[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3DM has been the only crack team to take a go at it. And they've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: based_denuvo.jpg (24 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
based_denuvo.jpg
24 KB, 600x330
3DM has been the only crack team to take a go at it.

And they've been struggling.

AND they're Chinese.
>>
Denuvo is pretty much impossible to crack
>>
Why do you shill anti-piracy things?

Pirates wouldn't buy the game anyway, so realistically, it wastes the money of the developers.

Discuss
>>
>>332604683
oh please. Stop trying to justify your illegal actions
>>
File: lol.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>>332604683
>Pirates wouldn't buy the game anyway
>>
>>332604962
So then you're saying pirates DO buy games or...?
>>
>>332604962
I don't pirate though.

Seriously, if someone goes to pirate something and can't what are the chances they'll buy the game. If they're that cheap in the first place there's little chance they're going to spent money at all
>>
>>332605092
I am saying its just a shitty excuse no more no less.
>>
>>332605182
Why is it shitty?

Because pirates don't buy games (thus making denuvo a waste of resources), or pirates DO buy games (thus making denuvo a nuisance that's gets in the way of demoing a product where there might not be one available)

Which is it?
>>
>>332605151
>what are the chances they'll buy the game

I'd say pretty good if it's a title they are really wanting to play.
>>
>>332605354
it just sounds some petty guy would say. "I wasn't going to buy it anyway" thats all.
>>
>>332605390
So then denuvo gets in the way of the paying customer.

Not only that, you can't gaurantee that it turns the pirate into a consumer, he has a chance of moving on to the next free game.

And with this huge market of f2p games, it's a good chance they'll just play DOTA.
>>
>>332605354
>Because pirates don't buy games (thus making denuvo a waste of resources), or pirates DO buy games (thus making denuvo a nuisance that's gets in the way of demoing a product where there might not be one available)

Fallacy of false dilemma
>>
File: 01 Bob-Ross.jpg (611 KB, 912x913) Image search: [Google]
01 Bob-Ross.jpg
611 KB, 912x913
>>332605729
>So then denuvo gets in the way of the paying customer.

Doesn't get in my way one bit, makes me happy knowing a dev is making additional cash for a game I enjoy.
>>
>>332605729
>denuvo gets in the way
Wtf? If you get your game from a valid retailer how does it do that?
>>
File: 1458347683079.gif (1 MB, 146x95) Image search: [Google]
1458347683079.gif
1 MB, 146x95
OP made this same comment hours ago, google and you'll see I'm not making this up.

Also, making my point again

>Hey people, now that PC is a safe haven we can release our AAA titles at day one
>Sure
>Atlus: hey look Square is releasing FFXV let's do the same, we'll get all sales because Denuvo

Worked out great huh?

Just let us pirate whatever, they will NEVER change their mind any fucking way.
>>
>>332604558
how come the russians couldn't crack it?
>>
>>332606413
Correct
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/3DM%20has%20been%20the%20only%20crack%20team%20to%20take%20a%20go%20at%20it./

Obvious shitpost Denuvo threads have been common for a while now and it's really puzzling to me. It comes off as shilling, but I don't see what the purpose would be of shilling Denuvo on /v/.
Could just be autism along the same vein as Barneyfag or the Ass Autist.
>>
>>332607069
Consolefags.
They think piracy is a major positive dot point to owning a PC and we're going to be mad seeing it go, when in reality the possibility of piracy disappearing isn't the issue and Denuvo is just a piece of shit that lowers performance and blocks mods.
>>
>>332605868

Not yet. Just wait.

Did you see what happened when Microsoft patched out support for some DRM solution end of last year and legitimately bought games suddenly became unplayable (Among wich VtMB)?

Now, this is being addressed on a game to game basis because people can crack patch those games.

Imagine the same issue arising for a game that will not be cracked, for whatever reason.
>>
>>332607372

I'd say don't dismiss piracy, if if you don't pirate yourself, it's serves a purpose, and I would argue a certain level of piracy is the sign of a *healthy* market.
>>
File: denuv.png (7 KB, 498x77) Image search: [Google]
denuv.png
7 KB, 498x77
You promised me, /v/. Where is it?
>>
>>332604558
It won't last. It never does.
>>
>>332607729
Does it have Denuvo?

Welp, time to play something else. After DS2 there is zero chance of me buying DS3 without playing it to completion first.
>>
>>332607612
If the purpose you're speaking of is >>332607436 then the fact that it *needs* to exist to solve that problem is just another symptom of the plague Denuvo happens to be a part of.
>>
File: What now.png (19 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
What now.png
19 KB, 275x200
>>332604558
Pirate here, I still didn't buy any game that wasn't cracked nor am I planning to.
Also, I am not shilling the games or mentioning them in any way shape or form.
With Denuvo nobody wins.
>>
>>332607729
Since this is a relatively slow-moving thread and I've got you right here maybe you can answer for me.

