[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
idgi: The Meme: The Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (47 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
47 KB, 460x215
Maybe I'm too spoiled by modern AAA streamlining, but I fell for the meme /v/. This game has the worst gunplay I've ever seen. It's not even passable as realism, because your pistol can't hit more than 10 feet in front of you. I know what realism looks like vs shitty gunplay - I play ARMA on a regular basis.

But I know that's not what people play this game for. It's the RPG elements and branching plot that people stick around for, right? It's definitely a unique story and atmosphere, if a schizophrenically confusing one for the first entry in a series. The UI would hold up in a retro-styled indie game today.

Please tell me it gets better than this first dock, /v/.
>>
are you underage
>>
>>340845638

You've got about five seconds to beat it efore I add you to the list of NSF casualties.
>>
Yeah it gets better, within 6 months
>>
File: 1457777242991.jpg (1 MB, 1393x5000) Image search: [Google]
1457777242991.jpg
1 MB, 1393x5000
>>340845638
do you have a singlicious satisfact to back that up?
>>
>>340845638
(you)
>>
>>340845638
Try playing System Shock 2. It's MUCH better even though it's 1 year older.
>>
These days I'm not even sure who's actually trolling and who's genuinely an underage retard.

Here's (you).
>>
>>340845638
Don't think of it as an FPS. Reminder this came out around the time Morrowind did. It's a stealth adventure game
>>
>>340845638
>Using guns for anything other than extreme emergencies

I found the problem
>>
>muh gunplay
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>340845638
It's not an FPS you idiot. If you want to run and gun it, you better get your combat skills high. Otherwise, think a little and figure out a way to solve your problems without relying on shooting everything and maybe you'll begin to understand what makes the game so god damn good.
>>
GUYS i just started playing metal gear solid and the game is too hard????
like i just keep getting killed???? are my guns too weak??? like wtf everytime i shot someone everybody else come to me!!!!
>>
>>340845638
Because of you we can't have nice things
>>
File: 1465443119294.png (80 KB, 254x259) Image search: [Google]
1465443119294.png
80 KB, 254x259
>retro-styled indie game
i'm taking the bait
>>
>>340845638
Oh, you're gonna burn all right.
>>
>>340845638
>This game has the worst gunplay I've ever seen.
The gunplay is almost universally hated. Stick to stealth.
>It's the RPG elements and branching plot that people stick around for, right?
Pretty much, except the plot doesn't branch.
>Please tell me it gets better than this first dock, /v/.
It does.
>>
>>340845929
>Choosing NSF
Illuminati 4 life nigga
>>
God, increase your weapon skills or aim more carefully if you want to be accurate you fucking retard. Not that the gunplay is ever particularly good, but having problems hitting things ten feet in front of you can only be a result of low weapon skills - as should be completely obvious for anyone who has ever played an RPG in his life, or even anyone who can read fucking english.
>>
>>340845638
The game isn't really about shooting. And even though sneaking is one of the more satisfying ways to play the game stealth isn't the point either. Deus Ex is about the emergent scenarios the player can find himself in and figuring out ways to get through the game given his particular character build and skill set.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.