[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, this came out today. Who has it? Are you enjoying it? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 814864_200x130.gif (950 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
814864_200x130.gif
950 KB, 550x550
So, this came out today. Who has it? Are you enjoying it? It's not nearly as crazy as the original concept was three years ago, but it's a decent little shmup. The music is the best part, but that seems to be a recurring theme with WayForward games.
>>
I've only watched the trailer. Looked like some shitty flash game with no real direction of what it wants to be
>>
>>339874615
>The music is the best part, but that seems to be a recurring theme with modern shmup games.
Fixed.
>>
>>339875032
I agree anon, but fantastic music has always been part of the shmup genre. Thunder Force, Gradius, Air Zonk, the list goes on.
>>
>>339874892
I'm ashamed to admit that I gave the hacks over at the humble store twelve whole American dollars for this game alone. Cristina V. gets on my nerves with how cute she tries to sound.
>>
>>339874615
Unless it gets a wii u version I'm not getting it, but already out? woa
>>
Pretty good for a bonus, non-retail game. I was expecting much worse.

My biggest complaint is that guns don't drop very often considering they're the main gimmick and one hit makes you lose them.

The jokes are pretty cringe worthy but Kebako can be kind of cute.
>>
Never even heard of this before, but I see the word "catgirl" so I'll at least give it a look
>>
Can't buy it.
Ever. It's a humble monthly exclusive.

They cut the date to the 1st instead of the 5th for some reason this month, which means the one time I was going to buy a bundle I missed it.
And it was full of decent games this time instead of garbage.
>>
>>339875943
Pirate it
>>
>>339875729
It was an April fools joke from a few years ago, promising several different genres of game smashed together in what appeared to be an unplayable mess that was pretty funny.

>>339875437
I can't play it for any extended period right now, but I liked the pea shooter the best. All the other guns I tried were too unpredictable for me.
>>
File: cgws.jpg (96 KB, 530x318) Image search: [Google]
cgws.jpg
96 KB, 530x318
>>339875729
Pic related was the original mock-up.

>>339875390
I hope it makes its way to console, but I highly doubt it.
>>
File: file.png (12 KB, 602x157) Image search: [Google]
file.png
12 KB, 602x157
It's cute and decent enough for what it is, but I wish WF would stop throwing out short experimental titles and actually make something full length that isn't Shantae. I realize that most of their staff is working HGH but still.

also
>>
>>339876381
What the fuck is a MEOW file?

On second thought, don't answer that question. I'm sure i'll figure it out.
>>
So they're never going to make it available anywhere else ever?

>>339876560
It's whatever. You can make up your own file extensions if you want, they're trivial since their only use is to tell Windows what program should it open the file with.
>>
>>339876698
Beats me. It's their title, so I think it gives them full reign to release it whenever and wherever the want. Look at Shantae: Risky's Revenge. That games is on almost every console under the sun

As for the MEOW file, I guess that's clever.
>>
>>339874892
So a wayforward game then.
>>
where can I get this game, I didn't see it on the humble store
>>
>>339874615
Where can I buy this game?
>>
>>339878634
>>339878528
I'm not positive, but I don't think you can buy this game anymore. It was a part of a monthly bundle and if you didn't subscribe by the deadline, the bundle changes and the game is lost in annals of bittorrent.
>>
>>339878634

You gotta subscribe to Humble Monthly.
>>
I would love to see a full game of this concept, but this is a good mini game that mostly suffers from being too short for its ideas.

Hopefully the rumors about a full version are true.
>>
>>339878945
>>339878954
Why would the developers only allow you to access the game via Humble's monthly subscription service? Why not let people just straight up by the game?
>>
>>339874892
It's a WayForward game.
>>
>>339874615
qt op has my interests
post moar
>>
>>339874615
No wonder /v/ likes wayforward. They do the same retarded over designed shit as jasp
>>
>>339879073
>>339878945
lol
then I guess I'll just pirate it and they'll get nothing from me
>>
>>339874892
"some shitty flash game with no real direction of what it wants to be" was kind of the whole joke of it originally, it was an april fools thing.

That said it's not an inaccurate complaint. I downloaded it when someone posted a mega link and it was okay but only because I was looking at it through the lens of "this might be a neat little novelty thing" and I didn't have to pay for it. If I had bought it expecting something good I would have been upset for sure.
>>
>>339879073

It's funded by Humble to promote their Humble Monthly service.

>>339878997

Jake said that they'll be able to make more titles for the series if it's received well enough.
>>
>>339879168
I don't think i've seen any R34 of Kebako yet. Considering she's been a concept for three years, I think that's some kind of modern record.
>>
>>339879582
>It's funded by Humble to promote their Humble Monthly service.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks anon!
>>
>>339874615

someone posted the mega a while ago, there are only 3 stages, and they drag out a lot so honestly it's not a good shooter and you can clear the whole game in less than an hour

however it's a really weird game, everything has this dumb 80' anime aesthethic, the gun are all stupid as fuck (there is one that shoot pacman, one that shoot bubbles a-la puzzle bobble, another one that shoot megamans that jump on enemies,another that let you attack like you are in an rpg)

if you are looking for a proper game you should pass but if you are looking for a novelty game go for it,because it's hilarious one of the boss is literaly sephiroth dressed like a cook except he's called chefinoff and he smacks you around with a rolling pin while summoning boiling pot and i'm sorry to admit i just found it pretty funny
>>
>>339879678
>>339879556
If someone has already uploaded it to Mega, why has no one posted the link? I wanna see if it's shit firsthand
>>
>>339879897

open your mouth wide... aaaaaahhhhhh

https://mega.nz/#!Q5YnGTyZ!wV8ysVhxni-1kh_XipUGJgcn_WC_Uv2cXnkEcAUWbMk
>>
>>339879678

to add to what i said, at the end of the game you fight your evil clone so she has all the same guns as you except they are different

so since you have a gun that summon not-megaman she has a gun that summon not-sonic, except he runs all over the screen trying to catch you and in the end he crashes face first and loses all his rings in a last ditch effort attack

then not-tails comes to pick him up, it's fucking hilarious, for what's basicaly a joke game i was seriously surprised by how much details there was in it
>>
File: YEEEAAAAH.gif (2 MB, 320x300) Image search: [Google]
YEEEAAAAH.gif
2 MB, 320x300
>>339880186

Thanks, anon!
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.