[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give yourself a reason why you cheat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (743 KB, 3584x4608) Image search: [Google]
image.png
743 KB, 3584x4608
Why would anyone cheat at a video game?
>>
Why not?
>>
i cheated at max payne 3 so i could unlock the harder difficulties
>>
I cheated to spawn a tank in GTA3
>>
Because they are shit and cannot beat the game legitimately or because they have already beaten the game legitimately and want to hurry through it/mess around for whatever reason
>>
To have additional fun after enough regular fun has been had
>>
>>341535935
For extended playtime or humour.

Like big head mode and rainbow blood in Turok and Goldeneye.
>>
>>341535935
To get more fun out of a game you have already completed.
>Play as a secret character all the time
Examples:
>Sephiroth in FF7
>Chaos (Not feral) in Dissidia
>Fou Lu (all the time) in BoF4
>Oxide in CTR
>>
I only cheat in a game when it has a broken mechanic. For example, there's almost always one skill or weapon in a FF game that is missable. And you have to read a guide to even know it exists. I'm not going to play the whole game over just for that one item. So I cheat to get it.
>>
Define 'cheat' for me.

If you mean, 'Gain an unfair advantage over your opponent for the purpose of winning', I don't.

If you mean, 'Dick around doing things the game normally won't let you', it's fun.
>>
Because the game broke, and I need to cheat to fix it.
When facing the wrestler, his animation became unaligned, and he fell under the arena.
Restarting the mission etc did not fix it, since it was melee weapons only I was unable to hit him.
I used a cheatcode to spawn a gun and finish the game
>>
fun
>>
>>341536996
This but also with "If it's a game I've already completed once before and don't feel like doing the grind a second time" or "If it's a really shitty or cumbersome or broken part of a game that would otherwise be enough to make me so bored I would quit outright, but a bit of cheating would allow me to still milk some remaining fun out of it" as good enough reasons.

But people that cheat in online games just for the sake of getting wins are literal children
>>
>>341536996
The latter for me.

I've never beaten any of the main story of any of the GTA games (last one I played was SA) because I'm too busy dicking around with the pedestrians have weapons + pedestrian riot cheats.

It's hilarious.
>>
>>341535935
To save time getting back to a game-state I want to play.
>>
File: Yev1q.gif (409 KB, 286x318) Image search: [Google]
Yev1q.gif
409 KB, 286x318
>>341535935
I only cheat when I've beaten it 100%. Then I use Action Replay and such to break the game, see what makes it tick and extend its replay-ability threefold.
>>
>>341535935
normalfag think its humorous for some reason ive no idea why
>>
>>341535935

Typically, I cheat after I'm "done" with a game to extend its life with mindless fun.

The only time I cheat before I even play a game is if there is a difficulty I want to play and the game gates it behind finishing an earlier playthrough, Looking at you Bioshit Infinite...and you were still too easy.
>>
Playing FIFA 98 with the referee strictness down to 0 is the most fun I ever had in a sports game. Tackling the goalie was hilarious every time.
>>
In Bethesda games when the game inevitably bugs out
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.