[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a cloister of trials episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: 1463633631387.gif (2 MB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
1463633631387.gif
2 MB, 300x240
>it's a cloister of trials episode
>>
>it's a if you don't get this secret item during your first visit you're fucked episode
>>
File: grapefruit with face.jpg (142 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
grapefruit with face.jpg
142 KB, 640x480
>it's a "rip out and replace every sphere on the grid to fight the bonus bosses" episode
>>
>>340864672
This shit, on top of FFX's already terrible story and characters, is what really broke the camels back.
>>
>>340864838
did X have any of those? I can't remember any
>>
>>340865224
>need to collect all destruction spheres to unlock anima
>besaid temple is guarded by a bullshit boss during your second visit
>>
>It's a Grand Wizard Wakka episode
>>
File: CDjY1QcWgAEDs-n[1].jpg (33 KB, 600x608) Image search: [Google]
CDjY1QcWgAEDs-n[1].jpg
33 KB, 600x608
>it's a Wakka says something problematic episode
>>
>>340865375
well you are fucked for a while, but that's not a missable
also there's a jecht sphere behind it
>>
>Get the remaster for FFX-2
>Dresspheres and actual gameplay locked behind hours of cutscenes and shitty minigames

No wonder I didn't have many memories of that game.
>>
>>340865375
Easiest Aeon to cheese.
>>
>>340865383
Seen this webm a million times just noticed that girl beside her has a Patrick shirt.
>>
>>340865375
If you fuck up you can always pay the jew samurai to make all your troubles go away. But why wouldn't you do the full puzzle when you're there anyway? Free loot and shit.
>>
>>340865697
I keep telling people X-2 has fucked design but nope let's pretend you have to employ strategy in the easy as fuck boss fights.
>>
>>340864672
>finished game for the first time with HD version
>didn't read a faq, missed some stuff
is it worth grinding 30 hour in omega tower just to defeat some dark aeons?
>>
>>340868057
>But why wouldn't you do the full puzzle when you're there anyway?
Because in half of them it's easy to completely miss the destruction spheres. Especially the first one.
>>
File: It Begins!.jpg (59 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
It Begins!.jpg
59 KB, 500x376
>>340865010
>mfw I'm going to have to start doing this soon
Ho boy. Here we go again.
>>
>>340868652
I didn't find that particularly hard to spot. The area is small and if I remember right you just have to walk back a little to get it. And it's not "permanent" until you continue onwards so you can just explore the place. The tutorial messages or whatever mention that the destruction sphere is the key to treasure. What kind of madman leaves a dungeon without getting all the treasure?
>>
>>340871061
The first trial needs you to get a sphere out of the door, where after you put it in the door the door slides open and due to the fixed camera angles you can't even see it anymore. Due to unfamiliarity with the systems in place you can easily assume that there's something more in the next room and proceed without being aware of where the cutoff point is or that you won't be able to come back later.
>>
>>340871061
It's a bifurcation. If you go left instead of right you trigger a cutscene and can't go back unless doing the whole thing again.
>>
>>340871061
>What kind of madman leaves a dungeon without getting all the treasure?
Millenials
>>
you can only miss 4 Al Bhed Primers. Everything else is obtainable later somehow. And this is only important if you are after the trophies
>>
>>340871395
I rewatched the Besaid one to refresh my memory, and nah you can very clearly see that there's something behind where the door opens, which is where the destruction sphere is, and the room it's supposed to go in looks so ominous that you'd want to try every sphere in it right away. Besides, I don't think unfamiliarity is an excuse when the puzzles start that simple. All you need to know is that there's a treasure you use a destruction sphere to get, and you find that early on. If you were experimenting to learn how it works, that should be the first thing you mess with.
>>
File: 31-adreamsend_(41).jpg (44 KB, 308x480) Image search: [Google]
31-adreamsend_(41).jpg
44 KB, 308x480
I have no clue where to use this
>>
>>340864672
I liked the music in the cloister of trials.
>have the international version but no console that can play it
>>
File: FFX 2016-05-29 18-16-41-14.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
FFX 2016-05-29 18-16-41-14.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1440
>>340865010
Feel good man.
>>
>>340873126
>255 is my favorite number because of this game
>>
>>340865224
I'm pretty sure if you can't visit Bevelle temple twice.
>>
>>340872817
>When an al bhed run toward you shouting "ymmyri ygrpyn"
>>
>>340873126
>whole thing is just a line forming circles with very little deviation

God, FFX's sphere grid was absolute shit. Literally just manually leveling up based on RNG drops.

At least it inspired a game to do it correctly.
>>
>>340874432
And I'm pretty sure you can't finish that temple without open the chest.
>>
>>340874432
Bevelle's destruction sphere is mandatory. You can't miss it for Anima.

