download mods?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>341781181
>You're
>>
>>341785316
>We're not talking about what OP linked
This should be a banner
>>
>>341785351
>>341785108
it's already in the pipe
>>
>>341785108
God speed, anon. God speed.
>>
>>341785413
The post is about consoles users being butthurt they can't use mods that literally cannot ever work on consoles and other consoles users stealing mods they didn't make and uploading them onto bethesda.net.
>>
>>341784839
the game makes a backup of your saves every time you install mods, and while I wouldn't rule out bricking, it seems fairly unlikely.

A mod might crash the game, sure, but the damage it can actually do is minimal
>>
>>341783992
So no good mods can be on console.
>>
>>341785380
More like I'm worried about vindictive people who would do it out of spite. I have no specific need to do it, but.. See >>341785108 they exist, friend.
>>
>>341785351
I assume the mod would be taken down fast and the theoretical modder would be banned. Theoretically you would need an organized group for that.
>>
>>341784934
Why don't you check the filename, you retard.

This image has been circulating /v/ for at least a few days.
>>
>>341785108
truly the hero we need
>>
>>341784618
Possibly. You'd need a dedicated group working on it to find an exploit. It would be easier to make something break saves.
>>
>>341785626
I'm not refusing to admit vindictive people don't exist. I'm on 4chan, after all.
I'm saying if your primary purpose is to brick consoles, good luck getting it to lots of users.
>>
lazy freeloadin console-adians
>>
>Only PC players can create mods
>(Some) Console users act like they have a right to play said mods because Todd said so

Also;
>PC user tests his mod, it works fine, put's it on Bethsda.net for console users
>Console users says the mod doesn't work correctly for consoles
>Author who only has a PC can do absolutely zero bug-testing to see where the problem is/what's the cause

Console modding is a novelty, and not even a very good one.
>>
>>341783726
show me one instance of this happening
>>
>>341777864

Stop. Time-out, Zack Morris style. I need to address this issue. If that upset you. If the very thought of mods on consoles upsets you. Stop reading. Infact, just leave the site. You’re very likely to be a douche and an endemic problem within the PC gaming community. There is nothing wrong with the concept of mods being available on consoles.

There is.

"Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."

And considering that Bethesda/Zenimax did try to make paid mods a thing...

The end is nigh.
>>
>>341785741
>A reddit-tier image has been circulating /v/ for a few days
>Therefore it's not reddit-tier
kys
>>
>>341785704
>bethesda moderating content

i don't think you're following the issues here.
>>
>>341785108
I don't have anything against console users but this is hilarious. Reminds me of the old day.
>>
>>341785704
>>341785769
>>341785786

Don't people have control over comments? What about releasing a mod which is 100% legit, then breaking the limiter in an 'update' which then bricks the console on 1000's+ of at the moment happy people... Then the modder goes

>Ooops, sorry folks! I made this on my PC using PC hardware, guess consoles can't cope with it after all!
>>
>>341784818
>Wrye Bash
>mfw still don't know what this shit is so many years later

I just install mods
>>
>>341781619
>Remember the shitstorm when Mount and Blade was getting ported to consoles?
>calling this a shitstorm
>>
>>341786093
the console wouldn't get bricked you moron. At most you'd crash the game.

Barring some currently unknown exploit, of course.
>>
>>341781871

Remember when we used to get free map packs and expansion packs.then bethesda came with the great idea known as dlc.
>>
File: Console Mods.jpg (26 KB, 306x429) Image search: [Google]
Console Mods.jpg
26 KB, 306x429
>>
>>341786212
The guy said it could be possible to create a mod which causes the heatsink to overheat and melt. That would brick the console, anon.
>>
>>341785902 See >>341783582, and there are dozens of these things.
>>
>>341784717
>90% of the mods are lore breaking
only if you're a fucking retard that downloads as many thomas the train engins xd mods as possible
>>
>>341784824

>Ontario licence plate
>>
>>341783162

Because consoles ruined video games.
>>
File: feels cool man.jpg (8 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
feels cool man.jpg
8 KB, 222x216
>not toasting poor faggots consoles with mods
>>
>>341786093
I'd make it on a semi-random timer instead. Updates would be too obvious, and you'd need to rely on word not spreading before people update. Random failures would just make it look like mods are unreliable on consoles. Everyone failing at once would make it look like you did it.

