[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silent Hill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: latest.jpg (3 MB, 3504x2332) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
3 MB, 3504x2332
How do I let go of a series that only had 2 legendary games? Is there any point in buying the HD collection and how do you rate SH games and could the series be dead when a new movie is on the way?

SH2>SH shattered memories>SH>SH3>SH DP>Dogshit>Orgins-SH4>Homecoming.
>>
Im probably the biggest Silent Hill faggot you could possibly meet. My advice is to just let it go man. Honestly, the series is dead sadly. Being a fan is suffering.
>>
i remember the hd collections being fucked up, like the environments were ruined because of draw distance and fog or something, and the voice actors were different. i agree with your ratings op, shattered memories was great.
>>
File: BsmYW0BCMAA654I.jpg (14 KB, 415x281) Image search: [Google]
BsmYW0BCMAA654I.jpg
14 KB, 415x281
>>341632808
Never forget
>>
>>341632940
I don't remember the original SH2 looking this much like ass.
>>
>>341632808
>shattered memories
How is the emulation? Playable or bugged pain in the ass?
>>
File: SH PC Guide - Jan 2016 sml.png (2 MB, 1300x3453) Image search: [Google]
SH PC Guide - Jan 2016 sml.png
2 MB, 1300x3453
>>341632391
>How do I let go of a series that only had 2 legendary games?
SH1-4 all were legendary.
>Is there any point in buying the HD collection
FUCK. NO. It's a horrible disaster.
>and how do you rate SH games
SH1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > SM > > > Horseshit > rest.
>and could the series be dead when a new movie is on the way?
who the hell even WANTS more films?

>rating any of the post-Team Silent games above TS' games
>DP anywhere but rock bottom.

anyway, SH thread?
How about reposting the DL links to the PC ports, and the SH PC Guide image:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

>>341633553
The game still looks very nice.
The HD collection version literally looks worse.

>>341634049
run like ass the last time I tried to run it, but it's been a couple years now...
>>
>>341632808
>i remember the hd collections being fucked up
It's beyond fucked up, and lack of fog is one of the lesser issues.

It is literally the most embarrassing thing to ever be released with "HD" on the cover.
>>
>reminder that it was SH2 fags that ruined the series
>muh symbolism
>>
>>341632391
Honesly, I kinda agree with your rating of the series. I guess I'm a bit more positive on Origins but other than that it basically reflects my opinion.
>>
>>341635664
make that neo-SH "fans", that only played SH2 because it was so hyped, and they can pretend that there's no supernatural stuff, or "cult shit" like they call it.
>>
>>341636058
Origins and Downpoor are THE worst shit in the main-series games. I have no idea how anyone can stomach those.

HC may still be shitty, but at least it runs and controls decently.
>>
>>341636596
The side-missions made Downpour better than HC, aside from that DP had more in common with Alan Wake meets the suffering. I gave it a chance cause if it didnt have SH in it it would be liked more. HC was a grey blob but had excellent bosses shame they didn't put HCs monsters in DP.
>>
>>341637691
>The side-missions made Downpour better than HC
And those are in my list of all the things horribly wrong with DP.

Seriously, they were nothing but a filler. Running around in a world made out of copy-pasted buildings, collecting things that "unlock" a short cinematic of MC idling on a grassy hill? Yeah, fuck that shit. How about making an actual PLOT and fixing both the gameplay AND the performance?
>>
>>341638250
It was filler that fit the games atmosphere. You're right on the plot and performance.
>>
>>341636596
>Homecoming being better than Origins and Downpour.
Please don't abuse substances while posting on 4chan.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.