[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CEO of Take-Two Strauss Zelnick doesn't believe in VR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Strauss-Zelnick.jpg (484 KB, 1249x1196) Image search: [Google]
Strauss-Zelnick.jpg
484 KB, 1249x1196
http://www.pcgamesn.com/take-two-boss-says-no-to-vr

>“It’s way too expensive right now,” Zelnick told attendees at the Cowen and Company Technology, Media & Telecom Conference, via Gamespot. “There is no market for a $2000 entertainment device that requires you to dedicate a room to the activity.

>“I don’t know what people could be thinking. Maybe some of the people in this room have a room to dedicate to an entertainment activity, but back here in the real world? That’s not what we have in America.

>“We have like $300 to spend on an entertainment device and we do not have a dedicated room. We don’t have something where you stand in a big open space and hold two controllers with something on your head - and not crash into the coffee table. We don’t have that.”
>>
>>339827831
He's right
>>
>>339827831
What a short-sighted asshat.

>There is no market for a $2000 entertainment device that requires you to dedicate a room to the activity

Literally the same argument used for TV's in the 50's.
>>
>>339829997
Okay Palmer, now fuck off.
>>
>>339829997
>“It’s way too expensive right now,”
>right now
>right
>now
>>
who?
>>
>>339830250
So he's admitting it will eventually be a big deal?
>>
he's right, first gen fucking sucks

probably will fucking suck until they get holograms working, or at the very fucking least a headset where you don't trip yourself from the miles of cable you're required to attach to your fucking head

also the image quality is beyond awful (blur, chromatic abberation, bad focus) and the FOV is retardedly tiny
>>
>>339831407
>CEO of Take-Two Strauss Zelnick
Can't you read?
>>
>>339831491
are you admitting you are retarded
>>
he's right tho
>>
He's totally right, it's a niche as fuck product.
>>
File: clockwork.jpg (191 KB, 704x944) Image search: [Google]
clockwork.jpg
191 KB, 704x944
>>339827831
OY VEY
>>
>>339828225
This
>>
>>339831745
>>
>>339831745
How the fuck is him being jewish relevant here? Go wank on the right stuff or something.
>>
File: merchant vessel.jpg (91 KB, 570x875) Image search: [Google]
merchant vessel.jpg
91 KB, 570x875
>>339831964
>>
>VR

woaw so interesti ResidentSleeper
>>
>>339827831
Literally the only big companies not saying this are hardware producers who want to make the vr device everyone uses. I doubt any AAA will have vr support (that isn't half assed) for quite a while
>>
>>339829997
Well if history is anything to go buy then he's absolutely right in that most, if not everyone is going to wait several years until they're cheaper and there's something worth watching, or in this case playing.
>>
File: strauss_fitness.jpg (109 KB, 494x665) Image search: [Google]
strauss_fitness.jpg
109 KB, 494x665
Zelnick is pretty based

>"The market asks us, 'Why don't you annualize your titles?' We think with the non-sports titles, we are better served to create anticipation and demand," he explained. "On the one hand to rest the title and on the other hand to have the highest quality in the market, which takes time. You can't do that annually."

>"What we would like to do is be able to have enough hit intellectual properties in any given year, whether we have Title A or Title B, is not the issue," he said. "We'll have a handful of really great franchises and new intellectual properties that together really have the economic impact of an annualized business without the detriments of an annualized business."
>>
>>339831491
No, he is admitting it MIGHT be, just like if COULD have been two times in the past already.
>>
>>339832496
but hes jewish
>>
there is literally nothing wrong with being jewish
>>
>>339834270
just because he's a dirty jew, doesnt mean he's wrong
>>
>>339834270
i wish this meme would fucking die already. it's been more than 60 years now. time to move on, grandpa.

and i'm not even jewish.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.