>>341786412
That seems unlikely.
>>
>>341786412
That guy's talking out of his ass. You don't have that kind of control over the console at that level.
>>
>>341786171

It's a mod manager iirc, I used it back when I played Oblivion but it's been a while
>>
>>341777864

I'm perfectly fine with consoles having mods, more power to them, but there's limits to what kind of mods console can support and in some cases it could be a lot more work to port a mod to console.
>>
>>341779616
>drm for mods
go back to the mental asylum u retarded mongoloid
>>
>>341781773
because Modders (also Nexus owners) want to get paid, retards earned gazzilions by porting Newgrounds games to smartphones,
now its time for modders to earn hueg $$$ by porting mods to consoles..
Some shit you just cant sell to owners of a PC(but some shit you can even shit out)
>>
>>341786412
not possible, the console would autoshutdown long before that could happen
>>
File: ruggarell thread.png (547 KB, 700x1594) Image search: [Google]
ruggarell thread.png
547 KB, 700x1594
So PC are the defenders of humanity, and consoles are the dumb niggers nobody wants near them?
>>
>>341782220
That would have been so much better than the route they went.
>>
>>341786171
it's a mod manager. Most people use it nowadays for the bashed patch, which fixes conflicts between mods that interact with the same item slots.
>>
>>341786417
so where's the proof about the original mod getting down voted into oblivion
>>
>>341784198
I never made mods and have ad blocker

most people are the same way. fuck off faggot
>>
>>341786771
>go back to the mental asylum u retarded mongoloid

random comment
> I'd like to ask, what is your opinion on the prospect of "Mod-DRM" and the likes, as it has been discussed among mod authors lately?

Nexus guy
>I honestly see no problem with inserting hidden scripts in to mods, that only trigger if the mod is used on a console, that informs users that the mod has been stolen and uploaded to Bethesda.net without permission (and to perhaps please report the mod).

>I'm obviously not in favour of any form of DRM that would ultimately damage a console player, his console or his save game.
>>
>>341786212
Shut up that doesn't fit my 1337 hacker fantasy. *Theoretically* I am going to release a mod that has an epic virus that will make those babys' consoles burst into the devil's flames in order to teach the the true meaning of SATANIC ANARCHY. And I'll do it Anonymously, of course. They'll never be able to find me amongst the Legion.
NEVER FOGRIVE
NEVER FOGRET
WE ARE COMING FOR YOU
>>
>>341786705
What he was struggling to say was that he'd have a mod that overworks the console so that it overheats. You don't need control, but the console won't let it happen.
>>
>>341777864

The creators of these mods have the right to dictate what platforms it can be used on. Anyone who says otherwise is infact in the wrong.

If someone doesn't want their mod on console then you respect that or you fuck off. You didn't make the mod, you have no say in this at all.
>>
File: VEHDEHVEH.jpg (88 KB, 1010x546) Image search: [Google]
VEHDEHVEH.jpg
88 KB, 1010x546
>>341777864

bait
>>
Didn't someone bring it to attention that people were making mods that couldn't be ran on consoles just for the sake of them not being able to be ran on consoles?

Like adding some kinda code to it so it wouldn't run off of PC?
>>
Quick and somewhat related question
is the PC version of skyrim 2 going to cause mod Armageddon? It's not a forced patch which is nice I guess but I can see all sorts of issues arising from the possible upgrade
>>
>>341783582
wait ddproductions? that guy is pretty fucking chill
>>
>>341784190
>That's merely a meme created by the console shitters

>this thread has dozens of PC babbies shitting themselves right now
>>
>>341787072
I'm pretty sure that you can just force your mods to "use" that script extender thingy that doesn't run on consoles.
>>
>>341787013
right, you're clearly a right winged bigot
>>
>>341782167
It really isn't
>>
>>341777864
>Nexus Mods Goes Full Shill/Damage Control for Bethesda
How about they go full HTML5 and get a site that doesn't load up like it's partially stuck in dial up?
>>
>>341786412
>silicone would get so hot it would melt what i assume is an aluminum heatsink
>the console wouldn't be bricked at half that temperature

you realize aluminum melts at like 600 C right?
>>
>>341787217

I don't even know what that means. I'm pretty dumb anon. Explain it to me in words I can understand.
>>
>>341777864
it's not that i think consoles shouldn't be allowed to have mods it's just that you wouldn't think to allow or disallow a dog to run for president
>>
>>341777864
Just another reminder that anti-PC Master Race can't handle banter.
>>
>>341787327
you support trump
>>
File: 1456356455295.png (190 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1456356455295.png
190 KB, 557x605
>write a script loop in your mod
>console shits itself

Salt farming was never easier.
>>
>>341787384

I'm not even American.
>>
>>341781412
Shut up Sonyfag, no one here is bashing you. You aren't the faggots who ruined console modding

It's the fucking Xboxfags
>>
>posted by dark0ne
well that's no surprise.
>>
>>341777864

what's the op about even

the mods aren't paid on consoles are they? and they're free on pc. They're not really shilling.

Mods on consoles doesn't really effect pc at all

Are we just making fun of the nerds arguing about it
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.