[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pharaoh Rebirth+
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: header.jpg (53 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
53 KB, 460x215
Did anyone else play this? It barely got coverage but it's one of the best PC platformers I've played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orIiAnGFev4
>>
Expected furshit, this actually looks really fun though. Why do these games get so little attention while shitty 8-bit ones sell like hot cakes?
>>
>>333154601

Networking, sucking up to each other takes priority over Just Like Make Game
>>
I've played it. Certainly pretty cool, kinda surprised it went so far under the radar. It's basically extreme castlevania, so you'd think at least castlevania fags would eating it up more.
>>
>>333154601
>not made by hipsters in San Francisco with 10k+ tweets
You answered your own question.
>>
>>333154786
Considering how /v/ eats up metroidvanias, I'm surprised too. It looks way better than Rabi-Rabi.
>>
>>333155435
It doesn't have cute anime girls so yeah don't expect it to get attention
>>
>>333155435
There's a lot of stuff that looks and plays better than Rabi-Ribi but it gets the weeb pass.
As for Pharaoh, the MC is a big turn off for me.
>>
I already have too many Steam games to finish but I'm gonna get this to support actually well made non-cliquey shit

the art direction's good too, a common problem with Japanese indies is that despite not being bleep bloop retro hipster shit and having good gameplay they can have really bland art styles; but this is one of the really appealing looking ones
>>
Steam only uh?

Oh well, I guess I'll wait for a torrent.
>>
>>333155565
I don't like the art in the OP/Steam banner much cuz it looks kinda Deviantart furry-ish with the pseudorealistic anatomy combined with the cartoon head... but the Indiana Jones Bunny's in-game sprite its more just totally cartoony and charming; I like it far more.

Really the sprites look surprisingly good in general.
>>
File: 1405398682245.jpg (50 KB, 821x615) Image search: [Google]
1405398682245.jpg
50 KB, 821x615
>>333155565
I usually don't care for furshit, but I'm fine with that character design. Reminds me of shobon.
>>
>>333155831
I don't like that Steam is basically just corporate DRM that PC Kart Racers were brainwashed into thinking is good, but I do use it to support lesser-known games. I've legitimately done the "pirate before you buy" thing multiple times (2 hours might not be enough to test some games) then only bought it as a way of giving back.
>>
>>333156062
As I said earlier the OP art fels more "furry with attitude" Deviantart Sonic fan-ish which I think but that anon off. But the in-game sprite which is just charming and cartoony-anime as you said.

If the OP art annoys you I say check out the in-game footage on the Steam page to make up your mind.
>>
>>333156207

Thing is, I'm an opinionated cunt, and I said I wouldn't install that client on any machine I own.

So I won't. Not like I have much to lose anyway.
>>
>>333156293
*put that anon off
>>
Does look lovely though.
>>
>can download the jap version for free

am i paying for a translation or did they add something?
>>
>>333155831
Yeah, you can remove the DRM very easily by just adding the generic 3DM .dll crack though. Still need a account and the client to download it though.
>>
>>333157034
It has one more stage compared to the free version. Don't know if there's any other changes.
>>
>>333157034
Link? Can't find it.
>>
>>333158015
http://info.nicovideo.jp/gamemaga/pharaoh/download.html
>>
>>333154165
It's the best Metroidvania I've played in a while
>>
>>333158603
Thank you, Anon.
>>
>>333155435
>>333155549
>>333155565
Excepting Rabi Ribi didn't shine because it was weeb but because of the whole sequence breaking aspect and its level design. Play it instead of talking out of your ass.
>>
>>333154165

>see footage
>"holy fuck this look amazing!"
>can't find torrent anywhere

SKIDROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
File: knuckles.png (55 KB, 172x226) Image search: [Google]
knuckles.png
55 KB, 172x226
>>333158603

wait there is a freeware version?
>>
>>333163182
I did, and refunded it after reaching the town.
Then I purchased Environmental Station Alpha and enjoyed the fuck out of it for 20 hours.
Rabi-Ribi just won't hold you enough to reach the good part, unless you like anime girls.
>>
i played rabi ribi for a while but i just lost interess after a while

it might have the metroidvania structure but the level are just so boring, there is really no value in the game other than the danmaku boss
>>
>>333154165

I love me some Egyptian shit but the cartoony animal artstyle is putting me off.
>>
File: 1458687902050.png (40 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1458687902050.png
40 KB, 321x322
>The game is stage based.
There goes my interest.
>>
>>333157202
I wanna know what other changes there are if any
>>
File: chara2.png (211 KB, 387x492) Image search: [Google]
chara2.png
211 KB, 387x492
http://info.nicovideo.jp/gamemaga/pharaoh/chara.html

The illustrations here look much better than the OP pic, obviously a different artist
>>
File: chara3.png (208 KB, 387x492) Image search: [Google]
chara3.png
208 KB, 387x492
ok, update: the freeware version has no difficulty option at the start while the Steam page says "Easy, Normal, and Hard modes to customize your experience. " That's important to me since don't like having an easy time in games like this.

I dunno if the freeware version has the boss rush mode after you complete it though; I like having a boss rush feature especially after playing a bunch of Ys.

But you know what? Fuck it, I just want to support these devs. This looks like what could've easily been a high-profile release in the PS1 days by a team of obscure nobodies and it's twice as cheap as shit like Gone Home and Sunset and exactly the same price as Fez. I just want to help out people who can't get publicity by having the right Twitter opinions so... fuck it, tenbux is fine.
>>
File: chara1.png (203 KB, 387x492) Image search: [Google]
chara1.png
203 KB, 387x492
>>333167715
also, honestly the freeware version being out there and a pretty complete game is kind of a 'pirate before you buy' thing except actually embraced by the devs. it reminds me of Hiroyuki Yamaga from Gainax in pre-Crunchyroll days actually encouraging piracy by saying "torrent the show to see if you like it and if you feel it's worth giving back then buy the DVDs".
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.