The Al Bhed Primer right before you enter can be missed forever, though.
>>
>>340874725
Really? I remember a friend of mine couldn't get anima because he missed a sphere. We did some backtracking later and there wasn't any sphere to be found in the other five temples. We concluded that he was permafucked because Bevelle temple.
>>
>>340875072
Yes, really. You can't complete the dungeon without taking the destruction sphere reward.

There's an optional treasure near it a lot of people miss that is unrelated to Anima.
>>
>>340864672
The cloister of trials was a great idea. The best part about dungeons are the puzzles, so why not cut out the random battle nonsense and just keep the puzzles?
>>
>>340868652
>Because in half of them
>Besaid
Takes an extra minutes, maybe. Not easily missable. unless you're just not paying attention or even trying.
>Kilika
Pretty simple and obvious.
>Djose
Less obvious solution, but you can't miss the destruction sphere.
>Bevelle
You literally can't progress without it. The only thing that's missable is the actual treasure chest, and that's if you run straight past it like some kind of moron.
>Zanarkand
Pretty clear that it's there, but it takes more time to clear.
>>
>>340864672
Can someone explain what happened here?
>>
>>340874613
>At least it inspired a game to do it correctly.
What game?
>>
>>340875841
>The only thing that's missable is the actual treasure chest
Not really, the chest literally block the path.
Only missable chest in that temple is a weapon for kimahri.
>>
>>340872420
I was replaying the game with the HD collection and I completely forgot that you had to get the sphere back out of the door after using it. I think it's a pretty reasonable thing to miss.
>>
couldn't bring myself to finish this game. hated most of the characters other than auron, really hated the voice acting (shouldve played it in japanese), thought the combat was fun but way too easy, the extreme linearity, the shit minigames, super shitty cloister trials. i did at least like they world they built and the general plot as well as the art design and music, but good art and music is final fantasy standard.

just really dont see how people love this game that much other than nostalgia, imo.
>>
>>340864672
>>340873126

I thought this game was for fans of the games, not trying to highlight everything bad about it.
>>
>>340876195
>>340875841
There are two treasures in Bevelle. The first one is required, the second is missable.
>>
>>340876694
Wait, do you mean the very first glyph sphere? You have to reuse that one to continue anyway, so that would have no bearing on the destruction sphere and is something else entirely. When you go through the door you can still see the sphere there glowing and with how much importance they place on them in the explanation along with the hole being similar to the one it starts in, it makes it kinda clear they need to be reused I think. But either way since you can't proceed at that point you have plenty of time to figure out how it works so you can know how to get the treasure.
>>
>>340873126
>putting points into accuracy
>>
>>340878181
You're completely mistaken. After opening the door the only steps to complete the trial are to examine the wall, which opens up the next room with the Besaid sphere, and then put that sphere into the pedestal, which opens the path to the exit. The glyph sphere in the door and everything it's used for are entirely optional.
>>
>>340876000
It's when Rikku is about to tell Wakka that she's an AlBhed in the desert.
>>
>>340873126
Is that the HD remaster? I really don't like how they changed a lot of styling details. It makes the graphics feel much much cheaper than the old low res version.
Has the remaster any redeeming quality content wise? New stuff, or replaced mechanics?
>>
>>340876049
not him but i assume he's talking about path of exile but idk
>>
File: 20160602210636_1.jpg (314 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160602210636_1.jpg
314 KB, 1920x1080
>>340876000

Disdain for Al Bheds.
>>
>>340879181
The new faces are arse but the new textures are a lot better, and speedup is always a great addition.
It's pretty lacking in that it hasn't updated anything of the actual game and the menu design is still just as garbage as it was the first time.

The music is a mixed bag, some is better and some is worse.
>>
>>340879786
>speedup
Top kek, that was certainly needed. I don't think I could go back to play ffx on ps2 after a playthrough on pcsx2.
>>
>>340878746
Ah right my bad, I got it mixed up. Still, with how important the spheres are and how similar the holes are along with even the way the game asks you if you want to take it makes them seem like they can be taken back out. Hell if all else fails you can always just reload the save for the treasure since the puzzle is so simple.
>>
>>340880089
>Hell if all else fails you can always just reload the save for the treasure since the puzzle is so simple.
Yeah, that's what I did. But the point stands that one could easily miss it, not realising that you'll be fucked by a dark aeon if you decide to go back later.
>>
>its an aryan bruddahood episode
>>
>>340880464
It doesn't seem so easily missable to me but I guess we're just at an impasse. I think now we have to fight to the death or something. The dark aeon is a hilariously huge kick in the nuts though if you don't pick up the treasure for some reason.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.