[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait there is something I don't understand Why is Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 961x759) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 961x759
Wait there is something I don't understand

Why is Nintendo dead? All I'm hearing is >no NX at E3 but does that really matter? As for the Zelda thing, they did it with TP, I'm not saying it was good for them to do it, I don't feel like it's such a big deal

And we don't know shit yet. Why is everyone assuming that new games for the NX might not be teased?
Is the shitposting this bad?
>>
File: 1393164726606.jpg (40 KB, 401x494) Image search: [Google]
1393164726606.jpg
40 KB, 401x494
>another le nintendo is dead xd thread
>>
Nintendo will have nothing till the NX comes out. You might as well call them dead.
>>
File: 1455120273122.png (69 KB, 1058x1079) Image search: [Google]
1455120273122.png
69 KB, 1058x1079
The Wii U was a failure by every possible criteria. The NX is Nintendo's last chance at relevancy before going backrupt. If they don't release it soon, they'll have to compete with whatever bullshit Sony and Micro$hit release next, which doesn't bode well for Nintendo considering what happened the last 2 console generations.
>>
>>335677629
Sonyggers on /v/ doing damage control because they know Nintendo is going to destroy them.
>>
>>335677914
I know this is bait, but I like seeing /v/ aka Nintendogaf being BTFO by Nintendo hitting the shitter. Enjoy the fall niggers.
>>
>>335678020
>Nintendo has so much money they can be in business for 50 years
>Sonygger thinks they're doing badly

HAHAHAHHAHA
>>
Everything is extremes and drama here because people are dramawhores that want shit to be exploding all the time.

If you want to discuss things normally, you just ignore those.
>>
>>335678097
>i have no idea how business works: the post
>>
>>335677901
This. If nintendo ends up having the weakest console on the market again, it won't end well for them.

What I'm hoping is that they maybe waiting and seeing what ps4.5 will be power wise and matching the NX closer to that in terms of specs instead of going for the old and busted ps4 specs.
>>
>>335677901
You are retarded. Is this a shitpost or are you actually this deluded?
>>
>Nintendo has begun announcing titles like Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing to phones
>no new ips for 3DS and Wii U this year
>NX coming out next year, Zelda will likely be also delayed until then

Are you serious? I had no idea Nintendrones were this braindead.
>>
>>335678097
Too bad 10 billion of those 15 billion vanished in just 5 years.
>>
>>335680530
I don't get the butt hurt behind mobile
It's not even the main game
Who the fuck cares?
And it'll take them some quick bucks so I don't see how they can die
>>
>>335677629

TP is not a relevant comparison because the GC also had Windwaker. Even the Wii had Skyward Sword, despite that being crap.

This means that the Wii U, which is nearly four years old, has only a handful of big releases.

>only Zelda games are remakes
>one Mario game, not in the 64/Galaxy series
>no metroid
>Starfox comes when the console is essentially dead
>basically fuck all third party support

I own a Wii u and I like it - Mario kart was probably my 2014 GOTY, and bayonetta 2 is a hell of a lot of fun, but they seriously screwed the pooch on this one
>>
>>335681138
>Nintendo notices they can make more money on mobile than using their consoles
>start porting games to mobile
>people no longer have a reason to buy Nintendo consoles
>ded

It's not rocket science anon
Know who else noticed they could make more money staying out of the console business and releasing 3rd party games? Sega. And they were pretty much in the same position Nintendo is now.
>>
You're on /v/, what the fuck do you think? Everyone here is desperate for more Tortanic EPIC FAILS XD and tries to force every single thing that occurs into a giant meme.
>>
File: 1461559017347.png (597 KB, 500x621) Image search: [Google]
1461559017347.png
597 KB, 500x621
>>335681685
Yeah, Nintendo is fine! Everything is fine!
>>
>>335681581

I would rather they did just make third party games to be honest. Having 2-3 good Nintendo games a year and not having to shell out on a new console not having to put up with forced controller gimmicks the whole time would be nice. Plus they might be forced to develop genuinely decent online capability.

As for Zelda - does anyone think Nintendo is capable of developing a good open world game? Given how high the standards are these days. Wait until e3 I guess but presumably it's just going to be a watered down pile of crap.
>>
>>335678502
Power has absolutely nothing to do with sales. A console's success is based on having a lot of games, being cheap, and having the biggest early adopter base.

The PS1 beat the N64 because it was out first, the PS2 best the GameCube because it was out first, the 360 beat the PS3 because it was out first, and every single one of those was inferior to its competitors by a wide margin.

People buy the console their friends have, ALWAYS, and whichever console has the most owners gets the most games. Wii U was killed because it had a shitty launch, therefore no one made games for it, therefore nobody bought it, and so on.
>>
File: CIrkWKWUcAIgf-Y.jpg (32 KB, 590x432) Image search: [Google]
CIrkWKWUcAIgf-Y.jpg
32 KB, 590x432
What do you expect OP? /v/ is both a) desperate for the next tortanic and b) full of retarded neogafers that will shitpost everything Nintendo does
>>
>>335682778
Feels good being a superior nintenbro huh xD
>>
>>335682319

The Wii u's launch was atrocious. I remember for the longest time pretty much the only games out for it were ports of already-old PS3 games. Then for a very long time the only real Nintendo IP was Pikmin...and yeah I did enjoy The Wind Waked HD, but the killer app saviour of the console shouldn't be a remake of an old game.

Who else would put up with this shit? Would it be excusable if the "must buy" game for the PS4 this Christmas was a HD remake of vice city?
>>
>>335677629
They're pulling what the dumbasses making games for the PS4 and XBone are doing. They're making games for their old console, so Zelda isn't gonna showcase the power of the NX. So when the BIGGEST GAME COMING TO THE NX SUCKS no one's gonna get it. Because why the fuck should they?
>>
>tfw good games will eventually die put because normies have such a stranglehold on console trends.
This doesn't count just for Nintendo but Sony as well. PS4 only has a handful of worthwhile games as well.
>>
>>335677629
Gamecube had its own Zelda: Wind Waker. Each Nintendo console starting from the N64 has had at least one exclusive 3d Zelda, but now it takes so long to shit them out that WiiU won't have its own Zelda.

Also, early 2017 means that it took 6 years to do a fucking Zelda game, just after they took 5 years to make SS. They take way too much fucking time on a product that might not even be good.
>>
>>335677629

Zelda will be the only game playable Nintendo has this year at E3.

That means we'll have literally nothing to go on until the NX launches in 2017, except maybe Paper Mario which isn't being shown for some bizarre reason.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.