[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did she taste like, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: Priscilla.png (575 KB, 1088x757) Image search: [Google]
Priscilla.png
575 KB, 1088x757
What did she taste like, /v/?
>>
>>334668295
30000 souls.
>>
>>334668428
/Thread
>>
File: lifehunt_scythe.png (32 KB, 201x230) Image search: [Google]
lifehunt_scythe.png
32 KB, 201x230
I'm thinking chicken.
>>
She didn't get eaten.
Aldrich had the dream about her while eating Gwyndolin.
Aldrich has not finished eating Gwyndolin.
Ergo, Aldrich has not yet had a chance to even go after Priscilla.
>>
>>334668658
>She didn't get eaten.

keep telling yourself that, furry faggot
>>
>>334668658
this
>>
>>334668761
I don't even like Priscilla.
I'll tell you what I do like though senpai.
Logic.
>>
>>334668658
>consuming her soul is worth 12k
>consuming Gwyndolin's soul is worth 16k
>consuming Aldrich's soul is worth 15k
>Aldrich hadn't finished consuming Gwyndolin yet
>rest of that bulk has to come from somewhere

From his soul text

When Aldrich ruminated on the fading of the fire, it inspired visions of a coming age of the deep sea.
He knew the path would be arduous, but he had no fear. He would devour the gods himself.

>He would devour the gods himself.
>plural
>>
File: 1455326304545.jpg (33 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1455326304545.jpg
33 KB, 625x626
>>334668761
>get's caught knowing nothing
>"lol no"
good job shitposter-kun
>>
>>334669019
He uses Nito's Gravelord Greatword, plus that description is about his plans, not what he already did.
>>
>>334669019
He ate tons of other things, mostly men but likely a few unnamed gods as well. His bulk came from before he started eating gods, Crestfallen confirms this.

He ate multiple gods. Priscilla was simply not one of them. It is logistically impossible.
>>
>>334668295
Like a mix of cat fur and feet
>>
>>334669142
He uses an attack made out of bones because he's a giant puddle of goop full of corpses. Which contain skeletons.

Nito's catacombs are so far away from Anor Londo while the Painted World is just up some stairs and around a corner.
>>
>boss drops an item you have to murder a character from a previous game to get
>furfags scramble to come up with explanations why their waifu can't be dead
>>
>>334669361
Gravelord Greatsword.
>>
>>334669019
>deep sea
Shouldn't that say Abyss?
>>
>>334669495
It's possible Aldrich and the rest of the Cathedral misinterpreted the Abyss as the 'Deep'. It is very ancient.
>>
>>334669483
Except he doesn't, it's a miracle.
>>
>>334669483
Again, I really don't give two shits about Priscilla, but it's impossible for her to have been eaten and you're ignoring facts if you still dispute that.
>>
>>334669582
Except he does. It's the same name as the item you previously got from her soul.
>>
>>334669767
>Except he does.
>doesn't drop the actual scythe
>just a miracle
>>
>>334669492
Gravelord Greatsword was a reward from the Gravelord Covenant, not from killing Nito.

Besides Nito was already incinerated to the lord vessel by the PC in DS1.
>>
>>334669767
It doesn't matter. Fanservice item additions do not take precedence over cold hard logic. Unless you'd like to argue that Artorias somehow ended up in Dark Firelink and stripped off his armor there for giggles?
>>
>>334669019
He ate Gwyndolin, Nito, and Izalith. Priscilla isn't a god and besides the dream while munching the only other connection to her is through the nameless king.
>>
>>334669863
>item changes form but keeps the same name
>thinks they're totally different things

From a game director's perspective, imagine what this does to your game space if you were thinking about putting Priscilla in the game later as like, DLC, or a hidden boss or something.

Now if the player is able to fight and kill her what do you have her soul do? Turn into an item with the exact same name as something you already created? Give her an entirely new reward?

It's like the MLG, every game they have to find a way to give it to the player. This creates the opposite problem, you just gave them the reward from a previous character, if you bring that character back you've worked yourself into a corner where you need something new.

It's a pretty good sign they've written her off.
>>
>>334670363
>He ate Gwyndolin, Nito, and Izalith.
I'm going to lose my shit if I see someone post this one more time.
He did not eat Nito or Izalith.
All of the Lords of Cinder have fire spells. No other evidence for Izalith.
The bones in his body are from the countless people he's eaten. No other evidence for Nito. Gravelord scythe argument is faulty to begin with.
>>
>>334670363
>ate Nito

How? Nito was used as kindling in DS1.
>>
>>334670387
Are you completely fucking retarded, or just pretending to be? What part of "He saw Priscilla in a dream while eating Gwyndolin, and he's still fucking eating Gwyndolin" are you not getting?
>>
>>334670387
>It's a pretty good sign they've written her off.
Written off =/= died in this very specific way which also conflicts with basic logic.
>>
>>334670542
The Lord Souls never stop existing and keep reappearing and reincarnating throughout time, like Seath showing up everywhere over and over.

He probably ate Nito's lord soul.
>>
Is Aldrich the slug on the bottom of the boy on top?
>>
>>334670498
He is literally using a magic version of the Gravelord Greatsword on a stick as a weapon.
>>
>>334670676
or maybe
and this is a wild guess
maybe it's that other thing that looks exactly like that which you also get from his soul
you know the lifehunt scythe
>>
>>334670779
Sure, if it looked anything like it. Too bad it doesn't. >>334669492
>>
>>334670581
Aldrich is basically a serial killer.
He half-eats a dude, which gives him a vision of another potential victim hiding away.

Using simple logic, you should be able to assume that puts her as next on the hit list. Gwyndolin is dead, he's not still struggling with Aldrich. That dude is as eaten as Aldrich wants him to be, they're more melded at this point since he is able to use Gwyndolin's attacks in his battle.

So he kills Gwyndolin, absorbs him partially, then what to do next? What's dessert?
>>
>>334670779
im not sure he ate nito either but do you honestly think that >>334669492 looks like lifehunt scythe miracle?
>>
>>334669492
>mfw hearing gwyndolins broken voice after the fight
We couldn't save her in time, feels very bad man.
>>
>>334670658
>Seath showing up everywhere over and over

Except he doesn't?
>>
>>334670968
>So he kills Gwyndolin, absorbs him partially
that is not how aldrich works
he has eaten literally thousands of things, men and gods, and not one of them, except for Gwyndolin, is sticking out of his body.

He likes eating his victims slowly. Very very slowly. His mouth is fucking full. Gwyndolin was his most recent and last meal.
>>
>>334671067
That's not Gwyndolin's voice, that's Emma's. You don't hear it unless he's the last lord you kill because Emma summons you at that point.
Gwyndolin is dead as fuck by then.
>>
>>334671110
This is high level delusion, sorry folks this poor guy is a lost cause
>>
>>334671218
>no indication whatsoever that aldrich ever only partially consumes anything and then leaves it dangling out of his mouth
>not immediately believing this is the case because some rando on the internet said it is delusion
Okay, anon.
>>
>>334671067

>her
>>
>>334671067
Jesus fuck, you didn't get a single thing about that post right.
>>
>>334671209
Aww for real? I felt so good that we free'd Gwyndolin from slowly being digested for a thousand years only to hear her final words.
>>334671284
This shitty meme os getting pretty old friend.
>>
>>334671110
Probably because not one of them before Gwyndolin would be worth keeping some of the leftovers around for doing cool aerial attacks.

