[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How autistic do you need to be to fully appreciate this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: factorio.jpg (853 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
factorio.jpg
853 KB, 2560x1440
How autistic do you need to be to fully appreciate this game?
>>
you don't need to be autistic to enjoy video games.
>>
>>337232825
>anything I can't understand in less than one minute is autism
casual logic
>>
>>337232825
About 2
>>
The great thing about Factorio is that the factory assembly is pretty organic. You look at 'finished' factories and go "Wow what the fuck kind of autist put this shit together." But when you play it's just really simple, and then two-three hours later you look at your factory and wonder how the fuck you made something so streamlined and autistic.
>>
>>337232825
There is almost zero autism in this game. It's not minecraft where you autistically collect shit or do the same things all over again. In factorio you design and build machines that do everything for you.
>>
17 hours after getting the games 2 days ago
>>
Is the multiplayer easy to set up?
I'm considering getting it with some friends.
>>
You need the mod that adds shitloads of different resources to make it even close to being an autism game. Try Dwarf Fortress for autism.

>>337234386

Might require some port forwarding.
>>
File: data_9_img.png (145 KB, 900x550) Image search: [Google]
data_9_img.png
145 KB, 900x550
>>337232825
>not even a full virtual factory hierarchy system
I bet you don't even optimize your buffers using deconstruction methods and solving the two-machines problems with convolution LMAO
>>
>>337234506
Dwarf fortress isn't that bad once you get it running and understand the basics.
>>
>>337235518
Yeah, but understanding the basics takes weeks and months.
>>
>>337236460
If you're retarded, then sure. The UI is a bit confusing and figuring out what minerals refine into what metals is a bit of a pain but weeks or months is just retarded. Just pick up the game, have the wiki open on your other monitor and start fucking around. You'll get it down in a day or two.
>>
>>337236460
>months
What.
I failed two games in which I was completely stuck at every issue and died not knowing why, then I started getting going smoothly with the exception of the military, which was objectively shit and still is to this day. (military is also optional, you can start out without invaders for your first couple games)

The problem I have, outside of military, is that coal is too inconsistent. It just doesn't appear in 80% of my maps with normal settings despite selecting a zone with the proper layers. That ruins your progression, unless I set minerals to very high, which in turn makes it too easy for every other ore.
>>
>early access

Is it playable?

When will it finish?
>>
>>337239180
It's playable but will never be finished. The gameplay has been treading in place for 3 years now and they only added a flawed multiplayer mode and exchanged the placeholder graphics with what they consider to be final ones. It's one of those games like Mincraft that needs mods to be interesting after playing it for a few hours.
>>
File: 2.jpg (551 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
551 KB, 1920x1080
Nothing autistic about it. You need G. You get G by combining E and F. You get F by combining D and E, and E by combining C and D, etc. also turrets because attacks lmao

What about this game? factorio IN THREE DEEE
>>
>I don't understand how this game works, it must be for autists!

Alright OP, you can stop posting now.

*Whipcrack*
>>
I enjoy it. I'm a mechanical engineering student though.
>>
>>337241353
OP here, you misunderstand.

I'm considering getting it, but am unsure if my (relatively minor) autism levels are sufficient for this game.

From the looks of things, I'll be fine
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.