[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying from cdkeys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 0000151251.jpg (215 KB, 860x970) Image search: [Google]
0000151251.jpg
215 KB, 860x970
I'm thinking of buying Overwatch trough cdkeys but have never use a service like them before, it is safe? has anyone have a bad experience with them? or its it better to buy the standard edition directly from blizzard.

Im thinking of buying origin just for the skins.
>>
>>337607879

>Risking $50 to save $10

Retard
>>
Generally it's safe, you have more risk buying from an "marketplace" seller, but from the actual website/business is ok.

If you you want save money & buy without worry, order the physical edition from Amazon.

Amazon Prime members get 20% off on pre-orders of physical games
>>
File: Capture.png (113 KB, 1274x669) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
113 KB, 1274x669
Just for reference to this >>337608968
>>
>>337609173
that's a good deal but unfortunately i don't have a prime membership, to bad because that would be i think the safest and cheapest way to get it.
>>
>>337607879

You won't get the widowmaker pre order skin, you get everything else.

I bought, Arkham Knight for $22 and MKX for $19 at the release because of all the shit happening the price tanked.

No problem at all with those two, i was lurking the internet to see if they would have some kind of problem with Dark Souls 3 on leddit and neofag and so many were pounding their site it got offline, people were freaking out that they got scammed and cdkeys simply started sending emails and everything were alright in the end.
>>
>>337610168
If price & safety is a concern for you why not just buy the "basic" game then from battle.net?

It's $40 you'll just miss out on some pretty meh skins and some miscellaneous bonuses.

You will still get the Noire Widowmaker skin also
>>
CDkeys is completely safe, I've bought from them and Instant Gaming for a long time. The only times I've been scammed was on G2A and Kinguin, on G2A my steam key was revoked and G2A refused to refund it or make the seller send me another even with the insurance charge, on Kinguin I bought a pack of six random steam keys and it was all free trash keys from gleam giveaways. CDkeys and Instant Gaming have never steered me wrong.
>>
Is G2A safe?
>>
>>337611094

Link

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch
>>
Started using CDKeys this year, worked without a hitch for me so far. Just bought Doom from them.
>>
>>337611170
They're pretty safe with pre-orders.

I've never had a problem with them but being scammed by the marketplace sellers is not uncommon
>>
>>337611170
No, you're dealing directly with shady sellers often from Eastern Europe who get their keys revoked all the time. I'm sure there's legit sellers on there but a lot of them are cowboys and revoking keys takes a few weeks so people often leave good feedback then get fucked when Russian steam finds out keys were bought with stolen credit cards or some shit.
>>
File: based cd key thiefs.png (208 KB, 887x346) Image search: [Google]
based cd key thiefs.png
208 KB, 887x346
>>337610828
>I bought, Arkham Knight for $22 and MKX for $19

Sorry i got those games WITH the season pass, that's why it seemed too good to be true.

A example here, i took this screenshot September 25, 2015.

The game was released September 1, 2015.
>>
I've bought like 3 games from CDkeys and it was fine every time
>>
>>337611546
Mad Max is practically worthless now, it bombed and price dropped like a stone even on consoles after release. There's a reason it was in a Humble Monthly Bundle last month.
>>
>>337607879
wait 4 weeks and then buy at g2a or so
>>
File: based cd key thiefs 1.png (204 KB, 868x392) Image search: [Google]
based cd key thiefs 1.png
204 KB, 868x392
>>337611709

I know, that was the price in the same month it was released.

Pic related is now.
>>
cdkeys is not accepting my Paypal account for some reason, I know it's not my card because I bought from Funstock digital yesterday and it went fine, is the other payment method from cdkeys legit? never heard of skrill before and I'm not sure if I should trust it
>>
Been using cdkeys for 4 years, never had a single problem and 9 times out of 10 they are the cheapest.
>>
How are keys so cheap there with no region locks whatsoever? For example a site like nuuvem has cheap keys but most are region locked
>>
>>337612137
that's a paypal issue
>>
>>337607879
I've used it multiple times, it's legit
>>
>>337612432
Nuuvem is an official retailer, which means they get keys directly from publishers. CDkeys, however, is not, they're on the gray market, they're not illegal, but they're not official either, their keys comes from various places, most of which is unknown to the public.
>>
>>337612479
What do you mean by Paypal issue? Is it known that Paypal doesn't work with cdkeys? Because I'm sure I bought some games from cdkeys before using Paypal. Also what about the other payment method, is it legit?
>>
>>337611094
I thinking to go with this after all, guess i can live without the skins ( only wanted the one for tracer) just to be completely on the safe side, but at least for what i see cd keys is fine and most people have no issue with them.
>>
How well does battle.net handle russian CD keys? G2A has russian keys for Overwatch for 35€.
>>
>>337612865
no what i mean is that if you have an ongoing transaction it sometimes doesnt let you do more

at least ive had that problem
>>
it's legit. Bought R6:Siege, The Division and its season pass and a few other games all for at least 40% less than retail.
>>
>>337613129
>How well does battle.net handle russian CD keys?

If the key is region locked (I know for a fact Starcraft II keys are) it won't let you activate, you could potentially use a VPN to activate the game, but you're risking getting your account shut down permanently, and Blizzard has shut down accounts for much less.
>>
>>337611526
G2A's support is pretty good. If you get a revoked key just talk with their support and they'll either refund or give another key
>>
>>337608968
>>337609173
Bestbuy Gamer Club Members get this too.

It doesn't have to be a preorder only game, but it has to be its current sale price. Can't price match and get 20% off.
>>
>>337614641
what happens if you get the key revoked a month later? I doubt support would do much
>>
>>337611564
>>337613293
yup bought SFV + Season pass and Division Goyim Edition through CDKeys and it was fine

Except I didn't get the Hazmat preorder bonus but Ubi eventually just gave it to everyone because of how bad a flop the Division is
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.