You think you can transpose Lifehunt Scythe from Aldrich's soul simply because Aldrich had a dream about Priscilla? That's not how transposition has ever worked before. The abilities come directly from the soul. Gwyndolin's items make sense to transpose from Aldrich because he obviously ate him. Why add the Lifehunt Scythe at all if he didn't eat Priscilla? Why wouldn't you be able to transpose an item from someone else Aldrich ate?
>>
>>334671473
Yeah, sorry. No parting words from him. Also Gwyndolin's a dude nigga.
>>
>>334671473
Gwyndolin is a guy though, doesn't matter if you're using tumblr definitions or not.
>>
>>334671279
1. You're acting like we know the full backstory of Aldrich, his powers and how his whole shtick works
2. Whose to say he isn't just using gwyndolins mangled dead body to boost the power of his sorceries?
>>
It's simple bread crumbs

>hey what the fuck? how did I get Priscilla's Lifehunt from Aldrich?
>description explains how Aldrich learned about Priscilla so he could find her hiding spot
>>
>>334671494
>he's eaten tons of gods you guys!
>including nito, a bearer of a lord soul!
>but nobody before gwyndolin was worth keeping around for cool attacks!
>even though nito is infinitely more powerful and significant than gwyndolin!
>also even though gwyndolin wasn't in aldrich's mouth during the opening cutscene, where the bell rings and the lords of cinder wake up simultaneously to the unkindled, meaning that aldrich had to overcome gwyndolin, THEN slowly devour him, THEN get the dream, THEN locate Priscilla based on that dream, THEN go to Priscilla, THEN overcome Priscilla, THEN eat Priscilla, THEN slowly devour and FULLY digest Priscilla despite apparently liking to keep their corpses sticking out, THEN going right back to where he started in Irithyll, all in the time it takes for the Unkindled to go from Farron to Irithyll--

No. Items get thrown in because we want those items and that is the most related thing in the game to attach them to. Same thing happens with countless other characters. Artorias' armor. Virtually every ring in the game.

You get fucking Havel's Ring from the Stray Demon, you dumbass.

And it's just a miracle. That is deliberate.
>>
>>334671720
You didn't get her scythe though, you got a miracle imitating her scythe
>>
File: 1460636022760.jpg (188 KB, 800x1218) Image search: [Google]
1460636022760.jpg
188 KB, 800x1218
>>334671549
>>334671505
Okay I know Gwyndolin was born a dude but come on he had moon powers, Gwyn him raised as girl, wearing dress and has tits! 100% lady.
>>
>>334671795
>You get fucking Havel's Ring from the Stray Demon
A stray demon covered in rock
>>
>>334671720
Miracles are stories. You don't get the actual scythe, you get a story told from aldrich's dream.
>>
>>334671795
>he's eaten tons of gods you guys!
>including nito, a bearer of a lord soul!

You're getting us confused. I never said that second part. I don't think Aldrich could've eaten Nito.
>>
>>334671896
>A stray demon covered in rock
My gosh. You've cracked the code.
I guess Priscilla really was eaten! Getting a ring from the soul of something covered in rock, because it belongs to someone called Havel the Rock, is obviously a much more solid connection than getting a miracle of a Scythe belonging to someone you just had a dream about.

Goodness me I feel so silly.
>>
>>334671918
>Miracles are stories.
This. Miracle teacher lady makes this very clear. To cast a miracle you literally mutter a fable you've memorized and cool shit happens.
>>
>>334670498
>it's not the gravesword
>it's just the same size and shape and made out of the same material
>but it isn't the same thing

>>334671720
>he saw the scythe in a dream
>that means he went to the painter world!
>even though the scythe he uses is a spell imitation

SL1 comprehension right here
>>
File: 729d4aod3fe2fc30d93d9f.gif (537 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
729d4aod3fe2fc30d93d9f.gif
537 KB, 480x270
She's dead jim.
I'm sure once vaatividya releases his dumb lore videos we'll see a complete 180 on these deviantart tier theories.
>>
The worst thing isn't even Gwyndolin getting eaten. It's Gwynevere marrying some retarded dragon fucker.
>>
>>334672148
Yes, let's take Vaati's word as gospel because we're incapable of thinking for ourselves.

These are not deviantart tier theories.
If you fantasize about eating a twix while halfway through eating a mars bar, and then your dad comes in to find you dead with a half-eaten twix dangling out of your mouth, it's pretty fucking clear you didn't get to the mars bar.
>>
>>334672202

Gwynevere married a god of fire, fucked off, and never returned.
>>
>>334671973
Oh my god...he fucking ate the fluffy tailed onen
Knowing this I wish there was an option to make Aldritch SUFFER after you beat him. Death is too fucking good and fast for this blobby piece of shit. I would have made him fucking burn.
>>
>>334672263
>Yes, let's take Vaati's word as gospel because we're incapable of thinking for ourselves.

Yes, just take /v/'s word instead!
>>
>>334671795
>You get fucking Havel's Ring from the Stray Demon, you dumbass.

You also find a corpse with Havel's gear on it on the bridge where you fight that demon. Implying the demon killed him and absorbed his soul.

Checkmate fucker.
>>
File: 1000000000000b000000084.jpg (72 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1000000000000b000000084.jpg
72 KB, 500x375
>>334672263
>this whole fucking post
>>
>>334672294
>/v/ is one person

There's a handful of different interpretations in this short thread alone. Stop being silly and trying to start fights.
>>
>>334672294
I'm taking my own word, dumbass. Other people are apparently taking it too, because it makes sense.

>>334672296
Oh yeah. Except you find and fight Havel later in the game. Whoops!
>>
>>334672294
Vaati steals his theories from here so why not just cut out the middleman?
>>
>>334672584
> Except you find and fight Havel later in the game.

No. The corpse and armor only appears on the bridge after you've defeated the one Havel that doesn't keep respawning.

You beat him, he goes there, gets eaten by Demon.
>>
>>334672705
Solid logic actually. Like the red ribbon in BB.
>>
>>334672705
>You beat him, he goes there, gets eaten by Demon.
Right. The demon you kill about 4 hours into the game, which doesn't respawn, while you kill Havel himself about 40 hours into the game.

Makes perfect sense, anon, great theory.
>>
File: o-NESTLE-BABY-RUTH-570.jpg (50 KB, 570x255) Image search: [Google]
o-NESTLE-BABY-RUTH-570.jpg
50 KB, 570x255
>>334672263
>eating shit-tier candy bars
>>
>>334672820
wibbily wobbly timey wimey
>>
>>334672846
I have never seen those in my life.
>>
File: Lion-Bar-Peanut-Split.jpg (1 MB, 3360x1140) Image search: [Google]
Lion-Bar-Peanut-Split.jpg
1 MB, 3360x1140
>>334672846
Goddamn. I wish we had those in Bongistan.
>>
>>334672904
Great argument there chap.
I guess the next counter argument will be that Aldrich time travelled to eat Priscilla.
>>
Don't forget there is literally an army of havels.
The armour you find could just be of a grunt level havel.
>>
>>334673004
>Havel army undead legion when?
Fuck those farron Artorias cosplaying faggots, nothing can compete with an army of rocks.
>>
>>334672985
>slippery slopes everytime someone points out he's wrong

Dude come on, don't lose it. It's been fun arguing the lore.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2500x2500
>>334668295
So is Aldrich like a Shoggoth in that he just absorbs things that he eats? Was he ever a man? Hawkwood says he turned to sludge because he ate so much. What was he before?

Also, how the fuck did a glorified slug manage to kill Gwyndolin?
>>
>>334673143
There is a literal army of rocks on Archdragon Peak and that didn't stop us.

And those motherfuckers rolled like bonewheels.
>>
aldrich LITERALLY didn't eat her, he dreamt of her or yorshka and conjured up the lifehunt scthe as a magic spell after he dreamt of her.
>>
>>334673213
His response was literally 'wibbly wobbly timey wimey', friend, I think you're refereeing in the wrong corner.
>>
>>334673219
He was a man, yeah.
>Also, how the fuck did a glorified slug manage to kill Gwyndolin?
The same way he managed to kill you all those times you died in the boss room.
Also, Gwyndolin's an illusionist, his power is probably extremely situational. It's possible Sulyvahn even took away his catalyst or tied him down.
>>
>>334673219
You killed gwyndolin in 2, all he had to do was eat the body
>>
>>334673219

Hawkwood tells you he was just a normal human priest who got a hankering for human flesh (and later items tell you he was a bit of a sadistic fuck). He killed and ate Gwndolin because Sully trapped Gwyndolin in a cell before he transported Aldrich from the Cathedral to Anor Londo.
>>
>>334673328
His point is legit though. The Stray Demon is an optional boss, whose soul transposes into an item named after a character whose corpse appears on the ground in the same area after you beat him in another location.

It makes sense. You just did it out of order. Alternatively the "different universes overlapping, time getting disjointed" stuff is a major part of the narrative. Probably to explain why you would beat Havel, then backtrack to an area where a demon you already beat was and find him dead on the ground there.