Why do people spread really specific misinformation like this on /v/ so much lately?
Can you explain what you get out of it? I just don't get it.
If it's really just regular shitposting I can get behind it. But it really seems different to me.
>>
>>332607938

Conservation of the gaming heritage. There's a lot of game you wouldn't be able to play right now if not for piracy - even disregarding DRM getting in the way.

Because the industry historically hasn't cared about its legacy, so it fell on enthusiasts to safeguard it.
>>
>>332608176
Legitimately spelled it out for you right here >>332607372
>>
>>332608105
you can refund any game on steam if you played under 2 hours without question
literally no reason to pirate, you can even do that with denuvo games
>>
if dark souls 3 have denuvo, im fucking giving up on gaming
>>
>>332608505
see >>332608497
>>
>>332608497

Being a bit ol school myself, I think Steam is just as much an issue as Denuvo really - though for slightly different reason. Probably bigger even.

Steam-only (or similar client infrastructure) means no buy.
>>
>>332608283
What, abandonware?
Can you really call it piracy when it's at a point where nobody's even around to take money for it? If it's impossible to buy the game then nobody's losing any money over it. The rest - having to crack old titles because of dropped support - is a symptom of DRM again.
>>
>>332604558
>3DM has been the only crack team to take a go at it.

The only people who actually cracked Denuvo was CPY and this was well over a year ago. 3DM didn't crack it they bypassed it.
>>
>>332604558
Russkies are better at cracking t
>>
>>332608176
>Why do people spread really specific misinformation like this on /v/ so much lately?
So they can be immortalised if they get it right.
>>
File: 1280px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png (121 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png
121 KB, 1280x853
The free market triumphs again, communists btfo
>>
>>332608912
>Can you really call it piracy when it's at a point where nobody's even around to take money for it?

Legally, that's what it is. And to keep existing, they have to be kept being shared. And the sharing starts when the game is new.
>>
>>332609115
Anyone who isn't libertarian is either economically illiterate or a dumb statist.
>>
>>332609115

Piracy *is* the free market.

Copyrighted material is born and survives on a heavily regulated market.
>>
>>332608283
This. Until about 2014 the only ways people could play my favorite game of all time, System Shock 2, was either by pirating or getting an old disk off ebay.
Fortunately it's now being sold DRM-free, incidentally.

I've also played plenty of old game as an adult that I missed as a kid. Aside from piracy, my chances of getting my hands on some of these games would be poor.

I don't mind paying for games, I'm concerned about paying for a "license" instead of a product, or about shit breaking like was mentioned.
>>
>>332604558
There's money to be made here. No one is going to waste the effort.
>>
>>332609115
>believes in intellectual property
>claims to be against communism

hehe
>>
>>332604558
They are waiting for more company's to commit and then crack them all at once after they spend MASSIVE money on anti-piracy tech.

Just wait and see.
>>
>>332608176
>Why do people spread really specific misinformation like this on /v/ so much lately?
Because currently we dont have any info. So anything that appears to be news, its spread like fire in here. We can only speculate if Denuvo has been cracked already or not, if crack groups are getting paid to do nothing or not, etc. The only thing that we know for sure is that Denuvo gets in the way, it really lowers performance and sends some heavy load on your CPU. Sure, it worked to stop piratefags, debatable if worth it or not, but lowering performance is just bullshit, its the one and only reason I hate Denuvo.
>>
/v/ on suicide watch
>>
>>332609949
>We can only speculate if Denuvo has been cracked already or not

It was cracked already; but they change the way denuvo works for each release so one crack does not fit all. The reason why modern releases aren't being cracked is a number of reasons, not enough interest to justify the time on cracking it is the number one reason.
>>
>>332609658
Because crackers want to debilitate the anti-piracy industry. What would they do next?
>>
>>332609992
>Piratefags on suicide watch
FTFY
>>
>>332609292
This. In a truly capitalistic society there wouldn't be things like copyright or intellectual property, as those both hamper or destroy any competition that would exist between different competitors.
>>
>>332611642

Not necessarily. Capitalistic doesn't preclude regulated, and you *can* have several models of capitalistic societies.

Hell, at its core I would argue few capitalistic societies could survive without regulations. Money itself exists only because of a set of regulations.

It was interesting at some time in ancient China as warlord and triads had all the executive and economical real power, yet still needed the imperial power to exist as the neutral legitimation of the money used.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.