[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I do not normally get angry at videogames, but Dragonslayer Armor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: dragonslayerarmour1_tc.jpg (674 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dragonslayerarmour1_tc.jpg
674 KB, 1920x1080
I do not normally get angry at videogames, but Dragonslayer Armor in Dark Souls 3 has been giving me the most grief thus far.

I had less trouble with Pontiff and Aldrich, hell, I had more trouble with Pontiff than Aldrich, Dancer or Oceiros with my SL30 build.
>can't bleed
>can't do enough frost burst damage at SL30, simply taking too long to accidently mess up and instantly die
>Butterflies randomly shoot giant orb of one-shot fun

How the FUCK did anyone do a fucking SL1 run in this game?
>>
>>337482982
>ow the FUCK did anyone do a fucking SL1 run in this game?

by not being bad like you
>>
>>337482982
Step one would be to acquire proficiency
>>
>>337482982
people have beat SL1 without dodging or blocking

you can literally sprint around any problem in this game
>>
>>337482982
how do you even have trouble with this boss? all his moves are huge wind-ups and are easily rolled
>>
File: 1400946760150.jpg (30 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
1400946760150.jpg
30 KB, 367x451
>>337482982
>Aldrich
>Hard
>>
>>337482982
Am I the only one that wish that bosses armor was obtainable? I love it's whole design.
>>
>>337482982
Just roll and attack
I ignored the butterflies and they didn't even hit me
>>
>>337483520
You aren't. I wanted to wear his full set when I saw it, weapon and shield too, just to be disappointed.
>>
>>337482982
Are you playing on PC?

I had the same situation as you, but it was because my framerate liked to jump between 20 and 60 in that fight because Lothric Castle is an unoptimized area and SLI support in DSIII is garbage.

Dragonslayer Armor is one of those
>Dodge
>Dodge
>Chip damage
>Dodge
>Dodge
>Dodge
>Chip Damage

Kind of fights. As long as you're patient, and have a stable framerate, he's actually just a shitty Fume Knight and is one of the easier bosses in the game.
>>
>>337483446
I get hit by the butterfly's single giant orb attack and the Dragonslayer armor follows it up before I can roll.

I can get his health down pretty far but that's all it takes, just a shot in my back
>>
>>337483746
>Kind of fights.

Isn't that every single Souls boss
>>
>>337483828
Nah, just the "Big, fast, aggressive dudes in armor fights".

AKA, the fucking worst kind of bosses.
>>
>>337483797
but the butterfly orbs have a cone area they fire in and the chance to get hit by the first few are slim to none if you are actually moving. when the start firing them just keep rolling
>>
Next boss is a lot harder
>>
>>337484090
Holy shit anon the butterflies have three different kinds of attacks.
>cone of shit
>lasers that explode afterwards
>a single giant orb of shit
I've fought this boss in NG+ and NG++ at SL60-100 and it's been a breeze every single time.

I'm only having trouble now because I'm SL30 and the Butterflie's third attack keeps hitting my back. My tactics don't work anymore and I was hoping someone on this board ALSO did a SL1-30 run to give me tips.
>>
>>337482982
I had a lot of trouble on my first playthrough with NK and Armor.
Now i'm in ng+++ and only twin princes kicked my ass a few times.
You just need time to get used to his slow delayed attacks.
>>
>>337482982
Try to circle around fountain when you get to second phase.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.