What killed him? Oh right, in his world the Stray Demon must've still been there.
>>
I can't wait until Vaati establishes the REAL lore so we don't have to discuss it anymore.
>>
>>334673437
Gwyndolin's death is non-canon. He was the last one alive while Smoufh and Gough were the only knights left to defend Anor londo frm Aldrich and his croney.
>>
>still don't have any idea who this Vaati guy is beyond everyone on /v/ hating his guts
>will never look him up because I don't fucking care
>dont want to be spoonfed someone else's dumb ideas
>>
>>334673814
Some dumb british faggot that spits out reddit Dark souls lore theories onto youtube. Hemce why he's taking so long to do any Dark Souls 3 lore when it's not that hard to piece together.
>>
>>334673532
>"different universes overlapping, time getting disjointed"
You could use that argument to shut down the entire discussion without even thinking about it.
In Aldrich's world, he ate Priscilla, then time went wobbly and he had the dream, which was actually a vision of the past, which was technically his future, but he already ate her once so he has her soul.
If you're going to throw logic and consistency out of the window then of course you're going to win the argument.

>What killed him? Oh right, in his world the Stray Demon must've still been there.
Nevermind the fact that you see both the alive version of Havel and his supposed corpse, meaning his world isn't seperate from yours at any point.

Look, it boils down to this. If Aldrich is in the habit of intentionally leaving parts of his victims sticking out of his mouth AFTER eating them AND after eating AND fully digesting completely different victims, then Gwyndolin is not the only one who would be sticking out.

And this is discounting the fact that the logistics of him slowly consuming Gwyndolin and then going off to do the same thing with Priscilla AND THEN coming back to the exact same cathedral where he ate Gwyndolin are completely unrealistic, given that the Lords and the Unkindled are awoken at the same time by the same bell, and he hadn't eaten Gwyndolin yet when he awoke.

The difference between our arguments is that mine is based on things like time, practicality, and coherency of events. Practical concerns. Yours is based on distortion of time and space and some kind of grudge against furfags.
>>
Slightly off-topic. But Gwyndolin it legitimately voiced by a male in DS. Good vocal trap.
>>
>>334673997
Sounds like I'm not missing anything.
The only person I would watch play Dark Souls is grandma Shirley Curry
>>
>>334673814
He's a YouTube persona that got big off of his ability to steal theories from other fans and pass them off as his own. People started taking his word as the gold standard instead of just theories.
>>
>>334674024
The centerpiece of my argument is that his soul can be transposed into an item you would normally have to murder Priscilla to get.

Which is weird, because she was purposely hidden away in the Painted World, hiding under everyone's noses

But the description of that item suggests Aldrich learned how to find her while eating Gwyndolin, so it connects the dots.

The biggest counter-argument isn't your dumb ideas about Gwyndolin's corpse still sticking out of his body, it's

>>334671918
>Miracles are stories. You don't get the actual scythe, you get a story told from aldrich's dream.

Which makes sense, that he dreams about her and comes up with a story that is powerful enough to be wielded as a miracle.

The counter-counter-argument is that typically even a miracle based on someone has to be transposed from that person's soul. But this is muddy enough as to be plausible either way.
>>
>>334674385
The miracles are stories argument is very good as well, but I have absolutely no idea how you fail to see the validity in the corpse argument.

The fact that Gwyndolin is still only partially digested gives us a solid indication of how much time has passed since Aldrich's dream, and what he has done in that time. Which is to say: almost none, and jack shit.
>>
>>334674635
>>334674385
Oh, and one last thing: Item descriptions state that Pontiff Sulyvahn locked Aldrich and Gwyndolin in the old cathedral for Gwyndolin to be consumed.

That means Aldrich was locked in there as well.

As in he couldn't leave afterwards.

As in he couldn't go eat Priscilla and then bizarrely come back to where he started for no reason.
>>
>>334674635
It has some merit but it's not ironclad.

Aldrich is two things; very very hungry and very very ambitious. He wants to consume Gods. It's obvious that Gwyndolin has made him more powerful, having a human upper torso to swing that halberd around, shoot arrows,etc. All of his attacks are basically performed by the Gwyndolin half of himself. I don't think he would give that up easily. I don't think, even given a million years, he would finish digesting Gwyndolin any more than he has. He's better this way.

I think it's perfectly plausible that he got halfway through eating Gwyndolin to the state we encounter him in the game and then stopped. At that point, he would've been free to go eat whoever else he wanted to and, unless they were better for him to replace the Gwyndolin part with, just straight up consume them.
>>
>>334674794
They may have been locked in together at one point but they obviously aren't anymore. That Aldrich goop is all over Anor Londo, he obviously took some time to wander the castle grounds. It's plausible he stopped by the Painted World while sliming all over the place.
>>
>>334674987
>I think it's perfectly plausible that he got halfway through eating Gwyndolin to the state we encounter him in the game and then stopped
Which is fine, but doing so renders him unable to eat anything else.
Not only that, but Priscilla is just as powerful, as are any of the other Gods he consumed, so he should have applied that logic to them as well and we should be seeing their partially eaten bodies.
Not only that, but he was locked inside the cathedral.
Not only that, but we know how much time he has had to accomplish these things you claim he has done and the timeframe is implausible. It's extremely likely that the Unkindled could have gotten there in time to save Gwyndolin, were they just a little faster.
>>
>>334675063
>That Aldrich goop is all over Anor Londo,
I don't remember this, but I'll chalk that up to a faulty memory and simply say: he had to *arrive* at the cathedral in the first place, which is how his goo would be all over the place. He didn't just appear there.
>>
>>334673997
>british
He literally lives in brisbane
>>
>>334675174
>Which is fine, but doing so renders him unable to eat anything else.
Needs citation.
>Not only that, but Priscilla is just as powerful, as are any of the other Gods he consumed
She's a half-breed experiment, not a God. She's one of the weakest bosses in Dark Souls to boot. She's so weak it's a challenge not to just obliterate her when trying to get her tail item.
>Not only that, but he was locked inside the cathedral.
But obviously gets out at some point, and goes to Anor Londo, where Priscilla's Painted World is. Notable he goes there after consuming Gwyndolin. Why would he go there, I wonder?
>Not only that, but we know how much time he has had to accomplish these things you claim he has done and the timeframe is implausible.
Time and space is all relative in Dark Souls. We don't know how much time he has had to do whatever it is he wants to do.
>It's extremely likely that the Unkindled could have gotten there in time to save Gwyndolin, were they just a little faster.
See above. It's equally possible or impossible.
>>
>>334676173
>Needs citation.
His mouth is full, nigga.
>She's a half-breed experiment, not a God. She's one of the weakest bosses in Dark Souls to boot. She's so weak it's a challenge not to just obliterate her when trying to get her tail item.
She was locked away because she was a threat to the Gods, in case you've forgotten. Your subjective opinion on how hard she was to beat is irrelevant.
>But obviously gets out at some point, and goes to Anor Londo, where Priscilla's Painted World is. Notable he goes there after consuming Gwyndolin. Why would he go there, I wonder?
The fact that it's a necessary assumption for your argument to be possible does not make it 'obvious', friend. You are basically just making claims with nothing to substantiate them and then acting smug about it.
>Time and space is all relative in Dark Souls. We don't know how much time he has had to do whatever it is he wants to do.
Time is not relative to the degree that you are claiming it is. The wibbly wobbly stuff is usually used in relation to intersecting worlds and timelines. Aldrich is in our timeline. The bell wakes him and the Unkindled up at the same time. He had not eaten Gwyndolin prior to awakening. Thus, we know how much time he had.
>>
File: 1460212580377.jpg (44 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1460212580377.jpg
44 KB, 601x601
>>334668295
>dude "dude lmao imma eat gods" lmao
>souls games in charge of good story
>>
File: 1459537740639.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459537740639.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
Prisci is CUTE

CUUUUUUUTE
>>
File: 1446328849500.png (69 KB, 362x370) Image search: [Google]
1446328849500.png
69 KB, 362x370
Yeah yeah Priscilla is probably still chilling in the painted world, somewhere in an Irithyll basement.

What's really interesting now is Yorshka, she was given her name by Gwyndolin so it's pretty safe to assume that he found her. She thinks that she's the daughter of Gwyn/Gwynevere, like Gwyndolin, but we all know that's not true, just something Gwyndolin told her. If you tell her that you can't fly she apologizes for not knowing anything about the world.

