[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to emulate Local Co-op PS2 online? I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Baldur's_Gate_Dark_Alliance.jpg (17 KB, 256x328) Image search: [Google]
Baldur's_Gate_Dark_Alliance.jpg
17 KB, 256x328
Is there any way to emulate Local Co-op PS2 online? I really wanted to play this online with a friend.

Also, general thread about this genre I guess? What was your favorite couch co-op game?
>>
unless it has online or lan functionality, no.
>>
I remember playing Dark Alliance II with a friend all evening through to about 8 in the morning.
He got the shitty cleric and I had the broken monk and he kept complaining about my overfocus on DPS. And we kept laughing at how useless his summonable sword spell was.
Good times, man.
>>
Champions of Norrath was essentially the same game and had online.
>>
>Bought LotR Two towers, Return of the king and Dark alliance 2 for cheap last week because my cousin kept bugging me about them
>Don't have a PS2 and won't buy one right now
>mfw
>>
>>339513440
Man I fucking loved both Dark Alliance titles.
It saddens me that I will never ever be able to co-op them again. Fuck console exclusives for making fantastic games become practically unavailable
>>
>>339513440
You can look into PSX2, but it's one of the worst emulators ever.
>>
OP, as you know there's a Gamecube version of Dark Alliance, you might be able to use a Dolphin Netplay build to play co-op with your friend. I know for a fact that Project M (Smash Bros Brawl mod) Dolphin netplay works perfectly, if you google "project m netplay guide" you'll find a step-by-step tutorial. Theoretically it should work with any game but I've only confirmed that it works with PM.

Also, as an added bonus, Dolphin is overall a much better emulator than PCSX2. Although I like both but PCSX2 requires fixes and tweaks far more often. You'll likely be able to play Dark Alliance at 6x res on Dolphin (you can also look up whether it supports progressive scan.)
>>
>>339513440
I bought this for a euro last week from a charity shop.
Is it any good?
>>
How are the TMNT games on gamecube/PS2?
Looks like it could be some fun co-op.
>>
>>339517518
OP, I just looked it up and it should work, you just need to be absolutely sure both you and your friend have the exact same Dolphin netplay build and Dark Alliance iso. Be certain he doesn't have a different iso than you do, like a PAL version, greatest hits version, etc. But it should work and you can both use any controller you want, I use wireless 360 controllers with Dolphin and it works great. Here's the official Dolphin netplay guide. https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/netplay-guide/
>>
>>339517987
Holy shit I swear anon if you're pulling my leg I'll get pretty depressed.
I've used Dolphin before but I just never even realized DA was released on Gamecube.
>>
>>339518289
I promise I'm not pulling your leg, but I can't promise you won't have desync if your friend has shitty internet or if your friend is technically inept and asking you "how do I set emulator controls?" In fact if he asks you that question just show him pic related. You can also drag and drop a premade controller profile as you probably already know. Also, here's the Project M netplay guide, obviously you'll be playing Dark Alliance instead but the instructions and FAQ will likely be helpful for you (it also has a link to the Dolphin netplay build. Be sure you download the netplay-specific build and NOT the regular build.) http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-3-6-online-via-dolphin-netplay-setup-optimization-guide.346700/
>>
File: Controller Config.png (25 KB, 748x394) Image search: [Google]
Controller Config.png
25 KB, 748x394
>>339518792
Fuck, forgot pic related, here are the controller settings/deadzones I use.
>>
>>339518919
Thanks anon, I'll test this out later. If it works fine (hell even if I can just emulate DA1 on my own) I'll be happier than you can know.
>>
>>339519381
Too bad the sequel was not released on gamecube.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.