[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The film adaptation of Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Screengrab_1460067648770.png (459 KB, 628x432) Image search: [Google]
Screengrab_1460067648770.png
459 KB, 628x432
>The film adaptation of Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us is currently in “development hell” according to the game’s creative director Neil Druckmann.
>“I know I said in an interview a while back we had a table read, got the script to a good place and it kind of entered development hell like these things tend to do,” he told IGN. “There hasn’t been any work done on it in over a year and a half.”
>“Every once in a while they’ll come in and they’ll present to us: Here’s the script, here’s what we’re thinking. We’ll tell them what we think works, what we think doesn’t work,” Druckmann said, adding, “That’s where we’re at. Last I heard is they got a new screenwriter, but we haven’t seen anything in a while.”

The dream is dead.
>>
>Movie based on a movie-game that came out like 3 years ago

Why are they so fucking retarted?
>>
The Road received lukewarm reception, I doubt a video game movie could do any better.
>>
>>333540727
>Over rated game wants to make an over hyped movie

Wow its fucking nothing.

The Last of Us was just a slower paced Uncharted with forced stealth mechanics and basically forced you to like Ellie when she's a totally unlikeable character.

Basically it was standard zombie apocalypse faire, I don't know why it got so much praise.
>>
>>333540727

>almost a movie on it's own
>not just getting actors to act out the cutscenes

Come on, it can't be that hard.
>>
>>333540727
Seems like it's doing fine, some scripts stay in limbo for YEARS before going into production, just the way the business works.
>>
>movie out of a movie
I mean cmon.
>>
>>333540727
>tfw you will never get a chance to watch the Citizen Kane of movies
>>
>>333541206
>they make the movie
>it's no citizen kane at all
is their citizen kane of video games false then?
>>
>>333540727
Why do they even keep trying to make movies based off video games?
>>
>>333541165
If they can make street fighter the game-the movie-the game. then they can make anything
>>
>>333540727
I suspect something similar is happening to the Metal Gear Solid film as well. I haven't heard jack shit about it since it was announced like 4 years ago.
>>
>>333541784
>suspect
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.