Where did she come from, and why did Pointiff imprison her? She even has her own chapel.
>>
>>334676898
>What's really interesting now is Yorshka, she was given her name by Gwyndolin so it's pretty safe to assume that he found her.
Not arguing here, but where do you find this out? I didn't know that.
>>
>>334671082
>ds 1 seath
>ds 2 dukes darling freja (paledrake soul)
>ds 3 mr ocelott
>>
>>334676451
>His mouth is full, nigga.

Why do you assume Aldritch is still eating the body? Maybe the dude likes sock puppets. Maybe he's showing off the god he killed.
>>
>>334677145
Her chime that you get when you Kill her

It states that she was given the chime along with her name by Gwyndolin, and that she's super fucking lonely, probably because bro can't come visit.
>>
>>334677206
I'm not, I'm assuming that you're correct for the purposes of refuting you.
Even if he is showing Gwyndolin off and intentionally keeping him half-eaten to use his power (he would be able to use that power even if he fully ate him by the way, it just wouldn't be gwyndolin's corpse flopping around casting the spells), then his mouth is still full. Go put a cock in your mouth and just let it stay there without biting it, you'll find that you still can't fit anything else in your mouth.

Unless you're a seasoned cocksucker but now we're getting way off track.

>>334677193
The Paledrake Soul in DaS2 was just a fragment of Seath's. All of the reincarnated Lord Souls are.
Dark Souls 3 is just a guy who started worshipping Seath, became obsessed and mutated. Big Hat Logan tier.
>>
>>334672263
>a food analogy
>>
>>334677396
Kind of fitting for Aldrich, though.
>>
>>334677225
Really? That's very blatant.

Then I'm even more surprised that nobody has realized Aldrich was never dreaming about Priscilla. Priscilla was never in hiding, she was locked away. Priscilla has no concrete connection to Gwyndolin. He was dreaming about Yorshka. You're all morons.
>>
>>334677469
Yorshka doesn't have the scythe powers, though.

I'm fairly sure she wouldn't be treated as a sister by Gwyndolin if she did.

She doesn't even fight you if you punch her, just begs you to stop and says that y-you're no true knight!!!

It's kind of adorable, really.
>>
>>334677386

>Unless you're a seasoned cocksucker but now we're getting way off track.

I'm not even the person you were arguing with.

And what do you mean his mouth is full? Maybe he's wearing it like a hat. He's a blob, so he could probably eat shit with his anus anyway.

But it doesn't even matter anyway because there's no way to prove either point.
>>
>>334676451
>Your subjective opinion on how hard she was to beat is irrelevant.
Fair, but then compare her rewards in souls for defeating her to other bosses. 10k less than Gwyndolin, 40k less than Gwyn himself, half as much as Seath, etc. She's low-tier.

>His mouth is full, nigga.
What mouth? He's a blob.

>You are basically just making claims with nothing to substantiate them and then acting smug about it.

>eats a dude, has a vision of a girl hiding away
>immediately travels to the place inside which she is hiding
Yeah totally baseless assumption. Remind me, what was the reason given in the story for him to be where he is? Why else does the game say he goes there?
>He had not eaten Gwyndolin prior to awakening. Thus, we know how much time he had.
You can try to assign an amount of time he has to do all this stuff based on how long it takes your playthrough to get to him. But if I turn the game on and teleport myself to Anor Londo immediately by editing memory values does that mean he canonically only had 30 seconds to find, eat, digest Gwyndolin? Or if I am pisspoor at the game and take a million years to get there, then he has been digesting Gwyndolin for a million years?

No, because that's not how storytelling in videogames works and not how Souls games have explained they function. How many times does the franchise need to tell you time and space act strange in Lodran? For all intents and purposes he's had an eternity to do whatever he wants to do while you make your way to him.
>>
>>334677608
Yorshka is Priscilla's daughter. Her Scythe miracle is just that - a fable, a memory between a mother and a daughter.
>>
Huh wait a sec.

What if Yorshka is actually Ocellotte and Gwyndolin found her, then renamed her?

I thought Oceiros went full dragon dildo AFTER having his last child, which is why his waifu left, but if he was in the process of transforming and his new daughter turned out to be a half-breed it would explain why

A) Waifu flees
B) He gets locked away in the garden
C) Yorshka is locked away in the prison tower
>>
>>334677867
Why would she have a daughter, and with who?

I mean, barring The chosen undead

I think Yorshka will be clouded with mystery 'till we get DLC. Otherwise all we have is conjecture.

>>334677746
Anon, please, you're making way too many assumptions for your theory to make sense.
If he did really in fact finish eating Gwyndolin, then he wouldn't be in fucking Anor Londo anymore, especially in his room. He'd be off eating more and more gods.

You're assuming that he
A) Already finished eating Gwyndolin because ???
B) Then went OUT to eat Priscilla
C) Came BACK for no real fucking reason
>>
>>334677746
>What mouth? He's a blob.
I'm drifting to more controversial, less well-founded grounds here, but... I don't think Aldrich is actually a blob. Look at him closely. He's honestly more like a snake. He has a defined 'tail'-like form, and that tail meets with Gwyndolin's torso in the middle - like a snake whose jaw has dislocated to slowly swallow a mouse.

Don't get me wrong, he IS slimy. That slime in the boss room is undeniable. But rather than being an amorphous mass of goo, I think he is a very slimy snake-like creature, and has a literal physical mouth which Gwyndolin is currently filling up.
>>
>>334678035
>Why would she have a daughter, and with who?
Possibly Gwyndolin himself, further associating Gwyndolin with Yorshka and substantiating the link between them, which Aldrich discovers.
There is no real reason for Aldrich to have a vivid dream about Priscilla while eating Gwyndolin. The link just isn't strong enough. But his Darkmoon Successor? AND his very own daughter? That makes a lot more sense, doesn't it?
>>
>>334677978
Oh hey

Yeah hey that makes sense, because then she would be half-sister/sister to Gwyndolin, as they have the same mother.

>Gwyndolin helps out Yorshka
>Tells her they're siblings
>Gives her the best faith scaling chime/talismsan because he's a bro
>Even gives her a nice fucking job

Gwyndolin did nothing wrong.
>>
>>334678137
>The link isn't strong enough

What.. Why?

Has there been some guy telling you how dreams and shit work? Anon, what the fuck are you smoking.

For all we know he could be dreaming up everything Gwyndolin ever knew.
>>
File: 1449204535847.jpg (45 KB, 480x499) Image search: [Google]
1449204535847.jpg
45 KB, 480x499
>priscilla will never smash your entire body with her gigantic butt
JUSTdimsa
>>
>>334678160
>>334677978
It's a good theory, but I'm not convinced; there is a church called the Church of Yorshka in the game.
If Yorshka is just a name that Ocelotte has pulled out of her ass to remain incognito, it seems weird that there would be a location named after her. If anything, it would be the Church of Ocelotte, since the architecture of these locations always predates the point where everything goes tits up.
>>
>>334678227
>For all we know he could be dreaming up everything Gwyndolin ever knew.
Yeah, and there are virtually no links whatsoever between Priscilla and Gwyndolin in the lore. They have never been connected in any meaningful way except with this Aldrich business, which I'm almost certain we are misreading. The link between YORSHKA and Gwyndolin, on the other hand, is fucking massive and she fits all of the criteria.
>>
>>334678365
Ocelotte didn't pull that name out of her ass, Gwyndolin did.

It's also possible that Yorshka is named after the chuch, and not the church named after Yorshka.
>>
>>334670363
>Izalith

You find the corpses of the last two witches intact so that doesn't work.

>Nito

You kill him in DS1 if anything he told someone to go get his corpse.
>>
>>334678441
Aside from Aldrich's soul linking Gwyndolin and Priscilla there's the fact that Priscilla's dagger does a bunch of extra damage to Gwyndolin.

Perhaps Lifehunt is just an ability common to all dragon-hybrids? Suddenly I'm beginning to think Priscilla has nothing at all to do with this.
>>
Wait, shit, I just looked into Yorshka's Chime.
>A sacred chime belonging to Yorshka. Her brother, the former knight captain, presented her with this medium together with another gift: her name.
>her name
I am now convinced that she used to be Ocelotte. However, I'm not convinced that the knight captain is Gwyndolin. Seems like a weird way to refer to him. That said, she refers to Gwynevere as sister, so Gwyndolin being her brother would line up - however, that also means Gwynevere couldn't be her mother, meaning she is either not the Queen of Lothric or that we're wrong about Yorshka being Ocelotte.
>>
>>334678441
No link? The painted world she's stuck in is JUST ABOVE where Gwyndolin chills. He's pretty much the driving force behind keeping her still there as well.
>>
>>334678612
Like...if the person Aldrich dreams of is Yorshka that makes a lot more sense for him to travel to Anor Londo to try to find her...which he obviously fails to do since she's still alive in the Prison Tower.

He's midway through digesting Gwyndolin, dreaming about Yorshka, and getting ready for his next meal when you encounter him. The Lifehunt Ability only exists in his soul as a miracle because of his fixation on Yorshka, a half-dragon like Priscilla who shares the same power.

CANT WAIT FOR VAATI TO STEAL IT ALL
>>
>>334678665
>He's pretty much the driving force behind keeping her still there as well.
You have to admit that that's pure conjecture. We don't know if there's anything keeping her there besides the innate nature of the painted world. And the geographic argument isn't very convincing. But I'm more interested in this Ocelotte shit now.
>>
>>334678636
Oh no, no, Gwyndolin definitely is the former knight captain, I think she even mentions it in her dialogue but I can't remember for sure.
>>
>>334678718
>Like...if the person Aldrich dreams of is Yorshka that makes a lot more sense for him to travel to Anor Londo to try to find her...which he obviously fails to do since she's still alive in the Prison Tower.
He was already in Anor Londo when he had the dream, though. That's where he was eating Gwyndolin.

>CANT WAIT FOR VAATI TO STEAL IT ALL
i have taken preventative measures family
>>
>>334678636
>knight captain

She refers to herself as the "Captain of the Darkmoon Knights" so by "Knight Captain" she was likely referring to Gwyndolin.

She refers to Gwyn as her father and Gweniviere as her sister. So yeah, she considers herself the adoptive sister of Gwyndolin.

Case closed. She's Oceiros' missing daughter.
>>
>>334678792
In that case, Gwynevere is either not the Queen of Lothric, or Yorshka is not Ocelotte.
Which is strange because both seem very heavily suggested by the lore. I don't know which I believe less.
>>
>>334678917
Gwynevere is not the Queen of Lothric. She married the Flame King and fucked off. She's got nothing to do with this game.

The past Queen of Lothric was likely Rosario.
>>
>>334679045
The links between them are absolutely everywhere, though. Divine Blessings all but spell it out.
>>
So. The nameless King is gwyns son. Was he protecting anything or was it a dream?
>>
>>334679074
I'm fairly sure Rosaria/the dancer are just Gwynevere's daughters / descendants, both of their souls can be transposed to give her replenishing miracles, after all.
>>
>>334679045
>The past Queen of Lothric was likely Rosario.
If that were the case, Ocelotte/Yorshka would have been the one to steal Rosaria's tongue as her firstborn.

She doesn't really seem like the type. Also, the Queen is said to have disappeared completely. Rosaria is still around.
>>
>>334678792
>she
>>
Unrelated question, but when the Firekeeper teleports you to the Kiln of the First Flame she says 'let him grant death... to the old gods of lordran, deliverers of the first flame'

But then we go fight the Soul of Cinder. The only Old God contained in that is Gwyn. That doesn't seem to mesh with the dialogue.

Was a different ending planned? One where we fought all of the old lords?
>>
>tfw your fetish in the whole series
>>
>>334679147
>If that were the case, Ocelotte/Yorshka would have been the one to steal Rosaria's tongue as her firstborn.

Not true, Ocelotte was their third child.

>She doesn't really seem like the type. Also, the Queen is said to have disappeared completely. Rosaria is still around.

Maybe because she is hiding in the roof of the Chapel and leading a cult of worm people assassins?

>>334679141
Possible, as Bountiful Sunlight says Gwynevere was loved "...as both mother and wife..." so she's obviously somebody's Mom, and you get it from Rosaria.
>>
>>334679352
She probably means anyone that linked the flame, they're probably given similar stature as Gwyn.
>>
>>334670498
>There's no fuzzy area covered with bones and spikes
>he's not wearing a gold-hemmed robe
You're in denial. Aldrich has design elements of an Izalith Witch and Nito.
>>
>>334670971
No but he has an attack where he uses it.
>>
>>334679548
This has been discussed a thousand fucking times and proven wrong over and over again.
And everytime someone new comes along and starts it again, oblivious to what was said previously.
Fuck off.
>>
>>334678048
Then why is he using gwyndo like a cock puppet?

>>everyone else arguing here
Here it is guys, the truth:
It's meant to be obscure. None of you are right, and none of you are wrong. Due to the obscure nature of this story, you can always dig up details that confound the narrative adopted by anyone.

However, this means that if we want to find out who is MOST right and LEAST wrong, we can find a winner. It won't mean that the winner is right, and their argument for Priscilla's state in game is canon, but it does mean the argument they put forward should be shown some due respect.

I think the argument that Priscilla was eaten has this precedence of being "mostly right and least wrong."

I'm not saying you can't find evidence she isn't, bu I think that the evidence against her not being eaten is easier to find and more conclusive.

>1
Gwyndolin is the face of Aldritch. Whatever else about him eating/being a blob/ect, we can see that Gwyndolin's actions are by his will.
>2
Assuming he's still digesting Gwyndolin is a huge stretch, and has no basis anywhere except by sly implication. See >1; Gwyndolin is his puppet. That's not digestion, that's domination.
>3
You get Pricilla's signature spell, a spell that threatens gods, from killing Aldritch, a monster who has made a business of hunting gods.
>4
Nito is dead. Nito's soul as a force in the world is not. Aldritch didn't have to beat Nito; or he could have. It's not important though. He has, like Prici's scythe, Nito's junk, so he's eaten Nito's soul, same as Gwyndolin, and same as Pricilla.

You can say he hasn't eaten Pricilla. It's entirely possible he hasn't. There's more evidence that he has eaten her though, and very little evidence at all about why Gwyndolin is the face we see him as, and I suspect this is because the only reason we see Gwyndolin as his face is due to the fun fact that it's a great throwback. Nostalgia.
>>
>>334679548
Not him but prince Lothric's outfit is also pretty similar to an Izalith Witch's. Gold-hemmed robes seem like the fashion of the day, and Aldrich was a member of the clergy at one point.

Also the fact that both Nito and Izalith are looooooooong gone by the time of Aldrich and DS3 prettymuch makes that impossible.
>>
File: 3029199.jpg (343 KB, 811x1622) Image search: [Google]
3029199.jpg
343 KB, 811x1622
>>
>>334679691
>This has been discussed a thousand fucking times and proven wrong over and over again.
By morons. It's obvious as fuck.
>And everytime someone new comes along and starts it again, oblivious to what was said previously
What was said previously was fucking retarded. It's clear as day who Aldrich ate. The Nito point is literally undeniable. His waist/belly is full on nito skeletons and fur.
>>
>>334679497
>Not true, Ocelotte was their third child.
Citation on that? Who was the first, then? It can't be Lothric since he's younger than Lorian, and Lorian was supposed to be a golden, heroic child - would he really steal his own mother's tongue?

Rosaria is a goddess of rebirth. The Queen of Lothric was revered for fertility and bounty, not rebirth. Those are Gwynevere's elements.
>>
File: 3029200.jpg (322 KB, 811x1622) Image search: [Google]
3029200.jpg
322 KB, 811x1622
>>334679786
>>
File: 3029201.png (508 KB, 811x811) Image search: [Google]
3029201.png
508 KB, 811x811
>>334679864
>>
>>334679784
>Also the fact that both Nito and Izalith are looooooooong gone by the time of Aldrich and DS3 prettymuch makes that impossible.
Not really. DaS2 established that those souls are active and influential long after the deaths of their owners. Another thing to consider is if Nito could even ever die properly. And we never find what become of Quelana.

His design is clear as day

>Gold Hemmed Robes from Quelana
>Bones and fur on his waist and the gravelord glaive from Nito
>Helmet/mask/body moonlight magic and arrow abilities from Gwyndolin

He's the devourer of GODS and has several design elements that clearly originate from specific deities. Remember, he's introduced to use as a black sludge in the intro cinematic. Everything else must be borrowed/learned traits and abilities.
>>
>>334679695
You sound like you've just wandered in and are trying to be a mediator without having absorbed the previous parts of the discussion.
>Assuming he's still digesting Gwyndolin is a huge stretch, and has no basis anywhere except by sly implication. See >1; Gwyndolin is his puppet. That's not digestion, that's domination.
This sentence seems especially out of touch. Aldrich is a consumer. He eats shit. If you inspect the model closely you can see where Gwyndolin ends and Aldrich begins. Because she is sticking out of his mouth. The mouth that he uses to eat people. Because he's a devourer of gods.
If he used people like puppets instead of actually eating them, which is suggested by literally nothing in the game, then there would be more puppets than just Gwyndolin on him.

>>334679808
Skeletons. Because he is a notorious cannibal who has eaten thousands of victims and their bones are floating in his sludge.
Use your fucking brain before you try to come in and act like hot shit. You are saying the same dumb shit everyone else has said and been proven wrong the last thousand times.
>>
>>334679786
Was hoping the comic would end with him getting sight-parried like a bitch.
>>
>>334680081
>Skeletons.
Surrounded by FUR. Exactly like Nito. Dry black furry fabirc shit with skeletons tangled in it.

You're a fucking moron. Look closer. There's a blobby slimy part with a ribcage, but there's also a furry dry bony bit too.
>>
>>334680072
You are repeating what the last ten clueless dickheads have said and they were all blown the fuck out. Take the hint. The theory is not anymore valid because you are the one saying it this time, and you've done an even worse job of proving it than them.
>>
>>334679834
Lorian is the first child, Lothric is the second, Ocelotte is the third and final child. Oceiros confirms this.

Rosaria's tongue was cut out by her firstborn, but it doesn't say WHEN that happened.

If Oceiros and Rosario were king and queen, then Oceiros starts going all dragon crazy, and they have a half-dragon kid, Lorian might lose his marbles and cut his mother's tongue out for any number of reasons like stopping her from telling people about her crazy king husband and their mutant child. Then she runs away, then Lorian takes the opportunity to clean up the mess and locks daddy Oceiros away in the garden.

Then Lothric turns out to also be a fucking lunatic and he mindbreaks into the crawling idiot you see him in the game.
>>
>>334680207
>You are repeating what the last ten clueless dickheads have said
You're the only clueless dickhead here. Shut the fuck up and leave.
> Take the hint
The hint is that you're fucking braindead. As such, I'm done replying to you.
>>
>he has skeletons inside him he must have Nito's soul

My fucking sides dude please continue.

OH SHIT WAIT I HAVE A SKELETON INSIDE ME TOO

I AM NITO
>>
>>334680374
Wait a second, I have one as well!!

Are you pinwheel!?
Stop stealing my fucking skeletons.
>>
>>334673406
>It's possible Sulyvahn even took away his catalyst or tied him down

Hot, but I'd wager Gwyndolin can cast without one.
>>
>>334680272
What you have just said has been said in virtually every lore thread since the game came out. It is almost meme tier at this point. And you're so clueless about your own half-baked theory that you didn't even think to bring up the Gravelord Scythe argument.
Next time, read what people have said previously before assuming that anything going through your mind is in anyway original or interesting.
>>
>>334680374
GO LOOK AT THE BOSS. HE HAS -DRY- FUR WITH SKELETONS AND A SPEAR TIPPED WITH A GRAVELORD GS. TO REACH ANOR LONDO YOU HAVE TO CLEAR THE CATACOMBS AND CAN ALSO REACH LOST IZALITH. ALDRICH ATE THE LOCAL DEITIES IN EVERY NEARBY LOCALE.
>>
>>334680420
>>334680374

You are now suddenly aware every decomposing body is actually a very dedicated Nito cosplayer
>>
>>334680443
Sure, but Gwyndo is still pretty weak, comparatively speaking.

he has 'subtle' power like illusions, but from DaS we all know he's a pushover and a bottom.
>>
>>334680468
>What you have just said has been said in virtually every lore thread since the game came out
Because it's obvious and true.
>Next time, read what people have said previously
What people have said previously is objectively wrong.
>>
>>334680260
This isn't really based on anything but Lorian doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to rip out his mother's tongue.
Also, the description states not only that her firstborn ripped out her tongue, but *that she is still waiting for him to return*. Lorian never left. In fact, that's a huge part of his character, along with Lothric's.
>>
>>334680507
Dude I'm the fucking god of death don't talk to me like that you little bitch
>>
Can we just talk about how pris has the cutest face in the whole series?
>>
>>334680585
Not him, but what description is this that you're talking about?
>>
>>334680584
>What people have said previously is objectively wrong.
What people have said previously is what you just said, dipshit. If you had read the counterarguments to those people then you would have known not to embarass yourself with the MUH BONES argument. Now everyone is taking the piss out of you and I'm not even samefagging.
>>
File: Royal_family.png (11 KB, 646x337) Image search: [Google]
Royal_family.png
11 KB, 646x337
This is the royal family.
>>
>>334680635
I vividly remember the description but can't link it to the exact item, give me a minute and I'll try to find it.
>>
>>334680648
>If you had read the counterarguments
Those counterarguments are wrong and result from people with shitty televisions or eyesight who couldn't see the dictinction between the Nito part of his body and the black blob of sludge part. Where Gwyndolin's body ends, Nito's beginds and then after THAT you can see the blobby wet abomination that we see in the intro cinematic.
>>
>>334680686
We're now starting to wonder if Yorshka might be Ocelotte, friend. The evidence is there. But it conflicts with Gwynevere being the Queen, hard.
>>
>>334680686
Why would Gwyndolin call her daughter her sister?

This doesn't make any sense, please remove this aaAAAAAAAA
>>
>>334680081
>She
Gwyndolin's a boy yo.

You're all arguing, which is fun, but goalposts are fun too. Just adding some. You can ignore them, you know. Just close your eyes and believe you're right and everything else is wrong.

>Aldritch is a consumer
>Mouth
>Eat people
>Puppets

What I'm saying is that if he's only just "eating" gwyndolin, why is Gwyndolin fighting us instead of fighting Aldritch?

The point is, by what we can see, that Aldritch is using Gwyndolin's body. It makes sense, though it's not explicitly stated, that he becomes what he eats, or at least gains some elements of what he eats.

Nowhere except in you own head cannon is it implied or directly stated that while Aldritch is digesting someone he has full control over them. So where does that leave us? Logically, and mind you that you're the one claiming to be logical, mid digestion =/= domination. Explain to me how there's any evidence at all that:

He's digesting Gwyndolin right now, but the fight is centered on a Gwyndolin who is completely a slave to Aldritch's will, meaning he hasn't eaten Priscilla yet and has her signature spell for whatever reason and, unlike everything else in all the games, something cited in a lore-tidbit associated with an item is something that didn't actually happen already.
>Everything related to lore happens in the past in these games. When you have something like "and he turned his eyes on XXX" you can take this to mean "he conquered XXX," the reason they write it the first way is just fodder for fun lore discussions like this.

vs

He's using Gwyndolin as his face because the devs wanted to have the most fan-servicey god of the ones eaten by Aldritch to show us. He uses the spells he does and the attacks he does because he has eaten the gods or the god's souls associated with those spells, and he rewards items that are directly related to what he has eaten/absorbed, as is the overwhelming pattern with what rewards you can trade boss souls in for.
>>
>>334680771
>muh fur
would you like me to make a list of all the enemies in the game that have black fur for you

the entire plot of dark souls is contingent on nito being killed by the chosen undead and his soul put into the lordvessel, and before you say some dumb shit about the rotten, that was a tiny shard of his soul, AND if he had eaten a reincarnation he would have the qualities of the reincarnation, not the original nito
>>
>>334669019
>coming age of the deep sea
>mfw DLC comes out and Dark Souls literally gets confirmed as a Bloodborne prequel
>>
>>334680686
We debunked that earlier. Yorshka is definitely Ocellotte, taken in and renamed by Gwyndolin as an adopted sister.

Also Gwynevere married Flann the Flame God and left Lordran completely.
>>
File: Royal_family.png (9 KB, 653x354) Image search: [Google]
Royal_family.png
9 KB, 653x354
>>334680793
Shieet
>>
>>334680871
>DaS2 Never Happened
>Nito, God of Death is permanently dead
You're a goofball. Either one of the above issues easily explains it. All Aldrich had to do was consume Nito's Soul or whoever was being influenced by it at the time.
>>
>>334680894
Nigger marriages come and go, people die.
The item description supports Gwynevere being the Queen.
>>
>>334680870
>What I'm saying is that if he's only just "eating" gwyndolin, why is Gwyndolin fighting us instead of fighting Aldritch?
Oh. It looks like your position in the argument is based on a misunderstanding.
Gwyndolin is not possessed. He is dead. He is long dead. You are fighting a corpse which Aldrich is flailing around like a puppet. Not literally controlling a sentient Gwyndolin, but moving his limp limbs around.

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - to suggest that Gwyndolin is still alive at this point, or being controlled, or anything along those lines, and there is nothing to suggest that Aldrich is even capable of that. There is plenty to suggest, however, that Aldrich. Just. Eats. Niggas.

You are the only person who believes that Aldrich is controlling Gwyndolin in this manner. You most likely just misunderstood what you were seeing.
>>
>>334680981
>and before you say some dumb shit about the rotten, that was a tiny shard of his soul, AND if he had eaten a reincarnation he would have the qualities of the reincarnation, not the original nito

>BUT NITO IS THE GOD OF DEATH HE CAN'T DIE
neither can undead
there is a difference between just dying and having your soul removed and shoved into a lordvessel
>>
>>334680927
I'm willing to bet Rosaria is Gwynevere's daughter and ex-queen of Lothric. From Divine Blessing

>The Queen of Lothric, married to the former King Oceiros, was initially revered as a goddess of fertility and bounty. After giving birth to Ocelotte, her youngest, she quietly disappeared.

Rosaria's soul can be transposed into Bountiful Sunlight, implying she has some divine healing ability to her.
>>
>>334668761

>implying slug is smart enough to figure out how to get into the painting and where the doll you need to enter is
>>
>>334670662
>boy

;)
>>
File: fugg.jpg (75 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
fugg.jpg
75 KB, 780x439
post your face when you got invaded by the Giantdad NPC
>>
Do you guys think we'll have painted world related DLC?
>>
ALRIGHT LADS
Let's put this dumb Nito and Izalith shit to rest. That's becoming a retread at this point and we've found something way more interesting that we have a chance at actually making progress on.

>YORSHKA IS OCELOTTE
>GWYNEVERE IS THE QUEEN OF LOTHRIC
Only one can be true.
>Yorshka is a fake name given to her by Gwyndolin, confirmed
>Yorshka is a dragon hybrid, meaning she is either related to Priscilla or Oceiros
>Gwynevere is revered as a symbol of bounty and fertility, as is the Queen of Lothric
>Item descriptions refer to Gwyndolin as Yorshka's brother
>Yorshka herself refers to Gwynevere as her sister, and Gwyn as her father
>>
>>334681089
>there is a difference between just dying and having your soul removed and shoved into a lordvessel
Not that much of one apparently. The Rotten happened. Cycles happen. Your denial is cute.

What places are nearby to Aldrich in DaS3?
>Catacombs of Carthus
>Smouldering Lake
>Anor Londo
Who does Aldrich look like?
>Nito
>Quelana
>Gwyndolin
Where did these gods reside?
>Tomb of the Giants
>Lost Izalith
>Anor Londo

Do you not fucking see it yet? Aldrich ate every god he could find nearby to his home.
>>
>>334681140

wait, is that a real thing?
>>
>>334681431
>Not that much of one apparently. The Rotten happened. Cycles happen. Your denial is cute.
We know exactly why the rotten exists. The lordvessel was stolen and taken to Drangleic. A fragment - FRAGMENT - of Nito's soul was reincarnated as the Rotten.

>hey im going to argue that nito's death doesn't matter because he could've come back in a different form while SIMULTANEOUSLY CLAIMING HE WOULD BE EXACTLY WHERE HE USED TO BE IN DARK SOULS 1 EVEN THOUGH HE IS APPARENTLY A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT INCARNATION OF HIMSELF WITH NO TIES TO THE TOMB OF THE GIANTS

I'm not even going to grace the Quelana thing with a response since that has been debunked so thoroughly that I have difficulty even taking it seriously.

And you've ignored all the other points, like Aldrich gaining the attributes of whatever Nito's reincarnated form would be, not Nito himself.

Would you just give the fuck up? You have yet to say a single thing that has not already been discussed ad nauseum.
>>
>>334681321
>Yorshka herself refers to Gwynevere as her sister, and Gwyn as her father

Don't you think that it's entirely possible that these are simply their titles? Like a nun is known as a sister. It's worth mentioning that she also says this while reciting almost an IDENTICAL passage as what Gwyndolin states in DaS 1

>Father gwyn, sister gwynevere

From the mouth of Gwyndolin himself as well.
>>
>>334669268
>it is logistically impossible
I love how the waifufags coming out of the woodwork shoot themselves in the foot so earnestly.
>>
>>334681276
I've 180'd on Priscilla being involved at all after figuring out the Yorshka = Ocellotte bit. Aldrich gives you Lifehunt Scythe because of his fixation on finding her, and also as a throwback to Priscilla because they're both Half-breeds.

The only thing I could think of to refute that is that the miracle states "In this dream, he perceived the form of a young, pale girl in hiding."

Is Yorshka hiding? Was Priscilla hiding? Priscilla was locked away and wanted to be left alone, not really hiding away.
Yorshka is also hidden at the top of the Prison Tower, but we don't have any lore to suggest she was forced to go there. She is Captain of the Darkmoons so she's not exactly hiding out either, but given the current state of Anor Londo being overtaken by Pontiff Sulvayhn and Gwyndolin being captured, locked up (and eaten, probably unbeknownst to Yorshka) she seems more likely to be hiding from the people currently occupying their capital.
>>
>>334672272
>Gwynevere married William
>her name is actually spelled Guinevere
Neat.
>>
>>334681662
No no no, she's not hiding, she's imprisoned.

It's a fucking prison tower, she doesn't even know how you managed to get there when you do. I'm assuming she's imprisoned because of her potential, but this time by Sulyvahn.
>>
>>334668295
who here /ReadyForPaintedWorldInDS3DLC/ ?
>>
>>334681810
It makes more sense for Yorshka to be described as hiding than Priscilla. Yorshka may be in a prison tower but that just means the tower was once used as a prison, not that it's being used as a prison for Yorshka.

Gwyndolin, her brother and the leader of her covenant, has just been eaten alive, and there is evidence to suggest that she's next. I would sure as shit be hiding in her position.

Also, she's operating as the captain of the Darkmoon, which doesn't seem like a very prisonery thing to do. More like a guerilla warfare type thing that someone in hiding would do. You have to cross an invisible path to get to her, after all, that's not prison-standard. More like 'I want to make sure nobody finds this'.
>>
File: latest.jpg (381 KB, 1045x852) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
381 KB, 1045x852
>>334671870
>lady tits
Where, pray tell, are these supposed tits?
>>
>>334681593

>The lordvessel was stolen and taken to Drangleic. A fragment - FRAGMENT - of Nito's soul was reincarnated as the Rotten.
Prove it.
>>
>Vaati is in this thread RIGHT NOW taking notes.
>>
>>334681619
Congratulations on not reading anything in the thread. We're all very proud of you.
>>
>>334682031
She's the captain because Gwyndolin gave her that role, not because she thinks she's fighting a guerilla war. She doesn't even have any knights in her force 'till you come along.
She's quite oblivious to the blight of Gwyndolin as well because when you rank up her covenant she wishes you could have a grand time with Gwyndolin. Why would she also not know how to get to her if she's 'hiding'?
>>
>>334681321
Yorhska is Ocelotte, taken in by Gwyndolin as an adopted sister.
Rosaria is the Ex-Queen and also Gwynevere's daughter.

It explains everything, why you get the miracles from the people you get them from. It meshes with Divine Blessing's text. It explains Yorshka's calling people her father/sister. It solves the question of where the baby Oceiros is supposed to be carrying went.

The last bit of doubt is the conversation you have with Leonhard where he describes how she lost her tongue. But then again, he could be a total fucking liar as he eventually murders her and tries to abscond with her soul.

He DOES run to Gwynevere's chamber with it, so there's that.
>>
>>334682106
I fail to see how you've come to any real conclusion when the fact is that Aldrich wields Priscilla's scythe. You have clearly tried to handwave it throughout the thread but your waifu is dead.
>>
>>334682182
>Rosaria is the Ex-Queen and also Gwynevere's daughter.
This was proposed earlier and doesn't make much sense because it necessitates that Lorian stole her tongue and left, and that she is now waiting for him to return.
Not only does Lorian not seem the type to do such a thing - but he's never left, and is very insistent on not leaving, so she can't be waiting for him to return. It doesn't add up.

And the Queen is described as revered for her fertility and bounty. Rosaria is a goddess of rebirth. Gwynevere is a goddess of fertility and bounty.
>>
File: 20160418174946_1.jpg (242 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160418174946_1.jpg
242 KB, 1920x1080
L E W D
>>
>>334682182
>It explains Yorshka's calling people her father/sister.

I'd like to reiterate on what I previously stated:

Yorshka DOES NOT consider Gwynevere her ACTUAL sister, it's just a fucking formal title. Or are you going to say that Gwyndolin is the brother of Gwynevere as well?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8T4FH3rZlA
>>
Man, theorizing about where the fuck Yorshka came from is fun, first it was her and Prissy being Nameless Dragonfucker's kids, then it became fuccboi was her dad, and Priscilla her mom, now she's Ocelotte, thirdborn of Oceiros
>>
File: 20160418174949_1.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160418174949_1.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1080
>>334682293
>>
>>334682209
Wow, I was kind of joking but saying that really proves you haven't read anything. What the fuck do you think we've been talking about all this time, jackass?
Shit is irritating. People have a discussion, bring up arguments and counterarguments which are accepted or refuted - then new people come in, act like they're hot shit, and bring up the SAME THINGS which have already been tossed away or accepted as fact, never stopping to think that maybe, just maybe, they aren't the first person to suggest this.
>>
>>334682298
>Or are you going to say that Gwyndolin is the brother of Gwynevere as well?
uhh
yes
>>
>>334682373
>baby's first discussion thread
Started with DS3 eh? Maybe you should just get out.
>>
>>334682421
That's it, I'm coming over and taking my dakimura to rek you with.
>>
>>334682437
>babby's first attempt at elitism
It helps if you aren't acting like a complete dumbass and regurgitating ancient information in the hopes someone will take you seriously.
>>
>>334682031
She says was put there by the Pontiff.

Which means she's next, obviously.
>>
Friendly reminder Gwynevere was the queen of Lothric when Oceiris was still in charge.
>>
>>334682285
Which makes less sense?

1) Rosaria was a goddess of fertility and bounty, then her husband goes nuts for dragon magic, she has a half-breed mutant child Ocelotte, her eldest son cuts out her tongue and goes crazy, so she peaces the fuck out to go hide in the chapel as the new goddess of rebirth

2) Gwynevere spontaneously returns to Lordran after millenia of being gone, has divorced her husband Flann to marry Oceiros, has Yorshka with him, then vanishes again.

The first option uses established characters in the game and rolls the story back into itself.

The second option is literally out of fucking nowhere.

>>334682298
>Or are you going to say that Gwyndolin is the brother of Gwynevere as well?

Uhh yeah? They establish that they are brother and sister multiple times in DS1.
>>
>>334682572
Really? Then I guess she can't be described as 'in hiding' either.

So both of the pale girls with ties to Lifehunt Scythe that we know of aren't in hiding.

WHO THE FUCK
>>
>>334682549
Wow, I was kind of joking but saying that really proves you don't know what you're talking about.
How many sentences can you type without saying anything?
>>
>>334682581
Nope, the handmaid is the Queen of Lothric.
>>
>>334682293
>>334682360
Witchtits best girl
>>
>>334682601
The issue is that the first one directly conflicts with information about Rosaria's firstborn leaving and her waiting for his return.
If something conflicts then we can't use it, simple as that. The rest sort of fits but that one piece isn't slotting in.

And as much as you're trying to paint Gwynevere's return as an asspull, the lore throws a lot of connections at us. A looot of connections.
>>
>>334682628
Who, Emma? She's the last remaining High Priestess, not the queen.

Or do you mean the miracle vendor? That lady is a plain ol priestess of Lothric. Also not royalty.
>>
>>334682628
Already went through this, and you're incredibly dumb for ever thinking it might be the case.
>>
>>334682716
>The issue is that the first one directly conflicts with information about Rosaria's firstborn leaving and her waiting for his return.
If something conflicts then we can't use it, simple as that. The rest sort of fits but that one piece isn't slotting in.

Where's the source for that story about how she lost her tongue?

Why does Leonhard bring her soul to Gwynevere's chambers after he kills her?
>>
>>334682796
>Where's the source for that story about how she lost her tongue?
I'm struggling to find the item but I'm 100% certain it's there somewhere, I remember reading this description and going 'hmm'
>Why does Leonhard bring her soul to Gwynevere's chambers after he kills her?
I don't know, that does seem like a pretty big hint.
>>
>>334682756
SHE'S

FROM
CARIIIM

CARIIIMM

THE LAND OF THE REAL MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>334682796
Because Rosaria is a daughter of Gwynevere. Gwynevere had a shitliad of children. The only reason Rosaria's soul gives Bountiful Sunlight is because she is a descendant of Gwynevere.
>>
if Ocelotte is Oceiros's daughter and gwynevere's, why does he say she's half dragon half HUMAN?

Gwynevere isn't human.
>>
FOUND IT
Obscuring Ring
>It is said that Rosaria, the mother of rebirth, was robbed of her tongue by her firstborn, and has been waiting for their return ever since.
Going by Rosaria = Queen theory, the firstborn is Lorian.
>>
>>334676898
I think Pontiff was originally from cathedral of the deep, but went mad and released aldritch.
The entirety of the masses in cathdral of the deep were supposed to be there to LOCK AWAY evil creatures.
note also, the giant cage like raising platforms in the bottom of the deep.

I believe Gwyndolin may have been revered as a god by people in Irithyl, and served as last line of defense against Aldritch and pontiff, who could no longer be pacified by being fed corpses from the graveyard.
Essentially, Everyone in deep went hollow/mad letting aldritch escape, and Gwyndolin died, protecting Yorshka.

Pontiff and his masses didnt originally inhabit the city until very recently.
Considering how reverent the paintings of old anor londo are treated in that one area with the black knights, and how smoughs armor was on display.
Can anyone confirm if the silver/black knights attack any of the other enemies?
>>
>>334682360
why have i not seen this npc
>>
>>334682293
who is this
>>
>>334682974
Gwynevere is a human with a powerful/divine soul. Same as Artorias, Ornstein, Lothric, Lorian, etc. Virtually any boss which just looks human but is much larger than normal.

There are only two actual races in Dark Souls, humans and giants. Size discrepancies are either down to empowered souls or gameplay reasons.
>>
>>334683084
Is there any evidence to suggest that Lorian did that, though? I'll admit there is an interesting connection between Rosaria and Lorian both being mute, but something more concrete is necessary.
>>
>>334682756
No, I mean the handmaid. The vendor.

>There is a grave in Lothric that sees no visitors, a dark place where rootless warriors rest. The Queen of Lothric alone cared to wish the poor souls good fortune.
>>
>>334683123
>Pontiff and his masses didnt originally inhabit the city until very recently.
Very unlikely. The knights in Irithyll are said to have very slowly been transformed into monsters by the Pontiff's black eye rings. This indicates that Irithyll was conquered long, long ago.
>>
>>334683220
We're discussing the possibility of Rosaria being the Queen, so since the Queen's firstborn is Lorian, that is something that must also be true if she is the Queen.

I don't personally believe she is, so I'm using that as evidence that she can't be the Queen, because Lorian doesn't fit the criteria of that item description. He never left.
>>
>>334683221
That exact word-for-word theory was put forth and debunked earlier.
>>
Hmmmmm potential gear in the "Yorshka = Ocelotte" theory...or not...maybe.

Oceiros refers to Ocelotte as a he.

Now, normally I would think that fucking ruins the whole idea, but if Ocelotte was taken in by the queen of genderbending hirself, Gwyndolin, ze may have just pulled another switcheroo and raised Ocelotte to think he was a she just like hirself.

>want to kill myself after using those pronouns
>lore too deep can't quit now
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.